Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

(edited)
19 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

Maybe the "surprising place" they end up is...

ANOTHER PLANE OF EXISTENCE

I can't tell if you're joking or not but, i did have that thought. They're the only two that entered that "nexus" in Hub City. They end the season in a "surprising place", there's a "nexus" in Star City and they're the only two in that graveyard scene. 

Was it called a nexus?  I can't remember so I've been using that word in " "

Edited by Morrigan2575
(edited)

Maybe the cavernous space is just what's left of HIVE's underground corn palace/creepy Truman show hive and we'll see something/someone that they all thought was dead? IDK. Whatever it is, they expect us all to be speculating over the summer.

I definitely think we're looking at O/F maybe still in Star City and everyone else gone. And I don't mean separated by events but Diggle maybe chooses to leave to take some time after the whole Andy mess and Thea might go away for a while too, probably with her father if history is anything to go by. I had hope that Malcolm would finally bite it but now I'm pretty sure he'll just be one of those cockroaches, always there no matter what happens.

Edited by Angel12d
  • Love 1

So seems like most of TA (everyone but O/F imo) may be getting out of Star City for a bit, so I was thinking something happens that essentially cuts Star City off from them (schism?). Wasn't there a script tease of the last scene where some sort of cavernous space is seen? I'm thinking this has to do with isolating Star City. Could be fall out from DD's plan or something new and mysterious that we'll presumably find out about in season 5.

I also think it's deliberate that Felicity and Oliver are both still in Star City, I anticipate this being them working towards rebuilding their relationship.

That's my speculation anyways. 

Didn't we get a hint a week or so back when Paul was talking about the end of the season and he kinda implied maybe Lance and Donna get out of town? I can see Digg heading out with Lyla and the Digglette as well. And as long as Thea doesn't go with Malcolm, I think it would be good for her to get out of Star City. Maybe even travel the world with Alex.

Ruve will probably die or get sent to prison when her connection with Darhk is revealed. So Oliver becomes mayor and has a city to rebuild. Felicity stays because she actually has a job she loves and she can use PT to be another beacon of light and hope for the city. They don't get together during the finale (because last week and the next 3 episodes seem to happen within the span of 3 days) but there's a hint of reconciliation. 

• Love 1
(edited)

I wonder if the season will seem to end with the team winning and then there's a few scenes where some of the team take off and a trip to the grave yard to visit Laurel's grave and then the city falls through the ground.  Oops!  (Of course that part of the city will have been mostly evacuated)

Or there's another Star City built underground that rises up!

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 1

I've been thinking of the buckles sightings during the finale filming and the fact that we got to see Olivers Darkness-tape-reel, but not the lightness that let him fight off Dahrk's Magic.  As corny as it is, I am now bracing for a "good thoughts" greatest hits to be part of Oliver defeating Dahrk in the final battle, including a flash of Black Canary (w/out KC) throwing a punch.  If this is true, knowing how writers love parallelism, I suspect Felicity and the ring will feature as the final "happy" image.

• Love 3
24 minutes ago, TrueMyth said:

I've been thinking of the buckles sightings during the finale filming and the fact that we got to see Olivers Darkness-tape-reel, but not the lightness that let him fight off Dahrk's Magic.  As corny as it is, I am now bracing for a "good thoughts" greatest hits to be part of Oliver defeating Dahrk in the final battle, including a flash of Black Canary (w/out KC) throwing a punch.  If this is true, knowing how writers love parallelism, I suspect Felicity and the ring will feature as the final "happy" image.

That also occurred to me, that we might get the greatest hits of happy thoughts because they didn't show it the last time. I'm wondering if "I thought of you" is actually a line in the finale or even the penultimate episode, despite what MG seemed to confirm on Twitter. We know Stephen was shooting 4x20 when he mentioned that line. But is it possible he'd already read the finale script? I also wonder if we might get 1 more happy event for Oliver and Felicity that he could use in his final confrontation with Darhk. Something that would set up the eventual reconciliation. 

• Love 3
(edited)

Eh, but wouldn't they use old material rather than shoot brand new? I mean, there's plenty of BC missing punching her adversaries.

Edited by looptab
  • Love 4

Maybe they actually wanted to have one where the punch connects? 

To be serious, I can see them wanting a shot of her in this particular fight for inspiration or whatever. Still, it's funny that, should this pan out, it's BC and not Laurel doing the inspiring.

• Love 3

The DARK thoughts trailer in 4x20 had several new images with villains beating up Oliver and Poppy* with glowing eyes.  Full parallel would suggest Oliver's allies literally helping to fight Dahrk.

* Full disclaimer, I first typed "Poopy" and then was tempted to keep it.

• Love 3
(edited)
8 hours ago, TrueMyth said:

I think this is a good theory as well.

I am willing to bet though that just prior to the "Happy Reel", O&F have a touching moment (perhaps a reconciliation & reconnection) and that is the image that is used. This moment may or may not include the ring, although I wouldn't be surprised if it does because she asks for it back just prior to "Happy Reel".

ETA - Very similar thoughts as to what @SmallScreenDiva was suggesting. I do wonder if the "I thought of you" line is in the penultimate episode. MG's answer is on the trolly side, its very vague & lawyer-esque

Edited by kismet
Reading additional responses always helps before immediately responding with very similar thoughts
  • Love 1

Does anybody remember when Nolan Funk was in someone's social media? I just realised Cooper will most likely be Dhark's hacker to modify Rubicon. I just hope they don't lessen Felicity's abilities so they can have her Dad work with them.

8 minutes ago, Genki said:

Does anybody remember when Nolan Funk was in someone's social media? I just realised Cooper will most likely be Dhark's hacker to modify Rubicon. I just hope they don't lessen Felicity's abilities so they can have her Dad work with them.

We'll see, it wouldn't be the first time Felicity's capabilities were diminished in order to prop someone else up.

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, Genki said:

One of the paps caught Nolan Funk and Vinnie Jones at the airport coming back to film for the finale episodes. We know Brick/Vinnie Jones shows up in 421. Possible that Cooper does as well.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Morrigan2575 said:

One of the paps caught Nolan Funk and Vinnie Jones at the airport coming back to film for the finale episodes. We know Brick/Vinnie Jones shows up in 421. Possible that Cooper does as well.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo D:

• Love 1

Now I wish the Finale lasts more than just 1 day...it's will probably be too short a time-frame to give Felicity a chance delve into her relationships with Oliver, Cooper and her Dad so we can get Oliver proving to her that he can an will be a true partner and Felicity willing to let him.

1 minute ago, Genki said:

Now I wish the Finale lasts more than just 1 day...it's will probably be too short a time-frame to give Felicity a chance delve into her relationships with Oliver, Cooper and her Dad so we can get Oliver proving to her that he can an will be a true partner and Felicity willing to let him.

If they're all facing the possibility of the end of the world, I can see Felicity wanting to not spend another moment away from Oliver. I can see her wanting to be with him and work on their issues together...

• Love 1

I do still think we'll get Oliver facing another choice between lying to Felicity and telling the truth and he will chose right and that's how he proves it to her. I mean they made it so that words didn't really work to convince her so it makes sense to me that he has to prove it with his actions. I do think we'll see more of the relationship between Noah and Felicity and how it connects to Oliver and Felicity and her abandonment issues.He is there for 2 episodes and we know he has a big talk with Oliver plus he's also confronting Donna as well so I think we'll get way more than we did in 4.13 even with it being the final 3 episodes.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, wonderwall said:

If they're all facing the possibility of the end of the world, I can see Felicity wanting to not spend another moment away from Oliver. I can see her wanting to be with him and work on their issues together...

And hey facing that possibility of the end of the world Felicity and Oliver might have some sexy times cause "hey we might die let's be together "

Since there seems to be S2 callbacks lately, I'm expecting something along the line of the mansion scene for Oliver and Felicity in the finale. Of course not the bait and switch part, more the heart to heart before the final battle. Hopefully it'll be less ridiculous than the S3 finale scene - Oliver shouldn't have any swords to dramatically pick up and put in the sheath.

• Love 1

Nooooooo! No more swords! :D

I think SA said something about using an old bow. I don't know if he meant in flashbacks (since he hasn't used it once - where is it? Will Amanda give it back to him?) or present time. 

I definitely need Oliver to use a lot more of his bow. I noticed he doesn't use that much anymore. This is what happens when the villain is a magical dude -_-

I have to say, for the first time since the 411, I'm extremely excited for the rest of the season!!! :D

6 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

I think the opportunity for Olicity sex this season is gone. The last 3 episodes are always too action and plot packed for too much focus on relationships. 

Yeah it's likely Olicity sex won't happen again this season but they still may very well get them back together just no sexy times. Grr I remember last season they didn't even kiss when they had the opportunity to have them kiss last season

7 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

I think the opportunity for Olicity sex this season is gone. The last 3 episodes are always too action and plot packed for too much focus on relationships. 

To be honest I don't even want it this season. I'd rather the last 3 episodes focus on plot and relationship building and not Olicity sex...

• Love 3
Just now, wonderwall said:

To be honest I don't even want it this season. I'd rather the last 3 episodes focus on plot and relationship building and not Olicity sex...

Same here. I wouldn't say no to it but it's not needed ultimately and these last 3 episodes do look like they may be action packed 

• Love 1

I wouldn't mind Olicity sex in 422 because I would love to see Glen Winter tackle an Olicity sex scene. But I don't necessarily need it - even if I want it :)

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, Password said:

I wonder what makes Felicity question whether or not she's a Kutter or a Smoak.

I guess something like her and Noah working in perfect synch could get her questioning things, since 9 times out of 10 her and Donna are dancing to different beats.

• Love 3

I don't even think that it's Felicity wondering whether she's a Kuttler or a Smoak. I think it's more Felicity wondering whether she's more like her dad than she thinks she does (which worries the crap out of her).

• Love 4

Maybe the pizza delivery guy asks her for last name? That is the depth of whether she is a Smoak or a Kuttler I think these writers are going to get into.

I know I'm setting my expectations really low.

What Felicity does is for the good of the city but it is firmly in the grey. She's breaking the law and working with her dad will likely make her question if they're all that different. 

Problem is I don't really care for this sort of storyline. But knowing how well Felicity and her dad snark at each other I'll tune in just for that entertainment.

• Love 1

LoT is crowded enough, I don't think Roy needs to be sent there. I'd rather send Curtis to be their resident goody-two shoe while RP takes some well deserved off-screen time to settle down and find love.  

I do think there is a place for him in ARROW in a limited capacity, depending upon what the Big Bad is next season. He definitely does not need to come back full time.

I wonder if they could have Roy infiltrate the Bad Guy's organization and provide intel back to TA. In this capacity, he could be on the screen for some convos in the lair, maybe some alley conversations but not be a permanent fixture in the lair. Also if he infiltrating the organization or acting as a secret agent, then we don't have to see those scenes. In some ways it would be a rehash of QL this season, but to me that is not that big of a problem, because there are only so many roles on a crime fighting team. Also if they maintain his cover until the finale (or close to it) would be a way to keep it original.

A secret double agent providing back reliable intel is a vital role, without needing to be a weekly appearance. Also if he was working under an alias, he wouldn't be able to mask up because that would blow his cover, so there is the added bonus of having a logical & legit reason to keep him from suiting up.

• Love 3

I think it would be interesting if Roy was getting up to some vigilante work on his own, maybe gets in to deep and calls for TA help. Might be interesting to see the team somewhere new etc and Roy could have found himself just about anywhere so they would have a lot of freedom with the story. Just an idea.

• Love 5

Well, I love that Roy is coming back. I personally am a big fan of Roy, thought he was the best part of season 3, and wouldn't mind him coming back as a regular. But I would rather have him than Curtis as a regular.

As long as they keep him alive. But I guess, IF the speculation of Oliver revealing himself as the Green Arrow in the finale is true....I know that Roy was known as just the Arrow and Oliver came out as a new vigilante that was GA, but maybe this would help Roy come back permanently and, you know, not get arrested at first police sighting? 

I've been thinking about the season and I'm not sure where to post this but since I'm always in the spoiler section I'll do it here....

I think the problem with this season isn't Damian Darhk or magic. It's that while we have seen Oliver stumble against the magic we haven't seen him try to learn about it head on or get a sense of why he wouldn't. He got some advice from Constantine and Vixen came for an episode but we learn about magic and the Idol. We haven't dealt with Oliver facing doing magic or his emotions about it. Magic is this background power instead of an enriched nuanced force that we want to know more about. For the most part, our characters react to magic instead of actively or even proactively engage in it. It's outside characters who are brought into the show for an episode as our characters watch or react to the characters. Genesis is the first time we see Oliver personally engage in learning how to deal with Magic.  

Then again, in general, we have lost some of the intimacy with Oliver this season. We don't go inside his head to really know what he is feeling. And that is on top of the fact that we have many times had to view Oliver watch the other superheroes fight as well as times when we have Oliver offscreen while another superhero is engaged in action. 

At the same time, we haven't really gone inside the heads of any of the characters this season. We mostly understand what is happening there by knowing the characters over the show's run. Though some of the best scenes this season have been stepping closer and getting the characters talking about where their mindset is right now. 

I've always liked Roy so I don't mind him coming back though I don't want him in the Arrow cave.  Maybe he, Thea and someone else can have a team B. I know I've been pushing for that team B for a while. I just think we need two teams now. Thea needs her own group for her to grow as a character and as a superhero. I thought the same thing for Black Canary (both versions).  I don't mean have them be prominent in every episode but when team B is active I'd have OTA in nonactive settings. Which we are definitely missing. Imo.

• Love 2
(edited)

SUMMARY OF 421 SPOILERS:

S4, Episode 21: Monument Point [90TH EPISODE]
-- Production code: 421.  Shoot Dates: Mar. 17-29, 2016.  Director: Kevin Tancharoen.  Writers: Speed Weed & Jenny Lynn.  Airdate: May 11, 2016. (MG tweet, page 33 of Spoilers thread)
-- MG's Billy Joel song pick for 421 is "Got to Begin Again." (MG tweet, page 33 of Spoilers thread)
-- 421 synopsis: "TOM AMANDES RETURNS AS NOAH KUTTLER – When Team Arrow learns what Damien Darhk’s (guest star Neal McDonough) next move is Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards) realizes she needs to ask her father, Noah Kuttler (guest star Tom Amandes), for help. Noah and Oliver (Stephen Amell) have a heart to heart talk that leaves Oliver rattled. Kevin Tancharoen directed the episode written by Speed Weed & Jenny Lynn (#421). Original airdate 5/11/2016." (SpoilerTV article, page 35 of Spoilers thread)
-- See 421 producer's preview posted. (421 producer's preview video in CW Arrow tweet, page 37 of Spoilers thread)
-- See 421 promo and extended promo posted. (421 promo and extended promo videos, page 36 of Spoilers thread)
-- See 421 sneak peek of Team Arrow and Lyla posted. (421 sneak peek video, page 37 of Spoilers thread)
-- See 421 sneak peek of Calculator vs Brick face-off posted. (421 sneak peek video, page 37 of Spoilers thread)
-- See 421 promo pics, that reveal the return of Noah, Anarky, Malcolm, Lyla and Murmur, posted. (TVLine and SpoilerTV articles, page 36 of Spoilers thread)
-- See 421 comic preview posted.  (WM tweet, page 36 of Spoilers thread)
-- 421 dialogue tease: "Maybe we should call in a bomb threat - just empty the place. Or maybe plant an actual bomb..." (ArrowWritersRoom tweet, page 36 of Spoilers thread)
-- 421 dialogue tease: "Predictability is your flaw too. Every time my life starts to suck, you show up." (ArrowWritersRoom tweet, page 37 of Spoilers thread)
-- 421 dialogue tease: "They're not Halloween costumes." (ArrowWritersRoom tweet, page 37 of Spoilers thread)
-- Noah Kuttler and Anarky return in 421.  (ArrowWritersRoom tweets, page 36 of Spoilers thread)
-- On Noah's return, we can expect that icy parent/child relationship to “deepen significantly” when Tom Amandes reprises his role as Noah, starting May 11.  WM: “We know that Felicity will be really exploring, ‘Is she a Smoak or is she a Cutler?’ — and having her father there and potentially seeing him in a different light will raise some good character questions for her. She will see him in a new light. We all will.” (TVLine article, page 36 of Spoilers thread)
-- Per TA, Noah will work with Team Arrow to save the world, he and Darhk are not on the same side, and he forges "some mutually beneficial cooperation" with Oliver. (ComicBookResources article, page 37 of Spoilers thread)
-- TA: "I think you'll see a side of Noah that's redeeming, certainly aside from looking out for himself. He's very proud and has lots of feelings for his amazing daughter, and I think that informs his decisions. You'll see a little different side of him." (ComicBookResources article, page 37 of Spoilers thread)
-- Per TA, he has scenes with EBR, SA and CR in 421. (Access Hollywood article, page 37 of Spoilers thread)
-- On how Team Arrow convinces Noah to help, TA: "Well, I think you'll see that not only do they help convince me, but Mr. Darhk helps convince me as well. It is a real thing and I think that you see that Noah's got a sense of proportion when it comes to this – just realizing that, aside from saving his own skin, he's got a daughter that lives in this world as well."  (Access Hollywood article, page 37 of Spoilers thread)
-- On Noah's heart-to-heart talk with Oliver in 421, TA: "Well I mean, for so long we've sort of tiptoed around who’s Felicity actually working for, and again, I'm trying to be discreet here. Stephen is wonderful, and these scenes are fraught because the clock is ticking very loudly, but I think that we both have a certain mutual understanding that we either work together or there may not be anything left to work for." (Access Hollywood article, page 37 of Spoilers thread)
-- On Noah's return after he and Felicity ended things on “probably the worst terms you could have,” TA: “I don’t think he has a choice, quite honestly. The stuff is hitting the fan and his particular skills are needed. There isn’t much choice.” (Zap2It article, page 37 of Spoilers thread)
-- TA: “I think you’ll discover a side of Noah that maybe is a bit of a surprise in that he really treasures the relationship such as it is that he has with his daughter... Despite the awful things he’s done, I think he’s looking to make that connection and to also make sure there’s still a world for his daughter to live in.” (Zap2It article, page 37 of Spoilers thread)
-- TA: "I will say you will not be disappointed to see the family dynamic between Felicity and her two lovely parents... There’s some fun stuff if you can imagine. It’s such a loaded familiar situation that I would imagine for the writers it’s such a treat to throw anything Charlotte’s way, but to throw in evil ex-husband what could be better.” (Zap2It article, page 37 of Spoilers thread)
-- On Noah's heart-to-heart talk with Oliver, TA: "I think there are some parallels in the dual lives each of them has lived over the years... There’s certainly come lessons that each could teach the other and that really goes to the gist of conversations they have.” (Zap2It article, page 37 of Spoilers thread) 
-- On Mar. 22, PB posted a video from the Arrow set, with EBR and JBam in the background. (PB facebook video, page 958 of Spoiler Discussion thread and page 346 of Social Media thread)
-- On Mar. 23, PB tweeted pic of him and EBR on set. (PB tweet, page 346 of Social Media thread)
-- On Mar. 23, SA tweeted: "Raining in Vancouver. Filming our 90th Episode." (SA tweet, page 346 of Social Media thread)
-- On Mar. 23, PB posted BTS pics on CW Arrow instagram, including pic of EBR getting her hair styled, while Tom Amandes is in the background. (CW Arrow instagram pic, page 961 of Spoiler Discussion thread)
-- From PB/CR panel at  Salt Lake Comic Con FanXperience (on Mar. 25), fan tweet: "Charlotte will be back on set next week!!!" (Olicityibelieve tweet, page 347 of Social Media thread)
-- On Mar. 28, CR tweeted that she was back in Vancouver.  (CR tweet, page 33 of Spoilers thread)
-- Per fan tweets (on Mar. 29), SA was shooting flashback scenes with some guys but not ER.  (Jade@TeaAt23 tweets, page 969 of Spoiler Discussion thread)
-- Taiana (ER) will be in 421.  (M Public Relations tweet, page 36 of Spoilers thread)
-- On Mar. 17, ER tweeted: "All the hidden layers under your costume while shooting on location in #yvr....who knows what I'm taking about? #stayingwarmoutthere." (ER tweet, page 961 of Spoiler Discussion thread)
-- In the Arrowverse (per 222), Monument Point is the city home to the nearest army base in relation to Star City. (Oliverdant article, page 954 of Spoiler Discussion thread)
-- In DC Comics, Monument Point was the home of the Justice Society of America at one point; also, Jay Garrick was mayor and Mr. Terrific lost his intelligence. (DC Comics, Amazon and ComicVine articles, page 954 of Spoiler Discussion thread)

Episode 421 and/or 422
-- On Mar. 30, papp tweeted: "Legend #VinnieJones signed some autographs for us when he flew back #vancouver to reprise his role as Brick #Arrow." (OutlawHobbies tweet, page 1004 of Spoiler Discussion thread)
-- Rumor that Vinnie Jones (played Danny Brickwell) and Nolan Funk (played Cooper Seldon) were spotted filming in Vancouver.  (Velocity23 post, page 1004 of Spoiler Discussion thread)
-- PB: "There are some interesting scenes coming up, where you see that relationship [with Donna] developing. Laurel is no longer the woman in his life. Maybe this woman can be, obviously in a different way, but to some degree. It was nice to explore those scenes with Charlotte Ross." (Collider article, page 36 of Spoilers thread)
-- In the next few weeks (after 419), the show will continue to dive into Quentin's romantic relationship with Donna Smoak.  PB teased "There's something interesting stuff in future episodes exploring their relationship post-Laurel", adding it's "been beautiful" exploring this romance because Ross is "fantastic to work with." (People article, page 36 of Spoilers thread)
-- On Quentin's relationship with Team Arrow after Laurel's death, PB: "It's interesting, really, because they've obviously bonded a lot this last season. They got over the bumps in the road. There's been a team effort going on, and Lance has felt part of that and Lance has felt good because of that. Strangely, this death will probably bring them together even more. They're bonding more, in a tragic way obviously." (IGN article, page 36 of Spoilers thread)
-- Taiana must be killed or otherwise finished in either 421 or 422.  ER started filming a new indie horror film, Residue, on Apr. 1, was still filming on Apr. 8, and wrapped up filming on Apr. 14.  (ER tweets, page 18 of  Arrow Actors in Other Roles thread)
-- On Taiana in the remainder of S4, ER:  "Well, if you've been following the show thus far, we've seen what happened to Laurel. So, that was, I think, what left people kind of like in awe and shock. So as the season is coming to an end, I think there's just going to be a reprise of that energy, um, with my character, with my relationship, you know, with Stephen as Oliver and Taiana, and then in the present world as well. So it's just - it's culminating to a nice place." (Video in Breakfast Television-Vancouver tweet, page 36 of Spoilers thread)

Edited by tv echo
Update
  • Love 2

I'm actually excited for Roy's return. Which is odd since it took me the longest time to warm up to him, particularly in the first two seasons when I was worried he would take time away from Thea. The show largely ignored him in season three but he was so adorable in the background when he would hit his target or whatever that I warmed to him as he provided some much needed fun when the show really needed it.

• Love 3