Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

Its not the fact that Felicity is interacting them that is going to hurt her popularity. Its the fact that she is acting OOC around them. I can totally buy a friendly Felicity with Laurel because that's the kinda of person Felicity is. But I can't buy Felicity throwing logic and truth out the window to prop up Laurel. Same with Diggle.

And I totally understand how they could be annoyed with Felicity's popularity when they are trying to push another characters, but too bad. Be grateful you are getting the attention from the fans and the praise from the critics. 

• Love 19

So they're going to have Felicity reject Oliver (possibly for stupid noble reasons) despite the audience knowing that he told her he loved her and his 'last' thoughts were of her. Then they're going to have her hook up with a guy who she has actively and consciously compared to Oliver, but apparently is 'easier'. Well, that works out quite well for her, doesn't it?

Will this be another case of Guggenheim being 'surprised' by the reaction of fans. Which seems to happen whenever he puts something in that is glaringly obviously going to be wildly unpopular. Like using Sara's voice for Laurel to fool Quentin into thinking his daughter wasn't brutally murdered a few months back and no one wants to tell him.

To me, this season is about getting the show back to the original couple Laurel/Oliver. They spend this season building up Laurel by making her Black Canary and killing off or destroying every other female character to make her more popular. By mid-season next year I expect we'll be back at Laurel/Oliver and Felicity might even be dead.

I can't wait to read the interviews with Katie Cassidy next season when she is all giddy that another actress lost their job so she can have more screentime.

• Love 2

Its not the fact that Felicity is interacting them that is going to hurt her popularity. Its the fact that she is acting OOC around them. I can totally buy a friendly Felicity with Laurel because that's the kinda of person Felicity is. But I can't buy Felicity throwing logic and truth out the window to prop up Laurel. Same with Diggle.

And I totally understand how they could be annoyed with Felicity's popularity when they are trying to push another characters, but too bad. Be grateful you are getting the attention from the fans and the praise from the critics.

Exactly! They struck gold with her and EBR

And its not our fault that Laurel Was written as unlikeable

To me, this season is about getting the show back to the original couple Laurel/Oliver. They spend this season building up Laurel by making her Black Canary and killing off or destroying every other female character to make her more popular. By mid-season next year I expect we'll be back at Laurel/Oliver and Felicity might even be dead.

You know, once in a while I get this crazy idea in my head that since the writers are so impressed with Nolan's Dark Knight Trilogy, they will eventually rewrite that story into their own and have:

Batman = Oliver

Rachel = Felicity

Catwoman = Laurel

Two-Face = Ray

And we know how Rachel ended up.

But then I think positive thoughts and say to myself: "no. these writers are not THAT dumb". Let this not be one of these sturpid theories that end up being true.

Oh my gosh.  I just saw another picture of Oliver in his suit, and he does indeed have suspenders on under his jacket.  Thank you Jesus.

Praise Jesus indeed. Just in time for the weekend.

Now, let's hope something happens during the reception that forces Oliver to take off the jacket.

• Love 4

I will never ever ever like Laurel more than Felicity and they are sad and Pathetic if they are mad that a chrarcter that THEY wrote to be like Laurel is unliked. You would think they would love what makes the show popular like OG Team Arrow Olicity. They should love the attention Felicity gets

You know, once in a while I get this crazy idea in my head that since the writers are so impressed with Nolan's Dark Knight Trilogy, they will eventually rewrite that story into their own and have:

Batman = Oliver

Rachel = Felicity

Catwoman = Laurel

Two-Face = Ray

And we know how Rachel ended up.

But then I think positive thoughts and say to myself: "no. these writers are not THAT dumb". Let this not be one of these sturpid theories that end up being true.

Praise Jesus indeed. Just in time for the weekend.

Now, let's hope something happens during the reception that forces Oliver to take off the jacket.

I bet it does hope it involves Felicity! I'm talking about oliver having to remove his Suspenders of course!!

Edited by jay741982

The more I think about Oliver returning and team Arrow abeing all "fall in line Oliver. We do things differently now" the more annoyed I am. Jeez folks it's been 2 weeks.

Seeing as Felicity is team Laurel-as-BC now I see no problem with her being a vigilante being the reason Felicity is angered (read annoyed because I don't trust MG) at Oliver's (rightful) distaste. Things might escalate from there and just become uncomfortable for everyone around. Honestly, I don't expect anything coherent on Wednesday nights.

I need to remind myself to calm down. I'm so glad I'm not actually watching this snot.

• Love 3

Someone mentioned Felicity not being mentioned in the synopsis for 3.13 & 3.14.  The only thing I have seen is that Felicity & Laurel have a "great" scene in 3.13 and that her babbling returns in 3.14.  Since Oliver is on Lian Yu this makes me wonder if she says some inappropriate things around Ray. It was cute in S1 with Oliver but I thought she had grown out of that stage

Is it possible we get Felicity in the flashbacks to Starling City? People assumed that the flashbacks to her at MIT were her final year, and going by Marc saying she graduated at 19/20 that would line up with her age now. So maybe she's already at QC and Oliver sees her there? 3x14 is supposed to be flashback heavy (like always) with Oliver and Thea on Lian Yu. I can't see them doing a flashback heavy episode, have scenes on the island, and then have scenes in present day Starling City. 

If Oliver had told Felicity that he didn't want to "die down there" and he came back and she started dating someone else I can see her taking a hit for that. But imo, in 3x07 when she heard him tell Cupid that he couldn't be with someone, ever, that was it for her. I think she was still holding out a bit of hope that he would stop being an idiot. But he said that, and she decided that it was final, and she was going to move on. We know how Oliver feels, and we know that she was his last thought, but she doesn't know that yet. And unless he tells her we can't judge her for moving on when she still thinks that they will never be together. 

If she continued to sit silently all season in the lair, and waiting for Oliver to change his mind, that would maker her OOC to me. Why would Felicity wait around for a guy who told her that while he loves her, he can never be with her, and it's only a matter of time before he dies? (And then well, he did die). 

Edited by HighHopes
  • Love 4

I'm kind of fearful that the writers will go so far out of their way to bring Laurel into the fold that it will turn the audience against fan favorite characters.  I think that it's already begun with Felicity helping Laurel to deceive Captain Lance.  Now it sounds like Oliver is going to come back and be slightly perturbed/maybe pissed about Laurel becoming Sara -2.0, so I can already hear the complaints about how he's a controlling asshole and how dare he tell Laurel what she should do. Sigh.

Edited by SonofaBiscuit
  • Love 4

I really have no idea what to expect from 3.12 because nothing makes any sense. In the matter or 2/3 weeks, the city has bowed to a recently released slum lord. The new team is flailing around. They are looking to the least experienced newbie toddler for guidanice. Oliver comes back to what, a city in chaos? How did that prove everyone else can stand on their own two feet?

And Diggle's line? Its sounds cold. And I'm a little offended for Oliver. He was the head of the Team, but he wasn't a tyrannt. Him coming back and questioning what they hell they where thinking let Laurel out into the streets, is perfectly logical.

• Love 19

wow, things took a turn for the bleak in this comment section. I can't even blame you all for that :p As for who MG likes as a couple, I don't think that he dislikes/doesn't care for Oliver/Felicity. I think he enjoys them. Enjoys writing for them as much as actors like SA and DR enjoy playing a part in their relationship because they all look out for what's best for the characters in the long run. I feel like with regards to Felicity/Oliver, their relationship makes sense. Where they're at right now makes sense. In a season of filled with stuff that that makes little to no sense (Laurel, Oliver protecting Malcolm, how Oliver survived, Laurel), it's amazing how Oliver/Felicity are the ones that DO make sense and that's how I know MG cares for Oliver/Felicity. If Felicity blows up at Oliver at the end of episode 12 then I'm sure her reasoning will make sense too. If she gets with Ray Palmer (perish the thought because I'd much rather see them as friends) then maybe it's because Felicity has a good reason to be with him and not Oliver. If there's one thing for sure, I think the writers did good regarding Oliver/Felicity and their growing dynamic. It's just that the writers write for plot and not character. And that's when things get iffy regarding the rest of the show (Ray/Felicity, Laurel/Felicity, Laurel/Quentin, just Laurel with everyone). 

• Love 9

I actually don't see what's wrong with Oliver not wanting Laurel to be BC. He cares about her and he knows Sara would never want her to have that kind of life. I admit it's her choice but Oliver articulating his anger and worries about it seems perfectly in character to me. 

Ugh, I've just realized if we're getting flashbacks showing Oliver seeing Tommy/Laurel all over each other or whatever, it's very likely we'll see present day Oliver watching as Felicity and Ray move into a relationship, you know, because parallels. Yikes. 

Someone wake me when Ray Palmer ends. 

It's in character but Oliver can be kinda over controlling at times. Even reviews have mentioned it lol 

Well, yeah, of course. But as long as it's in character I really don't care. It is stupid for her to go out there with no training. She could get herself killed. Just because she wants to do it and thinks she has the 'heart' or whatever doesn't mean she should. And people are forgetting that they go out there as a team and her being unprepared training wise makes her not only a liability to herself but her team members. I wouldn't want her to have my back, not yet anyway. 

Edited by Guest

I'm kind of fearful that the writers will go so far out of their way to bring Laurel into the fold that it will turn the audience against fan favorite characters. I think that it's already begun with Felicity helping Laurel to deceive Captain Lance. Now it sounds like Oliver is going to come back and be slightly perturbed/maybe pissed about Laurel becoming Sara -2.0, so I can already hear the complaints about how he's a controlling asshole and how dare he tell Laurel what she should do. Sigh.

That would only piss off Laurel fans I believe and I could not hate Felicity

It is stupid for her to go out there with no training. She could get herself killed. Just because she wants to do it and thinks she has the 'heart' or whatever doesn't mean she should. And people are forgetting that they go out there as a team and her being unprepared training wise makes her not only a liability to herself but her team members. I wouldn't want her to have my back, not yet anyway. 

Yeah, my feelings about this haven't changed, and that's not only because I officially hate Laurel these days. The point is that Oliver is well within his rights to tell his friend who has all of two months of boxing lessons under her belt that he doesn't think she should take to the streets to fight bad guys. She can say, "Well, I'm gonna." And then he can say, "Fine but I won't train you and you can't use my facilities." And then if TA take her side, well. Then I'm still on Oliver's side. And then I don't know what to do about that because the show believes he's in the wrong on this one, and I just disagree. No need to go into the thousand reasons why.

But yes, the show has always shown Oliver as being controlling and protective instinctively. They ALSO often show that that's his first instinct, and with time or evidence, he can change his mind. And basically everyone around him does whatever the hell they want to do regardless of his attempts to control. So that aspect of him is more endearing than irritating, to me. It's precious, how he wants to control things because of his trauma, but he never really can.

Edited by Carrie Ann
  • Love 15

I actually don't see what's wrong with Oliver not wanting Laurel to be BC. He cares about her and he knows Sara would never want her to have that kind of life. I admit it's her choice but Oliver articulating his anger and worries about it seems perfectly in character to me. 

I absolutely agree.  I don't fault Oliver at all because he said that Sara would not have wanted this life for Laurel.  I'm just thinking about the comments to the Guilty episode where some people were basically saying that Oliver was a controlling douche.

I'm hoping that the flashbacks in 3x14 are more about Oliver beginning to lose his humanity as he's angered by the fact that his loved ones have moved on without him (Laurel, Tommy, Thea).  Basically, he feels like he has nothing to come back to, nothing to live for, and the Oliver Queen part of him begins to die.  Meanwhile, over in present day Lian Yu, Slade can reminisce about how Oliver got him good by fooling him into thinking he had snatched the woman Oliver loved (Felicity).  Then maybe Oliver can give this nice lovely speech about Felicity and when he fell in love with her since MG said something about being curious to see the fan response to that episode. 

• Love 4

Felicity pretty much said the same thing to Ray dizzy about Anna not wanting him to fight. The sentiment is the same, albeit Felicity didn't know Anna.

Laurel should not be on the streets at all. Nothing on the show will convince me of this AT. ALL. It seems like a very logical argument but they'll no doubt spin it as Oliver being controlling. The problem is, Laurel goes elsewhere to learn to train, gets hurt, then it's Oliver's fault because he knew she wanted to. Meanwhile I'm sitting thinking "Laurel is a liability. She isn't team Arrow's responsibility so if she gets hurt that's on her."

But nooooooooo. Oliver the controlling jerk could've helped her and she wouldn't be hurt. Lies.

• Love 18

The point is that Oliver is well within his rights to tell his friend who has all of two months of boxing lessons under her belt that he doesn't think she should take to the streets to fight bad guys. She can say, "Well, I'm gonna." And then he can say, "Fine but I won't train you and you can't use my facilities." And then if TA take her side, well. Then I'm still on Oliver's side.

Absolutely, this is not All Hands on Deck, Laurel isn't a hand she's a liability, and I don't want him telling her she can't do it AT ALL, only that he's not going to support her crazy ass. If what she wants is for Oliver to support her the very best she could hope for is sitting in the lair helping with logistics while she *apprentices* with Oliver/TA just like Roy did.

Obviously Oliver is never going to agree to that, so Nyssa will be her next option. Goddess be with Nyssa.

• Love 4

Yeah, my feelings about this haven't changed, and that's not only because I officially hate Laurel these days. The point is that Oliver is well within his rights to tell his friend who has all of two months of boxing lessons under her belt that he doesn't think she should take to the streets to fight bad guys. She can say, "Well, I'm gonna." And then he can say, "Fine but I won't train you and you can't use my facilities." And then if TA take her side, well. Then I'm still on Oliver's side. And then I don't know what to do about that because the show believes he's in the wrong on this one, and I just disagree. No need to go into the thousand reasons why.

But yes, the show has always shown Oliver as being controlling and protective instinctively. They ALSO often show that that's his first instinct, and with time or evidence, he can change his mind. And basically everyone around him does whatever the hell they want to do regardless of his attempts to control. So that aspect of him is more endearing than irritating, to me. It's precious, how he wants to control things because of his trauma, but he never really can.

Exactly. I think it would be OOC if Oliver didn't express his worries, if he wasn't concerned. At least here I know the writers are getting something right. Silver linings and all that.

And I'm pretty much always going to be on Oliver's side, for most things anyway, even more so this season. I'm kind of sick of people shitting all over him and saying he deserves all he gets (especially where Felicity is concerned) because this guy has so much baggage, has incurred so much trauma in such a short amount of time, I'm actually surprised he still has the strength of mind to get out of bed. So I can excuse him for a lot of things. I'm not saying he always deserves a free pass but getting all angry that he wants to  a) protect those he cares about and b) have control of his mission - something he started for very emotional reasons, just baffles me tbh. 

Did you guys not hear the voice over? Oliver needs to accept that Everything Has Changed in the twenty minutes that he's been gone. He can't just swan back into the secret lair that he built, and expect to have any sort of say in which dumb yokels decided to run about in leathers, trying to beat people up.

Again, Guggenheim will probably be surprised that any viewers would side with Oliver over Laurel and Felicity. Because Guggenheim has trouble with narrative and character logic.

• Love 17

Yeah, I will live in bitterness thread forever more if team sides with laurel about not suiting up. I know they are going to though, just know it. Fear it, but trying to come to terms that it's gonna happen.

Nothing like surviving against impossible odds to have whatever is gonna happen in 12 happen. Yuck. Poor Oliver.

• Love 1

Is it possible we get Felicity in the flashbacks to Starling City? People assumed that the flashbacks to her at MIT were her final year, and going by Marc saying she graduated at 19/20 that would line up with her age now. So maybe she's already at QC and Oliver sees her there? 3x14 is supposed to be flashback heavy (like always) with Oliver and Thea on Lian Yu. I can't see them doing a flashback heavy episode, have scenes on the island, and then have scenes in present day Starling City.

Yeah, I was thinking along these same lines. They're gonna invert the structure not only in the amount of time spent in flashbacks and present time, but also put the flashbacks in Starling City, and present time in Lian Yu. I'm not expecting present time SC, although with these guys, they might want to fit the kitchen sink in there too.

But I was just wondering that maybe we'll see Dig and Lyla's marriage falling apart, and maybe it's Felicity's first day at Queen Consolidated, or something. And somehow Oliver and Maseo cross paths with them because ~symbolism.

I'm just expecting a big messy mess.  Oliver will return, and Felicity, Diggle, and Roy will probably insist that Laurel deserves to be a part of the team, fighting missions with them.  But I'm gonna take Oliver's side and say hell no.  Then Oliver is probably going to side with Diggle, Roy, and Laurel and decide that it's a good idea to team up with Malcolm.  Here I'm going to be siding with Felicity while saying hell no.  I like the team better when everything is in harmony.  

• Love 6

Did you guys not hear the voice over? Oliver needs to accept that Everything Has Changed in the twenty minutes that he's been gone. He can't just swan back into the secret lair that he built, and expect to have any sort of say in which dumb yokels decided to run about in leathers, trying to beat people up.

Again, Guggenheim will probably be surprised that any viewers would side with Oliver over Laurel and Felicity. Because Guggenheim has trouble with narrative and character logic.

Which might even be a tad believable if the group minus Oliver had ANY kind of success without him. But no we've seen them fail so bad that they had to bring Laurel  onto the team because they were so desperate. And in the clip from next week the group is again getting their backsides handed to them until the Arrow shows back up. Diggle's special forces training and Felicity's experience of running missions has not been enough to take out a thug from the Glades but Oliver needs to have a seat because things have changed?

Edited by Orion
  • Love 7

I'm just expecting a big messy mess. Oliver will return, and Felicity, Diggle, and Roy will probably insist that Laurel deserves to be a part of the team, fighting missions with them. But I'm gonna take Oliver's side and say hell no. Then Oliver is probably going to side with Diggle, Roy, and Laurel and decide that it's a good idea to team up with Malcolm. Here I'm going to be siding with Felicity while saying hell no. I like the team better when everything is in harmony.

Yeah, I think this is what's going to happen.

Just for kicks, I googled "I don't want to be a woman you love" with quotes. ALL RESULTS are Arrow. If you remove the word "arrow", all results are still Arrow. Ergo, this terrible joke of a sentence does not exist in nature. Only on Arrow.

• Love 19

Just for kicks, I googled "I don't want to be a woman you love" with quotes. ALL RESULTS are Arrow. If you remove the word "arrow", all results are still Arrow. Ergo, this terrible joke of a sentence does not exist in nature. Only on Arrow.

It's just a terrible terrible line of dialogue. No one says that kind of thing in real life. It's awkward and makes me cringe just thinking of how it comes about. 

This sentence continues to bug THE HELL out of me. I kept thinking it was a tease and the A would be a THE in the episode, but MG reiterated the A on Tumblr, so boo.

I feel like they've got to be fighting about Laurel and him not thinking she should be on the team and being all Oliver (understandably) about it. Or maybe about his instincts toward women he cares about in general? Like getting all grrrrr over Laurel fighting or making questionable decisions when it comes to Thea (not telling her the truth or whatever). But she's seen him do both of those things before, so...and what would that have to do with wanting him to leave her alone romantically? Unless that was the lie SA was talking about and the conversation doesn't quite go like that.

Basically I know nothing and I need to know what that terrible sentence is about.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 1
These are always fun. Felicity tells Oliver to leave her alone romantically.

Ok, as a non-Olicity shipper I am really starting to get annoyed by this dramatic shift in the Olicity dynamic this season. For 2 years, Oliver was more or less completely oblivious to Felicity whereas her feelings for him were clear as day and now this season, Oliver has suddenly turned into this emo, puddle of mush whilst Felicity has become an unattainable ice queen, who rebuffs him over and over and over again. Maybe if the show had build to this organically, it wouldn't seem so jarring to me, but now it feels like the writers completely changed the writing for these 2 characters just so they can force this (IMO) unwatchable will-they-won't-they dynamic onto the audience. 

• Love 3

But wouldn't everyone and their mother begin to hate Laurel again if she is the reason for the fight between Oliver and Felicity. I don't know whether or not that would be the smartest move. 

Ok, as a non-Olicity shipper I am really starting to get annoyed by this dramatic shift in the Olicity dynamic this season. For 2 years, Oliver was more or less completely oblivious to Felicity whereas her feelings for him were clear as day and now this season, Oliver has suddenly turned into this emo, puddle of mush whilst Felicity has become an unattainable ice queen, who rebuffs him over and over and over again. Maybe if the show had build to this organically, it wouldn't seem so jarring to me, but now it feels like the writers completely changed the writing for these 2 characters just so they can force this (IMO) unwatchable will-they-won't-they dynamic onto the audience. 

You know, I kind of agree with this, to an extent, and I'm an Olicity shipper. I don't think Oliver was oblivious to Felicity though, IMO he had feelings that developed over two seasons. He just didn't necessarily vocalize them. It was more of a show don't tell kind of thing, which I like. But I do think they've lost some of the balance they had last season. Felicity is the most jarring to me right now; even though I do understand the reasons why, I think she's gone too far the other way. 

But I'm just dismissing this as poor writing because they needed Olicity to be in a certain place for plot reasons by 301 and then they need Felicity to act a certain way so she can have a romance with Ray because apparently every show needs a love triangle and Felicity isn't her own character anymore, she's purely a prop for superheroes. 

If there really is a word to define this season, its unbalanced. Everything feels off-kilter. We know where Oliver's head is at, but where is Felicity's? Laurel doesn't acknowledge anyone but Oliver until he is gone. And then, Diggle and Felicity act out of character to place the power with Laurel. We have Oliver/Malcolm/Roy all talking about Thea but no one is talking to her. She is a puppet.

• Love 14

We have Oliver/Malcolm/Roy all talking about Thea but no one is talking to her. She is a puppet.

This. Sorry I'm just so annoyed by Thea's storyline. And maybe I'm dumb but I still don't really understand what was stopping Roy from telling Thea herself what was going on in the last episode instead of the confrontation with Malcolm (although I did like the scene) besides `plot reasons` 

Edited by ban1o
  • Love 2

Oliver lies and hides things from everyone as second nature, Laurel (and now TA) lie and hide Sara's death and her own masking from Quentin, Maseo lies and hides things from Waller and Oliver, Malcolm lies and is hiding things from Thea, Thea lies and hides things from Oliver, Thea's DJ friends is lying and hiding things from her...so basically, the most straight forward person on the show is Ra's al Ghul, who does exactly what he says he is going to do?

Edited by KirkB
  • Love 10

Do we think the episode where Malcolm takes Thea and Oliver to the island is when Thea finds out the truth? I sure hope so. She deserves so much better and to think I was excited for her storyline. It's been nothing but an epic fail so far.

Before the season started, there was an interview with Guggenheim, and he was talking about Laurel being in on the secret re: Team Arrow, but that of course she was keeping other secrets, because this is the nature of the show. So the bunch of secrets are there because they've decided these characters need to be keeping secrets. Reasoning optional.

What is it specifically that bothers so much about that sentence? Honest question, english is my second language and I feel like I'm missing something :)

I think it's because if it were a direct line, it'd go I don't want you to love me.

As it is, it sounds like a rebuttal. As in, Oliver said something that includes the words "a woman I love", or "women I love", and Felicity is throwing the words back in his face, and is basically speaking "a woman you love" with air quotes.

Please let her make air quotes.

Edited by dancingnancy
  • Love 2

Do we think the episode where Malcolm takes Thea and Oliver to the island is when Thea finds out the truth? I sure hope so. She deserves so much better and to think I was excited for her storyline. It's been nothing but an epic fail so far.

That's what I'm guessing and would make the most sense (I mean how could she now know when they are on the island an interacting with Slade) but with the writers anything is possible 

Edited by ban1o

That's what I'm guessing and would make the most sense (I mean how could she now know when they are on the island an interacting with Slade) but with the writers anything is possible 

Like - she'll be brainwashed. AGAIN.

Before the season started, there was an interview with Guggenheim, and he was talking about Laurel being in on the secret re: Team Arrow, but that of course she was keeping other secrets, because this is the nature of the show. So the bunch of secrets are there because they've decided these characters need to be keeping secrets. Reasoning optional.

I think it's because if it were a direct line, it'd go I don't want you to love me.

As it is, it sounds like a rebuttal. As in, Oliver said something that includes the words "a woman I love", or "women I love", and Felicity is throwing the words back in his face, and is basically speaking "a woman you love" with air quotes.

Please let her make air quotes.

Thank you :) Now I get it :)

Regarding Mama Smoak and 3x18... Did MG said if her scenes are taking place in present time or during flashbacks?

I don't think he said anything apart from them being in a hospital and with Felicity only.