Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

There is another option for Vigilante - that he's someone linked to Curtis, seeing as he's supposed to have his own villain too. 

Although is Vigilante a villain? IDK.

Edited by Guest
15 minutes ago, LeighAn said:

I think they've handled Dinah the character well but her introduction and role in the show less then- if that makes sense? Like she gels well as a character with the rest of the cast but I still don't know why she's even there? Like shes neither a huge asset to the team or a huge liability she's just there because?

Yeah, I'm not exactly sure why she's there either. They went searching for her because of the canary cry and then she just randomly gets called BC at the end of the season because why? Because she has the canary cry similar to Laurel's? Because she can fight? Because comics? IDK. It just felt very half-assed. I do think she has potential but as it stands she feels very "generic female badass number 2." Maybe that'll improve in s6 when she goes up against BS?

40 minutes ago, wonderwall said:

I can't really imagine Dinah getting 2 villains/morallly compromised characters to deal with this season...

I'm guessing Vigilante is going to be for Diggle. I'm not really sure what connection he'll have to him, but I doubt it's going to be Dinah.

I have to agree, they've been pretty specific that each character would get their own personal villain and it's obvious that BS is BCs villain, so i can't see them giving her Vigilante as well.  Especially since, Vigilante pre-dates Dinah's appearance on the show, just doesn't seem to work, IMO

Vigilante goes to either Diggle or Green Arrow, still 50/50 between Richard Dragon and Vigilante (I flip flop almost daily).  I could almost see that spec from  last week about Vigilante being E2 Robert Queen but, where does that leave Anatoly?  

• Love 3
53 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

There is another option for Vigilante - that he's someone linked to Curtis, seeing as he's supposed to have his own villain too. 

I can't think of anyone connected to Curtis that's already been seen on the show other than Paul.  And isn't Vigilante kind of a bigger guy than Paul was? 

• Love 1

From EW:

What Arrow scoop did you get from your set visit last week? — Wayne
Each of the villains this season is basically matched to someone on the team, like Anatoly with Oliver or Black Siren and Black Canary — and the same can be said of Vigilante. “I know who he is,” Stephen Amell says. “I’m not going to tell you who he is, but I will tell you Vigilante is a villain, if you want to call him that, for a member of the team as well.”

If Black Siren is Dinah's villain than the Vigilante is probably not her ex, since it sounds like he'll be paired against someone else on the team.  Also in that article, the answer about The Flash means I don't think we have to worry about Olicity getting married in the crossover (I hope!). 

• Love 2
35 minutes ago, Trisha said:

I will tell you Vigilante is a villain, if you want to call him that

Maybe Vigilante is not a full-on villain, because his goggles were seen in that LOT episode with the rest of the other heroes. Now, that could just be a red herring or Arrow can just say that's an alternate reality but it makes me think Vigilante will be an antagonist but not a villain. Placing my bet he's gonna be either for Diggle or Oliver/GA.

50 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

Maybe Vigilante is not a full-on villain, because his goggles were seen in that LOT episode with the rest of the other heroes. Now, that could just be a red herring or Arrow can just say that's an alternate reality but it makes me think Vigilante will be an antagonist but not a villain. Placing my bet he's gonna be either for Diggle or Oliver/GA.

I'm also thinking that Richard Dragon is actually for Diggle and maybe Vigilante is for GA. Perhaps Vigilante is sort of like if GA had continued on his mission without the moderating influence of Diggle and Felicity/honoring Tommy. It could tie into the whole family/found family theme. 

• Love 2

I find the fact that Sydelle Noel's character is also called Samantha so weird! Why would they have two Samanthas? Unless maybe they wouldn't and this is just more evidence that Myson's mom doesn't make it off the island...

Just now, Trisha said:

I find the fact that Sydelle Noel's character is also called Samantha so weird! Why would they have two Samanthas? Unless maybe they wouldn't and this is just more evidence that Myson's mom doesn't make it off the island...

To be fair, her name is Samanda, not Samantha, and they've used "Ray" and "Roy" in the same season, but yeah it's weird

Just now, way2interested said:

To be fair, her name is Samanda, not Samantha, and they've used "Ray" and "Roy" in the same season, but yeah it's weird

Oh wow -- I didn't even notice that. That's what I get for just skimming her tweet! Still, it's really close. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Angel12d said:

I think Vigilante is either Dinah's dead boyfriend or E2 Oliver. Don't ask me how he ended up alive on E1. It's dumb but this is Arrow. LOL.

If the Vigilante is E2 Oliver, then I picture him being an evil version of Oliver, just like Black Siren is an evil version of Laurel. (Imagine Vampire Willow and Vampire Xander from the alternate reality on Buffy.) They reunite, but are eventually defeated or redeemed, and returned to E2 - where BS changes her name to BC, and E2 Oliver takes over as GA for his father. Voila! You have the comics pairing of GA and BC on Earth 2.

Edited by tv echo
1 minute ago, tv echo said:

If the Vigilante is E2 Oliver, then I picture him being an evil version of Oliver, just like Black Siren is an evil version of Laurel. (Imagine Vampire Willow and Vampire Xander from the alternate reality on Buffy.) They reunite, but are eventually defeated or redeemed, and returned to E2 - where BS changes her name to BC, and E2 Oliver takes over as GA for his father. Voila! You have the comics pairing of GA and BC on Earth 2.

That is just ... something I don't want to see.  And while I think an E2 version of Robert Queen is a fascinating idea for Vigilante, I also feel like all this E2 business is a bit of a cop out.  Much like magic, I don't like these alternate Earths being part of Arrow.

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, tv echo said:

And they would want that because? 

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, tv echo said:

E2 versions of the characters won't fix the anti-chemistry problem with SA and KC.

And reminding the audience of that while highlighting SA and EBR's chemistry with Olicity back together would be a horrible idea. 

• Love 6

As a sop to certain segments of the fandom, maybe? Tbc, I don't think it's likely to happen. I'm just throwing out another possibility. I certainly don't care about it.

So I guess we now know that Myson is still going to be around for the Slade two-parter in 605 and 606... ugh. 

Edited by tv echo
Just now, lemotomato said:

Did I miss something? Why would we think William is in 605/606?

TVline tease

"Slade will invite Oliver to make good on his Lian Yu promise." WM: “We have this amazing story that is going to tie in with Oliver’s dealings with his own son, as he helps Slade find Joe Wilson.” 

• Love 1
57 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

That doesn't mean William's in those episodes necessarily. Could just be a few conversations between Oliver and Slade about being a father. 

And maybe a scene with Oliver and William to end 606. 

Yeah, I'm not sure that guarantees he's in those episodes or even in episodes beyond 601. I don't rule it out but, that could just mean "talks".

I think if William is around throughout S6 it will be in very limited doses. 

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Belinea said:

How do you go from E1 to E2? Do you buy a ticket for a special plane? Why do you not go back? Is E1 the better earth? 

But E2 has Steam Punk Dirigibles and sentient gorillas!

"I will tell you, there's a sound stage that we have - that we've had since Season 1 - that we're losing due to construction around the area, and very soon it's going to become too noisy to shoot in it. So what we're doing is, we're destroying the stuff that we shoot on that sound stage, and somebody reconstructing... yes... We're writing to it." So they're doing something they normally couldn't do. MG then talked about making "lemons out of lemonade" and about how some great ideas came out of production challenges.

So which sets do you think they are blowing up?  Bunker I'm sure is safe.  The Loft?  The Police station?  The Hospital? 

IDK, I think if the storyline is trying to parallel with Oliver and his son, then I'd guess we might see William in at least one of the Slade episodes. I don't expect it to be much though.

I still have no interest in this Slade storyline tbh. Or maybe I just don't need two episodes of it.

23 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

So which sets do you think they are blowing up?  Bunker I'm sure is safe.  The Loft?  The Police station?  The Hospital? 

Please let it be the loft! I hate that set.

So MG is saying they are bringing an outside writer in for the BLM episode but this is just such a bad idea...police brutality and systemic racism are not issues to be casually visited in 42 minutes of television and especially not on this show in particular. 

Edited by leopardprint
  • Love 6
45 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

So they're basically losing a whole set? They don't have that many to begin with!

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

So they're basically losing a whole set? They don't have that many to begin with!

I got the impression they get to rebuild if they want so like if it's the police station, they first get to absolutely destroy it but they are getting a replacement soundstage so I don't thing they really are losing sets in the end.  Just rearranging maybe?  

35 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

Holy shit. They're really gonna do the Black Lives Matter episode. I feel sick.

tumblr_omhu98gC5a1tovmb9o2_500.gif

Why do they keep doing episodes/storylines that no one wants/are way out of their capabilities as writers? I wonder if Guggie secretly wants to tank the show or something. I have no hope for Diggle coming out of this very spechul episode unscathed but I hope Felicity won't be used as the writers' mouthpiece, in any way. Yikes!

• Love 5

I'm concerned for Lance and Dinah. 

If they go with sides, they need to bring in guest stars for the opposition. 

Honestly, I'm skipping this episode and I'm preparing myself to forget some character interactions.

Does MG not realize how awful it is that he has to bring in a guest writer? 

Edited by Chaser
  • Love 1
56 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

MV5BMTA3NzA0MDg0ODNeQTJeQWpwZ15BbWU4MDE1BBuU-qtCAAEfw-w.jpg

Better pictures of the guy they cast as Slade's son.  

Ok He's attractive. I approve. 

52 minutes ago, strikera0 said:

How old is Slade's son supposed to be? 

Manu is 48 in real life so if we assume Slade is similar in age, then his sons probably got to be around the 24-26 age mark? So it works I think? 

7 minutes ago, Chaser said:

I'm concerned for Lance and Dinah. 

If they go with sides, they need to bring in guest stars for the opposition. 

Honestly, I'm skipping this episode and I'm preparing myself to forget some character interactions.

That was my thought. They are going to use either Lance or Dinah to represent the police/cop point of view about the danger factor or something. 

I feel like this episode will be as successful and well recieved as Kendall Jenners Pepsi commercial.

Edited by LeighAn
  • Love 4
11 minutes ago, SleepDeprived said:

Why do they keep doing episodes/storylines that no one wants/are way out of their capabilities as writers? I wonder if Guggie secretly wants to tank the show or something. I have no hope for Diggle coming out of this very spechul episode unscathed but I hope Felicity won't be used as the writers' mouthpiece, in any way. Yikes!

It's gonna be terrible. I can feel it. In my bones. OMG they've got me talking like Laurel. That's how mad I am!

They'll probably make Felicity the "All Lives Matter" person. You know, because they already silenced the gun victim in the gun violence episode. Let's make it even worse!

I just can't believe they're doing this. Thinking they can bring in a token POC for one episode and do this subject justice? The arrogance of that man. Grrrrr.

3 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

Could you expand your thoughts?  

Its awful that he has to bring a POC in to write the episode because they don't have a diverse writing staff to begin with. 

Edited by Chaser
  • Love 15
1 minute ago, BkWurm1 said:

Could you expand your thoughts?  

I can't speak for Chaser but from my own perspective: 

Maybe that they are deciding on tackling an Africain Americain issue even though they don't have Black writers on their staff to begin with.  So they are hiring a token black writer just to achieve their mildly vanity project like episode. 

This is isn't a part of their shows culture but something they are writing to feel liberal and feel good about their social conscience and just seems very Hollywood and very like a bad and borderline insensitive idea.

AKA Kendall Jenners Pepsi commercial.

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, Chaser said:

Its awful that he has to bring a POC in to write the episode because they don't have a diverse writing staff to begin with. 

5 minutes ago, LeighAn said:

I can't speak for Chaser but from my own perspective: 

Maybe that they are deciding on tackling an Africain Americain issue even though they don't have Black writers on their staff to begin with.  So they are hiring a token black writer just to achieve their mildly vanity project like episode. 

This is isn't a part of their shows culture but something they are writing to feel liberal and feel good about their social conscience and just seems very Hollywood and very like a bad and borderline insensitive idea.

AKA Kendall Jenners Pepsi commercial.

Thanks, both of you.  I guess since we already know this is a terrible idea I prefer that he brings in someone than just push ahead completely on his own but if he's just bringing in cover to hide behind while he does what he wants or like was pointed out, the hire is only there to highlight the lack of diversity on the staff currently, not so good.   I guess the best case would be if he brings in someone with some clout or a name that might give us a bit of confidence.  Make it someone that wouldn't normally WANT to be a writer on his staff.  No clue who that would be though.  

Edited by BkWurm1
1 minute ago, Angel12d said:

It's gonna be terrible. I can feel it. In my bones. OMG they've got me talking like Laurel. That's how mad I am!

They'll probably make Felicity the "All Lives Matter" person. You know, because they already silenced the gun victim in the gun violence episode. Let's make it even worse!

I just can't believe they're doing this. Thinking they can bring in a token POC for one episode and do this subject justice? The arrogance of that man. Grrrrr.

Dear Mother of God... Take that back!!! No! Je refuse!

I was so appalled to read Guggenheim seemingly shrugging off concerns and stating (and on such a public forum as Twitter) that they'll just bring in a token POC so they can do this PSA episode. Like??! If he doesn't see the awful optics and implications of that, then he/the Arrow writers room is absolutely not equipped to do this storyline. Honestly, based on Guggie's old tweets about powder keg real-life issues, he is absolutely going to make one of the characters (probably someone beloved) his mouthpiece and it will be OOC and everything's going to be terrible. Yikes x2!

• Love 8
6 minutes ago, DrSpaceman10 said:

I'm pretty sure one of the EPs said a while back that Felicity would find out who Vigilante is first. That makes me think it's slightly more likely to do with her than the other series regulars. 

I don't recall that.  I also can't imagine who it would be connected to her.   Isn't Cooper dead?  Plus he wasn't that athletic.  Otherwise, dad's too old and mom wouldn't be caught dead in basic black without at least a six-inch heel.  And yeah, I don't think Felicity knows anyone else.  

Wasn't Pike Quentin's old partner?   

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 1
26 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

MG said his reason for not giving Felicity a POV in the gun control episode was to protect the character from backlash. Why on earth would he put her in an even worse position as an All Lives Matter mouthpiece? 

• Love 2