Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

1 minute ago, BkWurm1 said:

I'm liking the spec too much.  Stop it so I'm not horribly disappointed by reality.  ;)

If I was writing a season of no Olicity and wanted to tamper down the rage I'd redo 3x07 and have them make out against a wall. 

But then again it's these writers so be prepared to be horribly disappointed!

Did I read somewhere that some of these writers also write for Quantico (*laughs like a banshee*) or did I make that up after the trauma of season 4?

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Mellowyellow said:

Did I read somewhere that some of these writers also write for Quantico (*laughs like a banshee*) or did I make that up after the trauma of season 4?

Addicted to flashbacks and gotcha moments?  Sounds about right.  

• Love 5

IN 5.10  BLACK SIREN will surely be confronted by  tina,  oliver and felicity will see in tina a possibe new  canary, And they will make sure to recruit despite that she does not like the vigiantes

Edited by spartan

As someone who actually likes WD even I'm surprised by how much they push him. I can only assume they have plans for him much like they did for Ray/ATOM.

Although, I think Arrow is his best fit as far as skills and personality. 

• Love 2
On 11/2/2016 at 7:06 PM, dtissagirl said:

For comparison - are the pod person's clothes the same as what Oliver's wearing above? Diggle's shirt seems to be the same as what Oliver's wearing.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

I no longer believe that Adrian Chase is Prometheus. This season is supposed to be all about legacy, but it's more like the season of doppelgängers when it comes to Oliver (not to mention Black Canary)...

-- Oliver’s hypocrisies will be further explored in 507, when GA tangles with a character named (appropriately) Vigilante, a gun-blazing mirror twin of Oliver’s darker-than-dark dark knight days as “The Hood” in S1. And look for the show to further interrogate Oliver’s queasy policy on killing as S5 progresses, particularly in the second half, in which Oliver will be made to confront the sum of his moral ambiguity. (Nov. 10, 2016 Entertainment Weekly article, page 190 of Starling City Times thread)

-- WM: "Even though Prometheus is a known foe to Green Arrow, what we really want to do this year is have someone who is a dark mirror to Oliver." (Sep. 19, 2016 S5 "A Sneak Peek" video, page 44 of Spoilers thread)
-- The big bad, a shrouded, star-throwing psycho named Prometheus, is essentially another Dark Arrow doppelganger and appears to be a sin from Oliver’s past come back to haunt him. (Nov. 10, 2016 Entertainment Weekly article, page 190 of Starling City Times thread)

Edited by tv echo
7 minutes ago, looptab said:

I hope Felicity will have on sensible shoes when she's bursting that door open.

Doubtful. She has those nude studded pumps on in the warehouse with the same dress and coat. 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, bijoux said:

Now that I'm paying attention to it, Sara seems to be wearing the same.

Did they make them all change into the same outfit or did the aliens redress our heroes? I hope it's the latter. 

Someone on Tumblr decided Carter Bowen was Prometheus. I'm down with that theory. ;)

• Love 5
11 minutes ago, calliope1975 said:

Someone on Tumblr decided Carter Bowen was Prometheus. I'm down with that theory. ;)

Next someone's going to suggest Prometheus is Max Fuller. He decided that owning a club and suiting up go hand-in-hand. He's still mad about Oliver sleeping with his fiancee at the rehearsal dinner. (That's really how that conversation between Chase and Oliver about Chase's girlfriend fits into the rest of the season.)

(Not at all serious.)

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

Next someone's going to suggest Prometheus is Max Fuller. He decided that owning a club and suiting up go hand-in-hand. He's still mad about Oliver sleeping with his fiancee at the rehearsal dinner. (That's really how that conversation between Chase and Oliver about Chase's girlfriend fits into the rest of the season.)

(Not at all serious.)

Nope.  Sin is Prometheus!  She found out that the deaths of everyone she's cared about trace back to Oliver (her dad, Sara, Roy). 

[LOL]

4 hours ago, tv echo said:

-- The big bad, a shrouded, star-throwing psycho named Prometheus, is essentially another Dark Arrow doppelganger and appears to be a sin from Oliver’s past come back to haunt him. (Nov. 10, 2016 Entertainment Weekly article, page 190 of Starling City Times thread)

• Love 6

I wonder how many guys had their girls cheat on them with Oliver.  There must be quite a line up.

6 hours ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Yes because only the "dude bros" like the current season.  Right?

I'm not saying that only they do but there have been a number of complaints about this season, both here and elsewhere.

MG and BFS tweeted "thanks for the great review" to only two reviewers, the guy at the AV Club, who is keen on the newbies and has said a few times that he's glad that Felicity is now back in her proper role of comic relief, and Russ B. (I can't remember his last name) who pretty much feels the same way.  Now there's going to be a Facebook Q&A with Rick G.  I don't know who's going to be there but I'm not because I can't stand the character.  TV Line is not a representative sample of the fandom but it's as close as I can see and there less than 15% of responders want to keep Wild Dog.

The people who show up for the Q&A will probably be excited about Wild Dog and his storyline (otherwise why watch) and what's going to happen with the noobs this season and MG will take away from that that viewers like the new team and are excited about Wild Dog.  In psychology, it's know as confirmation bias.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 10

The people who show up for the Q&A will probably be excited about Wild Dog and his storyline (otherwise why watch) and what's going to happen with the noobs this season and MG will take away from that that viewers like the new team and are excited about Wild Dog.  In psychology, it's know as the confirmation bias.

Yeah, I see it every day.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 5
39 minutes ago, calliope1975 said:

That's his name. I was thinking a couple of days ago that Hey, maybe it's that dude that was always being compared with Oliver!

I also like the idea of Max Fuller mostly because I  enjoy the actor who played him. 

• Love 2
32 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

(Not at all serious.)

Season one, rival with a grudge already who likely had his hand in shady stuff.  Hey, it's not that crazy.  It's just we wouldn't feel bad.  Same with Carter Bowen.  

• Love 2

The article also says that the 100th episode is the 3rd episode of the crossover, but that's not exactly right. MG mentioned earlier that they included Tommy somehow in the episode, but couldn't actually get CD on set

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 2
36 minutes ago, tv echo said:

On Arrow's 100th episode - from print issue of new TV Guide Magazine (Nov. 21-Dec. 4, 2016 Double Issue, with TWD cover)...

-- WM: "We are actually going back to look at what Oliver's life would be like if he hadn't gotten on [his father's ship] the Gambit." 

-- AK: "There was some concern online that the crossover would overshadow the celebratory [nature] of the 100th episode... And I want to assure everybody that this episode is a love letter to fans of Arrow. There are special guest stars, nods to the past, returning villains and friends. It's an amazing episode and will feel ike the 100th episode."

-- Among those returning friends set to appear are dead characters: Moira Queen, Robert Queen, Tommy Merlyn and Laurel Lance.

Arrow_TVGuide112116to120416.jpg

I don't recall clearly anymore... Was Oliver already cheating on Laurel with Sara before he went on the boat trip? Or was the boat trip the first time hook-up for Oliver and Sara? If they were already hooking up before, then would this AU Oliver be marrying Laurel while still sleeping with her sister on the side?

ETA: Maybe they used old footage of Colin Donnell? Here are the previous Tommy/100th episode spoilers...

-- When asked for a hint about Arrow's 100th episode, MG: "I would love to hint something new, but I will say, we came up with a way to get - there are actors who we couldn't have in the episode because we couldn't make their schedules work, um, because they were busy off doing other things - [COUGH]Colin Donnell[COUGH]Chicago Med[COUGH] - um, uh, and if it works, I think we got a way to actually get them in the episode or at least represented in a way that sorta honors their participation in the previous 99 episodes. So I'm excited about that. It's a real love letter to the fans... It's everything a 100th episode should be. It also happens to be the middle episode of our three-part crossover. And it actually does, I think, a good job in both." (Oct. 7, 2016 The Hollywood Reporter article, page 480 of Social Media thread)
-- Per SA, CD will not be back for the 100th episode. SA: "There’s a nice nod to Colin, but he’s literally a series regular on another show... We tried to make it work, but we couldn’t make it work.” Also, Raisa the maid will not be back for the 100th episode. (Oct. 24, 2016 GATV article, page 47 of Spoilers thread)

Edited by tv echo
15 hours ago, tv echo said:

I don't recall clearly anymore... Was Oliver hooking up with Sara before he went on the boat trip? Or was the boat trip the first time for the two of them? If they were already hooking up, then would this AU Oliver be marrying Laurel while still sleeping with her sister on the side?

Yes, they were hooking up for a few months prior to the boat trip, I believe?

This scenario is basically what I anticipated once spoilers started to come out, so the questions that remain for me are:

1) Are they all under a shared delusion (assuming that the five people in the photo above are all in this dream scenario--or at least Oliver, Thea, Sara)? Are they aware that this world they're in is not right, or when/how do they become aware?

2) How badly are the writers going to handle this? Will it be a realistic imagining of Oliver's life had he never gone on the Gambit? Where he is still a douche who never stopped cheating on Laurel, and his family is a mess, etc. etc.? Or will it be a retcon like 419?

3) How do they ultimately get out?

Edited by Carrie Ann
  • Love 5

From Rick Gonzalez's facebook Q&A today at CW Arrow - ???...

On whether we can expect Wild Dog to go on a date with Thea, RG said that he read those scenes as moments where Wild Dog was being selfish and going after something he likes. RG then added: "He's not shying away from wanting that - that connection with her, but, um, will she reciprocate? That's another story. So it'll be interesting to see if that even happens, you know, um, which is - which is great. But I will say that there's going to be a lot of other different connections for Wild Dog to encounter in this season that I - that I know about that's going to be awesome. So yeah, it's going to be great."

Edited by tv echo
2 minutes ago, tv echo said:

But I will say that there's going to be a lot of other different connections for Wild Dog to encounter in this season that I - that I know about that's going to be awesome. So yeah, it's going to be great."

Hmmm....back to the Tina theory? Unless there's other guest stars going beyond 513 that we just don't know about yet?

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, tv echo said:

From Rick Gonzalez's facebook Q&A today at CW Arrow - ???...

On whether we can expect Wild Dog to go on a date with Thea, RG said that he read those scenes as moments where Wild Dog was being selfish and going after something he likes. RG then added: "He's not shying away from wanting that - that connection with her, but, um, will she reciprocate? That's another story. So it'll be interesting to see if that even happens, you know, um, which is - which is great. But I will say that there's going to be a lot of other different connections for Wild Dog to encounter in this season that I - that I know about that's going to be awesome. So yeah, it's going to be great."

Hmm, interesting. Yes, my first thought was maybe Tina, but "a lot of other different connections" makes me wonder if we're going to get more casting news for some new recurring characters. We haven't had any of those in a while, and they do seem to love new characters this season.

Considering they seem to be pushing WD above the other recruits, meaning we'll have to keep seeing a lot of him, I just hope that whatever's coming up for him makes him more likable. 

I only just watched the crossover promo and LOL at the aliens CGI. Hehe. 

Always happy to see Felicity in the field though. Still on board with her learning how to shoot a gun for times like these but that will never happen. Sigh.

Edited by Guest

If Oliver is showing up at the 3x07 Redux that could indicate he is aware of the alt world and is looking for Felicity. Or that Oliver is madly in love with Felicity too.

Could also be way there is such an odd expression on Sara's face (assuming that wasn't just an awkward shot).

• Love 1

A couple of notes after watching the sneak peek from tonight: 

1. Has Rene ever called Felicity by name? I feel like he always calls her "Blondie."

2. They're calling Mayo and the reporter Felicity's boyfriend and Oliver's girlfriend more times in the span of 1-2 episodes than they ever referred to Oliver and Felicity as such when they were together. 

• Love 7

I haven't watched the last couple episodes, but I keep reading about Reporter being Oliver's GF. Have they actually gone on a date? Why would Oliver making nice with a reporter constitute all the girlfriend talk from Thea and Felicity?

No they have not gone on a date. They've had one scene together (that I can recall) in 506.  The other stuff from 505 was Human Target.  The girlfriend comments are because Felicity and Thea referred to her as his girlfriend not exactly supportive way

And Oliver said that he hadn't done anything with her "yet".

They really are pushing Malone as Felicity's bf.  I fondly remember the days when she got information by hacking into SCPD's database.

Rory wins my heart once again by being quiet and thoughtful, this time by quoting Moby Dick to Oliver instead of lecturing him or lashing out at him as the other three do.

• Love 3
31 minutes ago, Chaser said:

I haven't watched the last couple episodes, but I keep reading about Reporter being Oliver's GF. Have they actually gone on a date? Why would Oliver making nice with a reporter constitute all the girlfriend talk from Thea and Felicity?

When the Human Target was posing as Oliver, he charmed the reporter and she gave him her personal number and then the Human Target urged Oliver to call her since, hey by the way your ex is totes moved on.  And then the one time real Oliver had a scene with Susan, she reminded him she was waiting for him to call and ask her out and when Thea pointed out why Oliver actually doing that would be a terrible idea, Oliver did not fully agree.  So at the very least, he is thinking about dating her.  

#DialogueTease "The world is a complex place. Who’s to say who is the monster, and who’s a hero?" #Vigilante #Arrow

Pretty dull dialogue tease.  Don't they usually do better?

Edited by BkWurm1

So Flash ends with a bunch of them getting kidnapped and put in dream world and they're minds are messed with so they believe that's the real reality.  Then things start to shake up and they break lose.  While back in real world, Felicity and Team Arrow + Team Flash are trying to stop the Aliens.  Works for me

• Love 6