Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E09: Moving On, Moving Out

So Brielle still claims to be a virgin yet has no qualms about deciding she should live with Slade? If anyone actually believed that lie in the first place, moving in with the boyfriend pretty much guarantees a baby within 9 months (at least with Brielle it does)

I was on Kroy's side with the E! Argument. Just because Kim can pull a few strings doesn't mean Brielle has a job. It would behoove her to have a back up plan. A foot in the door does not mean hosting E! News live. She's not just going to start at the top and she will have to prove she has some sort of work ethic which has yet to be shown.

• Love 7

My sister was here a little while ago, we were watching something I'd recorded and it had the commercial for this episode in it. She said "What? The daughter who barely graduated high school and couldn't get admitted to Kennesaw S U, now thinks she's got a ready-made career in Hollywood? Huh? This is all just for show, right?"

LOL

• Love 4

So Brielle still claims to be a virgin yet has no qualms about deciding she should live with Slade? If anyone actually believed that lie in the first place, moving in with the boyfriend pretty much guarantees a baby within 9 months (at least with Brielle it does)

I was on Kroy's side with the E! Argument. Just because Kim can pull a few strings doesn't mean Brielle has a job. It would behoove her to have a back up plan. A foot in the door does not mean hosting E! News live. She's not just going to start at the top and she will have to prove she has some sort of work ethic which has yet to be shown.

I was on Kroy's side too.  He did not show up one day at an NFL facility and they made him a linebacker.  He put in the work so that he would be prepared for any opportunities that came his way.  Who you know may get you in, but I believe that you stay in by hard work and being educated.  Kim's comments were very immature.  Everyone's dreams are belittled and discouraged.  It seems to me that you have to have the fortitude to continue pursuing them despite what the naysayers say.  If you cannot overcome a bunch of talkers, then you cannot overcome the real challenges.  The business that Brielle wants to pursue is highly competitive with both journalism and non-journalism graduates pursuing a finite number of jobs.  Kim may know someone at E, but so do the Obamas, for example.  If Malia wants the same job that Brielle is pursuing, I suspect Malia is going to get the job.

There will always be people that have not earned their way, but those people are typically covered by a nice trust fund and family connections.  The rest of us have to educate ourselves and continue to earn our way.  Brielle's family money and connections are not deep enough to keep her in the style she is accustomed.  She is the oldest in a family that skews young so mom and dad don't have any extra money for her whims.  She should have some type of job now and she needs to be working the E thing and seeing if she can enroll herself into someone's journalism school simultaneously.

Of course, this is Kim's child so Brielle will be happy to welcome her first child by the age of 20 with some guy she quickly married because Kroy insisted upon it.

Edited by ToukieSmith
  • Love 5

I'm with Kroy on this argument as well.  It's always good to have a back up plan no matter what and also to realize what steps you need to take in order to achieve your goal.  He's not saying Brielle can't achieve that goal, KIM, but that she needs to outline her plan to get there and not rely on Kim's contacts to do so.  Kim needs to take a page from Joan Crawford's book - - regardless of how you felt about her I agree that she did not hand an acting career to her daughter.  She felt her daughter needed to work and sweat at it in order to really appreciate it and accomplish something. 

Beyond that, I live in the LA area.  It's expensive here.  Even if Brielle were to get an intern job, I doubt she'd make enough on it to support herself and certainly not in the style she's accustomed to.  And an intern job does not lead to a hosting job.  There are many, many people who have the schooling and experience that would love that job.  All Brielle currently has is the fact that she's Kim's daughter.  And I don't think Kim Zolciak Biermann can buy her a career indefinitely. 

What Brielle should do, outside of college, is get an intern job at one of the stations in Atlanta or with Tyler Perry's company.  See how the process works and how the station is run.  Get some experience under the belt, make some contacts on your own and then head to LA if that's still the route you want to pursue. 

On another note, I am still laughing over Kim saying that KJ notices everything from her drinking at 11 am to cussing.  OF COURSE he notices the cussing - - he's participating in it!!

ETA:  ToukieSmith, great minds think alike!

Edited by psychoticstate
  • Love 4

Kim is a rare (but not rare enough) example of someone getting everything they ever wanted in spite of not deserving any of it.  She thinks because she worked for a few years earlier in her life that means she is some kind of role model who can snark on the fact that Brielle never does any work of any kind now, when really she is a role model for just trying to be sexy until what you want is put in your lap.  It's a miracle that Arianna is so good about doing well in school, considering she has watched Kim's "climb" to "success" alongside Brielle.  But the fact is, Brielle is just not smart, at all, and no matter how vapid some of the entertainment reporters may seem sometimes, they had to have some intelligence to get where they are.  I don't think Brielle is bright enough to be a production assistant or in charge of craft services, much less anything in a higher pay grade.  Kim isn't doing her any favors by insisting that everyone always assures Brielle that all of her dreams will come true if she just wishes hard enough and wears clothes that are low-cut enough.  Anyway, how far can Kim really get Brielle in any door when she herself is not an actual, credible, respected celebrity with talent - she is a joke who has her own show based on how over the top ridiculous she is.  It's not hard for people in the industry to say, "Sure, Kim, we would be happy to give Brielle an interview for an internship!", they don't lose anything by doing that, but since Brielle doesn't have any actual talent or industry knowledge, her road to success would likely end there.  Which is for the best, really, because if she did manage to get a coveted internship and take the spot from someone who intends to work hard and learn, she would end up quitting anyway because they would expect too much from her, like reliability, and the fact that she won't be paid for it will not be okay with her after one week.  I hope Slade's parents do put their collective foot down and stop him from moving to L.A. to "get food" for Brielle.  Jesus.  It's painful to watch this unfold.

• Love 8

I wonder if it was hard for Kim to get where she is or if it was a fluke?  This may explain why she is so soft when it comes to Brielle.  I thought Kim was shrewd, but it turns out that she is just lucky.

The problem is that she is confusing being lucky with hard work.  Kroy seems to be such a hard working person.  I wonder how they reconcile their approaches to success.

Edited by ToukieSmith
  • Love 4

I think it was a fluke.  The best thing to ever happen to Kim was RHoA.  Before that she was just a cheap-wig-wearing trashy single mom who was banging a rich married man in exchange for money and goods.  Her friendship with Nene started her gravy train rolling, and ever since then she has believed all her own hype and really believes she is the bg star she always knew she would be.  Either she doesn't know the difference between being famous and infamous, or she doesn't care, as long as there is money for her to spend on herself.

The fact that Kim and Kroy don't really consider Tracey a true friend of theirs was evident at the tattoo parlor when they didn't say, "Okay, this joke has gone too far.  Tracey, you don't have to get this awful tattoo, especially not so big and where people can see it.  We love you even if you don't permanently modify your body just to amuse us."  And at the end of the episode when they were laughing so hard because Tracey regretted it afterward, that was really nice. 

I admire Tracey's confidence to go up and talk to women she finds attractive.  It's weird to me how 2 weeks ago she was so in love and now suddenly they are broken up for good and she doesn't even seem upset. 

• Love 5

I thought Kroy was genuinely perturbed (maybe too soft a word) on the matter of Brielle's not putting in her time to achieve her dreams - along with being irritated with Kim for enabling her.

I noticed in one of the final talking heads with Kroy and Kim on this topic, where he normally is pretty relaxed, funny, and easy going, this time, his body language was twitchy and kept shifting - a tell about his frustration and anger -  while Kim was talking. He was mad. I commend him for trying with those two. He was right to cite his own experience of climbing the ladder as a young athlete, paying his dues, to finally get to the NFL. I suspect that of all the kids, that Brielle causes him frustration. He is seeing 18 years of coddling to now make a sweet and likable girl, ....also a lazy, dumb, unrealistic, and entitled brat. Rather like the woman he married.  

Does Brielle even have a job? Has she ever? I mean a part-time, appropriate for a high schooler job. Kroy is also well aware of all the things they pay for with this kid - the cars, the activities, the clothes, beauty treatments and none of it comes from her. He damn well is frustrated. He is only a few years beyond 18 and knows what his parents paid for and didn't back in middle class normal Montana. Trouble is, he may attempt to put his foot down on things with Brielle, but Kim will step in and pay for stuff. There go the parental boundaries.

Put me in the camp that thinks Brielle will give her "dream" about a year of dabbling, dawdling, dwindling, unserious, uncommitted, then failing. Then she'll be pregnant by someone. Not necessarily Slade. 

Lastly, has this been discussed on this forum? Brielle's boob job. I think she had one. So Kim consented to and paid for that? Absolutely ridiculous. So is this the thing now for girls at age 18 - parents buy them new tits to go with their brand new high end cars and Chanel bags? 

Edited by Bossa Nova
  • Love 3

Slade's family looks wealthy, I'm sure Brielle will get knocked up and coast on child support until she can land her very own Big Poppa. Despite all her protesting, I doubt Kim would be that upset about it.

I had thought from the very start that Bravo is setting up Brielle and Slade for their own future reality show.

Lastly, has this been discussed on this forum? Brielle's boob job. I think she had one. So Kim consented to and paid for that? Absolutely ridiculous. So is this the thing now for girls at age 18 - parents buy them new tits to go with their brand new high end cars and Chanel bags? 

I'm a fairly new viewer to Don't Be Tardy and I have to say that in the beginning, I thought that Kroy was just an adornment for the scenes with Kim and her daughters. My opinion of Kroy has changed quite a lot and I see him as a great father, a patient step-dad and an extremely doting husband. I think Kim is an exceptionally high-maintenance woman and I give him a lot of credit for being able to juggle that family and still play professional football.

I noticed in one of the final talking heads with Kroy and Kim on this topic, where he normally is pretty relaxed, funny, and easy going, this time, his body language was twitchy and kept shifting - a tell about his frustration and anger -  while Kim was talking. He was mad. I commend him for trying with those two. He was right to cite his own experience of climbing the ladder as a young athlete, paying his dues, to finally get to the NFL. I suspect that of all the kids, that Brielle causes him frustration. He is seeing 18 years of coddling to now make a sweet and likable girl, ....also a lazy, dumb, unrealistic, and entitled brat. Rather like the woman he married.  

I nearly spit my coffee onto my screen when I watched Kim arguing with Kroy about the fact that her twins need their own Gucci luggage. I find it atrocious that Kim gives her kids many examples of how an adult should not speak or act. Asking your little kids if they want to see mommies new tits is just beyond low-class and crass. The foul language is bad enough in front of the kids and I hope they don't expect their little ones to refrain from using those words.

Edited by HumblePi
  • Love 6

Does Brielle even have a job? Has she ever? I mean a part-time, appropriate for a high schooler job. Kroy is also well aware of all the things they pay for with this kid - the cars, the activities, the clothes, beauty treatments and none of it comes from her. He damn well is frustrated. He is only a few years beyond 18 and knows what his parents paid for and didn't back in middle class normal Montana. Trouble is, he may attempt to put his foot down on things with Brielle, but Kim will step in and pay for stuff. There go the parental boundaries.

Put me in the camp that thinks Brielle will give her "dream" about a year of dabbling, dawdling, dwindling, unserious, uncommitted, then failing. Then she'll be pregnant by someone. Not necessarily Slade. 

No, she's never had a job. Not even a part-time selling Avon kind of job. And yes, she's had a boob job. It's too obvious. They doubled in size overnight from last season to this one.

• Love 2

Brielle will be married (and probably divorced) with at least two kids by age 25. And if she goes to college eventually, I don't expect he to last more than a year. Kim coddles her way too much for Brielle to suddenly decide to work hard for what she wants.

• Love 7

CNN would be the perfect place for Brielle to intern. But I think they require you have some college under your belt first. Most companies do, for that type of job.

Most people that are hired by CNN know shit. Brielle doesn't know shit unless you count knowing 'who's-who' in pop culture and what's trending on Twitter. Unfortunately for our society, Brielle is representative of many of our teenagers, even those that aren't millionaires.

When we watch a reality show like 'Don't Be Tardy', some of us get an idea about what's wrong with our children. They only want to be rich and famous like the Kardashian's or Biermann's. What happened to aspiring to be a nurse, doctor, chemist, or teacher? Is it that there just isn't enough glamour in those occupations? No, your children won't be better prepared for adulthood if you spoil them and tell them they're the most wonderful little humans on the planet. No, your children won't benefit from you talking about either your private sex life, your boobs, vagina, lip injections or rhinoplasty. No, your children won't be better off by you giving them their first car, their first job and piles of cash when they lay their hands out to you. If you want children to have higher standards you have to be the one to demonstrate exactly what high standards really are. To Kim Zolciak, higher standards means not buying any luggage less than Gucci.

Edited by HumblePi
  • Love 8

I'm a fairly new viewer to Don't Be Tardy and I have to say that in the beginning, I thought that Kroy was just an adornment for the scenes with Kim and her daughters. My opinion of Kroy has changed quite a lot and I see him as a great father, a patient step-dad and an extremely doting husband. I think Kim is an exceptionally high-maintenance woman and I give him a lot of credit for being able to juggle that family and still play professional football.

Kroy actually isn't a step-dad. He adopted those girls, so he's their real dad. But aside from that minor quibble, I agree with your whole post.
  • Love 2

I'm on the fence about Brielle having implants.  At her age, my body was shaped almost exactly like hers now, except for the legs.  For some girls, boobs are going to pop out and be their most perfect and alluring during this time.  I wish I had pictures of mine from back then, they were so nice and I didn't appreciate them - boobs weren't a thing to be shown off, pushed out, purchased and discussed in mixed company like they are these days, so I kept mine covered under oversized jackets and sweaters. She wears revealing clothes because it's a different era, plus Kim is her mom.  True, Brielle's breasts don't move around much, but then, neither does she, so it's hard to tell by the jiggle, or lack thereof.  I would love to believe that Kim didn't get implants for her teenaged daughter, because that's beyond disgusting even from Kim, who I find supremely disgusting.  Brielle already whitens her teeth to within an inch of their lives, I'm not convinced all of her hair is real, her nails are acrylic and a lot of her tan is probably fake.  That's a whole lotta false for someone so young, even without implants.  I remember the good ole days, when my friends and I had to just work with what we had.  I felt like a fraud because I had perms in the '80s...it was embarrassing that I didn't have my own naturally mile high and wide hair, and it bothered me that some people knew that my curls were all a giant lie.  How are all these Bravo women, young and old, not embarrassed that everyone knows their boobs are fake?  I would be mortified!

• Love 4

CNN will want someone with a couple of years of college under his/her belt and a place like that isn't going to care about your E! or Bravo connections. It also doesn't help that she's shown to be lazy on this show. I wanted to laugh at Kim talking to B about talking from the teleprompter (I think that was this ep, they are starting to run together LOL). She's not going to be reading a teleprompter, she'll be getting coffee for a producer or writer. Interns do a lot of grunt work like copies, coffee, errands, etc and in journalism (especially broadcast) they are not paid if you are getting college credit. And even if she eventually finished her degree and got a reporter job locally (Atlanta is a top 10 market--not small potatoes), she'd be the fill in weekend assignment person or would have to go to a much smaller market to get more on-air time if that's what she wants. Her looks will only get her so far. They're many many pretty journalism grads with good GPAs, work ethic and connections. It's a pretty cutthroat field. Kroy knows a bit about being a tough field and earning your way (literally and figuratively). 

As far as her not getting into Kennesaw, it's gotten a lot more competitive with more and more high achievers staying in state. It used to be the school you went to when you couldn't get in anywhere else, but I've heard of people with 3.0+ GPAs not getting in. UGA is near impossible if you live in the Atlanta area (a friend's child with AP classes, 3.7 GPA, athletics, extracurriculars, volunteer work etc) didn't even get wait-listed. I think they ease the requirement a little outside of the metro area because they don't want to be a university of just Atlanta kids.

You'll have to forgive me. I majored in broadcast journalism so I know a little about it. However, I worked my own way through college and didn't intern (didn't have time to work for free) and wound up in a different yet better paying field. :D

• Love 7

A friend's daughter graduated from UGA with a degree in Journalism (with honors), she interned at CNN. And she's in a much smaller market now as a reporter, Chattanooga. But she's beautiful, smart, hard-working and has done it all on her own. Unlike Brielle will ever do.

I really hope this all "just for the show" and Kim is not going to try to strongarm her daughter a job that she's not qualified for.

• Love 3

Now that's a spinoff I'd actually want to watch! Kim could visit sometimes and try to set Sonja up and advise her on dates.

I'd watch that. :D Please, Bravo! Make it happen.

PS: Editing to add that if Brielle's grades were that bad where she barely graduated and isn't getting into any 4 year college, her only hope would to be to go to a community college for a year or so and get them up to snuff and transfer. I've known kids who went to a 4 year uni off the bat and partied too much and had to do that for the sophomore year and then transfer back to a 4 year for junior year.

Edited by Atlanta
  • Love 1

Kim Zolciak must be able to make her husband see God. I can't figure out why he married her and I really can't figure out why he stays with her. One has to be driven beyond imagination to make the NFL in the first place. The fact he's still there shows he has a significant work ethic. Kim seems to believe everyone and everything exists for her convenience. She hasn't worked a day in her life.

If Brielle was really interested in broadcasting or journalism, perhaps she should have gotten to know Erin Andrews during her mother's ill-fated visit to DWTS. Erin Andrews started out as Rich Eisen's secretary. He mentored her to an on-air job at ESPN. Her career is due to hard work (and a couple of lucky breaks; she seems to be in the right place at the right time). Her advice would be invaluable and she might have contacts as well. Of course, being a secretary, intern or any other low-level job would never appeal to Brielle, would it? There's also the consideration that Brielle is not the brightest bulb; maybe she needs to take a look at the spectacular career implosions at E! due to inadvisable and public comments over the past year or so.

• Love 1

I'm a new viewer to Don't Be Tardy. Of course, I had known who Kim Zolciak was because I'd catch her on previews of RHOA. But I never watched that whole Atlanta bunch, that particular franchise just wasn't appealing to me. I don't know much of the background story between Kim and Kroy so I started watching this show every now and then if I happened to run across it while surfing channels. I know she had the 2 older girls and she had 4 children with Kroy.

My impressions after a few episodes is that Brielle is very confident and secure with herself even though she's a dimwit and she likes spray tans. Brielle is walking in her mother's footsteps all the way. Ariana is a very outgoing and smart 13 year old and hopefully she'll be the first college graduation besides Kroy. The older boys seem spoiled to death and somewhat bratty. They'll grow up expecting everyone in their lives to pander to them. The boys are very attached to Kroy. The twins are still nothing much yet, but I saw Kroy giving one of the twins a bath in the kitchen, it was sweet.

Kim and Kroy each have a net worth of between $4 - $5 million from what I've read, so they can well afford their extravagant lifestyle. I have to say that watching Kroy and see how he is with his children and also with the 2 older girls he just seems to be the nurturer. He's patient, kind and never abrasive or critical of any of them. He just seems like a real nice guy. I find Kim to be too outspoken and common. She doesn't have any filter on her words, just lets whatever enters her mind just come rolling out and I find that totally wrong when she talks like that to her little boys. I find it very common and ignorant. Kim is just completely graceless and low-class. The wig I see her the most in reminds me of one of those dogs that has what looks like dreadlocks. Her wig is almost gray looking and nasty. Kim would be just way too high maintenance for most men, Kroy doesn't seem to object. Maybe it's the bj's she said she gives him all the time. Now that Kim has had a serious health scare I wonder if it has made her realize that she's only human like any other woman. Yes, richer for sure but being wealthy doesn't mean she's immune to illness. There's much more to life than two dozen wigs and Louis Vuitton.

e6d964e997357bf1590a0a29cb096737.jpg

• Love 3

I have thick very long hair but it suits me (not a wig). I think it depends on the person. I think her natural hair looks best. For example, I think it suits 40+ women like Stevie Nicks, Isla Fisher (okay, she's 39), Demi Moore or Angelina Jolie. Kim's look is so over the top.