Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

(edited)

While I'm happy for Willa that she's getting a mask, the masked cast is way, way too bloated and it's taking over Felicity's and Diggle's space on the show.  Which wouldn't be a problem except that I feel that Felicity and Diggle are better characters than anyone in a mask except for Oliver.

Taking the rest to Hopes and Fears.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 16

While I'm happy for Willa that she's getting a mask, the masked cast is way, way too bloated and it's taking over Felicity's and Diggle's space on the show.  Which wouldn't be a problem except that I feel that Felicity and Diggle are better characters than anyone in a mask except for Oliver.

Taking the rest to Hopes and Fears.

I have been liking Thea more but yes I agree with loving Dig and Felicity over everybody with a Mask except for Oliver

• Love 1
(edited)

Mm I wonder what they are going to do though. Seriously. If Roy doesn't die and Laurel gets more training then there will be Oliver, Laurel, Roy and Thea running around as masked superheroes in the city which is kinda excessive for a tv show called "Arrow"  Like is Starling City THAT bad?

One thing I've noticed about the show that I'm missing is Oliver's "normal billionaire" life. With people like Tommy, Laurel, Thea, Moira, Walter etc. included in that. Now that Tommy and Moira are dead, Walter is MIA and Thea and Laurel are now in the process of becoming vigilantes, and he has no control over Queens Consolidated,  it feels like there truly is no Oliver Queen. 

Edited by ban1o
  • Love 10
(edited)

Well, I think we all know this show is no longer actually about the Green Arrow and it is about launching ERRY other superhero in DC's pantheon.   :(

Naa the show is now really about Bucklanary. - insert eye roll-

Edited by foreverevolving
  • Love 1

If she wasn't getting a mask until S4 there'd be no need to do her fitting now.  More than likely she's getting it in 322 or 323.  I think people over-estimated the timing involved with KC/LL but it was only like 4 weeks (2 episodes) between sitting for the cast and debuting the mask (did the cast while filming 308 and debuted it in 310).

I've see enough episodes of "Face Off" (that Sy-Fy make up artist competition) to know that it doesn't take much more than a couple days to make both a head cast and then use it make the masks or other prosthetics.  I guess the rest of the time is spent planning and designing? 

(edited)

In regards SA's tweet about real emotions seeping into scripted goodbyes. 

Could the goodbye be a so long from Oliver to the rest of the team while he goes off to be a head honcho bad guy?  Maybe he's going to be segregated again like he was when he "died" and didn't get to hang with the his peeps for weeks? 

I know, long shot. 

Somehow I still worry more about Quentin than Roy. 

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 2

In regards SA's tweet about real emotions seeping into scripted goodbyes. 

Could the goodbye be a so long from Oliver to the rest of the team while he goes off to be a head honcho bad guy?  Maybe he's going to be segregated again like he was when he "died" and didn't get to hang with the his peeps for weeks? 

I know, long shot. 

Somehow I still worry more about Quentin than Roy. 

I'd be more worried about Quentin if SA didn't post this a couple of weeks ago:

tumblr_nkmegytlyi1sl698wo1_540.jpg

I mean I'd really like it if it was Laurel. But we all know that it's Roy, unfortunately. I think that Roy should stay because he's usually in the background and doesn't require a lot to actually be liked and relevant. *sigh*

• Love 3
(edited)

I don't think it's Oliver leaving -- they already did that in the mid-season finale episodes, and even then they had him in them past and present.

You're right to be worried about Quentin though. 

I'm hoping it's not Roy because that would leave Oliver and Diggle vs Felicity, Laurel and Thea in the lair. Way too many females to males for a show that wants to appeal to the young male demographic.

It's not Willa because she's just getting her mask. I hope Speedy isn't replacing Arsenal as Oliver's sidekick.

How about if Laurel decides she's not going to be the Black Canary any more?  She doesn't have to die, just stay a lawyer.

Edited by statsgirl

I don't think it's Oliver leaving -- they already did that in the mid-season finale episodes, and even then they had him in them past and present.

You're right to be worried about Quentin though. 

I'm hoping it's not Roy because that would leave Oliver and Diggle vs Felicity, Laurel and Thea in the lair. Way too many females to males for a show that wants to appeal to the young male demographic.

It's not Willa because she's just getting her mask. I hope Speedy isn't replacing Arsenal as Oliver's sidekick.

How about if Laurel decides she's not going to be the Black Canary any more?  She doesn't have to die, just stay a lawyer.

As a male I wouldn't mind seeing more females than males down in Arrow Cave IF Roy leaves BUT if he does I'd rather Laurel leave as well leaving Thea Oliver Felicity and Dig as Team Arrow

Everybody is forgetting about Maseo. Maybe that's who the tweet is referring to. Although the timing of the Q&A with PB has me worried about Quentin. So Sara's coming back and Quentin has to die. Kill me now!! 

(edited)

If they kill Roy to spark Thea getting a mask, I'll be so angry. It's just sheer laziness on the writers part. WHy must someone die in order for a character to move forward? That's just ridiculous

And we know it's not Diggle because he's the shows token black person and he has HIVE next season... So it really narrows down to 3 people:

• Maseo
  • Roy
  • Quentin

Maseo will probably die which will make Tatsu into Katana. Or Roy will die in order to make Thea into Speedy. I honestly don't think it'll be Quentin because I don't think Oliver knew him enough to be upset about Quentin dying. Sure he'd be sorry for Laurel, but it wouldn't upset him. 

lol The writers really are lazy. 

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 3

I hope it's not Roy!!! Although it could be the catalyst for Thea putting on her mask. Oh boy they always kill the wrong characters.

Oh if it was Laurel dead instead of Sara!! Or Malcolm dead instead of Moira!

• Love 4

I can't express how much I wish it were Laurel too because it could open up a lot of screen time which could be used for solidifying the narrative for next season... But that character is like a cockroach. She could probably survive a nuclear bomb while everyone else dies. So.....

• Love 11

My money is on Felicity. I'm not even kidding.  I think she is going to leave with Ray to Coast or Central City.  Or they might go as far as killing Felicity for the shock value.

(edited)

If it's Roy, this does not please me. He's so innocuous and I enjoy him hanging out in the background. And if he does die, why would Thea jump in to take his place? I can't see Oliver being okay with his sister joining a team where yet another person close to him has died. Granted, Thea's story shouldn't be about Oliver, but come on! As much as a newbie as Roy is in the vigilante life, Buckles still makes him look like a master fighter.

The more I think about this, the more bummed I am. If true, it's yet one more bright part of the show, they're snuffing out.

Edited by calliope1975
  • Love 3
(edited)

I don't want it to be Roy if only because Oliver and Thea have already lost too many people close to them in the last 2 years. Maseo or Tatsu are probably more likely to leave/die.

I might be too much of an optimist, but I still think the two FB posts are just SA playing up the "Oliver leaves for the LOA" plot point, just like he insisted Oliver was dead all throughout winter hiatus. This is the same guy that tweeted "Well, that was a good run" right after 3x09 ended, so I wouldn't put it past him. There are also the spoilers about a change in suits and super secret fittings to consider.

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 1
(edited)

Yeah I could see it actually being Oliver leaving and the fitting might be for his new Ra's Ollie Ghul (tm someone else here but I can't remember who, I'm sorry!) outfit.

mm yeah I could see this being it lol. Like him actually joining the league and saying goodbye to everyone. But a character could die/leave the show as well. I guess I'll be checking out people's instagrams to figure it out lol. 

Edited by ban1o

If it's Roy, this does not please me. He's so innocuous and I enjoy him hanging out in the background. And if he does die, why would Thea jump in to take his place? I can't see Oliver being okay with his sister joining a team where yet another person close to him has died. Granted, Thea's story shouldn't be about Oliver, but come on! As much as a newbie as Roy is in the vigilante life, Buckles still makes him look like a master fighter.

The more I think about this, the more bummed I am. If true, it's yet one more bright part of the show, they're snuffing out.

They wouldn't get rid of Roy because the existence of his character and the fact that Buckles is side kick to the side kick makes Laurel's attempt at Canary extra ridiculous, would they?

(edited)

I wonder if the tweet is misleading. I mean would Stephen really spoil a character death so early?

That's what makes me think this isn't about any of the main cast dying; he wouldn't spoil something like that. 

I don't really get why everyone thinks someone is dying from that post. All he actually says is that scripted good-byes can be difficult, I'm assuming emotionally. At least that's my interpretation?

Edited by lemotomato

I think it's Quentin. Not dying necessarily, but maybe just leaving? He took the pic with Arsenal, Arrow and Buckles, and SA has been posting a lot about PB lately. This sucks.

(edited)

I don't really get why everyone thinks someone is dying from that post. All he actually says is that scripted good-byes can be emotional. At least that's my interpretation?

Goodbyes, especially scripted ones, come in many forms.

Maybe Roy isn't dead but does go away off the show?  Maybe Roy will be in the spin off?  Red Arrow anyone? 

I think it's Quentin. Not dying necessarily, but maybe just leaving? He took the pic with Arsenal, Arrow and Buckles, and SA has been posting a lot about PB lately. This sucks.

If so I vote that he retires and moves to Vegas.  The desert air, I'm sure, would be good for his health. As would the company he might find there.  

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 5

That's what makes me think this isn't about any of the main cast dying; he wouldn't spoil something like that. 

yeah that's my hesitation to think someone is dying On facebook he also said "Putting the finishing touches on our 65th episode tonight. It features one of the most emotional, touching and heartfelt scenes we've ever produced Everyone was equal to the task. Long day, but a good one." Obviously this strongly implies someone will die but I just don't think he would spoil that. 

(edited)

PB is doing a Q&A with SA tomorrow. Is that a clue??? (Everything's become a conspiracy to me, and it'll all probably end up being nothing.)

I'm gonna call Quentin dying but telling Oliver he's a good man and he's done the city proud, etc. hence the super emotional goodbye.

Edited by calliope1975
  • Love 2

LOL Colton just posted something too. 

What a rough night. Probably the most difficult day I've had at work in my life. So many emotions all around that couldn't be controlled
(edited)

Colton is pretty active on twitter/instagram. If Roy does die I feel like we would be able to tell in the next few weeks lol. 

Edited by ban1o

Well Colton's post doesn't sound promising. 

I like Roy.  I've always liked Roy.  He makes a good little brother and he and Thea have always been cute together.  He's such a good utility player on the show whether for extra stunts out in the field or a way to keep connected with Thea. 

Welp sounds like Roy or Thea are goners or how but this. The green wedding. What if they just slaughter team Arrow?

The wedding is 3.17?  Is that right?  And Felicity is hanging out at the hospital in 3.18 for some reason. 

• Love 3
(edited)

I'm actually not confident it's Roy though lol (if someone does die) I'm actually leaning towards Quentin tbh. 

Edited by ban1o
  • Love 1

I'm actually not confident it's Roy though lol (if someone does die) I'm actually leaning towards Quentin tbh. 

They've certainly been heavy handed about the quality of his health. Chekhov's heart condition finally going off?

I still want the Lazarus Pits for Quentin, then the heart condition thing would be off the table for good.  He is going to meet Ra's, so maybe it's not so far fetched. 

• Love 1

So, in season 2 we had The Lunge in ep 13 and Moira's death in ep 20.

In season 3 we got Ray/Felicity in ep 15 and it looks like a major death in ep 19.

Geez, can't these guys do anything original?! They're even ripping themselves off now.

• Love 8

So with Colton's tweet it narrows down the death watch to two people (It can't be Maseo because Roy doesn't know Maseo nor has he ever had a scene with him):

• Quentin
  • Roy

I'm leaning more towards Roy right now (sigh), I was starting to like him which is sad. So what we know about episode 19, the foundry explodes, so maybe Roy tries to save Thea and dies (a la Tommy) and maybe Oliver is on the comms and hears Roy dying which is why Oliver would be in that scene? 

My favorite theory is that Laurel strolls into the foundry uninvited (again), and then the foundry explodes. Lmao I would laugh so much! *sigh* let me have this. Just let me have it. 

• Love 2
(edited)

Oh duh. *facepalm*

It's really starting to sound like Roy. Which I really hate. :(

And I'm sorry for the bitterness, but I'm getting tired of this show getting rid of characters I like while the one character I wish they'd get rid of sticks around like a bad cold. :(

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 9

Everyone wants Laurel to die, so they will probably just kill off Roy instead. I honestly have no idea what goes through their heads.

These writers follow the example that the Smallville EP's set and will continue to ignore criticism aimed at the shows least-liked character, all the while giving her irrelevant storylines and a lot of screentime. On the bright side though, if they continue to follow in Smallville's footsteps Laurel will be gone around season 8 like Lana. Yay?

• Love 8

Oh duh. *facepalm*

It's really starting to sound like Roy. Which I really hate. :(

And I'm sorry for the bitterness, but I'm getting tired of this show getting rid of characters I like while the one character I wish they'd get rid of sticks around like a bad cold. :(

Like I said, my friend, she's a cockroach. I totally understand the bitterness. The one character death or whatever that could relieve the show of its bloated cast is Laurel. We already know Ray isn't going to be there next season so with both Ray and Laurel gone, there could be so much time for the rest of the cast. 

I mean, if Laurel were actually relevant I wouldn't say this, but she isn't so I really don't understand why the show is keeping her around. 

• Love 13

Well, we have four things here.

1) SA posts a pic of the Arrow, BC, and Arsenal together and says "Capturing some things for the very last time tonight". Could mean a lot of things but the immediate thing that leaps to mind is that one of the people in that picture is leaving.

2) Willa Holland posts a pic of being fitted for a mask. Not terribly surprising, but this show loves to use death as a reason for putting on a mask, and whose death, other than Oliver's, would hit Thea the hardest right now?

3) SA posts tweet - "Sometimes real feelings creep into a scene. Goodbyes are tough. Even when they're scripted." Someone in the cast is saying goodbye.

4) Colton Haynes posts tweet - "What a rough night. Probably the most difficult day I've had at work in my life. So many emotions all around that couldn't be controlled".

I don't know. I hope I'm wrong. But unless this is all deliberate misdirection, it's looking like Roy to me. :(

• Love 2