Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E21: Girl Meets Texas: Part 2

UGH can someone tell me what happened to uncle josh!!!!!????

Riley and Lucas belong together not maya And i can tell that Riley hates being "brother and sister" but she loves maya to much to do anything like it and i hate the writers so much this show was perfectly fine before they added all the stupid love triangles i just don't understand anymore .Im going to scream.

Edited by SnowflakesApplepie
  • Love 1

I actually like the show more now with the maya and lucas angle. Far more interesting. However this episode left me even more confused. I'm not sure what to think right now. Where are they going with this?! I hope maya and lucas end up together. If they do all of this just to put lucas and riley together, the outrage is gonna be off the charts! Part 3 can't get here fast enough.

UGH can someone tell me what happened to uncle josh!!!!!????

Actor was in a wreck/accident recently and since there are only 8 episodes left this season after this weekend and they just recently wrapped, it's likely we won't see him again until season 3.

Actor was in a wreck/accident recently and since there are only 8 episodes left this season after this weekend and they just recently wrapped, it's likely we won't see him again until season 3.

Oh my that terrible but still why try to replace him with Lucas like can't they just set that aside till he comes back? but i feel bad for the actor at least he will be ok.

Interesting episode. I think we see the Cory side of Riley in this episode. Cory was never one to not to try to make people confront their feelings even if they weren't ready to. She probably crossed the line but I think she wants everyone to be happy and is trying to do what she thinks will bring them happiness. Even though I think she may be pushing aside her own feelings in this case.

Also we get an idea of why Maya believes that Riley loves Lucas like a brother. She feels they are alike and that they are at their best when they are talking and looking out for each other. So for Maya this means they are like siblings. Of course it also means they are close friends and maybe/probably work best as friends.

Still not a fan of this storyline. Not really feeling either couple. They work better as friends.

• Love 2

(ybrik didn't actually say this but i accidentally clicked reply and didn't notice till after lol)

I have another theory besides the 700 others maybe maya is taking the feeling she have for Lucas and replaces them with the feelings Riley has for Lucas, Maybe she likes Lucas  as a brother but decides that Riley is the one who has those feelings not her so to fill her own gap she takes the feeling riley has for Lucas and calls them her own everyone is always asking why maya always makes fun of Lucas its harmless teasing like how a brother and sister would i do the something with my brother i don't think that she is making fun of him because she likes him but because she sees him as a big brother. and thats why when Riley said that she and him were brother and sister she started acting just how maya and Lucas used to act like brother and sister.  I just keep going back to the year book episode where maya starts playing Riley and says i love you like a brother Lucas and then kinda freaks out i think thats why she is replacing the feeling She has for Lucas for the one Riley has for Lucas because she was playing riley the reason she thinks that Riley likes Lucas as a brother because MAYA admitted those feelings she was still playing Riley which how i guess she mixed it up and going back to the bull riding scene where she doesn't want Lucas to ride the bull that that was sisterly love and protection towards him i mean if my brother was about to ride a bull i wouldn't react like way over the top like she did but pretty much the same way. but  honestly who knows i could be way off and the writes have something else in mind ad I'm over thinking it.

THERE WAS ABSOLUTELY NO NEED FOR A STUPID LOVE TRIANGLE  and can i just say that the love thing with frakle maya and riley was the only love thing necessary... oh disney. Ok now that its of my chest lets begin  

In my opinion Riley is the most mature character her decision to put her personal feelings towards Lucas aside for Maya's sake was an extremely mature for someone of her age. A lot of people are tying to make a point where riley is the sheep and maya is the bull I don't really like it i don't feel like they have explored to topic enough i think that riley is the sheep but in some way she is also the bull they failed the first time but he faces it and this time he succeeds (the bull) Correct me if I'm wrong but that is my opinion... I kind of hate this story line not my favorite i have no idea who asked out riley in the 3rd part but even if it isn't Lucas (which it probably not maybe its that guy from the semiformal ep) i think that she won't really go through with the date and if she does i think she will be really unhappy.  I feel like maya is trying to justify liking Lucas by telling herself and everyone else that Riley and Lucas are brother and sister and thats why they work well together and not only does she believe it now riley seems to believe it which is really stupid i don't know i just don't like it. Also if maya and Lucas get together not only will i feel horrible for Riley but i will defiantly quit watching show i can't do it i can't. (because of the way they are handling this i think that after this is all over their friendship will kinda have this forever awkwardness between riley Lucas and maya)... Farkle and Zay are the only thing good about this show right now. guess I'm way off cause no one likes me comment 

I thought my eyes were going to roll right out of my head watching this episode. I don't like when characters pussyfoot around an issue that they can just as easily talk about.

I don't like the idea that either Riley or Maya is putting aside their feelings for the other while trying not to let the other know. I would love for them to both decide to just be friends with Lucas for now. That may change in the future but I think they are both too close to the subject right now.

Maya and Josh are not a couple. I always thought Maya's crudh on him while completely normal was just that, a crush. I don't think his presence would be a factor in this situation one way or the other.

Edited by blugirlami21
  • Love 2

The maya and josh thing just screams CRUSH and nothing more. What she has with lucas sees more genuine in my opinion. I still think they are heading in the maya and lucas direction but Id be lying if I said I 100 percent believe riley when she says she sees her and lucas as brother and sister.

• Love 2

I feel terrible for Riley. Maya, not so much, considering she's headed for getting yet another thing she wants and yet she's supposed to be the poor, deprived friend? And she still disses nearly everyone around her with no consequences, including adults who should have no qualms about putting her in her place and keeping her in her place.

• Love 5

I'm really surprised Maya doesn't see that Riley is lying and is being extra about the whole thing. I am digging Riley though lol her whole brother thing with Lucas is hilarious. I have to ask though, Lucas clearly said he doesn't see Riley as a sister right after Riley blabbed that Maya likes him, his attention before she left was on Riley, what are both Riley and Maya expecting here? That Lucas is gonna forget his feelings and immediately fall for Maya? Sometimes you get reminded of how young they are and how they think things work lol

Farkle and Zay, can't wait till this is over so we can get back to some deeper focus on you guys

• Love 4

I'm really surprised Maya doesn't see that Riley is lying and is being extra about the whole thing. 

Maybe she can't see it because it's not that. I mean the scene doesn't really read that way. And the 'don't want to lie to her" thing on Maya's side would be totally devalued if Riley was lying.

I feel terrible for Riley. Maya, not so much, considering she's headed for getting yet another thing she wants and yet she's supposed to be the poor, deprived friend? And she still disses nearly everyone around her with no consequences, including adults who should have no qualms about putting her in her place and keeping her in her place.

Did the show really pose this as Maya reaching for this?  No. I'd say it made a big point of saying she didn't.

I get it may come off as her getting everything she wants, but why do you think she needs to be "put in her place"?  She mouths off sure, but she's hardly some grasping selfish taker in what we've been shown.

• Love 1

I don't think that Maya gets everything she wants anymore than Riley does. I could even say that Riley gets what she wants when she really shouldnt. Being on the cheerleading team is a big one.

I think that they both know that the other is lying but by both of them trying to be selfless they are basically cancelling each other out.

I didn't understand why Maya thought that two people having similar goals or mindsets means that they have sibling feelings for each other? It just means that they have a lot in common and/or they're compatible. She and Riley are very different but are also like sisters.

I'm realizing that I would prefer Riley and Lucas together but everything that Riley did in this episode made me very uncomfortable. She's not handling this situation the right way and it's going to blow up in her face.

And I'm annoyed with both Cory and Topanga's parenting skills and Cory as a teacher. The adults are pretty much useless on this show and its disappointing because the best thing about BMW is that the parents were actually parents and the teachers were actually teachers.

• Love 1

I think my biggest issue with this plot is Riley's reason for lying about her feelings (and yes, she's obviously lying, Rowan is playing that perfectly...with a desperation of trying to convince herself) is twofold. Number one, she's trying to be a selfless friend and she wants to see Maya happy, and number two (and honestly I think the bigger reason) she's terrified that if she and Lucas date and break up they will lose their friendship...this is something we've seen her express from the beginning actually, but it really bugs me that she is not acknowledging the fact that if Maya and Lucas date and break up that will essentially end her and Lucas' friendship as well, because as has been made abundantly clear Riley will always choose Maya.

• Love 5

Kay I'll start with the good stuff: 

Zay is an utter delight! This can't be said enough. The young actor playing him has such great comedic timing and natural charm. He's made me laugh out loud multiple times so I'm happy he's become a seemingly permanent fixture on the show. 

Now onto the episode:

Well I watched both parts and I gotta say; they REALLY should've left the love triangle trope alone. It was not needed and a part of me thinks the only reason they even tackled a love triangle on this show is because Riley and Maya are both girls SO DUH! THEY'RE OBVIOUSLY GOING TO FALL FOR THE SAME GUY AT SOME POINT! /sarcasm. 

They never did a love triangle between Corey, Shawn and Topanga and even when they did it with Jack, Rachel and Eric it was played mostly for laughs and didn't take up that much time on the show. 

But this thing between Maya, Riley and Lucas isn't being played for laughs (well unless me laughing at how BADLY its all being handled counts) and is taking up WAY too much time on the show. I mean, this could've been addressed in an episode where both Maya and Riley come to the conclusion that yes they both like Lucas but it won't affect their friendship because they're too important to each other for it to come between them. And also because they're young and Lucas is not the only boy in the world. Maybe Topanga could weigh in and be the voice of reason? We'd finally get a Topanga and Riley episode. AND BAM! GIRL MEETS PUTTING FRIENDSHIP OVER DUDES BECAUSE ITS JUST NOT WORTH IT. 

But instead we got Riley pushing Maya and Lucas together for no apparent reason. Maya acting extremely out of character for the better part of two episodes and Lucas apparently needs to be told how to feel and when to feel it and for who to feel it for.

And everyone except Zay and Farkle come out looking like prized idiots. And I get that they're all kids, so the chances of them being dumb when it comes to matters of the heart were already sky high (hell, grown adults have yet to master it) but the show clearly didn't have a set plan in mind for this and are clearly just flying by the seat their pants story wise. 

Because nothing makes any sense, except, Riley was CLEARLY lying about seeing Lucas as a brother (Rowan played that scene perfectly) and while we're on that; I don't understand Maya's logic surrounding the whole 'Riley and Lucas are like brother and sister because they are so similar' uhhhhh that's called 'compatibility' which means if anything they're even MORE suited to being a couple than anything else and I'm not even a big Rucas shipper. 

Also what's up with Riley not wanting to be in a relationship with Lucas because they'll inevitably just break up and never speak to each other again but is still simultaneously pushing Lucas and Maya to get together? ..Does she want them to break up and never speak to each other again? ...Is Riley an evil genius? ..Was that her plan all along???? I'm just joking but lol omg could you imagine?

I don't know, I'm really very frustrated with this story-line, have been since the show made its intentions clear about heading down this road, I thought it was a big mistake then but I hoped they proved me wrong. ...they didn't. What do the girls learn from this big lesson? If it ends up being friendship above all then as I said before they could've done that in one episode. 

But, since I'm already here, I'll also put money on Riley being the bull and Maya being the sheep. I think at then end of the day, Lucas has feelings for both girls but he definitely feels deeper for Riley. He's said it himself many times. But I honestly don't care either way. 

At this point, my only OTP on this show is Zay x more screen time.

• Love 4

I actually think Maya is the bull and Riley is the sheep. Just the way that described them both, fits perfectly. Riley is gentle, but he is surprised that she can scare him. The bull= gave him nightmares from he very beginning, I.e bull.

I don't think it was Riley's place to just go and announce Maya's secret in front of everyone, but I can see why. She wants her friend to be happy. She went about it the wrong way.

Obviously, Lucas still has feelings for Riley cause nothing has been resolved. He's being pushed to feel a certain way for someone he always liked and now he finds out the girl that gave him "nightmares" and teased him, likes him too. He probably never saw Maya as any option. And now that she is, he's fucking confused as shit. I don't like the whole love triangle thing, but this is actually not new. Going by what Rowan said in her interview for Texas and Michael Jacobs saying their are radical changes happening on the show, I think we shouldn't think the obvious with these three.

• Love 2
Going by what Rowan said in her interview for Texas and Michael Jacobs saying their are radical changes happening on the show, I think we shouldn't think the obvious with these three.

That's what I think too. I remember on the Nickelodeon show iCarly, there was also a "love triange" of sorts between the three main characters - Carly, Freddie, and Sam. The producers had Freddie and Sam get together for a story arc, and the two characters realized that while they had romantic chemistry, they were not compatible as long-term love interests. In the final episode, Freddie and Carly got together, which I guess had been the endgame all along.

I could see something similar happening here, where Riley is just saying that Lucas is her brother because she wants to see Maya happy. I can also see Maya and Lucas as a couple for a few episodes, but I think they would fight and butt heads too much to be compatible in the long term.

That's what I think too. I remember on the Nickelodeon show iCarly, there was also a "love triange" of sorts between the three main characters - Carly, Freddie, and Sam. The producers had Freddie and Sam get together for a story arc, and the two characters realized that while they had romantic chemistry, they were not compatible as long-term love interests. In the final episode, Freddie and Carly got together, which I guess had been the endgame all along.

I could see something similar happening here, where Riley is just saying that Lucas is her brother because she wants to see Maya happy. I can also see Maya and Lucas as a couple for a few episodes, but I think they would fight and butt heads too much to be compatible in the long term.

What I took from that is that don't automatically think Riley and Lucas are the endgame. Riley may still have feelings for Lucas, but what if she starts growing and sees that maybe she is better off as friends with Lucas. And she finally moves on. If anything, I think Lucas/Maya are the long game and Riley either sees Farkle as a viable option, or she stays single and ends up with no one.

• Love 1

What I took from that is that don't automatically think Riley and Lucas are the endgame. Riley may still have feelings for Lucas, but what if she starts growing and sees that maybe she is better off as friends with Lucas. And she finally moves on. If anything, I think Lucas/Maya are the long game and Riley either sees Farkle as a viable option, or she stays single and ends up with no one.

Ahem - Zay.  

• Love 1

See I don't get this. Why should Riley give up on the guy she likes, who also happens to like her back, and go looking for something else. I guess it all depends on what you see, to me Lucas clearly likes Riley. He never considered Maya an option in my opinion until Riley made him. I mean Maya and Lucas can give it a shot but what's going to happen when Lucas and Riley have a moment or when Lucas find out Riley was faking and he still has a chance, it's going to hurt Maya. Personally the moment Maya heard Lucas say he doesn't think of Riley as a sister I wouldn't have had her try it with Lucas, she knows Lucas still likes Riley.

• Love 3

See I don't get this. Why should Riley give up on the guy she likes, who also happens to like her back, and go looking for something else. I guess it all depends on what you see, to me Lucas clearly likes Riley. He never considered Maya an option in my opinion until Riley made him. I mean Maya and Lucas can give it a shot but what's going to happen when Lucas and Riley have a moment or when Lucas find out Riley was faking and he still has a chance, it's going to hurt Maya. Personally the moment Maya heard Lucas say he doesn't think of Riley as a sister I wouldn't have had her try it with Lucas, she knows Lucas still likes Riley.

Never said anything about Riley having to give up Lucas. Maya never wanted Riley to give up Lucas. Obviously Lucas still likes Riley. But, hearing about Maya liking him and having that moment at the campfire with her, it started to open his eyes. Obviously, he's not going to jump from one girl to the next. He needs to figure out what he wants or even who he wants. Maya liking him, like he said to the bull is a scary moment for him. He never thought Maya was a viable option. Now he has two girls that like him and he has no clue what to do.

If anything, I think Riley is going to end up single at the end. She'll keep Lucas and her boys as friends, and stay by herself. No one is really together/canon, but no coupling has been sunk yet. They are idle right now, in a traffic jam.

• Love 1

Never said anything about Riley having to give up Lucas. Maya never wanted Riley to give up Lucas. Obviously Lucas still likes Riley. But, hearing about Maya liking him and having that moment at the campfire with her, it started to open his eyes. Obviously, he's not going to jump from one girl to the next. He needs to figure out what he wants or even who he wants. Maya liking him, like he said to the bull is a scary moment for him. He never thought Maya was a viable option. Now he has two girls that like him and he has no clue what to do.

If anything, I think Riley is going to end up single at the end. She'll keep Lucas and her boys as friends, and stay by herself. No one is really together/canon, but no coupling has been sunk yet. They are idle right now, in a traffic jam.

Ok, I think it's just personal preference maybe this whole thing is to lead to Maya and Lucas but I just don't understand why he has to open his eyes to the possibility of liking Maya when he already likes Riley and that's who he wants and Riley likes him as well i just feel this whole thing is unnecessary because a moment he had at a campfire I don't think is equivalent to whatever he had with Riley for however long this show's been on. If anything I feel it's leading to Maya realizing something but whatever happens happen

• Love 2

Ok, I think it's just personal preference maybe this whole thing is to lead to Maya and Lucas but I just don't understand why he has to open his eyes to the possibility of liking Maya when he already likes Riley and that's who he wants and Riley likes him as well i just feel this whole thing is unnecessary because a moment he had at a campfire I don't think is equivalent to whatever he had with Riley for however long this show's been on. If anything I feel it's leading to Maya realizing something but whatever happens happen

We do need a POv from Lucas. We already know the girls are crushing him, and we know Lucas likes Riley, but how does he feel about this situation? Cause that campfire scene, I think, woke his ass up and scared him. He felt something, but really has no clue what to do. Cause, honestly I don't think either girl likes Lucas as a brother and I don't think Lucas likes the girls as sisters, but they are 13/14 and this is so new and different.

They'll just ll stay friends and figure it out throughout the season. Then season 3 comes, and it'll be like a bomb.

**Easter egg, Sabrina told some fans at her performance in Fresno that their was an alternate campfire scene.

Edited by CheetaraThunder
  • Love 1

For me, I'd like to see Riley with Farkle and Maya with someone new in high school. I could see them still being friends with Lucas but not as close as they were before. Friendships often change so much between jr high and HS. I could see Lucas becoming 'that cute guy' they both liked in jr high but eventually grew apart from. Lucas might make new friends in HS, especially if he still plays sports.

Also, if there was a brother/sister vibe between Riley and Lucas up until now, for me it came from Lucas. He is so much more mature than Riley that I sometimes felt like he thought of her as a little sister. This was the first episode where I saw chemistry between them, mostly because Riley wasn't acting like an immature idiot. I liked them together in this episode, more than Lucas and Maya which surprised me. I wouldn't mind them together for now, but I still think Riley and Farkle will eventually become like Corey and Topanga.

Someone needs to tell Maya (the writers) that most brothers and sisters don't actually have similar interests. What is this mess I'm subjecting myself to over nostalgia? lol Also why are they telling Lucas how he feels?

• Love 4

Someone needs to tell Maya (the writers) that most brothers and sisters don't actually have similar interests. What is this mess I'm subjecting myself to over nostalgia? lol Also why are they telling Lucas how he feels?

I don't blame Maya at all for thinking that. She has zero experience in crush/romantic feelings. That's what she believed.

These crazy kids just need to stay still and just experience more before ever trying to date one another.

• Love 1

My favorite parts of this one had nothing to do with the triangle.  I loved Farkle's "everyone's making a big deal that you rode a bull for 4 seconds.  I ate him!"  And I loved the whole scene when Zay's ex showed up and Maya and Riley tried to make her jealous, complete with making up middle names for him and Riley's "Cotton Candy Face."  

I really hope the show doesn't end up bogged down in the triangle instead of giving us more of them all as a goofy group of friends. 

• Love 1

Am I the only one who thinks it's pretty damn strange that the BFFs both got their first kiss with the same guy?!  Don't know about anyone else, but even at that age, I would be bugged by that.  I thought Zae totally rocked this episode.  That is one young man with great comedic timing.  Loved his "Yee Haw!  Well that slipped out." and his excuse of everyone "making him" tell their secrets.  He is a great addition to the cast and I hope they develop his character more in seasons to come.  Farkle was also made of win in this episode.  His newfound love of BBQ was great as was his supportive friend for Maya scene.

• Love 1

Zay:  "I'm never going to have feelings for anyone again!"

Vanessa:  "Zay?"

Zay:  "Unbelievable..."

I never thought I'd like Zay after he was introduced as He Whose Mouth Writes Checks His Ass Can't Cash, but he's grown on me. 

• Love 1