Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E08: That's Not Healthy

Kim reluctantly plants an organic garden after discovering some of the questionable ingredients in her favorite foods. Meanwhile, Kim is concerned about Shun's love life, so she plays matchmaker for her.

I love Kim saying she has absolutely no time to herself when Kroy is working.  While she has a house with a cook, nannies and Ariana.  Bitch, please.  You certainly have time for botox and nose jobs.

My little black heart of goo did get a case of the feels when Kaia said "hi" to the cameraman.  Too cute.

• Love 6

Hi, all.  I just started watching DBT, but in conjunction with the new episodes, I've been watching the Thursday marathons of older episodes.  That being said, what happened to Lana and Sweetie?  I haven't seen them at all in this season's episodes.  

On another note, I have to say, Kim struck gold with Kroy.  Handsome, devoted, and a great father.  It doesn't get any better than that!  Also, definitely on the bandwagon with you all about Tracy - she's gold, Jerry, gold!.  I also like that she wears gloves when she cooks. :)

• Love 3

Tracey is a National fucking Treasure, but I think her humor meshes very well with Kim. The two of them together make me laugh, laugh, laugh.

They remind me of why I loved the early seasons of RHOA, the Nene-Kim combo. It seems really Kim playing off other people (other adults, not Brielle) that makes me enjoy Kim.

• Love 2

It's not that I disagree with anything Tracey was saying about the importance of eating healthy foods, and that things like fake butter are full of crap no one should eat, it's just that it seems like it would be hard to take healthy eating advice from someone who is severely overweight.  It takes a lot of poor food choices to reach that size.  I'm not trying to insult her, it's just a noteworthy contradiction.

Sometimes Kim's intelligence seems to be right on par with Brielle's.  She's confused about the use of manure as fertilizer?  That's 3rd grade information.  She has no apparent knowledge of basic nutrition, but I would have thought that was something that would be a part of nursing school.  I remain skeptical that her license was obtained in a legit fashion, and if it's ever revealed that she got it in exchange for sex, I won't be at all surprised.

It used to be that the only time we saw Kim taking actual hands-on care of her babies in any way was bathing them, but in this episode someone else was doing that.  She clearly has zero authority over the older boys. The red popsicle dripping on the white rug is no biggie to her because she's not the one who has to clean it up.  I have yet to witness what I consider to be good parenting from her the entire time she has been on television since RHoA.  I don't even count washing the babies - I think she only did that because it's something she enjoyed.  And we never saw her fill the tubs or dump them out, so I assume she had someone else do that part, and just walked over long enough to lather up the infants, then it was back to the nannies while she complained about how exhausted she was.. Even when they are all outside, Kroy is the one playing with the kids while she sits nearby with her Solo cup, and occasionally makes the sound of a bull in heat when something icky frightens her, like a bug.  This show makes me sad for the woman out there that Kroy would have met and married if Kim had never crossed his path. I feel that this lavish lifestyle built around Kim's fake self is such a waste, and it's a shame it couldn't have been enjoyed by someone less...Kim-like.

• Love 6

It's not that I disagree with anything Tracey was saying about the importance of eating healthy foods, and that things like fake butter are full of crap no one should eat, it's just that it seems like it would be hard to take healthy eating advice from someone who is severely overweight.  It takes a lot of poor food choices to reach that size.  I'm not trying to insult her, it's just a noteworthy contradiction.

Absolutely agree. Tracy is worried about butter? Get real...she needs to worry about a lot of other things first...

• Love 2

Watching Kim try to hit a golf ball and she can't move because her skirt is too tight -- does this woman ever dress for comfort? 

At least she had the sense to wear flat shoes when she went to the garden center.

Bet those plants are dead in a week. 

• Love 1

Not fat shaming her at all.  I'm not skinny or a health nut by any means, but I also don't advise people on proper food consumption.  She is  professional chef that was supposedly hired to make sure the Biermann family ate more healthfully, or at least that's what Kim claimed.  Of course Tracey can be that size and know about nutritional food, but in her profession it makes her advice and knowledge appear to be less credible.  If a trainer at the gym was seriously overweight, and was schooling me on the importance of eating right and working out, I would be a lot less inclined to pay attention to their advice, that's just a fact.  People can weigh whatever they want to weigh, if someone wants to eat until they are bedridden that's their business and it's fine with me, until they start telling other people the right and wrong ways / things to eat...then it becomes hypocrisy, and I do have a problem with that.

• Love 7

Not fat shaming her at all.  I'm not skinny or a health nut by any means, but I also don't advise people on proper food consumption.  She is  professional chef that was supposedly hired to make sure the Biermann family ate more healthfully, or at least that's what Kim claimed.  Of course Tracey can be that size and know about nutritional food, but in her profession it makes her advice and knowledge appear to be less credible.  If a trainer at the gym was seriously overweight, and was schooling me on the importance of eating right and working out, I would be a lot less inclined to pay attention to their advice, that's just a fact.  People can weigh whatever they want to weigh, if someone wants to eat until they are bedridden that's their business and it's fine with me, until they start telling other people the right and wrong ways / things to eat...then it becomes hypocrisy, and I do have a problem with that.

If you're in certain professions you are your own best advertisement. Would I go to a nutritionist who's obese? No. Would I trust a hairstylist with fried over-processed hair? No. A dentist with bad teeth? Etc.

• Love 6

I don't trust them, either.  The last time I went to get my hair cut and the stylist had clearly over-practiced on herself, I came out with the back of my head a half an inch long. She cut of 14 inches off my hair, when I came in and asked for a trim in a long bob style.  She asked if I wanted assymetrical, shorter in the back, I said absolutely not because the back of my head isn't shaped nicely for that style.  She did it anyway, starting in the back so that once it was done there was nothing I could do to save it, because she "knew it would look good on me" (it really, really did NOT look good on me, and I'm not just saying that out of bitterness).  That was 3 years ago, my hair is only now finally getting near the length that it was, and I will no longer sit in a chair for someone who advertises on her own head that she wants to do trendy cuts.

The truth is, if I were to spend the money on a full time home chef, I wouldn't necessarily want one who is super thin, but I would want someone who was at a workable weight that I knew had the self-control to keep the ingredients in the food they cook to a certain healthy, whole level, and not, say, blue rice krispies treats with chocolate chips in them.  Desserts don't have to be made from a pile of garbage.  Also, they showed KJ handling that white knife, and just because it's not made of metal doesn't mean it's not dangerous.  I have one of those knives, and it cuts fruit and vegetables beautifully because it is so deceptively sharp, and stays that way.  I made a pretty big slice in my own thumb using it, that thing is not a toy, and it made me very nervous to see KJ using it without anyone even paying close attention.  His interest in cooking and baking is pretty darn cute, I think.  Not sure I love that he's allowed to just open up a hot oven, because my arms have plenty of burn scars from taking things out without using proper care as an adult (I get excited! Sometimes I rush!).

• Love 2

I can do without the gross stuff like piss and poop while I watch TV shows but they seem to think it's hilarious so I skip most of the parts where Tracy is featured. There's something really gross about her I would not want to hang out with someone like that let alone handle my food. I don't mind an overweight chef, just at least look like you showered or have some basic manners.

I don't know how Kroy does it, how are they going to keep up that lifestyle, it's all nice and fun when you have money to blow in every direction but what kind of relationship will they have when money problems start to arise. In 10 years their kids will be teens and that's when things get real expensive, he won't be with the NFL anymore, she probably won't be on TV anymore.

They're clearly not saving their money.

I agree about Tracy. She just looks unhygienic and it has nothing to do with her weight. I get that Bravo is paying her to be the show's comic relief and Kim's rent-a-friend, but Kim and her foul-mouthed son are crass enough as it is. I can't make it through more than five minutes of this show before changing the channel in disgust.

Tracey has been working for the Biermanns for a couple of years now, it was decided to include her in the show this season.

I feel like she's been in a couple scenes where she had one line or in the background before last yr.