Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

So it sounds very much like Ronnie will die and that will put Caitlin on her path to Killer Frost. HOW ORIGINAL. MUCH SURPRISE.

I still don't know whether that's game changing for Arrow though, and I'm assuming SA's picture was related to Arrow. Unless he was being a sneaky sneakster and tricking all of us.

• Love 1
I still don't know whether that's game changing for Arrow though, and I'm assuming SA's picture was related to Arrow. Unless he was being a sneaky sneakster and tricking all of us.

It could be also a scene for the LoT 2-parter premiere, which is still filming.

I'm still rooting for Ray's funeral. Although Ronnie is probably dead, but if that is the case - why is there nobody else from the Flash at the funeral? Perhaps this scene is just for Arrow post funeral, but there still would be others filming at Ronnie's funeral.

IDK, frankly, I think the funeral is completely inconsequential to the ARROW story. So I'm just gonna file this pic as SA playing sneaky & promoting the whole game changing of the DCTV universe and not ARROW. And honestly, I'm not that invested in what happens outside of ARROW. I'll watch the shows, but don't care to really pick apart spoilers or minutiae of pics.

If there are Andy Diggle scenes, I want them to be in flashbacks where Oliver meets him and doesn't know the connection to John.  Otherwise if he's alive now, it makes the whole "John Diggle is in love with his sister-in-law Carly" plot of s1 even more squicky.

I'm still rooting for Ray's funeral. Although Ronnie is probably dead, but if that is the case - why is there nobody else from the Flash at the funeral? Perhaps this scene is just for Arrow post funeral, but there still would be others filming at Ronnie's funeral.

I thin there is something funny about the timing of Ray's disappearance i.e. it wasn't before Oliver and Felicity left town, but hasn't Starling already been renamed to Star City?  That would mean that Ray has been dead long enough for the slow wheels of bureaucracy to rename the city.

So it sounds very much like Ronnie will die and that will put Caitlin on her path to Killer Frost. HOW ORIGINAL. MUCH SURPRISE.

I hope not. It's so done to death although fridging a male character would at least be a little different.  But it would also mean that they would need to replace Caitlin on Barry's team (second team member to turn evil!) and I like the character.

Maybe the game-changer part has something to do with their secret and not-secret identities?  I can hope.

If there are Andy Diggle scenes, I want them to be in flashbacks where Oliver meets him and doesn't know the connection to John.  Otherwise if he's alive now, it makes the whole "John Diggle is in love with his sister-in-law Carly" plot of s1 even more squicky.

I thin there is something funny about the timing of Ray's disappearance i.e. it wasn't before Oliver and Felicity left town, but hasn't Starling already been renamed to Star City?  That would mean that Ray has been dead long enough for the slow wheels of bureaucracy to rename the city.

Maybe the game-changer part has something to do with their secret and not-secret identities?  I can hope.

Maybe its a combination memorial service/dedication/naming ceremony... We saw the sign, but bureaucracy runs slow & official ceremonies take awhile to happen - so maybe the timing is off for that reason. If its about Ray then it makes sense to be in these episodes that are closer to LoT episodes. But if its about Ronnie, where is the rest of the cast?

I don't think they are going to reveal their secret identities to the world this early in the season. I just don't think they're changing that much of the game so soon in both of the shows run.

I hope not. It's so done to death although fridging a male character would at least be a little different.  But it would also mean that they would need to replace Caitlin on Barry's team (second team member to turn evil!) and I like the character.

I think we all hope this doesn't happen. But these show runners are like the most predictable writers ever lately. There was a similar pattern in The Flash s1 as was on Arrow, so I can see them following the same format. They don't really see the problem with killing off characters to start the journey of another. It's like the lowest form of creative storytelling ever. 

Edited by Angel12d
  • Love 1

"Peter Francis James has been cast in the role of Dr. Aldus Boardman on DC's Legends of Tomorrow, ComicBook.com has learned exclusively. The character, who appears to be unique to the TV show, will first appear in the Arrow crossover episode, then continue in the role on DC’s Legends of Tomorrow."

http://comicbook.com/2015/09/24/exclusive-legends-of-tomorrow-casts-peter-francis-james-as-key-p/

Not sure how I feel about them bringing him on during ARROW, I wish they had kept him just on LoT. But I do think he is a good addition to the supporting network of characters on LoT. I don't seem him being a major arc player, but I do like that the major arc characters will have resources & allies to turn to. And I always have a soft spot for Academia & professors making their way onto shows, esp. when there is mythology being built.

Edited by kismet

Then there's me on the other end, stuck having to watch Arrow again with a character I want to disappear forever just to see the character I do care about.  

Yeah but the good thing for you is that you get to drop Arrow once Sara moves to LoT. We're stuck watching Arrow be about everyone else but, you know, Arrow. It's frustrating.

• Love 9

"Peter Francis James has been cast in the role of Dr. Aldus Boardman on DC's Legends of Tomorrow, ComicBook.com has learned exclusively. The character, who appears to be unique to the TV show, will first appear in the Arrow crossover episode, then continue in the role on DC’s Legends of Tomorrow."

http://comicbook.com/2015/09/24/exclusive-legends-of-tomorrow-casts-peter-francis-james-as-key-p/

Wow.  Might as well just call 208/408 Legends of Tomorrow with guest appearances by Arrow and Flash cast members....LOL

• Love 11

This really sounds like a lot of characters for these crossover episodes, especially if three or four Flash characters show up on Arrow and vice versa. 

• Love 3

It sounds very much like 408/208 will have Flash/Arrow characters onscreen for like a minute while they introduce everyone else. Barry and Oliver will obviously get more screen time but everyone else will likely get a passing moment, like Quentin and Laurel did in the s3 crossover.

• Love 3

It sounds very much like 408/208 will have Flash/Arrow characters onscreen for like a minute while they introduce everyone else. Barry and Oliver will obviously get more screen time but everyone else will likely get a passing moment, like Quentin and Laurel did in the s3 crossover.

I'm suddenly very happy TIIC decided against using a episode to spin off The Flash. We had just enough of Barry to either be interested enough to watch his show or not. I'm not even against crossovers and spin-offs. It just all seems excessive this time around.

• Love 8

I'm suddenly very happy TIIC decided against using a episode to spin off The Flash. We had just enough of Barry to either be interested enough to watch his show or not. I'm not even against crossovers and spin-offs. It just all seems excessive this time around.

Same. I'm not against crossovers of spinoffs but I don't like the way they handle them. I feel like all we're doing is spending time setting up another show rather than time better spent on the characters we already have. 

I thought the way they introduced Barry to the audience was perfect and I enjoyed the Flarrow crossovers last year but this build up to LoT seems excessive, I agree completely.

• Love 8

Flash as a comic character is more popular than Green Arrow, so they didn't really need Arrow to spin off the Flash. Did people like getting to see Barry before watching his show, probably. But I think the Flash could've stood on it's own. 

LoT needs both Arrow and Flash to start them off because they are made up of secondary characters and new characters that are not as well known. 

I agree with you, calliope1975. TIIC saw how successful the first crossover was and now they've gone into overdrive. Unlike you though, I'm already over the whole crossover concept. I liked the first one, but I hate that they're now using them as springboards for the shiny new toys. I thought we are already getting 7 Arrow episodes devoted for helping launch LOT (which IDGAF about), but now the crossover too? Grrrrr.

• Love 6

I just wanted the Cross over to be about Sara (and I guess Ray) being recruited by Rip. And then the Arrow characters dealing with the knowledge of what's happening to Sara (and Ray). I don't need history on the Hawks here. Imo Sara is a Arrow character. She was created for Arrow and not the spin off even if her resurrection is for Legends. Fleshing out what's happening with her and sending her off I feel is important for Sara, Lance and Laurel. 3 Arrow characters. Oliver is the main character and I want his story to be front and center. A crossover dealing with new LOT characters just seems annoying. 

Edited by tarotx
  • Love 3

It's annoying how many characters for LoT are going to be appearing on Arrow.I hope they're not dumping it all there while the flash barely does any setting up.I don't understand why some of then have to even be set up at all.I get it for Sara and Ray but others can easily be introduced on LoT.

• Love 3

The fact that they're using Arrow to set up LoT (a show that I'm definitely not watching) is a complete turn-off and another reason why I'm probably not watching Arrow this season.  Like, I had to endure an entire season of Ray Palmer torture.  Was that not enough?!  I don't want to watch your stupid new show, so why are you wasting my time with spinoff characters that I don't care about?!  Oh, this makes me incredibly frustrated.  Arrow had its turn with Ray Palmer, now it is The Flash's turn to prop these new characters.

• Love 5

I think Arrow is getting Sara, Ray, Hawkman and I guess the new character, Flash is getting Captain Cold, Heatwave, Hawkgirl and Firestorm. That seems pretty even to me at least character wise. 

The rest (Rip and the new half of Firestorm) I'm assuming are showing up in the giant crossover event. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 1

Arrow had to launch on its own merits and introduce the audience to the characters without the benefit of another show so all of the spin offs should do the same thing.

Oliver was sidelined from his own show too much in season 3 for my liking, it's beyond time to shift focus on Arrow back to...the actual Arrow.

• Love 12

They are, aren't they? Some of these people are showing up on The Flash, and some of them are showing up on Arrow. 

Probably?  I have no idea...haven't read too many spoilers.  Sara showing up on Arrow makes sense since she originated on this show.  I hate Ray, so while it would make sense for him to show up on Arrow, DON'T WANT.  The rest should go to The Flash.  Let that show waste the first third of its season on the new characters since Arrow was forced to waste an entire freaking season on Ray Palmer's story.

Edited by SonofaBiscuit
  • Love 7

The Flash crossover last year was an improvement over the utter suckage imo that was S3 from the last five minutes of The Calm on, so I didn't mind it. Actually, and although I don't watch/don't even like the Flash, I understand its fans who don't take kindly Arrow characters showing up "every other episode".

Wow.  Might as well just call 208/408 Legends of Tomorrow with guest appearances by Arrow and Flash cast members....LOL

Crossing 408 off my schedule. And now, I'm back to waiting for the first recaps before I watch the season premiere.

I know I can't have my cake and eat it, too. Example: My only interest in LoT is Sara, because she's a "real" Arrow character, as said above. I'm looking forward to her resurrection on the show she originated on. Now, I know that if I want to see Sara, I'm going to have to sit through Laurel scenes and I look forward to it as much as I'm looking forward to my next dentist appointment. Another even more unpleasant perspective is not knowing whether they're going to assassinate my dear Quentin further during this storyline. But well, it's part of Arrow.

But when I watch and episode of Arrow, I'm entitled  (yep, yep, yep, damn freaking entitled) to get an episode of Arrow, not some proto-LoT thing. Damn, I was so optimistic about S4 like a week ago.

Edited by Happy Harpy
  • Love 4

I think Arrow is getting Sara, Ray, Hawkman and I guess the new character, Flash is getting Captain Cold, Heatwave, Hawkgirl and Firestorm. That seems pretty even to me at least character wise. 

I think that the problem occurs where, Captain Cold, Heatwave & Firestorm were a part of The Flash's storylines they are spinning off popular characters, while Ray caused changes to Arrow solely for the sake of setting him up as a spin-off. Isolating Felicity on Palmer Island and making her support him as character rather than the other way around, sucking up the budget for the suit, propping by Arrow characters, tonal shift in his scene compared to the rest of the show, sidelining the main character, crossovers that made no sense in the timeline, he was needlessly inserted into Diggle & Lyla's wedding!!!! Makes me annoyed about S3 all over again

Sara's death was a horrible mistake and I'm OK with them reversing it on Arrow, as long as it doesn't take up too much time and give too much Lance family drama, but I'm annoyed that after all that, we will be stuck with the Canary I don't care for at all.

• Love 11

I think Sara's storyline should be done on Arrow because this is where her family is, Quentin and Laurel, and it gives them a (hopefully) good storyline, not to mention her connections to Oliver, Diggle and Felicity.

I hope Ray's storyline will give me some good stuff for Felicity and her new BFF.  So far, so good.

But Hawkman and the new character and whoever else turns up?  No, thank you.  Not unless there is a good way to incorporate them in terms of story.  I don't give a fig about Captain Cold or Heatwave  (they are a negative for me on the new show) and if they along with Hawkgirl show up on the cross-over eps, I'm going to to be finding something else to do while they are on.

Not looking forward to seeing a professor on the show. I'm sure he'll be 1000% better than the profs I know in real life.

1. That was always squicky. I was just willing to power through it since I love Diggle. I felt it was crazy to try to pull it off after already having the Queen-Lance triangle. And look, there's one end of it dead. Or "dead". Whatever.

2. I didn't really want to mention it, but what about Oliver pulling a Tony Stark? I'm throwing it out there to counteract it more than anything else, really.

Same. I'm not against crossovers of spinoffs but I don't like the way they handle them. I feel like all we're doing is spending time setting up another show rather than time better spent on the characters we already have. 

I thought the way they introduced Barry to the audience was perfect and I enjoyed the Flarrow crossovers last year but this build up to LoT seems excessive, I agree completely.

I feel like they're already going overboard with crossing people over. Yes, the crossover was great. However, I stumbled upon Laurel's scenes with Cisco on The Flash getting her thingamajig on Youtube the other day. I was stunned, because isn't this something that should have happened on the show Laurel's on? Like, what else did I miss about Arrow characters by not watching The Flash?

I think that the problem occurs where, Captain Cold, Heatwave & Firestorm were a part of The Flash's storylines they are spinning off popular characters, while Ray caused changes to Arrow solely for the sake of setting him up as a spin-off. Isolating Felicity on Palmer Island and making her support him as character rather than the other way around, sucking up the budget for the suit, propping by Arrow characters, tonal shift in his scene compared to the rest of the show, sidelining the main character, crossovers that made no sense in the timeline, he was needlessly inserted into Diggle & Lyla's wedding!!!! Makes me annoyed about S3 all over again

Especially after Felicity mentioned getting ordained online. Like, how does that not make more sense? Especially seeing as they were supposed to be getting married by a friend of Lyla's so apparently having somebody familar performing the ceremony meant something to them. Maybe the shots of Oliver staring forelornly at Felicity wouldn't have worked that well with her three feet from him and her having to focus on Dig and Lyla insted of trying to sneak looks at him. But. Come. On.

Edited by bijoux
  • Love 3

I feel like they're already going overboard with crossing people over. Yes, the crossover was great. However, I stumbled upon Laurel's scenes with Cisco on The Flash getting her thingamajig on Youtube the other day. I was stunned, because isn't this something that should have happened on the show Laurel's on? Like, what else did I miss about Arrow characters by not watching The Flash?

Yep. I begrudge having to watch The Flash for Arrow characters. It wouldn't be so bad if I was invested in that show but I'm not. I can pretty much take it or leave it, tbh.

Well, on The Flash we learned the exact name of Felicity's degree from MIT and how she was ranked 2nd in a national computer competition. And we also had some major hints about how she was feeling after her failed date with Oliver and IMO that was missing from Arrow for many episodes. I felt like we didn't really see where her head/heart was at for a long time. It was really annoying. So yeah. I don't want that to keep happening.

• Love 1

Yep. I begrudge having to watch The Flash for Arrow characters. It wouldn't be so bad if I was invested in that show but I'm not. I can pretty much take it or leave it, tbh.

Well, on The Flash we learned the exact name of Felicity's degree from MIT and how she was ranked 2nd in a national computer competition. And we also had some major hints about how she was feeling after her failed date with Oliver and IMO that was missing from Arrow for many episodes. I felt like we didn't really see where her head/heart was at for a long time. It was really annoying. So yeah. I don't want that to keep happening.

Well, yeah, that was totally unnecessary on the show she's a regular on. AKA the one where the date happened. Sigh. What were the clues?

Veering off topic somewhat, but now I remember finally sussing out that Oliver's life expectancy thing also came from The Flash. I was very confused about people online talking about it, thinking whether it came from the comics or if I had dozed off during an episode and forgot it.

• Love 1

I think Sara's storyline should be done on Arrow because this is where her family is, Quentin and Laurel, and it gives them a (hopefully) good storyline, not to mention her connections to Oliver, Diggle and Felicity.

I hope Ray's storyline will give me some good stuff for Felicity and her new BFF. So far, so good.

But Hawkman and the new character and whoever else turns up? No, thank you. Not unless there is a good way to incorporate them in terms of story. I don't give a fig about Captain Cold or Heatwave (they are a negative for me on the new show) and if they along with Hawkgirl show up on the cross-over eps, I'm going to to be finding something else to do while they are on.

Not looking forward to seeing a professor on the show. I'm sure he'll be 1000% better than the profs I know in real life.

I have a feeling the professor is connected to RP which is why Arrow gets stuck with him. Because we are stuck with RP again because hes technically an Arrow character (even tho I call bullshit on that). He's just another character, shouldn't really belong to a or f. Oh how I wish we could trade RP for BA, he started on our show too right? But arrow will get sadddled with hawkman, the professor & RP. Here's hoping its better than their other RPs arcs.

Sara's resurrection belongs on Arrow. I'm ok with it, even all the Lance drama because its part of the package. I think I will miss when we lose the Canary though.

Ray may have 3 PhDs (which I'll never understand) but why would he still be in touch with his old professors?  He's a businessman.  Oh, wait, the prof is involved with getting him big again. Silly me.

CTV was doing previews of its returning shows and there was in interview with Victor Garber who said that his character, Stein, is the smart one on the new show.  And my daughter said "See, even he doesn't think Ray Palmer is smart."

• Love 4

Ray may have 3 PhDs (which I'll never understand) but why would he still be in touch with his old professors? He's a businessman. Oh, wait, the prof is involved with getting him big again. Silly me.

CTV was doing previews of its returning shows and there was in interview with Victor Garber who said that his character, Stein, is the smart one on the new show. And my daughter said "See, even he doesn't think Ray Palmer is smart."

I think multiple PhDs is TV short hand for Super Genius. Reid on Criminal Minds has a couple of PhDs and several Masters Degrees. IIRC, Sam on Quantum Leap had 7 PhDs.
  • Love 1
Especially after Felicity mentioned getting ordained online. Like, how does that not make more sense? Especially seeing as they were supposed to be getting married by a friend of Lyla's so apparently having somebody familar performing the ceremony meant something to them. Maybe the shots of Oliver staring forelornly at Felicity wouldn't have worked that well with her three feet from him and her having to focus on Dig and Lyla insted of trying to sneak looks at him. But. Come. On.

Nah, I think the forelorny looks would have been better. It would have been all over his face. Everyone would have known. The problem is we wouldn't have been able to see FS staring at either RP or OQ, depending upon how the editor cut it. So for plotty reasons, the writers needed to make RP the minister. Personally, I wish they had anyone else be the minister, because I think that Dyla's wedding should have taken precedence over the angsty love triangle. But what is done is done, moving fwd I hope they prioritize character over plot.

Despite the EPs saying that they learned from mistakes they made with Arrow, it just seems like they're repeating things on The Flash.  Now just read this TV Guide synopsis for The Flash S2 premiere: "Barry decides he needs to protect the city on his own."  Apparently, after Eddie's death, Barry pushes away his Star LABS team to protect them and goes it alone.  Sound familiar?

If the Flash crossover episode (2x08) airs before the Arrow crossover episode (4x08), which seems likely, then the LoT set-up story would begin on Flash and continue on Arrow. This means that new LoT characters first introduced on Flash could continue on to Arrow, which would then introduce additional new LoT characters (unless some LoT characters stay behind in Central City).

So it's conceivable that Arrow 4x08 could include all of the following guest characters...

Definitely:
Sara Lance aka the Canary
Ray Palmer aka the Atom
Barry Allen aka The Flash
Hawkman (first appears on Arrow)
Dr. Aldus Boardman (first appears on Arrow)

Maybe:(*)
Hawkgirl
Vandal Savage

(*) Spoilers were unclear whether they would show up on Flash or Arrow crossover first, though Hawkgirl did have a cameo on Flash's S1 finale.

Possible:
Other Flash regulars
Dr. Martin Stein
Jay Jackson
Captain Cold
Heat Wave
Rip Hunter

EDITED TO ADD:  The Casper Crump tweet posted on page 620 of this thread indicates that Vandal Savage first appears on The Flash crossover episode.

Edited by tv echo

Eddie is Barrys first major loss as a superhero, of course he is going to take it hard and feel like he is putting his friends in harms way, as long as it doesn't last for more then 2 episodes, i think it will be fine. It's better then having Iris having to be doom and gloom about it.

• Love 5

A friend of mine visited the first day of LOT shooting last week and she talked to Caity Lotz who told her that unlike Arrow, LOT has a lot of scenes (action and not action) where it's the whole team together. So I'm thinking that is how it will be with the Cross over. I'm thinking about that huge table in the new Arrow Cave and thinking that a large chunk of the cross over episode will be in the Arrow cave and of course action. 

Edited by tarotx
  • Love 2