Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

Maybe he is part of team villain and kills Curtis while he is least expecting it. Ok, that does sound kind of morbid but the last thing I need right now is Curtis and his boyfriend.

Edited by Belinea
  • Love 1

I'd be tempted to skip watching 619, but they got me with the second sentence of the episode synopsis...

DIAZ SETS HIS SIGHTS ON THE QUADRANT — Looking to expand his empire, Diaz (guest star Kirk Acevedo) and Laurel (Katie Cassidy) meet with The Quadrant, a coalition of mafia families who run national organized crime. Meanwhile, after Oliver’s (Stephen Amell) recent decision, Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards) and Curtis (Echo Kellum) double their efforts on building Helix Dynamics. Gordon Verheul directed the episode written by Spiro Skentzos & Elizabeth Kim (#619).  Original airdate 4/19/2018.

Is it possible that Oliver's decision at the end of 618 is just not being the GA anymore?  So with the "team" on hiatus (because I can't buy that Felicity would believe it's going to last) she has free time so works on Helix?  Either that or Oliver loses his bail?  Or more like he was risking losing his bail but ends up turning himself in to make sure Felicity doesn't lose the half a mil she borrowed from the Helix seed money?  Thus putting Oliver in jail for the episode. 

Edited by BkWurm1
Just now, lemotomato said:

lol... of course Suzanne posts 619 stills on time. So predictable.

The thing is I'm semi-willing to give her a pass on the 618 stuff for spoilers (the length of waiting to approve them is what has me side-eyeing), but it's stuff like this just makes her look bad.

Edited by way2interested
  • Love 4

Here we go...

Arrow's David Ramsey talks Diggle's exit from Team Arrow
NATALIE ABRAMS April 11, 2018 AT 03:31 PM EDT
http://ew.com/tv/2018/04/11/arrow-david-ramsey-diggle-exit/

After Oliver (Stephen Amell) finally confided to Diggle (David Ramsey) that he would not be relinquishing the Green Arrow title, the duo got into a knock-down, drag-out fight that ultimately resulted in Diggle leaving the team and taking a job with A.R.G.U.S. during last week’s episode of Arrow. But the fight was less about the hood and more about Diggle losing trust in Oliver’s word, and therefore questioning Ollie’s ability to do what it takes to save the city.

“We saw just two different ideologies,” Ramsey tells EW. “And it came out bad, really in terms of they argue and they fought, and brothers do that. But at the core of it, it really is that there’s more than one way to save the city. They’ve had a lot of personal losses over the years, and it’s affected both of them deeply. John — even though it comes out unfortunately in a pretty rough way — in his heart, he obviously loves Oliver, but he sees that there’s more than one way to save the city. He’s still committed to Oliver, to a certain degree, but even more so than Oliver, to the people of the city.”

Still, Ramsey believes Oliver and Diggle’s relationship will endure. “I think it absolutely will be repaired someday,” Ramsey says. “But unlike other fights, where they’ve come back in a few episodes, they’re gonna take their time doing this. I really think we’re going to explore how A.R.G.U.S plays into what Team Arrow wants to do. We’ve already shot some things where Diggle’s already come back a few times, but he’s still committed to doing it his way. And his way doesn’t necessarily mean all the time not doing it Oliver’s way. He just sees that there’s more than one way.”

“Oliver’s kind of our Bruce Wayne character, so to speak, and he has a way of doing things,” Ramsey continues. “And it works, and sometimes it doesn’t work. And that’s all fine, but I think Diggle thinks, perhaps, there’s another way. Right now, the way he sees it, where they can work together for the common good of the city, then do it, because they both really want the same thing.”

Though Diggle will be working for his wife, he will still be lending a helping hand to both OTA and NTA. “You’ll see him working with both,” Ramsey says. “A.R.G.U.S. obviously has an interest, right? I think Diggle’s position is, if there’s intelligence that original team Arrow has, if there’s intelligence that new team Arrow has, he’s willing to work with whoever he can work with to save the city. Both teams will trust him.”

Edited by tv echo
5 minutes ago, Chaser said:

Chico's obsession with KC.

I mean, there is nothing wrong with being a fan of KC but for a professional it seems quite odd to me. Are they personal friends? 

2 minutes ago, tv echo said:

Diggle will be working for his wife, he will still be lending a helping hand to both OTA and NTA. “You’ll see him working with both,

Way to ruin Diggle too. Why is he working with NTA? They did him dirty. He can forgive them but not Oliver for wanting the hood back? I really want this season to end actually. I am going to get whiplash if I have to shake my head much longer. 

Edited by Belinea
5 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

Is it possible that Oliver's decision at the end of 618 is just not being the GA anymore?  So with the "team" on hiatus (because I can't buy that Felicity would believe it's going to last) she has free time so works on Helix?  Either that or Oliver loses his bail?  Or more like he was risking losing his bail but ends up turning himself in to make sure Felicity doesn't lose the half a mil she borrowed from the Helix seed money?  Thus putting Oliver in jail for the episode. 

I thought Oliver would step down as mayor given the obstruction issue and Felicity speeds up on the chip because they need some income. 

• Love 4

I don't get it. In past seasons, it was Oliver who was more ruthless and who was willing to torture and kill, and it was Diggle who was urging restraint. Now last episode, it was Diggle who was going off on that guy, and now Diggle who's going to be working for ARGUS - an organization who's even more ruthless than S1 Oliver in a lot of ways.

• Love 9
9 minutes ago, Belinea said:

I mean, there is nothing wrong with being a fan of KC but for a professional it seems quite odd to me. Are they personal friends? 

Way to ruin Diggle too. Why is he working with NTA? They did him dirty. He can forgive them but not Oliver for wanting the hood back? I really want this season to end actually. I am going to get whiplash if I have to shake my head much longer. 

I have no idea if they are friends but her preferential treatment of KC/LL is so unprofessional and weird.

• Love 9

I don't understand how Diggle can work with NTA. I'm not surprised, but I don't get it. Did he forget what they did to his arm? How much they didn't care?

You know, if not for the episode description telling me we're going to get Felicity and Helix Dynamics, those 619 photos would have me really not minding that it's not airing in NY until Sunday 4/22 due to a baseball game. 

• Love 1

So not only does Diggle work for ARGUS, which he's claimed to hate, but now he's still gonna work with the team who hacked his chip. This is trash. Throw it away.

Though Diggle will be working for his wife, he will still be lending a helping hand to both OTA and NTA.

I know it's sensible to work with the NTA when it's for the greater good like Oliver was willing to do but damn if I wouldn't be so much happier if he just pretended they didn't exist at all.  Couldn't he just train up a new team?  I'm not going to buy with all of ARGUS's resources that the best he could do is Rene, Curtis, and Dinah.  

• Love 1

Nice move, Dig, going from maybe second in command, or in co-command of a team, to a cog of a huge wheel you’ve had years of problems with. Makes sense! But hey, follow your bliss.

• Love 8
40 minutes ago, tv echo said:

But the fight was less about the hood and more about Diggle losing trust in Oliver’s word, and therefore questioning Ollie’s ability to do what it takes to save the city.

I appreciate DR not trying to sell exactly what was in the script cause the script was crap.

• Love 3

But if Oliver has demonstrated anything over the previous five seasons, it's that he will do whatever it takes to save the city (including sacrificing himself).

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, tv echo said:

But if Oliver has demonstrated anything over the previous five seasons, it's that he will do whatever it takes to save the city.

Apparently not since he’s not into being a sad loner who’s basically counting the days until his mission kills him.

• Love 4

Honestly, I feel bad for some of the actors. Some of the writing is just awful this season. I even feel bad for KC who has to wear another horrible wig and has to stand in the background looking evil while the villain that nobody cares about gets to be villainous. 

• Love 1

I feel bad for them too. I feel like David and SA were very clear this weekend on not being happy with the writing. I feel like it's obvious they're gonna do to Digg what they did to Felicity, have him walk in his shoes in a way. I'm sure he'll be working at ARGUS and he decides to do something his (Oliver's) way, instead of following ARGUS orders, and will come to realize he was wrong. I mean, I can't see any other outcome with how these writers love to repeat storylines. 

I really hope those BTS changes DR teased (if true, I always take these convos w/a grain of salt) are one of the show-runners (MG is my pick) being replaced. Beth has been doing those videos, and she's on her way to Van so maybe she got a promotion. Or they need to steal/borrow a couple of the Black Lightning writers, since they balance action, character development, character relationships, family scenes, and day jobs well. 

• Love 1

Are they shooting in the loft or using it as a staging area? Isn't the loft like literally right next door to the Diggles' apartment? (BTW, why are the Diggles living in an apartment? Isn't Lyla pulling a big enough salary to get a house in the 'burbs?)

This feels like a bit of a stretch, TV Guide:

Arrow: Where the Hell Has Slade Been?
The description for the April 26 episode, "Shifting Allegiances," mentions that Oliver "turns to an old friend to battle Diaz (Kirk Acevedo)," the drug kingpin set on taking over Star City. Now, Oliver has dozens of old friends and most of them have the particular skill set necessary to take on bad guys, but when you start running down the roster of the likely candidates, Slade seems like Oliver's best option. He's already in Oliver's debt for helping him find Kane, so he'd likely be willing. Plus, his son is a mercenary with several connections to crime syndicates and the black market, which could come in handy in taking on the crime lord.

Also, remember last year when Diggle was so upset with Argus about how they operate? How is he suddenly cool with it now? Let's hope his new job doesn't include kidnapping people and sticking them in shipping containers...

• Love 5
2 hours ago, lemotomato said:

lol... of course Suzanne posts stills of a KC heavy episode on time. So predictable.

Has she gone this entire season not posting episode stills on time?

Other then that, I was ready to get my dance on for so much Black Siren

tenor.gif?itemid=4892341

But I hate stills that are of just 1 scene and each picture is like 1 step forward or leaning of the person. So boring.

• Love 1

So in this weeks episode Oliver will doubt himself and his crusade again.. Can they really not think of anything else? This happens literally every season.

In the Flash there is Always someone faster than Barry but atleast this season they thought of something different while Arrow keeps recycling the same stuff :S

• Love 1

If anyone cares, the other guy in the 619 promo pics is a character named Eric Cartier, played by guest star Ashton Holmes, a 40-year-old American actor (previous CW show credits include Supernatural and Nikita)...
http://www.greenarrowtv.com/arrow-the-dragon-official-preview-images/

ARR619A_0049b.jpg

ETA: I've been checking Manu Bennett's twitter account occasionally and, as far as I can tell, he's been traveling all over the world attending comic cons and visiting friends. So I don't think he's shot anything more for Arrow.

Edited by tv echo
43 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

Are they shooting in the loft or using it as a staging area? Isn't the loft like literally right next door to the Diggles' apartment? (BTW, why are the Diggles living in an apartment? Isn't Lyla pulling a big enough salary to get a house in the 'burbs?)

I don't know. Btw, instead of grousing about Oliver splitting his focus between being mayor and the GA, maybe Diggle should be more concerned about the fact that he's been sponging off his wife for at least the past year or so - and he's not even babysitting their daughter son.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 3

I literally laughed out loud when I read this...

The CW has released ten new promotional stills from next week's episode of Arrow, offering up a look at an extremely menacing team-up between Black Siren and RIcardo Diaz. Come check it out!

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/tv/dc/arrow/arrow-ricardo-diaz-black-siren-strike-in-new-photos-from-season-6-episode-19-the-dragon-a159535

Because, honestly, I thought of this...
boris-natasha.jpg

(source)

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 12

John Diggle Is Getting An Arrow-verse Crossover Soon, Here's What David Ramsey Told Us
BY LAURA HURLEY  April 11, 2018
https://www.cinemablend.com/television/2401641/john-diggle-is-getting-an-arrow-verse-crossover-soon-heres-what-david-ramsey-told-us

... David Ramsey, who has played Diggle for the past six seasons, spoke with CinemaBlend about his upcoming crossover as well as just how rare and remarkable the Arrow-verse phenomenon has become:

"I'm doing a cameo on a bit of a small crossover. John Diggle will be on Flash in the next few weeks. When I was over there, one of the A.D.s said, 'How you doing?' And I said, 'Well, I'm doing great. I'm on a hit TV show crossing over on another hit TV show, and I'm just enjoying [the Arrow-verse] because it will never ever happen again.'"

Arrow-verse fans can look forward to seeing David Ramsey as John Diggle on The Flash in the not-too-distant future. Ramsey also revealed that he'll drop by Arrow's sister show in his new capacity as an A.R.G.U.S. agent. Digg turned to A.R.G.U.S. after leaving Team Arrow, and he'll work with wife Lyla at the government agency for at least the foreseeable future. This won't be the first time Diggle travels to The Flash on A.R.G.U.S. business, as he joined Lyla for a trip to Central City back in Season 2 of The Flash to help Barry Allen and Co. deal with King Shark.
Now, Arrow fans who are concerned about David Ramsey's comment that something like a cameo crossover "will never happen again" don't need to worry that something bad will happen to Diggle sooner rather than later. Rather, he was reflecting on how truly remarkable the Arrow-verse has become over the years. Who could have guessed when Arrow debuted back in 2012 that it would ultimately spawn a small empire of superhero series for The CW? Without Arrow, The Flash and Legends of Tomorrow never would have happened, and The CW may not have seemed like a perfect fit for Supergirl if the other superhero shows weren't already airing successfully. Even Black Lightning may have Arrow's superhero success to thank for making it onto the airwaves, although Black Lightning isn't currently in the Arrow-verse. Arrow was proof that a new kind of superhero show could work on primetime.

When I asked David Ramsey if he enjoyed being a major part of the show that started it all, he said this:

"I kind of hold that in some esteem when I go to the other shows. 'Look at you youngsters thinking you know what you're doing.' It's fun, and again, you just enjoy it while it's here because this is rare, rare territory that we're in. And I can't imagine it ever happening again. I'm just enjoying it."
We can't say at this point when exactly David Ramsey will cross over to The Flash for his cameo, but you can find him in new episodes of Arrow on Thursdays at 9 p.m. ET on The CW....

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

Do I have the strength to sit through a whole episode of that boring mumbling idiot and BS wearing that cheap ass ugly wig just for like 2 scenes of Felicity? DO I?! IDK guys. IDK. ??

6 hours ago, Soulfire said:

If Oliver's dealing with fear that everyone leaves I'm tending to be swayed that the vertigo will cause him to think he's lost Felicity and William but they prove to be the people that stay at the end of the day. 

6 hours ago, KenyaJ said:

Yeah, I think the writers fail to flesh out how Diggle and Oliver's disagreements affect Felicity. It didn't really bother me in S4, because that was a very Oliver/Diggle-centric conflict, but in this case, I really wish they'd explore the impact of 617 on Diggle and Felicity's relationship. What Diggle said to Oliver was awful but as I was watching it, I almost felt worse for Felicity. I kept thinking how painful it must have been for her to listen to one of her best friends say such hurtful things to her husband, especially since most of what Diggle said was bullshit.

I know Diggle and Felicity's relationship can overcome this, and I don't need a long drawn-out resolution, but IMO she has a legitimate reason to feel hurt by Diggle and be upset with him. I'd love it if there was some acknowledgement of that, though I doubt there will be.

Felicity waited a long time for Oliver to get to the place they are in their romantic relationship and went through a lot of hurt to get to that place and Diggle is basically putting thoughts in Oliver's head that his marriage is one of the reasons he's no longer a good Green Arrow.  She definitely has legitimate reasons to feel hurt by Diggle. 

• Love 13
10 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

Do I have the strength to sit through a whole episode of that boring mumbling idiot and BS wearing that cheap ass ugly wig just for like 2 scenes of Felicity? DO I?! IDK guys. IDK. ??

Hey, the Dinah intro episode only had like 3 scenes of Felicity and they were pretty good, and no one even knew they were coming.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Angel12d said:

Do I have the strength to sit through a whole episode of that boring mumbling idiot and BS wearing that cheap ass ugly wig just for like 2 scenes of Felicity? DO I?! IDK guys. IDK.

Scenes of Felicity with Curtis. God help us. Anyway, I was having this same debate with myself earlier today. I think I'm going to do it for the live thread. The more we hate the episode, the more fun it seems to be.

• Love 3

tumblr_p717l8fKey1upkpglo1_r1_500.gif

tumblr_p717l8fKey1upkpglo4_r1_500.gif

Source

I have either never seen or noticed that they're surrounded by those god awful walls on all sides. It's a wonder Oliver even needs Vertigo to go a little nuts, I marvel that that apartment hasn't already done him in. I refuse to believe Felicity had any hand in finding this place. It's God awful. Can't the props department at least cover that up somehow?

• Love 5

I hate that apartment so much, I call it cinder block hell. I never liked the loft because I didn't understand it's layout (plus wall-less bedrooms) but I desperately wish Oliver and William had moved in with Felicity. Shouldn't Oliver have found something a little more homey (or at least less prisony) to move a traumatized William into? 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, bijoux said:

tumblr_p717l8fKey1upkpglo1_r1_500.gif

tumblr_p717l8fKey1upkpglo4_r1_500.gif

Source

I have either never seen or noticed that they're surrounded by those god awful walls on all sides. It's a wonder Oliver even needs Vertigo to go a little nuts, I marvel that that apartment hasn't already done him in. I refuse to believe Felicity had any hand in finding this place. It's God awful. Can't the props department at least cover that up somehow?

I think they are trying to go for like the industrial look but it's like the cheap tacky industrial look.

But at least Felicity and Oliver look pretty against the ugly walls. 

1 hour ago, bijoux said:

I marvel that that apartment hasn't already done him in. I refuse to believe Felicity had any hand in finding this place.

Funnily enough, IIRC from the 5.5 book, she picked out this apartment specifically because the layout (not much dividing walls, large middle living area) would in essence force Oliver and William to have to see and interact more. But even if that was true, gosh was Felicity desperate.