Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

I think there are two different orange-ish dresses. The first one (as seen in the new promo) is here: http://www.theoutnet.com/en-GB/product/Alice-and-Olivia/Tali-stretch-ponte-dress/419108

The second one (as seen during filming of 3x02 on CH's instagram and SA's facebook) is here: http://www.neimanmarcus.com/Theory-Wellra-Mega-Crossback-Dress/prod167820447/p.prod

Neiman Marcus even paired the second dress with the same shoes as Arrow did lol

OMG thank you. In this pic Wendy Stanzler posted, it's clearer that 302 = second dress you linked:

BuPwa7WCcAEnEvN.jpg

So no cliffhanger, at least not one based on Felicity's sartorial choices. :) OTOH, Felicity's collection of cocktail dresses keeps getting weirder.

OTOH, Felicity's collection of cocktail dresses keeps getting weirder.

And the fact that she wears them to the Arrow cave.  Is that someone's idea of comfortable work gear, because I prefer panda flats and sweaters.

• Love 2

I just don't want the dourness and doom and gloom that overtook the latter part of S2 to continue in S3.

I'm kinda curious. I'm hoping since SA was talking about a more smiley Oliver and the fact they are moving him towards being more green that it sticks. I just wonder how that would happen. Like someone mentioned earlier with all the loss how do we get an upbeat Oliver. The only precedent for sucky life fun Oliver is island Oliver. I'm curious to see how they pull this off and also how they deal with Oliver and Thea.

• Love 2

I'm the only one trying to figure out the timeline of the episode by Felicity's dresses? I'm so confused.

I've been thinking about this too. Too much. But now that we've established there are two orange dresses, my guess for the timeline is this (yes, I'm typing this out):

1) Orange dress. I remember reading something about the episode opening with a big Team Arrow action scene and with the shot of Felicity in this dress when the team returns to the foundry, and the other shot of her wearing it when O/F shoot flirty eyes at each other as she leaves, makes me wonder if this is the first outfit of the episode and BEFORE Oliver even asks her out. I also thought that maybe Oliver will run into Sara during this mission and that's when she tells him that they need people who don't wear masks, which probably prompts the flirty eyes and also gears him up to ask Felicity out. So let's call this Day 1.

2) The blue floral top thing that we can barely see when Oliver asks her out to dinner. Day 2.

3) Plum colored boob dress she wears to QC meeting/kiss in hallway. I'd guess Day 3.

4) Blue shirt/uniform she wears to work. Could still be Day 3, in the evening.

5) Smoking hot red dress she wears for the date, which is the same day she's at work given Oliver is asking her about Italian for their date that night. 

So lots of outfits but probably only over 3 days. Hahaha I can't believe I even thought about this.

I really really really REALLY don't want him to be a regular next season. That thought alone turns me off the character and I want to see him before I judge him. Because then I think that they are building up him and Felicity and then it will get serious and they will call it popular and put Oliver back with Laurel and then I will not watch the show.

I'm not saying that as an Olicity fan, I'm saying that as a fan of the show who believes Oliver/Laurel would ruin my enjoyment of Oliver.

I'm not worried about Ray in the long term but I've already taken a dislike to him in that short clip we saw. I thought he was way too arrogant and I'm honestly sick of love triangles so I'm not really looking forward to whatever they're planning for Felicity and Ray. Here's hoping he's only a 'potential' love interest and not a full blown one. I just don't see them selling that pairing after the way Oliver looks/acts so happy and in love in that promo. Olicity is a done deal for me. There's no going back now. 

Edited by Angel12d
  • Love 6

This might seem like an idiotic question but are we certain Oliver and Felicity "break things off?" Perhaps their emotional conversation isn't about not being together but in making it work for them in a unique set of circumstances.

I might have missed the spoiler but 2+2=5 right now.

MG (I think?) said something along the lines of the two of them decide not to pursue a relationship at the end of the episode and that the audience will sympathize with both of their reasons. Edited by apinknightmare

It's either Arrow or  the Flash.  Either way, yay that she doesn't die in "Sara".

If she's shooting tomorrow, it's either the tail end of ep 3x05, the Felicity episode, or the start of 3x06.  Is there a title for that one?

This might seem like an idiotic question but are we certain Oliver and Felicity "break things off?" Perhaps their emotional conversation isn't about not being together but in making it work for them in a unique set of circumstances.

Oliver's arc this season is regaining his humanity and realizing that he can have a 'normal' life.

There's a clip of his Hong Kong handler saying "In your case [you can have only one name]".   20 minutes into ep 1, something major happens and it appears that Oliver decides that he can't have a normal life and date Felicity, that he must be only The Arrow.  Then it seems like the rest of the season is moving towards realizing that he can have both.

Edited by statsgirl

Caity Lotz tweeted this

https://twitter.com/...724065856319488

"Got the script tonight...shoot tomorrow morning? Why not...let's do it"

I don't know if it's for Arrow but if it's for Arrow than Sara will be there in 3x06.

I think its for Arrow. There already wasn't any filming on Monday due to holiday. So i don't think they would also skip Friday.  Also they did say Sara and Roy would get closer. I am betting we will see that in the 6th episode. 

Arrow starts filming 306 Friday 9/5 so it's possible she's talking about Arrow

Unless she's doing another one of the short films written and directed by stunt coordinators where they got to make there own short film matching a story with action and were only given one day prep and one day shoot to make it happen. She did one called "Survive" with Harry Shum from Glee. The whole cast was stunt performers and them. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 1

Unless she's doing another one of the short films written and directed by stunt coordinators where they got to make there own short film matching a story with action and were only given one day prep and one day shoot to make it happen. She did one called "Survive" with Harry Shum from Glee. The whole cast was stunt performers and them. 

Possibly but I'd much prefer to think that she's in 306

I was reading back through the pages and I reread the article that talks about BR. I've decided that I really hate when they sell the characters like that; it almost always backfires. I wish they would just tease his storylone and not 'look at his awesome chemistry with EBR, watch how funny he is.' Thats for the audience to decide. If you build him up too much he is just going to disapoint, and the guy is already walking in at a disadvantage. He doesn't have the best rep(professionally), and the only part of his storyline they have really talked about it setting up a love triangle that people are iffy on already.

3x06 is when we meet Cupid right? That's an interesting episode for Sara to be in.

Edited by 10Eleven12

I was reading back through the pages and I reread the article that talks about BR. I've decided that I really hate when they sell the characters like that; it almost always backfires. I wish they would just tease his storylone and not 'look at his awesome chemistry with EBR, watch how funny he is.' Thats for the audience to decide. If you build him up too much he is just going to disapoint, and the guy is already walking in at a disadvantage. He doesn't have the best rep(professionally), and the only part of his storyline they have really talked about it setting up a love triangle that people are iffy on already.

3x06 is when we meet Cupid right? That's an interesting episode for Sara to be in.

Eh, they did the same thing with Barry in 208/209 for months that's all we heard was how great the Barry/Felicity chemistry was...it even went beyond the EPs, I remember CH and SA commenting about it.  I'm not sure the logic behind this particular sales move but they seem to like using it.  I know that the BR/Ray treatment in S3 is so reminiscent of Grant/Barry in S2 that many suspect the EPs are looking at another potential spin-off.

Edited by Morrigan2575

Would they really want to do a show with Atom though? The Flash I understood, because he's a bigger and more popular character than Green Arrow. I never even heard of the Atom until they announced the casting for this show. 

• Love 1

If Sara is in 3x06, I don't think she will be in Starling City. I think she will be at Nanda Parbat. And then Caity Lotz would be in 4 of the first 6 episodes (3x01, 3x02, 3x04, 3x06).

• Love 1

I can't image them wanting to do another spin off right now. It just feels like they would be spreading the genre too slim. And I had never even heard of The Atom. If they are looking at doing another spin off, I would wait till Arrow is almost thru its run and The Flash is already established. I wouldn't mind a Sara/LOA type spin-off. At least make it a female lead.

New theory: They are building Ray up to kill him at the end of the season.

Thats a lot of Sara for the first half of the season. I wonder if they are planning on killing her off or having her disapear mid-season and that launches Laurel's arc for the 2nd half.

I hope they learned last year that cutting away dramatically for a Lance arc doesn't work. They need to pace themselves.

Edited by 10Eleven12

Would they really want to do a show with Atom though? The Flash I understood, because he's a bigger and more popular character than Green Arrow. I never even heard of the Atom until they announced the casting for this show. 

Do I think they would want to?  No, I think it's way too soon and they're already talking about a Suicide Squad Spin-off (in some form) so I doubt they'd attempt another but I do know that all of the press (especially since it's so similar to Barry's) has people questioning if there's some hidden plan involved with Ray.  

That's because The Atom has always been a lousy idea for a superhero. 'Hey, let's have a guy who can shrink really small!' Okay... then what? Even fucking Ant-Man was better, because he at least used to ride around on a wasp (not on The Wasp, although...)

Honestly, the way these people at the CW promote guest stars, it has the opposite effect on me, in terms of enthusiasm for the show. It always comes across like they don't think their regular cast are interesting enough, so they have to really pimp the new, super cool character, who has amazing chemistry with everyone and is so funny, and everyone will love him. Piss off. Brandon Routh has been, and always will be, a well-sculpted block of wood. The only time he was ever even slightly charismatic was when he was embracing the evil in Chuck, and that was only because he was sending up his own woodenness.

The best thing they could do with him? Hook him up with Laurel. That'd kill several birds with one stone.

• Love 7

I hope they learned last year that cutting away dramatically for a Lance arc doesn't work. They need to pace themselves.

I can take the Lance sisters in small doses (thank you, FF button). It's when they take over the damn show that I just check out (back half of Season 2).

• Love 4

Didn't Felicity have the most number of words or sentences in Season 2 after Oliver. So, I don't understand the complain  when people say that she was sidelined. There were a couple of episodes where she had minimum screen presence and that's it. Even after that if someone thinks that she was sidelined, it would only mean that the impact that Felicity had on Season 2 was minimal to the main story line and most of her presence was superficial and forgetful to the extent that people perceived that she was sidelined.

I ain't watching Arrow for the acting. I gave up in S1 *because* of Amell's acting (and the flashbacks/WIGS JHC.). Luckily he got better, when he was given lots of screen time with EBR in the back half of that season and ever since.

Still excited about Ray and Routh, I do think this is a lot of investment in supporting guest actor, but whatever so was/is Sara, and I do think the plan is to slide him over to The Flash. Routh is best when he's playing a pompous evilish dick so I can see him being a good foil to Barry's almost Jimmy Olsen like earnestness.

I am gonna need name tags for Roy and Ray. 

lol this. I'm dyslexic so I especially  keep mixing up these names and then get really confused. 

Edited by ban1o

DJ? Will Thea be working at Verdant again?

And its funny, if one keeps track of who Rapaport casting follows in his Twitter, one will know about the upcoming actors who are going to be on Arrow or Flash. Brandon Routh, Charlotte Ross etc. He followed them before the casting announcement.

Is it too much to ask to receive a headline that states "So-and-So's New Friend?"

I did not think Thea would be getting a new love interest; I thought her storyline would be all Malcolm and Oliver and her evolution(or revolution). I was much happier when I thougtht that.

• Love 2

Regardless of whether or not it's a good idea, WB is still pushing the idea of more Arrow spinoffs. If Flash performs decently, we might even see some of them - especially if the CW does decide to increase the amount of original programming offered to network affiliates. All that said, I don't think that the pro Atom/Brandon Routh has anything to do with that; I think it's a) another attempt to get viewers excited about the third season ("sure, you might not have loved him before - but he's awesome here") and b) an attempt to justify what could not have been a cheap price tag, especially given that, possibly partly because of that price tag, the show went with a pretty much complete unknown for Ra's Al Ghul.  If I'm over here thinking, wait, you hired SUPERMAN for an almost completely unknown DC hero and Who Is That for one of the better known DC villains...well, the internet shows I'm not the only one scratching my head on this one.

(No offense intended towards the dude playing Ra's Al Ghul. He might be awesome, and there's something to be said for hiring someone with no incoming expectations to take over a role last played by Liam Neeson, even if I was hoping for someone who looked more Middle Eastern in the role.)

• Love 1

UUUUGH I gratuitously hate Austin Butler's face so hard. #irrational

b) an attempt to justify what could not have been a cheap price tag, especially given that, possibly partly because of that price tag, the show went with a pretty much complete unknown for Ra's Al Ghul.  If I'm over here thinking, wait, you hired SUPERMAN for an almost completely unknown DC hero and Who Is That for one of the better known DC villains...well, the internet shows I'm not the only one scratching my head on this one.

This would be my guess. You paid a pretty penny for Superman, you're gonna HAVE TO market him a whole lot to recoup the expenses.

Edited by dancingnancy

I did not think Thea would be getting a new love interest; I thought her storyline would be all Malcolm and Oliver and her evolution(or revolution). I was much happier when I thougtht that.

Same here. I don't understand this at all. Does this mean she's moving back to Starling City? Because I did not expect that to happen so soon.

Yeah I don't get it. Will Thea start running the club again. They make it seem like they are co-workers. That makes no sense. I think THea's trejectory is a little different than I thought. 

• Love 3

For some reason I thought, Thea would return with a bang. A big in your face confrontation with Oliver, fight with Arrow on a rooftop, return in secret and be a background player. But know I'm wondering if she is going to come back playing the role of Thea Queen. Much like Oliver did when he returned.

That could actually be interesting. A nice(or not so nice as the case may be) paralell to Oliver.

Edited by 10Eleven12
  • Love 1

For some reason I thought, Thea would return with a bang. A big in your face confrontation with Oliver, fight with Arrow on a rooftop, return in secret and be a background player. But know I'm wondering if she is going to come back playing the role of Thea Queen. Much like Oliver did when he returned.

That could actually be interesting. A nice(or not so nice as the case may be) paralell to Oliver.

Yeah I agree. That's what I thought too but I'm guessing now she will have a secret identity as well? I'm confused lol. Hopefully the writers know what they're doing with Thea.