Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

3 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I still see it as a parallel to Oliver working with Malcolm Merlyn in s3.  None of his team thought he should but he didn't see a way of winning without Merlyn's help.

Same as Felicity know Curts and Diggle don't approve but she thinks Helix's help is necessary to defeat Chase.

(I can't remember when I've been this excited for an episode.)

This is definitely the closest comparison except as far as we know Helix hasn't committed mass murder, tried to kill Felicity, killed Felicity's dad, and brainwashed her sister. ?:p

But at least Felicity is going to get to call Oliver a hypocrite and I am so here for that. Is it too much to ask she gets a few "thundering idiots" in there? 

• Love 1

Arrow didn't show us Felicity actively and deliberately keeping information from the team. They've shown us Felicity actively and deliberately keeping information from Oliver. That's the focus of these next 2 episodes and that's where we will get the resolution. What trust means for both Oliver and Felicity, within the team and within their relationship.

One thing they will be doing in 520 that they haven't done all season (apart from sex) is talk. Talk about them. Every recent decision they both have taken that lead them to hold information from the other came out of fear. As soon as they talk and face their fears together, there is really nothing keeping them apart.

• Love 8
11 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

It seems as if - based on what we've seen so far - Oliver did actually take her stance on partnership to heart (to the extent that he can given their current relationship - seems he's applying it in general at this point, since he and Felicity are no longer in a romantic partnership), and at least once has tried to remind her of that. So IDK - regardless of what WM said, it doesn't seem like what Felicity told him about partnership is going to be unimportant, but that she's going to need reminding of why she thought that and why she was right. It seems like ultimately the lesson is going to be that they have to work together and lean on each other - I really don't think Felicity's going to be like, "okay, I understand why you did this, let's keep things from each other from now on!" 

Yeah, I feel the lesson that Felicity will learn was that she had it right the first time around, lol.  

But she might take a deeper understanding of the LURE of going it alone and how it's a hard habit to resist. So not that she shouldn't have been upset or broken up with Oliver but that she now finds it easier to trust Oliver again and put what happened in their past more than she thought she'd be able to do.  

I think more than anything, 520 will show each of them how much they need each other.  

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 12
6 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

It seems as if - based on what we've seen so far - Oliver did actually take her stance on partnership to heart (to the extent that he can given their current relationship - seems he's applying it in general at this point, since he and Felicity are no longer in a romantic partnership), and at least once has tried to remind her of that. So IDK - regardless of what WM said, it doesn't seem like what Felicity told him about partnership is going to be unimportant, but that she's going to need reminding of why she thought that and why she was right. It seems like ultimately the lesson is going to be that they have to work together and lean on each other - I really don't think Felicity's going to be like, "okay, I understand why you did this, let's keep things from each other from now on!" 

Except when he went to the Bratva without and against the team.

What Wendy said is that what Felicity is experiencing will make her reframe everything that happened in season 4..her POV last year was that what she needed in a marriage was for her partner to lean on her when things got difficult and not to keep things from her to solve them on his own. So if she needs to reframe that taking into consideration that she didn't lean on people either this year what do we get? In that way I'm saying I wouldn't want what she said to become unimportant. Or I should have said not as important as it should me imo, not that important in comparison to last season.

Like I said in a earlier post though it's Wendy, so we will have to see how it translates on screen.

• Love 5

Here's a theory. Helix and Felicity is now on Argus' radar. Lyla has to go after Felicity now. Oliver and Diggle go in to get her out first. It would set up conflict between Diggle and Lyla in the next episode.

Edited by Chaser
  • Love 4
5 minutes ago, Chaser said:

Here's a theory. Helix and Felicity is now on Argus' radar. Lyla has to go after Felicity now. Oliver and Diggle go in to get her out first. It would set up conflict between Diggle and Lyla in the next episode.

I wondered about that yesterday. Lyla wants to do the ARGUS equivalent of arresting her or something and of course Diggle won't like that because Felicity is their friend. It'd make the Dyla conflict less out of nowhere and more organic, too.

Edited by Guest

And also the line in the trailer about an "old friend becomes a new threat" or something. That might describe Lyla tbh.

1 hour ago, BkWurm1 said:

I think more than anything, 520 will show each of them how much they need each other.  

So cliff-hanger at the end of the episode trapping them for next week's forced talk?

• Love 1
2 hours ago, apinknightmare said:

I really don't think Felicity's going to be like, "okay, I understand why you did this, let's keep things from each other from now on!" 

Same thought to be honest, my impression is people are genuinely concerned or believe the conversation is going to go something along the lines of this: 

Oliver: "Don't you see you lied to me about Helix like I lied to you about Willam- me lying to you was the right thing to do"

Felicity: "You're right. I see that now. Lying was the right thing. I'm grateful you kept Willam from me and I'm sorry  I walked away from you. Can you ever forgive me?" 

Oliver: "Of course- you're one of my best friends afterall"

Which okay the writers aren't always the greatest but ignoring Wendys interviews, I just don't buy that that's really the outcome the writers are going for as in show that's not something they've even been close to setting up as a natural resolution of Olicitys relationship woes. 

• Love 1

I thought it showed where Chase was, and it turned out that he was hiding in the bunker and as soon as they found that out, he blew it up.

Felicity is going to be really pissed off that he blew up her babies.

6 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I thought it showed where Chase was, and it turned out that he was hiding in the bunker and as soon as they found that out, he blew it up.

Felicity is going to be really pissed off that he blew up her babies.

No, she said it is working, and she said he is here and then it blew up......the tailor for the next ep.....Felicity said the key was and EFP, and that she was paralyzed.

So, are Diggle & Lyla breaking up?  Is Lyla leaving ARGUS?  I don't see how a discussion is going to work out their issues.  As long as Lyla is head of ARGUS it seems like she would be making questionable choices.  The actress is a regular on another show.  Also, if Arrow remains a gritty, grounded show is there going to be a continuous need for ARGUS on the show?  They helped with nuclear missiles & mirakuru soldiers.  IIRC, ARGUS came in with the Suicide Squad episodes.  I just wonder if they have run their course. 

I don't know if they'll break up but it definitely doesn't seem like something that can be resolved in one episode. So it looks like Dyla problems might continue into s6 tbh.

Edited by Guest
4 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

I don't know if they'll break up but it definitely doesn't seem like something that can be resolved in one episode. So it looks like Dyla problems might continue into s6 tbh.

Maybe they'll decide that Dig needs to come work with her more closely to help her not lose her soul? Put him on the payroll as a sounding board or consultant.  So she wouldn't be all alone at the top?  Or she backs off the leadership role at Argus.  Even though they actress is a regular on another show, they managed to handle it this season so I don't know why next season would be so impossible.  

I will say there was a bit of a negative vibe toward women in positions of power in this episode.  Maybe Dig should just get over it.  

• Love 5
Just now, Trisha said:

Wasn't Susan supposed to be in this one? I thought 519 was the last time she was spotted on set. Does this mean she's done? *crosses fingers*

Could her part presumably as a reporter have been cut?  So, so sad if that's that case.  ;)

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, Trisha said:

Wasn't Susan supposed to be in this one? I thought 519 was the last time she was spotted on set. Does this mean she's done? *crosses fingers*

I'm thinking she was just on set to shoot a scene for a previous episode at the time? She has to be done. There's no reason to bring her back at this point. 

• Love 1

RE: Oliver & Felicity...Felicity thinks Oliver doesn't trust her.  She said as much in tonight's episode.  The show has never really shown that.  It often shows the opposite.  I think he's more afraid of losing her or even destroying her (knocking her off the pedestal he has her on).  He's overprotective. He also thinks he's a monster so he might think she'd run if she knew everything about him.   It'll be interesting to see if Barry telling him in the original timeline that she left him gets mentioned next week.      

9 minutes ago, Trisha said:

After the breakup scene in 5.18 I wondered if she came back during 5.19 shooting to re-shoot the 2nd half of the scene.  There seemed to be a funny tonal shift from the greeting to the "apologies" break up. 

Re: Dinah...I am thinking Vigilante is her thought-to-be-dead partner/lover.

They could move Diggle to ARGUS.  It would free up the GA's main fighting partner/confidant for BC. <eyeroll> After reading EK's Digital Spy interview about successfully replacing fan favorites with a new rag-tag team my mind has gone to unpleasant places. 

Edited by Sunshine
6 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

Could her part presumably as a reporter have been cut?  So, so sad if that's that case.  ;)

She must've left town since she wasn't at the press scrum for the Chase reveal. A great reporter like her would never have missed such a scoop!

• Love 13

I wonder if Oliver is afraid that if Felicity follows his path, she may turn into a monster like him and he wants to protect her from that.  Or maybe becoming like Lyla.

Carly Pope may have been filming a  scene for a future episode where Susan writes a column to convince everyone how great the Green Arrow is so he can still be the GA next season.

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

It'll be interesting to see if Barry telling him in the original timeline that she left him gets mentioned next week.      

Stupid Larry! Just because Felicity walked away from Oliver doesn't mean she left him. Maybe she just needed some air! Clearly, that scene still makes me grrrrrrr. 

I hope we're done with Sues. I'm fine with her taking her stellar investigative journalism skills to Gotham. 

If WD gets his kid back and whatever happens with the Crayola-eating Spawn, will S6 be the family hour of fighting crime? I'll include Sara! in that because I refuse to believe Dyla will break up and I am still in denial about the gender switch.

• Love 6
56 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I wonder if Oliver is afraid that if Felicity follows his path, she may turn into a monster like him and he wants to protect her from that.  Or maybe becoming like Lyla.

This is my thought. Otherwise wouldn't Oliver have argued that backing her was the wrong move, not that he was worried?

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Trisha said:

Ok, this is cute:

Those are Fyers' cages, right? With SA not having the wig and EK actually being on set, it looks like they come into play in the present. The team gets locked up in them? :(

• Love 1

Bringing this over from the 519 thread:

10 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

MG is answering questions on tumblr and he said that Chase was actually in the bunker at the end there. So it wasn't Helix.

Could this be why Oliver and Felicity end up where they do when Oliver's leaning against the wall? Or could Chase have been upstairs by the time Felicity got there? This does at least make it seem like Chase is finally making use of knowing where the bunker is, which I've been waiting for since Evelyn's betrayal reveal. 

I think Oliver is concussed which is a better explanation for why he's slurring in sizzle reel then my theory they got drunk in the sewer (as you do) and reminisced about the last time they got drunk. 

Oh I misunderstood, @insomniadreams88, it looks like somehow Oliver gets knocked down the elevator shaft as he's trying to get himself and Felicity out. Though it looks like Felicity falls and Oliver goes after her. 

So Chase set the explosion and Helix didn't doublecross Felicity then? 

Edited by leopardprint
  • Love 1

bkwurm1 asked:

Dangerous Liaisons was fantastic, edge of your seat viewing. I've already watched it twice. Just need your help in understanding what exactly happened there at the end. I thought that James (Helix) tricked Felicity with the flashdrive and faked tracking Chase as a stall until it could send out that EMP to destroy the Arrow Bunker. Others think Chase really was there and set off the explosion. Which one was it? Thanks so much! Can't wait for next week!

Chase was really there.  Thanks for watching!

It's silly to get excited when he responds, especially when it's proving me wrong, lol.  So that means that Felicity was right to trust Helix, or at least not proved wrong.  Huh.  That reshapes a lot of my understanding of the episode.  

• Love 2

It's very exciting to have him actually reply to you! (But I may be biased since I'm in the group that thought Chase was there.)

I think Helix was supposed to be the counterpart of ARGUS, an organization that is determined they are doing the right thing but with very sketchy methods.

Chase, on the other hand, is outright psychotic.

• Love 4
13 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

It's very exciting to have him actually reply to you! (But I may be biased since I'm in the group that thought Chase was there.)

I think Helix was supposed to be the counterpart of ARGUS, an organization that is determined they are doing the right thing but with very sketchy methods.

Chase, on the other hand, is outright psychotic.

Taking back to the episode thread.  :)

17 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

How are they going to get her to walk again?????

I'm sure Curtis will have an easy fix so she'll be up and running (pun intended) by the next episode. ;)

cinfos asked:

Marc, with Arrow Season 5 wrapped and the future holds no more Flashbacks of Oliver's time on LianYu, will we ever see LianYu again? I mean with Argus having a prison there I would think it was still a viable option for the future if need be.

You’ll see Lian Yu in Season 6.

I wonder if this will be more than just flashbacks to explain how whatever is going down on the island in the finale or if it really isn't going away.  

Just now, BkWurm1 said:

I'm sure Curtis will have an easy fix so she'll be up and running (pun intended) by the next episode. ;)

I hope so!!!! I like my Felicity in top notch health so I am kind of freaking out that she can't move! 

2 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

I hope so!!!! I like my Felicity in top notch health so I am kind of freaking out that she can't move! 

Curtis made the chip so I have no worries.  I'm sure it's just for DRAMA!  And I admit.  I'm eating it up right now.  

• Love 4
Just now, BkWurm1 said:

Curtis made the chip so I have no worries.  I'm sure it's just for DRAMA!  And I admit.  I'm eating it up right now.  

Nothing like one half of your OTP CRAWLING to the other huh? *sigh* How will we survive another 7 days!!!!!????

• Love 6
1 minute ago, bijoux said:

No way Felicity isn't walking by the end of the next episode. I'm absolutely certain of that.

Only reason I pushed it off to the start of 521 (or offscreen before that) is Oliver and Felicity are supposed to have all their scenes together alone.  It's hard to imagine them not showing them with the team at all but maybe the team just turns on the air and arrives in the nick of time and we are just supposed to know it all turns out ok.  

1 minute ago, Mellowyellow said:

Nothing like one half of your OTP CRAWLING to the other huh? *sigh* How will we survive another 7 days!!!!!????

I expect the fan fic to show up by morning, lol.  

2 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

Only reason I pushed it off to the start of 521 (or offscreen before that) is Oliver and Felicity are supposed to have all their scenes together alone.

SA said he shares all his scenes with EBR, but that doesn't mean there aren't other people in their scenes together. 

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

SA said he shares all his scenes with EBR, but that doesn't mean there aren't other people in their scenes together. 

I thought he said they shared all their scenes ONLY with each other?   Eh, either way, I'm sure all will be quickly well for Felicity.  

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 1