Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

I always thought that GA would be the middle between The Hood and The Arrow.  The Hood killed everyone  (OK, not really) and The Arrow was MUST NOT KILL ANYONE (exaggeration).  So, I figured a healthier Oliver would come to understand what Diggle already knows, that killing should always be the last possible recourse but in war killing is sometimes necessary.

He really should have killed Slade.  That whole thing was silly.  Really, it happened bc he gave Slade Mirakuru and Shado died, and then because he TRIED to kill Slade and actually failed.  If Slade doesn't come back to kill Felicity one day it'll only bc of issues with Manu.

Don't Oliver and Felicity (or just him) visit an old friend? What if it's the Huntress? And yes friend is pushing it but you never know. Or Helena is a shaky ally to the new team.

Edited by wingster55

Heads up, LA based press is seeing the premiere at a screening this afternoon. The time to go spoiler-free is now if you're so inclined. :)

Ok. A line in the sand. Yeah. I will have to say goodbye to our precious summer life lines til the premier. I felt even the WM clip was too much. I want some unseen scenes, lol.

Going to be. So. Hard.

Breaking the no kill rule seems most likely.  They have set up a villain in Coast City for the flashbacks to I don't think they will be in Russia unless it's at the end of the season.

That ice sculpture makes me think that the big dressy thing is a benefit for the Star City PD.

But why would he vow to break his no kill rule when he already broke it all over the place last year? He'd have to reaffirm his vow in order to break it again.

• Love 1

I was like Who is that blonde in the top gif?  Then I saw the crossed arms as she turned.  Oh, that's Laurel.  Go-to pose.

I don't read the SPOILER only thread, but I do read the spoiler discussion thread.  It actually works pretty well.  You don't get TOO much information that way.

Edited by SonofaBiscuit
  • Love 1

Didn't he only break the 'no kill' rule with Ra's or when he was being Al Sah him?

I think we'll get matching scenes of Oliver being happy and Team Diggle/BD/Thea being awesome at the start but DD will appear fairly early in  the episode because that's the story they want to tell.

I'm wondering if he didn't just spoil that the Flashbacks ARE taking place in Russia. Because it's okay when he spoils things.

Did he make a tirade against spoilers this summer? LOL so out of the loop :/

Not sure how Oliver and Felicity can be back right at the start unless they're doing a cold open and then flashing back to a few days ago. 

Did he make a tirade against spoilers this summer? LOL so out of the loop :/

Not exactly a tirade but he was upset when the ring and, I think, DD's powers were spoiled in an extended CW promo. But he'd premiered the first trailer on his FB page so some people think it's a bit hypocritical :)

• Love 3

Yeah, I think Laurel and Thea will show up to ask Oliver back at the 20-ish minute mark, if not before.

20 minutes of happiness in the season premiere for Oliver before shit hits the fan again? Sounds about right.
  • Love 10

Not exactly a tirade but he was upset when the ring and, I think, DD's powers were spoiled in an extended CW promo. But he'd premiered the first trailer on his FB page so some people think it's a bit hypocritical :)

Thank you =)

I like Felicity saying "Our friends need our help?  We should already be in the car" while Oliver is the one reluctant to return.

Showing again that she's the one for him.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 6

I wonder if Oliver thinks his initial return to the city is temporary? They go back to help their friends and he maybe thinks it's a one off but once there he slowly realizes that's where he's supposed to be. 

• Love 3

I won't lie: my favorite new bit is the way Thea is screaming at everyone to call her Red Arrow and everyone just going, yeah, right. Speedy it is.

As someone yet to escape my childhood nickname, I can tell that Thea and I are going to have a lot in common this season.

Edited by quarks
  • Love 7

I wonder if Oliver thinks his initial return to the city is temporary? They go back to help their friends and he maybe thinks it's a one off but once there he slowly realizes that's where he's supposed to be. 

Could be the case. I think the EPs will go out of their way to establish how settled and happy OQ is in suburbia with Felicity. It makes the wrench to leave his idyll that much harder.

Thank you SA! Always playing both sides of the spoiler coin. He really does love to be the one that spoils. I love his social media yo-yoing when he stays focused on things he knows like Arrow, its amusing.

I do love a good game of 2 lies & a truth. He really laid out a good one. The obvious lie is Huntress, unless they have somehow kept the guest starring/script in the premiere. There is absolutely no evidence for this appearance, whereas the others have some rumblings of truth to them.

But when it comes down to Russia vs. vowing to break the No-Kill rule that one is a hard one to determine. I tend to agree with people that it will probably be the No-Kill rule. I also won't deny that Russia is a possibility of the FB. However, the way he worded it that "I vow to break my no-kill rule". Well that wording is odd. I tend to think that OQ/GA will break his No-kill vow, but I can't ever imagine him "VOWING" to break it. So perhaps the FB are set in Russia.

If I had to chose a truth - I would say that the FB are set in Russia. And SA likely just revealed the top-secret snippet that everyone spent all off-season keeping under tight wraps. But I guess, since the LA media critics are going to get it soon. He probably couldn't resist the temptation. I don't think its in his nature to pass up an opportunity to be the big cheese.

Edited by kismet
  • Love 2

I have to admit I get him being upset. While the trailer he posted obviously had new material, it was not super spoilery. Many of the things were already known and now one could just see it. The ring and DD's powers were actual really big spoilers to me that I would have preferred to not see. I don't think that was the best promotion. I prefer to be a bit spoiled but this was too much almost. I would have preferred to go crazy during the episode.

• Love 11

Unfortunately, I think its the nature of spoilers & trailers. Some things will be super spoilery for some people and other things will be more expected. It's kinda the gamble you take when you watch a trailer. A lot of it too, I think depends on the intention of the trailer. The marketing analysis probably says the x, y, & z sell; so the PR dept probably will release what they think will maximize their profits (aka people watching the show). However, it does create problems from a story perspective because it does often put the cart before the horse and reveal a lot juicier parts. It sacrifices surprise/shock for viewership numbers.

Part of me is bummed that they revealed so much, but part of me is also eager to see how they got there. I think if the story & characters hold up than knowing some of the destinations along the way won't ruin my viewing experience. In many ways I think of trailers as vacation planning. I research the activities/hotspots, make a tentative list which builds up my excitement and then eventually by the time I actually go on the vacation my anticipation is running over. However, the actual vacation is what I want to go on. It's where my memories are made and my anticipations satisfied. The vacation, just like the actual show, is the real experience.

• Love 1

For some reason, Laurel Brown's tweet about the season premiere made me snicker. "Awesome, shocking, and a thrill." If "game changing" had fit in there, I'd almost think she was actually MG

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 1

I won't lie: my favorite new bit is the way Thea is screaming at everyone to call her Red Arrow and everyone just going, yeah, right. Speedy it is.

As someone yet to escape my childhood nickname, I can tell that Thea and I are going to have a lot in common this season.

Wait is that a thing? That would be funny to see.

I wonder if Thea wanting to call herself Red Arrow is the impetus for Oliver to call himself Green Arrow when he gets back.  I may not have occurred to anyone to put a colour in front of "arrow" without her.

I wonder if Thea wanting to call herself Red Arrow is the impetus for Oliver to call himself Green Arrow when he gets back.  I may not have occurred to anyone to put a colour in front of "arrow" without her.

Diggle: Yellow Arrow, Felicity: Pink Arrow and Laurel : Black Arrow. Go Go Color Arrows!

• Love 5

Oliver's going to be an ass and be Green Arrow and still call Thea Speedy. But Oliver always calls Thea Speedy so it's just what people are used to hearing her called. But really she can be Speedy the red arrow ;) 

The thing is-is Oliver going to call Thea speedy in public? So much for secret identities....

Not sure the general public knows Thea's nickname is Speedy so they might not connect the vigilante moniker with her. It sounds like only Oliver really calls her that so it could still work.

I'm really loving the news of a bedroom set being built for Oliver and Felicity (although is it only being built now?!? They're almost done with 4x07). I mean, aside from all the sexy times I hope I get to see, I just love the idea of them talking about their day, hashing out some issues, getting ready for bed, "normal" couple stuff.

• Love 5

I'm with Thea on this -- it's a stupid nickname and as an adult she deserves better.  Oliver is an ass for suggesting it but no one is forcing Diggle and Laurel to keep using it, especially over Thea's objections.  Respect the young woman.

“I think Felicity’s dad remains that topic — we were talking about it in the room yesterday. We’re always talking about it. But, again, we have to find the right story and the right moment. I guess we trust our own process, that it will come to us when it’s meant to come to us

Does that mean that they haven't written him into the story yet?  There goes a lot of my speculations.

I'm with Thea on this -- it's a stupid nickname and as an adult she deserves better.  Oliver is an ass for suggesting it but no one is forcing Diggle and Laurel to keep using it, especially over Thea's objections.  Respect the young woman.

Does that mean that they haven't written him into the story yet?  There goes a lot of my speculations.

I keep thinking they're just trying to throw us off the scent, so to speak. I mean, they were teasing him pretty hard last season and in a season where one of the main themes is family you don't introduce Felicity's dad?!?! Nah, not buying it. 

• Love 4

I keep thinking they're just trying to throw us off the scent, so to speak. I mean, they were teasing him pretty hard last season and in a season where one of the main themes is family you don't introduce Felicity's dad?!?! Nah, not buying it. 

The thing is people are expecting Felicity's dad now, in some way, so I do think they might be trying to throw us off the scent. Don't blame them. I'm starting to resent all the spoilers…and myself for reading them because I can't help it. Haha.

• Love 2

MOST IMPORTANT SPOILER OF ALL TIME.

Also, the source of said most important spoiler of all time gives me JOY. Yes.

Was totally cackling at that. Also, I love that they didn't use the Olicity hashtag (and yet it has the most faves and retweets of any Arrow premiere post they have right now)

• Love 1

I really can't tell from Craig's wording if the bedroom set is being built right now, or if it's been done from the start of the season. Someone ask him, haha.

Only if you want to get blocked. Apparently someone got blocked for tweeting (without tagging GATV) that it was funny they were the ones to break the news about the bedroom set.

Only if you want to get blocked. Apparently someone got blocked for tweeting (without tagging GATV) that it was funny they were the ones to break the news about the bedroom set.

Hmmm, probably will get blocked then because I just tweeted and asked, LOL! 

• Love 3

For reals? Lol. Wow, Craig. So salty. I kinda want the producers to give GATV the exclusive whenever they announce the wedding of Oliver and Felicity. Just to see what they do (cue that Elmo burning gif). Heh.