Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

In my opinion, this is the part of the season where they put Oliver/Felicity's 'R'elationship on the back-burner, hence MG saying "former romantic interests". They'll probably even tease some kind of a Ray/Felicity romance. However, once it gets closer to the finale (post-3x18 probably) Oliver/Felicity will start getting closer again and Ray and Felicity will drift apart.

As far as I'm concerned, everything that's happening right now with Oliver/Felicity and Felicity/Ray is par for the course during the "angst season", I'd be surprised if Oliver/Felicity didn't end up together at the end of the season.

You are probably right MG said about 318 that we wouldn't dislike Olicity Moments. 318 is probably where they start getting back on good terms

You are probably right MG said about 318 that we wouldn't dislike Olicity Moments. 318 is probably where they start getting back on good terms

It's good of Guggenheim to let people know that if they don't like Laurel, 50 Shades, Felicity/Oliver on the outs, then they can skip the next five episodes. It's a shame that about half of this season appears to be skippable, unless you're a Laurel or 50 Shades fan.

Not even Andrew Marlowe was this much of a dunderhead.

• Love 2

So our "game changer" is shrinking Ray?  I just can't even.

And that MG EW interview.  Oy.  He just kills the enthusiam for this show dead for me, every single time he opens his mouth in an interview. 

• Love 4

This was interesting. For those of us who were thinking there would be instant forgiveness and absolution from Quentin for Laurel lying to him about Sara, MG said this in that EW interview.

Also, I thought this was interesting too.

This will all be about the hell being directed at Oliver and team Arrow and Mama Lance because we damn well know that Quentin can't call laurel out of that she's being redeemed.

Although they were at odds for a long time before so maybe now he will, finally read her the riot act. I can only hope.

Just because we won't dislike it doesn't necessarily mean that we will like it.... ;-)

And I truly wish they'd not have Ray shrink and fly. I just didn't want Arrow to be about superpowers but about Oliver and his struggles to defend his city without being some sort of superhuman

Edited by Belinea
  • Love 2

The season is really going to take a few hard left turns before it’s over. It’s not just things people are not expecting—I think the reason people are not expecting them is really no showrunners in their right mind would do half the things we’re going to be doing.

From that same EW interview. This gives me hard pause.  If they are doing things that they KNOW normal showrunners in possession of great sense would not do, does that mean that they are planning things that go so far as to break me as a viewer?

The only thing keeping me from assuming the very worse - killing Felicity - is that they did have her reject Oliver.  I mean, surely they'd make them really happy before taking it all away to up the angst, but 3.18 has her in the hospital and it's a game changer so I'm expecting so much crap right now. 

• Love 3

Wowwwww so many people are just really down in the dumps about this show right now :p Excellent. 

As far as the status between Oliver and Felicity, you guys know how MG operates. Hell, he was even trying to sell that Oliver was dead just days before the premier. That's exactly what he's doing with Oliver and Felicity. He's trying to show that their relationship is dead and gone when it isn't in the slightest. The last episode made me more confident in Oliver/Felicity. Why? Because like Stephen said, "it's always darkest before the dawn". This is the first relationship Oliver actually has to WORK for (apart from Laurel in season 1 but let's be real, he didn't really work for that one). Nothing worth while ever comes easy so why shouldn't this be the case? Oliver/Felicity are having a battle of ideologies. I hope by the end of the season he figures out that Felicity was right in the sense that the ends shouldn't justify the means. I hope Felicity also realizes that Oliver will do ANYTHING to save the people he loves. They both have to learn how to be empathetic towards one another as well as learn how to communicate before making big decisions. This is something, I feel, is what they're growing towards.

I've said it a lot before and I'll say it again. Oliver and Felicity have to grow separately before they get together. Otherwise their Relationship -with a capital R- would be in tatters almost constantly. And the fact that they're growing separately means that obviously they're going to rub each other the wrong way once in a while.

So while Felicity has temporarily moved on romantically, I have no fear that Oliver will always be in the back of her mind which sort of influences her decisions. I mean, look at episode synopsis of 15 where Felicity tries to control Ray in the sense that she doesn't want him to end up like Oliver and tell me he isn't in the back of her mind? This makes me feel like Felicity will only date Ray because she believes she can't have Oliver. So in essence, Ray is definitely a rebound, which is further reinforced by the fact that she JUST cut her proverbial romantic ties with Oliver and was visibly devastated in doing so. 

• Love 10

They think they are being so clever as showrunners, doing things others are afraid to do.

Since Ray has all this super tech, and even McGee flew on NCIS a couple of seasons ago, I can buy that.  The shrinking, not so much.

Why emphasize relationship - lowercase r?

Because that's what they have at the moment, a relationship like Oliver has with Diggle or Roy.  Or Diggle had with Lyla in s2.  And tbh, I'm excited at the idea of exploring that and how they hook up at the end of the season.  Still hoping Felilcity keeps her brains and doesn't actually date Ray though.

• Love 4

From that same EW interview. This gives me hard pause.  If they are doing things that they KNOW normal showrunners in possession of great sense would not do, does that mean that they are planning things that go so far as to break me as a viewer?

The only thing keeping me from assuming the very worse - killing Felicity - is that they did have her reject Oliver.  I mean, surely they'd make them really happy before taking it all away to up the angst, but 3.18 has her in the hospital and it's a game changer so I'm expecting so much crap right now. 

Maybe Ray super shrinks down and enters her bloodstream so he can fuse her freaking spine back together or repair an artery or something. Shrinking: GAME CHANGER

• Love 1

That new TV Guide article is ambiguous enough that it could mean that Ray/Atom will have the capability to shrink in the future, not necessarily this season - or it could be interpreted as BR's spin on the suit.  Or it could be the game-changer in 315.  I don't know, I got nuthin'.

The latest MG interviews leave me cold.  They've ruined the original Team Arrow.  They ruined Olicity.  They're starting to ruin Felicity.  But the ratings are better than they've ever been, so I guess I'm in the minority in hating this season 3.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 9

Maybe Ray super shrinks down and enters her bloodstream so he can fuse her freaking spine back together or repair an artery or something. Shrinking: GAME CHANGER

Honestly, if all they are blabbing about is over the top eye rolling comic silliness, I'll be fine. 

I think I've reached the hysteria part of my grieving process because all the spoilers are now just making me laugh. In a 'what are they doing?' way. I'm sure they want to get the jump on Ant-Man, but Ray shrinking - on this show - just sounds absurd. And if any one of these mofos says anything about keeping the show grounded, I swear...

I hate with the flames of a thousand fiery suns that TA is going to disagree over goddamn Laurel. The lamest 'hero' ever. 

I kind of want to tweet at MG that every time he talks, he kills any enthusiasm I had for the show. It's his own special superpower. 

• Love 15

I kind of want to tweet at MG that every time he talks, he kills any enthusiasm I had for the show. It's his own special superpower.

Hahahaha....This is the funniest thing I've read all day!! :-) I'd be all for you doing it but I assume stuff like that leaves him cold. 

• Love 2

Maybe this is wishful thinking talking, but I read the "moved on romantically" as in "Felicity right now is convinced she has moved on". The "former romantic interests" it's to kinda define their status, they had "something" going on, but-right now-Felicity has closed that door, so it's a new kind of dynamic between them. I believe they'll put something here and there but not much focus on it until things go some place with Ray or the wedding. There is a lot of other stuff going on, apparently. I just hope they do it more organically than what they did in 3a, where they spent episodes barely talking to each other.

Why they would do it like this, though, it's another question. Wouldn't have been better to let them grow closer organically during the season, instead of all this start-stop? They are going backwards, through the stages of a break-up but without having actually been together. Is that a thing, they ask actors to tone it down? I mean, even when the relationship is still in play?

The fact that the team is on Laurel's side, that's worrying. They are pulling a nice little trick, in that if the fandom screams that Felicity and Diggle are the voice of reason for a thing, then they have to be for everything. So that's how they're forcing Laurel on us. No comment.

• Love 3

Wowwwww so many people are just really down in the dumps about this show right now :p Excellent.

For me, Olicity is like the 4th or 5th reason I watch this show.  If they were 100% together I would still hate so many things about the show that I'd be down about it anyway.  LL as BC, no one really caring about Sara being murdered, fooling Quentin for no good reason, HUGE logic gaps, Diggle hanging on the comms while the little guys fight, everything about Ray, the lack of humor and constant angst, throwing in with a mass murderer, Oliver generally behaving stupidly, killing Oliver as a stunt because they knew that is the only way the audience could possibly start to care about other cast members, Thea cozying up to and taking money from Daddy Murder, Thea having nothing to do, lack of a satisfying villain...hmm, what did I miss?

• Love 9

I suspect that Felicity and Oliver will get together before the end of the season, so that's not really my problem.  I'm worried about what I'll be subjected to before we reach that point.  I mean, basically episodes 13-16 sound extremely skippable.  How much crap will I have to wade through to get one little crumb of something that I enjoy?

• Love 3

I wish the new TV Guide articles were posted online already...

In that same TV Guide issue, there was another article about "How Comic Books Conquered TV" which included the following:

Arrow, based on DC"s Green Arrow, was the first comics adaptation to break through on TV post-Walking Dead.  When the show premiered in 2012, The CW was still smarting from the loss of Smallville, which finished a 10-year run the year before.  "When Smallville ended, The CW lost a lot of men 18 to 34, and men in general," says network president Mark Pedowitz.  "We realized we needed to do something to bring them back.  Arrow was the first real attempt."  The story of billionaire rake Oliver Queen's transformation into a vigilante quickly found an audience, and two years later came The Flash, a spinoff that's now The CW's most watched series.  The shows "brought men back," says Pedowitz.  "It broadened our audience, which made us more interesting to our affiliates and to many advertisers."

You know what this tells me?  It tells me that storytelling on Arrow is always going to be geared toward attracting men 18-34.  That means costumed superheroes, fights, stunts, visuals, action sequences - and a central hero who's not tied to any one woman but available for multiple hook-ups in the future.  It also means no committed relationship for that hero.  They probably figure that they'll keep the female viewers just by periodically having SA shirtless.  

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 3

Shrinking? Perfecting his stalking technique I see, make it so the ladies can't even see you.

Eric O'Grady used his Ant-Man powers to spy on women in the shower. I imagine that's actually 50 Shades' primary reason for wanting to build this suit. All the better for being able to watch his chosen victim, at all times. Just to keep her 'safe', of course.

• Love 1

Shrinking? Perfecting his stalking technique I see, make it so the ladies can't even see you.

Shots fired.

I imagine that's actually 50 Shades' primary reason for wanting to build this suit. All the better for being able to watch his chosen victim, at all times. Just to keep her 'safe', of course.

He does care for her don't you know.

I suspect that Felicity and Oliver will get together before the end of the season, so that's not really my problem. I'm worried about what I'll be subjected to before we reach that point. I mean, basically episodes 13-16 sound extremely skippable. How much crap will I have to wade through to get one little crumb of something that I enjoy?

My sentiments exactly. If I don't enjoy the journey, the end result will be a disappointment. Edited by Limbo
  • Love 1

I wish the new TV Guide articles were posted online already...

In that same TV Guide issue, there was another article about "How Comic Books Conquered TV" which included the following:

You know what this tells me?  It tells me that storytelling on Arrow is always going to be geared toward attracting men 18-34.  That means costumed superheroes, fights, stunts, visuals, action sequences - and a central hero who's not tied to any one woman but available for multiple hook-ups in the future.  It also means no committed relationship for that hero.  They probably figure that they'll keep the female viewers just by periodically having SA shirtless.

Well I'm a 32 male who likes the Action but also likes the relationship between The Orignal Team Arrow trio. Plus I'm all for Felicity being the future Mrs Queen Lol they can't assume all males in that demo want the main hero to be a asshole who has many women

If so, the dead person better not be Quentin, I swear to god

I agree NO to Quentin being dead

Quentin learns about Sara's death, and the police go and try to dig up her body, but it's missing.  Dun dun dun!

That would be so awesome!

• Love 2

I want to clarify that I don't think all men 18-34 want that, just what I'm supposing TPTB think (based on past stuff that I've seen) - but again, I could be wrong.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

As people have been saying in another thread, it's not just female viewers who like Olicity.

The last episode made me more confident in Oliver/Felicity. Why? Because like Stephen said, "it's always darkest before the dawn". This is the first relationship Oliver actually has to WORK for (apart from Laurel in season 1 but let's be real, he didn't really work for that one). Nothing worth while ever comes easy so why shouldn't this be the case? Oliver/Felicity are having a battle of ideologies. I hope by the end of the season he figures out that Felicity was right in the sense that the ends shouldn't justify the means. I hope Felicity also realizes that Oliver will do ANYTHING to save the people he loves. They both have to learn how to be empathetic towards one another as well as learn how to communicate before making big decisions. This is something, I feel, is what they're growing towards.

I've said it a lot before and I'll say it again. Oliver and Felicity have to grow separately before they get together. Otherwise their Relationship -with a capital R- would be in tatters almost constantly. And the fact that they're growing separately means that obviously they're going to rub each other the wrong way once in a while.

The "darkest before the dawn" was definitely code for "don't give up on Olicity".O

Oliver and Felicity are not just fighting about his idiocy in thinking he can't be in a relationship, they're fighting about ideology, and that makes them already miles ahead of Castle and Becket were in s3&4 when it was only about being afraid to speak up.  (Incidentally, Nathan Fillion always said he was against putting them together; now he open about admitting how wrong he was). *

As much as I hate the idea of Felicity dating Ray and would love for her and Oliver to be happy in a Relationship right now, there is still some good stuff to be mined between them in terms of getting to trust each other (especially on Oliver's side) and appreciating what you've got when you finally get it.

Why they would do it like this, though, it's another question. Wouldn't have been better to let them grow closer organically during the season, instead of all this start-stop? They are going backwards, through the stages of a break-up but without having actually been together. Is that a thing, they ask actors to tone it down? I mean, even when the relationship is still in play?

The writing isn't good enough to do it in a steady stream; it's not a show about Oliver and Felicity.  And to be honest, I think what has been done so far is much better than the writing for Laurel or Roy or Ray.  The current conflict is organic, it stems from Oliver being controlling, both of his crusade (see the benching of Diggle) and of his relationships.There has to be a point at which Felicity puts her food down and says "enough, I'm not putting up with this" as Diggle did in season 1 or she ends up a doormat (which I'm sure is what the comic fanboys would prefer).  I'd also rather have her consider Ray when she's at odds with Oliver about a philosophical matter than she's just tired of waiting around for him, it's active in terms of her rather than just passive.

I hope SA and EBR don't tone down the chemistry because they'll get back to Olicity soon enough.  Ray isn't going to be a serious contender for Felicity.

*It was after the pilot episode that NF and SK were told to tone down the chemistry because it looked like Castle and Beckett were ready to jump into bed together in the next episode.

• Love 3

I want to clarify that I don't think all men 18-34 want that, just what I'm supposing TPTB think (based on past stuff that I've seen) - but again, I could be wrong.

I'm sorry Tv Echo I know you were speculating on what TPTB might think

Let's see... what no sane producer would ever do? (no offence, EP's of Arrow, but you've asked for it.)

Oh, I don't know... maybe killing Oliver again - and bringing him back via a Lazarus Pit?

Quentin learns about Sara's death, and the police go and try to dig up her body, but it's missing.  Dun dun dun!

Don't you dare suggest something that might result in me actually considering watching this dreck again! Of course, if Sara is resurrected, she'll just be evil so Laurel can defeat her, so I'd be fine in continuing not to watch.

• Love 1

The writing isn't good enough to do it in a steady stream; it's not a show about Oliver and Felicity.  And to be honest, I think what has been done so far is much better than the writing for Laurel or Roy or Ray.  The current conflict is organic, it stems from Oliver being controlling, both of his crusade (see the benching of Diggle) and of his relationships.There has to be a point at which Felicity puts her food down and says "enough, I'm not putting up with this" as Diggle did in season 1 or she ends up a doormat (which I'm sure is what the comic fanboys would prefer).  I'd also rather have her consider Ray when she's at odds with Oliver about a philosophical matter than she's just tired of waiting around for him, it's active in terms of her rather than just passive.

Yes, I know it's not a show about them. What I mean is, I would like for them to show this dynamic between them. I don't expect declarations or drama every episode, but just an acknowledging of how things are changed, why they've changed, where they could possibly go,organically, as in: not a big explosion in one episode and then "we're cool" for the next three until they need to blow things up again. I guess it wouldn't require more than a scene? A glance? An awkward pause? This kind of things that made season 2, basically.

And I agree that the writing for them it's better than other parts of the show, considering. And I like a lot this latest installment of angst.; at this point,though, I'm merely observing how this approach and this kind of obstacles seem a little..premature?( I can't find the exact word to what I mean).Considering they were never together, you know? Maybe it's that it's not the kind of story I was expecting for them, even if I do enjoy where this seems to be going.Just my opinion though :)

• Love 2

So, this is floating around on Tumblr (ETA: this is fan-made speculation, nothing confirmed)

OL5XGvj.jpg

Apparently they used the normal font for other "P" suggestions, and that's the one that fits with the font. 

As and aside: bless people who do this, haha. I have neither the time nor the patience.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 1

Since 317 is the wedding episode, maybe they'll kill off Lyla.  Then Diggle will be yet another man who's lost his beloved wife/fiance/lover, which will set him off on his superhero journey...

Edited by tv echo

Since 317 is the wedding episode, maybe they'll kill off Lyla.  Then Diggle will be yet another man who's lost his beloved wife/fiance/lover, which will set him off on his superhero journey...

Whoever dies (if anyone does) is probably being brought back via Lazarus Pit, if I had to make a guess. So probably not Lyla.

Edited by apinknightmare

With CL saying she's not coming back again, I'm more inclined to believe Quentin visits her grave and then exits past Tommy's and notices it has been disturbed.

The thing is we never saw Tommy's funeral or his burial.. we just saw the stone. OQ ran off to the island. MM was "dead" at the time. So, if MM was involved in transporting Tommy's body to any pit, it could have reasonably been done without many people noticing. A little closed casket, and who would know? Plus, explaining it to the audience would not be that hard. That being said, I do think I read some where that Colin Donnell was booked in a pilot and possibly committed to a broadway stint. So that would put a wrench in having him on full time. But they could have him guest star a few stints & line him up as a force for future episodes when he becomes available. I do not believe in this redemption arc as 100% legit, MM has something up his sleeve. It might not be Tommy 2.0, but there is some master agenda behind his recent attempt to walk in the light.

Sadly, I don't think they would be able to bring back Sara. We have seen her burial & dead body, so that means in TVland that she is probably dead. That and the way they made sure we knew she was dead, dead, dead. Isn't there a certain time in which you need to visit a LP for it to be effective? She was in the freezer for a long time, which makes me think that LP would be ineffective. Unlike Oliver who was nearly dead & frozen which saved him. She was dead & frozen, so  likely not candidate for resurrection via magical herbs or LP. But hey, is they can get CL on board & write a good story line for her resurrection, I'd be on board. 

So if we're lining up candidates for LP, I would think Ras & MM are strong possibilities. Because comics & it is in line with who they see themselves as. OQ & FS are unlikely, goes against their characters & story would not gain anything. Plus I think OQ should only get 1 resurrection per season. TM & Thea are fair possibility if writers wanna throw a curveball, esp considering I could see MM throwing them into the pit for multiple reasons both altruistic, loving & devious. For plot & character purposes, I would love for it to be TM or TMQ. It would be a game changer, and at least it would by fun & unexpected. LL would be a waste of the pit, unless they wanted her cry but they can tell that story another way. Everybody else, they'd have to make a strong case for them, cuz I can't see anyone else being remotely a candidate for a lil dip.

No, I think you were clear @apinknightmare, just seemed like people were treating it like it was confirmed that that was the title. I think we just confirmed that the title is probably 11 or 12 characters, including spaces. :) (Those are wide M's so if the title doesn't contain M's, it could be longer than 11 characters.) (WOW we are desperate for something to pique our interest and give us hope for the season, huh?)

• Love 1