Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

What are they filming right now? Still "Broken Arrow" (3x19), right? That's supposed to be one of the "game changing" and "surprising" episodes. So, the villain (Deathbolt) who shoots plasma rays destroys the Foundry and, possibly, someone gets caught in the blast. Does this mean that Palmer is going to fail? Isn't this the big Atom episode where he questions if the suit is what makes him a hero or something will make him realize how it is to be a hero? Maybe he's the one that Roy tries to save. (If Palmer is, in any way connected to Roy, maybe, dying, yikes. Good luck to Brandon Routh. Heh.)

If EBR suddenly posts a cryptic comment or melancholy photo, then it's definitely CH leaving/Roy dying.

Death watch possible clues: We have PB suddenly having a Q&A with SA tomorrow, which might point to Quentin dying/leaving. Although WH getting fitted for a mask might mean a death close to her jumpstarts her masked hero journey. Now, between Quentin and Roy, it's more likely Roy that could get caught in the Foundry getting blown up. Additionally, between Quentin and Roy, Roy's death, someone Oliver actively recruited into the Arrow lifestyle, would be more likely to push him to want to leave being Arrow for good (everyone around him keeps dying/getting hurt) and run to Ra's and the LoA.

If Roy dies, I'm going to be sad. I like him in the background. At least, his presence doesn't grate. But, maybe, he'll be resurrected, along with Sara, to go on to the spinoff, too? After all, he's a white male with a comic book superhero canon character, the death might not stick. It could just mean a "new" beginning.

• Love 1
(edited)

Everyone wants Laurel to die, so they will probably just kill off Roy instead. I honestly have no idea what goes through their heads.

I don't really want Laurel dead, although I really wouldn't shed a tear over it if it happened. I just want her to go on a long extended offscreen road trip with Nyssa, and maybe pop in on the spinoff every now and then to check in with Sara (assuming Caity IS playing our Sara).

Damn, I'm actually more annoyed by this than I thought I would be. :( I didn't think I cared about Roy that much.

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 5
(edited)

I'm not sure Quentin's death is off the table though, even if they are killing Roy off. And I still think Maseo will die before the end of of the season too - Tatsu still has to become Katana after all. Maybe they decided to respond to our complaints about fridging female characters by evening the male-female fridging ratio in one fell swoop./sarcasm

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 1

Roy seems to have the biggest target on his back. His death could be a way to jumpstart Thea's journey towards the mask and help cut down the number of permanent costumed heroes on the show/people in the foundry. He was never my favorite but I'd be bummed if he leaves.

As much as I want it to be Laurel I think they're gonna keep her around for as long as they can and have her continue to be the injustice I can't run from.

• Love 12

Roy's death would be way to give Oliver another failure. Apparently he can get even lower. It would also cause conflict if Thea does try to pick up a mask if he didn't want Laurel in the field then Thea in the field, even though she isn't inept, would drive Oliver nuts.

• Love 2

So if, in 3x19, Palmer fails, Roy dies, Oliver decides to be Ra's/joins the LoA, and the Foundry gets destroyed (I wonder what'll happen to Diggle and Felicity, though?), guess who Starling City's lone masked vigilante will be? Laurel "My Life Was Always Headed to That Mask" Lance. Lol. Nightmare fuel. Just burn all of SC to the ground and build it back up as Star City.

• Love 15

I wouldn't rule out a big fat misleading going on. As someone has already pointed out, why would they spoil something like this? Yes, those tweets are cryptic, but they are all pointing towards someone -no matter who- leaving. Were there any indications about Sara's death while they were filming the premiere? I can't remember.At this point I think it's one of these three options:

1-Either Roy or Quentin will die.

2-Maybe all signs point to either Roy or Quentin dying, to have the audience shocked when  instead it'll be Felicity or Diggle leaving.

3-Maybe they just want to keep people talking and wondering who's going to bite it.

I'm choosing to believe it's n.3. The other options are too depressing.

• Love 1

So it sounds like they're killing yet another character to enable Laurel to be relevant? Getting rid of the primary masked sidekick would clear the decks for her to step up. And if it's not Roy, it's Quentin? Jesus, how many must die just for her 'journey' to work? It's actually scary how much these writers seem willing to toss down the drain to keep Cassidy in a job.

• Love 11
Were there any indications about Sara's death while they were filming the premiere? I can't remember.

No, there were not. We were on Sara deathwatch, of course, but nobody expected it to happen so soon (esp. because we knew Caity was supposed to be in at least 3 episodes).

It's funny - I actually wanted Roy to die ever since season 2 just to free Thea of their ultimately boring relationship, but now that it has a real shot of happening, I don't even watch the show anymore. Oh well.

• Love 1

So it sounds like they're killing yet another character to enable Laurel to be relevant? Getting rid of the primary masked sidekick would clear the decks for her to step up. And if it's not Roy, it's Quentin? Jesus, how many must die just for her 'journey' to work? It's actually scary how much these writers seem willing to toss down the drain to keep Cassidy in a job.

It sure seems this way.

Maybe SA is talking about the flashbacks? I think we can say for sure that the kid is going to die.

(edited)

I KNEW IT.

It is fishy that they would tweet what seems like such a major spoiler, but maybe they underestimate people's ability to put 2+2 together? Colton also has a friend visiting him this week (he was tweeting about it-is it an 'I'm being killed off' comfort visit?) and that coupled with everything else, including that sad faced Insta he shared with EBR, I really do think he's going to bite it.

It could be Oliver saying goodbye, but why would real life emotions creep into that? He'll be back, and he's kind of already said goodbye to them all in The Climb. Maybe Roy's death doesn't just spur on Thea's mask-wearing journey, maybe it's what prompts Oliver to agree to Ra's offer?

I hope this is all some massive misdirect. On one hand, killing Roy is almost pointless since he's usually such a non-entity, but I did like him being a quippy in the background, occasionally busting out with a truth bomb. And as y'all mentioned above, it doesn't do much to solve the mask bloat.

Maybe SA is talking about the flashbacks? I think we can say for sure that the kid is going to die.

Nah. Colton wouldn't tweet about that kid - he wouldn't have met him or had to say goodbye to him.

Edited by apinknightmare

I'm going to be super pissed off if they kill Roy. It's pointless. Roy is just a decent kid that made a couple of bad mistakes.

So here is a thought...what if Roy doesn't die but instead surrenders himself for killing the cop? He might be getting written out of the show but maybe not dead?

• Love 2

My opinion of Arrow is so low this season that I'll be happy enough as long as they don't kill off another woman. I like Roy, but I can't get upset at the thought of his character being killed off when we've already lost much more interesting people like Moira and Sara. Hopefully they'll avoid killing anyone in season four and find a few alternate ways to end a character's storyline. Then again, maybe Roy doesn't even die and they're just shipping him off to the spin-off or something.

(edited)

Someone should make an infograph of whose deaths propelled whose character development and send it to the EPs, because JFC. There are fake deaths, real deaths, unsolved deaths, stupid deaths, shocking deaths, saw it coming deaths, all sorts of deaths. But only deaths. Nothing else.

Edited by dancingnancy
  • Love 12
(edited)

Someone should make an infograph of whose deaths propelled whose character development and send it to the EPs, because JFC. There are fake deaths, real deaths, unsolved deaths, stupid deaths, shocking deaths, saw it coming deaths, all sorts of deaths. But only deaths. Nothing else.

Literally everyone on this show has been pushed forward narratively by death:  

Oliver: Yao Fei, Shado, Moira, Robert, Tommy

Diggle: Andy

Felicity: Cooper

Roy: His friends in the Glades

Laurel: Tommy, Sara, Kate Spencer

Quentin: Sara

Thea: Moira

Malcolm: His wife

Ray: Anna

Like I said before. It's lazy writing. 

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 11

I can't believe that they would be this obvious about a big character death such as Roy's. I mean, they could just come out and say it out loud at this point.

I mean maybe the others are right and it's a red herring... But maybe it's to also keep people talking about the show during the hiatus? Because maybe they sensed that enthusiasm was dropping and they wanted to fix that by dropping some pretty hefty spoilers? IDK

• Love 2

I mean maybe the others are right and it's a red herring... But maybe it's to also keep people talking about the show during the hiatus? Because maybe they sensed that enthusiasm was dropping and they wanted to fix that by dropping some pretty hefty spoilers? IDK

I'm not sure hinting at yet ANOTHER death is a good way to get people talking if their enthusiasm is slipping, haha.

• Love 4

I'm not sure hinting at yet ANOTHER death is a good way to get people talking if their enthusiasm is slipping, haha.

But don't you know pinknightmare, its A GAME CHANGER! Of course people should be uber excited.

I'm going with Roy just bc of what Stephen posted about it being the last time thing w Roy, Laurel, Arrow in costume.

I wonder if they dropped the ship of Raurel because people were complaining about people propping up laurel. It would have been HILARIOUS if they would have hooked them up then offed him. Double weep.  *eyeroll*  This show . . .

(edited)

I wouldn't rule out a big fat misleading going on. As someone has already pointed out, why would they spoil something like this? Yes, those tweets are cryptic, but they are all pointing towards someone -no matter who- leaving. Were there any indications about Sara's death while they were filming the premiere? I can't remember.At this point I think it's one of these three options:

1-Either Roy or Quentin will die.

2-Maybe all signs point to either Roy or Quentin dying, to have the audience shocked when  instead it'll be Felicity or Diggle leaving.

3-Maybe they just want to keep people talking and wondering who's going to bite it.

I'm choosing to believe it's n.3. The other options are too depressing.

Yeah I think this might be the case. I kinda feel there's some mislead going on lol. I don\t think any death was spoiled like this in tweets. Maybe they are trying to drive discussion during the hiatus lol. 

Or I could be wrong and Roy is dying lol. I just don't see why they would spoil it like that lol. 

Was Katie Cassidy filming yesterday? 

Edited by ban1o
  • Love 1
(edited)

They start filming 320 tomorrow so i guess we'll just have to track PB and CH to see if either aren't reporting to Van for work?

I do agree about the public statements, they were really really quiet about Susanne last year, we didn't figure it out until we heard Colin Salmon was filming a scene in 320.

Edited by Morrigan2575

They start filming 320 tomorrow so i guess we'll just have to track PB and CH to see if either aren't reporting to Van for work?

Yeah I feel like if it's Roy especially we should be able to figure out unless he really tries hard to cover it up since Colton is so active on social media. 

• Love 1

I get people's skepticism that this is just a red herring and no one dies but would all the actors go so far as to coordinate a ruse like that? I mean, cruelty towards fans is a big part of MG's wheelhouse, but Stephen isn't usually known to do that. Emily certainly doesn't do it. Colton likes to toy but it's mostly about unimportant things. Unless the cast has decided that this is the best joke ever I don't see how it's anything other than someone getting offed.

• Love 1
(edited)

Well, they certainly got everyone talking about the show so mission accomplished I guess. And they started off this season killing Sara, so why not end it just as depressingly? Ugh.

I'm conflicted because I used to like Quentin when he had screen time in s2 but he's hardly been onscreen at all this season so I can see that leading to his death. Plus more fuel for Laurel's journey. We all know that's the only thing that motivates her.

But then there's Roy who has improved a lot this season while also feeling like he's hardly there so I don't think it would be a huge loss in terms of screen time. And he also gives Thea's journey fuel and is another supposed failure that Oliver would take on his conscience because Oliver needs more pain obviously.

I don't want either of these options because the first one is losing someone who doesn't wear a mask and the show desperately needs to keep the mask-less people. And the second is taking away a character who has potential.

This show's reliance on death as a motivator or shock tactic is pathetic.

Edited by Angel12d
  • Love 3
(edited)

I will never forgive them for dropping the "Dinah" when they had Laurel say that in 3.01, because I was like "Oh yay, Sara's safe, Laurel TOTALLY isn't becoming BC."  And then FIVE SECONDS LATER . . .

I suppose its possible Roy leaves starling, no longer able to deal with his guilt over cop or something . . . Perhaps he and Ray leave together for spinoff land?

Poor Roy has really gotten the shaft, his whole training/transition to a part of the team pushed off for Sara's arc, then have so much of his development like the suit happen in the comic.  Why couldn't they just GIVE US 2.5 as season 3???

Let's not forget that spoiler from way back about there being 3 legit heroes in starling allowing Oliver to do his thang in the finale.  If Roy dies, what?  Thea, Buckles, phoney stark?   HAHAHAHAHA. Okay, show.  And no, I don't think TIIC will count Dig and F.

Edited by chaos is welcome
  • Love 1

If they were shooting the season-ending episode, I'd say it was Malcolm who was being killed off.  But at this point, I'm going with Roy or Quentin as the sacrifice.  Maybe Roy is killed by the partner or relative of that cop he killed when he was under the influence of mirakuru?  And I agree there's going to be a genuine character death - it's the 'shocking character death' cliche to generate buzz.

Those lights seem pointless, especially when stealth was a major tool in Oliver's arsenal. They give away his presence too easily.

If those wrist cuffs give him a power punch that is cool and all, but still don't need the lights.

The Arrow costume designs this season favor style over stealth.  Hence, we have the multitude of shiny buckles on Laurel's costume.  Now we'll get lights on Oliver's costume.  Maybe Thea's costume will glow in the dark.

• Love 1

Roy would be a surprise to casual viewers. The show has been foreshadowing something happening to Thea or Felicity. Roy's death would certainly deal a blow to Oliver. I wouldn't even want to watch it to be honest. There is only so much pain I can watch that man take.

Thinking about it yesterday and today, I'm surprised at how much I really don't want Roy to die. I didn't care much for him in S1/S2. He had nice moments but wasn't a standout. But I have enjoyed him more this season, the character does have potential. I don't read comics, but I heard that Arsenal lost an arm and got a bionic one. Again, I don't know details, but I thought that could be a really cool storyline. Felicity could even help build it. 

I actually think keeping Roy around helps Laurel. Pairing them off makes her look better, because she is a joke next to Oliver and Diggle. Critics have actually pointed out that they work better paired up. Of course, that could be another reason to kill him off. Make it about Laurel again.

• Love 3
(edited)

I'm really wondering if this will be Roy and Quentin.  Quentin tries to arrest Roy for the murder of the cop.  Somehow in the ensuing chase Roy and Quentin end up in the Foundry and BOOM...they both die.

Edited by catrox14

I get people's skepticism that this is just a red herring and no one dies but would all the actors go so far as to coordinate a ruse like that? I mean, cruelty towards fans is a big part of MG's wheelhouse, but Stephen isn't usually known to do that. Emily certainly doesn't do it. Colton likes to toy but it's mostly about unimportant things. Unless the cast has decided that this is the best joke ever I don't see how it's anything other than someone getting offed.

I don't think there's an organized misdirection plan.  I do think it's entirely possible that fans are reading more into the public comments then is intended by the actors.  I do think it's entirely possible that we're drawing the wrong conclusions...which fandom has done before...a lot.

• Love 5
(edited)

I don't think there's an organized misdirection plan.  I do think it's entirely possible that fans are reading more into the public comments then is intended by the actors.  I do think it's entirely possible that we're drawing the wrong conclusions...which fandom has done before...a lot.

yeah this is possible as well. They could be referring to something else entirely besides someone dying. Although I think the actors would have to realize those tweets sound very ominous lol. 

Edited by ban1o

Yes, this is one of the reasons why the death/s seem quite likely, but it's the use of pointed words such as "goodbye" or "last time" that makes it suspicious, especially when they've been so tight-lipped about other things. And, frankly, I don't trust this people anymore lol.

Maybe it'll be less tragic and they'll have just Quentin or Roy leave town, without any tragic death? There could even be an official announcement that actor x is leaving the show, hence the freedom to tweet about it? IDK

(edited)

Maybe they are just really upset about losing the Foundry… lol

lol if that is it, that would be hilarious trolling. Guggenheim did say the last 4 episodes wouldn't be in the foundry right? I'm pretty sure it gets blown up or something based on Stephen's picture. 

Edited by ban1o
  • Love 2

I think, if Laurel also left, I could be ok with losing Roy (although I don't like it). It's the idea of Laurel being Oliver's primary costumed sidekick going forward that's sticking in my craw. What was it Morrigan2575 said awhile back about Laurel having to get everything that Sara had? So if Arsenal's out of the way, it's the Arrow/Canary show 2.0. That's a severely unhappy-making thought.

If they're going to do this, go all the way. Clear the decks. Leave us with Oliver, Diggle, Felicity, and Thea (and Lyla - no killing Lyla). But if this is setup for season four being the Arrow/Canary show (the remake), I'm so very out of here.

• Love 14

Oh man. That would be amazing if both of those tweets were exactly about the Lair being destroyed.  I am hanging my hat on this one.  Well Done 10Eleven12

If it's the Arrow/Black Canary show, I'm out.  I can't with Laurel being more elevated than she is now.  And if it's GA/BC then we surely end up with Lauriver.  

• Love 1

it would be hilarious if this was about the Foundry or *gasp* Sally!

I have tolerated a lot of bullshit in this show lately, but destroying Sally????  I can't....I just..../walks away muttering incoherently

• Love 3

I can't express how much I wish it were Laurel too because it could open up a lot of screen time which could be used for solidifying the narrative for next season... But that character is like a cockroach. She could probably survive a nuclear bomb while everyone else dies. So.....

I think that you can read my mind.  I was just thinking yesterday that Laurel is a cockroach and there is no getting rid of her!!  I would love to replace her with Thea, but sadly, I also think that Roy is going to bite it.  That really sucks because most of Laurel's scenes out in the field are with him.  So now she's going to be fighting right alongside Arrow, where she "rightfully" belongs.  Blech.  Maybe I'm out for season 4 as well.  

• Love 1

A character's death is such a big thing to spoil on a show and the tweets are so heavy-handed with SOMEONE WILL DIE. They even seem to highlight Roy. It's odd. 

• Love 1

That's why I think 10Eleven12's theory that it's all tongue in cheek could be spot on.

On the other hand, maybe they are foreshadowing Oliver's departure.  I know it seems crazy but what if SA is leaving the show?  What if he's tired of being marginalized and see OGTA being split up with no sense they will be reunited. 

I'm looking at those cuffs with the lights and I wonder if it's for tracking purposes more than anything.

OR if Oliver is captured and those are like explosive devices, like the collar the Dodger used to kill people?