Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

4 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

How does Tina fit into that? If she becomes Oliver LI in 511, there's no time to deal with it and end it before Feb sweeps.

It occurred to me that eps 10 - 12 have always been Laurel/Black Canary eps each season. I guess Tina is taking care of that in s5.

I don't think Tina is a LI for Oliver, I said from when I saw the first audition takes that I thought she was for Wild Dog and I still do.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Laurel is not wearing a ring on the ring finger of her left hand, leaving it conveniently empty. 

She has an engagement ring on her left ring finger - you can see the top of the diamond near the edge of the mirror on the lefthand side. She also has a really thin silver or diamond ring on her right ring finger. Rings freaking everywhere. 

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I don't think Tina is a LI for Oliver, I said from when I saw the first audition takes that I thought she was for Wild Dog and I still do.

At first I thought she was for Wild Dog and that still makes more sense but then 505 happened with Oliver going to explore what's out there for him.

Also, the names on the sides were 'Oliver' and 'Tina', and if Tina was right, I'm afraid Oliver will be too.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

At first I thought she was for Wild Dog and that still makes more sense but then 505 happened with Oliver going to explore what's out there for him.

Also, the names on the sides were 'Oliver' and 'Tina', and if Tina was right, I'm afraid Oliver will be too.

Maybe, maybe not we won't know until it airs. But they've used fake sides at least twice before, once for Sara and once for Nyssa. The one for Nyssa has her in a romantic scene with Oliver and it turned out to be Sara. 

Edited by Morrigan2575

Why would Wild dog get random LI? He isn't main character. And why are people convinced Tina is for WD? It doesn't make sense. Especially now, when is all about Oliver. This is his season.

And when will EP realize every women don't need to be love interest, grrr. She can be just awesome by herself. No men to validate her. 

Edited by Lidach

So Oliver is gonna sleep with the reporter and then have a thing with Tina, but because Wild Dog threw some lines at Thea, that means they couldnt be working up to him getting a LI.

Its very obvious the EPs are pushing hard for Wild Dog. Who knows what plans they have for him in the future. I am almost getting Sara s2  vibes with Wild Dog where she wasnt announced as a regular but was getting the emotional beats, the personal relationship beats and all these nice devolpment. Honestly i seen more development with him than they did with the 2 new regulars Josh Segarra and Echo.

• Love 4
14 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

Well they are certainly putting Tina in a lot of scenes where Rene/WildDog is present.

How do we know she's in a lot of scenes where he's present? Even if he is, I don't think that means much.

If she's a Canary 3.0, I can't imagine them not trying to at least test Arrow/Canary again.

10 minutes ago, lemotomato said:
I don't really believe him, but at least he's nice about it, unlike the others?

Yeah, I'm kind of more prone to at least not roll my eyes too hard at him, since a bunch of his tweets I would have been interested in seeing if this was 1,2,3 years ago, but whatever.

As for that tweet, his next episode is 510, which includes Felicity presumably in a scene with Prometheus from the filming schedule/EBR's pic IIRC, so I'll bite, I'm interested in that.

Edited by way2interested
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, way2interested said:

As for that tweet, his next episode is 510, which includes Felicity presumably in a scene with Prometheus from the filming schedule/EBR's pic IIRC, so I'll bite, I'm interested in that.

Hopefully that's something cool and doesn't end up just being something from BTS filming of that day or something. And maybe 510 is going to be what kicks off Felicity's 5B arc?

• Love 1
1 minute ago, insomniadreams88 said:

Hopefully that's something cool and doesn't end up just being something from BTS filming of that day or something. And maybe 510 is going to be what kicks off Felicity's 5B arc?

Like 99% of bts from EBR is from a scene that she's in, so I do have a bit more hope for that. As for 510 kicking off Felicity's 5b arc, if the bf ends up being gone in 509, I could definitely see that happening. If not...well, I'll see. 

• Love 2

Perhaps Tina isn't necessarily for anyone? They get a lot of flack for always having the females be love interests. maybe they just want to test her out for a bit to see who she gels with on the show before writing any romantic storylines for her. Again the character is just recurring and based on viewership perception they might make her a recurring character. And we know that Amell literally only has romantic chemistry with Emily so no need to worry about that one.

5 minutes ago, Cleanqueen said:

And we know that Amell literally only has romantic chemistry with Emily so no need to worry about that one.

I disagree. I think he's had decent chemistry with most of the people he's been paired with besides KC (and Carly Pope, but they've barely interacted so that's not a surprise), even if I do prefer the chemistry between O/F to other pairings. I don't think Tina is planned as a long-term love interest for Oliver, or even a long-term character on this show, but if the writers continue not to write a story for O/F through 509, then I do assume she will be a short-term LI for him. I will be surprised (happily!) if they don't repeat the short-term LI patterns of S1 and 2 here (Helena (bad) / McKenna (good but wrong); Isabel (bad) / Sara (good but wrong)).

• Love 2

I have seen a theory in Tumblr: Human Target is Prometheus and Det. Mayo. Details to support this: Boyfriend doesn't use his right arm (the one cut by Evelyn) to embrace Felicity after she tells her secret. Chance knew Oliver but said nothing and mentioned Oliver preferring being The Hood. Both men are similar.

Thoughts?

Could you provide any info on the 100th episode of Arrow? — Kylie
The 100th episode is truly a love letter to the fans. “It feels like the 100th issue of a comic book, perhaps even more so than the 100th episode of a television show,” EP Marc Guggenheim says. Just to note, Glenn died in the 100th issue of The Walking Dead, so that comment has me a little worried. “You know me, I always want everyone worried,” Guggenheim adds coyly.

I thought it was supposed to be a love letter to the fans. It was stupid of me assume I am still watching a tv show. 

• Love 8

I can't help but wonder what they would've done differently if the 100th episode hadn't been part of the crossover. (Like say, the crossover fell earlier or later in the season.) Would they have tried to do something similar anyway so they could bring back everyone they wanted to make it what they consider "a love letter to the fans"? Would that have affected the crossover story? Oh the questions and possibilities... 

Nah, for Guggie, AK and Belanti, it's always about the comic book they're writing. Characterization seems to be a happy accident.

Venn diagram time --  with Arrow, there are the comic book fans, and there are the fans of the show.  The two do not necessarily equate. 

2 hours ago, emarasmoak said:

I have seen a theory in Tumblr: Human Target is Prometheus and Det. Mayo. Details to support this: Boyfriend doesn't use his right arm (the one cut by Evelyn) to embrace Felicity after she tells her secret. Chance knew Oliver but said nothing and mentioned Oliver preferring being The Hood. Both men are similar.

Oooh, I like the point that he doesn't use his right arm when he embraces Felicity.  But I doubt Ritter is a good enough actor to be really menacing once we find out who Prometheus is.  He's even worse than Matt Nable. 

I don't think it's Human Target though, the actor just announced that he was going to be recurring after the episode aired. If he was going to be Prometheus, they would have booked him for the season from the start.  Chance would have found out about Oliver being The Hood when he did the deep investigation on him.

Edited by statsgirl

I still believe the 100th is a love letter to the show not the fans. As in, TPTB believe it's fabulous because the more masks the merrier. This fan is more interested in relationships, character growth, and a recognition of the things that made Arrow special to me. I'm skeptical that I'll be seeing that in the 100th. 

• Love 10
7 hours ago, way2interested said:

Like 99% of bts from EBR is from a scene that she's in, so I do have a bit more hope for that. As for 510 kicking off Felicity's 5b arc, if the bf ends up being gone in 509, I could definitely see that happening. If not...well, I'll see. 

I'd be very surprised if he was in 509.  It's just too packed IMO.  

3 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

I'd be very surprised if he was in 509.  It's just too packed IMO.  

Except for 506, when he was in 2 scenes, Mayo's only been in 1 scene each episode he's in. So they can easily fit in a quick break-up/death/whatever they have planned to end his role on the show. Didn't we have a BTS photo of him and WD from 509? 

• Love 1
26 minutes ago, way2interested said:

Yeah, like @insomniadreams88 mentioned, he's in 509 since he was in a pic with RG for presumably 509, but I'm hoping for a reveal/death *twist* for him in 509.

Since Malone now knows Felicity works with GA.  I'm thinking that SAs comment from the 100th Episode Party was foreshadowing Malone's death.

12 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Since Malone now knows Felicity works with GA.  I'm thinking that SAs comment from the 100th Episode Party was foreshadowing Malone's death.

Yep, that plus killing the other ACU guy plus now Prometheus messing with/framing Lance (presumably messing with TA) points him dying to me.

In 5.05 Human Target as Oliver gets Susan Williams to agree to no hit jobs (news) on the Mayor for a month.  It just dawned on me that a month would be 5.09.  Any ideas on what happens?  Does she just realize he's a good guy and goes silently into the night?  Does something bad happen to her?  

19 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

I'm guessing less than 5 minutes on Flash (310) to show that she escapes and goes to Star City. I think that's why Barry/Oliver have a scene in 510. Barry warns Oliver that Black Siren escaped then she's on Arrow for about 5ish minutes. 

Meh. Whatever. 

• Love 8

So I'm guessing Oliver sees BS in 510. He then conveniently remembers LL asking him to replace her, which leads him to seek out potential nuCanary in 511. 

How this plays out BTS could be highly entertaining as some viewers have an expectation that LL is back in present day as a result of flashpoint (as described by WM) and KC will be returning permanently.  This probably won't end well. 

• Love 1

I checked MG's Twitter - for some reason I can't find the cover in the Spoilers Only thread (maybe it's bacause the page takes so long to load the images) -  and the last cover he posted for Arrow is of 511, "Second Chances", and that's the episode that finishes shooting on the 14th. Didn't Stephen mention ep 512? Anyway, wow, they're late.

Edited by looptab
  • Love 1