Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

Interesting. So it sounds like the Mirakuru 'cure' isn't a cure at all, just some sort of suppressor. In which case presumably Slade isn't cured either.

Yeah, and what about the whole army of mirakududes they gave the cure to? Are they just going to randomly reappear with super strength? This seems stupid.

• Love 3

Oh my I didn't realise the cure was temporal. I thought it was out right, otherwise what is Slade going to do now? And Diggle is surprised? I'd think he's more surprised Oliver asked her on a date than them having chemistry. Ok so...but anyway before I over think it we shall see what happens in the episode.

(edited)

Oh my I didn't realise the cure was temporal. I thought it was out right, otherwise what is Slade going to do now? And Diggle is surprised? I'd think he's more surprised Oliver asked her on a date than them having chemistry. Ok so...but anyway before I over think it we shall see what happens in the episode.

It's worded terribly, but I think he means Oliver and Felicity finally become aware of the chemistry in the first ep (not that that makes much more sense).

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 2
(edited)

I guess Diggle is reflecting the part of the audience that always thought it was one sided?! LOL!

Roy probably didn't notice.  He was in a coma most of the last few episodes.

Edited by Sunshine
  • Love 3

Yeah, and what about the whole army of mirakududes they gave the cure to? Are they just going to randomly reappear with super strength? This seems stupid.

There may be an 'out' with the others in that Roy & Slade are, I think, the only two remaining who took the Mirakuru straight. All the minions were dosed via the blood transfusion thingy via Roy (I can't remember whether this was addressed on the show or not but I assume this is why they survived when earlier test subjects mostly did not).

• Love 1
(edited)

There may be an 'out' with the others in that Roy & Slade are, I think, the only two remaining who took the Mirakuru straight. All the minions were dosed via the blood transfusion thingy via Roy (I can't remember whether this was addressed on the show or not but I assume this is why they survived when earlier test subjects mostly did not).

Yeah, good point. IIRC something along those lines was addressed on the show when Slade stole that machine from STAR Labs.

Edited by apinknightmare

Oh my I didn't realise the cure was temporal. I thought it was out right, otherwise what is Slade going to do now?

Whoever is feeding him could slip it into his food.  I'm sure this is something that they will never explain just like Malcolm magically being not dead.

One of the EPs said something about Laurel getting a love interest too this season.  Do we think that it is such big news that they are waiting for SDCC (or some other big event) to announce that?  I can't believe that the casting news didn't come out with the Brandon Routh casting news, but maybe said love interest doesn't show up until later in the season.  Here's hoping they do a chemistry test this time.

• Love 1
(edited)

Yes, I think both AK and MG have said Laurel is getting a new love interest this season. And yeah, I thought the same about the chemistry test :).

I'm really kind of shocked that the Mirakuru cure is temporary though. I really don't think that's a good idea. :(. Maybe that's just because I never liked the idea in the first place, and I was hoping to be done with it.

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 2

Depending on how suppressed it is, Oliver may go back to the island to find Slade's cell empty with the bars bent.

I can just imagine the panicked phone call Team Arrow make to ARGUS when they realise they have to keep dosing Roy.

Whoever is feeding him could slip it into his food.  I'm sure this is something that they will never explain just like Malcolm magically being not dead.

One of the EPs said something about Laurel getting a love interest too this season.  Do we think that it is such big news that they are waiting for SDCC (or some other big event) to announce that?  I can't believe that the casting news didn't come out with the Brandon Routh casting news, but maybe said love interest doesn't show up until later in the season.  Here's hoping they do a chemistry test this time.

If it's Ted Grant, they'd probably wait to announce it at SDCC. If not, then maybe the guy doesn't show up for a while.

• Love 1
(edited)

For the EPs everything relating to Laurel is probably 'big news' that needs a huge platform to be aired. If Laurel and Felicity both are getting new love interests...I wonder which dude Oliver is supposed to feel threatened by/ jealous of.

Or maybe he'll get a love interest of his own...that'll totally make the gals sweat. Hmm....

I think part of the reason why the show didn't kill Slade was Oliver becoming a hero and part of it was that at some point in the future, the EPs would like to have him return to haunt Oliver. The cure being temporary will make sense if Slade has to make a successful escape from his prison, because he'll need his powers to break through it.

Dunno what they'll do about Roy though. It'll be a good thing if some part of his mirakuru induced powers return (not the part that makes him into a psycho killer). Those powers can be put to good use if he learns to control them. Of course its not possible but then its all about imagination.

Edited by At Leisure
(edited)

Colton Haynes did say "everyone" is getting new love interests this season. I'm hoping that's a bit of an exaggeration. It's going to be hard to pull off giving Oliver another love interest if he decides he can't be with Felicity because of being the Arrow. And I'd rather not see Dig and Lyla broken up.

At the same time, I'm really kind of curious about Laurel's new love interest. Maybe with the right guy and the right chemistry, she might be not quite so intolerable (to me). I really actually did like her with Sara, once they got past the glass throwing stage. And she and Tommy had some nice moments in season one. So, maybe matched with the right actor, she might be better? I don't know. The only thing is...if they really do find someone she has chemistry with, there will be hell to pay if they try to force her back with Oliver again later down the road. I'm hoping they've given up on the Lauriver one true love scenario, but I'm still not totally convinced.

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 1

Colton Haynes did say "everyone" is getting new love interests this season. I'm hoping that's a bit of an exaggeration. It's going to be hard to pull off giving Oliver another love interest if he decides he can't be with Felicity because of being the Arrow. And I'd rather not see Dig and Lyla broken up.

Wouldn't Felicity be Oliver's new love interest?

• Love 2
(edited)

Wouldn't Felicity be Oliver's new love interest?

Possibly. But I have a nasty suspicion it'll be baby mama. Of course technically neither of them are new.

Edited by Tallis

Possibly. But I have a nasty suspicion it'll be baby mama. Of course technically neither of them are new.

I really hope it's just Felicity. Oliver cannot give her another reason for them to not be together and then go off and be with someone else. I said previously that kind of flip-floppy crap would make me stop watching, and I really am not ready to stop watching yet.

• Love 6

I absolutely have no idea how they could give Oliver a love interest in the current storyline if he can't be with anyone as long as the city needs the Arrow.  Baby mama is even less suitable than Felicity.  The only option I could see would be if Katana shows up present day sans husband.  I won't be rooting for Oliver & Felicity if that happens.

He could have been referring to the flashbacks. And I think very likely he didn't literally mean "everyone". I'm guessing Roy probably does, and we know Felicity and Laurel do. Possibly Quentin does - that might be interesting. Sara is likely still with Nyssa, and Diggle with Lyla.

I absolutely have no idea how they could give Oliver a love interest in the current storyline if he can't be with anyone as long as the city needs the Arrow.  Baby mama is even less suitable than Felicity.  The only option I could see would be if Katana shows up present day sans husband.  I won't be rooting for Oliver & Felicity if that happens.

Plus, the EPs said the Oliver/Felicity thing would be a season-long arc, and if he legit loves her and is off having relationships with other women, I'll want to knee that idiot in the balls even more than I do now. Even though I know he can compartmentalize, I won't really even be able to accept him running off and sleeping with some meaningless one-night stand, because the man has got to grow emotionally at some point. He's 30 - he should probably start now.

• Love 6

So far, the only thing Laurel Lance/Katie Cassidy has managed to have chemistry with is that magical jacket that her sister passed on to her.

A lot of people said that she had chemistry with Colin Donell's Tommy but I disagree, it was all Colin who was excellent in every scene that he did and had an outstanding chemistry with everyone he interacted with on the show, be it Cassidy, Amell, Willah Holland or Barrowman (still bitter that they made Willah his sister because I totally shipped Tommy & Thea). Cassidy was just as boring at her end in those scenes as she was with everyone else. I don't think any chemistry test would do wonders where Cassidy is concerned.

• Love 2

Wait, what? Why does he need the cure again? Does this mean they all need it including Slade? Is it an ongoing treatment? As someone who REALLY hated the Mirakuru story and how it drove the Oliver/Slade story, this news doesn't make me happy. Also, angry Roy irritated me a lot.

You know, Colton really makes me like Roy better. He could have made the Thea/Roy relationship into a soul mates true love forever thing and he didn't. Young love doesn't always mean forever love since people change.

Regarding Olicity, I can see Roy being taken by surprise but it seems like Diggle is already aware that something is up. He's commented on it a few times - not always directly but it was at least implied. He also knows Oliver and Felicity well enough to see it coming long before Roy unless he was absent over the break because of Lyla's pregnancy.

Well. This interview just poses even more questions.

• Love 2

Yes, I think both AK and MG have said Laurel is getting a new love interest this season. And yeah, I thought the same about the chemistry test :).

I'm really kind of shocked that the Mirakuru cure is temporary though. I really don't think that's a good idea. :(. Maybe that's just because I never liked the idea in the first place, and I was hoping to be done with it.

I liked the Mirakuru on Roy at least, but I really don't want to see Slade again for a very long time, (that dude has issues). I'd be happy to see SuperRoy again and super anybody else frankly. SuperThea, SuperLaurel. I just like powers and watching people with powers fight, it makes things more interesting for me because I don't have powers.

Maybe the temporary thing will only apply to Slade. They could explain away his soldiers never getting anything back because they got a diluted version of the serum, and maybe what happens to Roy is residual, temporary flashes of strength and uncontrollable anger, necessitating him taking shots periodically. This could be the shows way of doing a "hooked on drugs" thing, which seems appropriate. But Slade, having the full and undiluted, strongest dose gets his enhanced physicality back only without the mental instability and imaginary Shado egging him on. Imagine a fully sane, super-powered Slade.

I'd be happy to see SuperRoy again and super anybody else frankly. SuperThea, SuperLaurel. I just like powers and watching people with powers fight, it makes things more interesting for me because I don't have powers.

I wouldn't. I generally like shows about people with powers, but it doesn't work for me in this show. If Oliver had powers, it might be different, but as it is, I prefer the show to stay on the non-powered side of things. Leave the powers to Flash.

• Love 5

I think he would still be a pain because he said it wasn't about Shado or something didn't he? He'd definitely go after Felicity I imagine because she stabbed him. But his insanity was probably increased with the Mirakuru, but he's so used to bring insane it may well just carry on. Still on Mirakuru, no one has a chance.

(edited)

TBH they messed up Slades character so much over season 2, they came up with such a ridiculous reason for him to become evil, and they didn't give him a reason to stay evil, that I really don't want him back. Which is really frustrating as Manu Bennett did such a wonderful job, and I absolutely adored season 1 Slade. 

They messed up so badly that even Manu was talking about how little sense it made (and also how kind of sexist Slade's arc was) at Dallas comic con. 

E.T.A: Here's another one of him answering 'What's your personal opinion of Slade Wilson's motivation for why he and Oliver Queen are enemies?'

Edited by doesntworkonwood
  • Love 8

I'd like non-insane Slade back, I miss him. But since he already made it plain that Mirakurued or not, he's not giving up on the vengeance-against-Oliver thing, I don't think it's going to happen. I don't doubt he'll be back at some point but he's too far gone to ever be anything but a bad guy now, sadly.

TBH they messed up Slades character so much over season 2, they came up with such a ridiculous reason for him to become evil, and they didn't give him a reason to stay evil, that I really don't want him back. Which is really frustrating as Manu Bennett did such a wonderful job, and I absolutely adored season 1 Slade. 

They messed up so badly that even Manu was talking about how little sense it made (and also how kind of sexist Slade's arc was) at Dallas comic con. 

Way to go Manu...at least someone pointed it out to them.

As for the Mirakure treatment...I hated the story and was so happy they ended it. I think it's a cheap tactic on their end just so they have a reason for Roid Roy and a way for Slade to escape and wreak havoc again.

(edited)
A lot of people said that she had chemistry with Colin Donell's Tommy but I disagree, it was all Colin who was excellent in every scene that he did and had an outstanding chemistry with everyone he interacted with on the show, be it Cassidy, Amell, Willah Holland or Barrowman (still bitter that they made Willah his sister because I totally shipped Tommy & Thea). Cassidy was just as boring at her end in those scenes as she was with everyone else. I don't think any chemistry test would do wonders where Cassidy is concerned.

Ditto with you there. I felt it was Colin who brought the charm and chemistry in all his scenes, hence made Laurel/KC tolerable in those scenes, to me.

I liked the Mirakuru on Roy at least, but I really don't want to see Slade again for a very long time, (that dude has issues). I'd be happy to see SuperRoy again and super anybody else frankly. SuperThea, SuperLaurel. I just like powers and watching people with powers fight, it makes things more interesting for me because I don't have powers.

Superhumans/powers seem unavoidable with the show merging with the Flash and the Atom coming to town. Anyway I sort of like that they are continuing this story with Roy, it seemed like a waste when they "cured" him so soon last season. 

Edited by Conell
  • Love 1
(edited)

Ditto with you there. I felt it was Colin who brought the charm and chemistry in all his scenes, hence made Laurel/KC tolerable in those scenes, to me. 

Well she was tolerable in only a few scenes - I wanted to punch her in the face during that double date with Helena and how she insulted Tommy.

Edited by TanyaKay
  • Love 1

If the cure has to be regularly taken, then that means that Slade could have already broken out in the Arrow 2.5 comics, right? He was mentioned as making an appearance in the preview blurb for them. Maybe his escape is how they found out that the cure (I'm so tired of talking about mirakuru stuff, for real) wasn't permanent in the first place. Unless they already knew and just failed to mention it all season, as they nearly did with the cure itself.

You'd think that if Slade was really such a decent, sane dude without the mirakuru, he'd be okay with taking the cure to suppress his rage-driven mommy killing and city destroying tendencies.

(edited)

You'd think that if Slade was really such a decent, sane dude without the mirakuru, he'd be okay with taking the cure to suppress his rage-driven mommy killing and city destroying tendencies.

He really is a dick. I'm sure we'll get some whiny soliloquy about how Oliver made him this way and is now trying to change him. He really is just a horribly psychotic ex-boyfriend, he must have Fatal Attraction on repeat in his brain. Just.stop.

Edited by slayer2
(edited)
Speaking of Ray Ralmer, Routh (34) and Teryl Rothery (51), the actress who portrayed Jean Loring last season on Arrow (Moira Queen's defense attorney) have a bit of an age gap, so their comic book relationship of husband and wife may not play out that way on the show says executive producer Marc Guggenheim to GreenArrowTV. "I’ll tell you this: Jean Loring has already been on the show, and if he was involved with that Jean, there would be a bit of an age difference.

I bet if it were the other way around, he was 51 and she was 34, no one would bat an eye.

Continuing to have to keep dosing Roy and everyone else with the mirakuru cure sounds like a nightmare scenario. We already know how incompetent they are at Iron Heights.

I like the Time Magazine cover, photograph by Vicky Vale.

Manu Bennet just gets more and more awesome. Yes, Slade didn't mention a single guy he'd go after.

If it's Ted Grant, they'd probably wait to announce it at SDCC. If not, then maybe the guy doesn't show up for a while.

It may be Ted Grant, just so that by giving her a high alpha love interest, they're hoping to appease the fans who want her as BC and Oliver's love interest.

Or maybe he'll get a love interest of his own...that'll totally make the gals sweat. Hmm....

They do that every year, Helena, McKenna, Isabel, Sara ....

He could be referring to Felicity since she's never been an actual love interest of Oliver before.

Edited by statsgirl

Why would that be an issue though? I would think he'd be all about taking it. Although I wouldn't but since he was pretty much suicidal the last time, he'd probably be more amenable. Or maybe he has feelings for Felicity. Be warned, Felicity and her popularity are like a shiny new CW toy and it wouldn't be a stretch to imagine a quadrangle between her, Oliver, the Brandon Routh character and Roy. That's how the CW likes it with their romantic leads. I recall a time when both Clark, and Lex were ogling Lana whilst she dated Ian Somerhalder {whoever he played}.

(edited)

Ian Somerhalder was on Smallville?

ETA: I think you may be thinking of Jensen Ackles, in season four. I just checked IMDb, and while Ian Somerhalder was on Smallville, it looks like it was in season ten after Lana was already gone.

I don't think they'll have any kind of Roy / Felicity stuff, even a one-sided crush (if you were being sarcastic, sorry for misunderstanding). I think they'll probably bring on someone new in his own age group. I would think Sin, but it seems like they've already pretty clearly established that relationship as platonic.

Edited by Starfish35
(edited)

Nope, he was dating Lana, he was on it during her rehab, he met her in the facility and taunted her into rehabilitation. Jensen Ackles character dated her as well but that was the season of the stones with Dr.Quinn Medicine woman and kung-fu Lana.

Re: Age I don't know that CW cares too much about that, this is the network that had 15yr old Pacey screwing a 34? year old teacher and 17yr old Nate Archibald sleeping with Madchen Amick's matriarch and more recently on The Tomorrow People Stephen of 17yr dating a 27 or 28 yr old. I think if Roy spends enough time around Felicity and Thea isn't in the picture he could certainly develop a crush, and it'd be a way to play on the chemistry that the real life actors clearly have. Also moving towards an Olicity relationship, there will likely be a lot of propping and or gentle nudging IMO because Ollie can be quite dense and who would be better to tell Oliver to go for it then someone on Team Arrow who sees her value for himself.

Edited by slayer2
(edited)

Ian Somerhalder was on Smallville?

ETA: I think you may be thinking of Jensen Ackles, in season four. I just checked IMDb, and while Ian Somerhalder was on Smallville, it looks like it was in season ten after Lana was already gone.

If I recall correctly, he was in Season 3 as a pseudo love interest for Lana. They met in rehab after Lana got trampled on by Stompy and there was speculation he was going to turn out to be Bruce Wayne since his name was Adam Knight. 

Or maybe staying Mirakuru'd is the only way he can see Shado and that's why he prefers it that way. The man's definitely got issues. He's sloppily written, but Manu really makes him intriguing. 

It may be Ted Grant, just so that by giving her a high alpha love interest, they're hoping to appease the fans who want her as BC and Oliver's love interest.

Whoever he is, pleasepleaseplease do a chem test first.

Edited by Tangerine

Yeah, he was only in seven episodes but he played Adam Knight, a guy who internet conspiracy theorists suspected of being an amnesiac Bruce Wayne but he turned out to be a baddie and another Lana Lang lunatic stalker.

• Love 1
(edited)

Nope, he was dating Lana, he was on it during her rehab, he met her in the facility and taunted her into rehabilitation.

Oh whoops you're right - I hate trying to check IMDb on my phone. *sigh* Sorry about that. What season was that?

ETA: Never mind - thanks Tangerine.

If I recall correctly, he was in Season 3 as a pseudo love interest for Lana. They met in rehab after Lana got trampled on by Stompy and there was speculation he was going to turn out to be Bruce Wayne since his name was Adam Knight.

I do not remember that at all. Wow. My memory did not used to be this bad, y'all, I swear. :(

Anyway, my apologies slayer2 for jumping to conclusions.

Still, I don't think even this show is going to have three guys interested in Felicity in the same season. So, no, I really think there will be someone new for Roy.

Edited by Starfish35
(edited)

They were all so awfully Lana-centric but that was season 3. He was looking good too.

I'm excited for Felicity getting some Superman action but I have to say I don't know how much of an Olicity shipper I'll be after my baby Routh comes on screen, I hope the triangle is good and angsty. Yes I know I'm the only one who likes angst anymore. Please put the tomatoes down.

Edited by slayer2
  • Love 1

uggg, Mirakuru is still around. I was hoping that storyline was finished. I was one that liked the real world feel of the show and hated the introduction of powers (which I still believe was only introduced so they could get the Flash spin-off).

So far nothing released so far is making me want to tune in. I don't ship Olicity so I don't really care if they date or not, Sara coming back only has me worried they will destroy her character for Laurel, don't really care about round 2.0 with NewVertigo or Merlyn (despite the fact that I love John Barrowman), don't care at all about Laurel's 500th new storyline or her "journey", don't care about anyone getting a new love interest, or seeing everyone's kids. 

• Love 1

Sakura I wouldn't worry about Sara, seems they only booked her for 3 episodes because CL is busy, they wanted her for more and are still working on it. Likewise AK clearly stated that although it was a time jump of 8months there would be no insta-Black Canary, he stressed that her level of fighting would get her killed on the streets and intimated that she would be helping on the governmental side. So I think CL will be around and kicking for awhile yet, no cause for alarm.

I'd be more concerned about the lean, mean killing machine SA is turning into, it is not cool to be that hot, I am not permitted to lick my laptop. #Fail

They managed to destroy everything they built Sara up to all season in the last few minutes of 1 episode, so +3 episodes is more than enough time to toss her under the bus or turn her into the villain that Team Arrow plus Laurel have to take down. So even if they actually have Laurel train for what I hope is years if they plan on her being anywhere near Green Arrow, Sara needs to be out of the way for that happen, so villain, death or crippled is the only way I see Sara giving up the fight. 

Well anything could happen to anybody years from now if it's on that long, but I wouldn't worry about her being the big bad for this season especially with all the newbies coming in. Isn't the amazing Abruzzi coming on board as well?