Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

I don't expect anything Olicity-related in the present day scenes. I think what MG's talking about will all be in the flashbacks. I think they'll either have a close encounter or work together indirectly, and yeah, maybe this is how Oliver knew to bring the laptop to her in 103. That's about as exciting as I think it's going to get.

Yeah me too. I just hope this internet breaker isn't her coining Black Canary.

Here's my wild and hopeful speculation for 3x18 (which won't happen, but half-joking here)...

Felicity is injured in the head and wakes up in the hospital with short-term amnesia.  She doesn't remember anything that happened after "Unthinkable" (2x23).  So she doesn't remember Oliver asking her out on a date and then rejecting her, Sara dying, Oliver almost dying and then teaming up with Malcolm, Laurel becoming the BC, or anything about Ray Palmer at all. 

For a second this made me happy...then it just made me sad that it wasn't possible and here we are still stuck in suck.

I've noticed that for all the episode titles he's denied he's never addressed Public Enemies...makes me wonder if that is the correct title after all

Yeah, I have three Tumblrs (don't ask), and each time he did a Q&A without addressing it, I resent the guess. Could be that he didn't read any of them, but I can't be the only one who's sent it, so I think that's what it is too.

I sent it in too, just to add to the mix.  He's been knocking down other title suggestion left and right - that it's not being addressed seems telling. 

Well what Guggenheim thinks fans will like have been the complete opposite reaction of the fans. 

If he's hyping the episode up so much, I expect it to be a dud. 

It really does seem to me that he's been lowering expectations for that last couple weeks.  Which actually gives me hope since he can't seem to figure anything out. 

I'm surprised you aren't all getting whiplash watching this show.

I have had this crick in my neck all last week - I just didn't make the connection til now.  ;)

I think that the Felicity scene that will break the internet will just be Felicity doing something awesome. I don't think it'll be Olicity related nor will it be BC related. But I also don't think that the Felicity scene will be all that amazing because MG tends to overstate things 90% of the time. 

Also, Canaries wasn't at all paving the way for Oliver/Laurel. Maybe paving the way for them becoming partners, but not lovers at all. The second Oliver/Laurel have an emotional scene were Oliver opens up to Laurel and she helps him see the 'light', then yeah, I'll be worried. But this was nothing. Oliver is still emotionally closed off to Laurel, he still thinks of her as a nuisance. He loves her, but isn't in love with her. That doesn't mean he won't do everything he can to protect her from herself and her stupid decisions. He might accept Laurel going out trying to save the city now, but that's because he knows she's stubborn and will go out regardless of what he says. So might as well keep her close and keep an eye on her. 

• Love 5

I've been using my twitter accounts for MG, AK and GB. The only good it seems to do is that I get a false sense of actually doing something.

Public Enemies is 14 spaces, it seems too long for the space.

I wanted Diggle and Felicity to be in on the Slade action.  But I will be really pissed off if Slade doesn't even mention Felicity because hello?  mirakuru cure?

-- Asked if there will be any Olicity scenes in 3x14, MG says: "Ish."
[snip]
-- Asked about Olicity in 314, MG says: "3x14 will put a smile on your face."
-- Asked if there are any Olicity scenes coming up that are gonna make us smile, MG says: "3x14.  Big grin."

Even if the 'break the internet' scene is Felicity rather than Olicity, he's still really pulling back on the Olicity p.r.

We definitely need Felicity doing something awesome after all the Laurel and Ray propping.

Public Enemy wouldn't be too long though. It's only 12 spaces.

I haven't seen Parting Ways (I think that was one of apinknightmare's suggestions) ruled out either, although Public Enemy seems more likely with the pics we've been getting lately.

Edited by Starfish35

Public Enemy wouldn't be too long though. It's only 12 spaces.

I haven't seen Parting Ways (I think that was one of apinknightmare's suggestions) ruled out either, although Public Enemy seems more likely with the pics we've been getting lately.

I've sent Public Enemy, Public Enemies and Parting Ways. Three separate times each, haha.

• Love 3

I sent him my Prodigal Son guess too, and he obviously hasn't addressed that either. I thought I saw him say on Twitter that as far as he knew, no one had guessed it yet. But I'm assuming he doesn't read everything sent his way and just misses stuff. But I do think Public Enemy(ies) is a good guess.

I admire everyone's persistence about "Public Enemy." It would be cool if the title did end up as that, but I don't know if MG will actually reveal the title, even if he said he would when someone guesses it right, until closer to the air date of the episode. I just don't trust that dude.

Has anyone considered Prometheus on here? I saw it posted on reddit. 

I thought about that. I know there's a character called Prometheus in the comics but I have no idea how they'd work him into the show/episode. Also, because SA mentioned the word "Pantheon" that one time and it made me think of Greek mythologies.

I wonder if the Olicity in 3x14 will be Felicity simply acting as tech support to Oliver at QC. And not some fleeting glance of fate or shoulder brush of destiny. She is, after all, just starting in IT at the time and, maybe, she gets a call from Oliver pretending to be an employee trying to get access into QC. They talk on the phone, Felicity says something sweet or adorable or supportive that makes Oliver smile and gives him some sense of lightness even though he's still pretty much Waller's unwilling captive.

Edited by SleepDeprived
  • Love 2

Prometheus was the guy that blew off Roy's arm and killed his daughter. Green Arrow killed him out of vengeance and then went on trial for murder...this is also the incident that causes Dinah to divorce Oliver.

I can see why they suggested it but it seems to big for a single episode.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 1

Did anyone suggest 'Piss Poor' as a title? Wonder if Guggenheim would respond to that.

Are you throwing in a jab at him and the writers Danny Franks LOL?

Prometheus was the guy that blew off Roy's arm and killed his daughter. Green Arrow killed him out of vengeance and then went on trial for murder...this is also the incident that causes Dinah to divorce Oliver.

I can see why they suggested it but it seems to big for a single episode.

That is Dark! Prefect for the misery lover writers though Roy is no where near ready to have a daughter

Some crazy/awesome fan must have compiled a list of rejected guesses somewhere, right?

I just scrolled through his tumblr and here are the rejected guesses:

Pray for Olicity

parenthood

priority of life

proof of life

predator

platinum

paternity

platonic

palpitations

posthumous

proposal

post crisis

partnership

pizza para poliver

paralyzed

parbat

purgatory

playing with fire

post mortem

partners

pannic attack

punishment

penumbra

• Love 3
I wonder if the Olicity in 3x14 will be Felicity simply acting as tech support to Oliver at QC. And not some fleeting glance of fate or shoulder brush of destiny. She is, after all, just starting in IT at the time and, maybe, she gets a call from Oliver pretending to be an employee trying to get access into QC. They talk on the phone, Felicity says something sweet or adorable or supportive that makes Oliver smile and gives him some sense of lightness even though he's still pretty much Waller's unwilling captive.

That makes sense, and is just the thing to make Olicity-starved fans get excited.

Maybe that's why it's too big a spoiler, it ends Lauriver?  Hey, a girl can hope.

Prometheus stole fire from the gods and gave it to humans, he also negotiated the edible parts of cows for eating rather than sacrifice and for that he was punished by Zeus.  Maybe Oliver does something Ra's finds unforgivable and he's punished for it.

• Love 2

Pray for Olicity

parenthood

priority of life

proof of life

predator

platinum

paternity

platonic

palpitations

posthumous

proposal

post crisis

partnership

pizza para poliver

paralyzed

parbat

purgatory

playing with fire

post mortem

partners

pannic attack

punishment

penumbra

You are awesome! I think he's rejected some on Twitter too--I'll try to compare and add later (unless anyone else feels like doing that!).

I wonder if Laurel suggested the name Black Canary. Someone on TV asks who the new Canary is because of the buckles and a discussion begins. She could say she didn't want to take the name Canary and looks down at her suit and says, "Um Buckles? No how about Black Canary?

Edited by BunsenBurner
  • Love 1

Pray for Olicity

parenthood

priority of life

proof of life

predator

platinum

paternity

platonic

palpitations

posthumous

proposal

post crisis

partnership

pizza para poliver

paralyzed

parbat

purgatory

playing with fire

post mortem

partners

pannic attack

punishment

penumbra

Haha at Pray for Olicity. Punishment is what this season feels like

• Love 1

OK, here's the full, combined list of rejected 318 titles from Twitter/Tumblr:

Pact with the Devil
Palmer
Palpitations
Panacea
Pandemonium
Pandora
Panic Attack
Paralyzed
Paranoia
Parbat
Parenthood
Partners
Partnership
Paternity
Path
Pathetic
Pendulum
Penumbra
Perchance to Dream
Perspective
Phantom Stranger
Phoenix
Pinnacle of Truth
Pit of Lazarus
Pizza Para Poliver
Platinum
Platonic
Playing with Fire
Point Break
Point of Change
Post Crisis
Post Mortem
Posthumous
Pray for Olicity
Precious
Predator
Premonition
Present Time
Pressure
Pretty Bird
Priority of Life
Proof of Death
Proof of Life
Propaganda
Proposal
Punishment
Puppet Master
Puppeteer
Purgatory
Pursuit of Happiness
Pyromania

• Love 4

This probably belongs to the bitterness thread, but you're right - all new and returning characters will probably now prop Laurel as BC.

Let's see who we have:

- Nyssa. "I was wrong. You are worthy of Sara's memory."

- Helena. "I was wrong. You have light inside of you!"

- Maseo. "So you are the warrior who kept the city safe while Oliver was gone? You are a woman of great courage and skill."

- Tatsu. "I will gladly tech you how to fight with swords!"

- Malcolm. "Teach me how to fight, o brilliant one! Also, i wish Tommy was alive so that I could give my blessings to your holy union!"

- Ra's. "Come and join my League and be my bride!"

Guggenheim, you can use my prompts if you run out of ideas. I know they're right up your alley.

This made my day. And then I wanted to curl into a ball and cry.

I get that Malcolm is rich and obviously well trained but how intimidating is the League really supposed to be if one guy can turn against them, wreck half a city, earning a blood threat, and successfully elude them for years, killing one of their own in the process?

This has been just one of the GAPING holes that seems to be completely glossed over by the show when it comes to Malcolm. I love JB but the show is not doing him, the character he plays so well, the credibility of the show or why we should care about him any favors but letting these gaps happen.   At some point, Malcolm needs to be held accountable.

And the LoA needs to be presented as an omniscent, dangerous organization worthy of his *and our* fear. 

It feels like the show is relying on the Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh, Ra's/League of Assassins reputation that is inherently known to comic book fans. Not everyone who watches the show is familar with him and them.  The show has to do a much better job of showing the scope of their influence, brand of justice and codes.

Edited by writersblock51
  • Love 4

Considering that 3x18 will be aired in first week of April, MG is gonna hold off revealing the title until at least we are in the month of March. It is a good six weeks away, if not more.

This probably belongs to the bitterness thread, but you're right - all new and returning characters will probably now prop Laurel as BC.

Let's see who we have:

- Nyssa. "I was wrong. You are worthy of Sara's memory."

- Helena. "I was wrong. You have light inside of you!"

- Maseo. "So you are the warrior who kept the city safe while Oliver was gone? You are a woman of great courage and skill."

- Tatsu. "I will gladly tech you how to fight with swords!"

- Malcolm. "Teach me how to fight, o brilliant one! Also, i wish Tommy was alive so that I could give my blessings to your holy union!"

- Ra's. "Come and join my League and be my bride!"

Guggenheim, you can use my prompts if you run out of ideas. I know they're right up your alley.

I think MG will gobble up all of your ideas.... I am particularly partial to her marrying Ra'as and going off to Nanda Parbat.

Considering that 3x18 will be aired in first week of April, MG is gonna hold off revealing the title until at least we are in the month of March. It is a good six weeks away, if not more.

I think MG will gobble up all of your ideas.... I am particularly partial to her marrying Ra'as and going off to Nanda Parbat.

The title will be revealed March 11/12, at the latest, that's when the episode description will be released.

I very much doubt it will happen because I think Laurel is going to name herself BC but am I the only one who thinks it's kinda funny if Felicity ends up being the one to name her? A character who was supposed to be in 3 episodes and have no bearing on the show whatsoever, might end up being the one to call Laurel Black Canary. I can see all the hardcore BC/Laurel fans crying about it. Lol. Sorry.

• Love 2

It's gotta be one of those what other p words are there? Poop? Popular?

this is the list i send him today.. or yesterday?.. I can't remember anymore it's been such a long day my brain is totally fried (or frayed? i also forget)

Precognition? Premonition? Parting of Ways/Way? Pulverized? Poles Apart?

there were a few other possibilities i send through Tumblr, but for the life of me i can't remember, and stupid Tumblr doesn't let you see "ask" messages that you send unless that person has responded.

I was also thinking... for all we know the name could be an acronym or have dots in it...

I've been playing around with my dictionary and a Thesurus in the past couple of days. it's fun actually.

• Love 1

Prison Break? :)

I like how first Oliver had to die, then leave town again, and next he's going to jail, all in order to make room for these JV Heroes. Any other ideas on how they can sideline Oliver for an episode or two at a time? Coma? Amnesia? Abduction? MM's mind control drugs? 

• Love 18

I like how first Oliver had to die, then leave town again, and next he's going to jail, all in order to make room for these JV Heroes. Any other ideas on how they can sideline Oliver for an episode or two at a time? Coma? Amnesia? Abduction? MM's mind control drugs? 

Let's not limit them to one ridiculous plot point. I say they do all four at once. Also, cancer, brain tumor, possession, and, let's say...body swap. Ooo...time travel. We can do that now with The Flash in the mix. 

My question is - what other new heroes will be introduced either at the end of this season or the beginning of the next so they can have their Justice League knockoff? 

• Love 6

Let's not limit them to one ridiculous plot point. I say they do all four at once. Also, cancer, brain tumor, possession, and, let's say...body swap. Ooo...time travel. We can do that now with The Flash in the mix. 

My question is - what other new heroes will be introduced either at the end of this season or the beginning of the next so they can have their Justice League knockoff?

Besides Thea becoming Speedy. Let's see they could finally get Blue Beatle, there's Booster Gold, Hawkman, Stargirl, Dr Fate, Zatanna, Starfire, Vixen, Nightwing, Beast Boy. I doubt they can use Cyborg and Aquaman cause they have movies planned but then again so does The Flash.

Can I recommend Felicity to become Stargirl?

Thea becomes Speedy, Tatsu becomes Katana, Ray becomes ATOM...all 3 are on the roster now

Holy crap how did I forget Tatsu becoming Katanna! My wish for end of season. Oliver and Felicity get together and let Diggle BC Atom Speedy Arsenal and Katanna run things at least for a few weeks lol

• Love 2

I'm getting concerned about the crowding of heroes. Are a few people going to get killed off? Like, for example, I really don't see the point of both Roy as Arsenal and Thea and Speedy. Maybe Roy will get killed off. But he like literally just got an action figure lol. 

Edited by ban1o

I'm wondering if Thea's the one who won't meet her comic destiny as MG or AK or some EP said over the summer. While I'd love for Laurel to decide this isn't the path for her, I think you'll be prying her mask out of KC's cold, dead hands. (While that is a knock on KC, I also don't really blame her. It's her job after all.) Thea has the training, but I can't really see her suiting up with her brother at the moment. There's also the very real and probable possibility that whomever said that was lying. 

• Love 5

I'm getting concerned about the crowding of heroes. Are a few people going to get killed off. Like I really don't see te point of bot Roy as Arsenal and Thea and Speedy. Maybe Roy will get killed off. But he like literally just got an action figure lol.

I guess the action figure doesn't really matter; every BC figure for Arrow I've seen has been Sara, and look what happened to her!

• Love 3

I'm getting concerned about the crowding of heroes. Are a few people going to get killed off. Like I really don't see te point of bot Roy as Arsenal and Thea and Speedy. Maybe Roy will get killed off. But he like literally just got an action figure lol.

They shouldn't have too bring in more heroes(Masked ones) at all unless it's an appearance here or there. Diggle and Felicity are better heroes in my eyes than Laurel in my eyes for one instance and writers insist Diggle and Felicity are so.. Edited by jay741982
  • Love 1

I'm getting concerned about the crowding of heroes. Are a few people going to get killed off? Like, for example, I really don't see the point of both Roy as Arsenal and Thea and Speedy. Maybe Roy will get killed off. But he like literally just got an action figure lol. 

Well I know you like Ray, but I hope he gets shipped off onto Flash or his own show because this show isn't good for him. It doesn't suit him nor is it doing him any justice. So my guess is Ray will be gone by seasons end, so will Katana, (I wish they'd ship off BC but I don't see this happening... sigh), which will leave Oliver, Roy, Thea, Laurel. 4 masked heroes on one show is a lot. This sort of makes me worried that the show is going to marginalize Diggle, Quentin, Felicity next season... 

• Love 8

Well I know you like Ray, but I hope he gets shipped off onto Flash or his own show because this show isn't good for him. It doesn't suit him nor is it doing him any justice. So my guess is Ray will be gone by seasons end, so will Katana, (I wish they'd ship off BC but I don't see this happening... sigh), which will leave Oliver, Roy, Thea, Laurel. 4 masked heroes on one show is a lot. This sort of makes me worried that the show is going to marginalize Diggle, Quentin, Felicity next season... 

mm yeah I don't care if Ray leaves I don't think he adds much to the show except for some humour at times. I'm not really sure way Atom is necessary. Still a lot of masked heroes tough. I feel Diggle especially will get even more marginalized. 

I guess the action figure doesn't really matter; every BC figure for Arrow I've seen has been Sara, and look what happened to her!

haha this is true. Sara is on like every Black Canary merchandise. I guess Roy could get killed off to make room for Thea then, and they've been giving in more screen time in the 2nd half so it would be a "big" death.  I kinda doubt it though. 

Edited by ban1o

There haven't been any casting calls or whatever from Arrow, so I think Laurel's arc can go a few ways.

• She leaves with Nyssa to train during the season and we won't see Laurel again until season 4
  • She leaves with Nyssa to train at the end of the season and spend 5 months with her at wherever training so when we get back in season 4 she'll be a competent fighter
  • Or Laurel leaves with Nyssa and only comes back as a recurring character which will sort of help solve the issue with all of these masked heroes. 

OR Roy, Thea, and Ray will leave by the end of the season? IDK 

All I know is, they need to cut down the amount of masked heroes. There are WAY too many of them. And it's important to emphasize the importance of non-masked heroes too. 

• Love 6

I guess Roy could get killed off to make room for Thea then, and they've been giving in more screen time in the 2nd half so it would be a "big" death.  I kinda doubt it though.

Let me start by saying I like Roy.  I've always liked Roy. 

IMO Roy's not going anywhere because if they find the show crowded, they will just have him stand silently in the back.  He's good at that.  The other reason he's not going anywhere is because he's a boy.  And by that reason alone I suspect they automatically want to keep him around so his stunt guy can do cool stuff with SA's stunt guy. 

• Love 6

If Katana, Speedy and The Atom join the show, along with Arsenal, Black Canary, Dark Archer, Ra's al Ghul, Nyssa and Oliver Queen, Starling City will be over-run with costumed heroes.  The two most problematic ones are Ray, with his Atom suit that eliminates the need for Oliver's arrows, and Black Canary because is she going to co-lead the team now with Oliver?

I don't mind Roy staying as sidekick on the Team with Oliver, with Katana and Ra's recurring. Everyone else, please find another show.

• Love 3

There haven't been any casting calls or whatever from Arrow, so I think Laurel's arc can go a few ways.

• She leaves with Nyssa to train during the season and we won't see Laurel again until season 4
  • She leaves with Nyssa to train at the end of the season and spend 5 months with her at wherever training so when we get back in season 4 she'll be a competent fighter
  • Or Laurel leaves with Nyssa and only comes back as a recurring character which will sort of help solve the issue with all of these masked heroes. 

OR Roy, Thea, and Ray will leave by the end of the season? IDK 

All I know is, they need to cut down the amount of masked heroes. There are WAY too many of them. And it's important to emphasize the importance of non-masked heroes too. 

I think it's still early to know what's going to happen in terms of who will be coming back in Season 4 but I do think there are a lot of possibilities, as you've listed. 

What I do know is that the show is over crowded in the hero department - suits, masks or none of that identity hiding stuff. Something has to give.  I also think that the show's love of Ray & the Atom is problematic because it's so close to Oliver's story (to fix the city & protect the one(s) he cares about) AND he has spiffy 'powers' that make archery more antiquated than ever.

So I think the show, at the very least, has to deal with the Atom/Ray situation first and foremost.  Everything depends on how the Atom fits into this show, this season, in the remaining episodes before figuring out where he may go to next - or if he stays.

I think the Atom issue is more critical to the overall tone of the show than Roy, Thea and (gulp) Laurel.  At least none of them are supernaturally strong or have powers anymore.  For better or worse, they can still fit into the mostly grounded world of Starling City and Arrow. And Oliver's Green Arrow can be the main hero.

I think having an expanded team is ok for certain crises such as when a Big Bad is causing immediate harm and from multiple angles.  I think this is where HIVE andor ARGUS could present interesting challenges.  Yet those kinds of battles cannot be sustained, IMO, over an entire season with every episode featuring those confiicts. There needs to be character development, build up and connections made with the audience so that we understand the conflict when it happens and care about who wins and why.

But I think the Team Arrow dynamic of Oliver, Diggle and Felicity needs to remain at the core. If Thea becomes Speedy, Artemis or someone, then the show has the makings of a younger offshoot group that deals with specific problems.  Maybe Sin (and perhaps Thea and Roy have other friends as well?) gets pulled in over time, too.  All the bad guys seem enthralled by the Glades - let the young team tackle some of that.

Team Arrow should move to another location since everyone knows the code to their current lair anyway... Maybe even get out of the Glades?  it's become a running gag that they need to change the locks.

The show continues to have the problem of being crushed under the weight of its cast.  This happened last year, and I believe we're in the midst of it again.   I absolutely understand the temptation to dip into the DC universe and play with some characters but I wish the show would pace itself.  The rest of this season shouldn't see the introduction of a new hero that we haven't already had an allusion to this season.

As for Nyssa and Laurel... I can't fathom the reason why the LoA would be remotely interested in Laurel. None. And has the show abandoned all pretense of Laurel working full time in the DA's office?  I wish they would.  Even a throwaway line from Laurel saying she's asked for and received approval for a personal leave of absence while she works through her sister's tragic death would help add some credibility.

• Love 5

Let me start by saying I like Roy.  I've always liked Roy. 

IMO Roy's not going anywhere because if they find the show crowded, they will just have him stand silently in the back.  He's good at that.  The other reason he's not going anywhere is because he's a boy.  And by that reason alone I suspect they automatically want to keep him around so his stunt guy can do cool stuff with SA's stunt guy. 

haha I like Roy too. I was just speculating. But yeah you're most likely right. 

Edited by ban1o