Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

(edited)
4 minutes ago, dtissagirl said:

I still sorta want some episode to end with Talia showing up and Chase going, "hi, mom."

The question is will her then turn to Oliver and say, "dad." And turns out flashpoint aged him just because this show is this show. lol

Edited by JJ928
  • Love 1
15 minutes ago, dtissagirl said:

And if Talia is Chase's mother, then Chase can look at Oliver and go, "did you know that you're my uncle?"

I need this.

Guggie please give it to me ... I need this like I need air 

• Love 1

We were told at SDCC that Oliver's true love is  Star City.  We were also told that the reporter represents the city.   He was appointed mayor originally after his inspirational speech about the city, then elected later.  Susan pursued him until 5.12.  Now look  at Susan's behavior in 5.14-5.15 alone.  When things aren't going her way she's anti-Oliver but the moment he gets her problems resolved she's all about him and his secret.  He was being impeached. Reporter thought he deserved it.The City is fickle. Sometimes he's seen as a villain. Sometimes he's a hero.  The city is "good" and worth saving.  It's just never going to be an unconditional kind of love.  We have hints that she may betray him again to Prometheus.

This whole post may sound dumb but she makes more sense to me as a metaphor for the city than as a real love interest. LOL 

• Love 9
23 minutes ago, YonkouProductions said:

Its an olicity ep with implications on Olicity going forward...

Hehe I'm really curious do you ship? 

At any rate thank you for the spoilers! I can't believethe range of emotions I've had in the last 2 days. 

Guys when is 520 airing?

25 minutes ago, dtissagirl said:

And if Talia is Chase's mother, then Chase can look at Oliver and go, "did you know that you're my uncle?"

I need this.

Wasn't there a crack theory floating around at one time that Susan was Talia's daughter?

We could have Chase telling Oliver;

'I know that you love siblings, but when I totally fuck you it won't include sex'.

• Love 1

Gawd I can't handle the stress! I just want to know if it's good or bad definitely so I can either send my husband away that night and celebrate like the crazy shipper that I am or have him home so I can wail about the woes of my shipping!

I think maybe we could still get @dtissagirl bubble episode theory of them trapped in a bunker and they talk their relationship out and the sex flash back comes up as part of the reminiscing. Yonku seems to be suggesting that they potentially reunite in this episode or close to so maybe this is an Angela/Hodgins stuck in a police cage and forced to talk situation. But you get to see the sexy times they reminisced over.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

Gawd I can't handle the stress! I just want to know if it's good or bad definitely so I can either send my husband away that night and celebrate like the crazy shipper that I am or have him home so I can wail about the woes of my shipping!

How about this.  In the EW interview Stephen didn't equivocate when asked if they could be a couple again.  He said yes. Something about mending fences.  It's tv. No trying to sell he's with the reporter now but never say never.  

• Love 3

It's kind of irrelevant to me whether there were moments during the season, even. This is staple network tv, staple CW shows, staple everything ever when you have a ~power couple involving your male lead in an ordinary show. Happy romantic moments happen either as the coda of the season, OR they happen right before ~shocking cliffhanger~ and/or tragegy strikes.

S1 did [bad] romance before tragedy with Laurel/Oliver

S2 and S3 did happy shippy coda with Oliver/Felicity

S4 did weird shit because they were told to stall ship

S5 is not gonna go any different. Because this show is weird as fuck, but by the gods of television, it follows standard tropes to a T.

• Love 7

I have to admit, I am cautiously optimistic. I wouldn't even need them to get back together right away. I just want to story to make sense. I want the reporter storyline to make sense and I want Oliver to be a little smarter or at least have a reason why he felt different. 

But I have to admit I am nevertheless curious now how it will turn out.  

• Love 4

The writers are lazy AF and recycle their own storylines/beats all the time. I can see if they were told to stall Olicity at the end of season 4,, they probably got together and decided, "Well, what did we do the last time we had to stall them for a season? Yeah, let's do that again, but switch Oliver and Felicity's roles!"

• Love 14
(edited)
9 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

The writers are lazy AF and recycle their own storylines/beats all the time. I can see if they were told to stall Olicity at the end of season 4,, they probably got together and decided, "Well, what did we do the last time we had to stall them for a season? Yeah, let's do that again, but switch Oliver and Felicity's roles!"

If this is the case (and yes I did notice the similarities) I want Oliver to tell Snoozan she is Jello.

And while he is at that I want him to be the one to actively end their relationship. Because this is something he has never done. It was always the other party that did the breaking up or he just ran away to much of a coward to end it.

Edited by Lily-n11
  • Love 8

Hey, Gang--I'm so glad to read about all of your emotional highs and lows in reaction to Olicity spoilers and the optimism everybody has that they'll get back together (whether you've always believed it or are just now allowing yourself to hope again)!   May I NEVER read sentences including any combination of "Susan Williams," "palate cleanser," and "NuCanary" AGAIN!  

• Love 9
10 minutes ago, EmeraldArcher said:

Hey, Gang--I'm so glad to read about all of your emotional highs and lows in reaction to Olicity spoilers and the optimism everybody has that they'll get back together (whether you've always believed it or are just now allowing yourself to hope again)!   May I NEVER read sentences including any combination of "Susan Williams," "palate cleanser," and "NuCanary" AGAIN!  

rA_rhLZ2iF4YZeQoQPrTTYJuWRfOqGmkddtpLvzf

• Love 8

I'm ignoring everything else and waiting for my Olicity sex gifs. I hope this means we finally get a kiss with Oliver in his GA suit. I'll take what I can get! Haha. 

I love that the "Pandering to the shippers" is still a thing after all this time. tumblr_inline_nrg8hsIJiR1raprkq_500.gif

1 hour ago, lemotomato said:

"Lots of people angry, lots of people overjoyed" sounds really familiar. I could've sworn that's how a past episode was described too.

That's kind of how most episodes go, isn't it?

• Love 15
34 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

Excuse you. Thats not lazy. Thats letting the characters walk in each others shoes, Parrallels y'all. :p

• Love 2
3 hours ago, wonderwall said:

I don't mind that it's a flashback. 

• Them having sex and just getting back together is just too fast for where they are at right now. I'd much prefer a kiss in present day
  • If they had sex, we'd run the risk of Felicity saying she's not ready. ESPECIALLY this quickly after her going down her dark path
  • This leaves time for them to grow back together instead of banging and boom they're together again
  • They wouldn't just show a full on sex scene without them making movement in the present
  • Stephen started saying that maybe fences can be mended... And you know he toes the company line. So good things are coming. But also - it's a process. They might be taking their time to mend fences
  • I don't mind them slipping up in the past. At least it shows me that they never stopped really feeling things for one another (especially Felicity), in vino veritas and all that. And maybe because Felicity slipped up, that's what probably made her force herself to move on because she knew it would probably happen again if she didn't at least try to move on (does that make sense?)

The part in bold was what a present day scene would have risked, and it was a huge risk.  A flashback lets us now fast track to when they are ready or almost ready.  

I think what the flashback is going to accomplish (apart from the gift of gifs) is spelling out the specific obstacle to them getting back together and hopefully in the same episode in the present, we'll be given a progress update to how close we are to the obstacle being hurdled.  Or if the universe is feeling very generous, letting them leap right over it. (Only for something outside their relationship to get in the way)   

• Love 4

I like the idea that the flashback will, hopefully, parallel their present day discussion. You never know with this show, but I would hope they wouldn't throw in a rando flashback sexytimes for no reason. 

Then they will reunite, I will rejoice, and hopefully end this season on a high note after being in the Upside Down for 20-some episodes.

• Love 19
10 minutes ago, calliope1975 said:

I like the idea that the flashback will, hopefully, parallel their present day discussion. You never know with this show, but I would hope they wouldn't throw in a rando flashback sexytimes for no reason. 

Then they will reunite, I will rejoice, and hopefully end this season on a high note after being in the Upside Down for 20-some episodes.

Let's join hands. Prayer circle.

2 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Given that Oliver was so hopeful in 5x01, and continued to be so till Felicity shuts him down in 5x05, it's doubtful they had a conversation about ending it.   

I think I would feel better about this if in present day they talked about the conversation they had in the flashback and Felicity and possibly Oliver explained what they were thinking.

It explains why he wants to move on himself. But it doesn't was explained why he so badly wants to be in a serious relationship with a woman that both Thea and Lance warned him against and which had so many red flags about it.

To be fair, Chase is a lot smarter than either Slade or Ra's al Ghul.

I don't think Oliver's relationship with Susan is serious serious, just that he's clinging to it like a merit badge he's trying to earn or proof that he's not who Prometheus says he is.  I just don't think his actions reflect feelings toward Susan personally.  She just happened to be the one there to fill the position when he both wanted to try and move on and get out of his head about Prometheus and at the same time prove to himself and Prometheus he didn't destroy lives.   That's what IMO explains his choices with his relationship with Susan.  (That and plot induced stupidity, a chronic condition he has each year around this time)

Felicity will very likely say after the flashback sexy times that it was a mistake but she'll also probably mention things like her feelings haven't changed or she wishes they could just go back to what they were and while she is emphasizing that nothing had changed and she didn't know how it would, Oliver ended up focused on just the positive things and start hoping, even if everything else she said was shutting them down. And I wouldn't thing worse of either of them for coming away with a different headspace from their encounter.  

I think that while a flashback at the early part of the season would have better served explaining who the characters were and what their motivations were, I think setting it now so late in the season,  it gets to serve a different purpose.  Yes, shine some light on the earlier season, but by showing it now after they've already had time to walk their separate paths, it doesn't have to be the downer it otherwise would have been. Now it can be part of them moving forward, back to each other since bring in it all up only makes sense if going their separate ways hadn't been working.  

If we'd had a flashback scene at the start of the season to Felicity again deciding not to be with Oliver and then going out and getting involved with Mayo and ALSO the 505 conversation, I'd have been much more inclined to think they were just over.  That would have been a lot of time spent hammering home that they were done on top of the many break up conversations last season.  

Now the only logical narrative purpose IMO to the flashback is to bring focus back to their relationship and give them a chance in the present to pivot from the past but also to stall the big glorious reunion for the season finale.  

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, calliope1975 said:

I will legit eat a dirty ass old shoe if they don't reunite by the end of the season. 

AND IF I'M WRONG (WHICH I WON'T BE) EATING THAT SHOE WON'T BE MY BIGGEST PROBLEM. 

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, wonderwall said:

I will legit eat a dirty ass old shoe if they don't reunite by the end of the season. 

AND IF I'M WRONG (WHICH I WON'T BE) EATING THAT SHOE WON'T BE MY BIGGEST PROBLEM. 

So we still get a COME ONNNNNN ?

2 minutes ago, wonderwall said:

We eat hats and shoes here now. Haha. ;P

Just now, Angel12d said:

We eat hats and shoes here now. Haha. ;P

The hats are for novices. Shoes are for pros lol

1 minute ago, LeighAn said:

So we still get a COME ONNNNNN ?

um of course :) Be on the lookout

• Love 3
Just now, catrox14 said:

Is it me or is Dinah starting to look more and more like Laurel?

DON'T. It's creepy enough as it is.

Also, yes.

25 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

Now the only logical narrative purpose IMO to the flashback is to bring focus back to their relationship and give them a chance in the present to pivot from the past but also to stall the big glorious reunion for the season finale.  

Yeah, I'm thinking this might be the writers trying to spoon-feed back all of Olicity's issues back to the screen to solve them all at once. Like, the audience can't remember what their issues are unless they specifically spell them out (sarcasm), so the show needs to show/tell what they are right before they fix them, basically like an extended and more detailed "Previously On Arrow" so a reconciliation doesn't come out of nowhere (depending on how 516-519 go).

10 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

So Olicity trapped in the bunker in their pseudo-bottle episode while the rest of the team+Lyla plan to go after Prometheus possibly?

• Love 6

Yeah.....

Im sorry Noobs but I officially dont care about anything in 5x20 thats not related to sex #sorrynotsorry

On that note it does look like the theory that Oliver and Felicity are seperated from the rest of the team because they are on the run or trapped in a bunker is not disproven yet.

• Love 4

Wendy Stanzler directing 520 makes me a bit optimistic that she'll be able to bring more out of both Stephen and Emily, especially if they're doing some heavy emotional scenes. She's been with Arrow since S1. I keep wondering if having a lot of first-time Arrow directors this season contributed to some scenes, line readings, acting choices being off. 

Edited by SmallScreenDiva
  • Love 12
4 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

I keep wondering if having a lot of first-time Arrow directors this season contributed to some scenes, line readings, acting choices being off. 

Oh I do think that was a part of it (along with a combination of a few things). Plus, a bunch of the newer directors were people from within who aren't primarily directors (editors, DPs, Stunt coordinators), who usually have more insight into the art of acting.

• Love 4

Friends, some of y'all are making your mod very grumpy.  

For what history teaches me will not be the last time:  

DO NOT insult other fans, express value judgments about their views or speculate on their mental health.   I don't care if they say "Felicity is a buck toothed skank with the charisma of a pineapple.  I hope they kill her off."   It's rude and not cool to tell other people how to enjoy a show.  

I've had to hand out some warnings and I really would like to avoid escalation.   Please self-moderate. 

And now, because I need something happier to cleanse the palate, I give you Fiona the Baby Hippo learning to use a ramp:

• Love 10