Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

I like the idea of Oliver and Ray partnering up, and I think that's going to be the game-changer in 3x18, but it's not a good title for an episode because it is so clear.

I like Paralysis (except we need 3 more letters) in the sense that Oliver gets paralyzed if something happens to Felicity.  I really don't think it's going to be Felicity-centric if she's stuck in a hospital unless it's the concept of what does Felicity mean to the other characters.  And really, if Felicity is unconscious and Mama Smoak is there, she needs to talk to Oliver at least.

Prodigal Son?

Oh, Tommy, come back. And if  you're BSC from the Lazarus Pit, it would give Laurel a storyline too.

• Love 1

Hmmmm... Where is Colin Donnell? Does anybody know about his status on the affair? Or is he filmingYa pilot? aou can place response under spoiler tag.

I follow him on Instagram and he just finished a show in NY and was traveling to LA with his dog (maybe his fiancee too, can't remember.) I am wholeheartedly in favor of Zombie!Tommy because it's so dumb. I'd rather have deliberate BSC than the stupid BSC we're getting now.

I hope MG reveals a letter a day and it'll be like Wheel of Fortune. 

Not here for Budget Iron Man. Of course he can fly. They really want to make Oliver irrelevant on his own show, huh? 

• Love 6

Not here for Budget Iron Man. Of course he can fly. They really want to make Oliver irrelevant on his own show, huh? 

Maybe the ep title is Press Conference and Ray comes out as ATOM just like Tony Stark in Iron Man. Then Ray can be adored by the masses while Oliver lurks in the shadows. 

• Love 2

Wow. The amount of dread that rises within me when I see that the SPOILERS ONLY thread has been updated is kind of telling. Maybe it's time to drop this show. It's just not enjoyable anymore and MG's spoilers and interviews are not encouraging me to watch. 

So 318 begins with the letter P? Pitiful. Pathetic. Predictable. All words I'd use to describe this season rather than one specific episode. 

And Felicity has "moved on romantically from Oliver" huh? I really didn't see it that way but again, does MG actually want me to watch this show? I'm really confused that they even went there with Olicity if all they wanted to do was reset that relationship into a weird strained friendship of sorts. If this was any other show I'd have a modicum of faith this was all going somewhere by seasons' end but I have zero faith now. I'm starting to consider that Felicity ends this season in a proper relationship with Ray. It would be nice if her and Oliver could sort things out but apparently Oliver's not allowed to be happy on his own damn show. I give up. 

And Ray's ATOM suit involves flying? So much for keeping it grounded. I'm sorry but that kind of thing has a place on The Flash. It has no place on Arrow. This is all laughable. 

I hate everything.

So i did what every self respected procrastinator does: I went and googled DC characters names that start with a P, cause I stopped and thought to myself: what if it's not a word but a character?

So here are some options (we said about 12 characters right?)

Parasite

Peacemaker

Peak-a-boo (which just now appeared on flash but maybe she's the character with powers we'll see on arrow? Didn't MG just said something about that?)

Phantom/Phantasm and other variations

Pharamond

Professor ______ (enter any of the various characters - there's like 40 of them!)

And okay i give up there's nearly 200 names according to wiki.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_DC_Comics_characters:_P

Anybody has a twitter and would care to ask MG? I don't do twitter,

Edited by foreverevolving

Wow. The amount of dread that rises within me when I see that the SPOILERS ONLY thread has been updated is kind of telling. Maybe it's time to drop this show. It's just not enjoyable anymore and MG's spoilers and interviews are not encouraging me to watch. 

So 318 begins with the letter P? Pitiful. Pathetic. Predictable. All words I'd use to describe this season rather than one specific episode. 

And Felicity has "moved on romantically from Oliver" huh? I really didn't see it that way but again, does MG actually want me to watch this show? I'm really confused that they even went there with Olicity if all they wanted to do was reset that relationship into a weird strained friendship of sorts. If this was any other show I'd have a modicum of faith this was all going somewhere by seasons' end but I have zero faith now. I'm starting to consider that Felicity ends this season in a proper relationship with Ray. It would be nice if her and Oliver could sort things out but apparently Oliver's not allowed to be happy on his own damn show. I give up. 

And Ray's ATOM suit involves flying? So much for keeping it grounded. I'm sorry but that kind of thing has a place on The Flash. It has no place on Arrow. This is all laughable. 

I hate everything.

Felicity hasn't moved on Oliver Romaticlly and we know it. MG said she shut the door for now and didn't say anything about moving on to another man. Remember SA said at the Con that regarding Olicity it's dark right now but it will get better. Regarding end of season I still think it will come full circle from Premire at least with Olicity

Felicity hasn't moved on Oliver Romaticlly and we know it. MG said she shut the door for now and didn't say anything about moving on to another man. Remember SA said at the Con that regarding Olicity it's dark right now but it will get better. Regarding end of season I still think it will come full circle from Premire at least with Olicity

Well, that's what I thought before. I've always said that what happened in 301 was like a microcosm of the whole season and it should come full circle. But I've now witnessed characters written terribly and convoluted plots and a contrived build to romance between Ray and Felicity that I really didn't anticipate hating as much as I do when I started this season. It's a mess and I'm not convinced it will all be worked out, especially as MG likes to shit all over his main character.

Or maybe I'm just having one of those days. 

I hate everything.

I'm with you there.  If I knew how, this is where I would insert the Leslie Knope "Everything hurts and I'm dying" gif.

So i did what every self respected procrastinator does: I went and googled DC characters names that start with a P, cause I stopped and thought to myself: what if it's not a word but a character?

You may be on to something there because episode 18 last year was Deathstroke.  Maybe they are continuing that trend with a villain in episode 18 this year.

Well in this new EW interview MG calls them "former romantic interests". Sometimes his words just annoy me so much and leave me really weary.

He said that about Oliver and Felicity? Does this man want to drive people away? I'm barely hanging on because of EBR/Felicity and yes, the slim hope of Olicity, but if he wants to play that game, I can stick to YouTube. Especially because I have zero desire to watch Crazy Ray and that seems to be the only way I'll get Felicity for the next handful of episodes. 

• Love 4

He said that about Oliver and Felicity?

Felicity essentially pushed Oliver out of her life romantically, though they’ll still be working together. How will that work out?

That’s the thing: How do they work together despite these real significant romantic setbacks that they’ve had? How does Ray Palmer (Brandon Routh) complicate that? It’s going to be some interesting times for Oliver and Felicity both as friends, former romantic interests and co-workers. It’s an opportunity to move their relationship—lowercase r—into some new territory and get some scenes between Oliver and Felicity that are different than the ones we’ve seen on the show to date.

Source: http://www.ew.com/article/2015/02/10/arrow-boss-who-will-learn-olivers-secret-next?hootPostID=b883ce66796235f77ddd646374332931

Or maybe I'm just having one of those days.

To paraphrase the great Sheldon Cooper: Arrow gradually lowered the quality season by season until we were grateful it ended.

I am so close to that state, and at this point I'm grateful for that.  Screw it: let Felicity marry Ray, Oliver marry Laurel and have lots of chemistry-free passionless onscreen sex.     

• Love 4

Well in this new EW interview MG calls them "former romantic interests". Sometimes his words just annoy me so much and leave me really weary.

Sometimes I think he really loves to troll and sometimes I think he is so stupid and wonder would he really destroy a big part of what makes his show popular? Whether people like it or not SA and EBR have insane chemistry and Olicity is the biggest ship on the show. I love the Action and Olicity along with the Oliver/Felicity/Diggle Trio like seemingly the majority of fans. Why as a showrunner that you would go out of your way to destroy what the majority likes is baffling. They have to know by now that Ray isn't well liked and Laurel as instacanary isnt well taken either. But no it's all about Laurel and Ray with this goof even having arguably the most popular character be support for a newbie who's unlinked and getting hate. the writers are trying to get us to take it that he actually has a chance to break what Oliver and Felicity have by having Oliver yet again be a dumbass and throw in with a Pyscho who had his sister murder a former girlfriend.

• Love 4

I feel sorry for SA, who seems to be doing his best to keep people interested in the show by trying to assuage worried fans, while MG goes out of his way just to fuck with people. Now I'm waiting for the inevitable Twitter/tumblr explosion that's going to be set off with the "former romantic interests" comment.

• Love 10

I feel sorry for SA, who seems to be doing his best to keep people interested in the show by trying to assuage worried fans, while MG goes out of his way just to fuck with people. Now I'm waiting for the inevitable Twitter/tumblr explosion that's going to be set off with the "former romantic interests" comment.

I thought for sure they'd be trying to play up the love triangle, but I guess not? Or maybe Oliver's out of the picture for sure now so we can "believe" in Ray and Felicity, and then the love triangle comes into play later? Or maybe I just hold on tight and hope that I stop caring sometime soon.

• Love 1

They have to know by now that Ray isn't well liked and Laurel as instacanary isnt well taken either. But no it's all about Laurel and Ray with this goof even having arguably the most popular character be support for a newbie who's unlinked and getting hate.

MG just said that the internet and ratings show he's doing things right.  The only think they'll listen to is ratings, so unless they fall significantly, nothing will change.  I stopped watching after The Climb bc I was and am livid that they did that to Oliver/SA on his own show as such an obvious stunt, but lots of other people are still watching, so as far as MG is concerned everything is awesome.

• Love 5

I thought for sure they'd be trying to play up the love triangle, but I guess not? Or maybe Oliver's out of the picture for sure now so we can "believe" in Ray and Felicity, and then the love triangle comes into play later? Or maybe I just hold on tight and hope that I stop caring sometime soon.

That's the thing they said there is a love triangle coming

I do appreciate that SA is aware of what people like about the show and is honest when doling out little spoilery bits.  He seems to take no pleasure in messing with people.  I may not agree with his "best episode ever" declarations, but he seems generally aware of what people love.  Contrast that with MG who said that his favorite thing about Olicity is the internet.  I've wondered many times if I'm just being majorly conned by that man.

• Love 8

Do the EPs even talk to each other about how they're going to promote their shows? Because there's AK saying that Felicity is going to spend the later part of the season deciding on whether to choose Oliver or Ray, and now MG implying that Oliver is off the table as a romantic choice, as far as Felicity is concerned.

Or I should just stop reading anything the EPs say, because they're just shit stirring trolls.

• Love 12

This was interesting. For those of us who were thinking there would be instant forgiveness and absolution from Quentin for Laurel lying to him about Sara, MG said this in that EW interview.

I can pretty much guarantee that when Lance does find out, there will be very big hell to pay.

Also, I thought this was interesting too.

When we see Slade again, he’ll be in a different headspace. We’ll take his character in a new and different direction.

Edited by Starfish35

This was interesting. For those of us who were thinking there would be instant forgiveness and absolution from Quentin for Laurel lying to him about Sara, MG said this in that EW interview.

Yeah, they're going to be estranged for a bit, which will probably lead to her doing something stupid, like going to Nanda Parbat or...something else that's so Laurel. MG did kind of make it seem like he might not find out for a while longer though, or am I the only one who got that impression?

• Love 3

Why emphasize relationship - lowercase r?

We have 11 more episodes to go.  They do everything in 3-5 episode arcs. SA did say a) Oliver was still only going to have one woman this year (interviews prior to 3.10) and b) Oliver will eventually realize he can have a life with Felicity.  This probably happens after he realizes Ray is The ATOM and that Team Arrow can function without him.

UGH that EW article made me ragey. Why can't I stop caring about this stupid show and wanting it to succeed? I am full of dread about the rest of the season.

Whatever happens with Quentin, it won't be about him. It won't pay off for him. It will be in service of Laurel, so she can wallow in self-pity and use that to further fuel her SWF lifestyle. I hope he disowns her, honestly, and adopts Thea as his foster daughter instead.

MG: "Over the course of episodes 10, 11, and 12, [Laurel] eventually won over every member of the team. They’re basically supporting Laurel’s journey to becoming the Black Canary in a time when Oliver is incredibly against it. I don’t want to spoil the end of the episode, but Oliver’s reaction to not just Laurel being the Black Canary, but his team’s apparent support of that makes up a bulk of his story arc for episode 13."

Yes, Laurel won over every member of the team because you twisted them all into knots and forced them all to become deeply, deeply stupid in order to make that happen. So now Oliver's going to be pissed at the team for letting her in, as D/F are pissed at him for working with Merlyn, and all the team will take Laurel's side because we can't have Oliver ever be right about anything.

• Love 20

Why emphasize relationship - lowercase r?

We have 11 more episodes to go.  They do everything in 3-5 episode arcs. SA did say a) Oliver was still only going to have one woman this year (interviews prior to 3.10) and b) Oliver will eventually realize he can have a life with Felicity.  This probably happens after he realizes Ray is The ATOM and that Team Arrow can function without him.

Isn't "relationship, lowercase-r" his way of saying non-romantic? He's done it before. 

And yeah, that one sentence in that interview is contradictory to everything everyone else has sold about this season, so he must be promoting the now to get people on the Raylicity train. I'd rather be stranded at the station, dude.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 8

I feel like Quentin will still be in the dark for a while. And just because Oliver isn't right about Malcolm doesn't mean he isn't right about Laurel. But then again, it is not important to any of them whether or not the story makes sense.

As far as Oliver/Felicity goes: I enjoy that part of the show. I might not be a superfan but sometimes I feel sorry for the fandom. They embrace the show, encourage people to watch and in the end they do have to feel like idiots for being strung along. I am not saying that the EPs should always do what fans want but they use them when they need them and in the end flip them off. It is not really a nice way to deal with them. Yes, some fans are slightly, well let's say, more 'passionate' than others but the EPs should not be surprised if they sometimes get hate. Sometimes they are simply asking for it. 

Edited by Belinea
  • Love 6

Felicity essentially pushed Oliver out of her life romantically, though they’ll still be working together. How will that work out?

That’s the thing: How do they work together despite these real significant romantic setbacks that they’ve had? How does Ray Palmer (Brandon Routh) complicate that? It’s going to be some interesting times for Oliver and Felicity both as friends, former romantic interests and co-workers. It’s an opportunity to move their relationship—lowercase r—into some new territory and get some scenes between Oliver and Felicity that are different than the ones we’ve seen on the show to date.

Source: http://www.ew.com/article/2015/02/10/arrow-boss-who-will-learn-olivers-secret-next?hootPostID=b883ce66796235f77ddd646374332931

So I feel like what they are doing with SA & ERB is basically telling them to cool it on the chemistry. They are gonna use these episodes to see what potential there is for O/F to be "just" friends. The only way to do that is to somehow get the actors to stop having so much chemistry or interaction. It's really what I feared when they put the date in the premiere. They are burning through all the Olicity possibilities so they can be free to write whatever they want to in future seasons. Its not that I don't doubt that she is probably endgame, its that I doubt TPTB want her in that role in S3. They are like Ras using the audience's appreciation for Olicity against us. They imply that she is a moral center and linked to his humanity, but then they neutralize some of her influence over him. I think the writers are trying to see if they can sustain a relationship between O/F that does not want everyone to focus on their "Relationship". They really are trying to duplicate a lot of the mistakes they made the first time around with LL, when they made Tommy be the man that pulls Oliver's LI into friend category and sustains her there until Oliver makes a hard left and sleeps with her. I mean wasn't that all of LL & OQ plot in S1 hurt ex-lovers become friends again, tragedy ensues reset to next season when OQ learns a new life lesson, LI becomes sidelined in sub-plot. We are simply substituting Ray in Tommy's place.... If they take this route, I think the writers are essentially killing everything that made people want Olicity in the first place. This is the problem when writers/actors accidentally create a ship, realize it makes sense, probably even like it, but like Oliver are too afraid to embrace it. So now we'll all get some dumb choices leading to dumb outcomes that will resolve it self at some point if the writer get their heads out of their asses.

Edited by kismet
  • Love 2
When we see Slade again, he’ll be in a different headspace. We’ll take his character in a new and different direction.

Maybe they're going to redeem him too. After all, he only killed Moira, a woman. That clearly means nothing on this show.

MG: "Over the course of episodes 10, 11, and 12, [Laurel] eventually won over every member of the team. They’re basically supporting Laurel’s journey to becoming the Black Canary in a time when Oliver is incredibly against it. I don’t want to spoil the end of the episode, but Oliver’s reaction to not just Laurel being the Black Canary, but his team’s apparent support of that makes up a bulk of his story arc for episode 13."

Yes, Laurel won over every member of the team because you twisted them all into knots and forced them all to become deeply, deeply stupid in order to make that happen. So now Oliver's going to be pissed at the team for letting her in, as D/F are pissed at him for working with Merlyn, and all the team will take Laurel's side because we can't have Oliver ever be right about anything.

As far as I'm concerned, one of the main reasons why this show is suffering this season is because they're trying so hard to make Laurel/BC happen, writing characters OOC just to make her fit. The team used to function just fine actually and now there's discord and why is that? Laurel's there. I'm sorry but I'm done with it. So very done. 

I remember season 3 of Castle, where the actors were told to tone down the chemistry, and the writing doused the spark between them. It was pretty dreadful, and made the show as drab and dull as any procedural. Good luck with this show when that little spark of energy has been sucked out of it.

I remember many of us said that the writers going down the 'will they, won't they' route with Oliver and Felicity would threaten to ruin their scenes, and the show as a whole. Looks like that's at least one of the issues this show is having. But don't worry, because all that whacky, 'fun' chemistry between Felicity and her very own stalker will make up for it all!

• Love 2

I kind of wonder whether Oliver's going to quit his own team for a bit. Next episode is flashback-heavy and he's on Lian Yu. 315 is this Nanda Parbat thing, and also where he actually trains with Malcolm apparently, so he could be mostly occupied with that, and then end up in NP at least by the end. Ditto for 316, The Offer. We know he's in Starling for 317, at least in time for the wedding--which also shows that he's not completely like estranged from everyone during this time.

I don't know. I could imagine him being like, she's not working down here. I won't support that. And then his team is like, well, we're going to, so.... And then he just starts doing his own thing, intersecting with them, but not like normal, for awhile.

• Love 3

I've seen other shows where they try to downplay the chemistry but the actors choose to keep playing it up. On Warehouse 13, Jamie Murray and Joanne Kelly fully admitted at cons that they were playing their characters in love with each other even though the writers never had any attention of putting them together and untimely had Myka end up with her male partner. 

As for Laurel what does she even bring to the team besides another body? With Sara they were pretty much like, you are highly skilled and trained, if you want to fight, fight. Then she brought some forensic knowledge to the lair. Laurel is not skilled and has no training. She's more of a liability then a help. 

• Love 2

So I feel like what they are doing with SA & ERB is basically telling them to cool it on the chemistry. They are gonna use these episodes to see what potential there is for O/F to be "just" friends. The only way to do that is to somehow get the actors to stop having so much chemistry or interaction. It's really what I feared when they put the date in the premiere. They are burning through all the Olicity possibilities so they can be free to write whatever they want to in future seasons. Its not that I don't doubt that she is probably endgame, its that I doubt TPTB want her in that role in S3. They are like Ras using the audience's appreciation for Olicity against us. They imply that she is a moral center and linked to his humanity, but then they neutralize some of her influence over him. I think the writers are trying to see if they can sustain a relationship between O/F that does not want everyone to focus on their "Relationship". They really are trying to duplicate a lot of the mistakes they made the first time around with LL, when they made Tommy be the man that pulls Oliver's LI into friend category and sustains her there until Oliver makes a hard left and sleeps with her. I mean wasn't that all of LL & OQ plot in S1 hurt ex-lovers become friends again, tragedy ensues reset to next season when OQ learns a new life lesson, LI becomes sidelined in sub-plot. We are simply substituting Ray in Tommy's place.... If they take this route, I think the writers are essentially killing everything that made people want Olicity in the first place. This is the problem when writers/actors accidentally create a ship, realize it makes sense, probably even like it, but like Oliver are too afraid to embrace it. So now we'll all get some dumb choices leading to dumb outcomes that will resolve it self at some point if the writer get their heads out of their asses.

See that's the problem they were friends just fine along with having the insane chemistry/Sexual tension between them and that what made us olicters love them. Now this season they give us the date and the ILYs and they are gonna have them try to be friends that's BS so they can try and force gross Raylicity. I hate that I want Felicity happy just not with Ray cause I don't buy it!! I don't want a relationship forced down my throat!! I'm tired of Oliver not getting any breaks making dumb decisions and HATE Felicity being used to Prop Ray when he's a Goddamn newbie and SHE is the one who deserves a big storyline. I want to believe that the end of the season is full circle from the premire Oliver gets QC back and starts a Future with Felicity that's what it should be anyway but MG is a hack

Oliver quitting the team because of Laurel?  I wonder what kind of reaction that would get from the audience.  Probably none, unfortunately, since the show has been shelling out crap for a while now, and it hasn't seemed to make a difference in terms of viewership.

Edited by SonofaBiscuit
  • Love 3

I remember season 3 of Castle, where the actors were told to tone down the chemistry, and the writing doused the spark between them. It was pretty dreadful, and made the show as drab and dull as any procedural. Good luck with this show when that little spark of energy has been sucked out of it.

I remember many of us said that the writers going down the 'will they, won't they' route with Oliver and Felicity would threaten to ruin their scenes, and the show as a whole. Looks like that's at least one of the issues this show is having. But don't worry, because all that whacky, 'fun' chemistry between Felicity and her very own stalker will make up for it all!

Like I said before if these writers(And EBR) weren't stuck on the happy couple automatically equals boring Crap we could have had Olicity get together in the season Premiere than backburn the relationship have them be together but not drag the show down with the Angst.

In my opinion, this is the part of the season where they put Oliver/Felicity's 'R'elationship on the back-burner, hence MG saying "former romantic interests". They'll probably even tease some kind of a Ray/Felicity romance. However, once it gets closer to the finale (post-3x18 probably) Oliver/Felicity will start getting closer again and Ray and Felicity will drift apart.

As far as I'm concerned, everything that's happening right now with Oliver/Felicity and Felicity/Ray is par for the course during the "angst season", I'd be surprised if Oliver/Felicity didn't end up together at the end of the season.

• Love 3

I wasn't part of fandom at the time but isn't this what happened after Oliver and Sara got together? Pre-213 Lunge between O/S, SA said that Oliver was jealous of Barry and would talk about Olicity, but post-lunge he claimed he never said that and Olicity was downplayed, which makes sense because he was reading scripts where Oliver and Sara were together and Felicity was just shoved in the background somewhere with Diggle. I'm hoping all this stuff about Oliver and Felicity is purely because Felicity is dating Ray at the moment and not indicative of a larger plot to end Olicity altogether. This season has been so bad that the only reason I've continued watching is by holding onto my hope for Olicity eventually but maybe that was naive.

Grrrr. I just don't know anymore. I blame MG for this. I thought interviews and spoilers were supposed to raise enthusiasm to watch, not destroy it.

Edited by Guest