Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

4 minutes ago, Carrie Ann said:

I know Ryan McGee did (though he doesn't really review The Flash), but I don't think Sepinwall did? I'm not sure.

You're right.  I got the reviewer wrong.  Sepinwall just said he would  check back later but hasn't done an actual review since the premiere.

57 minutes ago, Thundercatmary said:

I wish one of the Arrow characters would ask what I think is an obvious question, when finding out about baby Sara being erased, of who exactly is keeping an eye on Barry to make sure he doesn't accidentally erase someone else lol.

I want to see Barry on trial for his actions, with a prosecutor (Malcolm Merlyn?) and judge and Iris and the rest of his friends can crown the defense attorney table, and the judge pronounce sentence for his actions.  Maybe that he is under house arrest and is only allowed to speed when in pursuit of a bad guy and hobbled otherwise.

6 hours ago, statsgirl said:

I'm still hoping it's going to be Det. Mayo.   WM said that he's unlike anyone Felicity has dated before (being a true villain would be worse than Cooper who fell into ti accidentally and both Oliver and Ray are on the side of fighting bad guys like a cop is), and that he's a straight-shooter and she hopes we grow to like him.  It would be just like that to take someone they have told us again and again is a good guy and reveal that he's bad.  They would think they're sooooo clever.

Yeah, this is what I keep going back to.  The need to have Mayo as the designated connection to the cops just doesn't ring true to me since even though Lance isn't at the SCPD anymore, he's on Oliver's team and still has all his contacts and because of his position, would have the authority to get the info he'd need.  Or Oliver could be his own police connection since he in the first episode declared he was personally overseeing the special team formed to fight crime.

That leaves Tiny Hand's main importance as Felicity's boyfriend and since they didn't give them an origin story or ANY build up, I can't believe there was any intention to make that relationship have real importance.  

So why is Mayo really on the show?  Well, if he just vanishes after the show pivots to giving Oliver a love interest, then, so be it, purpose is obvious, but it doesn't sound like he's going anywhere.  

So that IMO opens the real possibility of him being an early plant for a later big gotcha moment.  Gasp, you though he was just bland nice guy?  No, he's the big bad!  Which, remember is EXACTLY what they did on The Flash last year and how often has Flash stolen plot lines from Arrow?  Turn about is fair play.

5 hours ago, Angel12d said:

I hope it's not Mayo Bread though. He's not the right actor. So far he's had no screen presence at all. I do hope he works for Prometheus though. At least it'll make him something more than some bland stale loaf of bread that Felicity happens to date for some reason I still don't know.

I agree he lacks gravitas but I can imagine him pull off a kind of petulant screech which fits IMO with someone that places all the blame on someone else.  Someone that probably actually believes he IS a good guy, it's just that the Arrow pushed him to do this.  

If he specifically targeted Felicity, maybe he would even convince himself that he's saving her and really loves her -also a copy of what they did with Jay on the Flash.  Most of my theory hangs on Mayo actually knowing her connection to the Arrow even if he didn't know Oliver was the Arrow, but given that the task force guy killed will get Tiny Hands on the team and thus, close to Oliver, he probably does know his secret, but is waiting while he sets his plan in motion, whatever it is - probably something to discredit the public and private persona.

Adrian Chase does feel more likely to be a big bad but that makes me wonder if he's just the red herring.  

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

If he specifically targeted Felicity, maybe he would even convince himself that he's saving her and really loves her -also a copy of what they did with Jay on the Flash.  Most of my theory hangs on Mayo actually knowing her connection to the Arrow even if he didn't know Oliver was the Arrow, but given that the task force guy killed will get Tiny Hands on the team and thus, close to Oliver, he probably does know his secret, but is waiting while he sets his plan in motion, whatever it is - probably something to discredit the public and private persona.

Adrian Chase does feel more likely to be a big bad but that makes me wonder if he's just the red herring.  

With Chase though, even MG said that they're writing him with the comic fans in mind, that if you didn't know the comic references, you wouldn't know where the character is going. If they're going by his comic story line (and I saw someone else pass this theory on tumblr), I wonder if they'll go through the whole thing, where Chase goes unstable, is unmasked publicly, and then commits suicide, just sticking him with the Vigliante character and not making him the big bad at all. They could even parallel him to Oliver with Oliver becoming the more stable hero/public figure and even possibly unmasking himself.

I'm going with Prometheus knowing more about Oliver/GA connections and DTH only working for Prometheus (DTH knowing what Prometheus said, Prometheus killing one of the cops to put DTH on the anti-crime unit) and possibly dating Felicity as part of the plan. Or at least that's my crack theory so far.   

• Love 3

The only one of the newbies who is regular cast is the actor playing Chase.  The actors playing Wild Dog, Evelyn and Rory are all guest cast.  I know that doesn't mean much, CH and EBR were guest cast season one, but it does feel like Chase is supposed to have a bigger role on the show than the others.

31 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

Yeah, this is what I keep going back to.  The need to have Mayo as the designated connection to the cops just doesn't ring true to me since even though Lance isn't at the SCPD anymore, he's on Oliver's team and still has all his contacts and because of his position, would have the authority to get the info he'd need.  Or Oliver could be his own police connection since he in the first episode declared he was personally overseeing the special team formed to fight crime.

And don't forget Felicity hacked into the SCPD data base for the first three seasons.  They were doing fine without a cop on board.

There really seems to be no reason for Mayo at the moment other than bad soap opera.

• Love 9

Is Barry in 5.09? SA posted a BTS picture with Grant & his daughter at a bar set. He tweeted that he just shot his final scene and it destroyed him. He's so proud. Antonio Negret usually directs the more emotional episodes. Curious whether this is the Prometheus reveal or does it involve Black Siren (because of Barry's presence). Hoping Prometheus.

• Love 1
(edited)
36 minutes ago, bijoux said:

He's a regular. He got the "with" credit.

Untitled.png

Wow, that's unusual.  He's not a famous actor and he pulled a "with" end title?

6 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

Is Barry in 5.09? SA posted a BTS picture with Grant & his daughter at a bar set. He tweeted that he just shot his final scene and it destroyed him. He's so proud. Antonio Negret usually directs the more emotional episodes. Curious whether this is the Prometheus reveal or does it involve Black Siren (because of Barry's presence). Hoping Prometheus.

Well she's not in 509 and it's unlikely they'd set anything up for her in 509 since there's a month in between episodes. 

Edited by Morrigan2575

This pic was posted on SA's facebook page yesterday, but we don't know on what date it was taken (it could've been taken during the crossover filming)...

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
11 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

They're at Jitters. Maybe they were shooting pick up for The Flash portion of the crossover.

Mini rewatch of ep1 and I saw something, a new character beside Vigilante guy, is it maybe new recruit, possibly new canary for 5B? Plant story for future or just put there to fill the space on monitor? Anyway, just food for thought.  

NewBC.jpg

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, Lidach said:

Mini rewatch of ep1 and I saw something, a new character beside Vigilante guy, is it maybe new recruit, possibly new canary for 5B? Plant story for future or just put there to fill the space on monitor? Anyway, just food for thought.  

NewBC.jpg

She'd have the short shorts and it almost looks like fishnets but it's probably just a stunt person filling in like they did in 2-1 when the woman in black first popped on the screen.  So really could be something or nothing.  

Different topic, but I'd forgotten about Raisa, the Queen family RUSSIAN maid/nanny.  I have to assume that Oliver picked up a bit of Russian before he ever went to Russia.  Helps make his quick learning make more sense.  

• Love 1

There is no confirmation.

People are going off a few things: Laurel's words, MG saying that Oliver will focus on those words (something to that effect) in 5b, casting call for a young actress for 5x11 (recurring with potential for regular) and the leaked fake sides which read like a chemistry test.

I'm waiting for the casting announcement. I think that will have more details.

Edited by Chaser
  • Love 1

Also, in the ? BTS picture SA posted he has sides in his right hand. The romantic chemistry part of the sides we saw was based on "the lunge" in 2.13 with Sara. This character is over 18, an ex-marine turned kick boxer. Do we really think they are going to resist going there?

How do you know he was holding sides and not say the script for that episode? Or maybe he is holding his lunch order for the day?

Was it based on the lunge with Sara or was it the same sides used for Sara's audition? Is Oliver really the man she is chemistry testing with? Maybe its another Nyssa/Sara situation?

I'm not saying this show wouldn't go there, but everything is still speculation at this point.

• Love 1

I'm the one who saw it and pointed it out. You can clearly see "sides" on it. This photo was posted 9/27 and I believe the Tina sides info appeared around October 1. 

Edited by HighHopes
  • Love 1

I don't know what the sides are for either but timeframe wise it seems to fit. I would love to be wrong but I'm more of a realist. If I am correct I would expect them to hold off on the casting announcement for a bit. More than one group is going to be unhappy and I think media might overlook the ?, MSF & KC's return. Then again this is the CW. It might get their target audience back so the sooner the better.

Just now, apinknightmare said:

When you see someone holding something in a pic, the first thing you do is see if you can read what's on said thing, haha. 

Usualy I do too, but I completely overlooked that he was holding something, haha. Maybe because David's forearm and calves were on display. :D

Just now, HeroLeague said:

MSF?

Mary Sylvie Frasier - the actress who plays Raisa.

Well, KC is back for 510 so it's probably about Black Siren or whoever. She looks like Laurel but she's EVIL. Mwahahaha. You know they won't be able to resist!

Edited by Guest
(edited)

Considering BTS the Black Siren episode wouldn't the title apply more to her than Amnesia.

I'm honestly not sure what SA having "sides" in a Vancouver OTA phot has to do with a possible casting call going on in LA. If it was a chem test or anything like that SA would be in LA for it, nit on set in Vancouver.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 7
3 minutes ago, looptab said:

So, based on the MSP title, I'm saying it...AMNESIA!

The first thing I thought of was Black Siren (someone saying you aren't laurel-who are you) and then Tina's introduction and of course the biggest soap trope, Amnesia.