Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

That would make the most sense, isn't HIVE supposed to be the big story for S4?

I think they just said that H.I.V.E and Felicity's father are planned for season 4. Epic, game changing, internet breaking, things will never be the same plans I'm sure.

*sigh* This show has turned me into such a cynic.

• Love 8

There is a DC character named Damien Darhk who was a member of the Second  H.I.V.E http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H.I.V.E.#Second_H.I.V.E.

But I'm not getting my hopes up for that storyline. With this show I'm sure I'll hear all about how they have great things for H.I.V.E in season 5, it had to be pushed back, but wait for it, it will be EPIC.

David Ramsey said at a Con appearance that a H.I.V.E story will happen in season 4

(edited)

Interesting. So, the Ra's/LOA storyline is really coming to an end this season. I wonder how the writers are going to wrap it up. Obviously, they are not going to kill off a character as big as Ra's Al Ghul but I wouldn't be opposed to it happening. In fact, I think it would actually be kind of great if they did kill him off and told us that he wasn't the real Ra's. He was only an imposter. Then they could re-introduce the character in season 5 or season 6 and cast an actor with real charisma and gravitas in the role.

As for the death spoiler, I have never cared much for Roy, but I think it's a shame if he's being given the axe. I don't really see the point in killing him off and there has been way too much death on this show as it is, IMO.

Edited by strikera0
  • Love 4

More info on Damien Darhk here. (For some reason I can't get it to copy) http://www.comicvine.com/damien-darhk/4005-56627/

He's a major crimes figure, wanted by the FBI and CIA, with a connection to H.I.V.E and an expert with tech. Known for staying in touch with his organization using the latest technology.

That could, stressing could because again no faith, link Felicity and Diggle to HIVE with this guy as her father. And link in with Russia's Bratva storyline with his connect to the underworld.  But like Foreverevolving pointed out, this all pretty on the nose to hint at when Season 3 isn't over. Unless they are trying to keep viewers heading into season 4

• Love 3

Wow. FOUR full pages in 24 hours based on a couple of tweets?

We're not going to say stop posting, but let's concentrate on new information please - bringing new theories to the table and the like (Damien Dark/Wayne/Dahrk is an excellent example!). But enough with the chest beating for Roy/Quentin, please? They gave so little information in those two tweets, and we still have a couple weeks before a new episode!

What I'm trying to say is, Guys. Pace yourselves!

• Love 2

Ya know, this is a stupid theory but what if this dude is Felicity's father and is also the one who ordered Deadshot to kill Andy Diggle? I think this could lead to some really great moments between Felicity/Diggle. Felicity feels guilt for what her father has done to Digg, Digg is understanding and knows that it isn't Felicity's fault so they find comfort in each other. 

Just reading this description it could definitely be Felicity's dad. 

Wi-fi fiend? Yeah. Definitely an option

• Love 4
(edited)

I'm thinking maybe Ebenezer Darrk. He's a member of the league of assassins and I fee like they will stretch that storyline to next  season. Not sure if Felicity's dad is related to it but it's possible. 

Edited by ban1o

My spec: Malcolm kills Felicity (wants to turn Oliver back into a killer, and loss of romantic loved one turned him into a killer...I think batcrap crazy Malcolm would love the parallel) and Oliver kills Malcolm.  Oliver agrees to become the new Ra's in exchange for LPing Felicity.  Everyone on set is sad because JB is gone IRL, and they and their characters are sad because of major emotion over Felicity dying.

That or Thea/Diggle dying and getting LPd are the only ways I can, personally, buy into Oliver agreeing to join LOA.

• Love 3
(edited)

Wasn't there spec that Felicity's nemesis (that will feature in The Flash) is linked to H.I.V.E? Something about Queen Bee or something? I can see that all interlinking. Well, it could but I don't know if the writers could pull it off.

Also this is all very strange to be speculating about s4 when s3 still has 8 episodes left. Desperate to keep viewers maybe?

Edited by Angel12d
  • Love 2

My spec: Malcolm kills Felicity (wants to turn Oliver back into a killer, and loss of romantic loved one turned him into a killer...I think batcrap crazy Malcolm would love the parallel) and Oliver kills Malcolm.  Oliver agrees to become the new Ra's in exchange for LPing Felicity.  Everyone on set is sad because JB is gone IRL, and they and their characters are sad because of major emotion over Felicity dying.

That or Thea/Diggle dying and getting LPd are the only ways I can, personally, buy into Oliver agreeing to join LOA.

Would Oliver take the responsibility for Felicity coming back Crazy and possibly Evil though? Your scenario sounds really good yet sad and infuriating lol

My spec: Malcolm kills Felicity (wants to turn Oliver back into a killer, and loss of romantic loved one turned him into a killer...I think batcrap crazy Malcolm would love the parallel) and Oliver kills Malcolm. Oliver agrees to become the new Ra's in exchange for LPing Felicity. Everyone on set is sad because JB is gone IRL, and they and their characters are sad because of major emotion over Felicity dying.

As awesome as I think it would be to have Felicity so tied to the main action on the show and Oliver's motivations, with some of the comments I've seen MG and others make, I can't see that happening. They seem pretty set on keeping her largely relegated to the background with the exception of the occasional episode where they throw her fans a bone or use her as the placeholder Love Interest. Ditto Diggle, it seems.

Unfortunately, this season? I can totally see Oliver taking the gig just to be a pouty pants: nobody loves me, ev'rybody hates me, guess I'll go eat worms (/be Ra's al Ghul).

• Love 5
(edited)

I don't think they're deliberately keeping Felicity relegated to the background, I think that this season they got so excited about all their new superheroes who are going to gather at the end of the season in a superhero orgy, that with the exception of her backstory episode, which they had promised in season 2, they've used her either to get the audience to like new/evolving characters like Ray and Laurel or for Oliver's manpain.

I can see AyChihuahua's scenario being played out as MG rewards all the good little Olicity shippers who have been telling him how wonderful he is and have been waiting patiently all season.  The EPs would think it awesome to have Oliver show his great love for Felicity at such a cost, having to sacrifice his life in Starling City to save hers.  And as the curtain slowly falls, we see Oliver on his white horse sadly leaving the woman he loves, and the city he risked his life for.  Because a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do.

Then season 4 starts as the Team tries to get Oliver back, having lost him to Nanda Parbat for five months.  The season 3.5 comics focuses on Oliver as head of the LoA with some bits of Diggle and Felicity try to save Starling City with Ray, Laurel and Roy.  Ray and whoever is going with him can leave for the spin-off at the start of s4.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 1

Pleaseohpleaseohplease let the 3.5 comics focus on LoA and Oliver's interaction with all the costumed characters! Because then I won't have to care about them. Better yet, let them address the training of Black Canary, too. If they're going to pull the same crap and start S4 with the same unseen jump in the status quo, isn't it the Laurel fans' turn to bear the burden of it?

• Love 2

My spec: Malcolm kills Felicity (wants to turn Oliver back into a killer, and loss of romantic loved one turned him into a killer...

Isn't Malcolm done with trying to key into Oliver's killer side?  Ra's already has him as prisoner and Ra's isn't trying to fight Oliver, he's trying to recruit him.  I can't see the point of killing Felicity. 

Would Oliver take the responsibility for Felicity coming back Crazy and possibly Evil though? Your scenario sounds really good yet sad and infuriating lol

The thing is, Oliver as far as we know doesn't know anything about the Lazarus Pits let alone their consequences.  He's heard Ra's jabber on some about being around for a while but who pays attention to crazy talk from a guy trying to kill you? 

Going back to the question of why would TPTB tell us that someone is going to die when they haven't before...maybe it's just a new marketing strategy suggested by the CW.  They used it on Smallville plenty of times.  Sadly it was never Lana or Lois...though they teased killing Lois...the trolls. 

Once Smallville even counted a metaphorical death as valid.  Maybe Oliver Queen gets to die again before Ra's Ollie Guhl can emerge? 

• Love 1
(edited)

Maybe Oliver Queen gets to die again before Ra's Ollie Guhl can emerge? 

The name Ra's Ollie Ghul may be the best and funniest thing that has come out of this badly plotted season. See, every cloud has a silver lining ;)

Edited by Pothunter
  • Love 10

"My name is Ra's Ollie Ghul. After 5 years in hell and 3 years in sort-of-hell I decided to let it all go and become the mask. No body loves me, I cannot be with the woman I love, my ex-girlfriend is dressing up as her dead sister, my beloved's boyfriend is dressing up as a glorified tincan... Anyhow, bygones. I have but one goal - to teach a group of assassins that killing is not an option!"

frankly? I'd watch this mini-series.

If it had Nyssa as his snarky frenemy, I'd definitely watch. But they'd probably all spend all their time talking about how awesome Laurel and Ray are, even though they're not in the show.

• Love 3

If it had Nyssa as his snarky frenemy, I'd definitely watch. But they'd probably all spend all their time talking about how awesome Laurel and Ray are, even though they're not in the show.

Nyssa would be his mock-up wife, with the old Ra's visiting once in a while asking for grandchildren...

Lauel and Roy would call everyday asking for hints on crime-fighting.

• Love 1

Someone tweeted Sebastian Roche about playing Felicity's dad. And he responded with a Thanks for the vote of confidence. Can I second that nomination? But they have to make Felicity's dad a big deal if they get him.

Since Berlanti & Co. seem to have a thing for ex-Prison Breakers, I wouldn't mind seeing Chris Vance as Felicity's dad.

Im not worried about the casting of Felicity's father. I think the suggestions mentioned have been good. But Arrow has always excelled in casting parents. The current & former actors that played the parents were spot-on and phenomenal. So I think they will do a good job casting him, I just hope the writers do a good job with his story, that's the more uncertain part. They sorta squandered a lot of the actor's potential w/ their bad stories. Just look at what they did to JB w/ MM this year, the current plot/story is no where near a good story that utilizes his potential & abilities.

• Love 3

So if you look at the pics tweeted by the production dept in the social media thread, it looks like Colton is wearing a government issue jacket that looks like what inmates wear. The coloring and the badge on the left chest look like it might say county jail. I wonder if CH will be heading off to jail and leaving the show. Or somebody gets seriously hurt while trying to help rescue him. I know everyone is speculating that someone will die, but I can't imagine the show would be so bold in spoiling that so soon, unless of course its too distract from something else big that will happen. But Arrow does like to kill people and it is ep 19, so someone could be killed and I would not be surprised even this attempt to get buzz is not that surprising. They need to change their surprise tactics, which makes me think someone will not literally die, but die in a metaphoric way or if they do die they'll be immediately revived or resurrected. Its something in the way MG typed "someone. will. die.", his punctuation to me means that there is something more is going on and the death (if it happens) is not the most important thing.

• Love 3
(edited)

I know everyone is speculating that someone will die, but I can't imagine the show would be so bold in spoiling that so soon, unless of course its too distract from something else big that will happen. But Arrow does like to kill people and it is ep 19, so someone could be killed and I would not be surprised even this attempt to get buzz is not that surprising. They need to change their surprise tactics, which makes me think someone will not literally die, but die in a metaphoric way or if they do die they'll be immediately revived or resurrected. Its something in the way MG typed "someone. will. die.", his punctuation to me means that there is something more is going on and the death (if it happens) is not the most important thing.

I so agree with this. Episode 19 is supposedly Ray heavy if I remember correctly, so to me this 'someone dies leak' is just one of their stealth tactics to get people to watch.

Edited by nagevs85
  • Love 1
(edited)

What Q&A?

Never mind - I was looking for something in the spoilers thread, but I see it was posted elsewhere. Did they say something spoilery in the video - is that why you said they were trolling?

Edited by Starfish35
(edited)

After watching the Q&A, I don't get the impression that Quentin is dying...I still think that it's Roy.  SA joked that the most popular theory going around on the internet is that Lance is the one dying, and then they both laughed.  Asked to describe Colton Haynes, PB said, "Oh, bless him.  Huggable."  There was also some discussion about Mama Smoak/Captain Lance in season 4.  PB just seems awfully chipper if he's the one dying.

Edited by SonofaBiscuit
  • Love 3
(edited)

Could it be Ray who "dies"? Not in the sense that he is killed off, of course. Maybe some explosion (or whatever) occurs in 3x19 that causes Ray to become very tiny... such that he is presumed dead. Could 3x19 be the episode where BR ileaves Arrow for his own spin off? Do we have any information if he is going to appear in Arrow´s final S3 episodes?

Edited by Kordi
  • Love 1

I guess we could speculate for weeks about the possible death. There is one death I am almost certain of and that is Tatsu & Maseo's son. I think he's not gonna survive to s4.

I also surprised more people are not banking on MM death. I think MM could easily die, can't remember where I saw them but he's not looking that good in BTS shots from 19. Im gonna hypothesize that MM dies, gets thrown in LP, resurrects himself and is made the new head of LoA after OQ resigns himself from the post d/t reasons. Afterall, it has been MMs goal to be the next Ras. He could achieve redemption by sacrificing himself for Thea & Oliver, but still get his endgoal. That way he is redeemed and still a possible threat/enemy. The LoA can continue, but now TA has a closer connection to it. JB can still come & go throughout the series for guest appearances as the penultimate Frenemy to OQ & TA.

• Love 2

I thought he just said they shot a scene in the back of the van? The one PB says it's now his favorite one with SA. Did they say it was a death scene?

You could be right about that.  I rewatched that part (it's around 5:00), and no, they didn't say that it was the death scene.  

MM being the next Ra's makes more sense than Oliver doing it.  Plus, he'd keep the killing thing going.  And he's really run out of plotline in Starling City.  (IMO he ran out in 3x04.)

Do I remember right that Oliver is going to bring MM back to Starling City with him for some Malcolm/Thea/Oliver family bonding time?

MM being the next Ra's makes more sense than Oliver doing it.  Plus, he'd keep the killing thing going.  And he's really run out of plotline in Starling City.  (IMO he ran out in 3x04.)

Oh man, now I am envisioning Barrowman wearing the robes and all the bling, twirling and singing and I want to see that so much.

• Love 6

Oh man, now I am envisioning Barrowman wearing the robes and all the bling, twirling and singing and I want to see that so much.

Pretty sure he would add some heels. JB can work it

• Love 3
(edited)

You could be right about that.  I rewatched that part (it's around 5:00), and no, they didn't say that it was the death scene.  

I thought I had missed it, my wifi is giving me hell today and I stopped watching the video after PB singing :)

They said this scene was the end of 3x18.

Now I'm picturing Quentin and Oliver in the back of the van, Oliver takes his mask off. And...end credits. 

Edited by looptab
  • Love 1
(edited)

I think Malcolm dies in 3.19.  If he was coming back via LP, I don't think the actors would have been so personally emotional that it showed up in scenes.  My guess would be that it resolves the blood debt so Ra's backs off to be utilized again in another season.  I am having trouble picturing OQ becoming Ra's Ollie Ghul unless they changed the identity theme.  He was supposed to be figuring out how much of his humanity he wanted in present day versus losing it in flashbacks (which I haven't seen yet).  The only thing he has embraced so far is his family (Thea) which is probably the most important thing.  He gave everything up so easily in 3.01 but he has to start living sometime - 3.20 works for me.

PB's favorite scene with SA is probably him discovering the Arrow's identity.  BTW, how does Quentin target Team Arrow without going after his daughter who is probably leaving her fingerprints everywhere?!

BR is contracted for 18 episodes per MG so unless some of those appearances are on The Flash he is on Arrow through 3.23. 

Edited by Sunshine
  • Love 1
(edited)

I thought I had missed it, my wifi is giving me hell today and I stopped watching the video after PB singing :)

They said this scene was the end of 3x18.

Now I'm picturing Quentin and Oliver in the back of the van, Oliver takes his mask off. And...end credits. 

Haha, I missed the part where they said this scene was the end of 3x18.  I'm watching at work and had the audio really low.  I think that's the episode where we speculated that Oliver is going to be arrested, so I think you're right that Quentin is going to find out that Oliver Queen is the Arrow (I mean, I hope that he's already figured it out by now and is just living in denial, but with these EPs, you never know).

OK, the pictures from 3x16 don't make it look interesting at all.  Laurel/Nyssa and no Felicity (I guess I should be grateful, because I know that the pictures would be Felicity/Ray.  Ray does not exist without Felicity, apparently).  No thanks.

Edited by SonofaBiscuit
  • Love 2

BR is on The Flash 118 I think.  He and Felicity go over for Cisco to help with his suit, and she gets her nemesis there. Because heaven forfend Felicity actually gets her own nemesis or even storyline on Arrow.

• Love 2

BR is on The Flash 118 I think.  He and Felicity go over for Cisco to help with his suit, and she gets her nemesis there. Because heaven forfend Felicity actually gets her own nemesis or even storyline on Arrow.

MG said ATOM (he didn't mention Ray) wasn't in 3.16 so 118 would bring it to 18 episodes if BR isn't in 3.16 at all.

(edited)

For MG, Ray = ATOM.

He wasn't in 304 (the Magician) 305 (Secret Origins) or 308 (crossover). I think he's missed some others too but I can't remember which now.  So he's in at least till 3x21.

There are no pix of Felicity either in ep 316.  Poor Felicity.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 2

Im sure Felicity & Ray will be explained as missing from the action in SC in 316 by being on some cliche romantic trip on his private jet... RP probably even has his own private island they can visit. UGH is all I can think about that. Maybe they'll rip of BATB next week and have the romantic vacation be one of the reasons Felicity begins to doubt her choice because its nice but thats not enough. Its right up the cliche rom com journey they're taking Raylicity down this season to the detriment of both Ray & Felicity. I just hope its not one of the primary reasons OQ is considering taking up the Ras offer. His choices should revolve around more than just Felicity, but I fear the writers will not resist the easy cliche logic. Im not saying FS can't be part of the decision, but she can't be the whole reason.

(edited)
Im sure Felicity & Ray will be explained as missing from the action in SC in 316 by being on some cliche romantic trip on his private jet... RP probably even has his own private island they can visit. UGH is all I can think about that. Maybe they'll rip of BATB next week and have the romantic vacation be one of the reasons Felicity begins to doubt her choice because its nice but thats not enough. Its right up the cliche rom com journey they're taking Raylicity down this season to the detriment of both Ray & Felicity. I just hope its not one of the primary reasons OQ is considering taking up the Ras offer. His choices should revolve around more than just Felicity, but I fear the writers will not resist the easy cliche logic. Im not saying FS can't be part of the decision, but she can't be the whole reason.

Felicity is in 316, not sure where you came up with her missing the episode.

Ray was in 1-3, 5, 7, 9, 10-12, 15.  He's contracted for 18 episodes which means he should be in 16-23 + Flash 118.

Edited by Morrigan2575