Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

Personally, I wouldn't find it odd for William to call Oliver "dad," especially if they're on good terms. He's 12. Kids want a dad. I can totally seem him calling the man who is his dad, "dad." Now if he's mad at Oliver, I can see him calling his father "Oliver" as a way to hurt him. 

• Love 1

Like, in Season 5, Emily and I talked about trying to make our relationship a little more adult, so to speak

I really want to believe he meant more sexy times on screen.  ;) 

• Love 4

RG joked about the negative fan reception to his character, saying: "It was great. At first, everyone was kinda like, 'I hate him.' ... 'I hate him.' So I'm like, I tell my wife, 'They hate him. Why? Like, he's cool. Like, he's a rebel. Like who does not like a rebel?' ... 'No, he's like ruining the missions.' And I'm like, 'So what? Like, he knows what he wants. That's cool.' And so that kinda saddened me. I was like, 'ah, man, we're giving them kinda like a young Wolverine and they don't like it.' ... But I think as the season progressed, they were able to understand why he did what he did. I think I won some people over. I think there's still some people I need to win over. So I think Season 6 is where I'm gonna nail it. And they'll be like, 'okay, that's my favorite.'"

A young Wolverine?  Not even close.  

And people like rebels that rebel against things they also have issues with.  He was rebelling against my favorite characters and the whole concept of team Arrow.  Of course, I didn't like him. 

• Love 17
(edited)

I don't think the issue was that he was a rebel.My issue was he was a jerk and if what he was doing was rebelling,idk what against at that point.Against being a responsible father or against people who are trying to save the city and asked him to join them is the only thing I can think of lol

Also the fact that they tried way too hard with all the newbies and especially with WD,like you could feel the desperation to make this character liked in their writing and interviews.

He did grow on me and now I'm just indifferent and open to maybe liking him next season instead of just annoyed but that was after they toned him down and he became less of a focus than in 5A.

Edited by tangerine95
  • Love 9

I don't think people were able to understand him better at some point..I think they changed their writing after the Christmas break. They wrote the same development they wrote for Roy but in a few episodes instead of a season and a half..

• Love 5
25 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

A young Wolverine?  Not even close.  

And people like rebels that rebel against things they also have issues with.  He was rebelling against my favorite characters and the whole concept of team Arrow.  Of course, I didn't like him. 

I can see it. In the comics Wolverine has some good points but he can also be a major dick. He's the type that doesn't follow rules, does his own thing, goes off on his own, tells people to fuck off just because he's in a bad mood. I used to like Wolverine and, his solo title in the late 90s was really well written but, there are similarities to Rene, IMO.

On where Olicity's headed this season (assuming Felicity survives), MG: "I'm going to give a very unsatisfying answer to the Olicity fans, which is - you know, we sort of set Oliver and Felicity on a certain trajectory, starting with 520, and we saw a little bit of it in 523, and we're just, you know - we're continuing it. Uh, I will say that the events of the finale did throw a little bit of a wrench into, you know - into their slow rekindling of their relationship." When interviewer asked if it threw a wrench into their plans to immediately go get dinner after, MG: "Yeah, that clearly did not happen. You know, island blew up and then, you know, 'oh, let's grab some food,' you know, 'we're in the South China Sea, maybe get some good Chinese food.' Didn't happen."

Sure it would be great if he confirmed when the wedding is happening but telling me the show will continue in a positive direction with Olicity is very satisfying.  I can be mollified with very little.  Just give me vaguely positive and I'm good for a long time.  

1 minute ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I can see it. In the comics Wolverine has some good points but he can also be a major dick. He's the type that doesn't follow rules, does his own thing, goes off on his own, tells people to fuck off just because he's in a bad mood. I used to like Wolverine and, his solo title in the late 90s was really well written but, there are similarities to Rene, IMO.

Ah, well, I don't know the comics.  I do know that Rene is no young Hugh Jackman.  

• Love 2

I don't know about the bad dad thing. Oliver is a terrible mayor but the show/EPs seem to think he is a good mayor so maybe they will think they are writing a bad dad but he's like really not that bad  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. I mean I would think he's a bad parent if he isn't spending most of his extra time not at the mayor's office with his traumatized child. 

10 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

Ah, well, I don't know the comics.  I do know that Rene is no young Hugh Jackman.  

You should have heard me when he was cast. WTF?! That's not Wolverine! Wolverine is a 5'3, 300 lb, hairy Canuck. Not some hot 6' Ausi!

Don't get me wrong I love Jackman and he did a great job in the role but, yeah seeing Jackman and reading X-Men comics can be quite entertaining.

• Love 1
18 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

I really want to believe he meant more sexy times on screen.  ;) 

Yeah.  But he probably meant those emotionally distant conversations.  :-(

18 hours ago, tangerine95 said:

I don't think the issue was that he was a rebel.My issue was he was a jerk and if what he was doing was rebelling,idk what against at that point.Against being a responsible father or against people who are trying to save the city and asked him to join them is the only thing I can think of lol

Also the fact that they tried way too hard with all the newbies and especially with WD,like you could feel the desperation to make this character liked in their writing and interviews

They hit so many wrong notes in writing him. He was a Rebel Without A Cause for no reason, and disrespectful to the characters we watch the show for, which didn't endear him to me at all.  Then when they finally gave him a cause in The Way of the Gun, it just made him look worse because he would rather wear a hockey mask and shoot guns than get his daughter back.  It wasn't until they made him a background character with Lance rather than their star newbie that he became tolerable.

RG didn't help his cause by dismissing Felicity/EBR in interviews.

I'd still be in favour of replacing him with another new team member.

• Love 7
(edited)

To be honest, Dinah, Curtis and Rene could all just disappear from the show with no explanation and I probably wouldn't notice for several episodes (like Diggle's missing limb ?) 

Edited by leopardprint
  • Love 16

I'd notice Dinah missing and dislike it.  I'd also notice Curtis and Rene missing, but be a bit relieved.  I like Dinah, but Curtis strikes me as a Felicity Jr while Rene is Diggle Jr with a temper.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, johntfs said:

while Rene is Diggle Jr with a temper.

Pft.  You give him too much credit.  He could only wish to be worthy of being called Diggle Jr. with a temper.  

• Love 7

According to pursuit23's twitter feed Willa came in to shoot a couple of hospital scenes and hasn't been seen since.  Coma? I wonder if she's on limited episode count again.

Sorry, can't link on mobile.

Remember that pursuit also swore till he was blue in the face that Emily didn't film at the Queen Mansion during the 100 when she did. So it could mean something could mean nothing.

Michael Emerson teeeted 

Trying not to read to much into the "think". You had better of locked that down Berlanti! 

• Love 3

Recapping KPs twitter:

WH filmed some hospital scenes and hasn't been back since. He says it's another limited episode season.

SA, DR and JH filmed today.

KC has more days with her cat than worked this episode.

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, Chaser said:

Recapping KPs twitter:

WH filmed some hospital scenes and hasn't been back since. He says it's another limited episode season.

SA, DR and JH filmed today.

KC has more days with her cat than worked this episode.

It makes sense that Katie wouldn't be filming as Black Siren won't be needed for every Ep being a villian. They are going to want to mix it up with other Votw.

Im hoping that they aren't putting Thea in a coma just so they have an excuse not to use Willa every episode. So hopefully she appears for filming later in the week or the writers have a much better story reason why she isn't in every Ep haha.

1 hour ago, LeighAn said:

Remember that pursuit also swore till he was blue in the face that Emily didn't film at the Queen Mansion during the 100 when she did. So it could mean something could mean nothing.

Michael Emerson teeeted 

Trying not to read to much into the "think". You had better of locked that down Berlanti! 

WM was quick to reassure the cast that it was a done deal and no matter how much they freaked out in excitement, they couldn't scare him off (or rather ME couldn't go anywhere even if they did)

58 minutes ago, LeighAn said:

Im hoping that they aren't putting Thea in a coma just so they have an excuse not to use Willa every episode. So hopefully she appears for filming later in the week or the writers have a much better story reason why she isn't in every Ep haha.

Hospital scenes could mean Thea visiting someone as well.   Call it denial or hope, comes down to the same thing.  Sigh.  

• Love 1

I really hope if Willa's episode count is still reduced that they handle better than they did this year. I'd actually take another coma(stupid as it would be) over 'Your beloved brother has been kidnapped and tortured by a supervillian/someone he previously trusted.' 'Cool, I'm super busy here in wherever but I'll call in a few days.' 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, LeighAn said:

While I don't want Thea in a coma, I'd rather they use that as an excuse for her absence than do what they did last year when they had her out of town and apparently unable to come back to see how her brother was doing after a week of torture because ... of no explanation ever given on-screen?

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, leopardprint said:

Maybe Slade saves Thea to head off any angst about him killing her mother and Oliver working with him. 

That might be enough for Oliver, but I think Thea would still be pissed.  

2 minutes ago, calliope1975 said:

Wasn't Thea also at a Mayor's conference or something similarly lame at one point?

1 minute ago, apinknightmare said:

Yes, when Fake!Laurel came around.

That was when she apparently went from half-hugging Felicity after Billy's death straight to the airport because she was out of town the next day. They did not think that through with the lack of a time jump between 509 and 510. 

It's things like that and not returning when Oliver was tortured that make a coma to explain an absence not seem so bad.

Although since she's no longer in the mayor's office and if they don't have her suit up again (at least not full-time), it would be pretty easy to just not have her apppear in an episode without needing her to be out of town/in a coma. 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, leopardprint said:

Has anyone WH or EPs said anything about Thea's storyline? Even something vague?

Didn't WH mostly talk about what she missed about filming in the bunker and what she wished or hoped for her character?   I know I was surprised that she said she wished Thea would be nicer to Wilddog.  Thea shutting down his unwanted flirting was a high point for me.  She also mentioned wanting Thea to remain a strong independent character.  

• Love 1
(edited)
2 minutes ago, wonderwall said:

They haven't talked about anyone's storyline except for Oliver's lol

They've talked about Dinah's specifically and Diggle's vaguely. Olicity also vaguely. 

Edited by leopardprint
  • Love 1
(edited)

-- On what she wants to explore with Thea moving forward (assuming she survives), WH: "The only thing that I love about Thea is how strong and independent she's always been, so I'd really like to keep on that trajectory with her... You know, I can't have anything other than hopes of that without saying anything that could potentially spoil something. Or I might be dead, so who knows." (SDCC, Jul. 22, 2017: IGN video of interview with SA, DR and WH, page 4 of New Spoilers thread)
-- WH: "My favorite part about [Thea] has always been her independent strength, um, so I just hope she keeps up that." (SDCC, Jul. 22, 2017: Video of red carpet Arrow cast interviews in Jul. 26, 2017 TV Guide article, page 4 of New Spoilers thread)
-- WH: "I love Rick [Gonzalez], so I wish Thea would be a little nicer to him... Did she have to be so mean, it's kind of really rude. That one, hopefully in season 6, who knows. Who knows who's around? Who knows anything! My hope for season six is that Thea would be nicer to his character." (SDCC, Jul. 22, 2017: Jul. 24, 2017 TooFab article, page 4 of New Spoilers thread)
-- On whether there is anyone she hopes for Thea to have more scenes with or she wishes in the past Thea had been able to have more of a relationship with, WH: "I'd always hoped that she'd be a lot nicer to Rick Gonzalez's character. Um, that's something that I really want to happen. Um, and more Felicity time. More hanging out with Echo and David. I mean, I miss everybody in the bunker, totally. It's not like I don't want to be down there. Just circumstance really. Things happened, you know, it makes sense here and there, blah blah blah. So, um, who knows. Who knows what's going on. Again, [unintelligible words] when it comes to Season 6. Can't allude to any future things. Just hopes and dreams." (SDCC, Jul. 22, 2017: ShowbizJunkies video of press roundtable interview with WH, page 4 of New Spoilers thread)
-- Fan report of what WH said: "WH was asked about Theas relationship with Malcolm and it didn't sound like the interviewer knew Malcolm was dead. She misses the bunker, working with the other actors. There was kind of a pause there and I was reminded about the rumors of problems leading to an episode cut." and "The question was who do you want more scenes with future or wanted more in the past. She mentioned Felicity than EK then DR, then said she missed being down in the bunker working with everyone." (SDCC, Jul. 22, 2017: Chaser posts, pages 1568 and 1569 of Spoiler Discussion thread)

This is everything from TVEcho's archive for Thea.

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, wonderwall said:

We rarely ever get them because she spends most of her time filming in studio

Plus, I imagine that they'll be avoiding shots from filming until after the premiere since they seem hung up on not revealing who lived and who didn't. I saw a mention on Twitter of SA saying that a co-starof his was there when he was shooting the Instagram live video I couldn't find and that he couldn't (wouldn't?) show them.

• Love 1

WM keeps talking about real consequences for the island blowing up.  I figure Thea got the short straw -- she's not currently suiting up and she's not Diggle or Felicity who are too valuable to be laid up in a coma.

On the List Of Things I Don't Want To See in s6:  Thea being nicer to Rene.  Poor WH must be getting desperate for something for Thea to do.

• Love 4
(edited)

I haven't been on board the Samantha is dead train but with a title like that, I could be persuaded.  Maybe someone challenges Oliver's parental rights or that he's formalizing them.   Or it could just be that at the beginning of the episode they are talking about pulling her plug while she's in a coma( a choice the next of kin would have to make) only for her to wake up.  

Please be the later.

i refuse to believe it has anything to do with Thea.

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 4

My two cents: Thea won't die even if they cut WH. I don't think she will be in a coma, but she may be injured. That would work to manage her schedule. I can also see them doing a checklist with the characters: 1 Dies (Samantha/Nyssa?), 1 is injured (Thea) and one is emotionally traumatized (Diggle). Fyi- KP said they have two more days on Ep 2 and WH doesn't film on either day. 

KC: I think she will be used sparingly during 6A. Mostly to set up a big confrontation with BC in 6B. I'm 50/50 on whether she appears in the big crossover. I can see them writing a 30 sec scene just to say she was there.

12 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I absolutely missed it. Where did this come from?

Same.

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, Chaser said:

KC: I think she will be used sparingly during 6A. Mostly to set up a big confrontation with BC in 6B. I'm 50/50 on whether she appears in the big crossover. I can see them writing a 30 sec scene just to say she was there.

I expect to see BS in the crossover in some capacity just so they can have Sara meet BS. Maybe they'll have Sara end up knocking her out too, just like Lance did in the finale. 

• Love 2