Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

3 minutes ago, looptab said:

This 'Oliver aginst Green Arrow' thing gets dumber and dumber. 

It really is. Does Oliver even have a plan as to how to fix all this so that he can continue to be GA? Because obviously he has to, and I can't imagine them deciding that in S6, they're going to call him something else? What? Greener Arrow? The New Green Arrow? 

3 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

I guess so - can't think of any other reason why the wife is there if she wasn't a victim. I guess maybe Pike takes the brunt of the Arrowing and that's why he's in the hospital?

That could be it. In the promo, wasn't there something with police bursting into a brunette's apartment? Maybe it's Chase's place, the police are there when she's "attacked," Pike gets hurt and it's all a set-up by Chase to make GA look guilty? 

Just now, insomniadreams88 said:

That could be it. In the promo, wasn't there something with police bursting into a brunette's apartment? Maybe it's Chase's place, the police are there when she's "attacked," Pike gets hurt and it's all a set-up by Chase to make GA look guilty? 

Yeah, probably something along those lines.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

Oh God, please don't let this season end with an "I am Iron Man" moment to reconcile Oliver's 2 personas. As a vigilante, he still operated outside of the law and killed people, on purpose or inadvertently (like in Billy's case). 

But after everything he's saying about GA in these press conferences? I can't see that ending well for him. I think it would take some really good writing to pull that off. What's he going to do? Out Chase as Prometheus and be like, "he made me do it. He's responsible for everything. Blame him. Not me."? 

11 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

But after everything he's saying about GA in these press conferences? I can't see that ending well for him. I think it would take some really good writing to pull that off. What's he going to do? Out Chase as Prometheus and be like, "he made me do it. He's responsible for everything. Blame him. Not me."? 

Maybe Chase/Prometheus/Simon/etc., will end up being the fall guy for everything both he and GA did or they set him up like he was GA all along. I would much rather they kill the Green Arrow than go the Iron Man route then maybe Oliver just mayors/mentors the team in S6.

Edited by leopardprint
typos
  • Love 1
12 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

Exactly.

2 minutes ago, Midnight Lullaby said:

More than Iron Man they are currently reminding me of the ending of TDK with Batman choosing to be seen as the villain and keeping his identity secret.

That's where I hope they're going with this. But then I remember, these writers don't seem to use logic and natural human reactions in their writing. If they do go with the GA is villain, though, what happens in S6? GA avoiding the police all season?

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

That's where I hope they're going with this. But then I remember, these writers don't seem to use logic and natural human reactions in their writing. If they do go with the GA is villain, though, what happens in S6? GA avoiding the police all season?

In season 6 there's a new, huge threat and the people of SC realize they'd rather stay alive than hunt the GA, LOL. I don't know but I really hope he isn't going to reveal his secret.

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, Midnight Lullaby said:

More than Iron Man they are currently reminding me of the ending of TDK with Batman choosing to be seen as the villain and keeping his identity secret.

My memories of TDK are hazy but wasn't Batman thrown under the bus to keep Harvey Dent (DA) a hero? Who would be the heroic reputation needing preserving in Arrow's case? Adrian Chase? Star Reporter Susie!? It's probably Mayor Oliver but I wish it could be Lance or Pike.

Edited by leopardprint
posted too soon w wrong movie
  • Love 1
Just now, leopardprint said:

My memories of DKR are hazy but wasn't Batman thrown under the bus to keep Harvey Dent (DA) a hero? Who would be the heroic reputation needing preserving in Arrow's case? Adrian Chase? Star Reporter Susie!? 

Yes..well Chase's reputation. I don't remember Susan exists most of the times so I definitely wasn't thinking about her, LOL.

40 minutes ago, Cleanqueen said:

So they're a pretty powerful organization. I can sense the hesitancy in felicity when she realizes what they're capable of.

I like that she's immediately suspicious of how much power they have. Also, is the neural networking chip that she picks up (with technology stolen from Palmer Tech) the same type of chip that's in her back? If the writers find a way to bring back Felicity's goal of mass-producing the chip to help others walk, that would be amazing. Maybe she ends up taking over Helix and making them less evil? It would fit with what SA said about her finding a purpose outside the team.

• Love 8

More from Josh Segarra on Team Arrow and Felicity...

What is Chase’s feelings towards the rest of Team Arrow? Are they a means to an end, collateral damage?
What’s been fun to watch is their chemistry build, to watch the team assemble. Chase is watching the team and he’s going, “Oh, okay. I know that Diggle matters. I know that Felicity matters. But now we have this guy Wild Dog. Oh, we’ve got this new Black Canary. Interesting. We’ve got Ragman.” He’s starting to piece these things together, all pieces that matter because they matter to Oliver.

I love the scenes when I get in a room with Thea and Oliver, because it’s his sister. I love my sister in real life. She’s a very important woman in my life. So to watch these moments, where now you know who this guy is – and he’s been so close to them. He’s been in their trust circle. Chase has been looking at all the people in Oliver’s life that matter and he knows that he’s going to use those pieces along the way.
Prometheus manipulated Oliver into killing Felicity’s boyfriend. Ever since then, she’s been hellbent on taking him down. Can viewers expect some kind of confrontation between the two?
I hope so. Let me tell you the real-life answer: We haven’t had any interactions between Chase and Felicity. You haven’t seen too many interactions outside of the ones with Diggle and Chase. I love those scenes inside the prison where I got to help him.

The real-life answer is, yeah, I sure hope so because Emily [Bett Rickards] is the bomb. She brings such a great color to the show. Felicity is such a cool character. I’m excited to see how they are finally going to bring Chase and Felicity together. I’m very excited about that. The scenes I’ve done with Paul Blackthorne, watching Lance and Chase, are cool energies to balance out on screen. I want to act with everybody on the show.

http://www.cbr.com/interview-arrow-prometheus-josh-segarra/

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 10
42 minutes ago, Cleanqueen said:

Love how highly Josh speaks of Emily and Felicity. I too am looking forward to the felicity/Simon showdown. 

Have we seen any interaction b/w Felicity and Chase on screen yet?

4 hours ago, Velocity23 said:

Felicity is drawn to multiple screens with images quickly flashing across them. Alena tells her it’s a real-time feed of every cell phone camera in the world running through a pattern recognition algorithm.

“That’s a lot of power for someone to have who’s not government,” Felicity says.

This is so right from The Dark Knight.  Felicity is going to shut Helix down, isn't she.  Ala Lucius Fox.  Hopefully with lots of explosions too.  ;)

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

This is so right from The Dark Knight.  Felicity is going to shut Helix down, isn't she.  Ala Lucius Fox.  Hopefully with lots of explosions too.  ;)

I'm hoping this will be in season 6. Felicity pisses off Helix at the end of this season, Helix then makes it their mission to make TAs life a living hell, then in season 6 Felicity tries to shut them down with Noah's help as well as the rest of TAs.

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

This whole season is TDK.  The final season/series finale will ripoff TDKR. I'm serious this show started as BatmanArrow and will end as BatmanArrow ??

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

This whole season is TDK.  The final season/series finale will ripoff TDKR. I'm serious this show started as BatmanArrow and will end as BatmanArrow ??

Didn't Lexa Doig mention Talia in a board room or something? They're not even trying to pretend.

I guess it makes sense this was supposed to be a five year journey that started by ripping off Batman Begins to scary levels, now it ends with TDKR. Hee.

14 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I'm okay with that. As long as I get my Olicity sipping a drink in Europe.

And Diggle gives them a nod from across the room.

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 10
1 minute ago, way2interested said:

Come on or it won't happen.

I was about to say "fuck it.. .I'm gonna say it" LMAO

5 minutes ago, wonderwall said:

C6_zoTAVsAAQXRj.jpg

Olicity in Lian Yu? 

PLEASE?!!??!?

COME ONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

• Love 8
1 minute ago, apinknightmare said:

Since Chase is still working as DA, he's going to make sure Felicity gets arrested for what she's doing to help Oliver, yeah?

Seems like it but I would think those would be federal terrorism crimes.  How do you get out of that?

9 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

Seems like it but I would think those would be federal terrorism crimes.  How do you get out of that?

At the end of the season, Lyla makes her an operative for ARGUS (and leaves her alone so she can work with the GA)? 

• Love 5
(edited)
8 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

I don't know, mostly because I don't think Chase is behind Helix.

I think Helix is more about Felicity realizing their are limits to things that could/should be done. I also think this is paralleling Oliver's story (in reverse) with Oliver being more open/trusting while Felicity is becoming sketchy (like Oliver S1)

I think the end of this dark arc is Felicity realizing she's gone to far and also realizing how dangerous Helix is (doing bad things on a global level). I think it ends with Felicity destroying Helix.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 3
5 minutes ago, Thundercatmary said:

Can we trade Oliver for Chase? :p

I wonder if Lyla/Argus gets a heads up or something that Felicity will be arrested and she warns her? 

Oliver is not a psychopath...so no., LOL

• Love 7
12 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I think Helix is more about Felicity realizing their are limits to things that could/should be done. I also think this is paralleling Oliver's story (in reverse) with Oliver being more open/trusting while Felicity is becoming sketchy (like Oliver S1)

I think the end of this dark arc is Felicity realizing she's gone to far and also realizing how dangerous Helix is (doing bad things on a global level). I think it ends with Felicity destroying Helix.

Yeah. I'm leaning towards Chase not being behind Helix.  I like the rest of your theory, especially Felicity destroying them.  I keep reading people thinking she's going to be arrested but other than Lyla/ARGUS interfering I don't know how she would get out of it since it would be a federal crime.  Presidential pardon because of S4 and the missiles? LOL! 

Edited by Sunshine
  • Love 1

I just read a Natalie Abrams article where she claims that Susan has become invaluable to Oliver and this episode proved it (I wouldn't know, didn't watch). But they really are still pushing her as a good person. IDGI. Help me understand! Why introduce her as a shady snake if she's actually decent? She doesn't come across that way, fools.

Edited by Angel12d
16 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Oh, I didn't think he was necessarily behind it, but nailing Felicity for something that she did that helped Oliver seems like the kind of thing he'd do to push his "you ruin everyone's lives" narrative, which is why I figured he'd know about it and at least try putting her in jail for it. 

4 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

I just read a Natalie Abrams article where she claims that Susan has become invaluable to Oliver and this episode proved it (I wouldn't know, didn't watch). But they really are still pushing her as a good person. IDGI. Help me understand! Why introduce her as a shady snake if she's actually decent? She doesn't come across that way, fools.

Natalie Abrams was convinced that Oliver used Felicity as bait to save his one true love LL in 2x23. I wouldn't listen to Natalie Abrams.

• Love 16
3 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

I must have watched a different episode.  Nothing made her invaluable to Oliver.  I guess she could testify against Chase.  At this point it is probably he said vs she said.  She hasn't outed Oliver.  Why do either of those make her invaluable unless she's going to help restore Green Arrow's reputation? 

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

That is a totally bogus/spin view of Susan.  IMO. It doesn't match with what I saw in this episode.

• Love 4

Haha. I mean, I know Abrams talks nonsense all the time but I'm just wondering if Susan really is going to turn out to be "good" and Oliver was proven right? I truly wouldn't give it a second thought if they didn't keep pushing her so hard. It's so weird. 

Just now, Angel12d said:

Haha. I mean, I know Abrams talks nonsense all the time but I'm just wondering if Susan really is going to turn out to be "good" and Oliver was proven right? I truly wouldn't give it a second thought if they didn't keep pushing her so hard. It's so weird. 

She might stay "good" so that Oliver can be "right" but it just so isn't important to his character or storyline, lol.  

• Love 5
Just now, Angel12d said:

Yeah, tonight she showed what seemed like genuine concern for Oliver after he rescued her - she wasn't angry at him, just wanted to see Chase fry, so...yes, she's really going to turn out to be "good."

• Love 1