Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

34 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Given DRs history, I think he might have accidentally spoiled something he wasn't supposed to. 

Probably.  I don't know how you spend a whole episode on the island where Oliver spent all that time with Slade and where he is supposedly now being held in an Argus cell and not have Deathstroke.  But this show often defies logic. 

If we are going back to the island I wonder if Sara is the ex-LOA member SA mentioned given her ties to the island.  CL would be done filming LOT - not sure how you get her off the ship (but I don't watch LOT so it might not be that hard).

• Love 4
13 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

I'm guessing that's just gonna be a mask and stunt man ala 508.

Agreed. If it was really MB, I don't think he'd have been actingly dickishly on Twitter earlier this week.

7 minutes ago, Mrs. de Winter said:

If we are going back to the island I wonder if Sara is the ex-LOA member SA mentioned given her ties to the island. 

I love this spec but the other two birds will suffer in comparison. 

• Love 2

If it's Sara, then that explains MGs statement about having to work it out with the actor. Of course, that would also apply to Manu Bennett but

37 minutes ago, bijoux said:

If it was really MB, I don't think he'd have been actingly dickishly on Twitter earlier this week.

1 minute ago, Cleanqueen said:

Maybe those Manu tweets were PR for his return or maybe he was still being a dick. 

Is he a method actor?

If not, perhaps Team Deathstroke had to honor his legacy by going in search of a replacement conveniently named Slade who is also an Australian sword expert. 

Has there been any rumblings of OG Canary filiming for Arrow? 

• Love 2

With all this talk of what they did/didn't intend to do romantically I am really surprised they didn't go full on GA/BC romance with Sara if they wanted to solve any comic canon issues. Sara kicked ass and had the skills to fight properly like BC should. Plus SA didn't give her stank face when they were together. I wouldn't have bothered watching the show because that pairing doesn't appeal to me (I don't care much for dark dude with issues hooking up with dark chick also with issues) but I would have thought other people would have been all over it, especially the dudebro audience they seem to love and the GA/BC shippers.  

• Love 2
Just now, Chaser said:

Maybe Prommy kills Slade and puts on his mask and outfit. That would be a shock. 

I can see that!

The way JS portrays him, he's so nuts I can see him doing that as a "I shall be your greatest nemesis Oliver Queen so I will get rid of the competition" kind of thing. Dude is insane!

• Love 1
20 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

With all this talk of what they did/didn't intend to do romantically I am really surprised they didn't go full on GA/BC romance with Sara if they wanted to solve any comic canon issues. Sara kicked ass and had the skills to fight properly like BC should. Plus SA didn't give her stank face when they were together. I wouldn't have bothered watching the show because that pairing doesn't appeal to me (I don't care much for dark dude with issues hooking up with dark chick also with issues) but I would have thought other people would have been all over it, especially the dudebro audience they seem to love and the GA/BC shippers.  

At the time, I don't think they were worried about appeasing the comic book dude bros because they (the cbdb) were still thinking Oliver would get together with Laurel when she got her black leather and so weren't vocal about it.  I think it wasn't till Oliver went off with Felicity in the convertible that they saw the writing on the wall and started getting very vocal.

And Sara didn't have the right name.

• Love 3
19 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

I think they'd already picked their horse (Olicity) by that time. By the time 2x13 was airing, they'd already been working toward the final episodes. I think she was always just meant to be a stall. And if they'd thought of doing more with the Oliver/Sara romance, the ratings tanking during that period would probably have convinced them away from it.

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, TwistedandBored said:

I feel like they do this every season. They always hype up OTA and Olicity during the second half the season or the last of 3 episodes of the season. It is like their thing now. 

Not last season though right?

Last season was super depressing!

36 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

At the time, I don't think they were worried about appeasing the comic book dude bros because they (the cbdb) were still thinking Oliver would get together with Laurel when she got her black leather and so weren't vocal about it.  I think it wasn't till Oliver went off with Felicity in the convertible that they saw the writing on the wall and started getting very vocal.

And Sara didn't have the right name.

Yeah the BC/GA forever! chatter didn't really get started until it became clear that Olicity wasn't only another stall and O/L continued to have no/very little interest in exploring their romantic relationship when she became BC. Also a lot of the S3 angst and S4 BMD, LL's death etc strengthened a lot of the calls from other areas against "the Olicity Soap Opera romance" which gave comicbros more momentum for Only Masks! Only BC!

I didn't dislike the Sara/Oliver relationship in 2B although it was noticeable that they were much less intimate once they got together and again when they broke up. I enjoy their friendship and understanding, so it would be great if CL really was coming back for an ep. Not sure what's going down in the LOT finale, but even if it ends on a cliff, they could always have her called back from earlier in the season and just have skipped over it on LOT I guess.

4 minutes ago, TwistedandBored said:

I feel like they do this every season. They always hype up OTA and Olicity during the second half the season or the last of 3 episodes of the season. It is like their thing now. 

Having often ignored it or actively written away from both things for the rest of the season. I expect S6 might be the same.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

OTA were the regulars featured in the last couple of eps stopping Darhk along with Lyla.

• Love 3

Having often ignored it or actively written away from both things for the rest of the season. I expect S6 might be the same.

I often get the impression that they are afraid to overuse the OTA for fear that it will make them not special, so they go the other way and avoid using them except for special times (like the end of a season) which by distancing them from each other takes away from what makes them special even faster IMO.  

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 13
12 minutes ago, Featherhat said:

Yeah. I expect show to not remember OTA during the first half and only use them during the second half too. 

13 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

No. They did it last season too. 

26 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

Diggle left but Felicity remained.  She was the only one who did standing by Oliver's side and we imagined Oliver and Felicity growing closer through the summer leading to them being together in s5.  The super depressing point was 505+.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Diggle left but Felicity remained.  She was the only one who did standing by Oliver's side and we imagined Oliver and Felicity growing closer through the summer leading to them being together in s5.  The super depressing point was 505+.

I think after driving into the sunset in S3, S4 ending was very meh to me. 505 just made me want to quit and cry!

• Love 1
2 hours ago, leopardprint said:

Is he a method actor?

If not, perhaps Team Deathstroke had to honor his legacy by going in search of a replacement conveniently named Slade who is also an Australian sword expert. 

Has there been any rumblings of OG Canary filiming for Arrow? 

I know you were joking, but I've heard the Manu was a little method in season 2 and freaked out people with his intensity.It gave us his Slade Wilson, so can't complain on that front, but it might have been scary to work with.

17 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

Just had a thought:

They aren't going to announce Pantry Moth as a regular are they? Because the actress is no longer on Suits.

I'd take 10 LL over one Pantry Moth!

They can't possibly be that dumb. Oliver's kid isn't even that dumb. 

4 hours ago, Mellowyellow said:

I don't know if Sara was always supposed to be a temp LI or if they were testing the waters at some point, but I think they realized that having two tortured characters in a relationship was too much, especially with one being the title character. They were too much alike, and that's not interesting to watch generally. And with characters like Oliver and Sara it would have gotten too heavy. You need some levity to balance out the angst. 

• Love 6
23 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

They aren't going to announce Pantry Moth as a regular are they? Because the actress is no longer on Suits.

Season 6 will feature a love triangle between Oliver, Tinah and Susan. 

• Love 5
1 minute ago, leopardprint said:

Season 6 will feature a love triangle between Oliver, Tinah and Susan. 

That was meeeeeeean!!! I may have deserved that for my tin foil hat tendencies but that was still meeeeean! *puts on tin foil hat and looks around suspiciously until the announcement is made*

• Love 2

LOL Mellowyellow I'll keep my super tragic Felicity island crack spec to myself so as not to further traumatize you. 

As far as we know, shady Susan will be gone very soon to shade elsewhere. 

Edited by leopardprint
2 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

The word tragic is in the spec.  I bet you can guess the blanks, lol.

Ooh of that's what I think it is I've thought of it myself. Mine is super crazy though so I keep that kind of crazy to myself!

• Love 2

Haha now I think I oversold it. 

Chase kidnaps Felicity and disables/removes her chip and leaves her on Lian Yu, alone and paralyzed, and sends the chip to Oliver.

There was an EP quote that randomly and nonsensically made me think of that but I can't find it.

Edited by leopardprint
6 minutes ago, leopardprint said:

Chase kidnaps Felicity and disables/removes her chip and leaves her on Lian Yu, alone and paralyzed, and sends the chip to Oliver.

There was an EP quote that randomly and nonsensically made me think of that but I can't find it.

Yours is pretty tragic but mine is definitely waaaaay more tin foil crazy!

Lol, I actually don't have any kind of island theory tragic or otherwise, just tossed it out to tease you. 

Meanwhile, there are places where they are bracing themselves for the coming Apocalicity, hahahahaha!

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Mellowyellow said:

Just had a thought:

No one could be that stupid to think she should stick around. 

52 minutes ago, leopardprint said:

They'd have to remember the chip exists for that to happen. I would think they would've brought up what happened to her in 513 if they had any plans related to the chip. 

9 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

Lol, I actually don't have any kind of island theory tragic or otherwise, just tossed it out to tease you. 

Meanwhile, there are places where they are bracing themselves for the coming Apocalicity, hahahahaha!

I just spat out a mouthful of tea!!!! That is freaking hilarious!!!!!!

• Love 2

I can't see them keeping Snoozan. If they had carried on making her the one we love to hate, because of her shadieness at least there would be traffic to her character- albeit negative. But unless a 'gotcha' moment comes soon, then making her 'good' (bland) just falls so flat. It's created apathy, and it they just let it whimper out then it was just another misstep. 

• Love 3

I'm wondering if all this stuff by Manu is either him being a grade A douche, or he's misdirecting to make his appearance a surprise. 

All I know is he owes the entire group of actors/crew an apology for his crudeness. 

In response to the Sara comments upthread... remember that MG tumblr post about how 95% of their hate mail for S2 was against Sara becoming BC/replacing Laurel?  That, plus the rumored contract issues with KC, are probably why they chose not to go with Sara as BC.

Based on DR's HVFF comments, I think that they want Deathstroke in the finale, but they're still negotiating with Manu Bennett.

Also, based on DR's HVFF comments about how there are so many stories to tell, I'm pretty sure that Team Arrow is going to permanently expand by one or two characters next season - most likely, Tinah and Wild Dog. (I'm assuming Curtis remains on the team as well.)

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, EmilyBettFan said:

I'm wondering if all this stuff by Manu is either him being a grade A douche, or he's misdirecting to make his appearance a surprise. 

I do think MB is a douche but I also think his little twitter rant could've been a misdirect. It's kind of working? No one possibly thinks Slade would be back because of the way MB is acting. 

I also thought it was strange that SA replied to him too. IDK, it felt intentional to me. So I really wouldn't be surprised if we do see Slade/MB back in the finale and not just some random dude in a Deathstroke suit.

Obviously it's entirely possible I'm reading into things because I do that a lot. Haha.

• Love 2

It's possible it could be a misdirect in terms of trash talk before Slade reappears but it feels a bit too personal to me.  SA may have replied because they're negotiating with MB right now but I don't think Manu's doing himself any favors.

Speaking of apathy...

-- DR: A lot of new blood, right? ... I mean, at my booth, people were coming up like, 'oh, we want to see more of Spartan.' I'm like, 'well, you know, there's a lot of story to tell. Uh, oh, and next season, there's so much story! You guys like the new recruits? Really, honestly, don't give me - you like the new recruits? (Mixed reaction and very little clapping) Well, there's new blood. You got to flesh out those stories. I said it a million times. I think Warner Brothers, CW, and the writers and cast agree, I think the strength of the show is Oliver, Diggle, Felicity. (Some fans cheer loudly and clap) I think everyone agrees with that. And I think that's always going to be the core. But there's a lot of other story to tell. There's, um, some stuff they're going to get into with, uh, like I said, Dyla, Black Siren - (No real fan reaction except for someone going, 'whoo' and 'oh really?') ... There's a lot of stuff still yet to be told. I mean, what's great about the show is that these characters are so rich, a lot of them in their back story that we're creating on Arrow, that you can spend three or four episodes on one character, right? So there's a lot of stuff that you can tell."

Granted this is far from being a random sample but there's not much love for the n00bs and Black Siren.  It's inevitable that we'll be stuck with them though.  I'm surprised he mentioned Black Siren though. I guess she's going to be coming back too.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 1