Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

Are they not following real time anymore? If they are it should be a week later.

IIRC, they'd picked up a few eps where the previous one left off-I think it's just a general following of real time. I can't believe that Sara would be running around free and not wreaking havoc until a whole week later.

• Love 1

IIRC, they'd picked up a few eps where the previous one left off-I think it's just a general following of real time. I can't believe that Sara would be running around free and not wreaking havoc until a whole week later.

You can't believe it when Laurel is the only one that knows about it? That seems perfectly believable to me.

Sara also seemed to have picked up a jacket somewhere. Laurel couldn't even provide her that she had to go get one herself. Poor girl probably went into survival mode. I'm freezing and I'm going to die if I don't get warm. 

• Love 2

You can't believe it when Laurel is the only one that knows about it? That seems perfectly believable to me.

Sara also seemed to have picked up a jacket somewhere. Laurel couldn't even provide her that she had to go get one herself. Poor girl probably went into survival mode. I'm freezing and I'm going to die if I don't get warm.

I meant that I didn't believe that the Sara I saw trying to escape her chains and wanting to kill would get free and just mosey around town for a whole week in order to keep the eps in real time. That's why I think the next one has to start soon after this one, because once Sara gets free, I think she's going to go on her little rampage immediately.

• Love 2

So Sara has an insane bloodlust to kill the person who killed her (Thea) and Laurel doesn't tell anyone when she escapes from the strangely placed basement/dungeon in her apartment?

Does Laurel think she went to run a few errands before giving in to the only thing her zombified brain can comprehend right now?

Like wtf are they even doing with this character. Are we seriously going to have to watch her make selfish mistakes over and over again like we did with Oliver for the first 2 seasons? Because I'm so done with that character trait on this show. The show has matured and the characters need to mature with it.

I've never watched Constantine but he looks like he's got a few witty one-liners up his sleeve so I'm excited to see what he brings to the show.

• Love 2

Oh man, I need to start following this show again. These spoilers sound absolutely hilarious. Crazy Laurel hiding Zombie Sara in the basement and keeping it a secret from everyone with a brain? Being more worried about people criticising her for it than actually being worried that she's brought back a soulless creature in her sister's body?

Tiny Ray texting Felicity, causing tension for Oliver and her? Because no one had just had enough of Ray last season?

This show just goes from 'strength' to 'strength'.

Is Sara going to eat Thea's braaaaains? Will Felicity's dad be eeevil? Will Oliver be jealous of teeny, tiny, not-dead Ray?

My first thought about DD's mystery box was Tiny Ray.  That almost seems to obvious, I suppose.

I have no interest in Oliver/Laurel bonding or anymore GA/BC stunts.  I wish the show would drop all attempts to elevate Laurel as more than a sidekick.  Oliver has a worthy team with Diggle and Felicity, and they are still more supportive character types.  Thea falls into that now, too.  THere is nothing we've seen, IMO, to justify Laurel being more than a supportive character.  I didn't like it much when Sara went shoulder to shoulder with Oliver (and, to an extent, Diggle) in S2 but at least she had the training, motive and experience to justify it.  

If John Constantine and Oliver don't light into Laurel for her absolutely horrific handling of Sara, I will be extremely ticked off.  And Laurel's comment about Oliver being in over his head is hypocritcal given what her decisions have led to.  I hope that's addressed as well...  Thea needs to call her out on it, especially since it appears that she's in the hospital because of Sara and in danger.

• Love 12

I just posted the full ComicBook interview with WM in the Spoilers thread.  Apparently, there will be no more new costumes this season (bad luck, Mr. Terrific).  They made a "conscious decision" to focus on Diggle's and Felicity's individual back stories this season.  Also, the EPs seem proud of how they're balancing screen time for all of the characters this year, (eye roll)

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 3

I just posted the full ComicBook interview with WM in the Spoilers thread.  Apparently, there will be no more new costumes this season (bad luck, Mr. Terrific).  Also, the EPs seem very proud of how they're balancing screen time for all of the characters this year, (eye roll)

Dig? Diggle? John? Where are you?

Unfortunately that also means an increase in Lance Family Stupidity. Where is a fashion show when you need one?

• Love 6

I'm skipping the next episode.  Laurel telling Oliver HE'S in over his head, after she idiotically brought back her dead sister and incompetently chained her, and then apparently did not TELL ANYONE her bloodthirsty trained assassin zompire sister got loose?  And Laurel's still going to be allowed on the team?  I mean WHAT THE HELL?!?

• Love 18

I may die with laughter if it's Ray in the box. But how could he be messing with Felicity's stuff if he's locked up in DD's box?

Since the box wasn't delivered until the end of the ep, he could've been captured after he sent those messages. Or maybe he has on a smart wearable!!!

• Love 1

Since the box wasn't delivered until the end of the ep, he could've been captured after he sent those messages. Or maybe he has on a smart wearable!!!

Possibly a tiny watch like the one he gave Mama Smoak last year?

Lol, now I really want tiny Ray to be in the box.

• Love 2

Dick in a box?!

I'm sorry, the thumbs-up button wasn't enough to express my love for this perfect post.

I am relieved to see that Oliver will get his loud voice on with Laurel, but from the sounds of it, all will be resolved between them this episode, so I'm sure she gets off the hook just as quickly as Quentin did last night. Honestly, the writers just can't be bothered to consider, let alone write, an actual character/relationship development arc for LL.

• Love 6

I'm sorry, the thumbs-up button wasn't enough to express my love for this perfect post.

I am relieved to see that Oliver will get his loud voice on with Laurel, but from the sounds of it, all will be resolved between them this episode, so I'm sure she gets off the hook just as quickly as Quentin did last night. Honestly, the writers just can't be bothered to consider, let alone write, an actual character/relationship development arc for LL.

Yeah, I get *maybe* giving her a pass on the ill-advised resurrection, since (even though I don't agree) the argument could be made that Oliver did the same thing with Thea. But if Sara's going out and legit killing people/putting Thea in the hospital because Laurel didn't want to tell anyone what she'd done/get some help, then it makes no sense to me that everything would be peachy keen by the end of the ep. But, then again, we're dealing with Teflon Lance, so probably.

• Love 11

I will NEVER accept the argument that Oliver did the same thing to Thea as Laurel did to Sara. Never. Thea wasn't dead and hadn't been buried in the ground for a year and Oliver then also had to give his life to the LoA just so Thea could live. Laurel hasn't given up anything except maybe her sanity. There's no comparison.

I'm sure the show will make it though. Just wait. 

Edited by Guest

Lol i fully believe that they will have Laurel go on a hunt for Sara instead of telling the team that"hey my sister is alive....and SURPRISE she got loose". I expect the worse to happen since that's how they roll with this storyline. Can't wait to see how MG tries to spin this.

I will NEVER accept the argument that Oliver did the same thing to Thea as Laurel did to Sara. Never. Thea wasn't dead and hadn't been buried in the ground for a year and Oliver then also had to give his life to the LoA just so Thea could live. Laurel hasn't given up anything except maybe her sanity. There's no comparison.

I'm sure the show will make it though. Just wait.

Oh, I'm absolutely positive Laurel will make that argument, and I agree with you-it wasn't the same. But I'm resigned to Laurel getting a pass on that, but even so, it doesn't make sense to me that everything would be hunky dory after Sara went on a killing spree and injured Thea because she didn't want to tell anyone what she'd done.

• Love 3

Oh, I'm absolutely positive Laurel will make that argument, and I agree with you-it wasn't the same. But I'm resigned to Laurel getting a pass on that, but even so, it doesn't make sense to me that everything would be hunky dory after Sara went on a killing spree and injured Thea because she didn't want to tell anyone what she'd done.

I'm resigned to Laurel getting a pass on everything. She just did the dumbest thing imaginable for selfish reasons and she'll come out of this in a positive way in the end. Hashtag Classic Laurel.

Edited by Guest

Oh Lord just had a horrible thought, Oliver is the one to embark on the vision quest with LL to bring Sara's soul back from the depths of NP aka the Lazarus Pit, which is where he'll see the pain and anguish poor SL was undergoing every single moment since her death. So that's how we and Oliver find out just how wrong everybody else has been and why LL was soooo right to stand up in the face of all the naysaying and bring her sister back to life. Cue reconciliation between LL and the rest of TA and restored/reinvigorated friendship with Oliver. 

Just typing this up made me want to hurl. I'm seriously considering not watching next week's ep, or at least not live. I'm way too invested in this show and my physical and mental health ain't worth the pain and suffering I'll have to go through watching yet another episode of badly written Lance Family Drama. So maybe the best thing for me is just to ignore 4.05 then I can just go on pretending that it never happened, you know like the EP's are gonna do. 

• Love 7

Oh, Sara's totally going to be in some pit of eternal torment, and Laurel will be oh-so-right to have resurrected her, but that still doesn't excuse the dumbass behavior she displayed from the moment she unchained Sara in Nanda Parbat, and then rechained her in her basement. If Sara legit goes on a murder spree, and people die - it doesn't matter how right she was to resurrect Sara, those deaths are on Laurel.

But I really don't think anything will come of it.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 3

Oh Lord just had a horrible thought, Oliver is the one to embark on the vision quest with LL to bring Sara's soul back from the depths of NP aka the Lazarus Pit, which is where he'll see the pain and anguish poor SL was undergoing every single moment since her death. So that's how we and Oliver find out just how wrong everybody else has been and why LL was soooo right to stand up in the face of all the naysaying and bring her sister back to life. Cue reconciliation between LL and the rest of TA and restored/reinvigorated friendship with Oliver. 

Just typing this up made me want to hurl. I'm seriously considering not watching next week's ep, or at least not live. I'm way too invested in this show and my physical and mental health ain't worth the pain and suffering I'll have to go through watching yet another episode of badly written Lance Family Drama. So maybe the best thing for me is just to ignore 4.05 then I can just go on pretending that it never happened, you know like the EP's are gonna do. 

I don't think the timing would work.  The EPs said the O/L scene would occur in a hallway, and it really looks to be the hallway outside Thea's hospital room.  It seems likely that the exorcism/vision quest will happen after that scene, as the vision quest quasi-fixes Sara.  So basically O/L will become better friends or whatever UNBELIEVABLE FLAMING BULLSHIT after Sara murders people/tries to murder Thea, but before the vision quest.

So TOTALLY UNBELIEVABLE that Oliver would be all "Bygones, let's be besties again!" after Laurel not only pulled all the resurrecting/Thea-manipulating bullshit, but also after Laurel's unwillingness to own up to and admit what she did, and that Sara then escaped and tried to kill Thea/maybe did kill other people.  I mean WTF!

• Love 6

This is why I'll also never agree with the idea that the writers hate Laurel because even though they always choose the worst way to write for her she always comes out of things totally fine with zero lasting consequences and everyone forgets what happened before because comics. It's infuriating. 

If Ray is what's in the booooooox, then a) that's a big box for a tiny man, and b) I love that it was so decorative!

Even a super villain offers better amenities to his captives than Laurel to her sister. And smartwearables! I love you guys.

lexicon, ew. I really hope you are completely wrong.

• Love 1

Ugh, of course. And yes, Oliver did what he had to in order to save his sister - WHO WAS NOT DEAD. HE DIDN'T DIG HER UP OUT OF A GRAVE, YOU MORON.

And good lord, after seeing Sara toss a hospitalized Thea like that and knowing everything's okay at the end...I really need to see the resolution to this dumb-as-fuck storyline now.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 14

Ugh, of course. And yes, Oliver did what he had to in order to save his sister - WHO WAS NOT DEAD. HE DIDN'T DIG HER UP OUT OF A GRAVE, YOU MORON.

And good lord, after seeing Sara toss a hospitalized Thea like that and knowing everything's okay at the end...I really need to see the resolution to this dumb-as-fuck storyline now.

It really looks like Sara tries to kill Thea a bunch of times.  I think I counted three.  That would have really bothered him in prior seasons, but now I guess he's all just "Oh Laurel, you're so funny, with raising your sister from the dead and then not telling me she got loose from her impromptu chains so she has a great head start to murder my sister real good!"

• Love 2

Me too @bijoux me too. You have idea how badly I want to be wrong but to be quite frank I don't see any believable way for LL's actions and the team's response to them to be resolved by the end of that episode but I think, that's exactly what's going to happen. 

Oh, Sara's totally going to be in some pit of eternal torment, and Laurel will be oh-so-right to have resurrected her, but that still doesn't excuse the dumbass behavior she displayed from the moment she unchained Sara in Nanda Parbat, and then rechained her in her basement. If Sara legit goes on a murder spree, and people die - it doesn't matter how right she was to resurrect Sara, those deaths are on Laurel.

But I really don't think anything will come of it.

Of course Laurel will be fine. It's Sara that will be paying for all the death and destruction she caused while crazy. 

And I was right. Oliver doesn't find out until he sees her. 

LMAO. See. I knew it. "It's okay for you to do what you did to save your sister but it's not for me!" THIS SHOW. Sometimes I want to strangle it.

I'm okay with Laurel being a dumbass and saying that shite after all...That's so Laurel (I love that B-T-W)

What will make me rage with the fire of a thousand burning suns is if they have Felicity jump back of the LL propping brigade to agree with that BS. FS is a kind, compassionate, intelligent woman, with a strong moral compass, if they try to have her support LL's version of "It's not fair Ollie, what you and I did is totes the same", I will be pissed.

• Love 9

What will make me rage with the fire of a thousand burning suns is if they have Felicity jump back of the LL propping brigade to agree with that BS. FS is a kind, compassionate, intelligent woman, with a strong moral compass, if they try to have her support LL's version of "It's not fair Ollie, what you and I did is totes the same", I will be pissed.

I need for at least Dig OR Felicity to take an exception with Laurel over this clusterfuck. At least one of them.

• Love 3

Oh I think someone will remind Oliver that he personally put people at risk in the LOA drama. Namely Lyla and Baby Sara. So Oliver will have more consequences for last year while Laurel has no to few consequences past the offending episodes.

And poor Sara :(

Edited by tarotx
  • Love 2

Poor Sara running around Star City without a jacket on because Laurel stole it. Haha. There's irony there, I'm sure.

I just want these episodes over with so I can go back to pretending Laurel doesn't exist. She's easy to ignore when she's BC because she just fades into the background. She's harder to ignore when she's being Laurel.

I'm okay with Laurel being a dumbass and saying that shite after all...That's so Laurel (I love that B-T-W)

I'm sure that will happen. Gotta have Diggle and Felicity propping someone. It's not Arrow otherwise. 

Why do they keep giving Laurel lines about things she doesn't freaking know anything about? Why is she spouting bullshit about about souls. I'm guessing they're gonna skip the middleman (yay?) and just have Thea prop Laurel's stupidity (boo!).

• Love 1

Episode time line speculation

Sara wrecks havoc all over, Oliver finds out (calls Constantine), Thea is attacked and put in the hospital, Felicity and Oliver go see her, Felicity leaves, Oliver and Laurel fight/talk, Sara comes back and attacks Thea, they get Sara, everyone gathers to get Sara's soul back, Oliver / Constantine / Laurel go into GhostNanda and get Sara's soul. Everything is good?

There is no accountability for any Lance.  Just none. And I actually LIKE Sara and Quentin.

There's accountability for Sara.  Basically all the Lance family accountability comes to her.  She spent six years in hell just for screwing around with her sister's boyfriend.  (Terrible thing to do, sure, but the usual punishment would be a strained relationship with her sister, not, you know, six years in hell.)

• Love 16