Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

5 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

I see Kapot and I'll I can think is "kaput"...as in done and over. LOL

When someone says kaput all i can think is winter coat ... since that is the meaning of that word in my language. 

10 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

Same.

So a flashback heavy episode that's nuts and in Russia.  Is this where the hockey rink comes in?  I really hope we get a slow, mincing stepped chase across the ice with everyone slipping and falling as they try to go.  

And just because thinking of falling on ice reminded me of it:  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nHnQQhWQVA

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 4
19 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

When someone says kaput all i can think is winter coat ... since that is the meaning of that word in my language. 

17 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

Same.

Where are you guys from? Because, same.

Oliver told Tommy to fight for Laurel and slept with her himself in the same episode. Thea and Roy broke up, reconciled, and broke up again in a few episodes (the latter two events in the same episode). Oliver broke up with Sara and told Felicity he loved her within four or five episodes. Oliver and Felicity went on their first date and preemptively broke up in one episode. Felicity broke up with Ray, told Oliver she loves him, and slept with him in the same episode. Oliver fake-killed Felicity and drove into the sunset with her in two episodes. This show moves FAST.

Susan still being around in 516 or so, assuming she's sticking around as Oliver's LI and not an antagonist, which we don't know, does not definitively shut down any possibility of Oliver and Tina having...something. (Which I am not saying will happen. I'm interested in seeing whether she's announced as an S6 regular and what the overall response to her is.)

• Love 6
7 minutes ago, bijoux said:

Where are you guys from? Because, same.

I'm in Minnesota.  The population has a lot of Scandinavian heritage, some German (and more recently Somalian and Mung).  So maybe kaput meaning finished, done, worn out, broken is Nordic?  

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 1
50 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

When I Googled this morning that's the exact answer I got Kapot is Dutch while Kaput is German and they have the same meaning. 

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

Bosnian/Slovene mixed. 

Yup, neighbors. :)

Just now, LeighAn said:

:( I'm so jealous by this conversation me who has tried to learn other languages but fails miserably.

Come on, we all like you. ;)

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, bijoux said:

Yup, neighbors. :)

Come on, we all like you. ;)

Haha

I took lessons in Japanese and Italian in high school where the only thing Ive  remembered is how to say "my name is" in Italian and count to five in Japanese.

Then I had to take Beginners French as part of my university course requirements and after I realised everyone in my "beginners" French class already spoke fluent French and I was the only idiot who couldn't speak a word I spent the year mainly reading magazines in the back of class while my tutor wasn't watching I'm ashamed to admit. 

For real, I honestly admire people who are multilingual. 

• Love 2

Just had a thought, if the new Canary actress is tweeting pro GA/BC romance articles, does that mean there is something in the scripts already?

Because if they are platonic then you'd assume there was no need for her to try and support that notion. 

Edited by Mellowyellow
11 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

Because if they are platonic then you'd assume there was no need for her to try and support that notion. 

Of course there is. I'm not sure how much screen time she has so far, but as of now she's recurring with the option to be a regular, and becoming the lead's LI would presumably secure more screen time for her. I'm pretty sure that's why Katie kept pushing it long after that ship hit the iceberg. 

• Love 9
14 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

Just had a thought, if the new Canary actress is tweeting pro GA/BC romance articles, does that mean there is something in the scripts already?

Probably trying to get positive press and highlighting it. 

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

It was tweeted specifically to her and was an article talking about how her character is the greatest and implied she was single Handedly going to make it the greatest comic show ever..... So she retweeted it. 

I'd be surprised if she looked to deeply into it since she deleted it after it was brought to her attention that the article was dismissive of Felicity of which she was unaware. I'm going out on a limb to say that she either didn't read it but tweeted it because it was an article complementing her or skim read it. 

Soon enough we will find out what the writer intentions are in that regard anyway.

• Love 7
17 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

Or she knows that the chances of her getting a regular contract in S6 depends on people liking her as BC and that only goes up if she's a LI/Ship Tease position so an article about GA/BC forever is in her best interests to share around. And hey Felicity/EBR already knocked the "destined LI" off the spot to become leading lady, theoretically it can be done again. No idea if she actually read the article or not and it probably wasn't malicious intended. This is also her biggest gig to date and she probably isn't used to fandom wars/arguments very much

Edited by Featherhat
  • Love 5
Just now, Velocity23 said:

Probably trying to get positive press and highlighting it. 

And yet the article got deleted and the only buzz around it is people talking about Felicity and the author defending himself. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, LeighAn said:

I'm going out on a limb to say that she either didn't read it but tweeted it because it was an article complementing her or skim read it. 

Yeah, I'm guessing she retweeted it because the guy who wrote it specifically @ replied her, and she wanted to acknowledge it. And it was good "press" for her. 

• Love 4
Just now, LeighAn said:

And yet the article got deleted and the only buzz around it is people talking about Felicity and the author defending himself. 

If the actress didn't read the article and thought it was basically praise for her character, she probably thought it was safe to RT it. Grant Gustin once RT an article praising his show but was craping on the character of Iris. As soon as he found out he deleted it. 

• Love 6

I know that I skimmed half and then stopped reading that article because it was boring, so I wouldn't fault her for doing the same.

And being a love interest to the main character means you are more tied to his story which means more screentime, so angling for that role would be smart for an actress trying to get established, even if they haven't already started seeding the BC/GA scenes with "sexual tension".

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, thegirlsleuth said:

And being a love interest to the main character means you are more tied to his story which means more screentime, so angling for that role would be smart for an actress trying to get established, even if they haven't already started seeding the BC/GA scenes with "sexual tension".

Unless the writers have no intention of going there and have already planned out how they gonna resolve the heros love situation. Then it would turn out to be another KC situation, where an actress goes against what the producers are pushing. 

Edited by Velocity23
  • Love 7
31 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

Even if there isn't, I'm sure they gave her some idea of the direction they hope to take her character. In this case I'm giving her the benefit of the doubt because lord knows I've accidentally tweeted articles without reading all the way to the end and then regretted it. 

That being said, there's a tiny part of me that thinks most actors are pretty narcissistic and when they're first starting out they devour everything that's being written about them (especially right after their big debut). If she did read the whole thing, her RTing an article claiming Tina is Oliver's romantic destiny isn't making me feel great. I can't imagine her being brand new and already feeling confident enough to preach her own head canon a la KC.

Either way, it shocks me that the CW never seems to provide social media training to the newbs - or even warn them about fandom wars. Tyler Ritter seemed to be the only one who really got it. 

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

Unless the writers have no intention of going there and have already planned out how they gonna resolve the heros love situation. Then it would turn out to be another KC situation, where an actress goes against what the producers are pushing. 

I agree.  I guess it is just a matter whether all the producers talk about how you can't have Green Arrow without Black Canary involves romance or not--could go either way.

Just now, thegirlsleuth said:

I agree.  I guess it is just a matter whether all the producers talk about how you can't have Green Arrow without Black Canary involves romance or not--could go either way.

At this point they wouldn't tell her to do it no matter their plans regarding GA/BC. Because they have another agenda and that is to sell Susan/Oliver as an actual relationship where both of them will go all in.  This plot is the most important to push forward because they want to have their twist of surprise when they reveal Susan has been working with a bad man or woman.  Its like when all of the sudden SA in s2 started saying that Oliver was not jealous of Barry/Felicity once they started on the Sara/Oliver hook-up plans. 

So it sounds more like the actress was tagged she felt flattered and RT it. 

• Love 6
7 minutes ago, Trisha said:

Tyler Ritter seemed to be the only one who really got it. 

Did he though?

He gave an interview where he said he'd received death threats from Olicity fans, when they'd only been supportive of him the actor and the clarified after "oops I totally meant people wanted my fictional character to die and was only joking when I lumped and accused an entire fandom  of sending me personal death threats to the point that one of the writers on the show thought I was actually being serious"

• Love 4
17 minutes ago, LeighAn said:

He gave an interview where he said he'd received death threats from Olicity fans, when they'd only been supportive of him the actor and the clarified after "oops I totally meant people wanted my fictional character to die and was only joking when I lumped and accused an entire fandom  of sending me personal death threats to the point that one of the writers on the show thought I was actually being serious"

I dunno - when you watch the video of that interview I always thought he was clearly joking/exaggerating. People really went off on him for it but personally I never found it to be that bad. (Then again, I also don't find the article that JH RT'd to be trashing Felicity any more than I what expect at this point from an obviously biased comic fanboy. I'm much more concerned about her sharing it because of the the GA + BC 4eva stuff in it - especially since her apology implies she read it.)

• Love 6
53 minutes ago, Trisha said:

Even if there isn't, I'm sure they gave her some idea of the direction they hope to take her character. In this case I'm giving her the benefit of the doubt because lord knows I've accidentally tweeted articles without reading all the way to the end and then regretted it. 

I legit did that yesterday, so I cannot condemn her. She withdrew the retweet and apologized, pretty darn quickly.

• Love 5

Seeing that Kelly Hu is back in 17 I still want to stay on the spec of a Dark BOP lite team up for Felicitys dark arch. Either that or Prometheus is reaching out to old Green Arrow villains  

• Love 3

I wonder if the hockey game is partly for SA's sake.  Something fun for the show.  (Also, the Canada/Russia games are a very big deal for Canadians.)

Capot: the taking by one player of all the tricks of a deal, as in piquet. --- I know this isn't the meaning they're referring to, but it would make for an interesting story.

• Love 2

Looks like Evelyn is coming back: (via TV Line). Redemption arc?

Have we seen the last of Evelyn/Artemis on Arrow? She was my favorite of the new recruits (betrayal notwithstanding!). —Jonny
Actually, when I last spoke to Wendy Mericle, the Arrow scribes were in the midst of hashing out a return scenario for Little Miss Benedict Arnold. “We have a really cool, exciting twist for how she’s going to reappear,” the EP teased, noting: “The interesting thing about the choices Evelyn has made is that as much as she took the moral high ground when confronting Oliver, she has allied herself with someone who is even worse,” in Prometheus. “She’s gone from the frying pan into the fire.”

I'm curious about when that interview was given. It feels a little late in the season to do a full redemption arc. Of course it could be like Cooper. A one episode, turn the corner for good and die in the process.

It'll probably just be a one episode thing to wrap up her storyline, I guess? Her betrayal was sort of dropped in there and then she was never seen again. I'm guessing she'll come back and see the error of her ways, probably while injured/dying at the hands of Prometheus or something.

But seriously though. Does everyone need a redemption arc? Can't some people just be bad and dumb? Haha.

59 minutes ago, wonderwall said:

Why anyone would waste a question on Evelyn is beyond me...

Probably want her to come back so Felicity or Thea can punch her lol. Probably wanna see the team blast her for being a huge hypocrite?

2 hours ago, insomniadreams88 said:

Please let them just ship Evelyn off after this. That girl should be in school. 

This.

I tend to thing that this is exactly what her redemption arc will end up being.  She'll realize she was a fool for siding with Prometheus and her escape could be going off to boarding school in Switzerland under a new identity where she'll have a chance of just being a normal human being.  She's always been too young and unstable for the life anyway.  She's done really terrible things but she did grow up in Damien Dahrk's cult with brainwashed parents so not sure I can completely hold her accountable.  

• Love 3

I'm going to (happily) live in denial until we see it play out on-screen. Rory's not going anywhere. Nope, not happening.

(But totally happening because if he's around past 5x12, he'd probably notice something's up with Felicity first and then they couldn't stretch out the team not knowing like they want to.) 

• Love 2