Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

(edited)

There hasn't been one iota of mercy or respect of the hospital since RC/FV took over the reins.  How can Dr. O's character still be breathing air outside of a jail cell?  Every single scene of Dr. O just reminds me that the former Chief of Staff is being held against her will.  Out of sight but not out of mind.

I think they made an effort to build up the hospital canvas.  Sadly, that effort was mainly Sabrina.

And Dr. O being out of jail doesn't bug me.  At least she worked for her freedom, unlike Sonny, Julian, Donna Mills, etc.

Edited by TeeVee329
(edited)

At this point, Obrecht still being around just annoys me. She now does nothing but snark at people, talk to Franco and whine while still keeping her spot. They had to compromise so many characters to keep her present and all she does is this. There's no reason she could not have stayed a recurring villain, as she began. It's what she's made for. She's also one of the largest symbols of the show's very fucked moral compass and priorities, where characters like her, Franco, Nina, Ava, Donna Mills, etc. are all considered much more important and in need of sustainability efforts than half the cast - and now they barely use her, except to satisfy their need for Kathleen Gati fabulousness.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 15

Oh, believe me, I hate Dr. O's new position as Franco's number one cheerleader and friend.

I really wish, when Britt and Faison left town, they had reset Dr. O to the recurring villain role I loved her in.  She could have swept in to town every once in a while to see Nathan, wear a fierce hat or a kicky wig, cause some trouble, and then head home to Faison.

• Love 1
The only reason ME is still around is because of Frank and Ron's vendetta re: Prospect Park and OLTL. It's insane.

The whole situation is so stupid. I've always liked ME, and I really wish he had a better character to stick around for. Silas is terrible.

• Love 2
(edited)

Oh, believe me, I hate Dr. O's new position as Franco's number one cheerleader and friend.

I really wish, when Britt and Faison left town, they had reset Dr. O to the recurring villain role I loved her in.  She could have swept in to town every once in a while to see Nathan, wear a fierce hat or a kicky wig, cause some trouble, and then head home to Faison.

It's extra annoying because I'm sure the reason they keep her in stern-but-excellent chief of staff mode is so she's around when they launch a "who is Nathan's biological father REALLY oh whoops that was a thing remember?" story line. Probably to be launched around September or October, as soon as Lulu and Dante are either reunited or left contemplating signing divorce papers and then disappearing for three months, as the other cute thirtysomething couple comes forward on the rotation wheel.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 2

Oh, believe me, I hate Dr. O's new position as Franco's number one cheerleader and friend.

I really wish, when Britt and Faison left town, they had reset Dr. O to the recurring villain role I loved her in. She could have swept in to town every once in a while to see Nathan, wear a fierce hat or a kicky wig, cause some trouble, and then head home to Faison.

Her role as CoS doesn't seem to mean much these days. Didn't Dr. O also comfort Anna when Duke died, despite her role in Robin's kidnapping? I don't understand why the recent regimes keep having villains (like Sonny, Jason, Franco, and Dr. O) treated like they are the good guys.

• Love 3

Her role as CoS doesn't seem to mean much these days. Didn't Dr. O also comfort Anna when Duke died, despite her role in Robin's kidnapping? I don't understand why the recent regimes keep having villains (like Sonny, Jason, Franco, and Dr. O) treated like they are the good guys.

You want to make me go apoplectic, don't you?

Unfortunately, I don't have a hilarious youtube vid like jsbt to temper my rage.

• Love 3

I was shocked ReRon showed Sam and Liz both with kids at an event children would logically attend.

Then it was just a plot point for Sam to get closer to her one true dick.

Val and Dante is painful to watch.

• Love 3

I was shocked ReRon showed Sam and Liz both with kids at an event children would logically attend.

Then it was just a plot point for Sam to get closer to her one true dick.

Val and Dante is painful to watch.

I swear, at the end of Valerie's speech on Friday I expected her to say, " . . . and then, my dog died too!"

• Love 6

Aidan is very cute.

It's absurd that it took Franco so long to believe Denise is Ava. He of all people should know people come back from the dead, seeing as he did that himself. And how stupid is Ava to trust Franco not to tell anyone?

Oh, Dante. Maybe you should talk to your wife before you give your marriage a post mortem. And I really hate how BS is playing Valerie. Why is she crying? She doesn't know these people. 

Nina: "Hi. I'm here, too."
Sam: "Yeah. Hi."

Hee.

Ugh. We are getting a Jake-isn't-really-dead story. UGH, UGH, UGH.

• Love 2

Lucky <3 seeing him hug his mother was the best part.

This baby Jake thing is so rushed. I don't care one bit about him being alive. 

How long is Dante going to be throwing his pity party. 

Silas is so useless. Why is he even on the show anymore. 

Ahh, another day of Franco/Ava. *shoot me*

• Love 4

Jake is alive...? Oh ffs, Jason gets another kid back? Why...just...why?

Is there nothing, and I do mean nothing, Ron wouldn't rewrite and make worse for a second go-around?

I see JJ decided not to shave, which to me was a regretful decision, it makes him look far too much like Ethan.

Danny is a mute apparently, not that I can blame the kid being around such morons. And where was Emma, Patrick? I guess he is just too darn busy nestling against Sam's ample bosom to recall he has his own kid.

So Ava decides to let Franco in on her secret because reasons and she's a total dumb-ass, figures.

Aidan was finally released from his cage at least so there was that. At least he seemed to act half alive unlike Danny. I swear that poor kid seemed drugged.

• Love 4

Why is pointless Silas hanging out with Nina?  I wish he knew how she drugged and tried to rape him.  And why is Ava so stupid as to tell Franco of all people her secret?  He's a SERIAL KILLER blabbermouth.  All these people need to make better life decisions.

Dante being so sure about Lulu and Dillon is just beyond stupid.  Maybe this story would make sense if Dillon had been in town for six months, if Dante's jealously had steadily been building, but the rapid fire pacing of it was pathetic.

Danny running up and hugging Jake(son)'s leg just as he was pontificating about having kids made my eyes roll so hard they got stuck.

Lucky!  And the thrown-in line from Liz about Lucky having been calling and Skype-ing the kids?  I'll take it!

• Love 7

Ugh, they're really doing it. I was trying to hold out hope. The only way it would be worth it is if Jake walked up to Joss and said, "give me back my kidney, bitch". But otherwise, BLECH.

On a superficial level, I didn't mind Dante/Val. He was pretty sexy.

Weird with Silas seeing Sam and hanging with Nina. He really does have no story whatsoever. Utterly pointless.

I don't care if it was stupid (I don't think the secret's coming out for a while anyway), I got Ava for almost a whole episode. About time.

• Love 2

Ugh, they're really doing it. I was trying to hold out hope. The only way it would be worth it is if Jake walked up to Joss and said, "give me back my kidney, bitch". But otherwise, BLECH. out for a while anyway), I got Ava for almost a whole episode. About time.

Of course that would have to be punctuated with a corn mention because har har har. 

If that crappy set didn't hold a lot of Lante 1.0 memories for me I probably could have enjoyed the prettiness of Dante/Valerie. Although I actually think him carrying her backwards was awkward.

Also, she had a huge grin on her face when he laid her down. I would too, but yeah. She's not innocent in this.

But I'm glad some of you can enjoy it. No, seriously. I can't because it was the one piece of the show I was attached to still (Dante's integrity, not Lante the couple anymore) but if I wasn't I would have probably enjoyed that.

Seriously, it didn't have to be in their bed. :(

Okay, onto non ridiculous fangirl stuff. Ridiculous on my part, not the show's. The show is always ridiculous now. Onward ho:

Such as, Frank coming up for air one last time to try to get another shot. Come. On. Wasn't it enough you brought him back in the first place?

Is Tony Geary/Luke posturing over the show body of a 107 year old man riddled with bullets who was in a wheelchair supposed to make him look tough?

Dear JJ, seriously, Lucky's hair didn't have to be that realistic looking. Also I had some snarky thoughts about how I guess Lucky and Lulu meant physically big and little when they called each other little and big sister. I missed Julie a lot in the reunion scene but I guess at least Ethan wasn't there to muck it up. Although Dillon was. SERIOUSLY, WHY IS HE THERE.

Jake is alive. meh. That's what I mean when I am detached about everything at this point. That is my reaction and my feeling.

• Love 12

What? Tell me? I can't figure it out with the not-spelling-it-out comments! Did Dante break his wedding vows? Did he? Did he??

At least there's one thing to look forward to: The reunion of Genie and JJ!

I think they did, Dante stripped off Val's dress in 0.73 seconds, and they rolled around in the Dante/Lulu marriage bed. However, her underwear appears to have stayed on--at least the bra--so they didn't have to use the two level sheet.

It was very silly, and Lulu called in the middle of said rolling makeout for reasons.

She was watching fireworks with Mac, Felicia, and Cameron. I think Patrick was the one who mentioned that.

At this point they may as well just let Mac and Felicia raise her, give them something to do "off screen" since that's where they spend all their time now, as does Emma frankly.

Patrick really has been scaled back to play nothing more than Sam's new bed buddy and a stand-in father figure to her kid until Jason is finally "revealed". If I didn't find him so loathsome I might feel sorry for the SOB when Jake becomes Jason and Sam goes right back to throwing her vagina at him full throttle.

So many characters roam about on this show and yet they're all pretty much useless and pointless and do absolutely nothing of substance, imho.

Ron is apparently of the belief he is writing characters I want to root for, care about, or watch on a regular basis and he is wrong, drop dead ass wrong.

So is Luke going to head off to rescue/save/bring back Jake with his precious "Cowboy" now? Is that how they intend to fully "redeem" that sad sack of shit? I just can't even with any of it.

• Love 4

Hold up...what Frank Smith said about Luke being in on it?  Are we going with some kind of stupidity that Fluke spirited child Jake away for reasons?

Also, this story didn't appear in the previews.  I swear, Ron, if you let that dangle for a few days...

Ron is doing way too fucking much in the Jason story. So we have Jake not knowing he's Jason, Liz and Nik keeping Jason a secret, Sam fucking Patrick not knowing Jason's alive, Patrick fucking Sam while not caring that Robin is nowhere to be found for almost a year, and now Jake has been alive all along.

STOP ADDING NEW SHIT.

Oh, Dante and Valerie are pieces of crap.

• Love 8

And yet...Lulu lying was just so stupid (especially considering what a lower case Big Bad turned out to be behind all this) that I'm having trouble mustering up sympathy.

• Love 9
Hold up...what Frank Smith said about Luke being in on it?

I believe that he said Lucky, not Luke. Lucky was in on it because apparently he "had no choice" due to Jake being alive and all that blah blah bullshit.

• Love 4

Lucky!  And the thrown-in line from Liz about Lucky having been calling and Skype-ing the kids?  I'll take it!

Actually, I would have been happy if that's what she said.  Unfortunately, she said Lucky was skyping with Aiden.  My first thought was "really?  how hard would it have been to say Aiden and Cameron or even "the boys".  I feel bad for Cameron that Lucky has scheduled Skype sessions with Aiden but apparently Lucky doesn't say boo to him.

• Love 2

Ron is doing way too fucking much in the Jason story. So we have Jake not knowing he's Jason, Liz and Nik keeping Jason a secret, Sam fucking Patrick not knowing Jason's alive, Patrick fucking Sam while not caring that Robin is nowhere to be found for almost a year, and now Jake has been alive all along.

STOP ADDING NEW SHIT.

They are. Although if Carly gets in his face about it I might be angry with her. Might being the keyword because I might not watch the scenes, because it's hard to slog through the other parts of the show now. I did not watch the Valerie/Dante lead up scenes except for the sex, just because I wanted to judge it "unbiased" (hey, I try people). Honestly I did not watch any scenes except for the Spencer stuff and the sex, and also Ava saying "newsflash Franco, I am Ava". That was a good line and MW delivered it well but then I just went back to FFing.

And yet...Lulu lying was just so stupid (especially considering what a lower case Big Bad turned out to be behind all this) that I'm having trouble mustering up sympathy.

It's not about sympathy for Lulu for me, on my part, it's about Dante's character. In fact I am willing to bet ER will make ridiculous faces when Lulu finds out and it will make you even less sympathetic. ;)

• Love 3

Hold up...what Frank Smith said about Luke being in on it?  Are we going with some kind of stupidity that Fluke spirited child Jake away for reasons?

Also, this story didn't appear in the previews.  I swear, Ron, if you let that dangle for a few days...

no, he said Lucky was in on it and Lucky cleared up the allegation.

(edited)

He said Lucky was in on it.

Oooh, I completely misheard that.  That makes...slightly more sense?  An equal amount of non sense?  I'm not sure.

Edited by TeeVee329

Although I actually think him carrying her backwards was awkward.

He freaking ran into the wall right before he laid her down on the bed, that kind of cracked me up. But where else where they going to do it if not in the bed? Their apartment is the size of a postage stamp.

With ER in the role, now Lulu looks older than Lucky so I just watched that entire scene thinking where the hell is JMB? Sorry, I just can't accept Emme in this role for some reason.

• Love 4

LUCKY!! Don't care that he's bearded and unwashed, I was seal- clapping because Lucky! Laura! and Luke!

Not even RC and this incredibly shitty story can ruin having these three together

• Love 14

It's not about sympathy for Lulu for me, on my part, it's about Dante's character. In fact I am willing to bet ER will make ridiculous faces when Lulu finds out and it will make you even less sympathetic. ;)

I agree, Dante took a real hit to make this happen.  Especially because I think this story was designed so Lulu will be able to skip on over to Dillon guilt-free.  It was a slight Ross-ening, if you will.

• Love 7

I wonder how long it's going to take for Carly to realize she gets to go back to hating Liz now that Poor!Dead!Jake is apparently alive and in possession of his kidneys?

• Love 1
(edited)

I agree, Dante took a real hit to make this happen.  Especially because I think this story was designed so Lulu will be able to skip on over to Dillon guilt-free.  It was a slight Ross-ening, if you will.

Oh, God, you don't really think they're going to try to make THAT an actual thing, do you? I'm hoping they just did this to give DZ and ER a bit to do. I mean yeah, look at the other awful couples Ron has tried to make happen, but I can't imagine they're that interested in ER/Lulu that they want to try to throw her a whole new pairing. God, not with this, this, this CUTOUT. 

also go over to the OLTL forum cause I have a question to ask. :)

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 5

Oh, God, you don't really think they're going to try to make THAT an actual thing, do you?

Oh, it'll happen.  I'm sure the Dante/Valerie tryst will stay secret for a while - while Val probably dates Dillon - but when it goes boom, Lulu will at the very least hit the sack with Dillon.

(edited)

Let me put it this way...I don't even like this version of Lulu...not a fan of ER...and I think Dante looks SO disgusting and Val looks even worse.

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 5

Oh, it'll happen.  I'm sure the Dante/Valerie tryst will stay secret for a while - while Val probably dates Dillon - but when it goes boom, Lulu will at the very least hit the sack with Dillon.

This is Ron we're talking about.  Val will date Dillon, realize she's pregnant with Dante's baby. She'll share the secret with Dante, who'll be riddled with guilt and they'll make the decision to let Dillon think he's the father.  And Lulu will continue to lament that she can't give Dante another biological child (wait, can she?  I totally forget now what embryos are out there).

And no one will just think to act like adults and sit down and have an air clearing conversation.

Then, in three years, if GH isn't canceled before then, it'll turn out that the baby will really be Dillon's after all.  Even though it won't make any sense given the time frame and what the characters knew in 2015, errr, now.

• Love 9

Let me put it this way...I don't even like this version of Lulu...not a fan of ER...and I think Dante looks SO disgusting and Val looks even worse.

but her and her mom used to climb up Mount Rushmore every presidents' day! How dare you!!

• Love 9
(edited)

but her and her mom used to climb up Mount Rushmore every presidents' day! How dare you!!

Bwah! Yet she's still the definition of homewrecker!

So is Lucky going to drop off Jake and then leave again? If so, can he find Robin? And maybe dig up Georgie, Alan, AJ, Justus, and AMC's Leo while he's at it??

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 9