Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, leopardprint said:

MG said on Twitter that the cake was an inside joke.

Maybe Felicity baked a cake burnt to a crisp and just covered it in frosting and poor Oliver is going to force himself to eat it. True love, y'all. 

I think all it means is that the cake is store bought and therefore good. The cupcakes on the other hand are Felicity's effort and they suck. But they look nice.

7 hours ago, Sunshine said:

Has Vigilante been set up as a villain or just a reckless vigilante with no regard for collateral damage?  I think the latter which is why I lean towards Dinah's thought to be dead partner. I thought Pike once but I don't think he'd be so casual about collateral damage.

Is Pike still in a coma? Because that would explain Vigilante's sudden disappearance. Although I agree that I can't see him being okay with collateral damage.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, JamieLynn832002 said:

Is Pike still in a coma? Because that would explain Vigilante's sudden disappearance. Although I agree that I can't see him being okay with collateral damage.

Pike is still in a coma.

(edited)
4 hours ago, lemotomato said:

If you're using MG as a source for what you think Olicity fans want, he said he got questions about Oliver and Felicity going to "Bed Bath and Beyond" (IMO, probably joking questions, since SA and EBR were talking about how Olicity's first fight would be about towels in this interview). Please get your quotes right if you're accusing a fandom of anything.

And people need to learn that not everyone is expecting her to turn into BC or a goody 2 shoes hero. Olicity fans want them to go on a date to bed bath and beyond and smell some candles....but not all of them want or care about that

2 hours ago, Sunshine said:

Why is that considered shade?  The only person who should be emotional in the scene is Lance.  BS knows who she's going after. Even if he's aware of her existence (I don't think he's been told onscreen), it must still be a shock to see the face of a daughter you've loved and lost belonging to a villain.  It's not a father/daughter reunion.

Causeeverything is "shade" ans publicity when it comes to KC. Though your right, it would 99% more emotional for Q so he answered it correctly. 

Edited by Primal Slayer
  • Love 3

The cake. Is it a BTS inside joke or is it an inside joke between the characters (like Oliver references something that happened during the summer of love)?

From MG today:

Okay, I admit it: The big bad for Arrow Season 6 is named Covenant.

I don't remember that name being dropped.  Didn't find anything in a quick Google search.  Sounds like it could be anything.  But probably involves creepy robes.

17 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

From MG today:

I don't remember that name being dropped.  Didn't find anything in a quick Google search.  Sounds like it could be anything.  But probably involves creepy robes.

Their version of Azazel?

15 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

It's a joke. Alien: Covenant was released in theaters today. Its prequel was Prometheus

Oh! Thanks.  Phew, I'm relieved. It did not sound good.

3 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Isn't Diggle supposed to get his own foe next season (like Felicity may be getting Helix)?  Where do you think that might come from?

My first thought is a military guy, but that happened this year.  Maybe a former friend?  Andy Jr?  Dude in the first suicide squad episode he set up?

• Love 1

What if Oliver & Felicity realize the team is getting picked off one by one and Felicity comes up with a plan that Oliver doesn't agree with but supports? What if they assume she and Digg were gonna be kidnapped and created a plan based on that? Wendy mentioned OTA as well as Slade as Central to plan to defeat Chase.

• Love 9

I hope something happens and Oliver & Co. are more proactive. I'm tired of Chase being so far ahead of our heroes. I know Chase is going to be defeated, but I would like it to be because of smart, strategic planning (a la Slade) and not dumb luck. 

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

What if Oliver & Felicity realize the team is getting picked off one by one and Felicity comes up with a plan that Oliver doesn't agree with but supports? What if they assume she and Digg were gonna be kidnapped and created a plan based on that? Wendy mentioned OTA as well as Slade as Central to plan to defeat Chase.

One of my random specs was just that they do realize that the team is getting picked off one by one and then Oliver and Felicity (and maybe Diggle) at least make a contingency of swallowing those tracking nanites to find out where Chase is keeping everyone so that Oliver wouldn't be completely dependent on waiting to see what Chase does next. Granted, I know it will probably be Malcolm or something that tells Oliver that everyone's on Lian Yu, but it would at least be refreshing if Oliver knew something over Malcolm (plus I could picture them going for a dramatic scene of Malcolm asking Oliver where Chase/the team are and Oliver replying, "He's taken them to Purgatory," DUN *cue title card*).

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

I worry that even if the tracking nanites are in play that somehow Chase will come up with some way to disable them. And with little or no explanation as to how because he's always X steps ahead of Oliver. 

As well as JS is doing with this role, I'm so sick of how he's written to be apparently omniscient. It's sloppy and lazy. 

• Love 6
9 minutes ago, Hiveminder said:

As well as JS is doing with this role, I'm so sick of how he's written to be apparently omniscient. It's sloppy and lazy. 

I'm actually over it as well. They really exhausted Oliver is Stupid for Plot this season. 

• Love 2

Why do the cops appear to be arresting Oliver in the stills for next week?  Does Chase reveal him as Green Arrow aka Billy Malone's killer? I can't figure out why they have Mayor Queen at gun point otherwise.

52 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

Why do the cops appear to be arresting Oliver in the stills for next week?  Does Chase reveal him as Green Arrow aka Billy Malone's killer? I can't figure out why they have Mayor Queen at gun point otherwise.

I thought those were cops, too, but closer look said ARGUS on their patches. I wonder if Lyla wanted to bring Oliver in to protect him. Looks like that's when Merlyn shows up, though

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Apparently Felicity still has hers, [tracking nanites] at least as of 520

Which, since she swallowed them, really doesn't make sense.  

I still can't believe they barely did anything with Malcolm this season and suddenly kill him off.. Like what was the point of keeping him alive then if he's just showing up to die? Can someone explain this logic to me? :S

(edited)
31 minutes ago, DeadZeus said:

I still can't believe they barely did anything with Malcolm this season and suddenly kill him off.. Like what was the point of keeping him alive then if he's just showing up to die? Can someone explain this logic to me? :S

Maybe that was the point of keeping him alive, so they could kill off somebody who's been on the show since the beginning? Someone tied to Season 1? Other shows do this, too. Bring a recurring character back just to kill them.

Spoiler

NCIS Los Angeles did it recently with the wife of a main character.

Edited by SmallScreenDiva
kill "off" not of, SMH
  • Love 1
45 minutes ago, DeadZeus said:

This is what the show does. When they are ready to get rid of someone they practically just ignore them till the end of the season.

I wonder if Barrowman knew before he signed on to appear.

• Love 1
22 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

I wonder if Barrowman knew before he signed on to appear.

Isn't Barrowman one of the people with a multiple show regular contract this year? Meaning he didn't sign anything for this final stretch of Arrow episodes, he's been signed on since beofre the season.

9 hours ago, bijoux said:

Maybe Curtis is still making her breakfast? 

Honestly, considering 520 is a direct continuation of 519, that's not really wierd.

Maybe I'm confused, but I thougtht the nanites in the blueberry pancakes happened before episode 519

(edited)
47 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

Maybe I'm confused, but I thougtht the nanites in the blueberry pancakes happened before episode 519

I thought it was how they located Felicity with Helix, but I could very well be totally wrong.

ETA: It was in 518 that Curtis tracked her to the Helix HQ. Those things take forever to get out of the system.

Edited by bijoux
  • Love 2

The nanites are confusing because Curtis used the them to track Felicity in 518, then apparently forgot about them in 519 because Team Arrow got tricked into going to Argus to get Caden James instead of just tracking where Felicity went. But then Curtis used them to confirm that Felicity was in the bunker in 520.

• Love 1

Ideally, the moment they had Chase in custody, they should have started giving him the nanites on a daily basis - in his food or water if they don't want to inject him or something, so he doesn't know - so they'd at least have that as a backup for when he inevitably escapes. But I really doubt they did. 

• Love 4
(edited)

Could it be possible that Oliver breaks Chase out of custody because he finds out William, etc. is missing thus the ARGUS agents going after him? 

(they already seem to have forgotten the events of 519)

Edited by leopardprint

You know what I'd like to see explained regarding ARGUS? Why Chase gets a TV. Did James get a TV when they weren't expecting people to break him out? Did the writers think beyond having Chase watching Oliver's press conference when they gave him that type of cell? Will that be explained in 522? Will it even be brought up? Probably not. 

15 minutes ago, leopardprint said:

Could it be possible that Oliver breaks Chase out of custody because he finds out William, etc. is missing thus the ARGUS agents going after him? 

Hmm, if Oliver breaks Chase out, I wonder if his type of cell is to make that easier. 

58 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

You know what I'd like to see explained regarding ARGUS? Why Chase gets a TV. Did James get a TV when they weren't expecting people to break him out? Did the writers think beyond having Chase watching Oliver's press conference when they gave him that type of cell? Will that be explained in 522? Will it even be brought up? Probably not. 

Tbh, I don't care and would rather them use that time to show more of the party or give me insight into Chase's plan regarding kidnapping the team.

• Love 2
(edited)
20 hours ago, DeadZeus said:

There is no logic to it,when it comes to big main characters, since one would think that a show would want to honor the character that they are going to let go off ,so it would make sense to give them a big story or some focus. However i cant say im surprised with them bringing MM back only to kill him off(i guess they think him dying to save Thea is honoring his  character,but it makes no sense considering  that he was MIA for so long so its kinda underwhelming). It actually reminds me of other characters being written off similarly in the show. 

In s3 they ignored Roy for the most part(he got more story in s2 thant he ever did in s3) and then gave him a centric episode only to write him off. Similar to how Laurel was irrelevant for majority of s4 and then she got a little focus just in time to be killed off. I feel like this is their mindset the recent years,regarding characters they plan on writing off. I think its bad writing ,since thats not how fans expect a show to treat its core characters. At least Merlyn was dragged out and he is a villain so i can actually let it go but it was  bad writing with Laurel and Roy imo.

Considering this mindset and seeing Thea getting so little focus this season,i believe she will  be written off too, by end of season. 

Edited by theOAfc
33 minutes ago, theOAfc said:

In s3 they ignored Roy for the most part(he got more story in s2 thant he ever did in s3) and then gave him a centric episode only to write him off.

CH asked to be let go from the show because of health issues he was undergoing at the time. (Most of the EW interview with him is behind a paywall now)

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

CH asked to be let go from the show because of health issues he was undergoing at the time. (Most of the EW interview with him is behind a paywall now)

Yeah im not saying they wanted to write him off, im saying they knew he was gonna be written off (because he asked them to) and yet they treated the character a specific way,ignoring him for the most part of the season and only giving him focus just in time to write him off. Now i cant know if Colton himself asked them to not give Roy story(its not like Colton didnt have screentime in s3,he just did nothing most of the time,just being there in the background throwing random lines). I also cant know if he let them know about his health issues from start of season or later in the season(even though i think i had read an article that implied they knew about his exit from start of season but i am not sure about that). All i know is it was not the only time they treated a character like that. They treated similarly Laurel in s4. 

Imo Roy and Laurel had little focus the season they were written off because in that season they were supporting characters, it was their role. They established Roy as a team member and when they were done with that he was pushed in the background because that was his role. Same with Laurel. Tommy, Moira and Sara instead all got focus before getting killed because they had an important role to play in the story.

Malcolm should have been written off a couple of years ago when he stopped being relevant to the story and they started twisting the main characters' behavior to fit him in..bad writing imo was not giving closure to his part of the story sooner because the writers liked the actor or the character or both.

• Love 5

From a narrative standpoint, I don't think someone would want to put too much onto a character that he/she plans on writing out because it could make them too indispensable to the plot and then you hypothetically couldn't go on without them (that's what they did with Roy, make him do something that only his character could do, but then highlight that there were new team members coming so that his "role" wasn't going to be empty). I think "ignoring" them is kind of subjective (someone could say that a character-centric episode has too little of the character while also saying that a character having one line in an episode is too much) and context-dependent (bts, their role in the story, comparatives, etc.), plus the same could always have been said for Lance but he gets the similarly-structured story attention every year (background with some highlights) without being written off.

• Love 1

I am not sure they knew since s3 started that Colton would exist. Colton only agreed to a 2 year contract when he signed as a regular. So i would presume that negotiations were up during s3 and he decided not to sign another contract. 

I'm not concerned that they are writing off those contracted as regulars for S6.  That said the only 3 IMO who are definitely safe are SA, JH & RG.  One is the titular character. The other 2 were just promoted.  MG isn't going to tell people that they are out (if they are) before the cliffhanger.  I tend to think the cliffhanger might thin the ranks of guest stars whose characters are still in limbo and not only through death (i.e. Slade could get his freedom in exchange for helping Oliver).

For season 6 the people who are definitely safe are: SA, EBR, DR, JH, RG, WH, KC, EK, PB who have been confirmed that they'd be coming back next season. 

For season 7 onwards I can honestly only see SA, EBR, DR being safe. Everyone else is a toss-up. 

• Love 10

I have a hard time believing JH & RG got more than 1 season contract. 

13 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

I'm not concerned that they are writing off those contracted as regulars for S6.  That said the only 3 IMO who are definitely safe are SA, JH & RG.  One is the titular character. The other 2 were just promoted.  MG isn't going to tell people that they are out (if they are) before the cliffhanger.  I tend to think the cliffhanger might thin the ranks of guest stars whose characters are still in limbo and not only through death (i.e. Slade could get his freedom in exchange for helping Oliver).

46 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

I have a hard time believing JH & RG got more than 1 season contract. 

1 or 2 years at most.  Once you get later in a series run the contracts get shorter so as not to keep the network/studio on the hook.