Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

What happened to Evelyn in this episode? MM was supposed to have a scene (scenes?) with JH. I know because it lead me to assuming it was Evelyn tackling Tinah during the hostage taking. I honestly don't see how a scene between them would fit this episode even if it was cut.

I thought the same thing originally based on Madison's tweets, which occurred during 5.18 filming.  I guess she just met JH on set and really liked her.  According to KP's tweet it sounds like Artemis teams up with BS. Don't know if that's against Team Arrow or maybe to escape Prometheus.

11 hours ago, Soulfire said:

Looks like Oliver may follow Felicity in the next ep. I'm guessing she tells him the "You'll have to stop me", he lets her go, but follows her to protect her.

I guess now Oliver won't have to follow Felicity. Curtis knows where Helix is located. The whole team knows that Curtis and Felicity were at Helix.

It looks like he is following her, though. Since, if that is Felicity on the right, she's wearing the same outfit that she's wearing in that van and the guy Oliver's tackling was the guy who was sitting next to her (if that's what people are seeing in the screencaps). 

• Love 2

It does look like there are three person shaped blobs, @way2interested, Oliver, Felicity and Helix grunt?

Making connections where the show probably didn't mean them, I'm wondering if we are going to see the 530 conversation draw some sort of parallel between Oliver/Felicity being lonely and dating randos but also between Shady Susan and Shady Helix. Susan was set up as a red herring that obviously Oliver shouldn't trust her but up til now he's been proven right. (I have crack spec Chase is going to give her evidence of Felicity's cyber terrorism and make it seem F/O are back together so she runs a hatchet job on F) We are all waiting for the shoe to drop with Helix but I would really love if Felicity isn't proven wrong to trust or at least use them. I don't want Felicity to have worse judgement than Oliver! 

Edited by leopardprint

WM says "Thea and Oliver are going to come to the same conclusion by the finale” about how to handle their worst tendencies (in her case, her "Moira-esque" ways). I wonder if that means she'll become Speedy again? It's pretty clear the show is leading up to Oliver suiting up again by the finale, so I hope she does too. It would also make me feel better about WH's presence in S6.

58 minutes ago, Trisha said:

WM says "Thea and Oliver are going to come to the same conclusion by the finale” about how to handle their worst tendencies (in her case, her "Moira-esque" ways). I wonder if that means she'll become Speedy again? It's pretty clear the show is leading up to Oliver suiting up again by the finale, so I hope she does too. It would also make me feel better about WH's presence in S6.

I hope so because the alternative would be for her to completely decide to dissociate herself from the whole vigilante thing and I don't want that to happen. Question will be if there is room for her in the team, wouldn't someone need to be replaced for her?

Edited by Cleanqueen
  • Love 1

They've been really pushing the whole friendship/team angle so hopefully that means she's back on the team! She quit for similar reasons to Oliver, didn't she? I hope the BTS contract shenanigans are worked out for next year. 

Edited by leopardprint
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, Trisha said:

WM says "Thea and Oliver are going to come to the same conclusion by the finale” about how to handle their worst tendencies (in her case, her "Moira-esque" ways).

But. I like Thea's Moira-esque ways. I want more of that. Particularly when it comes to dealing with Oliver's dumb-ass dating decisions. 

• Love 23
5 minutes ago, Trisha said:

I like that spec a lot better than my momentary worry that this would be how they'd write Thea out, have her decide to leave Star City for good and maybe just have WH recurring next season. (I really hope this doesn't happen. It better not happen.) But I think this spec is possible since Speedy's suit was on display in 518 (right?). 

Of course, this also depends on how things end non-team wise for Oliver, Thea, etc. this season. What's Thea going to do outside the team if she does in fact return to being Speedy? Not have a job like Felicity and Curtis didn't all season? Reopen the club? Will she return to City Hall but steer clear of any Moira-esque dealings? Will Oliver even be mayor at the end of the season for her to have that option? 

I think Thea needs to figure out how to use her Moira-esque ways the best way she can, and that could be something they could explore in S6. Give her actual screen-time that's not dedicated to "Oliver, the reporter's shady. Stop being stupid." on repeat.

3 minutes ago, Cleanqueen said:

Question will be if there is room for her in the team, wouldn't someone need to be replaced by her?

Listen, if Thea wants to suit up again, she gets first dibs on a spot on the team over Curtis, Rene and Tinah, so that's their problem, not hers.

If they move Curtis permanently into "creating tech for the team to use in the field" - anyone can use his balls - and/or decide that in S6, hey, not everyone needs to be in the field at the same time, see how that worked in 518 when Oliver wasn't with the team, they could potentially have a larger team than they have. 

• Love 4

I think a great storyline for Thea would be her dedicating herself to repairing the damage MM and MQ did to the Glades. It could be tied to not being like her parents as well as honoring Roy. Taking on Oliver's mission in her own way instead of assisting him (again). Or she should run for mayor not Oliver, Thea would definitely not build Icetown. (Oliver would.)

Edited by leopardprint
  • Love 10

Since I want Queen Consolidated back, perhaps Thea could make that her mission for next season.

46 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

Listen, if Thea wants to suit up again, she gets first dibs on a spot on the team over Curtis, Rene and Tinah, so that's their problem, not hers.

If they move Curtis permanently into "creating tech for the team to use in the field" - anyone can use his balls - and/or decide that in S6, hey, not everyone needs to be in the field at the same time, see how that worked in 518 when Oliver wasn't with the team, they could potentially have a larger team than they have. 

Yes she definitely gets first dibs. Like if they don't cut someone this will be like double the team from season 4. 

Edited by Cleanqueen
  • Love 2
8 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

I hope they will stop switching professions for Thea. Maybe have her go to business school. 

I completely agree, but instacareers is a bedrock of the CW network, might as well give her something interesting to do. If Thea and Felicity returned to PT to save QC, that'd be fun too. 

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, leopardprint said:

I completely agree, but instacareers is a bedrock of the CW network, might as well give her something interesting to do. If Thea and Felicity returned to PT to save QC, that'd be fun too. 

Maybe have Thea go to business school and also be involved in the company from time to time. 

2 hours ago, Cleanqueen said:

I hope so because the alternative would be for her to completely decide to dissociate herself from the whole vigilante thing and I don't want that to happen. Question will be if there is room for her in the team, wouldn't someone need to be replaced for her?

Nobody needs to be replaced. What this show needs to do is keep more characters around on a 13-episode basis and balance out the cast a lot more. Not every character needs to appear in every single episode and they don't always have to send out the full cavalry in response to every emergency. Instead, they should focus more on smaller team groupings and mix up the constellation from ep to ep. That way, everyone gets something to do and has a chance to have their character developed over the course of the season. 

Edited by strikera0
  • Love 10
25 minutes ago, strikera0 said:

Nobody needs to be replaced. What this show needs to do is keep more characters around on a 13-episode basis and balance out the cast a lot more. Not every character needs to appear in every single episode and they don't always have to send out the full cavalry in response to every emergency. Instead, they should focus more on smaller team groupings and mix up the constellation from ep to ep. That way, everyone gets something to do and has a chance to have their character developed over the course of the season. 

That's how it used to be with guest stars but now all these guest stars are in every episode and series regulars get to only appear in certain episodes which makes no sense. I don't know if they'll change it but if they can come up with lame reasons why Thea is out of town they can come up lame reasons for why the newbies can't help out every week. 

LoT does a really good job of moving their cast into smaller groupings on different missions and changing the interactions around.  Arrow has never been able to manage that, maybe because the flashbacks take up time and so the present day has only one or two plotlines.  Hopefully with the fbs gone, that will change and MG will learn from Klemmer how to handle a large cast.

• Love 3

“Thea is the daughter of sociopaths

Grr.  I do not count Moira as a sociopath.

4 hours ago, way2interested said:

It looks like he is following her, though. Since, if that is Felicity on the right, she's wearing the same outfit that she's wearing in that van and the guy Oliver's tackling was the guy who was sitting next to her (if that's what people are seeing in the screencaps). 

I'd love it if he secretly knocked out the guy in the full mask and took his place.  :)

• Love 14
Just now, BkWurm1 said:

I'd love it if he secretly knocked out the guy in the full mask and took his place.  :)

I'd love it too (plus it would be an Oliver thing to do I would think), although what I'm kind of gleaming from the promo is that I think Oliver and Diggle are following her and getting the drop on whatever they're doing (given that shot of Oliver and Diggle on a rooftop).

• Love 1
59 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

That's what I originally thought the tweeter meant! I was like whoa Arrow really blew their budget on balls and screeches if that's the best mask Oliver can get.

Also, I would like a line where Oliver asks Curtis to hack Felicity but he can't and says something like "Me outhacking Felicity would be like me beating you in a fight. Not happening."

• Love 12
2 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

I do not count Moira as a sociopath.

Why couldn't Moira come back or visit from E2? Everybody who doesn't really need to pop by again does, but the best ones stay dead...It bums me out. 

Also, does Felicity always have such dark make-up for her eyes or is it just me seeing things?  When I say the promo that is the first thing I thought of. 

But I agree with whoever said that for the first time in a long time I am actually excited for a new episode. Maybe if we are super lucky we get a new promo with stuff from upcoming episodes. We haven't had one of this in 5000 years.

Edited by Belinea
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, Velocity23 said:

I hope they will stop switching professions for Thea. Maybe have her go to business school. 

I think Thea's had enough experience in the business world that she doesn't need business school (I mean, she ran Verdant practically on her own, and she's worked in the Mayor's Office), but if they need to give her something to do, then fine, send her to business school!! Maybe she can fight crime at night! 

7 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

I think Thea's had enough experience in the business world that she doesn't need business school (I mean, she ran Verdant practically on her own, and she's worked in the Mayor's Office), but if they need to give her something to do, then fine, send her to business school!! Maybe she can fight crime at night! 

I was always a bit iffy that they always made her such an expert in everything that Oliver was doing first. With no experience. 

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, Cleanqueen said:

It's good to see Thea back on set and Oliver looking really good and actually smiling. I wonder what they could be discussing. 

So, you and Felicity were trapped in the bunker for 24 hours...

• Love 17

That kinda looks like his cute bashful Felicity smile.

Nice to see Thea again!

Edited by Guest
16 minutes ago, Cleanqueen said:
It's good to see Thea back on set and Oliver looking really good and actually smiling. I wonder what they could be discussing. 

"So, I heard Dragon Lady's gone and you spent time alone with Felicity... I also heard that you were tortured for a few days, but that wasn't important enough for me to come back yet. This is, obviously." 

• Love 16
3 minutes ago, Cleanqueen said:

Thea: Oliver you look happy, I am glad you and Felicity are back together. When can I plan the Wedding?

Oliver: *Smiles* we're taking it slow.

Oliver (Cont): So, I was thinking early fall.

• Love 17
18 hours ago, Angel12d said:

I haven't watched the episode but if Chase isn't behind Helix in some way, why hasn't he gone after Felicity? He's supposedly targeting Oliver and everyone he loves so skipping over Felicity just seems weird to me. 

Of course he's saving the best, most devastating for last.  Reel Oliver fish in, let him out a little, reel him in more, devastate him into committing suicide.

Also he's smart enough to know how May sweeps work.

1 hour ago, Velocity23 said:

I was always a bit iffy that they always made her such an expert in everything that Oliver was doing first. With no experience. 

She's better in Moira-skills than Oliver is, business, politics, back-room negotiating, how social engagement works.  I fanwank that Oliver is so terrible in running things, including Team Arrow, because he has no interesting in the back-and-forth it takes, and no patience for it.  That's why being a vigilante, especially a lone vigilante, works so well for him -- he can just make a decision and go out and carry it through. No need for consultation or committees.

• Love 6
14 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Of course he's saving the best, most devastating for last.  Reel Oliver fish in, let him out a little, reel him in more, devastate him into committing suicide.

Also he's smart enough to know how May sweeps work.

She's better in Moira-skills than Oliver is, business, politics, back-room negotiating, how social engagement works.  I fanwank that Oliver is so terrible in running things, including Team Arrow, because he has no interesting in the back-and-forth it takes, and no patience for it.  That's why being a vigilante, especially a lone vigilante, works so well for him -- he can just make a decision and go out and carry it through. No need for consultation or committees.

Maybe if they let Oliver be good at something other than killing people and disappointing his loved ones he wouldn't hate himself so much. 

I just want him to have a job where he doesn't fail miserably and/or get shown up by his equally as unqualified (even more so because she didn't even attend any colleges to drop out of and has way less life experience) little sister. I try really hard to be proud of Oliver, but these writers make it hard sometimes. 

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, Hiveminder said:

Maybe if they let Oliver be good at something other than killing people and disappointing his loved ones he wouldn't hate himself so much. 

I just want him to have a job where he doesn't fail miserably and/or get shown up by his equally as unqualified (even more so because she didn't even attend any colleges to drop out of and has way less life experience) little sister. I try really hard to be proud of Oliver, but these writers make it hard sometimes. 

I don't think he would be so bad with the business thing and the major thing if insane baddies were not always wreaking havoc in his life and city. 

Even Felicity who is brilliant got fired because she was always running off to save Star City. When she worked for Ray she was always running off as well.

I don't see how any of them can hold down a job at this rate so I don't blame Oliver for being bad at his job. Thea always had the time to run things at the office and even at Verdant.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Hiveminder said:

Oliver has mastered the culinary arts.

He is internationally recognized for his skill in disappointing his loved ones though. 

Edited by leopardprint
  • Love 8
10 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

I don't think he would be so bad with the business thing and the major thing if insane baddies were not always wreaking havoc in his life and city. 

Even Felicity who is brilliant got fired because she was always running off to save Star City. When she worked for Ray she was always running off as well.

I don't see how any of them can hold down a job at this rate so I don't blame Oliver for being bad at his job. Thea always had the time to run things at the office and even at Verdant.

I guess you're right, but it just looks worse with Oliver because, except for that once with Felicity, he's really the only one they've shown trying(and mostly failing) to balance a full-time job and full-time vigilanteing.* They never really showed that Felicity had any problems keeping up with her responsibilities as his EA, and he obviously would have understood if she did, and Digg's job was following Oliver around so being a vigilante had no impact on that. Thea has never been employed full-time and a vigilante full-time concurrently. 

*Except for Laurel, who, as I recall was doing just fine in that regard?  

• Love 1

Oliver's jobs have all been things he feels he should be doing for various reasons. He was basically trying to put out fires at QC (and didn't show up for a month) and ran for mayor because he's hard to kill. They haven't really shown him to have ambition in that regard. He wasn't looking for a job when he returned in S4. He showed enthusiasm and skill at creating a home with Felicity. 

Laurel should return as Time Management Canary though she blackmailed her way back into her job right?

• Love 2
36 minutes ago, leopardprint said:

Oliver has mastered the culinary arts.

In season 6, Oliver should open up a restaurant, but only for lunch and early dinner. So then he's free to go around as GA at night. But don't worry, no one in Star City will find that suspicious whatsoever and wonder if OQ is GA. 

• Love 3

So did I miss the fact that Felicity will meet Vigilante via Helix?   http://www.justjaredjr.com/2017/03/30/felicity-will-meet-vigilante-before-everyone-else-on-arrow/

The article cites a story from EW - or at least the EPs speaking to EW.  I just remember WM or MG saying she would meet the leader of Helix - but I didn't think they said he would be/is Vigilante.

They tagged the photos under the story incorrectly so who knows if this is correct...

1 minute ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I saw that on Twitter and thought it was spec. WM never said it was Vigilante

That's what I thought but I admit I have been trying to avoid WM's interviews.  The only other thought I had was WM did say it - but EW was holding it back for a second story and JJ jumped the gun. 

That's...weird. It's almost word for word from the EW article but adds in Vigilante. No other article has mentioned Vigilante in that way.

Also, I find it strange how Felicity would be given Pandora but there's no link to Prometheus?

I'm gonna say that's just spec for now but who knows?

Edited by Guest

JJ used the WM quote in the EW article and added Vigilante to it. 

Article from JJ: http://www.justjaredjr.com/2017/03/30/felicity-will-meet-vigilante-before-everyone-else-on-arrow/

While Arrow‘s Felicity is spending time and working at Helix, she’s going to run into someone who actually turns out to be Vigilante!

“What’s interesting about it is he’s not actually at Helix right now, so there’s going to be a big episode where we find out who this person is,” EP Wendy Mericle told Entertainment Weekly recently.

Felicity will be meeting him first, before anyone else on Team Arrow and she won’t have any idea that he’s Vigilante.

“Felicity is involved in helping him,” Wendy adds. “It’s really messed up.”

Article from EW JJ is referring to: http://ew.com/tv/2017/03/28/arrow-felicity-helix-spoilers/

For starters, Felicity probably shouldn’t trust Alena (Kacey Rohl), who seems to be the kind face of Helix so far. But there’s someone more nefarious pulling the strings. “We are going to see somebody [else],” Mericle teases. “What’s interesting about it is he’s not actually at Helix right now, so there’s going to be a big episode where we find out who this person is, and Felicity is involved in helping him. It’s really messed up.”