Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

It is kind of interesting.  The May sweeps period is April 23-May20.  3.20 airs April 22 so only Arrow's final 3 episodes fall in that period. It also makes me wonder if this is why they bumped Flash back a week earlier - so it would have 4 shows in sweeps.  

Well, if the trend quarks cited out a couple of months back about how episodes shown after one that indicates good times for OIiver and Felicity almost always rise,  then 3x21, the first ep that's part of the sweeps would be in a good position to grab great ratings -- if Olicity sex happens in 3x20.

At about 55 seconds into the promo there is a woman walking with a red-tipped cane?  walking stick?  Not a comics person, so is there a blind character it might be? 

Is it a cane? I thought it was the tip of a sword and I was thinking that's Tatsu. There's another shot after, I think, where whoever is holding the item, is running it across a man's chest/stomach. Maybe Akio's been kidnapped at this point and Tatsu is trying to get info? That was my impression of those two very quick scenes.

(edited)

So there's a theory going around that Thea is the one who's going to die and then she's going to be brought back via the LP? Hmm It makes sense if it were her because Oliver would literally do anything to save her. 

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 4

So there's a theory going around that Thea is the one who's going to die and then she's going to be brought back via the LP?

That's been the going theory for awhile.  It had to be either Felicity or Thea, and I can't see why Malcolm would be there for Felicity.

• Love 2
(edited)

Wasn't MG saying 3.21 wasn't great for Olicity shippers?

He is a big fat Troll though so I will believe there are Sexytimes in 3.21. No way they would keep this outside of Sweeps.

Oliver is Calling himself "Al Saheim, Wori Al Ghul" or "Ollie Al Ghul"

I watched the sizzle reel again multiple times for research you know.... Anyway it does sound like he says Al Saheim Roy Al Ghul. So it doesn't look good for Roy, he's definitely getting critically injured if not dead. Think the hospital scene will be OQ visiting Roy. Although fingers crossed he's just acknowledging his sacrifice by surrendering to the cops. Still think its gonna be Thea that is LP, I like what people said earlier about the woman being a priestess, it does seem very ceremonial what they are doing and as mentioned above (although missed it myself) both OQ & MM are holding the ropes. I also seriously do not believe that they will bring Sara back from dead via LP, if only because MG's hubris/ego will not allow for them to admit that they made a mistake in killing off Sara. I believe it was external forces (not MG) that want CL back on TV in the spin-off, so it'll probably be something they create that brings her back & not an Arrow canon/mythology thing. But yeah like others mentioned, almost no Diggle in this sizzle. That's not worrisome considering what they have said about s4. But I do wonder, where the hell is Diggle? Unless maybe he's on a secret mission that will then help Oliver take down LoA, so he'll be scarce in 19-21/2, but then come back in 22-23.

Edited by kismet
  • Love 1
(edited)

So there's a theory going around that Thea is the one who's going to die and then she's going to be brought back via the LP? Hmm It makes sense if it were her because Oliver would literally do anything to save her. 

That's why I'm leaning toward Thea get LP'd as well. That line about doing "anything" for his sister has to come back, right? Now wondering what it is Felicity is going to ask him to do. Because I don't think we're done with that one even though a lot of Tumblr GIFs are pointing to Oliver's line in 3x16 about not really looking at what he was accomplishing in the city until Felicity asked him about it.

Oh, and I really, really hope it's not Sara being LP'd. They can bring her back in the spinoff just fine. I don't need to see that happen on this show. Let's focus on the characters that are still alive on "Arrow." After last night, I've had enough of the Lances -- even Quentin. Only my great love for Paul Blackthorne is preventing me from praying every single one of them leave the show.

Edited by SmallScreenDiva
  • Love 2

That's why I'm leaning toward Thea get LP'd as well. That line about doing "anything" for his sister has to come back, right? Now wondering what it is Felicity is going to ask him to do. Because I don't think we're done with that one even though a lot of Tumblr GIFs are pointing to Oliver's line in 3x16 about not really looking at what he was accomplishing in the city until Felicity asked him about it.

Yeah, I wondered that earlier. 

Hopefully she asks him to do something awesome like do whatever he has to systematically dismantle the League from within and then come home to her. 

I watched the sizzle reel again multiple times for research you know.... Anyway it does sound like he says Al Saheim Roy Al Ghul.

Probably Ro'y al Ghul. 

Also, that eye looked like Thea's to me.

• Love 2

He is a big fat Troll though so I will believe there are Sexytimes in 3.21. No way they would keep this outside of Sweeps.

I think Felicity goes back to SC by the end of 321, and Oliver stays in NP, so maybe that's the bad part?

But the sex scene has to be either 320 or 321. After that Stephen had the buzz cut. 321 gets my vote because May Sweeps. :)

I watched the sizzle reel again multiple times for research you know.... Anyway it does sound like he says Al Saheim Roy Al Ghul. So it doesn't look good for Roy, he's definitely getting critically injured if not dead. Think the hospital scene will be OQ visiting Roy. Although fingers crossed he's just acknowledging his sacrifice by surrendering to the cops. 

Lol thanks! Roy Al Ghul make much more sense but it is definitely ominous for Roy.

The eye looks so much like Sara's even if it doesn't seem as blue as I remember.

• Love 1
(edited)

Is it a cane? I thought it was the tip of a sword and I was thinking that's Tatsu. There's another shot after, I think, where whoever is holding the item, is running it across a man's chest/stomach. Maybe Akio's been kidnapped at this point and Tatsu is trying to get info? That was my impression of those two very quick scenes.

Are there swords that are red and white?  I guess it could be a sword stick.

ETA: blood and weird lighting - I obviously know nothing about weapons. :-)  Completely changes the way you interpret how the woman is holding it out in front as she walked.

Edited by tessaray

Oliver is Calling himself "Al Saheim, Wori Al Ghul" or "Ollie Al Ghul"

On youtube someone mentioned that the word he is saying in front of Al Ghul is Warith, which google says means The Heir or The Inheritor of All in Arabic. So Oliver is calling himself "Al Saheim, Warith Al Ghul, heir to the demon.

• Love 2

I think Felicity goes back to SC by the end of 321, and Oliver stays in NP, so maybe that's the bad part?

But the sex scene has to be either 320 or 321. After that Stephen had the buzz cut. 321 gets my vote because May Sweeps. :)

Sex Scene could start in 3.20 and continue in 3.21. Rating Gold!!

• Love 4

Could this all be as simple as a rematch?  Nyssa and Oliver get a rebellion going (she probably has her own followers, right?)  And then Oliver challenges Ra's, which he can probably do anytime, really.  At this point he's just the Heir, he's not Ra's until Ra's is dead.  I just personally don't see how he'd beat Ra's in a one-on-one battle now, after just a little more training, but this show is wildly inconsistent and has strongly implied that Oliver lost to Ra's because of his humanity or whatever bullcrap.  So a big battle scene in NP and this time Oliver wins and hands the LOA to Nyssa?  I'd think maybe he gets back to Starling and Felicity is missing, but not sure how that would work with comics.  Really any big cliffhanger is lessened, because it would have to be addressed in the comics, and they did Felicity-kidnapped in the comics last time.

I think, lovely sex scene notwithstanding, I'll still wait until the whole season is over and then watch these few episodes on Hulu.  I need my fast forward button for Laurel and Ray, and now Quentin.

• Love 1
(edited)

3.21 gets my vote for the fuckening, too, because wasn't that the episode when the "love is in the air" and filming in a hotel room (made to look like the honeymoon suite of Casa de Ra's, perhaps?) teases came out?

Agree that the eye looks a lot like Thea's. Willa's eye color is green and Caity's is blue. The promo-eye is green and the eyebrow shape/color is very much similar to WH. Also, the katana-wielding person is, likely, Katana/Tatsu in the flashbacks seemingly threatening (or killing?) Shrieve. I wonder if Shrieve's unit are the ones who might have something to do with Akio's possible death. And whatever they did with the Omega/Alpha virus has anything to do with the setup for H.I.V.E./the S4 Big Bad.

Edited by SleepDeprived
  • Love 2
(edited)

I think it's actually a sword with blood on it and it looks like a flashback so I think the woman walking with it is Katana.

I never thought of blood but it makes sense.  The lighting made whatever it is look white to me, not metallic.

Edited by tessaray
  • Love 1
(edited)

I came across this on Twitter with the source removed --

tumblr_nm76tpcsIe1qazmsxo1_540.jpg

I would like a source for that whole someone close to the person being pitted needs to be there. I've never read anything like that and we know from comics that Lady Shiva resurrect on her own (after Cassandra Cain left her dangling on a hook over a pit). Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 1
(edited)

I might be the only one who is obsessed with the whole clip instead of just the sexiness :) but there was a clip of a woman with a sword and blood on it and military person - I wonder if that is Tatsu/Katana in the past.  They really do have to resolve that plot too.  I mean, I except the kid to bite it, but I hope there is some big connection to all these flashbacks.  That's another thing that has felt a bit more disjointed this season than before - the flashbacks.

And I so wonder what those who choose to stay unspoiled must be thinking when the spoiler thread goes nuts. I would not be able to resist lol.

Edited by nksarmi
  • Love 3
(edited)

Yeah, those lights above them are the ones that were above the pit in Nanda Parbat, and Oliver and Malcolm wouldn't be there together for anyone but Thea. Thea's getting resurrected, and if I had to guess Roy's dying for good or at least getting real fucked up. 

Edited by apinknightmare

Does anyone else remember one of the EP's saying that in May we'd know how CL comes back on the spin-off? Do you think they meant something would be happening on Arrow during May sweeps or just that they'll finally be able to talk about it then, once the season is over? 

(edited)

Is that a sword? I couldn't tell, thought it might have been a bloodied pipe.

Yeah, those lights above them are the ones that were above the pit in Nanda Parbat, and Oliver and Malcolm wouldn't be there together for anyone but Thea. Thea's getting resurrected, and if I had to guess Roy's dying for good or at least getting real fucked up.

Oh, I agree they're resurrecting Thea, I just don't know of any comic source that says the Pit will only work if someone close to them is present.

Does anyone else remember one of the EP's saying that in May we'd know how CL comes back on the spin-off? Do you think they meant something would be happening on Arrow during May sweeps or just that they'll finally be able to talk about it then, once the season is over?

i remember 2 quotes, one saying we'd have answers about Sara by Spring and one that said May.

I don't think they mean, we'll see the Pits used on Thea and that will answer the question because fans and media have been saying Lazarus Pit since Oliver "died" in 309.

Edited by Morrigan2575

Hopefully she asks him to do something awesome like do whatever he has to systematically dismantle the League from within and then come home to her. 

That would be so awesome. I believe that would also show character growth. I believe that part of her regrets not telling OQ how she felt before he left the first time which then helped fuel some of her misdirected anger this season. I also think she underestimated the influence she has on OQ. Maybe being with RP made her realize how great & powerful she is considering he just fell in love with her in a few months. It will be pretty obvious by that point that there is really only 1 option left and that is to join LoA, so OQ hands are pretty much tied. This is not OQ making rash or ego based decisions, this is him acting out of pure love which is why she didn't ask him to stay the first time. But FS does know and admires how much OQ loves his family/sister that he is willing to do anything to protect her, I think she will use this opportunity to use her power for good and get him to destroy the LoA. She probably realizes that she not only has no other choice, but this is what she would want OQ to do. Its heroic & selfless, which is OQ at his best especially with FS's influence. Olver & Felicity together, check. No more Ras or bad LoA, check. So win, win. :)

I'm cynical.  I think it's a hallucination while Oliver is being branded/tortured.  He always hallucinate during these kind of things.

Also, I'm pretty sure Ray gets his heart broken.  There's a frame or two with a sad looking guy, and I'm quite sure it's not Roy or (or Damon from TVD, because that would be the weirdest cross-over ever).

• Love 4

Yeah, those lights above them are the ones that were above the pit in Nanda Parbat, and Oliver and Malcolm wouldn't be there together for anyone but Thea. Thea's getting resurrected, and if I had to guess Roy's dying for good or at least getting real fucked up. 

Hopefully just really f-ed up.  Thea might go nuts if she gets resurrected AND finds out that Roy is dead.  And that lady does look like a priestess.

• Love 2

I'm cynical.  I think it's a hallucination while Oliver is being branded/tortured.  He always hallucinate during these kind of things.

Also, I'm pretty sure Ray gets his heart broken.  There's a frame or two with a sad looking guy, and I'm quite sure it's not Roy or (or Damon from TVD, because that would be the weirdest cross-over ever).

The one where he's leaning against a car at night, right? I first thought that was part of the scene with Laurel and Oliver in a hangar but it looks different, like he's on the street. But yeah, looks pretty sad, that's why I think break-up is imminent. Plus the way Felicity scampered away after the ILY? Yeesh!

• Love 2

Perhaps I am reaching here, but I think that the reason the arrow symbol in the opening of each episode changed this year is because it's a brand - the one that will be used on Oliver.

• Love 6

Stay away from the internet for a day or so and all kinds of things start happening. :) I like that promo!!!  Also, I don't want Roy to die and that's something I'm not sure I would have said at the beginning of the season. Live Roy Live.

• Love 4
(edited)

Oh shit. oh shit. I have to say....these jerks have sucked me in for the final act.  And I'm sorry but Oliver making the Ra's al Ghul speech and saying "You will obey" was all manner of hot. 

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 4
(edited)

Perhaps I am reaching here, but I think that the reason the arrow symbol in the opening of each episode changed this year is because it's a brand - the one that will be used on Oliver.

Makes sense. I also think it tied in with the Hong Kong setting, which I'm now thoroughly confused how that will tie into the present. And that's definitely an arrow that's getting prepped to brand someone. Other than Maseo and Tatsu. I assume the virus will come back into play, but everything else seems like a waste of time. 

I think it's a good bet Thea dies and gets LP'd. I'm not sure if Roy dies or is sent to prison. I'm hoping for prison, a break-out, and then he's on the run until next season when he has to deal with crazy LP'd Thea. I have a fondness for Roy that Buckles or anyone else can't replace. 

I'm just happy to find myself looking forward to something finally with this show. If they throw some extended sexytimes scene onto the DVDs, I'll buy the freaking Blu-Rays of this crappy season. 

where a heartbroken Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards) decides to take matters into her own hands.

I bet she does. /snicker

Edited by calliope1975
  • Love 12
(edited)
Ra’s al Ghul (guest star Matt Nable) finally makes Oliver (Stephen Amell) an offer he can’t refuse.

I'm thinking bringing someone to life....now who will it be? Thea, Roy or Sara?

a heartbroken Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards) decides to take matters into her own hands.

FINALLY! She should have done it in 301.

Edited by Hook75

Oh, I agree they're resurrecting Thea, I just don't know of any comic source that says the Pit will only work if someone close to them is present.

Yeah, I couldn't find anything about that either, but it does make sense to me that regardless of whether they're needed, they'd be there with her.

• Love 1

In the Sweeps scorecard, I'm putting Arrow down for "couples having sex, kissing or saying “I Love You” for the first time," "fatalities," "possible fatalities," and "resurrections or big returns" (Sara).

Interesting that there's only one wedding. Despite what MG says about it being a wedding and marriage, I don't think Arrow could possibly have the only May Sweeps wedding, so I think Arrow's wedding somehow doesn't count. Ray could be the resignation or leaving town or both. I'm not sure Raylicity would count for a breakup. 

Time Warp has to be Flash. 

Marc Guggenheim
‏@mguggenheim
Full disclosure: There are some shots in today's Arrow preview that won't appear in the final episodes. No, I won't tell you what they are.

Boo. 

(edited)

a heartbroken Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards) decides to take matters into her own hands.

Well it is cannon that Oliver need Felicity to show him how to make Smart decisions.

Thank you Tumblr for the slow-mo gifs. Source (X)

The Carry is all sort of hot. EBR must have some amazing core strength.

Maybe Sara will be resurrected as proof that the LP works, Oliver won't say yes to strange rituals on Thea's (presumed) corpse unless he believes it really will work.

Edited: Source wrong and to remove image...loading issues

Edited by Genki

Marc Guggenheim

‏@mguggenheim

Full disclosure: There are some shots in today's Arrow preview that won't appear in the final episodes. No, I won't tell you what they are.

Oh I think we all know what they're going to be. There better be DVD extras is all i'm saying.
  • Love 4

So here's my theory.  Ra's has Roy shanked in prison (sniff), or Roy just happens to get shanked by an Arrow-hater, but it's not enough to be able to get Oliver to agree to be the heir in order to get access to LP - so Ra's gets around Malcolm somehow and kills Thea.  Obviously, Oliver agrees.

The older woman in the photos looks enough like KL that it could be her mother, maybe, or older sister?

Olicity sex is just hot hot hot.  I'm thinking either that or some kind of "I'll be with you whatever happens" will be in 3.20 hence Amell's note to that fan on the script.

Also, what were MG's words with regards to 3.21?  If he said it's 'not great' for Olicity, could that mean it's because it's freaking awesome (sexytimes)?

Seriously, if this season ends with Thea joining TA, Ray being shipped off to the spin-off, and (too much to hope for?) Laurel removed, reduced or just back to being an ADA, it might - might - be worth all the crap.  I'd miss Roy though. Poor pretty.

• Love 1

that's what I'm thinking.

Hmm. So maybe like EBR said, she sacrifices herself but in what way exactly? I NEED TO KNOW.