Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

Hey look an engagement that will probably never end up happening.  I'm sorry I'm being negative. All the happy stuff with Olicity scares me. I feel like it's setting us up to be crushed.

Well I can see Wednesday nights will be full of Darkness between Arrow and SPN. Can I borrow a flashlight?

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 3

But now Laurel can get the ultimate approval for herself as Black Canary - Sara will surely, at some point, tell Laurel that she is the TRUE BC and that Sara was really just channeling her inner-LAUREL when she was a vigilante. So Sara will take the white color because...something...so Laurel can fulfill her density as BC.

I think the storyline is intended to establish Laurel as the true BC. Saving Private Laurel campaign, on since 2013...never give up, never surrender or so it seems.

The problem is: it's Laurel, and so far I have the feeling that everything they tried to tell in a certain way about that character was taken in a whole other by (a certain/a big part of?) the audience, even when using a beloved (at least by Orlando Jones and William Shatner) character to convey the message. "Backfiring" might be a better term to qualify the reaction re:you have a light she never had.

Moreover, they might resurrect Sara but I don't think that it will make people forget that in the eyes of many, the writers didn't only kill, they fridged Sara for Laurel -you won't make me swallow that comic book fans/writers didn't know exactly what they were doing when using this particular image. People who resented Laurel for Sara's death did it all the more for it.

So in order to benefit Laurel, Sara's return would have to be written with utmost care and subtlety...and in Sara's perspective, imo. Unfortunately, when I look at the track record of any storyline involving Laurel, well...

(Nevertheless, I don't rule out that the writers definitely throw Quentin under a bus in order to make Laurel look good in comparison.)   

I'm much more optimistic than you about it, because Sara Lance is the one getting the spinoff, not Laurel.  I mean, I think Sara will do something to let Laurel know she's worthy, but they can't crap all over Sara or have Laurel totally whup her in a fight and then send her off to her spinoff in which she seems to be second lead.  Real second lead. 

Is it a reference to TVLine's order for the scoops about Arrow characters? Because it says a lot, imo :D

And about those scoops, sorry not sorry, but I don't care that Laurel's storyline will be finding her place on the team, since for me, she has no place on the team and probably never will. Whenever I saw her on the trailer, I wanted 1) her gone 2) Roy back in his rightful place instead. And if he could get Walter and Moira back with him, and Slade and Deadshot back from stoopid policies' hell, too, thank you.

That said, I didn't like Wendy Mericle's bit about Laurel having to find a new relationship with Oliver now that Felicity is in the picture. How should it matter now? Felicity is Oliver's wife, I mean, girlfriend, and was the only one for him for the whole last season. Laurel wasn't a LI for Oliver since she made a pass at him in S2 and he rejected her, which on top of it had nothing to do with any other female character or any other character at all, for that matter. Oliver and Laurel, from what I read and the little I saw, had almost no interaction, and no significant one, for the whole last season. So why the heck use that angle? Why would she care that Felicity is in the picture? Finding a new relationship after disagreeing about pretty much everything (?) in S3, finding a new relationship after they've been estranged for so long, finding a new relationship after both realized they never knew each other at all, ok I could see it...but really, why replace Laurel in the position of the discarded Love Interest and reactivate negative feelings about her (arguably) failed role in that respect whereas her selling point is precisely supposed to be that she isn't a LI?

Just in case: 1) There's nothing wrong with being a LI if the character has a personality and a point beside it and 2) I don't like Laurel anyway, no hypocrisy, I'm just baffled by the imo continuous misteps made with the character, writing and PR-wise.

Otherwise... oh, yeah, I'm waiting for Thea's Intended Love Interest (they worked so well for Arrow so far, didn't they?) with the same "impatience" as I was waiting for Cray-cRay. Maybe it will be a Barry. I hope so. But I borrowed Felicity's machine gun, just in case. Welcome, kid! (Not the actor, of course!)

Nevertheless, I'm mostly looking forward most part of S4, and I didn't think it would be possible after the crapfest that was S3 for me. I lurve Curtis, because for now I'm less worried that he'll take Diggle's place in Felicity's life, which was my main concern about that new character.

My major concern is the Oliver/Diggle conflict. I hoped that it would be solved in the beginning of S4, since it's a nonsensical inheritance of the crapfest imo. If the developments are good, maybe I can still enjoy the show if it reappears later on, but I still fear a recurring nonsense ala Malcolm S3. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Edit: while I was typing...I'll take the engagement tropes if I don't have to go through the foiled/failed engagement clichés. Hart to Hart is coming! It had better be, anyway.

Edited by Happy Harpy
  • Love 5

Don't worry. He's not going to get around to asking her - Thea and Laurel show up.

Oh thank god. 

NOW I can proceed to smile like an idiot.

If this is hte premier, he's definitely going to propose in the finale. That's just how Arrow works :')

• Love 3

Wow. I'm totally shocked. I never expected it to happen this soon. Is it weird that I'm glad they get interrupted? Now we're just going to be waiting for him to propose basically all season. I love it!

I wonder if they were like screw it after people on twitter actually mentioned a ring in the souffle.

3x01 = interrupted date. 3x23 = ride into the sunset.

4x01 = interrupted propsal. 4x23 = wedding?

• Love 4

HOLY shit! I thought it was just twitter being twitter, esp after the MachaWickett story. But seriously, facebook confirmed it. And then my WIFI literally crashed, not even joking. It stopped working for a few minutes.

Don't wanna be smug in my little corner over here, but I so called an engagement. You know I don't even care if it gets broken up in a trope way and doesn't happen officially until later. The fact that Oliver Queen was planning on romantically proposing to Felicity to me is enough that an engagement was basically a done deal. I don't care if the show is using technicalities to get out of showing it or making it happen,

• Love 5

Here for the flailing party if anyone wants to just flail around with me oh MY GOD.

I can't wait to see how the writers pull out all the angsty stops after all this, I am here for all of that. I predict the season ends with Oliver thinking Felicity is dead/her father or whoever kidnapping her. Love it.

• Love 4

Can I just say that I hate that we again missed those important months/moments leading up to Oliver asking her to marry him like we did with him asking her out on a date? I want the little moments, and not just the big ones. That's what made me fall in love with this ship in the first place- all of the little "not important" moments between the two of them. Now it's like they write the Big Moments in the premiere/finales and then let us fill in the gaps with fanfic and headcanon. That's not how it works.

I want Oliver and Felicity happy and together, but first I think Oliver needs to work on more of his issues first? And then they can be their dumb in love selves that I love so much

Edited by HighHopes
  • Love 16

Now I'm back to pissed. WHY WOULD THEY SPOIL THAT WTF CW

Because the CW promo monkeys suck! Seriously.  They spoil. They edit things in and out of promos that never even make it to air sometimes. It boggles my mind

Can I just say that I hate that we again missed those important months/moments leading up to Oliver asking her to marry him like we did with him asking her out on a date? I want the little moments, and not just the big ones. That's what made me fall in love with this ship in the first place- all of the little "not important" moments between the two of them. Now it's like they write the Big Moments in the premiere/finales and then let us fill in the gaps with fanfic and headcanon. That's not how it works. 

I want Oliver and Felicity happy and together, but first I think Oliver needs to work on more of his issues before that can really happen... 

I agree at missing out on the development. I'm okay with them being together while they both work on things together. 

• Love 2

Because the CW promo monkeys suck! Seriously. They spoil. They edit things in and out of promos that never even make it to air sometimes. It boggles my mind

I agree at missing out on the development. I'm okay with them being together while they both work on things together.

They really, really do

I want Oliver and Felicity happy and together, but first I think Oliver needs to work on more of his issues first? And then they can be their dumb in love selves that I love so much

I'm pretty sure that's what's going to happen. Obviously he actually isn't going to propose to her in the premiere. 

He was ready to do it as civilian OQ, but he'll need all season (or longer) to get it together enough as Green Arrow to ask her again.

• Love 4

I want Oliver and Felicity happy and together, but first I think Oliver needs to work on more of his issues before that can really happen... 

I hear you.... I miss those moments too. But on the plus side, I don't have the writers messing them up. I don't think they are great at writing onscreen romance, but I am open to them trying. So I can make the little moments as amazing & fun;) as my mind or the creative minds of fan fic allow. In some ways its liberating. But I really do want to see more little moments in s4, I think we'll get that. Just because he puts a ring on it, doesn't mean romance or little moments are dead. OQ is nothing but a lovesick puppy dog when FS is in the room, and now that he can touch her whenever & wherever he wants it can only get better. ;)

I say cheers to them being happy & together. Everyone has issues, that's a lifelong battle - I'm just glad they are choosing the right partner - that makes all the difference.

• Love 2

There you go my precious

Screen_Shot_2015_09_10_at_6_49_45_PM.png

Now excuse me.. I need to go and scream for a bit.

Is it sad that this is the best thing that has happened to me all week? (besides the wine tasting (drinking) at my wine classes- but that's always awesome)

Edited by foreverevolving
  • Love 13

I so totally get it -_- I wanted them to actually have a season of being together before Oliver proposing? But maybe that's what we're going to get? Like Oliver knows he wants to be with Felicity. It's easier for him to be 'normal' when he's away from everything. So when he gets back, he'll have to deal with his issues head on which is why he won't propose until the season finale?

I HOPE!? -_-

• Love 4

I can't believe that the CW being their amazing selves at making promo materials is what got me out of lurkdom. Keep on keepin' on, CW promo people.

3x01 = interrupted date. 3x23 = ride into the sunset.

4x01 = interrupted propsal. 4x23 = wedding?

Sounds good. I dig it! :) Even with my apprehension about all the magic and mysticism (and Diggle's costume), I'm actually really super excited about the 4th season. Particularly since I love almost all the guest stars that have been announced, so far (even though I know Arrow has a tendency to kinda waste their guest stars). Oliver was planning to propose to Felicity! And he put the ring in a souffle that he made himself! *Cackling to myself with glee*

• Love 6

Here for the flailing party if anyone wants to just flail around with me oh MY GOD.

I can't wait to see how the writers pull out all the angsty stops after all this, I am here for all of that. I predict the season ends with Oliver thinking Felicity is dead/her father or whoever kidnapping her. Love it.

Flailing and Squealing right there with you! 

Yes, I'm aware of all the truth being spouted here about it getting interrupted and being too soon and angst--BUT, I'm so happy anyway!  Oliver Queen wants to MARRY Felicity Smoak!  Off to go plan the bridal shower so it's ready as soon as she says yes--whether it's on October 7th, December, or May 2016!!

• Love 4

3 minutes ago

I can't believe that the CW being their amazing selves at making promo materials is what got me out of lurkdom. Keep on keepin' on, CW promo people.

I legit can't tell if this is sarcasm or not. LOL

• Love 1

I'm going to bet either a winter finale (to coincide with the reinstatement of the Queen Christmas Gala) or February sweeps (to coincide with Valentine's Day) proposal. Sorry, I just don't see it lasting a whole season. I think it will be the something that helps transition us to the next part of the DD/HIVE story.

Let me set the scene - we get romantic proposal & then cut to DD saying something villainy that threatens everything. End Episode and start few week hiatus. Boom internet has something to chew on for weeks & the buzz machine continues without anyone having to lift a finger at the CW.

• Love 1

That said, I didn't like Wendy Mericle's bit about Laurel having to find a new relationship with Oliver now that Felicity is in the picture.

This was the first time I didn't like WM's wording. It felt like she was mixing canon and bts stuff.

• Love 1

I totally think we're going to have to wait until he proposes and that is fine by me. We need to see them balance their relationship around Team Arrow now and I see that being a season's journey. 

But excuse me while I flail at the implications. Oliver Queen found the person he wanted to marry and settle down with and he went out and bought a ring. I'M FINE. I'M FINE.

Now I'm back to pissed. WHY WOULD THEY SPOIL THAT WTF CW

SAME. I'm annoyed they ruined it. I bet SA is too. Haha.

I was a bit wary of an Oliver & Felicity engagement at first, but after seeing the promo I am really glad that they seem to be going that route (though I am happier it gets interrupted because I would prefer a bit more time with them just together). 

I think this is a good sign because I was kind of worried that they'd go the 'repeated break ups' route. Not early on in this season but later on and in further seasons. But when a ring and marriage comes into play, which shows Oliver and, more importantly, the writers are thinking permanence. Which (I hope) means that we wont be getting a ton of 'relationship drama', and any angst will then actually be good angst. Their arguments will be allowed to be about the stuff that's happening and not their relationship which I think is really important (and is one of the things that really made me really love Oliver/Felicity. 

• Love 9

I think they're really going to try to make Oliver/Felicity the Ben/Leslie or Tami/Eric of the show. And I for one am SO glad that they're going this route. I don't need relationship angst. I need a stable couple within a world of chaos that is Arrow

• Love 10

Fans & Frenemies of the wig ~ Is there a possibility that OQ shaves his head or has a close crew cut in the flashbacks?

So I watched the trailer again, couldn't resist & noticed that around 00:39 secs - a very close-cut OQ appears to be torturing someone while they are both in camo-like fatigues. That to me does not coincide with present day OQ. That is more a FB/dark OQ thing to do. SO maybe they ditch the wig altogether? I'm sure it will come back in s5 or s6, but maybe they decided to do something completely new this year for fb.

Sorry - to distract us all from the engagement discussion. I'm trying to wean off the high from that trailer. It was just so good & rewarding. Sinceriously still smiling & beaming away over here about the engagement. I think I was more excited about that possible engagement than my co-worker's the other day.

• Love 1

So remember when MGs tumblr was 'hacked' and the person posted like a million wedding dresses? 

Lmao how spot on was that???

LMAO. 'Hacked.' He's such a troll. Haha.

Ok, yes, yes, we're all very excited, but may I just remind people that earlier in this thread, some people were pointing out that souffles collapse after a few minutes, which means that the souffle is almost certainly going to collapse right in the middle of the long speech from Laurel and Thea about why the Arrow has to come back, and then the ring is going to get completely lost in the souffle.  

Poor ring. It's going to be like the fern of this season. I can tell. 

• Love 13

Laurel does have to find sonething with Oliver or leave the show. You can't have a major character have nothing with Star like it was last year. Wendy said Friendship because that's the goal. I get her wording because amother word would imply more.

Edited by tarotx

I think some of my favorite dialogue from DD that relates to this thread is "I wanna know everything about this Green Arrow - Where he lives & Who he loves". Seriously, those are the two major questions you have? We can all tell you the second one, although some parts of the fandom may disagree. To them I give a souffle. And well the first one we are still working on that. Its like the writers room is playing 20 questions with the production dept.

Edited by kismet

Now that makes earlier post even more sad. Oliver was ready to live happily ever after with Felicity then Thea and Laurel barge in and are like, there's a new unstoppable big bad terrorizing are newly named city. Felicity: "We have to go back, Oliver. The city needs us". Oliver shoots an Arrow at DD, haha I have magical freezing powers you're arrows are useless against me. Oh btw Oliver, Thea and I dug up Sara's corpse and tossed her in the LP, now she's trying to eat everyone's brains. 

Oliver: "WTF!"

• Love 11

I'm also wondering if Lance is gonna go to DD at the end of 401 and go "I wanna help you let the city die, oh, and BTW, the Green Arrow is Oliver Queen". And then DD does something ~evil to Lance for kicks.

Oh that's a good possibility and if they want us all to hate Lance that's what they could do.

I hope we're done with Oliver pushing Felicity away to protect her, but I'm all for DD putting her in the hospital. Yes, it's tropey. No, I don't care. I want to see Oliver losing his shit because Felicity's injured. I demand it, actually.

Yeah I'm done with him trying to push away Felicity to "protect" her as well. Good writing would have her tell him she ain't going nowhere and breaking up with her to " protect" her won't work either. I don't want my Baby seriously Hurt but yes I wanna see a pissed off losing his shit Cause DD put Felicity in Critical condition Oliver as well!

• Love 3

Laurel does have to find sonething with Oliver or leave the show. You can't have a major character have nothing with Star lije it was last year. Wendy said Friendship because that's the goal. I get her wording because amother word would imply more.

I had no problem with 'friendship' and I did make note that she used 'relationship' for Thea. She was making sure there was no mistake. I noted earlier that they have to redefine Laurel place in Oliver's life becaue its shambles. So I get friendship.

The only wording I wasn't keen on was the part about Laurel position now that Felicity was in Oliver's life. It was odd.