Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

15 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Pip would march right up to Bensch and in no uncertain terms tell him to knock it off or she'd see he not only got fired from GH, but he'd never work again.

Which explains why Pip isn't involved in this story, LOL.

I don't get why Lauren hasn't asked any of the other women in the most general terms if they've been harassed. That wouldn't end the story.

One of the things that bothers me is that they don't mine the familial relationships that exist on the show. Sam and Kiki are cousins! Does anyone even remember that? I think she might be able to help her. But yes, Kiki is a Franco apologist, so I don't know how that would work out exactly.

(edited)

Has Sam ever cared about Kiki though?  Not to mention, she's too far up in Jason's stuff to care about anyone else right now, including  her own children.

But speaking of familial relationships, hey, Alexis is a lawyer. And she must have experienced her own share of that stuff in the past.  Too bad Kiki would never think to ask her. Or even talk to Molly's boyfriend TJ.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 3

I know BH hates performing at the nurses ball, but Elizabeth could have at least been in the audience.  My girl was on for less than five minutes two weeks ago with that freak.  #FreeElizabethWebber!

Anna, join the crowd as your history is fucked over like Elizabeth and Nik's!

• Love 9
36 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Kiki is a Franco apologist, so I don't know how that would work out exactly.

This has nothing to do with Franco, and if Lauren said that up front to Sam, I don't know why Sam wouldn't listen. But they don't really interact even if it's about Franco.

5 minutes ago, Darklazr said:

I know BH hates performing at the nurses ball, but Elizabeth could have at least been in the audience.  My girl was on for less than five minutes two weeks ago with that freak.  #FreeElizabethWebber!

Can't waste Elizabeth on something not Franco-related or -adjacent.

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

This has nothing to do with Franco, and if Lauren said that up front to Sam, I don't know why Sam wouldn't listen. But they don't really interact even if it's about Franco.

Oh, no I agree. I was just wondering if the lack of interaction had to do with Franco. I'm sure that if Kiki said something to Sam about this, she would not dismiss her. Kiki is friends with Molly, whose mother was dating Dr. Bensch. Heck, both Sam and Molly were excited about that possibility for Alexis.

• Love 1

And there's the Griffin/Kiki hookup.  Fuckin' hypocrites.  Also, is this a good look for the show during Kiki's #metoo story, having a drunk Kiki sleep with her less-drunk-than-her supervisor?  I feel like this is going to get turned around on her and possibly Griffin in a really gross way and I'm preemptively disgusted.

Shut up, Valentin.  Shut up, LWB/FS.

• Love 13
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Ooh, now I want Lauren to sue the hospital into oblivion, but of course that would make her a terrible person.

Not saying it would make her a terrible person but how would she have any business suing the hospital over Michael knowing about it? Not only did she only speak in generalities about it, but she played it off as no big deal. She demanded that Michael not say anything. How could she tell Michael not to do anything and then sue because Michael acquiesced to her demand?

3 hours ago, nilyank said:

And unlike Ava, Kiki has never tried to go after a man involved with her mother, so she has no reason to believe that Kiki will try to betray her that way.

It's not like Kiki's really had any opportunities before this. Ava's not really been in too many true serious relationships before. Other than Morgan - and now Griffin - Ava's only had quasi-romantic storylines with characters where the relationship never really got off the ground for whatever reason - Silas, Nikolas. She couldn't go after Silas because he was her father and the entire brief relationship with Nikolas took place outside of PC. Now they've shared both Morgan and Griffin.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

Not saying it would make her a terrible person but how would she have any business suing the hospital over Michael knowing about it? Not only did she only speak in generalities about it, but she played it off as no big deal. She demanded that Michael not say anything. How could she tell Michael not to do anything and then sue because Michael acquiesced to her demand?

I meant in the show universe it would make her a terrible person, because how dare she want to ruin GH that way? 

Lauren would sue GH, not Michael personally. This assumes she finally says something about the harassment and nothing happens—she wouldn't just sue for no reason. 

• Love 3

The devil works hard, but Valentin Cassadine works harder. Every layer to his story made him look worse than before. Nice to have confirmation he has a history of withholding children from their rightful family and treating them like a commodity for his own use. Nina walking away was a good move, but she should be asking herself why she stayed through all the previous lies and murder and it's the Henrik story that broke her. 

Griffin is trashed in my eyes, and to think I once rooted for him and Ava. Can't wait to see what excuse he pulls out of his ass to defend himself after he's denigrated Ava for everything left right and center.

Dante's disgust with Lulu was EVERYTHING. It was harsh, but it had to be said. But I'm gonna need her to absorb and reflect on his words in a more meaningful way than crying through her mascara while hiding behind her laptop.

• Love 6

And today in "Rejected":

I never thought I'd say this but Ava deserves better than Griffin.   I never thought I'd support NIna either.  (BTW, no way is all of Nina's clothes in that small bag.  Those are just overnight and tomorrow morning clothes.

What exactly did Lulu expect from Dante?  He's never supported her Girl Reporter and now he has ammunition.

I loved the Anna/Nina exchanges.  Especially Finola Hughes' expression looking over her shoulder to see if Nina knew anything about Henrik.

Robert hugging Anna >>>>>>>> all Anna's scenes with Finn.

What was it with Sam wanting the drive with Drew's memories? Is she sadz because he wants nothing to do with Jason Morgan?  That was her doing.

Poor Maxie.

• Love 10
27 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

And there's the Griffin/Kiki hookup.  Fuckin' hypocrites.  Also, is this a good look for the show during Kiki's #metoo story, having a drunk Kiki sleep with her less-drunk-than-her supervisor?  I feel like this is going to get turned around on her and possibly Griffin in a really gross way and I'm preemptively disgusted.

Isn't that realistic though? A woman shouldn't have to be a saint to have the right to not be harrassed. 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, ulkis said:

Isn't that realistic though? A woman shouldn't have to be a saint to have the right to not be harrassed. 

I mean that the show is throwing this into the middle of the Bensch story.  Because I have to imagine he's going to find out about this, through methods, and blackmail them or something and the actual social message or intention of the story will be lost.

• Love 6
11 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

What was it with Sam wanting the drive with Drew's memories? Is she sadz because he wants nothing to do with Jason Morgan?  That was her doing.

That was weird, including the angry way KMo played it. The flash drive contains Drew's memories. If he doesn't want it, it ceases to be her business.

8 minutes ago, ulkis said:

A woman shouldn't have to be a saint, but in Kiki's case, I think it would make things more difficult because Bensch could twist things and now say that Kiki has a thing for her supervisors.

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I mean that the show is throwing this into the middle of the Bensch story.  Because I have to imagine he's going to find out about this, through methods, and blackmail them or something and the actual social message or intention of the story will be lost.

That's what I mean too. Why would it mean it would be lost because of that? Like I said I think it would reinforce it. Unless you mean you think it would be too much shenanigans, which I get that but I think this story needs it a bit.

17 minutes ago, Linny said:

The devil works hard, but Valentin Cassadine works harder. Every layer to his story made him look worse than before. Nice to have confirmation he has a history of withholding children from their rightful family and treating them like a commodity for his own use. Nina walking away was a good move, but she should be asking herself why she stayed through all the previous lies and murder and it's the Henrik story that broke her. 

Nina thought Valentin's one saving grace was how he loved his daughter and how he wouldn't hurt a child? She must have forgotten all the times he threatened to hurt or take Spencer.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

A woman shouldn't have to be a saint, but in Kiki's case, I think it would make things more difficult because Bensch could twist things and now say that Kiki has a thing for her supervisors.

That's what I was thinking though. 

• Love 1
(edited)

Because then the story becomes about THE SECRET, Griffin and Kiki sleeping together, and not about Kiki being subjected to this harassment and eventually standing up for herself. 

And I'm sure a big slice of it will be about GOOD MAN Griffin being wrongly accused or subjected to this rebuke or whatever, which I am so not interested in because, you know, he just hooked up with his girlfriend's daughter six seconds after they broke up.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 11
20 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

What exactly did Lulu expect from Dante?  He's never supported her Girl Reporter and now he has ammunition.

I think this is what she expected. Otherwise she probably would have told him.

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

That was weird, including the angry way KMo played it. The flash drive contains Drew's memories. If he doesn't want it, it ceases to be her business.

It felt like she was angry because he was rejecting her. When Drew said he wanted no trace of Jason, it sure felt like that included her.

• Love 4
28 minutes ago, Linny said:

Nina walking away was a good move, but she should be asking herself why she stayed through all the previous lies and murder and it's the Henrik story that broke her. 

Because the Henrik story directly involved her.  All the other Valentin nonsense (Nik's death, trying to kill Spencer, shooting Kevin) didn't touch Nina.  But this, her working with Peter, her telling Valentin that she had suspicions about Peter and him blowing her off.  Nathan's death.  That's why it finally hits her enough to have her walk away.  I'm hoping it's for good.  

• Love 8

Chad Duell is on Burton and Bradford's latest podcast and he doesn't want them to give Michael a baby. 

12 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Because then the story becomes about THE SECRET, Griffin and Kiki sleeping together, and not about Kiki being subjected to this harassment and eventually standing up for herself. 

I think they can do both.

41 minutes ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

He could say that without Lauren and Griffin having slept together, as those two have always been friendly. The sex gives Bensch extra ammunition, but it's not as if he can't defame Lauren without it. 

27 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Chad Duell is on Burton and Bradford's latest podcast and he doesn't want them to give Michael a baby. 

I agree Michael shouldn't have one at this point in his life—and there are too many babies on the show the way it is—but I'm curious what CD's reasons are. Did he elaborate?

Does Kiki know that her mother broke up with Griffin? (I fast forwarded through most of them.It's gross.)

38 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

It felt like she was angry because he was rejecting her. When Drew said he wanted no trace of Jason, it sure felt like that included her.

What did she expect? She told Drew she wanted time alone to think, ran into Jason and sent her kids home so she could play with him. Since she's been back, she's only been confiding in and working with Jason. Drew must be massively hurt, no wonder he wants to reject any part of Jason.

• Love 14
30 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

He  agree Michael shouldn't have one at this point in his life—and there are too many babies on the show the way it is—but I'm curious what CD's reasons are. Did he elaborate?

No I just read a recap.

17 minutes ago, ciarra said:

Do ex-priests use protection?

I don't know, but most of the priests I've known drink stuff harder than champagne.

Speaking of which, Valentin, you fucking melodramatic blowhard, way to waste some good whatever the fuck you were drinking.

It would be so so soapy, if they had let Dante go a bit harsher on Lulu and Lulu retaliated by writing the story about Dante lying about Sonny shooting him.

• Love 4
18 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

What is this "protection" of which you speak?

Birth control.  So that Kiki isn't at the side of the road in 9 months, rolling in cat crap, pushing a baby out.  Hospital?, Shmospital. ;)

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, ciarra said:
26 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

What is this "protection" of which you speak?

Birth control.  So that Kiki isn't at the side of the road in 9 months, rolling in cat crap, pushing a baby out.  Hospital?, Shmospital. ;)

I was joking. When was the last time anyone in Port Charles used birth control?

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

So is it time to dismiss Maxie and Baby Boy West from Baby Swap 2018?

There's been enough people who have seen the baby and cooed over his cuteness and his likeness to Nathan that I think a swap will be unlikely.  I still say it will be an out and out kidnapping .  Peter's at the hospital, he could escape and grab the baby as leverage.  Obrecht is bound to resurface and want Nathan's baby for herself.  Who knows what Valentin is capable of.  

• Love 1
(edited)
57 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

What did she expect? She told Drew she wanted time alone to think, ran into Jason and sent her kids home so she could play with him. Since she's been back, she's only been confiding in and working with Jason. Drew must be massively hurt, no wonder he wants to reject any part of Jason.

No, for sure. It almost feels like her wanting to find that hard drive is to redeem herself in his eyes. Drew certainly deserves better and I'm still not sure who in their right mind would choose Jason over him, but it's St. Jasus, so all bets are off.

Did the dress Kelly was wearing cost more than every other dress, because they sure as hell got a lot of mileage out of it. 

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 7
16 minutes ago, Perkie said:

There's been enough people who have seen the baby and cooed over his cuteness and his likeness to Nathan that I think a swap will be unlikely.  I still say it will be an out and out kidnapping.

I agree.  I'm a little sad, a triple swap playing on all the familial dynamics between Maxie, Michael, and Lucas (who?) could have been great.  Oh wells.

11 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Did the dress Kelly was wearing cost more than every other dress, because they sure as hell got a lot of mileage out of it. 

By the way, why were Sam and Jason allowed in the interrogation room with LWB/FS?  C'mon now, Chase.

• Love 3
43 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I was joking.

So was I. 

43 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

When was the last time anyone in Port Charles used birth control?

Well, I was more curious as to whether ex-priests would use it.  They have some sort of rule book. 

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, ciarra said:

Well, I was more curious as to whether ex-priests would use it.  They have some sort of rule book. 

He's already thrown the rule book out having sex without being married.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

The only time I remember was Jason and Robin in Montauk and that was mainly because of Robin's HIV. 

32 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Well, the pregnant women are all due to be done being pregnant. So I guess we need a new pregnant woman stat!

Ugh, I can totally see Lauren getting pregnant with Griffin's baby. It gives him a story, and Ava apparently hasn't been punished enough.

• Love 4
(edited)

If I remember correctly,  the Church only allows condoms with gay sex to avoid HIV/AIDS.

2 hours ago, ulkis said:

It would be so so soapy, if they had let Dante go a bit harsher on Lulu and Lulu retaliated by writing the story about Dante lying about Sonny shooting him.

It would kill Lulu's marriage but it would be great soap.

Spoiler

Also a way to write out Dante if DZ wants to leave. 

1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

Or anyone in Europe or wherever Anna got pregnant with Faison's baby.

Spoiler

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 1
10 minutes ago, LillyB said:

The only time I remember was Jason and Robin in Montauk and that was mainly because of Robin's HIV. 

No, they also showed Robin and Jason discussing protection when they got back together again (after SheBEAST was sent to a mental facility for shooting Tony); she pulled out the different things they could use so that they'd be safe. Oddly enough, I remember thinking how romantic that scene was, in spite of the explanation of the various forms of protection they would use. Then again, it didn't come off as a PSA, but of two people who loved each other, and wanted to be together, and when one had HIV.

Today:

Just STOP IT! with the fucking tears Anna is shedding for that arsehole Henrik. I was ??????? when the first words out of her mouth were: "is he okay" when Robert told Anna Henrik was being taken to GH. I'm sorry, but I can't suspend my disbelief that Anna luuuurves this child she gave up soooooo much, that she has become this sad pathetic sack. And again, way to keep your promise not to tell, Anna.

Robert taking Anna's hand, taking her in his arms and then just holding her, made up for most of t.

Though I like Chase; SHUT UP, Chase. Federal always takes precedence over local, and Robert!Fucking!Scorpio! didn't HAVE to tell you any fucking thing. If he was a jerkwad, he would have said, national security in response to your trite, idealistic, naive line about rights and procedure.

• Love 3

What fraud did LWB/FS commit? It's no crime to use another name as long as you aren't doing it for illegal purposes, and the work he did for Aurora was legit. Sam, you're the nimrod who didn't do her proper due diligence. 

I loved Nina's face while Valentin was telling her about how he met Peter.

I liked the Dante/Lulu scenes a lot. I don't think he was unfair or too hard on her by any stretch. She didn't do any independent research. She did buy—hook, line, and sinker—whatever LWB/FS told her, not to mention Anna and Jason, who had their own agendas. 

What were we supposed to think Lulu was writing? A story about Peter being Heinrich?

3 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Does Kiki know that her mother broke up with Griffin?

If he told her, it was offscreen.

It never fails to crack me up how Valentin gets all sobby when his lies blow up in his face. How many more times does he need for it to sink in that lying rarely works out in his favor?

• Love 7
(edited)

Poor Robin. Everyone in Port Charles knows about Anna's secret baby before she does. Have a feeling Robin will be be so upset she chooses to distance herself from Anna and PC. That would be the way I would write it to explain KMc exiting again. 

Edited by rags
  • Love 3
(edited)
3 minutes ago, rags said:

Poor Robin. Everyone in Port Charles knows about Anna's secret baby before her. Have a feeling Robin will be be so upset she chooses to distance herself from Anna and PC. That would be the way I would write it to explain KMc exiting again. 

No she won't. She will empathize with Anna and give her mother her support. No need to explain Robin exiting--she's going back to California to her job and husband. She only came for the Ball.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

When was the last time anyone in Port Charles used birth control?

Jason and Liz with defective condoms.  Lulu and Dillon with defective condoms.  

• Love 2

I know Robin will be supportive. I just hope the writers let Robin be a little distraught by the news. I know she is doing the directing thing, but I  do wish KMc would come back full time. The show needs her. 

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, Perkie said:

Jason and Liz with defective condoms.  Lulu and Dillon with defective condoms.  

I came here to say this.  SOS (Summer of Sleeze) was all about the defective condoms ELQ manufactured. 

• Love 3