Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E13: Native Son

Carter is reminding me of Ali from Pretty Little Liars, "but, he's my brother!" even though she doesn't know him at all. And the whole Lori moves into town with Ben plot just seems stupid, I can't even talk about the fact that Lori has been found not guilty of kidnapping.

How is it possible that no one asks for a paternity test for Ben? Lori says he's David's son so it must be true?

I still don't know who the the blond Ofe substitute who suddenly appeared at the end of last season is. 

Crash is still the reformed bad boy, another stupid plot

Is ELizabeth still a cop?

I haven't decided if I'll keep watching, if they're going to keep adding stupid plots, I'm done.

• Love 3

So, they're not going to even attempt to explain why the courts saw fit to give Laurie a non-guilty verdict?  At all?  Cause I'm still perplexed as to why the appearance of this kid somehow absolves her of all her crimes.  Fucking ridiculous.   

And Ofie is in rehab?  Say what now?  They never showed with a substance abuse problem, but I guess drug dealer equals addict somehow. 

And Crash is warning others about a "bad boy"?  His change of heart happened, what, 3 months ago in the nonsensical timeline of this show?

And since when can the sister, who's name I can't remember right now, chug alcohol?  She just started attending parties and drinking also only a couple months ago, and now she's a pro.  OK.

Not sure why I'm trying to make sense of this idiotic show, or even why I'm still watching.

• Love 4

Why does Carter feel she has to work illegally in a bar?!? Can't she get a job at the Dairy Queen like every other teenager? Does she realize (or care) that she's putting this guy's business at risk?

Of course not, because she is the Queen of Bad Decisions. Why did I think anything would change?

• Love 2

So, they're not going to even attempt to explain why the courts saw fit to give Laurie a non-guilty verdict?  At all?  Cause I'm still perplexed as to why the appearance of this kid somehow absolves her of all her crimes.  Fucking ridiculous.   

And Ofie is in rehab?  Say what now?  They never showed with a substance abuse problem, but I guess drug dealer equals addict somehow. 

I think the not guilty verdict was because Carter said she loved Lori and Lori took good care of her.  That TOTALLY trumps the fact that she wasn't the legal mother.

• Love 3

I think the not guilty verdict was because Carter said she loved Lori and Lori took good care of her.  That TOTALLY trumps the fact that she wasn't the legal mother.

And assault with a deadly weapon of Carter and Taylor (kidnapping #2), felony battery (drugging Carter), false imprisonment (keeping Carter at the hotel) .....  Oh  and a woman who recently tried to commit suicide is absolutely the best person to have be the custodial parent of the newly discovered brother.

Edited by RachelKM
  • Love 5

Why does Carter feel she has to work illegally in a bar?!? Can't she get a job at the Dairy Queen like every other teenager? Does she realize (or care) that she's putting this guy's business at risk?

Of course not, because she is the Queen of Bad Decisions. Why did I think anything would change?

Whatever happened with her job at the Froyo place??

• Love 1

Whatever happened with her job at the Froyo place??

Totally forgot about the Froyo place! Maybe the canned her after the cops and news crews decended on the property that one time Laurie visited her there?

Didn't she quit because of all the people & press who showed up to see her?

Ok, so if Lori was found incapable of raising a child, and that's why Ben was taken from her, no one ever questioned her having another child a short time later?   I know she kept moving, but I'm sure the court would have tried to keep track of her, and it seems like she was still using her own name.  I also think it's weird that there had been no paternity test, they just seem to accept him. 

It also doesn't make sense that Lori presumably kidnapped Carter because she lost custody of Ben. If David is really Ben's father, it would have made more sense for her to tell him then, if she wanted to cause problems for David and Elisabeth.   Of course, she was insane but the whole thing still doesn't make any sense.  Why not kidnap  Ben from the foster home instead of Carter, especially if she's his mother.

It seems like on this show, the important plot points they barely show.  LIke the court case and paternity reveal, and even the first season, they showed little of Carter's actual adjustment to the family.    I think it was a good idea for a show but the execution didn't go as well. 

• Love 1

It seems like on this show, the important plot points they barely show.  LIke the court case and paternity reveal, and even the first season, they showed little of Carter's actual adjustment to the family.    I think it was a good idea for a show but the execution didn't go as well.

Without it, the show has no direction whatsoever, we just get awful characters and terrible storylines.

• Love 4