Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

Same @Velocity23 every season I see people freaking out over the possibility of Felicity or Diggle dying, and I just don't see that happening. On top of that, it seems MG goes out of his way to show us they're safe. I don't know any other show that will do that.

Now that it is 100% confirmed that Manu is back, i wonder why they seem to be using a body double unless it is him under the suit trying to keep people guessing. Im also curious to see how he doesn't go straight for the jugular since it seems like he's team Oliver. 

Wonder if Manu went over this script with a fine toothedcomb making sure he doesn't have a repeat of s3.

1 hour ago, Midnight Lullaby said:

He said he picked that one "to fuck with you", so because he is an ass? LOL

Ah, I see. I didn't read most of his responses and the full response wasn't showing up on my ipad. So that makes sense. 

Edited by Angel12d

Oliver clearly doesn't think it's real since he planned an entire wedding with another woman. Was Nyssa going to Cirque de Soleil into the ceremony during the objections part? I hope they deal with it for her sake and never mention that stupid storyline again. 

Edited by leopardprint
  • Love 2
8 minutes ago, leopardprint said:

Oliver clearly doesn't think it's real since he planned an entire wedding with another woman. Was Nyssa going to Cirque de Soleil into the ceremony during the objections part? I hope they deal with it for her sake and never mention that stupid storyline again. 

I figured it was a thing since MG said they're still married. I thought last season the answer was that it was a League-sanctioned thing and since there was no more League, there was no more marriage, but maybe that's something I'm confusing with fanon. 

12 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

I figured it was a thing since MG said they're still married. I thought last season the answer was that it was a League-sanctioned thing and since there was no more League, there was no more marriage, but maybe that's something I'm confusing with fanon. 

You are right, he said the marriage ceased to exist because it existed only in the eyes of the league and it was disbanded. It would make sense for him to change his answer if they decided to address it..

• Love 1
30 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

Hopefully they take her presence as an opportunity for her to release him from their marriage since that's still a thing for whatever idiotic reason.

I just don't understand why they are saying that marriage was ever an actual thing, much less that it's still a thing Nyssa needs to release him from. Neither one of them fully consented to it, it was never consummated, the only society that recognized it is basically gone, and I highly doubt Oliver took the time between pretending to kill all his friends and getting on a plane with a plan that included his fiery plane crash death to run down to the local city hall and file papers to make it legal. 

• Love 7

Oh, I agree with you, @apinknightmare, I don't think the show treated it as something Oliver or Felicity is concerned about. I think Nyssa doesn't even seem to care except when it's to her advantage. I'm thinking this is MG just poking at the fans and hopefully not considering ever bringing this dumb joke of a marriage up again. Actually, I'm guessing there will be a throwaway line like:

Talia: "You'd go against your own sister"

Nyssa: "He's my husband."

(sad pacman noise)

Edited by leopardprint
  • Love 2

From his replies last year I thought he and the writers considered that dumb SL done but also the fans started questioning them when they made Nyssa bring it up last year for no reason so they might have changed their mind about forgetting about it.

Edited by Midnight Lullaby

I'm going to assume Nyssa's first episode back is going to be 5x21 probably? That's the one titled "Honor Thy Fathers," right?

I'm also guessing that the next finale announcement will be Boomerang since that's already out there thanks to the paps.

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, tv echo said:

EW has learned exclusively that Katrina Law will reprise her role as Nyssa al Ghul for multiple episodes that culminate in an epic fight between Nyssa and her half-sister Talia al Ghul (Lexa Doig) in the upcoming season 5 finale.

I don't get how it can be for multiple episodes unless she's there at the tail end of 522.  KL just arrived a few days ago, didn't she?

Maybe KL will shoot all her scenes at one time - like a flashback scene with LD (inserted into 522) and present day scenes with rest of cast for 523.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
13 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

I'm going to assume Nyssa's first episode back is going to be 5x21 probably? That's the one titled "Honor Thy Fathers," right?

I'm also guessing that the next finale announcement will be Boomerang since that's already out there thanks to the paps.

If she does appear in 521 they managed to keep that a big secret. Seems more likely 522/523 

Huh. I think I'm just going to stay in a state of confusion for now. There would be no reason for Manu to pretend he's not coming back if he is given that apparently it was confirmed to reporters yesterday that he was, right?  

Also, I completely forgot The Shannara Chronicles was renewed. 

He could be being awkward to get attention/reaction from fans I guess or as some sort of tactic with the producers, though I have no idea what that would be. He's a regular on Shannara. I guess he could fly in briefly in for a couple of days to film his bit. I think film goes on until next week sometime. Why would they bother trolling anyone, it's not vague teasing it was just an announcement? Unless this is some sort of extra desperate and bizarre attempt to get people to tune in

It's weird because it makes zero sense for SA and MG to troll people about him coming back, and it also makes zero sense for him to deny that he's doing it after it's been announced. Like...why not run with that buzz when you get it? Surely it's the most anyone's talked about him in a while.

• Love 2

I mean, just the fact that Deathstroke is walking around Lian Yu in his old costume is weird. How nice of ARGUS to keep his suit right there so he can grab it whenever he wants.

This publicity stunt makes everyone involved look really dumb.

• Love 12
3 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

I mean, just the fact that Deathstroke is walking around Lian Yu in his old costume is weird. How nice of ARGUS to keep his suit right there so he can grab it whenever he wants.

I had the same thought about that and Boomerang and his gear yesterday. So did ARGUS just store everything in a closet next to their cells? Did Oliver steal everything from ARGUS before leaving for Lian Yu? Are these questions we're not supposed to ask?

• Love 2

I feel like the conversation between Talia and Nyssa is going to go like:

Talia: How can you support him?  He killed our father!

Nyssa: I know, I helped him do it.

Talia: How could you? Father was going to make you heir to the demon!

Nyssa:  Because he took it from me and he gave it to Oliver, and he didn't want it.

• Love 2
32 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

Either way having Slade not show his face for a long period of time is weird while he was walking with Oliver.

If it's not MB, he won't really speak either because he has a pretty distinctive voice. Judging from the Tommy hologram, they probably shouldn't try to splice old audio. So a silent, masked Deathstroke is going to follow Oliver around Lian Yu? 

@insomniadreams88 and @lemotomato, It's especially weird that they are both in costume and Oliver is not.

Edited by leopardprint
Just now, leopardprint said:

If it's not MB, he won't really speak either because he has a pretty distinctive voice. Judging from the Tommy hologram, they probably shouldn't try to splice old audio. So a silent, masked Deathstroke is going to follow Oliver around Lian Yu? 

Manu could record his dialogue from NZ that way he isnt returning but he is returning at the same time.

• Love 2

Argus also helpfully put the "OPEN" button to his sell right next to it. Even if only Thea's slim (dislocated) arm could reach it, it's not like they would *only* stash huge muscular guys in there and Slade is a hell of a manipulator. But that's why Waller is dead I suppose.

He could record dialogue but Slade is usually really crazy chatter to Oliver (and anyone he wants to hurt Oliver with) and it's harder to record that well without both actors interacting and if they did it via a souped up skype I think it would just sound odd. But it wouldn't be the first time a TV show has done it.

MB just sounds so determined that it's BS. If he was recording dialogue he's still agreed to be part of the show so I don't get why he's so emphatically bitchy about it. Especially as the only reason he wouldn't be filming in Van right now is because he's a regular on another show.

Edited by Featherhat

I think they are trolling and Manu isn't coming back but Deathstroke is. And it will be kind of amusing to see the Twitter melt down afterwards when certain fans realise they were trolled especially fans like this- exhibit A:

https://mobile.twitter.com/DdotShifty/status/851537772703866881

:D :D

Was there an official proper announcement that Manu was coming back, with quotes and everything though or just Marc and Stephen tagging Manu and people and media making the assumption that it meant he was coming back?

2 minutes ago, LeighAn said:

I think they are trolling and Manu isn't coming back but Deathstroke is. And it will be kind of amusing to see the Twitter melt down afterwards when certain fans realise they were trolled especially fans like this- exhibit A:

https://mobile.twitter.com/DdotShifty/status/851537772703866881

:D :D

Very possibly. But as I said Slade gets very crazy and chatty with Oliver/anyone associated with Oliver. What are they going to do have him hold up a sign saying he's done talking, more killing to everyone he meets? You might as well have Billy Wintergreen come back from the dead to book end things. That guy had one line in like 10 episodes.

• Love 1
Just now, Featherhat said:

Very possibly. But as I said Slade gets very crazy and chatty with Oliver/anyone associated with Oliver. What are they going to do have him hold up a sign saying he's done talking, more killing to everyone he meets? You might as well have Billy Wintergreen come back from the dead to book end things. That guy had one line in like 10 episodes.

They were able to use Deathstroke effectively in the 100th without Manu *shrug*

Considering I'm not a fan of the actor and to be honest I don't think Slade was the be all and end all of villains ever I kind of don't really think they need to use Deathstroke more then as a surprise apperance in some Villan versus hero free for all fight scene.

1 minute ago, LeighAn said:

They were able to use Deathstroke effectively in the 100th without Manu *shrug*

Considering I'm not a fan of the actor and to be honest I don't think Slade was the be all and end all of villains ever I kind of don't really think they need to use Deathstroke more then as a surprise apperance in some Villan versus hero free for all fight scene.

Using him as just a lifeless imaginative solider for a couple of seconds in the 100th is a lot different then using him in "real life". Is he going to be silent throughout the entire episode? Either you go full in or not at all.

• Love 5

I really don't know what to think anymore. I have always liked Manu and Deathstroke, but he comes across as a very unhinged guy on his Twitter account. I don't like saying it, but he needs to lay off the steroids. They are clearly messing with his brain chemistry. 

• Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, apinknightmare said:

It's weird because it makes zero sense for SA and MG to troll people about him coming back, and it also makes zero sense for him to deny that he's doing it after it's been annountced. Like...why not run with that buzz when you get it? Surely it's the most anyone's talked about him in a while.

I always figured Deathstroke would be a stunt man and they'd only bring Many back for a couple of scenes out of the costume and VO work.

I don't think any of the paps implied that the Deathstroke filming yesterday was Manu (I could be wrong). 

As for why he keeps denying it? I have no clue, unless it's because he doesn't want people to think he's filming if all he's doing is VO.

I find it hard to believe that SA or MG would tag him in a tweet if he wasn't involved in the episode. I can't remember a single instance of either of them ever doing that before and to be honest it wouldn't matter in  the least. Online shit like that doesn't translate into viewers or big time media unless it goes viral.

Edited by Morrigan2575
Just now, lemotomato said:

I wonder who are the two guys in tactical gear that are with newbies. Did they get backup from ARGUS?

Well Diggle and Lyla are suppose to have issues in 5x20 connected to Helix so my theory is that Diggle goes to Lyla for help shutting down Helix in order to free Felicity from their hold over her but Lyla sees them as such a dangerous threat that maybe she is as willing to go after Felicity as she is the others in Helix?

Maybe the conflict is from Diggle keeping information regarding Felicity's Helix activities from Lyla. Helix may have gone after Argus at some point at Lyla wants to take them down regardless of Felicity.

Edited by leopardprint
4 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

I don't know how I'll survive 519 and 520 *squeals with excitement*

Are we getting a longer trailer or is this it?

We are getting a sizzle reel but Marc wants a particular scene from the finale included in it before it's released and they apparently haven't filmed that yet.

4 minutes ago, LeighAn said:

We are getting a sizzle reel but Marc wants a particular scene from the finale included in it before it's released and they apparently haven't filmed that yet.

You do realise this means every morning I'll wake up and check to see if this thread has gone berserk. If it has I'll know we got the sizzle reel.

OMG THE EXCITEMENT I CANNOT DEAL!!!!!!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, LeighAn said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/DdotShifty/status/85153777270386688

Was there an official proper announcement that Manu was coming back, with quotes and everything though or just Marc and Stephen tagging Manu and people and media making the assumption that it meant he was coming back?

EW has confirmed that the actor will reprise his role as Slade Wilson, otherwise known as Deathstroke.

The number of people who seem to think that Samantha is okay and right because Oliver had sex with her shouldn't surprise me but ti does.  As much as I don't want, I hope that when Samantha shows up she and Felicity are BFFs just to put that trolling to rest.