Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

Curtis has a gymnastics background and I thought some fighting thing.

Either way the character can do all because the comics say so.

I don't know how the show is going to convince me that Mr Terrific is needed. 

• Love 1

I think Curtis mentioned that he was an olympic athlete/medalist maybe in ?decathlon, mentioned that he still continues training/working out in the show, and in the bee episode, he did some crazy flips while running away from the bee, I think they set him up to be coordinated and athletic enough that he can pick up the fighting quickly.  I think in comics, he has t-spheres and a nanotech mask that helps him do all sorts of things.     

LoT has shown it can handle multiple fighters. Arrow can't.

With the addition of Mr. Terrific, Wild Dog, Vigilante and recurring Artemis, when Diggle comes back there will be seven fighters on Team Arrow, and maybe Malcolm when they want Barrowman (five/six of them men).  They proved through three seasons that they can't write for or do fight scenes for more then three.  Oh, joy. 

On 7/5/2016 at 10:21 AM, quarks said:

My major issue is something that I haven't seen anyone else bring up: I like our two current news reporters. They've been with us for four seasons now through major terrorist attacks and viruses and the city council just giving up and, if Felicity in season 4A is to be believed, a lack of decent sushi. Granted, they also haven't had to deal with exploding labs, nuclear bombs and (as many) metahumans, so I can kinda see the appeal, but I want to know: why are they still in Star City? Did they ever want to investigate the oddity of Ray's "death," happening as it did so soon after his VP decided to head off and see the world? Have they ever thought about doing in depth interviews with the few remaining Star City police officers? Are they hoping that a good interview/expose with the Green Arrow will win them a Pulitzer? What? I want to know.

Doesn't every reporter want the big scoop that will make them famous?  Anderson Cooper has to travel all over the world to find the stories, in Star(ling) City, they're all there.  Especially in December and May.

On 7/5/2016 at 10:47 AM, tv echo said:

I just don't understand why Star City would put up a Black Canary statue. 

Maybe it was part of the price Berlanti & co. had to pay to have Laurel be the one in the grave.

On 7/5/2016 at 2:31 PM, Morrigan2575 said:

I'm thinking they're keeping PT and that Echo and Felicity will work there. Not 100% sure how that will work out with Felicity getting fired as CEO.  As much as I wish it would happen, I don't see Felicity starting up her own tech company.

Maybe Felicity can steal Curtis away from PT and the two of them start up their own tech company. With her software skills and his hardware ones, they can start up a new company in Oliver's old campaign headquarters.

After all, neither of them really owe PT anything any more after Curtis was due to be fired and Felicity was let go.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Is it wrong that after reading that EK interview was great, suit him up and ship him off To LoT?

I wonder if they'll kill of hubby and that will serve 2 purposes, the first is a mask and the second is no ties to SC that allow him to join LoT timeship.

If so my condolences and bon voyage! I have never needed Curtis on Arrow and have been hoping his regular gig was just a contractual thing. I'm still hoping his screentime will be less than PB's and he is a regular.

2 hours ago, Password said:

Seconded. 

Thirded? Maybe just Ditto :)

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Is it wrong that after reading that EK interview was great, suit him up and ship him off To LoT?

I'd be fine with that.  I like EK, and Curtis might be an interesting addition to the Waverider crew.       

I can't remember which thread I read it in, but I'll put it here because of boyfriend spoiler. I get a little frustrated when people say that FS/EBR can have chemistry with anybody because for me it diminishes the chemistry between O/F that a found so powerful and appealing. I was extremely drawn in by their chemistry. I could have spent many episodes/seasons wondering when they would get together. Then the writers completely screwed us over and made them a full-blown couple - they had no intention of not messing with. I can not go back to rooting for them to be will they or won't they. We have been given filet, I will not go back to minced meat. I do not appreciate how the writers have since handled their chemistry and coupling. It has left a bitter taste in my mouth.

If they give FS a boyfriend, I'm resigned to it because I have to be. And even if I can find in character reasons for her to move on, I don't want it. I will not root for it. I hope they use it as a means to get O/F back together. But I will never be ok with it just because EBR is a charismatic actor. She spent s3 in a romantic relationship that to me had no chemistry and even the little sparks I saw were not enough to justify a whole season of that relationship. She then spent a good portion of s4 in a platonic relationship that had chemistry, but for me felt a little out of place on Arrow and too much about Curtis. It might have been a firework display of chemistry, doesn't mean it made for a good story for me.

SA/EBR chemistry for me is very special and powerful. It has overcome 4 seasons of bad writing, awkward for plot purposes manipulation and in the beginning no attention/focus. Sometimes it was the only thing working on the show. It was a beautiful mistake of fate. It is perhaps the most organic relationship on the show after OTA. And when EBR's potent chemistry with anybody gets mentioned as a reason it's ok for them to try new relationships on, for me it ruins one of the reasons that I found Arrow wonderful. Yes, I love that EBR/FS blends well into just about every plot & character arc, but what she had with SA/OQ for me was one of the unique elements of the show. I watch ARROW for OQ's journey, but make no mistake O/F as a functional happy couple is what keeps me invested in the show since the writers have lost a lot of what made OQ's journey worthwhile to watch.

• Love 10
3 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Maybe Felicity can steal Curtis away from PT and the two of them start up their own tech company. With her software skills and his hardware ones, they can start up a new company in Oliver's old campaign headquarters.

After all, neither of them really owe PT anything any more after Curtis was due to be fired and Felicity was let go.

Due to this set photo, I believe Felicity will have something to do with PT in the premiere. The outfit is quintessential CEO Felicity. Whether it's like Oliver vying for QC in 301 or something more, it's impossible for me to tell at the moment. Or maybe she's going to meet Walter at SC National to talk funding for her new company. I will keep pitchig ways to bring Walter back as long as I'm following this show.

• Love 3
(edited)

Maybe ARGUS/the government gives Felicity a written pass.  "Please excuse Felicity's absence from Palmer Tech.  She was helping us save the world from nuclear destruction."  xoxo POTUS

How could the board refuse to reinstate her?   I guess she could have started her own company with Curtis's help as revenge using her PT stock as collateral.   

Edited by Sunshine
  • Love 7
14 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

Maybe ARGUS/the government gives Felicity a written pass.  "Please excuse Felicity's absence from Palmer Tech.  She was helping us save the world from nuclear destruction."  xoxo POTUS

You're probably kidding but I've wondered about that, too, LOL!

@bijoux, that was my reaction seeing Emily's outfit in that BTS photo as well. Add a blazer and she's PT ready. In fact, it looks very similar to what Felicity wore in the second ep when she met with the board.

• Love 1

I figured the loss of PT was temporary - just to set up the caper in 4.22 - when Diggle said something along the lines of getting the company back and she said if not she was open to revenge plans.

Regarding SA and trolling at HVFF.  He said Oliver and Felicity are not together but marriage IS on Oliver's mind.  He also mentioned loving Nyssa and Katrina Law and joking about coming home to her making pasta or pancakes.  

My 1st thought was "Flashpoint" was going to affect Arrow and O&F were never together romantically.  Thus the description of their relationship in S2 as the S5 status.  Oliver and Nyssa try to make a go of their LOA marriage. Felicity's boyfriend is Ray Palmer. (Might explain his "No Comment" regarding if anyone from LOT would be in the premiere.)  Barry isn't the Flash so no one from Arrow is affected by Vandal Savage. The Legend's team never materializes.  IIRC, LOT and SG both start production a week  after Arrow & Flash and premiere a week later too.  This would allow some of their characters to be on Arrow and/or Flash. SG and/or LOT helps Barry to see the error of his ways.  By the end of Arrow 5.1 everything is back to normal for both shows. Major crossover with 4 shows is done! 

My 2nd thought was they are going to address the Al-Sahim/Nyssa marriage.  Reporter is coming from afar to investigate the former playboy turned mayor.  Why? Maybe she's heard rumors. Green Arrow, Bratva connections, child out-of-wedlock, marriage?  It's certainly not like Nyssa wasn't running all over Star City screaming husband through out S4.  Oliver addressed her as wife under the LOA as his right to fight for her against Malcolm. Maybe LOA members gossip when they have nothing better to do. 

Lucky for me I am wrong 99.99% of the time.  

I find spoilers at this time of year to be often very different from what we often end up seeing on-screen. The "Year of Diggle" didn't really start till the end of the season when the Andy stuff heated up, and fortunately the threatened love affair with Poppy never came to pass.

51 minutes ago, looptab said:

Is that the "Diggle comes back" story?  If he's writing it now, that would make it episode 5x03 or 5x04.

• Love 3
13 hours ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

You're probably kidding but I've wondered about that, too, LOL!

@bijoux, that was my reaction seeing Emily's outfit in that BTS photo as well. Add a blazer and she's PT ready. In fact, it looks very similar to what Felicity wore in the second ep when she met with the board.

I think that is a blazer pushed down to her upper arm. It's tangerine.

7 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Is that the "Diggle comes back" story?  If he's writing it now, that would make it episode 5x03 or 5x04.

503 is already written,  he could be talking about 504. That doesn't mean Diggle isn't back until 504, last year Oliver came back in 401 but the Oliver/Diggle "deal with their issues" episode was 403.  

With the way Arrow over stuffs their premiere episodes, it's possible Diggle returns in 501/502 but they hold off on the Dig/Oliver bonding scene until 503/504 when they need to fill the "slow time" before sweeps.

• Love 1

Maybe 504ish is when Dig has a break down or starts going off on his own as was Oliver's wont. So building on the end of last season, Oliver and Dig change roles.

3 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

Well.

That sucks. 

Take solace in the fact that what made him suck on Arrow were his connections to the characters (of which none of it made sense). He could easily work well with a new group of people who have no connection to him? I guess?

• Love 1

Now they can twist all shows to accommodate Malcolm. Yeah!

I need someone to explain this character to me and point out the massive success of this character because I don't get it at all. I enjoy Barrowman but he isn't worth this.

• Love 7

No, I'm sorry, but I am just done with Malcolm.  The only news that could cause me more dismay is that they were bringing Laurel back somehow on one of the shows (other than as a flashback).  

• Love 1
Just now, Starfish35 said:

No, I'm sorry, but I am just done with Malcolm.  The only news that could cause me more dismay is that they were bringing Laurel back somehow on one of the shows (other than as a flashback).  

Fair enough :)

Either that or the Hawks lol

Just now, AyChihuahua said:

At least the Hawks are just stupid themselves. Malcolm makes everyone around him stupid.

Malcolm made everyone stupid.

Laurel made everyone incompetent. 

lol

• Love 6
(edited)

No, Laurel coming back would be worse than the Hawks coming back.  

It might be a toss-up on them or Malcolm though.  I'll have to think about that. Lol.

Edit: AyChihuahua makes a good point.  Malcom wins.  

Edited by Starfish35
(edited)

Yeah...no. I like the idea of this 'regular across all shows' thing, but I just don't see how Malcolm will fit elsewhere. I can perhaps see him getting up to some stuff on The Flash, but if he steps anywhere near LoT I'd imagine he'd have to be in a different timezone than Sara because surely she'd kill him in seconds? I'm having a difficult time imagining Merlyn on Supergirl.

The floating regular really should be someone like Amanda Waller or Lyla. The head of an agency, someone who can pop up anywhere and have it seem natural, like they're just there doing their job and dealing with a particular problem. Should be interesting to see how Captain Cold and Merlyn are used across the various shows though...I suppose.

Edited by manbearpig
  • Love 5

Ugh. We'll never be free of Malcolm! I'll never see him stabbed in the neck! Why won't my dream come true?! *cries*

Though that actually makes it sound like they haven't got much of a place for him on Arrow anymore but don't want to lose Malcolm/JB so have given him the option for being on all shows whenever needed. So hopefully we'll see less of him. Tbh his whole role last season was absolutely pointless. 

(edited)

How long before Sara is saying that she can't kill her friend's 'father'? Before the end of the year even Supergirl won't send Malcolm to Fort Roz or whatever because no prison can hold him! Allegedly. Barry is as dumb or dumber than Oliver so Malcolm should have no problem there...

Edited by manbearpig
  • Love 9
1 minute ago, wonderwall said:

How much does everyone want to be that Sara won't be able to overpower Malcolm for whatever inane reason? I mean Nyssa couldn't... Only Oliver could for some ridiculous reason

If they do that I will be pissed. LoT has made Sara an even better fighter than she was on Arrow. Plus she's fresh from her extra 2 years of League training. 

• Love 1
(edited)

Damnit, now they'll never kill him!

On the bright side it means less MM on Arrow...so yay!

I could be wrong but this Berlantiverse deal strikes me more as a billing/money arrangement. Like it's cheaper to lock him into this deal then pay him the Special Guest Star rate.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 13

Just want to say that forever ago I called Malcolm being a floater between the shows. I was kind of hoping Oliver and Malcolm would get a long real battle just between them , cat and mouse etc and Oliver kills him at the end of the season. Who knows.

• Love 1
47 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I could be wrong but this Berlantiverse deal strikes me more as a billing/money arrangement. Like it's cheaper to lock him into this deal then pay him the Special Guest Star rate.

Ding! We have a winner :)

• Love 2

I don't think it's for cheaper, I think it locks him in so they don't lose him. Not being signed as  regular means he can go sign a regular gig with a different network. This way he's locked in.

2 hours ago, catrox14 said:

Just want to say that forever ago I called Malcolm being a floater between the shows. I was kind of hoping Oliver and Malcolm would get a long real battle just between them , cat and mouse etc and Oliver kills him at the end of the season. Who knows.

Long ago I was with you on that prediction. :) He was my original floater. This is the first spoiler of s5 that is actually making me happy, instead of filled with dread or resignation.

I'm fine with MM being a floater, besides dying he has worn out his welcome on Arrow. There is nothing left for him to do on Arrow and its too soon for MM in the writers eyes. His death is planned for the 6th season or however long SA's original contract was. And I want MM's death to be something special and its just not possible for him to get that in s5. But meanwhile he is clogging up all the major arcs on Arrow. He needs space to do something else.

I can see him blending in well on Supergirl, especially if they need someone to replace the loss of Cat. And do we know if Peter Facinelli renewed his contract? Supergirl needs a grey character to antagonize SG & co.

I would love to see the Flash get someone to go against Harrison Wells. Plus BA is going to need another father figure to help him through this season.

I don't see him fitting in on the Waverider. But I could see an extended arc, where they are stuck in a certain year and MM is their enemy.

• Love 2
26 minutes ago, Artsda said:

I don't think it's for cheaper, I think it locks him in so they don't lose him. Not being signed as  regular means he can go sign a regular gig with a different network. This way he's locked in.

I don't know if its cheaper or not, but it probably spreads his money across the 4 budgets. So it's cheaper for Arrow, but probably about the same price tag. Either way it locks him in and that is probably more important to TPTB than the actual price tag. And if Arrow doesn't have to foot the entire bill, maybe we'll have money for other stuff this season.

• Love 4

Ah, I remembered someone being my compadre on that idea @kismet. I'm fine with him being a floater as long as he's still mucking with Oliver in a way that finally makes Oliver get over his issues with killing him.

• Love 1