Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

I liked Dante and Olivia today.  I'm glad we didn't miss seeing her tell him about her pregnancy.  

I also liked Tracy and Ned with Danny.  It was nice to see the Q's acting like a family and Tracy in scenes that weren't at least 95% about Luke/Fluke.  

Seeing Sam and Liz as somewhat friendly acquaintances works better for me than Sam/Carly.  

• Love 3
(edited)
Is it possible that they're using this Spencer accident to SORAS him?  Today, Nik sat down beside Spencer's bed, but we never actually saw Spencer.  Made me wonder if NB is on his way out for a different actor.

No way. They love him. Unless he gets another job we're stuck with him.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 3
Re: Danny Boy - I knew I was being blatantly manipulated, but it worked anyway.  Delia singing Maeve's song brought a tear to this old lady's eye.

The phrase and everything surrounding it has been permanently ruined for me by stupid Rafe using it every. single. time he mentioned Danny. 

I don't think she was a good choice for an attorney in this case.

Diane is off doing...something else and Ric is working for Sonny, so Alexis is the only lawyer left.

Made me wonder if NB is on his way out for a different actor.

Unlikely. Frank and Ron are infatuated with him. They think he's terrific.

• Love 3

I liked Dante and Olivia today.  I'm glad we didn't miss seeing her tell him about her pregnancy.  

I'm wondering though if they're just going to ignore that Lulu knows Olivia slept with Julian. Cause as soon as Dante tells Lulu she should be able to make that connection.

• Love 3

I'm wondering though if they're just going to ignore that Lulu knows Olivia slept with Julian. Cause as soon as Dante tells Lulu she should be able to make that connection.

I can see them having Lulu help Olivia keep the secret - both because she loves Olivia and because Julian is in the whole Fluke mess up to his eyeballs. 

• Love 1

Today was a pretty great episode for the most part.

The Best:

Michael outmaneuvering Sonny by inserting a new judge sympathetic to his side was brilliant.  I loved the exchange between Michael and Alexis when the judge first came out:

Alexis:  What did you do?

Michael:  I don't know what you mean.

Alexis:  The judge, your Grandmother's boyfriend?

Michael:  And your point?  (LOL, God that was the best.  I loved the way Chad delivered that line.)

The other great scene was watching Ned and Tracy with Danny and how absolutely thrilled Tracy was with Michael and Monica's team-tagging of Sonny.  Ned was equally gleeful, and it was just nice to see the Quartermaines enjoy a victory.  Also, how happy did Danny look being with the Qs today?  I think Avery actually would be happy with Michael and the Qs.

I also really enjoyed Dante and Olivia.  I think LL and DZ have great chemistry, and DZ is just so funny with his reactions to things, and he was desperately trying to figure out if his mother was maybe just having another vision.  (Paraphrasing) "You sure it wasn't like the baby, jackal thing?"  LOL.

The bad:

Everything about Ava.  I'm sorry, but when did this woman become a beloved character to her family?  Last time I checked, most of them hated her.  I mean, I don't mind that they would miss her after thinking she was dead, but an entire episode??  Even AJ and Jason didn't get any acknowledgement of their passing, but Ava does?  Please.

Jake and Liz.  GOD, those two put me to sleep, and Elizabeth's constant guard dog routine with anyone who is around Jake is getting very tiresome.

• Love 7

Of course, I haven't seen today's episode yet because it's not on Hulu until 8, but was there any mention of Luke?  When on earth are they going to wrap that up? I thought February Sweeps was when all was supposed to be revealed??

(edited)

Even AJ and Jason didn't get any acknowledgement of their passing, but Ava does?  Please.

Ava gets the big sendoff because we know she's not really dead. It's a pretty standard trope. AJ got nothing because he was fat (though he did get the Stairway to Paradise with Emily), and Jason was ignored because Ron was still in his I-hate-Steve-Burton phase. Those were the days....

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 7
Of course, I haven't seen today's episode yet because it's not on Hulu until 8, but was there any mention of Luke?  When on earth are they going to wrap that up? I thought February Sweeps was when all was supposed to be revealed??

There was. He was being arraigned today (off-screen).

AJ got nothing because he was fat (though he did get the Stairway to Paradise with Emily)

AJ had a gravesite service with about six people in attendance, two of whom happened to be Sonny and Carly (who came "to support Michael" -- please, Monica should have had them forcibly removed).  Ugh.

• Love 2

Delia must have been drunk if she thought Avery had her father's coloring. She's not orange, she's actually very fair, though her hair might be brown.

Delia's husband, Roger, should have been there 'cause...

• Love 3
Why is it that Ric keeps saying that Michael hasn't proven that Sonny is an unfit father, despite the long list of Sonny's crimes and all the times the various children's lives were in danger.  What more could Michael say?  What more could a person say to prove unfitness??

Actually to be considered unfit it would have to be proven he currently posses a danger to THIS child. He is supposedly out of the mob and he was just branned a hero by the town. He is wealthy and can provide her care. Despite having a bad history it is realistic he would keep custody.

On top of that all his children despite bad things happening to them are all alive and healthy as adults.

• Love 1

I wish Ron would learn how to rotate his stories (I use that term loosely) better. People like me who don't care about this custody shit / Ava's plight or seeing that nauseating stalker nurse obsess over Jakeson aren't left with much. Watching Olivia and Ned shop for baby stuff would be more entertaining to me than this.

• Love 2
(edited)

I was so happy with the court scenes today and then Michael got his pensive look on and I'm pretty sure was about to tell Alexis he was ready to give up. Gross. Michael, you're 100% right about everything, don't let these idiots deter you!

I'm not proud of this, but I cried when Ned/Tracy were talking about the next generation of Q's and Tracy brought up how Alan would be proud. Dammit, this show doesn't deserve my genuine tears!

Avery was so happy about Delia's (I typed Roxy at first lol) singing and I found that really cute. And then her dosing off at the end of the song. That baby is just perfection.

Jake is stupid as hell. Liz is ever dumber. And they are both boring and smug. They deserve each other.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 3

AJ didn't get nothing - he got two cold-blooded killers, each responsible in their own way for his death, throwing him a memorial boink over his dead body, literally.  What finer tribute can there be than Sonny giving some woman 30 seconds of...whatever in your crypt? 

• Love 10

There was. He was being arraigned today (off-screen).

Thanks.

I wish the investigation into Luke's past etc would take center stage again, as I am curious as to the whereabouts of Patricia, what happened, and so on.  Spinelli's supposed to work on that, isn't he?  I am not crazy about his character but if it keeps the Spixie thing on hold, I'm all for that.

• Love 1

I wish Ron would learn how to rotate his stories (I use that term loosely) better. People like me who don't care about this custody shit / Ava's plight or seeing that nauseating stalker nurse obsess over Jakeson aren't left with much. Watching Olivia and Ned shop for baby stuff would be more entertaining to me than this.

The custody hearing has been on less than a week.

• Love 1

Tracy and Ned with Danny were adorable. JE and WK have great chemsitry and can both act. It was nice to give a Q point of view finally, but poor Monica again gets an off screen story. Could she not be seen just for one scene. What Tracy described would have been a better scene than 820273 scenes of Jake being stalked by <insert woman dejor> or stuck babysitting horrible McSloane.

So let me get this straight the judge who wouldn't let Maxie see her child b/c she was dating a cop who told a white lie in court NOW is going to preside over a conflict of interest case. alrightly then.

I liked the dynamic in the scene between Sonny's "sonet" on the stand and Michael and Carly in court. That was well set up.

Gawd Ava's "wake" was sleep inducingly bad.

Dante and Olivia were also cute as bugs but DZ needs to get tips from WdV before he does a spit-take.

Avery is very adorable. She really doesn't need a "mute button" though can we give that passie to Luke?

• Love 3

Yeah. Tracy mentioned Luke being arraigned "today", but "today" in Port Charles time can be anywhere from tomorrow to next week to next month. True story, Passions had a day that lasted like all freaking summer or all month. I think the week was all summer. Since Ron appears to be striving to be James E. Reily, it could be "today" next month. But yes, Tracy and Ned discuss it. Briefly. But there's no sight of Luke. The set munching is done by NotRoxy, Gallery Friends, Liz's Mad Face, and Carly of the Ponytail.

• Love 1

Yeah. Tracy mentioned Luke being arraigned "today", but "today" in Port Charles time can be anywhere from tomorrow to next week to next month. True story, Passions had a day that lasted like all freaking summer or all month. I think the week was all summer. Since Ron appears to be striving to be James E. Reily, it could be "today" next month. But yes, Tracy and Ned discuss it. Briefly. But there's no sight of Luke. The set munching is done by NotRoxy, Gallery Friends, Liz's Mad Face, and Carly of the Ponytail.

Not missing Luke and his chest-beating, just really want to know about what happened in his past, what that means in the present, and in general puh-leese can we wrap it up already?? It's not so much that I am impatient, it's that I am really curious about that stuff.

• Love 2
(edited)

My issue isn't that Sonny has done bad things my issue is that what Michael is doing is being like him, it could be said the Qs would do this too, but there again I don't see them as good people either. Edward was a terrible bully especially to his own family and that is not something good either(I also don't dislike the Qs but I don't think they were particularly rootable either.)

I would rather see Michael be the better man than Sonny or the Qs who were just as horrible to their own child.

Here's the rub, because I've realized why this reasoning sounded so familiar, and why it bothers me so much. It bothers me because it is pretty much every argument in the history of ever against characters who at least try to do the right thing now and then, without there being something in it for them. The bad guys can be whatever piece of shit rat bastard they are every day all day long, and if anyone who criticizes them or raises a hand to stop them isn't morally perfect, they're the ones who get raked over the coals. I don't see how that makes any kind of sense.

Were the Quartermaines angels who never did bad things? Of course not. Regardless of that, they were never mobsters. I suppose that if you really wanted to, you could say that Tracy was a mob boss at one point, but that was a long time ago. Unlike Sonny, she got out and didn't go back. And she never nearly killed Ned or Dillon with a car bomb or shot them in the chest, either. I guess by Port Charles logic, that means she doesn't love them as much as Sonny "loves" his children.

Edited by Cobalt Stargazer
  • Love 21

AJ had a gravesite service with about six people in attendance, two of whom happened to be Sonny and Carly (who came "to support Michael" -- please, Monica should have had them forcibly removed).  Ugh.

And then Sonny and Ava had sex on AJ's grave, which was essentially RC pissing on SK.  

• Love 7
(edited)

I mean I just don't see how it's possible to justify Sonny's actions. He's truly reprehensible. Sure, he has dimples and he provides top notch UCG, but he's a piece of shit, a terrible father, a murderer, a career criminal, a sexist, etc. He sucks. And it's a joke that it's only now that he's actually going to lose custody of one of his kids and even more of a joke that we are supposed to buy that he only will because Michael's an underhanded bully. Please. I'm not dumb, RC, and I have a memory. 

Whatever, I will revel in Michael winning (not a spoiler, it's just pretty obvious that'll happen) even though I know it won't last and he'll continue to be portrayed as evil until he eventually completely forgives Sonny. Sigh.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 15

Here's the rub, because I've realized why this reasoning sounded so familiar, and why it bothers me so much. It bothers me because it is pretty much every argument in the history of ever against characters who at least try to do the right thing now and then, without there being something in it for them. The bad guys can be whatever piece of shit rat bastard they are every day all day long, and if anyone who criticizes them or raises a hand to stop them isn't morally perfect, they're the ones who get raked over the coals. I don't see how that makes any kind of sense.

Were the Quartermaines angels who never did bad things? Of course not. Regradless of that, they were never mobsters. I suppose that if you really wanted to, you could say that Tracy was a mob boss at one point, but that was a long time ago. Unlike Sonny, she got out and didn't go back. And she never nearly killed Ned or Dillon with a car bomb or shot them in the chest, either. I guess by Port Charles logic, that means she doesn't love them as much as Sonny "loves" his children.

I don't disagree with this BUT my issue is shades of badness. I feel emotional abuse is just as bad as actual abuse. To see someone emotionally abused is harder for me personally to deal with than physical violence b/c at least physical violence in more "honest" to an extent.

For me to see a scene where AJ own family emotionally belittles and damages him is much more heartbreaking to me than seeing him be punched by Sonny.  Sonny's children were targets of other people's violence due to his lifestyle but he never belittled or made his children feel like they were trash like Alan and Edward and some extent Monica did to AJ.

If you are truely a good person you would act more like Nathan. That is how I'd want Michael to be. But I do feel the current Qs are decent people. I know Ned was bad in the past but currently he is one of the best guys on the show...that gets screen time. I don't mind Michael being like the current Qs but to celebrate the Qs of the past as some kind of good people. I just can't personally.

• Love 2

Everything about Ava.  I'm sorry, but when did this woman become a beloved character to her family?  Last time I checked, most of them hated her.  I mean, I don't mind that they would miss her after thinking she was dead, but an entire episode??  Even AJ and Jason didn't get any acknowledgement of their passing, but Ava does?  Please.

I know right? It's laughable.

The custody hearing has been on less than a week.

To me it feels like it's been going on for weeks. Probably because I'm sick of hearing about Avery period.

• Love 3
(edited)

Is it possible that they're using this Spencer accident to SORAS him?  Today, Nik sat down beside Spencer's bed, but we never actually saw Spencer.  Made me wonder if NB is on his way out for a different actor.

Getting rid of young Spencer and his speech impediment and weird wardrobe would be an enormous relief, of course. If he were SORASed, would the speech impediment persist? And what about his implied special friendship with Emma? Would she find it odd that her playmate had aged 10 or so years after returning from time at the Shriner's hospital?

I just don't get why Alexis was lobbying Michael so hard to drop the suit against Sonny. She's totally and irresponsibly fascinated by mobsters, and sympathetic to them--she was Sonny's main counsel, although not his consigliere--so she must have had deeply uncomfortable feelings in her role as Michael's counsel in his campaign against Sonny. But it still seemed to come out of the blue. Diane would have enjoyed ripping Sonny on the stand; he'd be the helpless mouse in her ruthless claws. Also, it would be a hoot to see Diane parade up and down in court in the latest fashions.

Olivia lying about her baby daddy is pointless, childish, and reeks of powerless females of the past. 

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd
  • Love 4
(edited)

Actually to be considered unfit it would have to be proven he currently posses a danger to THIS child. 

Ok.  Thank you.  Wasn't sure how the definition of "unfit" actually works.

On top of that all his children despite bad things happening to them are all alive and healthy as adults.

Ironically, the only one that he truly had a hand in raising is the one that's suffered the most and is now completely against him.  

I just don't get why Alexis was lobbying Michael so hard to drop the suit against Sonny.

I kind of get it (it's stupid and makes Alexis look like a hypocrite) but I get it.  She thinks Michael will eventually come to regret his decision and by then, will have done irreperable damage to his relationship with Sonny and she's trying to make sure that doens't happen.  

I'm sorry, but when did this woman become a beloved character to her family?

I get this too.  When someone dies suddenly, you're filled with regret. So you'll find something nice to say at the wake.   Everyone there would have had regrets (except Morgan but he's just too stupid to know any better).  

I also have to give giant kudos to Maura West for going completely without makeup for this.  

Edited by Perkie
  • Love 7
(edited)

New to this thread. I was a long time GH watcher but I have been extremely casual for awhile. But I did catch an episode...

Re: Spencer, how long has this kid been 9ish? I swear when I watched like 5 years ago this kid was 9 maybe even older. 

The last time I appreciated a child on a soap was probably when Hayden Panettiere was Lizzie on Guiding Light. She was adorable and a good little actress. Kids should be neither seen or heard... unless its a special occasion.

I am team Michael all the way. And I am SOOO happy Michael has turned against Sonny. I hope he sticks with this. It was everything I always hoped for. Here is hoping when the Jakeson reveal happens, he is also team Michael. I think Michael is Jason's OTP. Something happened when he bonded with that kid, and I like to think that is the main reason he stuck around Carly and Sonny. I am also hoping Billy Miller can produce a Jason I can get behind, I haven't watched enough to come a conclusion, but I will never like Jason and Liz. 

I love Liz as a friend but I think I loved Liz and Lucky the teen years so much, it basically ruined Liz in all other romantic pairings. No one will love her the way teen Lucky did. They had great idealistic sweet young love that rarely works on soaps due to casting directors habit of hiring attractive 20 something youths with limited experience who have to learn how to act during their first year or so on the show.

And bribing a judge is so Quartermaine. I believe that's what happened during the Michael dispute when AJ first found out. But I could be remembering wrong.

Edited by NewRadical
  • Love 7

Re: Spencer, how long has this kid been 6ish? I swear when I watched like 5 years ago this kid was 6 maybe even older.

Spencer's 10.  It was a this tenth bday party that he got burned and is in hospital.  

Judge Monica's Boyfriend was the hero of the day for me today.  That staredown he gave Ric was priceless.

Alexis bringing up the Bullet of Love was terrific also, if only for the look on Carly's face when she did it.

DON'T WEAKEN NOW, MICHAEL!  NEVER GIVE UP!  NEVER SURRENDER!

• Love 21
Dante and Olivia were also cute as bugs but DZ needs to get tips from WdV before he does a spit-take.

CD could have given him some advice, too. I wish Olivia hadn't been indignant at Dante's questions. None of them were out of line.

Jake, you idiot, get that deal in writing. And maybe consult a lawyer about it, too.

I assume the bar is closed for the service, so LOL that no one looks twice at Unabomber Ava as she sneaks in the door or tries to be incognito outside. I loved Avery babbling through the eulogies. That was the best part of the service.

Tracy and Ned taking such glee at Monica convincing her boyfriend to take over Michael's case was so fun to see. It's been way too long since we've seen Quartermaines supporting one another.

• Love 12
I wish Olivia hadn't been indignant at Dante's questions. None of them were out of line.

I didn't get the feeling she was indignant. I think she was a little surprised that he thought the father might be Sonny, but I don't think she was angry. (I did like that both of them were like "god no" about that scenario.)

• Love 2

Spencer's 10.  It was a this tenth bday party that he got burned and is in hospital.  

Haha yes I edited it. All kids under 12 but over 5 look the same to me. But I am fairly certain Spencer has been SORAS'd then D-SORAS'd 

I am actually surprised Cam is not driving.

• Love 1

I didn't get the feeling she was indignant. I think she was a little surprised that he thought the father might be Sonny, but I don't think she was angry. (I did like that both of them were like "god no" about that scenario.)

I thought it was pretty funny his first thought was that it was Sonny. And her indignation was also LOL b/c it isn't Sonny but IS Julian so not really better. heh

DZ looked yummy in that leather coat. MEOW!

• Love 1

I don't disagree with this BUT my issue is shades of badness. I feel emotional abuse is just as bad as actual abuse. To see someone emotionally abused is harder for me personally to deal with than physical violence b/c at least physical violence in more "honest" to an extent.

For me to see a scene where AJ own family emotionally belittles and damages him is much more heartbreaking to me than seeing him be punched by Sonny.  Sonny's children were targets of other people's violence due to his lifestyle but he never belittled or made his children feel like they were trash like Alan and Edward and some extent Monica did to AJ.

That's not actually true, although the really ugly verbal abuse was directed at his kids' mothers. There was a storyline where Kristina was worried she was attracted to Keifer -  her abusive, disturbed boyfriend - because of the way her father had treated Carly, lashed out at Claudia (she witnessed it), demeaned women in general, etc. She event went to Alexis and asked if Sonny ever abused her. Also, Kristina and Morgan have both expressed feeling like they were ignored/neglected because Michael was the child he truly loved. And his behavior supported their belief. Just because he didn't curse at them/call them names on a regular basis or hit them doesn't mean he was a good or even decent father to his children.

• Love 17
(edited)

That's not actually true, although the really ugly verbal abuse was directed at his kids' mothers. There was a storyline where Kristina was worried she was attracted to Keifer -  her abusive, disturbed boyfriend - because of the way her father had treated Carly, lashed out at Claudia (she witnessed it), demeaned women in general, etc. She event went to Alexis and asked if Sonny ever abused her. Also, Kristina and Morgan have both expressed feeling like they were ignored/neglected because Michael was the child he truly loved. And his behavior supported their belief. Just because he didn't curse at them/call them names on a regular basis or hit them doesn't mean he was a good or even decent father to his children.

And that is fine as your opinon but I've see real emotional abuse towards AJ from his parents and grandfather and while Sonny may not have been hands on I haven't really seen true emotional abuse like I did from the Q and that is my opinion which is truely my opinion.

And I won't disagree with you that Sonny can be abusive towards women but I was talking about his children. Most all the scenes of Sonny with children are usually pretty darn cute. Even teenage Kristina calling him out.

Even now with all Michael is doing to him Sonny is pretty understanding and takes it well. You think Alan or Edward would have been this gracious. I think not.

Edited by Cattitude

Ok.  Thank you.  Wasn't sure how the definition of "unfit" actually works.

Ironically, the only one that he truly had a hand in raising is the one that's suffered the most and is now completely against him.  

I kind of get it (it's stupid and makes Alexis look like a hypocrite) but I get it.  She thinks Michael will eventually come to regret his decision and by then, will have done irreperable damage to his relationship with Sonny and she's trying to make sure that doens't happen.  

I get this too.  When someone dies suddenly, you're filled with regret. So you'll find something nice to say at the wake.   Everyone there would have had regrets (except Morgan but he's just too stupid to know any better).

o have to give giant kudos to Maura West for going completely without makeup for this.  

I think that Sonny did irrepairable damage to his relationship with Michael when he killed AJ.

• Love 13

one thing I loved about the old days was they would have A stories on certain days then B/C stories on the other days.

• Love 3

one thing I loved about the old days was they would have A stories on certain days then B/C stories on the other days.

I agree. I guess this block taping is what caused the change but focusing on story A for a month, then story B then back to A then to C for a month is hard to keep interest or focus. I don't know why they can't juggle 2-3 stories at once and use block taping.

• Love 3

While AJ was not the golden boy, tales of his abusive, neglectful childhood have been vastly exaggerated.  

Yes there was favouritism towards Jason, and after the accident it was certainly worse as they blamed him. But after that the Q's did try to help AJ. And I think all of them, with maybe the exception of Tracey has apologized. 

Whereas Sonny's kids, and specifically Michael, experienced real severe emotional abuse. Not providing your child with safety and security? Emotional Abuse. Watching your father scream at your mother and throw barware at her? Emotional Abuse. Not to mention, Sonny has done the same ignoring and favouritism techniques that the Q's did with AJ. Ignoring both Kristina and Morgan in faovur of Michael. 

And Sonny may be handling this well now, but I imagine he absolutely will doing someone atrocious to Michael, should he win custody.

• Love 13

When a child witnesses abuse by an adult in the household, even when it is not directed at the child, that is abuse.  Throwing things, also, as Sonny tends to do (and, if you recall, he hit the door jamb so hard when the baby was in the same room, that I was surprised she didn't start crying) is also abuse, and frightening for children.

And, as a survivor of domestic violence as a child and as an adult, I can unequivically state that being punched is more damaging than emotional abuse, as physical violence has a component of emotional terror attached, and the physical scars are reminders of both kinds of abuse. 

I can't stand to see anyone abused in any manner.  But I can tell you that physical abuse, from the perspective of the victim, is a hell of a lot worse.

The argument that Sonny isn't as bad as the Q's, or even that he's as bad as the Q's, really doesn't fly with me, for a lot of reasons but just the main custody issue would be Michael and how he would treat Avery.  His family is not "on trial" here.  Michael hasn't abused anyone, emotionally or otherwise, and if he says he would protect his sister then it follows that, were someone in the Q household engaged in any kind of abuse of Avery, he would simply move out.

Even if Sonny moved to the coast off Bolivia (heh), his mob enemies would still be out there, wanting to get him.  It is precisely who Sonny is, that puts Avery at risk.  And faking that he's leaving the mob certainly isn't fooling anyone, his enemies included.

Just my 2 cents worth.

• Love 19

we will just have to agree to disagee b/c I'm not fighting about this, but I've never seen a scene where Sonny faught with a woman or threw a glass with his child in the room. Him hitting the door with a small baby across the room isn't a big thing to me. I agree that cursing at a mother or throwing things with a child in the room is not cool, but I haven't seen it.

And to be clear no one around here ever exaggerates the Qs emotional abuse towards AJ that I didn't know til I watched old clips and saw it for myself. That is my personal feeling about what I saw with my own eyes not what anyone else said. It was actually shocking to me.

Bottom line is no one is right or wrong we just all have opinions and I'm not about changing someone elses but I do have my own and I'm comfortable with stating them even when others don't agree.

To me there aren't sides. The Qs don't have to be good just b/c Sonny is bad they can both be bad. Just b/c I like Sonny as a mob boss doesn't mean he is a good person. Just b/c Edward was a business man doesn't mean he is a good person either. But I also liked him.

I don't mind Michael being mad at Sonny I wouldn't mind him trying to ruin his business but this custody thing is just wrong. I don't think AJ should have lost his parental rights so I don't think Sonny should either, nor Ava(who I don't even like)

• Love 4

And that is fine as your opinon 

And I won't disagree with you that Sonny can be abusive towards women but I was talking about his children.

Even now with all Michael is doing to him Sonny is pretty understanding and takes it well. You think Alan or Edward would have been this gracious. I think not.

A) Thanks B) The reason I brought up the abuse of women is that in legal disputes involving custody of children, the children witnessing or hearing abuse of a parent or step-parent does come up as domestic abuse, in part I assume because the children are scared by what they see. For example, Kristina saw her father flip out on Claudia, tell his men to "take her", and then saw Claudia take Carly hostage. She was really, really upset about it. Then Claudia winds up dead as a direct result of her father's and brother Michael's actions. She also had a conversation with Carly about the verbal abuse in the Corinthos home. C) I don't agree that Sonny is being understanding - he either allowed or asked his attorney to call Michael a killer and a murderer on the witness stand for protecting newborn Josslyn when Sonny's own actions started that night of trauma. He is fine with trying to smear his 'beloved' son because Michael used facts against him, and because he has an iron fist about the possibility of his latest acquisition getting taken away. No, I do not think Edward or Alan would call AJ or Jason a murderer for a defensive killing when a newborn's life was in jeopardy. 

• Love 10

Dude, no. The pre-Guza days the Q's loved AJ. They always loved AJ. He was considered the "Future of ELQ" because Jason went to med school and Ned was son of Girl Child and became a rock star. AJ and Jason did get along till Sonny and Carly. AJ used to fight people for Jason. He'd box Jagger (fine ass Antonio Sabato Jr) because he and Jason had beef over Karen Wexler. And AJ was a boxer. (SK starred in a Karate Kid movie right before being cast.) Edward was a hard ass on everyone. But he liked that AJ was taking after him. Jason talked to two family members after he hit his head- AJ and Lila. He only had beef with AJ due to Sonny and Carly. Carly convinced Jason (who had brain trauma) that AJ was dangerous. She then convinced Sonny the same thing. Jason believes it because he has a lot of blows to the head. Sonny believes it because he's imo an uneducated dude who came from nothing and is jealous of the Quartermaines. Carly is just that panicky girl from Florida who is her own worst enemy. But AJ was never abused. Anyone can become an alcoholic. It happens.

• Love 10

C) I don't agree that Sonny is being understanding - he either allowed or asked his attorney to call Michael a killer and a murderer on the witness stand for protecting newborn Josslyn when Sonny's own actions started that night of trauma. He is fine with trying to smear his 'beloved' son because Michael used facts against him, and because he has an iron fist about the possibility of his latest acquisition getting taken away. No, I do not think Edward or Alan would call AJ or Jason a murderer for a defensive killing when a newborn's life was in jeopardy. 

It all goes to point of view. I saw Carly defend Michael and Sonny sit there and not try to stop her. I saw Ric be Sonny's attorney at the last minute without prep and just walk in so I assume he let Ric do his job. I saw it different and Sonny is having to defend keeping his daughter. He has not yelled a Michael or tried to bully him and has actually tried to be sympathetic. Today on the stand he said under oath that Michael hates him for killing AJ and he understands.

Sonny didn't call Michael a murderer Ric did and you bet I think Alan or Edward would allow the same thing if they were in court trying to win.

• Love 1