Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

Another interview with David Ramsey on the fight:

https://www.tvinsider.com/681127/arrow-season-6-digg-oliver-david-ramsey/

"You know, we're in Season 6 now, so things need to happen, there really needs to be things that really are at risk. Relationships that are torn down and not repaired in four episodes."

. . . 

"These guys will come back around. They always do," Ramsey reminds us. "Everything will be fine in the morning. It's just the morning's going to take a long time to get to, that's all."

IDGI. Is he hallucinating wearing that original suit or did he actually put it back on to fight because he's alone now? ?

Holy crap.. This might sound a bit too much but.. I got legit CHILLS watching that scene.

Like... That was freaking BADASS!

I love how he doesn't have ask Felicity "Where is Diaz's heat signature" or something and instead gets the info straight out of the corrupt cops themselves.

And it works! Like... These ppl are bad and there shouldn't be some moral crap about not hurting them to get intel. Imo Oliver should give brutal poundings like this more often to get info.. IT WORKS!

Bad ppl in Star City should rly start fearing the GA and i hope this is a start!

Legit chills!

Edited by DeadZeus
9 hours ago, bijoux said:

tumblr_p717l8fKey1upkpglo1_r1_500.gif

tumblr_p717l8fKey1upkpglo4_r1_500.gif

Source

I have either never seen or noticed that they're surrounded by those god awful walls on all sides. It's a wonder Oliver even needs Vertigo to go a little nuts, I marvel that that apartment hasn't already done him in. I refuse to believe Felicity had any hand in finding this place. It's God awful. Can't the props department at least cover that up somehow?

Part of my headcanon is that the cement walls and windowless bedrooms make him/them feel more secure and that both of them are so accustomed to being underground in the bunker they don't see what a soul-crushing space they are living in, lol.  

• Love 5
44 minutes ago, DeadZeus said:

I love how he doesn't have ask Felicity "Where is Diaz's heat signature" or something and instead gets the info straight out of the corrupt cops themselves.

Given he is in a building with a hundred heat signatures asking Felicity would have been pretty pointless.  Access to the cameras, now that would have meant he could not have announced he was coming ages before he got to Diaz.  That probably would have been helpful and a tad more effective.  

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 1
54 minutes ago, DeadZeus said:

Yeah, why ask for tactical information easily provided by a trusted teammate when he can give up the element of surprise and spend precious time torturing corrupt cops that were likely to lie to him or not know anything because they’re low level stooges? 

• Love 6

Aargh!...

Why Team Arrow's Latest Breakup Is The Most Serious One Yet
BY MICK JOEST  April 12, 2018
https://www.cinemablend.com/television/2401801/why-team-arrows-latest-breakup-is-the-most-serious-one-yet

Team Arrow has gone through the wringer in Season 6, and last week's episode saw the unit lose another member when John Diggle dropped out after a seriously explosive fight with Oliver. Arrow fans have heard this song before, but David Ramsey assured CinemaBlend's own Laura Hurley this latest breakup is the worst one yet and the bad blood between Oliver and Diggle won't be fixed so easily. While Oliver and Felicity will still collaborate with Diggle over at A.R.G.U.S., it'll be a while before Team Arrow proper is back together. In the actor's words:

"By the way, the Oliver-Diggle-Felicity thing will happen again, but they're gonna take their time. This is not going to be an easy fix. These guys have fought and broken up before and some place between four to six episodes, they're back together. That's not this time. They both have some learning to do and they will, and the show in the seventh season will take their time bringing this relationship back around. As well they should in a Season 7 that shoots 23 episodes. We really should shake the boat a little bit. So I'm glad the writers did."

Arrow fans will likely appreciate the writers' decision just as much as David Ramsey did, since keeping the show's central cast on their separate paths will possibly mean great things for the Arrow-verse. Ramsey has already confirmed his new gig with A.R.G.U.S. will lead to him appearing on The Flash, and allow for Diggle to grow as a character outside of Team Arrow. The length of the breakup will also force the writers to create new team dynamics for Oliver, as Star City's troubles have gotten far too massive for him to try and protect it all by himself.

Fans have seemingly seen the results of Team Arrow's breakup elsewhere, too, as Arrow announced Colton Haynes will return as a series regular to play Roy Harper in Season 7. Roy's return as Arsenal almost has to be tied to Oliver needing to dig deep to find allies willing to work with him in the way he wants to operate, which is somewhat unsurprising, given his attitude in Season 6. That said, everyone will eventually grow up enough to put the past behind them, as Ramsey also confirmed the classic Team Arrow will once again reunite down the stretch:

"It's not the end. These guys are pretty much destined to be together. We were talking at the beginning of the season, I've said this to other folks, about how do we break a character like Diggle. What do you do to him? He just seems to, when things happen to our particular hero, he kind of wears it. You see these things come back in Oliver's life, whether he's learned a lesson of losing the Black Canary or losing his mother or losing Tommy. These things keep hitting him over and over again. You see him relearning these lessons. But Diggle, you get the sense that he learns it pretty quickly, he's more evolved, he's more centered. So we just kinda wanted to break that a bit. He has some stuff to learn as well, and we'll see that evolve through his experience with ARGUS and his separation from Oliver through Season 7."

Edited by tv echo
Just now, tv echo said:

Arrow fans will likely appreciate the writers' decision just as much as David Ramsey did, since keeping the show's central cast on their separate paths will possibly mean great things for the Arrow-verse.

Hahahahahahahahaha, so much going on in this one sentence.

Edited by way2interested
  • Love 6
3 minutes ago, tv echo said:

They both have some learning to do and they will, and the show in the seventh season will take their time bringing this relationship back around. As well they should in a Season 7 that shoots 23 episodes.

Nah 

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, tv echo said:

But Diggle, you get the sense that he learns it pretty quickly, he's more evolved, he's more centered. So we just kinda wanted to break that a bit. He has some stuff to learn as well, and we'll see that evolve through his experience with ARGUS and his separation from Oliver through Season 7."

At least DR is saying Diggle is in need of learning his lesson aka HE IS WRONG.  Grr.  At this rate, he won't be back on the team until far into the back half of season seven.  

I guess I can take some comfort in that since previously I wasn't sure they'd EVER let him come back fully.  

Edited by BkWurm1
4 minutes ago, tv echo said:

Arrow fans will likely appreciate the writers' decision just as much as David Ramsey did, since keeping the show's central cast on their separate paths will possibly mean great things for the Arrow-verse.

That’s literally the opposite of what a lot of fans want. Plus, every time a character has had their own separate path with no connection to each other or Oliver, they end up on a plot-island. 

• Love 14

I hate this whole OTA breakup and that clip makes me hate it more. Even when they're at odd the three of them have the most natural chemistry, why must we go through this shit again?

• Love 13
Just now, BkWurm1 said:

At this rate he won't be back on the team until far into the back half of season seven.  

After the reaction from fans and the cast and some critics, I'm actually thinking otherwise.

Edited by way2interested
  • Love 2

As well they should in a Season 7 that shoots 23 episodes. We really should shake the boat a little bit. So I'm glad the writers did."

No thanks. I'd only accept a shake up if we'd actually had a ton of OTA scenes but we haven't. Every single year the writers get distracted by their shiny shitty new toy and we get the bare minimum. 

And if Oliver's back working with the newbies before Diggle? I call bullshit.

Edited by Guest
14 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

Yeah, why ask for tactical information easily provided by a trusted teammate when he can give up the element of surprise and spend precious time torturing corrupt cops that were likely to lie to him or not know anything because they’re low level stooges? 

I'm fully aware, i was just saying that for the past seasons Oliver doesn't interrogate anyone and only waits to suit up or move out when he gets a call from Felicity cuz "facial recognition caught something" I'm just happy we get to see him go at it without any of that for once.

1 minute ago, insomniadreams88 said:

Arrow, what are you doing to Diggle? Ugh, that new clip just frustrates me. 

My first thought is: go work for a shady organization you’ve expressed many ethical issues with if it’ll get you away from that terrible Oliver you sad, sad baby. 

I don’t like thinking about Diggle this way. Thanks, show!

• Love 12

Exclusive 'Arrow' Clip: Felicity Scrambles to Save OTA and Take Down Diaz
By RUSS BURLINGAME - April 12, 2018
http://comicbook.com/dc/2018/04/12/exclusive-arrow-clip-felicity-scrambles-to-save-ota/

In the clip, Felicity gets Oliver and Diggle together in the hopes of reuniting the team to take down Diaz. Diggle, meanwhile, has his own plans: rather than saddling up to ride into action alongside Oliver, he has thrown in his lot with his wife at ARGUS.

"We want to make some logical use of ARGUS and the dynamic that his wife is the director of ARGUS," series star David Ramsey told ComicBook.com. "What does that mean? What does that mean to the Team Arrow? How can we utilize her resources? What does that mean to the relationship? So there's a lot that has to kind of play out in season seven in terms of ARGUS and Diggle's involvement. It was planned from the very beginning."
"We're still after the same bad guy," Ramsey added. "It's just these teams, New Team Arrow, Oliver Queen, John Diggle with ARGUS, they feel as if there's more than one way to get them. But they come back together and work together as a unit to take down Diaz. So this isn't a situation where you have these three entities existing in the same city kind of working their own angles."

Edited by tv echo
10 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

My first thought is: go work for a shady organization you’ve expressed many ethical issues with if it’ll get you away from that terrible Oliver you sad, sad baby. 

It is fascinating what they managed to do to him in under 3 episodes. And having this seemingly last until S7 makes me so irritated. Why can't he go his own way without the show having to throw him completely under the bus. I'd get it if DR were annoyed by this storyline as well. Maybe Diggle is still high on the drugs that he was buying at the beginning of S6. 

4 minutes ago, tv echo said:

New Team Arrow, Oliver Queen, John Diggle with ARGUS

So after all this time, the message Oliver truly learns is that you can only count on yourself. He is once again his own team (with tech support but still) They once again make the man the island.  Maybe he should just let them all do it on their own and see how soon they manage to give up. As far as NTA is concerned: How did they prove themselves as an effective team in the field that you consider naming them in the same sentence as Oliver. 

Edited by Belinea
  • Love 7

I always wanted to see Diggle deal with the ARGUS of it all, since he's always had issues with them... but this isn't how I wanted it to happen. They could have had Digg feel burnt out and needing a change, while remaining on good terms with Oliver. I love Digg and I'm not gonna give up on him because of this shitty writing, which imo they're only doing to make the noobs look less like assholes. Still hate the noobs and hope they all die, still love Digg but hate this arc. However, I can see how this is gonna open up that spot for Roy next season. I am 100% good with NTA remaining separate if they're not gonna die, but they need 99% less screen time and focus than what they've gotten this season.

• Love 8
1 minute ago, JJ928 said:

they're not gonna die, but they need 99% less screen time

Rumor has it they will get even more in the episodes to come. At least in 6x20. And even though your wish is my wish as well, I doubt they will grant us this wish.

That first clip in the police station looks like a hallucination to me. Unless Diaz really has moved his HQ there in a week. I wish I could say I believe the OTA scene is one as well, but that looks sadly real. And Dig does not come off well.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, tv echo said:

They both have some learning to do and they will, and the show in the seventh season will take their time bringing this relationship back around. As well they should in a Season 7 that shoots 23 episodes. We really should shake the boat a little bit. So I'm glad the writers did."

Seriously?  This idiotic storyline is going to continue into season 7???  What did I do to deserve this?  What did DR do?

When you have to destroy your core characters to prop the loser new ones, that's a massive fail.

Re the first clip -- I've heard that there are really good stunts on this show.  i just wish they would turn on the lights enough that I could see them.

10 hours ago, JamieLynn832002 said:

I hate that apartment so much, I call it cinder block hell. I never liked the loft because I didn't understand it's layout (plus wall-less bedrooms) but I desperately wish Oliver and William had moved in with Felicity. Shouldn't Oliver have found something a little more homey (or at least less prisony) to move a traumatized William into? 

Well that helps explain why William was so mad at Oliver at the start of the season.

2 hours ago, insomniadreams88 said:

About that sneak peek:

1) Those cops are all idiots.

2) Again, why are all these people scared of/working for Diaz? Still seeing nothing that makes him Big Bad material. 

They're scared of him because they're idiots?  Honestly, it can't be that every. single. remaining. cop. in Star City is willing to join the bad guy. He can't have blackmail of threat info on all of them.

• Love 2

Can't they tip off the FBI? I mean, they used to be interested in the mayor. Maybe they can also take an interest in the police? This seasons is really badly written. 

Also what is ARGUS doing? Aren't they interested in guys like Diaz?

Edited by Belinea
  • Love 4

Based on that DR interview, is it wrong to hope it's just Oliver, Felicity and Roy in the bunker in the first part of S7? When RealDiggle returns, he can rejoin the team, but PodDiggle and the newbies can stay gone.

Edited by KenyaJ
  • Love 12

So PB is apparently in the UK at the moment, per his IG. Could this mean Quentin really is dead or nah? ?

I get that the show needs drama but this Oliver/Diggle rift happened at the end of S1. Then it was a better storyline. It happened at the end of S3 and went on in S4, which was still ok from a narrative standpoint and at the end of S4 Diggle left the team to rejoin the military. How often can he leave the team before it is one time too many?

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

So PB is apparently in the UK at the moment, per his IG. Could this mean Quentin really is dead or nah? ?

While it's weird he is missing 6x22 (though I think it just started shooting yesterday right?) I'd be more worried if he missed 6x23. 

6 minutes ago, Belinea said:

How often can he leave the team before it is one time too many?

It's already too many, especially given how ridiculous the reasoning behind this argument is. It would make more sense if Diggle went off to find his own purpose in life. But then Oliver wouldn't be doubting himself for the eleventy billionth time, which I guess is to point of this.

Only glimmer of light is that if Diggle is gone from Oliver over the summer, at least Felicity won't be the one separated from him as @BkWurm1 is always threatening.  ;-)

• Love 3
45 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

While it's weird he is missing 6x22 (though I think it just started shooting yesterday right?) I'd be more worried if he missed 6x23. 

Yeah. For all we know he's back in VC in a few days. It just struck me as odd to go back to the UK when filming of the season is so close to finishing. We'll see soon enough, I guess.

30 minutes ago, leopardprint said:

They believe in the “Moonlighting” myth so much that they apply it to every possible storyline on this show. Oliver is soon going to have relationship problems with his bow and arrows. 

If Oliver’s shirts feel that they can’t be their best selves with Oliver, then I really think that they should get some distance, take some time, and just figure out where they are in life. Maybe one day they can come back and be part of the team again, and maybe Oliver will just have to adjust to not having his shirts there when he needs them anymore. 

• Love 12
14 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

Okay, so anything with Diaz, the newbies and probably Diggle, based on that clip, in the episode may annoy me, but I don't remember the last time SA live-tweeted an episode, so I'm cautiously optimistic that the good will outweigh the bad:

Nine times out of ten I hate the episodes he hypes up. Please be that rare one tonight. Pls 

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 3
9 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

Nine times out of ten I hate the episodes he hypes up. Please be that rare one tonight. Pls 

Same, ugh. I hope this one is different. PLEASE. ?