Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, BkWurm1 said:

I guess I'm not surprised at how little new info we got.  We all knew that ridiculous we blew everybody up ending was going to get in the way this year.  Still, we had some really great cast interaction and nothing I'd consider that negative spoiler wise has come out.   I may or may not love Myson ( I actually liked April on Gilmore Girls if I ignored how they used her to blow up the relationship) but there is SOOOOOO much worse they could throw at my screen and they did just last year so yeah, I'm still feeling pretty happy about everything coming up for season 6.  

Dude do not challenge them to do worse!!!!!! They might just take you up on it ?

I'm slightly dreading Myson and his screentime. Him and Curtis but Curtis is a bigger thorn since I think he might tread on Felicity's storylines.

Will keep hoping they get rid of Curtis!

• Love 1

I think Curtis could go back to being fine if they put them both at Smoak Tech and keep him away from stepping on toes in the Bunker.  He'd be back to being HER supporting character.  

As for Myson, I think he's going to have heavier screen time in the first episode because they will be trying to drag out who is alive and who is dead at first so that only leaves Oliver and the kid to fill the screen at first.  But after that, I'm sure it won't be as much.    

• Love 1

It's not no more Oliver flashbacks, it's no more continuous five years away, mostly linear flashbacks. They said they'd still use them as necessary and they won't all or even mostly be Oliver's. It doesn't mean no Oliver flashbacks ever.

5 hours ago, LeighAn said:

TBH I tend to agree. With Marc saying that they wanted to create a "family of villains" to take on the found family of Team Arrow as the season long big bad I think Katie/Black Siren is just one of the parts in the cog of group Big Bad. 

Well it did work for LOT. But yes it doesn't suggest KC's going to have a big role this season.

• Love 2
12 hours ago, Mellowyellow said:

Are the other interviews less silly or are they all nonsense? Just checking before I watch. 

Silliness is sometimes subjective. Yes, there's a lot of silliness in the EBR/EK interviews and, as someone upthread said, the KSiteTV interview probably has the most serious content. There's also some silliness in the Arrow cast group interviews. And I find some serious answers given seriously by some cast members/producers to be silly.

• Love 4
(edited)

From Clevver News videos of FULL Arrow panel (in two parts, posted in New Spoilers thread) - only one additional spoiler transcription...

-- MG: "Um, you're going to still see flashbacks. It won't be in every episode. And they won't be serialized. They'll be character-specific. Um, I'll give you one example. Um, we are - mainly because I've been trying to figure out the right opportunity to make this announcement - but, as you saw in the trailer, Manu Bennett is back for the season premiere. Um, but he's also coming back for a special two-part episode, uh, in the first half of the season, where we're really going to be - you know, really focusing hard on his character, you know, post everything he's experienced on the show. Um, and we intend to do a Slade Wilson flashback story. As part of that - as part of that event." 

ETA: I think this Slade two-parter will be 605 and 606.

Edited by tv echo

Just posted KSiteTV video of press roundtable interview with MG in the New Spoilers thread (also posted transcriptions there).

Will also later post KSiteTV videos of press roundtable interviews with SA and DR in the New Spoilers thread (with transcriptions posted there).

• Love 1

Slade having a two-parter centered around him makes me think he'll fall more into the villain category this year. I believe they already announced which two episodes will be a two-parter, but I can't remember which,

7 minutes ago, bijoux said:

I believe they already announced which two episodes will be a two-parter, but I can't remember which,

Pretty sure it was 605 and 606, which I think SA and DR said they were also excited for those two episodes specifically back at the the last con, so that does make me interested.

• Love 2
21 minutes ago, Chaser said:

I feel like Raisa was a running joke that got mistaken for a fan favorite.

Was it a joke? I could never tell, it always seemed that people were obsessed with the character and, I never got why.

• Love 1
(edited)
4 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Was it a joke? I could never tell, it always seemed that people were obsessed with the character and, I never got why.

Raisa was a dropped plot point that people wanted resolved.  I think her vanishing became symbolic of the show's other problems with continuity.  Plus she's handy for fan fics.  

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 2

My theory is that she and Walter were the only people nice to Oliver without expecting anything from him in the pilot. Then, she grew in fics. Her importance is due to fandom, not her onscreen appearance.

• Love 12
4 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

Plus she's handy for fan fics.  

I have to be honest, I think it's more this than anything else. They add her into fanfic, she becomes this fandom character, they don't care about the Pilot character they care about the one they created.

• Love 4
(edited)
9 minutes ago, bijoux said:

Then, she grew in fics. Her importance is due to fandom, not her onscreen appearance.

This.  I only know her name because of fanfics.  I remembered her role in the pilot and wondered why we never saw her again but the seeds planted then, were grown in fan fics.  She gets to show a relaxed/behind the persona Oliver in the present  and can offer insight to what good qualities he had in the past as "Ollie" AND be one of the few characters that you felt you could trust not to have an agenda, so when she shared an opinion (like Felicity being a good fit or liking how Oliver's smile lights up around her) as a reader, I usually found it credible.  Once the Mansion blew up, she really didn't fit anymore but everyone seems to love setting fics in season two when Raisa would be around.  

3 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I have to be honest, I think it's more this than anything else. They add her into fanfic, she becomes this fandom character, they don't care about the Pilot character they care about the one they created.

I tend to think though that her pilot episode character is the character met in most every fan fic I've read with her in it.  It's a fairly simplistic characterization so so far, I've never read an OOC Raisa.  

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 2
35 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

I tend to think though that her pilot episode character is the character met in most every fan fic I've read with her in it.  It's a fairly simplistic characterization so so far, I've never read an OOC Raisa.  

Replying in fanfic thread.

1 hour ago, Chaser said:

I feel like Raisa was a running joke that got mistaken for a fan favorite.

Is she? By whom? The only time I really come across her is in fics as this kindly housekeeper, which is all we got from the pilot. I do hope they use her well and more than just a nanny for William. It would be interesting to find out if she had any Bratva connections.

14 minutes ago, Chaser said:

SA is being so careful with Olicity. 

How so? In terms of spoilers?

• Love 2

I'm happy to see I'm not the only that doesn't care about Raisa. For me Raisa & Tommy were nothing special, and only elevated after they were gone. lol

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

Is she? By whom? The only time I really come across her is in fics as this kindly housekeeper, which is all we got from the pilot. I do hope they use her well and more than just a nanny for William. It would be interesting to find out if she had any Bratva connections.

It would be interesting and is far from impossible considering Anatoly's return being confirmed. Honestly, I think she'll be used for babysitting duties primarily, but one can hope.

I don't think Raina's a fan favorite in the traditional sense. I think it started more as "Hey remember that one character? Whatever happened to her?" And then Fan fic happened. I don't think the general viewer would even remember her.

SA is being very cautious with all spoilers but when asked about Olicity it looks like it's physically difficult for him not to tease anything.

• Love 3
(edited)

FYI - if you're only interested in spoilers and don't want to watch all the videos, I've updated ADDENDUM #2 in the Season 6 Spoiler Archive thread with all the latest SDCC spoilers.*

(* Incidentally, if anyone finds any errors in the Spoiler Archive thread, please let me know. It would be much appreciated.)

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 3

What I remember that was unique about Raisa was that when Oliver returned, she was the only person who was unconditionally supportive of him.  And she told him he had a good heart.

Other characters wanted him to be the person he used to be and could never be again (Tommy) or who had expectations of him (Moira, Thea who wanted him to talk to her), who were awkward strangers (e.g. Walter) or who were angry at him (Laurel).  Raisa was the only one who believed that Oliver was good enough just as he was when he didn't believe it himself.  So as  a character, she acquired a power greater than the amount of time she was actually on the show.

Now of course I want her to come and take William offscreen and babysit him.  As awkward as it would be to have Olicitots on the show, William is uchworse.

5 hours ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

I do hope they use her well and more than just a nanny for William. It would be interesting to find out if she had any Bratva connections.

That would be kind of awesome since Anatoli is back.

15 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

I'm not thinking of her building things like the battery or the T-Spheres, but yeah, computers chips are completely in her previously shown wheelhouse.  She's the one that rebuilt the crucial chip for Ray's suit.  I think it was fine that Curtis did it without her since I think there's an argument that could be made that when she was in the wheelchair, she wasn't in the right headspace to try and come up with the chip (since she was moving forward and not looking back) but in the future,  I do want to see her being allowed to create things still.  

If the show is too nervous about going to any kind of techy stuff, let her write code to run one of Curtis's gadgets or just some fancy software to sell.  But let it be something tangible, not just having her be in charge, because I think the character was shown to be capable of doing so, so I want to see that as a part of what she builds in her company.  

[snip]

I really think they weren't allowed to say anything.  I've never seen SA look so flustered and red faced in interviews, even when it was other cast members answering questions.  He looked like he'd been put in charge of making sure no one gave out any info and looked like he was about to hyperventilate anytime answers veered off into anything remotely spoilery.   I suspect both he and DR got just reamed for their comments at recent cons.  DR wouldn't even say a word in most of those group interviews.    In the group interviews, the joking around to distract from giving any real answers seemed encouraged by both WM and MG.  So I can see how that mind set would transfer over to the one on one interviews as well. 

I feel bad thinking that SA and DR got reamed for giving away too much info. They're soooo much better about social media than MG is.  (And yet they still managed talking points in the irtable interviews.)

Good point about Felicity fixing the chip for Ray's suit.  This show has always had too many balls in the air and been bad at managing them.

• Love 4
21 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

What I remember that was unique about Raisa was that when Oliver returned, she was the only person who was unconditionally supportive of him.  And she told him he had a good heart.

Other characters wanted him to be the person he used to be and could never be again (Tommy) or who had expectations of him (Moira, Thea who wanted him to talk to her), who were awkward strangers (e.g. Walter) or who were angry at him (Laurel).  Raisa was the only one who believed that Oliver was good enough just as he was when he didn't believe it himself.  So as  a character, she acquired a power greater than the amount of time she was actually on the show.

Yes, exactly. I don't read Arrow fanfic, but this is the reason I liked Raisa the little amount she was actually on. She seemed to love Oliver for who he was and who she seemed to know/believe he had always been.

I find it amusing that even EBR slipped up about the wedding. 

SA seems to be easy to read when it comes to Olicity but I'm surprised EBR gave it away. 

I'm bracing myself for a season of constantly wanting to murder Curtis. Please do not let him overtake Felicity's stories. He is the worst!

• Love 2

I think MG's "wrench" comment will just explain why Felicity and Oliver haven't made as much progress in their relationship as we'd expect them to in 6 months. If they didn't take things slow, they'd probably have gotten married over the summer instead of living in separate apartments.

• Love 11
8 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

I think MG's "wrench" comment will just explain why Felicity and Oliver haven't made as much progress in their relationship as we'd expect them to in 6 months. If they didn't take things slow, they'd probably have gotten married over the summer instead of living in separate apartments.

Agreed.

I think it's also important to seperate what Marc said to conjecture made by the writer and imo there was a lot. 

For instance I don't think William is going to be presented as "too much baggage" for Felicity- I see you Russ! But like you said they will explain why Felicity and Oliver haven't gotten married in the 5-6 months between the finale and premiere as being to focus on William get over or support any injuries Felicity or the rest of the team got from the explosion, mourn whoever died etc.

Stephen has said that Olicity are in a terrific place in season 6 so that's all I need to know.

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

I'm looking forward to seeing them try to date and some hijinks around that. It'll be cute since we missed out on it in the past. 

I would enjoy this as well but I don't have high expectations of them dating on screen while William is around because I don't see them wanting to spend so much time on "emotional" storylines. Maybe a few scenes of Oliver trying to parent and mayor and Arrow and Olicity and he gets overwhelmed and hands the kid off to Raisa in offscreenland. 

1 minute ago, leopardprint said:

I would enjoy this as well but I don't have high expectations of them dating on screen while William is around because I don't see them wanting to spend so much time on "emotional" storylines. Maybe a few scenes of Oliver trying to parent and mayor and Arrow and Olicity and he gets overwhelmed and hands the kid off to Raisa in offscreenland. 

They like to inject a bit of humour now and then though so I can see there being a good chance of Olicity hijinks as they try to date/ have sex but are constantly foiled.

• Love 2

I wonder if MG is thinking he can pull off an end-of-premiere surprise that hints at "Yep, wedding coming, what you knew because of the cons over the summer? We thought we were being so sly! We were so focused on pretending everyone was dead!" (Maybe like how they thought they'd shock everyone at the end of the premiere with Felicity's BF, but by then, everyone already knew?) 

I remember people thought Tinah was going to take away all the screen time for the other characters too and Felicity wasn't going to get a story line and Tinah would spend all her time flirting with Oliver and becoming his new love interest ...but then she didn't. 

I dare say or predict we will all find ourselves surprised by how little time William will actually take up on screen much like Dinah. 

• Love 3

It makes me laugh how some of these articles seem to think Felicity has a problem with William. It's like they've retconned what happened in their own heads. Haha. Also, this doesn't really add up with SA saying O/F are in a "tremendous place." So...whatever.

I actually don't have much of an issue with what is being said? I expected Olicity to be taking it slow while Oliver figures out how to be a father for a few episodes, especially if Samantha is dead and William is struggling. I can see there being an awareness that O/F want to be together but they put William first for a while. I'm okay with that. 

I just hope we get to see some O/F scenes. There's taking it slow and ignoring them altogether. I hope it's not the latter again. :)

Not everyone -- even somebody as loving as Felicity -- is eager to jump into a complicated, baggage-filled relationship with a single dad and his eleven-year-old.

For Burlingame, this is huge progress.

MG thinking that his answer is unsatisfying to Olicity fans proves he still can't read the fandom.

• Love 1
(edited)

Felicity has already said on the show (twice) that she doesn't care that Oliver has a child, just that he kept it a secret from her...

From 408:
Felicity: "God, Oliver, you are the only person on this planet who considers the truth complicated. Just to be clear, I don't care that you have a child. I can't believe that you have a child that you didn't tell me about. I care that you lied to me just now."

From 415:
Felicity: "God, Oliver, you're the only person on the planet that considers the truth complicated. Just to be clear, I don't care that you have a child. I can't believe that you have a child that you didn't tell me about. What does it say about our relationship if your first instinct is to always hide the truth?"

ETA: Just posted some more SDCC interviews (WM, KC, WH, SA, with transcriptions) in the New Spoilers thread.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2
45 minutes ago, tv echo said:

Felicity has already said on the show (twice) that she doesn't care that Oliver has a child, just that he kept it a secret from her...

From 408:
Felicity: "God, Oliver, you are the only person on this planet who considers the truth complicated. Just to be clear, I don't care that you have a child. I can't believe that you have a child that you didn't tell me about. I care that you lied to me just now."

From 415:
Felicity: "God, Oliver, you're the only person on the planet that considers the truth complicated. Just to be clear, I don't care that you have a child. I can't believe that you have a child that you didn't tell me about. What does it say about our relationship if your first instinct is to always hide the truth?"

ETA: Just posted some more SDCC interviews (WM, KC, WH, SA, with transcriptions) in the New Spoilers thread.

Also in 5x23 she told Samantha she wasn't supportive of Olivers decision to send Samantha and William a way. Something like she says to Samantha "That wouldn't have been my call"

• Love 2
(edited)

^^^ Forgot about that one. Thanks! ...

From 523:
Samantha: "I'm not leaving William behind."
Felicity: "Oliver will bring him back."
Samantha: "I know. But I can't abandon my son."
Felicity: "You know, for what it's worth, I wasn't in favor of sending William away. Not that I was consulted."
Samantha: "Is that why you two broke up? I'm sorry, I just - I saw that you're not wearing your engagement ring. You know."
Felicity: "Yeah. No, it was just - it's complicated."
Samantha: "I saw that kiss you gave him. It doesn't seem that complicated to me."

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 3

And (sorry for adding to the list, but I do love pulling evidence) in 520's flashback, Curtis thought that they broke up because of Oliver's kid but Felicity corrected him and said it was what William represented (him not being able to trust her although it was really him not being able to trust himself).

• Love 4

Anyway to tell if Oliver/William are in the Loft or separate apartment in the trailer?

I'm wondering if that's the 601 opening? Normally the new season opens with Oliver running. 

Will he be running through the apartment to William and then return to bed and surprise Felicity is there? 

• Love 1
(edited)

^^^ From 520:
Curtis: "Look, I know that he hurt you by not telling you about his son, but -"
Felicity: "Look. It's not about William. It's about what William represents."
Curtis: "Oliver having sex with another woman?"
Felicity: "No. But thank you for that visual. William is symptomatic of a larger problem between Oliver and I."
Curtis: "That being?"
Felicity: "Oliver doesn't trust me."
Curtis: "Right. The man who has put his life in your hands a couple thousand times?"
Felicity: "Trusting me as Overwatch is one thing, but we're talking about his son, Curtis. His child. Oliver doesn't trust me enough to share important information and crucial information with me. What's the point of being in a relationship at all?"

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 4

I was thinking it could start with him running on the island and then go to present time with William.

I'm wondering who they keep in suspense. I'm assuming we will see some characters in flashbacks until the very end. Then ones and ones dead or something.