Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

DR is going to kill it

CH looks like he is wondering if he left the stove on

I like CH's expression in this shot. It has enough angsty exasperation like what the hell are you thinking, but yet disbelief that its really happening? He wasn't there for s1 & s2 OQ deluded self-surrenders at all cost mode to protect everyone, so he doesn't know how this is all gonna play out. Dig is just killing me with the ***almost*** tears though***. Felicity's shot is also pretty heartbreaking. I wonder how this all relates to QL being held hostage by Ras. Do you think that OQ finds out and then goes to the police station to help him? If he gives himself up to Ras to somehow protect QL that would be kinda cool, not realizing that QL is probably not in danger from Ras but rather Ras just wants to have a fatherly heart to heart.

*** Edited - Dig is not really crying, but those eyes do look mighty emotional & watery. Misty eyed perhaps. He killing it either way.

Edited by kismet
  • Love 2

I've been thinking that maybe Team Arrow blows up the foundry themselves. But maybe Laurel does it, like @Kismet said? That would be going a long way for Oliver, since destroying evidence is basically THE OPPOSITE of being an ADA.

But then, for this to happen, whoever is dying is gonna be completely unrelated to the cave exploding. Because there's no possible way in hell they're making Laurel accidentally kill someone [Roy].

The foundry being destroyed intentionally by TA makes more sense then anybody else destroying it. But the SA tweets did imply that someone would go limp on seeing him, which may imply human death, which brings us back to Akio being the unfortunate victim in flashbacks. His death or the memory of his death would only reflect the pain & loss that OQ feels in the present, especially if he died under his protection. If Akio is dead, I wonder if Maseo is aware of how Akio dies, or if Ras reveals it this episode as a further weapon to destroy OQ. It seems like something Ras would keep a secret until he could wield the truth like a weapon. And with the next episode being titled Broken Arrow, only makes me think his pain & loss are magnified in 20, until something requires that he returns to NP in 21 with his team in tow.

It will probably be Thea getting injured. I saw one of WH's posts at the time they were shooting 319, I think, where she said she forgot to wash off the fake blood before the gym or something.

Is Diggle really crying? I can't see the tears o.O

• Love 1

It will probably be Thea getting injured. I saw one of WH's posts at the time they were shooting 319, I think, where she said she forgot to wash off the fake blood before the gym or something.

Or maybe Thea was holding a dying Roy, hence blood transference?

I think I've convinced myself that if it's a permanent death, it's gonna be Roy. If it's a Lazarus Pit test drive, it's gonna be Thea.

• Love 3

Or maybe Thea was holding a dying Roy, hence blood transference?

I think I've convinced myself that if it's a permanent death, it's gonna be Roy. If it's a Lazarus Pit test drive, it's gonna be Thea.

Could be. I'm still in denial, I don't want to believe someone will die,die. :)

@Apinknightmare, thanks for clarifying, I was starting to seriously worry about my sight :)

I think I'm just going to go with the original airing order of Flash 118 then Arrow 318 instead of the one we're getting. Usually they have a cliffhanger at the end of each episode which leads onto the next and I don't like this thought of something bad happening at the end of 318 and then Felicity just skips off to CC with Ray in 118, as if there aren't enough problems in SC to deal with. 

I'm still not 100% certain this death in 319 will be permanent simply because MG told us it was happening. I feel like a death is more shocking if you don't know it's coming. I always thought they'd kill off Sara eventually because her name wasn't Laurel but I was truly shocked by her death at the end of 301, especially the awful way it happened. Telling us to expect a death just takes all the suspense and shock away.

These EPs love shocking the audience, they get high on how clever they're being.  If someone really does die in 319, it's either a red shirt or not permanent.

Oliver's face when Felicity reveals Ray's suit in the MG clip   "Another guy you're working with who became a vigilante?  What is it with you?"

Isn't Barry there on the infamous Flash date?  It could be that Felicity took Ray to CC for work on his suit, they went out to dinner with Barry and Iris and Eddie showed up and joined them.

I was wondering the same thing @Kismet.  I know MG said someone was dying in 3.19 - it could just be the Foundry blowing up.  If Arsenal/Roy is being written out of the show they could just be "sending him up the river" and not to the undertaker.  Either way I'm sure it was hard for CH and his cast mates to say goodbye.  He killed a cop in S2.  He's a former thief.  He is running around impersonating the Arrow so obstruction or something.  LL goes pretty far for Oliver but maybe can't do the same for Roy?   

If he goes to Iron Heights, he'll be out soon enough. That place has a revolving door policy.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 1

I also doesn't want Felicity to step between Ray and Oliver as they fight - it's such a tired old cliche, and it leaves the conflict unsolved.

What I would love but they won't do because it would take away from hero vs hero is have Felicity simply turn Ray's suit off remotely.  She's the one that got the blah blah blah computer interface to work so I'm guessing she could make it unwork if she so chose. 

• Love 2

What I would love but they won't do because it would take away from hero vs hero is have Felicity simply turn Ray's suit off remotely.  She's the one that got the blah blah blah computer interface to work so I'm guessing she could make it unwork if she so chose.

She could make Oliver unwork too if she batted her eyelashes at him and-- oh wait, that's the Arrow sitcom that runs in my head, never mind.

• Love 3

What episode does Cisco and Joe West cross over from The Flash? That does happen, right? I didn't imagine it?

I bet Diggle is emotional because Oliver's been arrested and he's all "It's over, we had a good run, save yourselves" and he's giving up but they're not going to let that happen.

Only in Starling City could a criminal's known associates stop by for a lil visit at the jailhouse.

Yes I know Quentin's the only one who knows they work together, BUT STILL. 

LOGIC be gone!

Oh Dig. stop crying! If you cry, we all cry. Your holding this whole thing together, man!

I don't think anyone will really die. Maybe its just my denial, but not even these writers would do this, especially after the HUGE backlash after Sarah died. At least, I would hope not...

I don't know. They've killed off a series regular in both of the prior seasons (Tommy, Moira) so I'll be a little surprised if they don't this year, especially as how people have noted the similarities between this season and last. I don't think Sara counts - she wasn't a series regular. I don't know if that will be the death in 319, but it makes sense with the next episode being titled The Fallen. Otherwise I would think it was Akio in the flashbacks, because I'm certain he died at some point. Maybe it's both - Akio in the flashbacks and someone in the present.

And how MG keeps saying things about how he hopes 320 will be more devastating than both of those (Tommy/Moira). I basically don't think it's possible we're getting out of this without a major character death, and I hate to do this but yeah, CH is still not in Vancouver right now. Prove me wrong, Show!

• Love 4

The MG trolling makes me think it is Felicity with and LP resurrection thrown it.....and Roy in jail for a while.

I wouldn't like if Roy died but not particularly emotional compared to Tommy or Moira or a deal breaker for me as a veiwer. I'd be more annoyed that they removed the wrong sidekick. YMMV

• Love 4

They would never kill Felicity permanently. Even these guys must know that the backlash to the death of one of the shows most popular characters, and one half of its most popular ship, would create a backlash so huge it would make the death of Sara look like a few YouTube comments. Killing Roy would break my heart, but I don't think its him. He isn't as big of a character as Moira and Tommy were, so if they are shooting big, I guess it comes down to Thea or Felicity, and if its either of them, I smell Lazarus Pits. . 

• Love 3

Even if the death in 319 is temporary (LP), I still think we'll have a permanent death later on, maybe in the finale. And if that's the case, I'm thinking Quentin or Malcolm. Basically, I will be very surprised if no one in the regular cast bites the dust by the end of the season finale.

I think Oliver (obviously), Felicity, Diggle, and Laurel are safe. Pretty sure Thea is. It's Roy, Quentin, and Malcolm I'm not so sure about (in Malcolm's case, hopeful about).

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 1

I'm a bit confused. Will the death be in episode 18 or 19?

Ah, sorry, I might have gotten my episode numbers mixed up in my post. I think the death is in 319. But I suspect it's very close to the end, so the actual reaction to it is in 320? (That's when Stephen was in the ICU set with the body-mounted camera, I believe.) This is one of the MG posts I was referring to, from Tumblr:

Q: Would you say that 3x20 is more emotional than Moira, tommy, and Sara's death?

MG: I really hope so.  It’s shooting now.

Edited by Carrie Ann
  • Love 3

The problem is, it's going to be very hard to top Sara's death.  We'll be upset if it's Quentin (especially if Laurel's concern about his heart is justified) or Thea, we're expecting Malcolm or Roy (although I will be very sad if it's Roy because he has fit into Team Arrow seamlessly this season and CH really hits the mark with snarks) but after Sara's death, I'm kind of inured. I don't think it will be Diggle or Felicity if they have any sense because those two are pillars of the show.

The only death that would really shock me is Laurel's, and given all the lengths they went to to get her the Black Canary leathers, I don't think they will go there.

So if it's a permanent death, it's going to be anti-climactic after Moira's and Sara's IMO..

• Love 2

I agree--it's sort of like the hosts/judges/EPs of reality shows claiming that every new season has the Most Talented Cast Ever. That's...really not up for you to say? And it needlessly denigrates your own work, as well as the opinions of people who were really affected by those previous seasons. Anyway, I've cried twice during the run of this show--once when Moira died, and once when Oliver said, "I don't wanna die down here." Sara's actual death made me angry instead of sad, and I didn't feel like that episode or any subsequent episodes were really about mourning her. It was all about the survivors, so that's why I only really cried about Oliver's reaction. So...I mean, I guess if they play it right with whatever happens, then maybe that will be affecting. But the goal of this show should not be to use a death to emotionally manipulate the audience every 15 episodes, because we're really getting to the diminishing returns stage here.

Edited by Carrie Ann
  • Love 1

Is there a narrative reason for Stephen to cut his hair? Because it seemed like he made a big deal out of it? 

I just saw a video of Stephen about his raffle for benefiting Prayers for Warrior Princess Kiara, and I don't care what y'all think. He still looks super fine with that buzzcut :p

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 5

But the goal of this show should not be to use a death to emotionally manipulate the audience every 15 episodes, because we're really getting to the diminishing returns stage here.

That's where I'm at. There have been too many deaths on this show for me to be shocked anymore. Especially if this one turns out not to take because of the LP. It's hard to get attached to character after so many deaths. A few permanent deaths would probably make me quit - Digg, Felicity - but after two years and let's see, Robert, Yao Fei, Tommy, Shado, Moira, Sara, they've burned me out on deaths.

• Love 2

I hope maybe their game changer this season will be no major character death. This I think will be the dead to be resurrected season first oliver & then likely sara. I think if anyone is being killed its thea but I think she'll also get lp. But im really kinda over deaths. Plus there is no one that I see from the cast that they're wiling to part with so frankly I would prefer they dont kill off characters I like.

This rescheduling of crossover episodes is exactly why I'm pretty sure that Felicity and Ray will have ended things before the end of the season: it's simply too difficult to coordinate a relationship between two characters on two different shows. Buffy and Angel didn't even try with a popular pairing, and Felicity and Barry were swiftly dropped for similar reasons pretty much the second Flash was greenlit.  

As of now, the Felicity/Ray romance has fulfilled its narrative purpose of getting Oliver to lose the girl, if temporarily, and establishing that Ray can be a romantic hero, so it can more or less end whenever.  I'm assuming that it isn't ending immediately at least in part because Ray needs to be introduced over on Flash in order to help sell the spinoff (both to the CW, which hasn't officially greenlit it yet, and to viewers), and, thanks largely to the decision to keep Ray mostly isolated from the Arrow cast, Felicity is really the only character on Arrow in a position to make that introduction.

• Love 4

I'm beginning to feel an Oliver-Sara type level of annoyance. It's stupid! Why did they even go there with Ray and Felicity if it wasn't going to count!

Because they want Ray to be relevant??? I guess???

The main reason I'm leaning towards Thea, instead of Felicity, if this is a temporary death, is because I don't believe these guys would kill Felicity before she and Oliver get together. It's not cliché enough, and it's not manpain enough for Oliver.

If they were together they could do the ~losing her right when he finally got her~, but ~losing her when she's seemingly happy with another dude~ doesn't have the same ring to it.

Edited by dancingnancy
  • Love 2

Regarding "love is in the air",  I just hope it's not a cheesy shot of Ray putting on his Atom suit and taking Felicity on a romantic flight around Starling City (like in that old Superman movie).

• Love 2

Regarding "love is in the air",  I just hope it's not a cheesy shot of Ray putting on his Atom suit and taking Felicity on a romantic flight around Starling City (like in that old Superman movie).

Don't even go there! You know they'd do it....Then they'd come out and say "Isn't Ray romantic? Don't you love him?"

• Love 4

Fingers crossed it doesn't happen!

Incidentally, even Robert Dougherty is speculating that Felicity could be the one that is LPed...

Deathbolt's appearance on Arrow is already feared to be game-changing in some way, as he apparently confronts Felicity and Ray in some fashion -- not long after both of them visit The Flash as well. With Felicity and Ray's relationship having to thankfully end in some fashion soon, and with speculation that Felicity could be in life-threatening danger that either makes Oliver finally start fighting to be with her -- and/or agree to be the next Ra's al Ghul in exchange for saving her with Ra's Lazurus Pit -- Deathbolt could be a catalyst for major and long overdue events on both shows in the next several weeks.

http://www.themovienetwork.com/article/doug-jones-arrow-guest-spot-be-reprised-flash

Edited by tv echo

Regarding "love is in the air", I just hope it's not a cheesy shot of Ray putting on his Atom suit and taking Felicity on a romantic flight around Starling City (like in that old Superman movie).

I hope not. Not only because it'd be cheesy (and really stupidly dangerous since his suit is rocket propelled and he'd have a hard time actually flying without use of his arms if he's holding her), but because how big can the Olicity moment be in 3x20 if she's still with Ray in 3x21? Yuck.

Edited by apinknightmare

I may very well be bitch slapped by the show, but I really think Ray and Felicity will be done with by 3x20. I'm confident the next ILY will be from Felicity and I'm 99.9% percent sure its going to be in 3x20. I can't see Felicity going back to Ray after telling Oliver she loved him. I think we may see a version of what Oliver has been doing - "I love you, can't be with you, won't be with anyone else." 

Has BR even been on set yet?

Edited by 10Eleven12
  • Love 1

I may very well be bitch slapped by the show, but I really think Ray and Felicity will be done with by 3x20. I'm confident the next ILY will be from Felicity and I'm 99.9% percent sure its going to be in 3x20. I can't see Felicity going back to Ray after telling Oliver she loved him. I think we may see a version of what Oliver has been doing - "I love you, can't be with you, won't be with anyone else." 

Has BR even been on set yet?

I can see Felicity saying I love you for sure. I wonder if MG would have them declare their love then Oliver becomes Ra's Ollie Ghul and Felicity tells him she'll wait for him?

• Love 2

...Or that scene from Hot Shots!, where Topper and Ramada fly as Superman/Lois and that pesky pidgeon won't let go of his hand...

WHY WOULD YOU PUT THAT OUT IN THE UNIVERSE?! CURSE YOU.

Also please no. Ugh.

I think if there is a temporary death and the character is LP'd it would have to be Thea. SA said (in I think it was the GiveMeMyRemote Paleyfest interview) that Oliver loved Felicity but that she wasn't the only woman he would have to save. Who else would it be besides Thea or Laurel? I can't imagine that MG would think most of us would get emotional over Laurel.

Regarding "Love is in the Air"...Perhaps Ivan Moldanado was referring to 3.20 although they were shooting 3.21 at the time? SA's favorite Oliver & Felicity scene of the season takes place on a jet in 3.20. SA's favorite scenes tend to be emotional ones. His remember 3.20 on the 3.09 script could refer to one of two things or perhaps both - the ILY and being someone who will do anything, anything to protect/save my sister. He appears to be joining LOA in 3.21.

Edited by Sunshine
  • Love 3

Regarding "Love is in the Air"...Perhaps Ivan Moldanado was referring to 3.20 although they were shooting 3.21 at the time? SA's favorite Oliver & Felicity scene of the season takes place on a jet in 3.20. SA's favorite scenes tend to be emotional ones. His remember 3.20 on the 3.09 script could refer to one of two things or perhaps both - the ILY and being someone who will do anything, anything to protect/save my sister. He appears to be joining LOA in 3.21.

I'm leaning towards it being Thea and Roy is just in jail. Also explains why Malcolm is on the jet in 320 (I'm assuming from set pics), otherwise why else would he be there if not for Thea? I can't think why they haven't cut him loose yet.

CH is still not in Vancouver right now.

Right? I mean...it's totally freakin Roy. I have no idea why MG says anything he says, so caring more about this death than Moira/Tommy is more of the usual what the fuck ever from him.