Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

I have no idea what promise he could mean.

Oliver and Diggle are both suited up but there's an FBI guy in the background. Does that mean that Oliver gets out for the big fight and doesn't end up in jail over the hiatus?

2 hours ago, statsgirl said:

I have no idea what promise he could mean.

Oliver and Diggle are both suited up but there's an FBI guy in the background. Does that mean that Oliver gets out for the big fight and doesn't end up in jail over the hiatus?

About the promise.  He said at one point that if Arrow made it to season 6 he'd show up at the start wearing the classic facial hair of the comics.  So just more confirmation about the  Van Dyke next season.  I'm clinging to the part of the promise where he just said he'd start the season with it, not that he'd keep it. 

I think we should be able to count on SA's desire not to look awful to make it's visit to our life as short as possible.  But I can't imagine them not keeping it long enough to see him suited up in the GA's suit so I'm now wondering if Oliver doesn't end up in jail if Oliver takes his solo mission around the country to take down the Quadrant.  

• Love 2
37 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

I think we should be able to count on SA's desire not to look awful to make it's visit to our life as short as possible.  But I can't imagine them not keeping it long enough to see him suited up in the GA's suit so I'm now wondering if Oliver doesn't end up in jail if Oliver takes his solo mission around the country to take down the Quadrant. 

That and the unnecessary added work of maintaining it would hopefully mean that he has a good argument for having it. Him deciding to go on a solo mission could make sense too if not for that "we can't go back on it" descriptor wasn't a thing. Plus, it's only their own consistency on the Oliver (and Felicity) as parent(s) plot that I actually take that descriptor semi-seriously.

• Love 1

Technically it's not a goatee though, it's a Van Dyke. (wonders how many viewers know who Van Dyke was)

I like the idea of Oliver taking down the Quadrant.  They would make a better Big Bad next season than 3-D. Especially that lady in the maroon dress, she was Moira-scary.

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, Chaser said:

I feel like once they actually see SA with the Van Dyke they will whip out that razor so fast. 

I think it looks fine in comics and I guess I understand fans wanting to see it, but I've never seen a person actually pull it off without looking like an awful douchebag. 

Which...I guess is the point LOL but no thank you.

• Love 1

I was googling images and even when they don’t look like a complete douchebag they look cartoon-like. 

I don’t understand how that’s appealing in real life. 

• Love 1

I'm just trying to figure out how the Van Dyke would come into play - if he goes to jail, it would make more sense for him to have just a general beard or a goatee instead of impeccably groomed facial hair. If he goes on the run, there's no point in drawing that kind of attention to your face. Maybe they're just talking about a goatee - which I guess would make marginally more sense IDK.

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

I'm just trying to figure out how the Van Dyke would come into play - if he goes to jail, it would make more sense for him to have just a general beard or a goatee instead of impeccably groomed facial hair. If he goes on the run, there's no point in drawing that kind of attention to your face. Maybe they're just talking about a goatee - which I guess would make marginally more sense IDK.

I don't think SA makes a distinction between van dyke, goatee, or beard. Heck, even the comic fans that beg him to sport the "GA look" always call it a goatee. I'm guessing Oliver will have fuller facial hair than usual in 7.01 because he'll spend the summer in jail (or on the run) and SA will consider that fulfilling his "promise".

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

I don't think SA makes a distinction between van dyke, goatee, or beard. Heck, even the comic fans that beg him to sport the "GA look" always call it a goatee. I'm guessing Oliver will have fuller facial hair than usual in 7.01 because he'll spend the summer in jail (or on the run) and SA will consider that fulfilling his "promise".

It could work if he still has his beard and it's just fuller at the bottom. If he shows up looking like this, though, I will never stop laughing. No, SA, just no. 

80e09aab67d05e4cbe91aebde740a469.jpg

• Love 10
1 minute ago, calliope1975 said:

It could work if he still has his beard and it's just fuller at the bottom. If he shows up looking like this, though, I will never stop laughing. No, SA, just no. 

80e09aab67d05e4cbe91aebde740a469.jpg

This is so awful I almost want him to be forced to wear it like this lol. But I think SA is way too vain to allow that monstrosity on his face, I do think he's thinking beard as well.

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

The only reason I thought he might be talking about the Van Dyke is because he posted a pic of comic Green Arrow along with his promise. I don't know if he knows the actual name, but he does seem to realize that it's a specific style (otherwise I don't think he would've been so adamant against it). But I'm hoping he just means a goatee - that will be much better. 

16 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

Just make him look like Charlie Hunnam and fans will be fine. 

SA is good looking but nothing will make him look like Hunnam. lol

• Love 2
51 minutes ago, Trisha said:

A clue that Watson will be in the finale, maybe?

Not to mention that in the picture DR posted of he and Oliver you see in the background someone wearing a vest that says FBI on it so if the FBI is back it makes sense for her to be as well.  

• Love 1
On ‎22‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 2:05 AM, way2interested said:

If a villain "feared" Oliver though, it kind of decreases the intimidation factor a lot. And literally all of the villains in the past have treated Oliver as an important factor in their plans (heck, even Darhk focused more of his plan against Oliver the possible mayor rather than the Green Arrow, while Slade, Chase, and Cayden were directly trying to get revenge on him, and then Ra's was borderline obsessed with him). I kind of get what they were going for here, trying to move on from the "all villains are connected to Oliver's past/Oliver in some way," but then, kind of like what you're saying, it just makes Diaz seem so disconnected from everything. That and the lack of buildup for him just makes both Diaz and Oliver look lesser. Yeah, I'm still interested in this apparently intense finale battle sequence, but it is just a case of too little too late.

I just hope next season the villain ends up being someone who could be kind of a mix of Diaz and Cayden, like someone who wanted revenge on ARGUS and not Oliver, but then takes Team Arrow into account.  

It's one thing not fearing Oliver/GA and it's another thing when u act like he's not even there.

Last episode DIAZ told the Quadrant Star city was open for business. It's all ready for them

NONE of them asked so what about the GA there? Like... Nobody seems to care about GA... It's kinda ridiculous. He needs more respect.

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, DeadZeus said:

It's one thing not fearing Oliver/GA and it's another thing when u act like he's not even there.

I get that, that's one of the reasons why I think Diaz is a bad villain. I was mostly arguing against the need to "fear" Oliver plus when you were saying that "literally all of villains except Malcolm treat him as a non-issue"

Edited by way2interested
  • Love 1

Just what this season needed, more Dinah! ?

The writers are so tone deaf so it's probably a scene where Oliver apologizes or something that makes Dinah look in the right somehow. Sucks for them because she's the worst.

This finale is shaping up to be one I have no interest in watching. 

Remind me, is 620 the episode where the newbies filmed a ton? I know there's some Oliver/Diaz scenes but I don't think SA filmed much again, IIRC.

55 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

Remind me, is 620 the episode where the newbies filmed a ton? I know there's some Oliver/Diaz scenes but I don't think SA filmed much again, IIRC.

I think so.

6x20 is Newbie heavy. 

6x21 is the trial 

6x22 is Felicity and Diaz

1 hour ago, Angel12d said:

Yes. You can read a summary of 620 spoilers in the Season 6 Spoiler Archive thread here.

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, tv echo said:

Yes. You can read a summary of 620 spoilers in the Season 6 Spoiler Archive thread here.

You are wonderful!!!!! Do you know how wonderful you are!!!!!???? I was going to summon you like an oracle to ask a repetitive question about how much EBR filmed and you have it ALL categorised!!!!!!!!!! You really are wonderful!!!! May you never abandon us!!!!!!!! 

• Love 7
5 hours ago, KenyaJ said:

I suspect it's going to be a long summer hiatus filled with constant praise of the NTA cast members from the OTA and the show runners.  They have their work cut out for them even if the show redeems the NTA to some degree.  

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

I suspect it's going to be a long summer hiatus filled with constant praise of the NTA cast members from the OTA and the show runners.

Idk, if there was a time to praise them it was last year, and they barely spoke about them except for Dinah's new costume. I think it would be more about trying to praise the plot (rather than the characters) they just did and the consequences of however the plot and the season ends. Heck, for s5 summer hiatus they basically pretended s4 didn't exist except to the questions about Olicity before just talking about s5 stuff with back to basics and the new team, so this might be the same kind of thing (not the talking about the new team, rather the clickbait Olicity stuff and whatever they are doing next without looking back). SA's given random shout outs before, so idk if it's anything to look hard at.

6 hours ago, Mellowyellow said:

Has Emily been filming? Why does it seem like EBR sees SA more in real life to hang out than to actually film scenes together?????

Lolz. I know this isn't the social media thread, but a few minutes after I saw your post, Stephen and Emily both posted this picture.

I think I'd rather watch video of them working out together than this week's episode.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, tv echo said:

According to the IMDb page for Arrow 621, the trial judge is Judge McGarvey (played by Gaalen Engen)...
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6493698/?ref_=tt_ep_nx

Judge McGarvey previously appeared in 607 (Thanksgiving) and 615 (Doppelganger)...
https://www.imdb.com/name/nm3642858/

Gaalen Engen's social media links:
https://twitter.com/gaalenengen
https://www.instagram.com/gaalenengen/

I don’t recall that guy at all. Which is not good news about the impression this storyline is making.