Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

The con is old, from August

If I read it correctly all she said was Nyssa would be on Arrow season 4.

KL's comments strongly suggested to me that Nyssa is in fact killed off. Reminded me of those weird CL comments after filming 301.

Edited by Morrigan2575

The con is old, from August

If I read it correctly all she said was Nyssa would be on Arrow season 4.

KL's comments strongly suggested to me that Nyssa is in fact killed off. Reminded me of those weird CL comments after filming 301.

And now I'm back to being bummed.

Thanks for point out the timeline. I thought I was something new. Better to be prepared. :(

You're so right, killing Nyssa would be terribly short sighted but it would be a twist! If they think they have lost the actress, they might think the best thing to do would be to go out with a bang. If they do kill Nyssa, they are evil bastards for calling it a "reunion of sorts" between Sara and Nyssa.

I think Nyssa is going to die too.Thats too bad,she had a lot of potential but all she was used for is training Laurel and the dumb LoA plot.

But if the actress got another job,they don't have much choice.I doubt Nyssa would just leave after Sara is brought back.

Nah, they're totally going to go for maximum angst. Crazy Soulless Sara will kill Nyssa.

It's awful, but I actually would prefer this to Nyssa being killed by Malcolm. Nyssa was screwed over by Malcolm too much in season three - I would be furious if he was the one to kill her.

She might leave if Sara is crazy and doesn't recognize her or want to be with her.  Maybe Nyssa decides to let Sara grow used to her new life and time the time to plot Malcolm's downfall off screen.  Then if the pilot doesn't take, she can come back from time to time.

Having Sara kill Nyssa just to show the audience why Moira and Tommy can't be brought back would be overkill and shooting themselves in the future foot. You'd think Sara's death would have taught them not to do that.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 3

:( With dead Nyssa Sara will have someone dead to potentially undo or meet in the recent past. Maybe Nyssa was super in love with Sara because future(right now's present) has meetings with past Nyssa.

• Love 1

I think Nyssa is going to die too.Thats too bad,she had a lot of potential but all she was used for is training Laurel and the dumb LoA plot.

But if the actress got another job,they don't have much choice.I doubt Nyssa would just leave after Sara is brought back.

I disagree on that. There are a multitude of different ways to deal with an actor being unavailable other than having no choice but to kill them.

Nyssa/KL is a recurring character actress, death isn't only option available to explain why Nyssa isn't around. Death is TIIC go to option but it's not the only option available

• Love 3

I disagree on that. There are a multitude of different ways to deal with an actor being unavailable other than having no choice but to kill them.

Nyssa/KL is a recurring character actress, death isn't only option available to explain why Nyssa isn't around. Death is TIIC go to option but it's not the only option available

I hope they don't kill her.Just knowing how much they like shocking moments I wouldn't be suprised if they go with the option of killing her off.

One would hope for growth in the writers and an ability to potentially predict the negative impact that Nyssa's death would have in the audience. I agree with Morrigan2575 that whilst character death is their default mode, there are other options. Can we possibly 'jailbreak' some of these writers imaginations please?

• Love 1

I'm not even sure killing Nyssa is a twist any more. Its kinda predictable at this point. I mean I totally get what everyone is saying the its the writers default & it would maximize SL angst/crazy potential. So for all of those reasons and more Nyssa is top on my death watch list.

But part of me thinks that they will not kill her, but rather find some logical way to keep her off screen. I betcha they will have Sara "kill" her, but then she will not be dead rather she will be allowed to live off screen with secret identity & actually try to be normal/happy (well as happy as you can be with ur beloved as ur crazy murderer who can't be with you). Honestly, my bet is LL's other big development will be arranging for Nyssa to break free from her LoA life & help her escape via a staged or nearly staged death.

• Love 1

I would like both of the above suggestions were it not for the Lazarus Pit. The writers let that genie out of the bottle and now there's no going back to a pre-mysticism Arrow. My theory for achieving a True Death in this or other comics based shows involves beheading, immolation resulting in cremation and the burying of only some of those ashes in salted earth, the rest to be scattered on the winds. I like to be thorough when seeking no return for a character. Please let us not even contemplate Earth 2 characters in Arrow. (Shudders)

Edited by Hipkarma

I would like both of the above suggestions were it not for the Lazarus Pit. The writers let that genie out of the bottle and now there's no going back to a pre-mysticism Arrow. My theory for achieving a True Death in this or other comics based shows involves beheading, immolation resulting in cremation and the burying of only some of those ashes in salted earth, the rest to be scattered on the winds. I like to be thorough when seeking no return for a character. Please let us not even contemplate Earth 2 characters in Arrow. (Shudders)

I don't see how the LP would directly play into her death, real or fake. I feel like the LP will not be an option for her. Or if it is used, as part of using it she will have to rescind her role in LoA & live the life of a "mortal" away from NP.

That is why if she does die, I think the writers will have her death faked (perhaps only the audience & few of characters know) because really how can any fan/writer favorite really die anymore on Arrow? With mysticism/magic & LPs we will always wonder when/how they will bring them back.

But you're right they let that genie out now & frankly it makes death harder for them to write with as much dramatic effect in the future, esp now that have used it twice. Yeah, basically the way you described a "true death" or some other graphic options is the only way I will likely believe a death on Arrow now.

Personally, I think KL is wonderful and hope the writers find it in themselves to create a way for Nyssa to believably be off canvas and able to return. I prefer to think of Sara and Nyssa getting a HEA (as far as they can) at the end of the show/s. 

As for death in general on Berlanti comic shows now? It is simply a harder sell.

• Love 1

Part of the problem that Nyssa poses is wrapped up her connection to Sara. I am afraid that TPTB may feel it's necessary to erase Nyssa in order to free Sara up on LoT.  I'm of two minds on if I'd actually WANT Sara and Nyssa to be reunited permanently (given the whole try to kill you and your mom- though in the LoA it's hardly a deal breaker) but there should be a better way to part them if need be.   

• Love 1

They have enough unattached characters on LoT (Ray, Rip, Captain Cold, Heatwave, Jay Jackson, the professor) that I hope they leave Sara having Nyssa in her life.  Unlike other sudden! gay! relationships (Murdoch Mysteries, I'm looking at you), this one has history and a lot of serious audience support.

Go for the long game, EPs.

• Love 1

It will really piss me off, it they kill Nyssa after they bring Sara back. Because at this point their LGBT characters have barely spent any time together. Instead they had Nyssa have more screentime with Sara's straight sister. They showed us that relationship but not the one between the two women who were supposed to be in a relationship.

Now they are going to bring Sara back and get rid of Nyssa. How is not ever showing us a same sex couple representing the LGBT community?

That's why I hated Nyssa and Laurel. Why wasn't Nyssa around more when Sara was alive? Why was I seeing Nyssa and Laurel instead of Nyssa and Sara?

• Love 1

Part of the problem that Nyssa poses is wrapped up her connection to Sara. I am afraid that TPTB may feel it's necessary to erase Nyssa in order to free Sara up on LoT.  I'm of two minds on if I'd actually WANT Sara and Nyssa to be reunited permanently (given the whole try to kill you and your mom- though in the LoA it's hardly a deal breaker) but there should be a better way to part them if need be.

I can see that. Free up Sara from any romantic entanglements so they're free to do whatever they want with her on LoT.

I think the best I can hope for is that Sara comes back and doesn't remember Nyssa so Nyssa sets her free. Or Nyssa doesn't believe in using the LP and turns her back on Sara because she feels that her Sara died and what was brought back is "wrong".

This way you still cut ties between Nyssa/Sara and have an in show reason for why Nyssa isn't hanging around or being helpful without killing the character off. This also leaves opportunity to bring KL/Nyssa back at some point in the future. If KL is free and there's a story to tell.

• Love 7

They have enough unattached characters on LoT (Ray, Rip, Captain Cold, Heatwave, Jay Jackson, the professor) that I hope they leave Sara having Nyssa in her life.  Unlike other sudden! gay! relationships (Murdoch Mysteries, I'm looking at you), this one has history and a lot of serious audience support.

Go for the long game, EPs.

But only two female characters and one has a reincarnated soul mate so until that dude is killed off they have only Sara. 

They better not kill her off. Her and Sara's relationship was far from perfect since this show loves their messy relationships but it would be nice to see explored somewhere down the road in present day.

The best case scenario (assuming they want to end Sara and Nyssa's relationship) would be to give them a chance to be together on LoT and then have them decide one way or the other.  

• Love 1

I can see that. Free up Sara from any romantic entanglements so they're free to do whatever they want with her on LoT.

I think the best I can hope for is that Sara comes back and doesn't remember Nyssa so Nyssa sets her free. Or Nyssa doesn't believe in using the LP and turns her back on Sara because she feels that her Sara died and what was brought back is "wrong".

This way you still cut ties between Nyssa/Sara and have an in show reason for why Nyssa isn't hanging around or being helpful without killing the character off. This also leaves opportunity to bring KL/Nyssa back at some point in the future. If KL is free and there's a story to tell.

This would be my preference as well. I am not a die-hard Nyssara shipper, and I never thought the relationship would continue after Sara joined the LoT team, but I wasn't sure how they would end it. Death is certainly one way to do that, but I hope they come up with something else that allows KL to come back down the road.

• Love 2

I hope Nyssa does not get killed off and remains as a reoccurring guest star, I really want to see her be a big pain in the ass for Malcolm, if we must have his character around this season. She has chemistry with all the cast including KC, and her character is popular.

However I fear Nyssa will be killed off as the "price"  for resurrections Sara. In order to prevent the the LP being used as a go to every-time someone dies, or to stop the questions about why don't they resurrect Moira or Tommy, there needs to be a HUGE price to using the LP to cheat death. I know LP cannon is varied and some people go crazy-pants, but for LOT sake they can't have Sara stay completely cray-cray, and if she is functional enough to save the world then that price is not steep enough to not bring back Moira or Tommy. So I think true Death of a loved one will be the cost of resurrection in the LP.

Edited by Genki
  • Love 1

I agree that the cost of resurrection must be prohibitive. I will also be interested to see what Matt Ryan's Constantine and what he brings to the Berlanti DCTVU. After all the hype, I hope they allow him a worthwhile guest spot. 

In my happy little Nyssa doesn't die world, the cost would be a combo of Sara's temporary insanity and other bad stuff unleashed with her. Constantine would be the one perhaps to make them aware of the costs and since he wouldn't be around all the time to fix the problems (and perhaps it will nearly be impossible even with him) no one would dare try it again.

I have never watched Constantine, so I have no idea what his powers are. But perhaps he removes SL's memory? It might then be more acceptable for Nyssa to leave because SL would have no memory of her and it might give them both a clean slate to live apart from each other. Losing your identity is a pretty steep price to pay, no additional deaths required.

Is it possible that as part of her saving her soul, restoring her from the cray-cray that he has to completely wipe all of SL's memories/identity. He may be able to keep her muscle memory & basic functions intact, which is why she is still a fighter. But he wipes out her entire emotional processing centers of the brain. Thereby removing all of SL's emotional attachments to Nyssa, TA and maybe even the Lances. To me that would be an extreme price to pay, because you are never going to get the person back. So if the cost of resurrecting someone is that they forget everything that made them who they are, that would be a price that I'm not sure I would be willing to pay to bring a loved one back from the dead dead dead.

And on an related side-note, if they wanted to bring back Tommy they theoretically could and just tell us he was brought back years ago and has been hiding. We never saw his burial, so for me its more believable that Tommy was resurrected by LP, than SL. He could have gone in nearly dead, not dead dead dead. Not saying they will, just saying that option is open to bringing Tommy back because the circumstances around his death/burial were more vague. Moira on the other hand though is never going to be eligible to be brought back, based upon whatever happens to SL post-LP. Her death & burial were pretty established/finalized on the show.

• Love 2

Constantine doesn't and wouldn't do something like that, at least not based on his own show. Constantine used magic spells, talismans etc, he doesn't have any innate powers of his own. He's also a big consequences guy, no easy actions or happy endings. The show itself was massively dark, in ways that Arrow never could hope to reach. Constantine basically sets one of his friend's up to die a horrible death in order to stop a hunger demon (that the friend accidentally released).

I have no idea what they'll do with the character on Arrow but if they stick to the Constantine show version (which was apparently very close to comic version) he wouldn't wipe her memory even if he could.

I have never watched Constantine, so I have no idea what his powers are. But perhaps he removes SL's memory? It might then be more acceptable for Nyssa to leave because SL would have no memory of her and it might give them both a clean slate to live apart from each other. Losing your identity is a pretty steep price to pay, no additional deaths required.

I haven't watched Comstantine either, but the problem is that, from what has been said here, KL has not been on set since 403. Constantine doesn't come around until 405. So it seems likely that whatever reason they've come up with for Nyssa not to be around post-Sara resurrection is something that happens before Constantine comes on the scene, not something he does.

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 1

The EP's said that what happens with Sara is the reason they are not going to bring anyone else back from the dead (this year). So the consequence has to be something really steep for that to work. A life for a life would work which could be Nyssa, complete Memory loss is another or one that I would prefer so we don't have another female death and we don't lose the Sara we know, would be for Sara to be immortal. She'll now have to live forever with all of her pain and suffering and never be able to grow old and stop fighting. She'll be trapped in this world forever. That could also tie into the DD and Vandal Savage by showing what happens to people the longer they stay alive. That's not a decision that I think anyone would want to make for a loved one. 

• Love 1

Regarding Sara, I don't think we will be seeing the same Sara that we have seen till now. From whatever info we have got from LOT, it seems as if the other team mates will have reservations about her joining the team (mainly Atom). We also know that she will be the most dangerous member of the team (comic con panel re Geoff Johns).

So apart from losing Nyssa, Sara's personality will definitely undergo changes and for the worse.

Not to go too much into LoT but I thought Sara's emotional issues and what makes her dangerous and why people aren't thrilled having her on the team is because she basically has a death wish? She doesn't really care about living/dying and takes insane risks.

• Love 3

I think she would've been the most dangerous regardless of what happens to her. She's a trained killer, the rest are common criminals (with specialized weapons), scientists and do gooders. 

From CL she's thinking Sara's dangerous because she reckless and doesn't care about dying. That's a saying tv/movies love using, the person that is most dangerous is the one with nothing to lose 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 3

I don't know if they'd do the memory wipe but I read a fan fic where the consequence of the LP was forgetting whoever you loved most. That was in a way worse than had everyone been forgotten.

I don't think they will go there with Sara because what would be the point of bringing Sara back to life if she's not informed by the past we the audience knows? They might as well have brought in a new actress if we are getting only the shell and not the soul.

I want Sara back, even a darker broken Sara, not a blank reboot.

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 3

I want Sara back too. Darker, slightly crazy Sara is fine as long as she's the Sara we know. The girl has "died" four times, one time for real and she still came back to life. If that doesn't make someone fearless I don't know what would. 

I also hope Sara can find some peace and happiness as of now she's had it worse than Oliver and he gets to finally be happy.

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 2

Memory loss wouldn't be enough to stop future use.  Oliver would still toss Thea or Felicity in even if they wouldn't remember him/anyone.  I think once the tossee is really dead, it is a life for a life, and you can't control who dies (bc of course Oliver would happily die for, pretty much, anyone).