Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, calliope1975 said:

I always lower my expectations with WM quotes so I doubt I will be surprised with who fights alongside Oliver unless Shado and Yao Fei rise from their graves and we get ghost warriors. Same with the family part, too, but please don't let Spawn and his age inappropriate ways pick up a bow and arrow.  

I think that WM was trying to squeeze a lot of stuff into one soundbite so I don't necessarily think the part about “you’re not going to believe who Oliver is working with to defeat Prometheus" is connected to when she says "it’s going to be all about Oliver’s family, but not the family we’re thinking of right now." So yeah, I think the family mention is about William, but not that the kid is fighting or working with Oliver to defeat Prometheus. I'm guessing he'll be present, though.

2 minutes ago, Trisha said:

I think that WM was trying to squeeze a lot of stuff into one soundbite so I don't necessarily think the part about “you’re not going to believe who Oliver is working with to defeat Prometheus" is connected to when she says "it’s going to be all about Oliver’s family, but not the family we’re thinking of right now." So yeah, I think the family mention is about William, but not that the kid is fighting or working with Oliver to defeat Prometheus. I'm guessing he'll be present, though.

But considering the multiple mentions of William lately, wouldn't he be "family we're thinking of right now"?

Unless WM just means "family we're thinking of right now" in terms of the "family" fighting with Oliver.

4 hours ago, finnaire said:

But they're already trapped in the bunker. Do they really need to make her unable to walk too? I'd rather she be mobile and helping to find a way out. Not helpless, needing to be rescued.

Er... No offense but just because Felicity is unable to walk, it doesn't make her helpless, unable to help out. I think that's kind of disrespectful. And as Oliver once said before, Felicity's superpower is her mind. She helps out with her brains not her legs. 

• Love 10
23 minutes ago, tv echo said:

^^^
-- On S6 flashbacks, MG: "Basically, we will end the island story very definitively. Um, next year, our approach to the flashbacks will be very different. It'll be episode-specific flashbacks. So - and they won't be every episode. It'll be, if there's a reason to flash back, we'll absolutely do so. We will be having those kind of flashbacks in 601, the sixth season premiere." (WonderCon, Apr. 1, 2017: MYM Buzz video, page 57 of Spoilers thread)

Yeah, that's probably what I was remembering. I took it as that they were definitively going to need to do flashbacks in 601 and now that we know 523 is ending in a cliffhanger, i jumped to the conclusion that was what the flashbacks would be about.  

31 minutes ago, tv echo said:

^^^
-- On S6 flashbacks, MG: "Basically, we will end the island story very definitively. Um, next year, our approach to the flashbacks will be very different. It'll be episode-specific flashbacks. So - and they won't be every episode. It'll be, if there's a reason to flash back, we'll absolutely do so. We will be having those kind of flashbacks in 601, the sixth season premiere." (WonderCon, Apr. 1, 2017: MYM Buzz video, page 57 of Spoilers thread)

hmmm This makes me think they might do a time jumb after s5 and start s6 with team arrow after some years ,while using flahsbacks to fill in the blanks. Unless of course he means that they are gonna do flashbacks here and there about certain characters backgrounds like Wild Dog,Dinah etc...

3 minutes ago, theOAfc said:

hmmm This makes me think they might do a time jumb after s5 and start s6 with team arrow after some years ,while using flahsbacks to fill in the blanks. Unless of course he means that they are gonna do flashbacks here and there about certain characters backgrounds like Wild Dog,Dinah etc...

That's exactly what he means because that what he said in past interviews 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Morrigan2575 said:

That's exactly what he means because that what he said in past interviews 

Yeah but I'm not willing to trust that's all he'd use them for, lol.  

(edited)
10 minutes ago, theOAfc said:

hmmm This makes me think they might do a time jumb after s5 and start s6 with team arrow after some years

MG confirmed in a tumblr answer that the time jump will be the usual couple of months, following the broadcast time.Capture2.JPG.b11b566608d9ccf0940b49f70454f4b8.JPG

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 2
32 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

Looking forward to the possible E2 flashback. Not getting my hopes up but 

562600.gif

Only if we get to see E2 versions of the other characters while they show her Flashbacks. I mean we've had aliens on Arrow, I guess seeing E2 is bound to happen.

• Love 2
Just now, Cleanqueen said:

Only if we get to see E2 versions of the other characters while they show her Flashbacks. I mean we've had aliens on Arrow, I guess seeing E2 is bound to happen.

I want to see their E2 counterparts so deal. 

What's Reverb?

Also E2 flashbacks? Guess we can wave goodbye to grounded/back to basics, whatever that meant. Haha.

Reverb is E2 Cisco I believe.

I picture BSs origin story a bit like if Bella went evil after Edward left. I imagine that Laurel was just as fixated on that Oliver.

Really no desire to watch that.

Regarding the WM quote. That was stupid hard to follow. I don't think BS is going to see the light and come to TA. Maybe ditch once she sees how it's going.

• Love 1

Yep do not care about anything Flash related. Keep it.  I'd rather have baby Sara back. 

From watching 5x10 I think it's naive  that the Arrow writers are going to care enough to write some amazing fully fleshed out Black Siren arch.

They never wrote amazingly for Black Canary or Laurel or put much thought into her storylines and Katie would only average about 3 minutes an ep. Even Dinah is basically wall paper. I don't see how Black Siren is going to be so different.

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, Chaser said:

I picture BSs origin story a bit like if Bella went evil after Edward left. I imagine that Laurel was just as fixated on that Oliver.

Really no desire to watch that

@Chaser, all the discussion about "family" that Oliver could be fighting for or with gave me strong Breaking Dawn vibes! Totally off-topic, but weird coincidence.

7 minutes ago, LeighAn said:

Yep do not care about anything Flash related. Keep it.  I'd rather have baby Sara back. 

From watching 5x10 I think it's naive  that the Arrow writers are going to care enough to write some amazing fully fleshed out Black Siren arch.

They never wrote amazingly for Black Canary or Laurel or put much thought into her storylines and Katie would only average about 3 minutes an ep. Even Dinah is basically wall paper. I don't see how Black Siren is going to be so different.

Not that many people expect much from them so they would only surprise me if they put actual effort into Black Siren. But they already got rid of Katie once so bringing her back full time just to stick to their norm with her would be a waste for them.

5 hours ago, lemotomato said:

The chip getting disabled in 520 is just speculation at this point, so we don't even know if it will happen, much less how it'll happen. And while it was rushed, I thought the paralysis storyline was handled sensitively for the most part, so I'd expect the same if it were to be brought up again.

As for "giant anvil of future relapse", well, that's the reality that Felicity has to deal with. The chip is a temporary, delicate fix for her permanent condition. I'm more bothered by the fact that she went through what she did and then the show didn't even mention her paralysis for 20+ episodes. It's like it never happened. Could it finally be addressed by them just talking about it? Sure. But that's telling, not showing.  I don't see why it would be a horrible thing if the first time it failed on her, she was in a relatively safe, familiar environment with someone she loves and trusts who would help her, rather than mid-battle putting her at the mercy of some baddie of the week.

I agree. If the chip fails I think it will be hacked by Helix as a result of Felicity running away from them. I don't think Oliver will take Felicity out from Helix. Ultimately, by the end of 519 she will see the mistake she is making and she will escape. I think the EPs said that much - something like "she will be very close to make something very bad but she will correct course". While on the run with Oliver - underground because everywhere else there are cameras - Helix will hack the chip. MG tweeted a drawing of underground tunnels I think? Maybe they will be trying to reach the bunker so that F can fix the chip? Anyway, S and E had all those trust workouts... Makes sense if he carries her at some point. In the end of 520 the chip will be fixed. These writers love their parallels - this time when the chip works again Felicity will walk towards Oliver. A rebirth. Like the pap said, or was it the other guy who spoiled the scripts? Well, it's just a spec...

• Love 7
Just now, Primal Slayer said:

Not that many people expect much from them so they would only surprise me if they put actual effort into Black Siren. But they already got rid of Katie once so bringing her back full time just to stick to their norm with her would be a waste for them.

I don't believe that BS is the reason KC is back.  I honestly think it is entirely BTS. 

They had the opportunity last year on Flash to see KC as BS, but MG specifically credited 509-510 as the episodes in which they suddenly saw all the storytelling possibilities for KC/BS. They had KC for 4 years.  If they really wanted to keep her despite her character not working out, they could have changed the character.  Instead, they just changed the actress when they killed off LL and brought in DD to be the new BC.

• Love 18

Katie was given more to work with in 510 compared to The Flash, not to mention that they were able to tell her what they wanted to see from the character. 

It could be bts like bringing in DD was but at this point in the show I just dont see why anyone would care to intervene as far as she goes. Unless GB and co. want to attempt to recapture the audience they lost in S4 by bringing back "Laurel" and Olicity.

I am interested to see if/when they announce Juliana as a Series Regular or if they just plan on keeping her reoccurring. 

With the whole family and explosion and emotional punch - I'm scared Thea is going to die.  I know she said not the family we are thinking of (DGAF about William) but the weirdness with WH and the number of episodes she was limited to this year - I just don't like it.  That said, I had given up Arrow for most of S5 but they got me back with 5x17 and 5x18 and I'm living for 5x20.  I'm with MG in that I'd prefer a shorter season for Arrow.  Too much filler that I don't care about.

26 minutes ago, EmeraldArcher said:

I don't believe that BS is the reason KC is back.  I honestly think it is entirely BTS. 

They had the opportunity last year on Flash to see KC as BS, but MG specifically credited 509-510 as the episodes in which they suddenly saw all the storytelling possibilities for KC/BS. They had KC for 4 years.  If they really wanted to keep her despite her character not working out, they could have changed the character.  Instead, they just changed the actress when they killed off LL and brought in DD to be the new BC.

Plus the praise came on all the sudden. They were always complimentary of the character but they basically said they were done this season and talked about working schedules. KC had nothing going on, her schedule didn't suddenly free up. 

The EPs did a 180. 

• Love 10
3 minutes ago, Kymmi said:

With the whole family and explosion and emotional punch - I'm scared Thea is going to die.  I know she said not the family we are thinking of (DGAF about William) but the weirdness with WH and the number of episodes she was limited to this year - I just don't like it.  That said, I had given up Arrow for most of S5 but they got me back with 5x17 and 5x18 and I'm living for 5x20.  I'm with MG in that I'd prefer a shorter season for Arrow.  Too much filler that I don't care about.

MG said that as long as he's in charge Thea won't die so don't worry!

• Love 1

The pap who spoiled Katie was coming back as a regular in season 6 before the announcement tweeted at the time that the executives of WB were having a crisis meeting about pictures released so he seemed to imply there was more BTS then just a desire to have Black Siren back for creative reasons.

But it's a moot point now I suppose. We won't know the full story till David Ramsey writes his tell all. 

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, Chaser said:

Plus the praise came on all the sudden. They were always complimentary of the character but they basically said they were done this season and talked about working schedules. KC had nothing going on, her schedule didn't suddenly free up. 

The EPs did a 180. 

“We have an idea for how to see her again, but we haven’t made a deal with her yet,” he revealed. “She’s not a series regular anymore, so we have to make a contract with her and she’s got to be available, and we haven’t had those conversations [yet]. But we do have an idea. We know exactly what we do want to do,” he said.
http://www.greenarrowtv.com/arrow-producers-have-an-idea-for-katie-cassidys-return/comment-page-1/#comment-269942

In the interview, which you can listen to in full below, Guggenheim also teases a possible Black Siren return. [paraphrased]Took Black Siren back from The Flash, put her back in Arrow which opened up more storylines for them to use her. They wanted to keep Black Siren close (thus sending her off to Argus instead of back to Central City). Yesterday in the writers room they were talking about all the potential Black Siren stories they could tell if Katie is up to do it.[/paraphrase]

http://ew.com/tv/2017/01/26/arrow-legends-tomorrow-crossovers/

It wasn't that much of a 180. The wheels were turning after the episode.

4 minutes ago, LeighAn said:

The pap who spoiled Katie was coming back as a regular in season 6 before the announcement tweeted at the time that the executives of WB were having a crisis meeting about pictures released so he seemed to imply there was more BTS then just a desire to have Black Siren back for creative reasons.

But it's a moot point now I suppose. We won't know the full story till David Ramsey writes his tell all. 

If you are bringing someone back and something like that happens, crisis meetings happen at times, even if the desire is there. If it had happened to Melissa when she was first announced as Supergirl, they probably wouldve freaked out as well. 

31 minutes ago, Kymmi said:

With the whole family and explosion and emotional punch - I'm scared Thea is going to die.  

They're not going to kill Thea. There are 2 things Marc explicitly said he would never do and that's:

1. Put Felicity in a mask on Arrow
  2. Kill Thea

She's safe from death for the rest of the series. However, whether that means she stays or leaves Starling is another question

• Love 1
(edited)
5 hours ago, EmeraldArcher said:

I can see it because KC did such a better job with BS than she had been doing as Earth1 Laurel, a character eithe the EPs or DC refused to let the show make grey even though that was a better fit for KC.  BS was just another villain on The Flash; it's on Arrow that Laurel's history makes the BS character pop.  I can't see enough material for making her a regular for the season though.

12 hours ago, leopardprint said:

I think even Felicity with her insecurities knew that Susan was not to be taken seriously. ?

Maybe she knew in her head.  But feeling it in her heart, and feeling that Oliver would still be interested in her is another matter entirely.

10 hours ago, ComicFan777 said:

I think the malfunctioning chip would be a very good storyline for Felicity, but I'd rather it be a different episode instead of an episode that's dealing with their relationship issues that are independent of her paralysis.  There is so much meat there and I think it has so much potential for Felicity's growth, but I'm afraid that it could be overshadowed/lost in the olicity relationship stuff being hashed out in the mix.  Would they do it justice, given everything else that needs to be talked about?  It just depends on the execution...

When it comes to execution of storylines, I have learned that with this show I hope for the best but expect the worst.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 6

I've been thinking about the shot from 523 that MG wants to include in the sizzle reel. It's not BS, it's not Lian Yu. All I've got now is something with Malcolm or Oliver back in the GA suit. The second one seems likely since it looks extremely possible that he doesn't suit back up in the finale. They seem to be establishing him going in the field sans suit in the interim - promo and stills for 520, that photo that SA posted with Dig in the Spartan suit and Oliver just in black.

Also, when asked about Oliver fighting more for Susan than he did for Felicity, MG replied that neither he nor Oliver would agree. Neither would I, but that answer doesn't say Felicity wouldn't have a different take on things., so it could be something she brings up in 520.

• Love 1

Why can't Barry just bring E2 characters back to E2? I mean, they keep them in a prison but why can't they just go back. Also I am not sure how much of a backstory anyone would need for BS. Didn't she tell us why she went bad?

• Love 6

They brought her back to either appease LL fans or bts reasons so I think we're just going to have to sit through her storylines like we did WD and DD. 

I think of it as the fee I pay to watch Felicity. I usually fast forward, cut my nails or text while these scenes play. 

I actually preferred the real E1LL to the strutting banshee that is BS.

• Love 5
9 hours ago, Kymmi said:

With the whole family and explosion and emotional punch - I'm scared Thea is

Highly doubt. But,i do see her leaving for good(or at least being MIA for majority of next season).

3 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

They brought her back to either appease LL fans or bts reasons so I think we're just going to have to sit through her storylines like we did WD and DD. 

Probably both.

(edited)

From the OQF Notice of Filming for shooting 523 scenes on Monday, April 10 (posted in Spoilers thread)...

Filming takes place within Whytecliff Park. We will begin filming a dialogue scene with one actor overlooking the ocean in the forest west of the public washrooms. ... Filming moves around the point to film more scenes in the forest area, this time with multiple actors running and fighting. Simulated gunfire will be used. A member of the West Vancouver Police Department will be on site to assist. ... Filming moves to the shoreline adjacent to the divers shack. These scenes involve multiple actors engaged in dialogue. Our SPFX department will be placing 4 air canons [sic] just below the surface of the water to create spray of water. A member of the Department of Fisheries and Oceans will be on site to assist. There will be a camera drone in use within the park borders. Safety precautions will be employed when the drone is in use. Production Assistants will be on hand to help the public move safely through the area during this time.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 3
(edited)
7 hours ago, bijoux said:

I've been thinking about the shot from 523 that MG wants to include in the sizzle reel. It's not BS, it's not Lian Yu. All I've got now is something with Malcolm or Oliver back in the GA suit. The second one seems likely since it looks extremely possible that he doesn't suit back up in the finale. 

It sounds like they are filming whatever explodes Monday.  Could be edited so you only know something explodes.

Edited by Sunshine
(edited)
4 hours ago, Mellowyellow said:

I think of it as the fee I pay to watch Felicity. I usually fast forward, cut my nails or text while these scenes play. 

I actually preferred the real E1LL to the strutting banshee that is BS.

Someone else has said it here and I agree - they had 4 years to write for good and heroic Laurel and they end up killing her. They are done with that character. The only way they can challenge themselves to have a story line for KC is by going in the opposite direction with Black Siren. This is why I don't believe in redemption arcs for this character. On the other hand, they ended 510 with BS in the receiving end of a punch and an iconic "Hey pumpkin"... That was a deliberately funny moment and I am somewhat curious to see what sort of villain she is in 522/523. Maybe this time somebody else gets to punch her - Thea, Lyla, William... I don't expect much of BS in season 6 to be honest. 

Edited by Buzzyspirit
  • Love 1

I read spec that the cliffhanger/explosion is their ride home and everyone is stuck on the island at the end of 523. 

It's interesting spec but, with MG confirming that 601 pics up 5 months later I can't help but think...no way Lyla doesn't find Johnny a week after he goes missing, let alone 5 months.

• Love 8

I don't expect somebody else to surprise punch Siren this time around. Something has to happen where she doesnt get locked up again so she will be victorious to a certain extent. Redemption doesn't = goody 2 shoes though, it just means she wont be deliberately trying to kill the team. 

• Love 1
(edited)

I think Black Siren vs Black Canary will be a mini-arc or she will be the 6a villain which will end in a BS/BC mini-arc. It's their wish fulfillment version of "who would win in a fight?" I just don't want to see "Oliver Feels Guilty About Laurel, Part IV: The Guiltening". I think it could be an opportunity to provide Lance and Thea with a nice storyline though.

ETA: I wanted to add that I thought her S3 storyline with Wildcat was the best one. I think LL/OQ together are just storykillers, they have weird anti-chemistry like exes who hate each other but have to interact for the kids (the show) I wish they had sent her off with Nyssa at the end of S3 to get more training before coming back later on S4.

Edited by leopardprint
  • Love 9

That sounds like a terrifically busy Lian Yu shoot.

6 hours ago, tv echo said:

We will begin filming a dialogue scene with one actor overlooking the ocean in the forest west of the public washrooms.

Lol at filming the scene on the "deserted" island just west of the washrooms.

How can you dialogue scene with one actor?  Is he monologuing? Oliver meets Hamlet at last?

7 hours ago, Belinea said:

Why can't Barry just bring E2 characters back to E2? I mean, they keep them in a prison but why can't they just go back. Also I am not sure how much of a backstory anyone would need for BS. Didn't she tell us why she went bad?

I'm really tired of The Flash affecting Arrow.  If people choose to watch The Flash and accept the premises of the show, that's their decision.  But I resent it when when I choose not to watch The Flash but its obsessions still come on my show and affect it.

• Love 6