Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

Looking at that clip it makes me wish more that the episode would have been about Slade actually needing Oliver and his team and then the episode would be about the team dynamics going into trusting Oliver vs trusting Slade along with whatever character study/background they're going to do on Slade. That way you keep the focus on the characters' reactions and feelings, but you can still go into who is Slade as a character presently and still get the father parallels and the Oliver helping as Oliver and not as GA.

Edited by way2interested
  • Love 2

So about that FBI surveillance...  It's not like the mayor can just leave town for a few days without explaining where he's going, and you'd think that an FBI agent investigating him would check his story out, so I wonder if this comes into play with whatever's going on with Oliver and the FBI in episode 7? 

• Love 3
23 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

and you'd think that an FBI agent investigating him would check his story out

She'll wait to see what Starling City's Action News 7 reports about the Mayor's whereabouts. 

Seriously though, I hope they show FBI Lady actually doing some investigating soon. 

10 minutes ago, calliope1975 said:

Seriously though, I hope they show FBI Lady actually doing some investigating soon

Looks like she's back tonight. I'm glad -- I was worried tonight was just going to focus on Slade and Oliver.

• Love 2
22 hours ago, WindofChange said:

Did we ever really expect the writers to go "No we don't need them, bye newbies!"?

They're not going to get rid of them anytime soon I think, and if they're sticking around wouldn't it be preferable the writers give the audience an actual reason as to why OTA needs them? 

I think if the writers wanted, there would be ways to trim the fat without any unnecessary character deaths. Rene could get his daughter back and hang up his cleats by the end of the season. Dinah and Vigilante could be Arrow's version of Huntingbird. They could settle down in a different city and start over as a happy vigilante couple. Black Siren could get an insta-redemption and move back to Earth 2 or join the crew on Legends of Tomorrow. I just don't know what they could do with Curtis after he so willingly sacrificed his marriage to play vigilante. It would be tough to get rid of him without killing him, I think. 

Edited by shadow2008
  • Love 1
36 minutes ago, calliope1975 said:

Seriously though, I hope they show FBI Lady actually doing some investigating soon. 

Not only is she doing some investigating tonight, but she's questioning Felicity! 

• Love 2

It's one thing for Oliver to help Slade as repayment for his help with William but it's another for Oliver to trust him (like SA said in that EW article). The guy murdered his mother, among other things. My side eye is strong with this one.

21 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

It's one thing for Oliver to help Slade as repayment for his help with William but it's another for Oliver to trust him (like SA said in that EW article). The guy murdered his mother, among other things. My side eye is strong with this one.

He kidnapped his sister twice and his GF once, and his teammates multiple times and was directly responsible for losing his company...and abandoned his team on the island. 

Maybe that's what wakes Thea up, she needs to talk some sense into Oliver. 

• Love 1
28 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

It's like SA and everyone involved with the show has forgotten about 314. There's no way the Mirakuru wasn't out of his system by then -- and yet he still tried to kill Oliver and Thea. 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Trisha said:

It's like SA and everyone involved with the show has forgotten about 314. There's no way the Mirakuru wasn't out of his system by then -- and yet he still tried to kill Oliver and Thea. 

Shh, never happened. Doesn't fit with the story they're trying to tell of Mysons. 

You know, it could be worse. They could be trying to sell that the power of Mysons' existences changed Slade. 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Trisha said:

Exactly. Also, didn't he walk off and leave everyone on the island just before it was about to blow up? What's the excuse then? 

It's just a little annoying because this season has been so great for Oliver's growth as a character and not being dumb for plot reasons and then they do this.

My dream is Josh as Vigilante... but if he's gonna be wasted on Dinah, I'd prefer it not be him tbh. Bring him back as his E2 counterpart instead & let him join the team after cutting some of the fat (dd & rene). It's nice to dream sometimes.

Edited by JJ928
11 minutes ago, Trisha said:

I think they remembered and just explained it away in 5x23 when they'd decided they wanted Oliver to go to him for help on Lian Yu. Apparently he just needed more time for it to get fully out of his system!

It's just such stupid reasoning and makes Oliver look stupid and he was doing so well this season! And it also makes no sense that he's going to take off to Whereverlandia with how he has been portrayed this season and what his priorities are. 

Also OMG sorry but the Mayor of a city going to another country in an official capacity to help a man who once destroyed same city and his son who's not an American? WTF? That is really the most ridiculous reach even beyond dating the reporter on the city hall beat.

Edited by leopardprint
  • Love 1

Arrow's Manu Bennett previews Slade Wilson's return
NATALIE ABRAMS   NOVEMBER 9, 2017 
http://ew.com/tv/2017/11/09/arrow-slade-wilson-deathstroke-manu-bennett-return 

[MANU BENNETT:] ... But without giving spoilers, the fans are going to find out a lot more about the origins of the mask and the identity of Deathstroke, opposed to Slade Wilson. There’s a time when this character came into being that pre-dates him arriving in Starling City. For those fans who tune into season 6, you’re going to get the meat, because so far there has only been the potatoes.
 ... One of the wonderful pieces of writing that happened at the end of season 5 was how Oliver and Slade, with an exchange of only a few words, were drawn right back through the tunnel, right back through the rabbit hole, to how they first met, and the tone in which they spoke to each other. Truth is undeniable if it’s presented in the right signal. Usually it can be unraveled whether somebody is lying or not. At this point, anyways, there doesn’t seem to be a game face between either Slade and Oliver other than the two men looking at each other and really wondering if it’s possible that they can reconnect.
Now that there’s not necessarily an imminent threat, will more of Team Arrow voice their distrust or misgivings about having Slade around?
Of course they will. None of those members of the Arrow team ever had an intimate or personal relationship with Slade. They’ve only seen him while he’s crashing through the Arrow den in his Deathstroke outfit, obsessed with Mirakuru. There’s nobody in that camp that can judge Slade other than Oliver. So of course it’s like any circle of friends: You take a shot at who is the enemy of your friend, whether you know them or not.
... The Deathstroke that does return is a different Deathstroke. There’s a lot of new information that’s going to come into play. ... Well, I did a full journey with Crixus; I knew the way that story began and ended, but with Slade, I don’t know. I’ve been sitting around for two years waiting to get back on the show. I don’t even know what the hell is going on. Now this has happened and it’s happened at the right time. I think Arrow always knew this was a good trump card to play when it was a good time to play it. If we played this card two seasons ago, the weight wouldn’t have been so good. It’s come at a really good time. I think the way the story is evolving now, I can feel the same dramatic responsibility, the same dramatic challenges that helped me make Crixus a really good character. So this emotional journey that season 6 proposes for Deathstroke, for Slade Wilson, for me as an actor, is really just awesome and I have to take my hats off to the Arrow writing team.
... But what happened in season 1 was, I had this scene with Oliver over the campfire and I told him that Billy Wintergreen had betrayed me and I even allowed him to be the godfather of my son, Joe. There was just this little moment where I reflected on my personal life in that one scene that never happened again throughout the whole anthology of the next two seasons until now, and now it not only opens the window, it drags me through it and into that world that is completely unknown to the audience right now. The thing is, at that time, I was referring to a young boy, my son — well, add up the years and you realize I’m not looking for a kid anymore. I’m looking for a strong, younger version of myself. The guy I’ve started to work with already, I’m quite confident we’re going to blow the fans away. There’s a whole new revelation of Slade, Oliver, Deathstroke, his son — all of this stuff is so well written.

Is it that the apple doesn’t fall far from the tree?
Oh yeah, that’s true. But there’s certain mysteries to the relationship between Joe and Slade that are tied into father and son, but they’re also tied into becoming an assassin, becoming a killer, and the type of mind that develops as you go deeper and darker and become involved in this world of mercenaries and soldiers and corruption and money and who you think you are in comparison to who you’ve actually become. Staying in control of that identity I’m sure is the catalyst of most issues with military men, with people who were involved with conflicts all over the world, because you go in there as the man you think you are, but you come out as something completely different. That’s had its own revelations with Slade, but what are those revelations going to be like with his son Joe? That’s where a father needs a son and a son needs a father. The guy who’s playing my son is Liam Hall, we’ve started a working process. It’s interesting because he and I both grew up a couple of kilometers [apart]. At the same age that he grew up, I grew up in the same spot within two kilometers in Australia. So we’ve already had a conversation that links us.
Do you think it’s a fine line of whether he might revert back to being a villain?
This is all new ground. I’ve had a long conversation with [executive producer] Marc Guggenheim, and the fans out there know that I’ve vocally defended Deathtroke, DC Comics, [artist] George Pérez, the origins of the story. I want to keep it on the page, because there’s a great theme that is embraced by fans that is titled Deathstroke, and to protect that, I will always try to be aware of and keep a certain honesty going with the character that I think he deserves. It’s never certain what the pen will write, but I’ve had enough conversations with Marc Guggenheim to know that we’re not going to steer off course with Deathstroke. If anything, we’re going to steer forward with Deathstroke. [Artist] Tony Daniel is creating incredible new visual dynamics for Deathstroke in the comic book word. Deathstroke is alive again in popular culture. If this season is a sign of where they’re going with Deathstroke, then I’m a thankful actor, because to put that mask on with the elements that are involved this season, you want drama, well they’ve written it.

Edited by tv echo

Exclusive: The Team Hunts Vigilante in New 'Arrow' Clip
By Charlie Ridgely - November 9, 2017
http://comicbook.com/dc/2017/11/09/arrow-exclusive-clip-vigilante-hunt-diggle/

In the clip, which you can watch above, Felicity and Curtis are watching footage of Vigilante on their computer monitors, trying to track his movements. The goal of unmasking the villain and exposing his identity is proving more difficult than they thought.

Using the info they have, the two correspondents are trying to guide Diggle and Dinah through a crime scene in the city. Unfortunately, the two are stopped by one of the investigators and she isn't one to mess around.

Instead of continuing his search for Vigilante, Diggle now has to spend time answering questions for the police department like, "Why is the Mayor's head of security hanging out at an active crime scene?"

Edited by tv echo

ARROW STAR STEPHEN AMELL PREVIEWS DEATHSTROKE'S RETURN
Bryan Cairns   November 9, 2017
http://www.syfy.com/syfywire/arrow-star-stephen-amell-previews-deathstrokes-return

"Manu Bennett and I worked on where they are," Amell said. "I thought the early drafts of the script almost slipped them back into what you would have seen in Season 1, the latter part of Season 1, or maybe even the early part of Season 2 back on the island. Oliver understands perfectly well that Slade was under the influence of something. He was not in his right mind. With that being said, certain things cannot be undone. Ever. Do I trust him when he is in his right mind? Yes. Do I rely on him? Sure. Are we going for a beer after our road trip to go find his son? Probably no. Probably not. There are certain things that I cannot forgive. I think that at his core, Oliver thinks that Slade is a good person.

"We leave this two-part episode fairly open-ended," Amell concluded. "It's great having Manu back. Both of these episodes, they really are his episodes. Between what is going on with Slade in the flashbacks – which continue in episode six – and the ongoing storyline surrounding Vigilante and what's going on back in Star City – those were two very, very quiet episodes for me. So, it was great to watch Manu work."

Edited by tv echo
2 hours ago, insomniadreams88 said:

Well, I suppose it could be worse. Diggle could have shown up dressed as the Green Arrow to the crime scene. Would have loved to see Dinah try to explain that one.

And ooh, looking forward to the Felicity/FBI agent scene. 

John Diggle, who works personal security for the mayor! When did that happen? And will it please offer opportunities for John and Dig to interact outside the bunker?

• Love 1
32 minutes ago, tv echo said:

Exclusive: The Team Hunts Vigilante in New 'Arrow' Clip
By Charlie Ridgely - November 9, 2017
http://comicbook.com/dc/2017/11/09/arrow-exclusive-clip-vigilante-hunt-diggle/

I am on my phone so am having problems. 

Has this person who wrote this EVER watched the show. “These two correspondents” referring to Curtis and Felicity? Are they on TV, radio or writing for a blog?

Edited by BunsenBurner
14 minutes ago, tv echo said:

ARROW STAR STEPHEN AMELL PREVIEWS DEATHSTROKE'S RETURN
Bryan Cairns   November 9, 2017
http://www.syfy.com/syfywire/arrow-star-stephen-amell-previews-deathstrokes-return

"We leave this two-part episode fairly open-ended," Amell concluded. "It's great having Manu back. Both of these episodes, they really are his episodes. Between what is going on with Slade in the flashbacks – which continue in episode six – and the ongoing storyline surrounding Vigilante and what's going on back in Star City – those were two very, very quiet episodes for me. So, it was great to watch Manu work."

I wonder if we're going to hear from complaining the same folks that were unhappy about Diggle and Felicity playing bigger roles in the last 2 episodes

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

I wonder if we're going to hear from complaining the same folks that were unhappy about Diggle and Felicity playing bigger roles in the last 2 episodes

Of course not. They'll probably still find a way to blame Felicity/Olicity if there's something they don't like/low ratings. 

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, BunsenBurner said:

I am on my phone so am having problems. 

Has this person who wrote this EVER watched the show. “These two correspondents” referring to Curtis and Felicity? Are they on TV, radio or writing for a blog?

No idea, but I greatly enjoyed Agent Watson cutting off Dinah. Ah ah. ? I'm really glad she's back. Maybe Lyla can recruit her for ARGUS so she can pop up once in a while. Or she can go into the private sector and handle security for Felicity's rising company. Unless Felicity fulfills my wish and hires Dig.

• Love 3
56 minutes ago, bijoux said:

John Diggle, who works personal security for the mayor! When did that happen? And will it please offer opportunities for John and Dig to interact outside the bunker?

Well as of 602 Curtis didn't know how Dig made money so it's either new or it's something past tense or a retcon.  

20 minutes ago, calliope1975 said:

A freaking "YourSon" in the promo??? Make it stop; they have names. 

I understand it in this instance since there's a good possibility no one remembers what Slade's son's name is or what he looks like (not tonight necessarily, but definitely over the next week). Ooop, I forgot it while I was typing!

• Love 2

Barry (guest star Grant Gustin) and Iris’s (guest star Candice Patton) wedding brings the gang together, but things go awry when villains from Earth-X attack the ceremony. All of the superheroes band together with help from their super friends like Citizen Cold (guest star Wentworth Miller), The Ray (guest star Russell Tovey), Felicity Smoak (Emily Bett Rickards), Iris West and Alex Danvers (guest star Chyler Leigh) to take on their most formidable villains yet. Earth’s mightiest heroes – Green Arrow (Stephen Amell), Supergirl (guest star Melissa Benoist), The Flash (guest star Grant Gustin) and White Canary (guest star Caity Lotz) – lead their teams into battle to save the world.

Well, I suppose at least Felicity is classed as a super friend. LOL.

29 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

Barry (guest star Grant Gustin) and Iris’s (guest star Candice Patton) wedding brings the gang together, but things go awry when villains from Earth-X attack the ceremony.

"The Gang" always makes me think of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, and that would be a crossover that would get me excited. Otherwise, this is some terribly written word salad. Also, does CW PR know that "Earth's Mightiest Heroes" was an amazing animated Marvel show? 

Oh well, bring on my OTP's wedding! Not you, Barry.

• Love 6

So Dinah (like Oliver) has two villains this season?

Also, in her set interview (see KSiteTV video in New Spoilers thread), JH talked about the BC/BS rivalry and said: "But, um, yeah, I think it's not that [Dinah] has something to prove because of the fact that Laurel was the Canary and that Siren was the Canary at one point. Um, I think it's just because she's so hungry for justice and Black Siren is so evil. And, you know, it's the hero and the villain. It's just, you know, the classic struggle. WIth these two, because of the history, it's just extra loaded. So it means a lot to her for a lot of reasons." 

Does JH just not know that Black Siren was never the Black Canary, or will we learn in flashbacks later this season that Black Siren was the Black Canary on Earth 2 at one point?

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Didn't MG/WM sell BS as a rival for DD, Lance, and Felicity? Maybe they'll move away from BS/DD & give FS/BS more conflict since she's working with Cayden, who's Felicity's villain (and Olivers if he's really the big bad). I don't think Vigilante will be her villain tbh. If the civil war is between OTA and lame squad, my guess it's over her loyalty to her ex. She's probably gonna start trying to help him find himself again. Lord, let me get some drinks ready for the bad acting coming my way. This woman making me miss E1 Laurel.

Edited by JJ928
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, tv echo said:

So Dinah (like Oliver) has two villains this season?

I don't think she does. I think Vigilante is her villain, BS was the cover for the OMG Surprise Vigilante is Vincent!

I think BS has been reduced to Cayden James Henchmen #2. She's going to just be an annoyance to TA as she has been.

• Love 10

From THR article - huh?...

About the big crossover, WM: "The biggest surprise will be the emotional component of the crossover... I don't think anyone is going to see that coming. It's very much a dark love story. It's the underpinnings of that that will make the Earth-X element a real contrast to that. Oliver [Stephen Amell] has a big role to play in it and it's bigger and better than any crossover we've done in the past. It's going to be epic."

What do you think that means?

Edited by tv echo

IDK what it means but I don't like that sound of that because my mind automatically goes to the whole Nazi part of the story. ?

The ‘Arrow’ Cast React to the Reveal of Vigilante, and Tease What’s Coming Next
BY ALLISON KEENE      NOVEMBER 9, 2017
http://collider.com/arrow-vigilante-revealed-cast-interview/

'Arrow' Cast Reacts To Vigilante Being Unmasked in "Deathstroke Returns"
By Jenna Anderson - November 9, 2017
http://comicbook.com/dc/2017/11/10/arrow-season-6-vigilante-identity-vincent-sobel/

Edited by tv echo
8 minutes ago, Lily-n11 said:

Rumour has it NaziKara and NaziOliver are a couple on Earth-X.  I hate it.

People took David's comment about how we'll like E-X Kara/Oliver's interactions and jumped to this conclusion. I'd hardly call it a rumor.

• Love 2

And the thing is, they have enough characters from the four shows who are going to be in the crossover that I feel like any real time spent on any of the Earth-X characters and/or relationships is just going to leave me going, "Well, they could have used that time to give us more of X, Y, etc." 

• Love 3