Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

IMO you are exactly right, @apinknightmare! Regarding the "Oliver Queen vs Arrow" issues, I think that Oliver's joining the League and becoming the new "Heir to the Demon" or even "The Demon's Head" IS related to the question of his identity: As the leader of the LoA, Oliver would be something like an "improved" (more efficient, powerful, as well as invincible and [almost] immortal) version of the "Arrow": a "hero"/ vigilante who dedicates himself 100% to his cause without any human ties/ relationships of love or friendship that would "distract", "weaken"or "hinder" him in his endeavors...

I also had a thought that making Oliver the new Ra's and letting him have access to the Lazarus Pit would be a way of dealing with the metahuman aspect since it looks like they might be bringing them onto the show. That way Oliver has "powers" without really having them. Yeah, he's a mortal, but he has a get out of death free card. 

It's such a ridiculous notion that I'd normally dismiss it, but with this show at this point I guess anything's possible. Although I'm not even remotely interested in watching a show like that.

I do think though that we're going to watch Oliver lose the battle for his humanity in the past, but win it in the present - so if he takes Ra's up on his offer, he's going to only do it with the intent of beating him (and maybe consider keeping the mantle after he does it, but ultimately he won't). 

• Love 3

I'm convinced that all this "only the student can defeat the master" BS means that Oliver is going to take Ra's offer, learn from him, and then beat him that way.

Maybe he doesn't beat him but really becomes his "Heir"... and stays his "Heir" during the first part of S4? Or we will even see a Ra's who retires or even dies (and can't be resurrected by any Pit anymore)? In that case Oliver would indeed pick up Ra's mantle? This would be interesting because clearly Oliver would have to let go of the ideals that tie him to the "human"/ "Oliver Queen"/ "TA&Felicity related" side of himself.

ETA: O.K. just read your last post, @apinknightmare. You've got a point there. And honestly, I personally would prefer, if S3 ended on a somewhat happier note... with Oliver saving his humanity.

Edited by Kordi

I wonder if Ra's offer is not a test / a trap in itself - perhaps only a person who doesn't want to become the Head of the Demon can be one?

I'm probably giving this too much thought, because the writers - most likely - worked it out like this:

"Let's make Ra's offer Oliver his place!"

"COOL!"

Btw, if Ra's is just a title in the Arrow-verse... What is this current Ra's name? Bob the construction worker from Sydney, Australia?

Anyhow, there is a shot in the extended trailer with a recently cut hand being submerged in the hot Lazarus tub. I'm guessing Ra's is demonstrating the healing powers to unconvinced Oliver.

• Love 6

Btw, if Ra's is just a title in the Arrow-verse... What is this current Ra's name? Bob the construction worker from Sydney, Australia?

I will accept that Ra's is just a title in this universe because the idea that that guy (sorry Matt Nable) is the original, official Ra's al Ghul is laughable to me. I guessing he won the title after a few beers were drunk.

• Love 2

I'm convinced that all this "only the student can defeat the master" BS means that Oliver is going to take Ra's offer, learn from him, and then beat him that way. Although why they'd off him as a villain at this point in the show I don't know, unless they plan on bringing him back for vengeance later, or Oliver does something stupid like put Malcolm in charge of things.

It would explain why they keep using such a craptastic idea when for the past 2 seasons, it was out-thinking the master the let Oliver win.

If I were Nyssa, I'd be so furious at being passed over when I'm called 'the Heir to the Demon', I'd form an anti-league and take down Ra's myself.  Hopefully consisting of kick ass women of various gender orientations.

IMO you are exactly right, @apinknightmare! Regarding the "Oliver Queen vs Arrow" issues, I think that Oliver's joining the League and becoming the new "Heir to the Demon" or even "The Demon's Head" IS related to the question of his identity: As the leader of the LoA, Oliver would be something like an "improved" (more efficient, powerful, as well as invincible and [almost] immortal) version of the "Arrow": a "hero"/ vigilante who dedicates himself 100% to his cause without any human ties/ relationships of love or friendship that would "distract", "weaken"or "hinder" him in his endeavors... Maybe we are yet to see an Oliver that entirely gives up on his humanity. Maybe S3 turns out to be about Oliver choosing to be this new kind of Arrow... May guess is S3 will turn out to be a tragedy (similar to "Star Wars Episode 3" that ended with Anakin Skywalker turning into Darth Vader)... By this I mean that S3 will turn out to be a piece that is planned and designed as a tragedy. (There are also many plot points and portions of the writing that are tragical in a different sense... without the EPs intending nor realizing this...).

You mean planned to be a tragedy rather than becoming one because of the bad writing?

They've said that there will be two parallel progressions, Oliver losing his humanity in flashbacks and regaining it in the present day. Would they do an obstacle where Oliver loses his humanity in s3 and regains it in s4?  That seems to be typical for this group because I doubt they have a cohesive storyline covering 5 seasons.  (J.Michael Strazynski, where are you?)

And honestly, I personally would prefer, if S3 ended on a somewhat happier note... with Oliver saving his humanity.

Sadly, at this point, I realized I don't care about Oliver any more.  He's being a jackass to everyone he says he cares about (except Diggle in this episode) and I have no idea why Waller or Ra's want him on their team.

• Love 3

If Oliver were to accept Ra's offer, would he really be at Diggle's wedding in episode 17? 

Also, he still seems to be in Starling in episode 18. Then again, SA did say in that photo of the comic ta that the photo captured some things for the last time... I'm still hoping it's Laurel before she leaves for Nanda Parbat to train with Nyssa

• Love 1

I think Ras will give him some time to think about the decision, so a few eps in SC I dont think are indicative of his final decision. What is keeping him is SC? There is really nothing there for him anymore. His mission to avenge his father is done. TA can protect the city. They can always call him if things get bad. LoA has resources he could always go visit Thea, Roy & Dig. Felicity is no longer an option. Plus, even if she were, I don't honestly think OQ believes he deserves her or any happiness she might bring. Maybe taking Ras up on his offer is the best option for him. Still don't quite get why Ras offered it, but thats whole other post. Maybe he think he can do some good with LoA. The rid the world of evil for the whole greater good concept. I would love to read their code and what it really says. Maybe he takes the job and like people suggests destroys it from the inside? Or maybe he just changes how they operate? He could justify his actions by still honoring his lost loved ones by protecting the innocent. Its very s1 OQ and inline with his emotional status & guilt he feels. Would he cost him his soul? Probably, but I wonder what value OQ even places on his soul these days? Maybe he already spent it. Never mind, he faces death, vulnerability, & guilt by retreating to isolation. Just like after Tommy died, he returned to the island. The man does not have good coping mechanisms. Its sad that in the beginning of s3 I would have been all for the fight to save OQ's soul, and now Im ready to trade it away because it seems the best option. The writers have minimized his role in SC to the point, that I dont understand why he would stay? The OQ that is on our screens now is not ready or on the course to becoming GA, something needs to break him or change his course. I think a stint as LoA leader or heir to the demon might be the best narrative story they've got. Worst case scenario, he can always pass it off to Maseo when the writers get bored with their JL and want him back permanently in SC. I personally see them having him go the NP, ending the season on a dark note. And then s4, will be the fight to get OQ back, because reasons. There is no one and no real reason I see him wanting to stay in SC & fight for OQ/Arrow.

• Love 1

I was wondering where you are @jay741982. How you holding up man?

Thanks for Caring Limbo! I haven't watched the episode in full yet only seen where Laurel delivered that line that I was almost afraid they would have Felicity say. I'm upset at Felicity sleeping with her stalker but knew it was likely coming. I seriously will vomit and am depressed that I will get queasy at her and Ray scenes I hate that cause Felicity is my Girl! I'm so angry that MG is garbage who has done what he did to OG Team Arrow

Edited by jay741982
  • Love 1

Knowing Felicity is only working for her Stalker Boyfriend in 317 is gonna make me fast forward her I hate you MG you fucking dumbass

Maybe I'm delusional but I guess I didn't read that tumblr question and response the same way you did.  I think Felicity is still working for Palmer Technologies but she is probably still with Team Arrow.  Part of this episode's storyline is Arrow vs ATOM with Felicity caught in the middle.  To me, this only makes sense if she is actually helping both and neither one knows it.  It's what has been going on to-date.  This would be her secret (which I am sure will come out by the end of the episode).  Arrow does something ATOM doesn't approve of.   They clash.  Arrow has words to say regarding the suit.  After they clash she might choose one or the other but at this point I think she's helping both.  (EBR is also sharing scenes with Karl Yune-[Maseo] in this episode.) I just don't see them devoting a whole lot of screen time to either her romance with Ray or him being a hero on his own.   

On the one hand, I do think she is being isolated with ATOM but how do you have a mini-justice league on this show (or in this tv universe) without Felicity being involved with all the heroes (Oliver, Laurel, Roy, Ray, Barry, Diggle, Nyssa?, Thea?)- none of them have her technical know how.  She also made it clear in 3.11 that protecting SC was her mission as much as anyone.

• Love 1

Maybe I'm delusional but I guess I didn't read that tumblr question and response the same way you did.  I think Felicity is still working for Palmer Technologies but she is probably still with Team Arrow.  Part of this episode's storyline is Arrow vs ATOM with Felicity caught in the middle.  To me, this only makes sense if she is actually helping both and neither one knows it.  It's what has been going on to-date.  This would be her secret (which I am sure will come out by the end of the episode).  Arrow does something ATOM doesn't approve of.   They clash.  Arrow has words to say regarding the suit.  After they clash she might choose one or the other but at this point I think she's helping both.  (EBR is also sharing scenes with Karl Yune-[Maseo] in this episode.) I just don't see them devoting a whole lot of screen time to either her romance with Ray or him being a hero on his own.   

On the one hand, I do think she is being isolated with ATOM but how do you have a mini-justice league on this show (or in this tv universe) without Felicity being involved with all the heroes (Oliver, Laurel, Roy, Ray, Barry, Diggle, Nyssa?, Thea?)- none of them have her technical know how.  She also made it clear in 3.11 that protecting SC was her mission as much as anyone.

Yeah I probably read it wrong lol this fucking show is just depressing me

Yeah I probably read it wrong lol this fucking show is just depressing me

I read it as are Oliver and Felicity over completely or can things change?  (English is not the tumblr poster's 1st language and there were 2 questions).  MG's response is basically see 3.17

I read it as are Oliver and Felicity over completely or can things change?  (English is not the tumblr poster's 1st language and there were 2 questions).  MG's response is basically see 3.17

It's the Episode where the wedding occurs. It would be a good time to have Oliver and Felicity eye fuck/Give longing looks to each other. But I don't know MG seems to be a real prick pushing Ray on us telling us we will like him tough shit if you don't. I detest Ray why do him and even Laurel get what they want and Oliver never does.

• Love 1

316 seems to fall out from the offer. We'll find out why Nyssa "heir to the demon" is no longer fit to he heir & there will be a villain called Mumbles I believe. There will be at least 1 scene where OQ & FS share a scene per MG. MG also mentioned that 317 would be when we would see more of the ATOM & his suit. 317 will also be when ATOM & Arrow will have a difference in opinion on how to handle a situation. Its safe to say that as it stand right now in the press & on the show OQ & FS are not together and may never be if u listen to SA, while Ray & Felicity are embarking on a serious relationship. So until further notice any romantic notions of FS & OQ together are not on the agenda at least publicly.

I think Ras will give him some time to think about the decision, so a few eps in SC I dont think are indicative of his final decision. What is keeping him is SC? There is really nothing there for him anymore. His mission to avenge his father is done. TA can protect the city

I don't think his father's mission is done, there were a lot of names in that book and the .2.5 summer couldn't have taken care of them all. More likely, the EPs got tired of the storyline.

I think the only reason for him to stay in Starling City is going to be Thea.  Diggle can hook up with ARGUS and the Suicide Squad, Felicity is already off with Ray, and Laurel and Roy can take care of the city.  No need for Oliver Queen or the Arrow, he can be Ra's al Ghul now, if Nyssa doesn't murder him first for taking her place.

Of the spoilers, there's nothing in 316 - 318 that I want to see.  319 Broken Arrow might be interesting, then again, it might not.  MG is teasing an Olicity scene in 316 but I"m not falling into that trap. Felicity is heading into a committed relationship with Ray, she's go no right to say anything to Oliver.

I was so looking forward to Diggle and Lyla's wedding, and now MG has completely ruined it for me.  I bet if Felicity does catch the bouquet, she turns to Ray with it and smiles.

• Love 1

I don't think his father's mission is done, there were a lot of names in that book and the .2.5 summer couldn't have taken care of them all. More likely, the EPs got tired of the storyline.

I think the only reason for him to stay in Starling City is going to be Thea.  Diggle can hook up with ARGUS and the Suicide Squad, Felicity is already off with Ray, and Laurel and Roy can take care of the city.  No need for Oliver Queen or the Arrow, he can be Ra's al Ghul now, if Nyssa doesn't murder him first for taking her place.

Of the spoilers, there's nothing in 316 - 318 that I want to see.  319 Broken Arrow might be interesting, then again, it might not.  MG is teasing an Olicity scene in 316 but I"m not falling into that trap. Felicity is heading into a committed relationship with Ray, she's go no right to say anything to Oliver.

I was so looking forward to Diggle and Lyla's wedding, and now MG has completely ruined it for me.  I bet if Felicity does catch the bouquet, she turns to Ray with it and smiles.

Even if the list still has more names, he can now send his LoA minions to take care of them. Thea can join him NP, they might need a nightclub there to keep loose & have fun. Dig can join Argus. Who knows what Nyssa's fate will be, supposed we might find out in 316. The rest of the spoilers are meh, but then again the more I find out about the show, the less excited I get for it, so maybe avoiding spoilers should be something I consider.

Your vision about the wedding, is just making get very very queasy.  Please just NO! Which reminds me I hope MG's dig about using protection is just his usual petulant social media response, because the thought of a pregnant Felicity with Ray's child would be so far beyond jumping the shark. But I totally could see him trying it, since he seems to have such a low regard for women. And a pregnancy scare how epicly original that idea would be!?!

• Love 3

I dont really know where this question falls, but it came to me while I was scrolling through twitter feeds of dress colors, llamas and some interesting Arrow photoshop, amongst other things. And it got me thinking... Regardless of how Felicity actually feels about Oliver (because still we are officially in the dark) - How do you think Felicity is gonna deal with the guilt of knowing that her silence or at least her unwillingness to really talk to Oliver/ attempt a relationship with him might actually lead him to giving his soul up and becoming the next Ras? I mean if his soul matters so much to her, like all the light metaphors, olicity shipdom and certain scenes have implied. That guilt is gonna weigh pretty heavily on her I think. Maybe that will be the big Thea/Felicity scene that MG so begrudgingly continues to push. She might have given up on being able to save OQ, but that doesnt mean that decision/fallout wont haunt her mind. It would be interesting to see what her response to OQ's career move is gonna be and what role she thinks she has played in the whole debacle.

Its not really a character / relationship piece, and its too spoilery to put there. And it hasnt happened so I cant place it anywhere else...

• Love 3

If Oliver were to accept Ra's offer, would he really be at Diggle's wedding in episode 17? 

I think Ra's either gives him time to think about it (because Oliver's in his Arrow suit in the lair when he says, "Maybe I should become the next Ra's") and then makes all the things that he told Oliver would happen (the city turning against him, his friends turning against him, etc) happen in order to persuade him, OR I think Oliver turns him down, Ra's makes everyone hate him and then he takes him up on his offer.

I think he'd probably have to accept without declining first in order to pull off an inside job on Ra's. And I also think there would probably have to be some kind of time jump to make it realistic, but this show isn't so concerned about realism, so. Then 3x20-23 = Oliver with Ra's. If they did a time jump, then maybe they could move ahead with the show, so that we pick back up in real time for the S4 premier instead of missing everything over the summer. Although they're planning a 3.5 comic, so maybe not. 

• Love 1

How do you think Felicity is gonna deal with the guilt of knowing that her silence or at least her unwillingness to really talk to Oliver/ attempt a relationship with him might actually lead him to giving his soul up and becoming the next Ras?

There's just nothing in-show indicating she cares about either his life or his soul any longer.  She seems very much to have washed her hands of him in any role other than purely professional.

• Love 3

There's just nothing in-show indicating she cares about either his life or his soul any longer.  She seems very much to have washed her hands of him in any role other than purely professional.

Why would she open up that can of worms and a world of hurt if Oliver doesn't even care about his own life or soul? He's literally going on suicide missions every other week, and I think after Oliver died and came back unchanged, that was the final straw for Felicity. At that point, she didn't want to care anymore because it hurts too much so she probably just represses her feelings for Oliver. 

Regardless Felicity is against Oliver going to Ra's BECAUSE she cares about Oliver and his humanity. It's just Oliver doesn't listen to FElicity anymore and she's done trying to make him listen. 

Saying that Felicity doesn't care isn't right at all. 

• Love 3

I wonder if they will make Oliver aware of Conner Hawke (assumed name for the spawn) to give a reason for Oliver not to join the LOA or to make him try to get out of his deal with the devil. I know some aren't keen but if it was used to pull Oliver back and sort of used the same way Michael's son was on Nikita, I could be down with it.

Also could make me interested in Felicity's next visit to Central City, if this where the reveal occurs.

Regardless Felicity is against Oliver going to Ra's BECAUSE she cares about Oliver and his humanity. It's just Oliver doesn't listen to FElicity anymore and she's done trying to make him listen.

I'm not going to be able to get over the fact that she hooked up while he was heading to/in Nanda Parbat facing Ra's again.  That's not something you do when someone you care about (I'm assuming she didn't know Diggle was joining) is facing death...again.  I get that she couldn't actively help, but she visited Ray, hung out with him, waited while he took a shower, flirted with him, slept with him, then took a nice postcoital snooze.  Zero thought of Oliver...going off to face death again.

I don't fault Felicity, because I've been of the opinion that she doesn't care a whit for Oliver for awhile now.  And that's fine, for her.  Just sucks for the show.

ETA: Are there any positive Felicity/Oliver spoilers coming up?  

Edited by AyChihuahua
  • Love 2

I don't know where to talk about the implications of the spinoff news for the rest of the Arrow season, but here seems like the best place, since it's potentially spoilery.

So: do we think Ray will leave at the end of season, or be here next fall (since it sounds like it will possibly be a midseason replacement in 2015-26)?

Caity has to be playing Sara. I just don't think they can have her play a different character in the same universe. So: she's coming back this season, right??? Is this one of the crazy things in 318?

Thinking back on the photo that captured something for the last time, could it mean that either Laurel or Roy are going to the spinoff and they haven't announced it yet?

I doubt it. If anything it's probably Roy biting the big one. It's a nice thought though, for Laurel at least.

Edited by apinknightmare

Thinking back on the photo that captured something for the last time, could it mean that either Laurel or Roy are going to the spinoff and they haven't announced it yet?

If I have to have one on the spin-off, I'd rather have Roy. Stick Laurel there and she'd manage to make everything about her somehow. Plus, I really have no interest in Sara and Laurel scenes.

Hopefully he gets his own custom bling.

I really don't see how there's enough time for all this to happen.  (Although I love the thought of Stephen in the robes and jewelry.) This is the back third.  We know what's up through around 19, which is mostly a Ray episode. How are they going to stuff him becoming Ra's and presumably unbecoming Ra's in four episodes?  Or otherwise what is the big drama push at the end?  

I really don't see how there's enough time for all this to happen.  (Although I love the thought of Stephen in the robes and jewelry.) This is the back third.  We know what's up through around 19, which is mostly a Ray episode. How are they going to stuff him becoming Ra's and presumably unbecoming Ra's in four episodes?  Or otherwise what is the big drama push at the end?  

I don't know. Maybe we get an actual cliffhanger this year? 

Maybe he doesn't become Ra's, but with all the game-changing, crazy shit they claim to be doing, it seems like maybe he does? It really doesn't seem like enough time. Maybe he does turn Ra's down and Ra's rains shit down on him to make him rue the day. There's time enough for that, haha.

But yeah, I just really think he's going to do it and the "shocker" is going to be that he's got a plan to take Ra's down. That he goes into it wanting to fight for Oliver Queen but knows that he can't with Ra's hanging over his head, so when he goes into it we believe he's resigning himself to giving up his humanity, but he's actually got a plan for once and is taking Ra's down to get it back so he can live his life?

There's just the time thing... 

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 1

It does seem Felicity doesn't care about Oliver Since he returned. Instead of worrying about what exactly happened to him to force him into this do whatever best leads to Ra's defeat, Felicity has turned into this version of herself that only sees Oliver's negatives. She is like a scorned ex. Now she has her perfect version of a superhero in Ray. In real life, yay for Felicity. On a show about Oliver Queen not enjoyable.

And I just have this fear that Felicity won't be normal about her new guy but will makes things worst when it comes to The Arrow/Oliver vs The Atom/Ray that is coming up. She's going to lead Oliver to even more self hate and identity crisis that has framed the season-the show. Oliver is scared of not being able to protect the people he loves. Rather that be death or a shared fate to his own. A fate that is being the cause of loved ones death and loss of soul.

Of cause all this fear of The Arrow has left Oliver making very crazy decisions. Which has left him on the verge of complete loss of people who will care if he lives or dies. The fear of the worst things of the Arrow are causing Oliver to make Oliver not even an option. Meaning there will be no one to fight for him and he will have no one to fight for. Except the for killing to keep regular people able to live lives Oliver can't even allow himself to dream about. Meaning The Arrow wins.

Should this be moved.I'm not sure where I should post. I'm not really bitter about the season so I'm in limbo.

Oops I thought I was posting this in the bitterness thread. Should I move it there? I know it's long winded...

Edited by tarotx
  • Love 1

The only thing I think the spin-off will affect is Ray's departure from the show and I think that will be in the fall, not sooner. But trust me, the sooner he moves into a viable plot beyond the suit the better.

I do think Oliver will takeover the LoA. End of s3 & s3.5 will be about his journey to becoming the next Ras. S4 will be getting OQ back as OQ.

I have a feeling the Sara we buried was not Sara but some type of imposter. Or if they just want to avoid Sara at all costs, CL will just be someone that bears a close resemblance to Sara. I doubt they are raising Sara from the dead or having her death not be canon for BC journey. So what they do with her character I think will be most interesting. I mean with some changes in her hair/make-up/costume she doesnt necessarily have to even look like Sara anymore.

The only thing I think the spin-off will affect is Ray's departure from the show and I think that will be in the fall, not sooner. But trust me, the sooner he moves into a viable plot beyond the suit the better.

I do think Oliver will takeover the LoA. End of s3 & s3.5 will be about his journey to becoming the next Ras. S4 will be getting OQ back as OQ.

I have a feeling the Sara we buried was not Sara but some type of imposter. Or if they just want to avoid Sara at all costs, CL will just be someone that bears a close resemblance to Sara. I doubt they are raising Sara from the dead or having her death not be canon for BC journey. So what they do with her character I think will be most interesting. I mean with some changes in her hair/make-up/costume she doesnt necessarily have to even look like Sara anymore.

She was a shape-shifting White Martian, dammit! lol

Having Ray interact with characters other than Felicity should help his character drastically. He won't be isolated in the new show, hopefully.

• Love 1

So who's going to be in charge of the company once Palmer leaves?

He can just move the HQ to whatever DC City USA. There is a heap of them which Arrow tends to name drop. Anyway Palmer was not originally from Starling.

Also I want Queen Inc to be started up so happy to never see PI and it's stupid logo on Arrow post S4.

• Love 2

Agreed. I can't see them resurrecting Sara for a second time. It would screw too much with show canon and make things way too complicated. If she does play Sara Lance, I would imagine that she would play a different version of her, like a clone that doesn't have the same memories or personality. I could also see some weird event happening that ends up booting Ray, Captain Cold, etc. into an alternate universe where Oliver Queen and Laurel Lance don't exist. There, they could encounter that world's version of Sara Lance and start working with her.

Edited by strikera0

I would honestly have no problem with them bringing Sara back via Lazarus Pit or by any other means they want to, because Malcolm is clearly aware of the pits, and could have been in SC for long enough to recover her body. MG keeps talking about the Lazarus Pits--it seems in relation to Ra's sweet hot tub--but I mean, they exist in this universe. Why not use them? And if you're going to, yes, for the love of God, use them for Sara.

The question then would be where Sara has been all this time, obviously, and whether Malcolm was working with someone within the LOA. 

• Love 1

With the upcoming Nyssa storyline, I wonder if they're thinking of trying her in the spin-off too if Caity returns as Sara. It would be awesome to have the two together and in a relationship but I was rather hoping that Laurel would be sent over there to make up the female quotient and Thea enter the lair as a junior fighter.

Regardless of how Felicity actually feels about Oliver (because still we are officially in the dark) - How do you think Felicity is gonna deal with the guilt of knowing that her silence or at least her unwillingness to really talk to Oliver/ attempt a relationship with him might actually lead him to giving his soul up and becoming the next Ras?

I can't see any of that being on Felicity. She's tried to talk to him, to talk about what he's doing, and  he's shut her out every time.  He saved MM because of Thea, he left for the duel because of her, he left to save MM again for Thea.  Felicity didn't enter into any of his decision making, she didn't even have a chance to talk to him about his decisions, so there's no guilt at all on her.

MG:[Oliver & Felicity] have some fairly huge scenes together in 3x16, 3x17, and 3x19.  (And DO NOT even get me started on 3x20.)

If Oliver becomes the new Ra's, it's going to have to be after 3x18 and 3x19 because he's at Diggle's wedding in 3x17 and in jail in 3x18, and 3x19 is Ray's breakout as the Atom.  For those who still believe MG, at what point would Oliver leave Starling City to take over training to be the new Ra's?

• Love 6

So, going by his grading system "huge" means what? They are in the same room without fighting or her giving him nasty looks and him looking resigned. 

In 3x16 she will tell him about Ray, he won't take it well but I doubt he will accept the offer

In 3x17 they will be at the wedding, she will be there with Ray, it will be uncomfortable. Oliver and Ray will fight, she picks a side. Probably Ray's side.

In 3x18 they won't be in scenes together much if at all.

In 3x19 Oliver might be forced to hang up the hood. Ray is becoming an actual "hero". There will be a game changer. Doubt Ray/Felicity break up this early.

In 3x20 fallout from whatever happens in 3x19 because that one is once again a "gamechanger" Maybe Ray becomes part of the team in 3x19? 

Perhaps this "soemone surprising" Felicity stands up to is Oliver in Ra's attire?

It wouldn't be that surprising, but then again - the words 'epic' and 'game changing' has lost their power as well.

• Love 1

Ugh, so I caved and skimmed some of MG's latest round of Q&A's, apparently Oliver is going to find out about Ray/Felicity in the next episode. Like there aren't already enough "Oliver looks like a kicked puppy" gifs from this season to fill tumblr 10x over. (SA's way too good at his "broken heart face")

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 5

Oliver's kicked puppy face is what gets Felicity in trouble with the fandom in the first place tbqh, it's THAT GOOD. 

But I thought Oliver already thought R/F were in a relationship since episode 7? I mean, he did walk in on them kissing and MG did say that Oliver still thinks that F/R are in a relationship... Or am I just making that up?

• Love 6

But I thought Oliver already thought R/F were in a relationship since episode 7? I mean, he did walk in on them kissing and MG did say that Oliver still thinks that F/R are in a relationship... Or am I just making that up?

That's what I thought. It's so great knowing he'll find out...again. Perhaps he assumed they aren't together because err she "ended" their relationship?