Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

29 minutes ago, ulkis said:
36 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

So do we think Nelle is heading towards an exit? 

Yeah, I think so. I wonder if they'll pair Michael with Kiki again.

Or, depending on how the rumor pans out,

maybe he'll hook up with André's daughter.

28 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

I think sometimes MB has this angry tone that is unnecessary for scenes, but I think he looks emotional and overwhelmed, which fits in this scenario. 

Yeah, it's the anger that's off for me. There should be more bewilderment that this is OG Jason. But I agree he looks appropriately emotional and overwhelmed, so that part of it is working.

18 minutes ago, Blackie said:

Oh can't wait to see when Jason finds out that Liz is with Franco and around Jake on a daily basis. 

I'm looking forward to OG Jason looking at RoHo and saying, "Who are you? I've never seen you before in my life." Heh.

Edited by dubbel zout
spelling
8 minutes ago, Perkie said:

But, but, but, Kiki is still dating Dillon.  And being sexually harrassed by Dr. Bench.  And being all passive aggressive, I love you, I hate you towards Ava.  Her plate is full.   

It's either that or I think she might get Griffin, so you should root for Michael/Kiki! :)

Just now, dubbel zout said:

I'm looking forward to OG Jason looking at RoHo and saying, "Who are you? I've never seen you before in my life." Heh.

RH's Franco is supposed to look like JF's Franco though. (Yeeeah, lol).

8 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I think she might get Griffin, so you should root for Michael/Kiki! :

Michael and Kiki it is!!!

Also, why would you hurt me like that?!  If I don't get my Grava, than I want Griffin/Liz.  

Edited by Perkie
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, Perkie said:

Also, why would you hurt me like that?!  If I don't get my Grava, than I want Griffin/Liz.  

I don't want to! But they've been having some scenes, and it made me wonder if Griffin wasn't go to Kiki eventually and Ava and Burton would be paired up.

15 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Maybe they'll put Kiki with Brick. #eyeroll

Please. Brick has eyes for Carly only.

21 minutes ago, ulkis said:

RH's Franco is supposed to look like JF's Franco though. (Yeeeah, lol).

Oh, right! I forgot all about that. LOL. Still, I'd love it if SBu looked slightly nonplussed.

It makes no sense that Dante would want to bother going to the opening party of some media company without Lulu, Nathan, his mom, his dad, any of his siblings or anyone he really talks to over there. 

I was okay with Griffin and Ava today, probably because he didn't look like he was about to cry and she wasn't shrieking about something he had accidentally done.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Why does Ava have a hairstyle where the hair hangs over the good side of her face and it's pulled back to show her scar?

I wondered about that, too.

I watched today. The full ep for the first time in months.

SBu was kinda great today. I still hate everything about Jason, Sonny, and Jason/Sonny though.

Jason and Sam being media moguls is painfully horrible. Just so, so bad. The whole thing was embarrassing.

Griffin and Ava should be right up my alley but they do literally nothing for me. So weird.

• Love 3
28 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Please. Brick has eyes for Carly only.

Oh, right! I forgot all about that. LOL. Still, I'd love it if SBu looked slightly nonplussed.

It's one of those times I really wish they could curse. "You fucked Franco?" has such a ring to it.

20 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Jason and Sam being media moguls is painfully horrible. Just so, so bad. The whole thing was embarrassing.

Yeah. "Aurora media"? Eh.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 3
24 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Sonny

Sonny was supposed to be there, but he was unexpectedly reunited with his OTP. Still, it's weird Dante was there. He wouldn't really care about the deal.

24 minutes ago, ulkis said:

It's one of those times I really wish they could curse. "You fucked Franco?" has such a ring to it.

I hope someone tells him Carly was engaged to Franco.

Ava's hair is the way it is because of the side her part is on. For whatever reason, it's the style to put the "smaller" side behind the ear. I also think she's not as self-conscious about it anymore and doesn't feel she has to hide it as much.

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I hope someone tells him Carly was engaged to Franco.

oh ya I forgot about that one, but Carly will be all " waa waa see my life went to hell when you were gone"

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I also think she's not as self-conscious about it anymore and doesn't feel she has to hide it as much.

This.  Plus they spent eleven dollars on that scar/smudge thingy on her cheek and by goodness, people are going to see it.  

20 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Still, it's weird Dante was there. He wouldn't really care about the deal.

They needed a cop on site to stop the thugs.  And they forgot that Maxie and Sam are supposedly friends and it would make more sense for Naxie to be there than Lante.  

• Love 5
1 hour ago, ulkis said:

if Griffin wasn't go to Kiki eventually and Ava and Burton would be paired up.

Ugh, I hate SBu's version of Jason so pairing him with Ava when Maura finally has some slightly lighter material to work with is nauseating to me.  Also having Griffin turn to Kiki because Ava dumped hiim would just be all kinds of wrong.  Like, why would he do that to Ava?  Why would Kiki do that to Ava?  Why would the writers do that to me?!!

37 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Still, it's weird Dante was there. He wouldn't really care about the deal.

Meanwhile, and I'm sure this will shock all of you, Sam's brother and brother-in-law are nowhere to be seen.  That must be one marathon adoption meeting they're at. #alltheeyerolls

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 6

Hey, Billy Miller, did you get the number of that bus that ran you over today?

"Carly and I tried to warm to him, but something was off."

"Sam is trying, but I think she senses something is different/wrong."

I hate--HATE--the barely veiled implication that BM's Jason is 'off' because he didn't bow down to Sonny and the business. 

Meanwhile, can someone tell OGJason that Spinelli first ID'd him by ogling his ass?

• Love 21
41 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

"Carly and I tried to warm to him, but something was off."

"Sam is trying, but I think she senses something is different/wrong."

I hate--HATE--the barely veiled implication that BM's Jason is 'off' because he didn't bow down to Sonny and the business. 

Well they're not gonna write in the script that they knew Jason was off because he says "honey" way too much. Now that would be throwing the dude under the bus.

• Love 6
47 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Well they're not gonna write in the script that they knew Jason was off because he says "honey" way too much.

There's also the dancing to Taylor Swift, wearing of clown noses, Alexis bear hugs and the total lack of Franco murder....

And TBH, it's the last one that bothers me most

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I get why that would be annoying to some, but I actually think it's important. The fact is, Sonny and Carly and Michael and that whole horrific crew became Jason's family. He would never leave them, he would never stop being there for them, it's just a part of him. Sam understood that and *accepted it* even though they did do that "Carly, Sam comes first" bit. They also had Jason randomly leave the business like, twice, but he always went back. This is Jason Morgan. You love him or hate him. He's way past "growing" when these characterizations have been part of the character for 20 years. Sam fans hate it and want Jason to be all about her, which I understand and this is why there's a whole OGJaSam vs. NuJaSam war.

• Love 3

It was just heartbreaking to see those gunmen terrorizing people at the Aurora Media party. It ran counter to everything Aurora Media stands for. That company was started by people trying to make a difference, trying to do some good in the world. Made me feel like Miss Daisy in the scene when the temple gets bombed.   

Nelle, like Hayden Barnes/Rachel Berlin/Rebecca Budig, has been an incoherent mess of a character. I would even give Rebecca Budig an edge over her, because in all her rewriting, at least she was not (to the best of my recollection) having the same conversation every day she was on. New detail emerges, Michael gets suspicious or angry, Nelle 'splains and apologizes, Nelle didn't think it was such a big deal or was going to tell him when the time was right, oh no, will they break up for good this time? I do not think a salvage is possible here.  

Since I don't care that much about Drew, and have never thought Billy Miller worked in the role he was supposed to be playing at the time (nothing against him), his introduction to the bus was funny to me. Yes, definitely meta: nice guy, but it was just never the same, he just wasn't Jason, there was no connection.   

Sonny presuming to speak for Sam was so wrong but so Sonny. I mean, obviously, the sex wasn't as good for him, but maybe for her it is equally good in a different way.   

I don't care how many statements I read about how both Burton and Miller are on the show for the long haul; I will be shocked if Miller is still there a year from now, assuming GH itself is. I'm foreseeing an heroic death. Once all this identity business gets sorted out and everyone has had his or her reaction, Drew will go the way of the replacement Dukes of Hazzard.    

Furthermore, I will not be surprised if Sam quickly rediscovers that she's a ride-or-die chick, It's In Her Blood, and She Needs The Danger.  

I really cannot remember the last time Burton was this good and it lasted for weeks. Remember his 2002 (?) return, under Pruza, when he had the fugly Fabio-length hair and just stood there on the docks giving Billy Warlock absolutely nothing to play against? This has been so much better.  

I think three of the six scenes they showed in the "next time" montage were things we had just seen. Nice one, Preview Monkeys. 

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Love 4
10 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

This is Jason Morgan. You love him or hate him. He's way past "growing" when these characterizations have been part of the character for 20 years.

Eh. I think with decent writing and an actor who didn't have nuclear anti-chem with Sonny and Michael, there could have been a realistic story about Jason changing his mind/priorities because he "died" and lost years with the people he loved - including Sonny/Carly/Michael.

But, he wouldn't become BMJason - that's a writing and recast problem. I had the same issue with Lucky/Larry

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Oracle42 said:

Eh. I think with decent writing and an actor who didn't have nuclear anti-chem with Sonny and Michael, there could have a realistic story about Jason changing his mind/priorities because he died and lost years with the people he loved - including Sonny/Carly/Michael.

But, he wouldn't become BMJason - that's a writing and recast problem. I had the same issue with Lucky/Larry

That was even worse. Both times they recast Lucky, they completely didn't get it. The character did not have so many fans because he was a generic soap hunk.  Have the likes of Jacob Young and Greg Vaughn playing anyone else

Kind of similar to Dillon-with-an-I more recently. I actually did like RPW, and never cared that much about Dillon-with-an-I during his sway in the aughts, but I could well see fans of the Scott Clifton version thinking the stupid producers had missed everything that made the character popular. Like they had not even tried. I think they would screw up Spinelli too, if they ever permanently recast him.

Shows like GH just luck into these quirky types first time around, and then first chance they get for a do-over, they go about making the character another himbo.   

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Love 2

I think it's also hard to have a recast undergo a drastic character change because it feels like it's basically a response to the actor's strengths and weaknesses, or the writers' lack of familiarity with the character or the writers relationship with/view of the new recast actor - instead of feeling like organic character development

Edited by Oracle42
3 hours ago, Perkie said:

I hate [Jason Morgan].  But maybe I sit alone at that table.....

No at all. I despise him. I stopped watching the show years ago because of him mostly. I hate him more than I hate Sonny!

3 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

I think three of the six scenes they showed in the "next time" montage were things we had just seen. Nice one, Preview Monkeys. 

I noticed that, too. So weird.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

I think three of the six scenes they showed in the "next time" montage were things we had just seen.

I think they just wanted to show that those characters would be in the next episode without spoiling the "action" scenes.

• Love 1
42 minutes ago, ulkis said:
4 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

I think three of the six scenes they showed in the "next time" montage were things we had just seen.

I think they just wanted to show that those characters would be in the next episode without spoiling the "action" scenes.

I think so, too, though it made me laugh. We just saw the guns drawn at the party. Hee.

I'm of two minds with the BM-as-real-Jason debate. If they hadn't gotten SBu back, he would have been real Jason, and we'd be seeing him step away from Sonny and the business because Jason wants a family life. I don't think that's totally OOC for real Jason, especially at this point in his life. On the other hand, his loyalty to Sonny has always been absolute, so deciding that his family will always comes second to that isn't OOC either. It's a shitty thing to do to his family, but Sam was always supposed to be okay with it. Her evolution hasn't been dealt with enough, IMO. (But: wimmins, so much less important.)

There's an inherent dishonesty in stories where the original actor returns that I really hate. It happened in the Two Todds story. I was supposed to believe TSJ was Todd until I'm told not to because RoHo came back. Same here: BM was Jason until SBu returns and now BM is Drew. But if the original actor had never returned, the characters would be the real ones. 

• Love 9
3 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

Eh. I think with decent writing and an actor who didn't have nuclear anti-chem with Sonny and Michael, there could have a realistic story about Jason changing his mind/priorities because he died and lost years with the people he loved - including Sonny/Carly/Michael.

1 hour ago, Oracle42 said:

I think it's also hard to have a recast undergo a drastic character change because it feels like it's basically a response to the actor's strengths and weaknesses, or the writers' lack of familiarity with the character or the writers relationship with/view of the new recast actor - most of the time it doesn't feel like an organic character development

Your second post is kind of my response to your first. Jason "changing" was never organic; it was because Billy Miller could not properly portray Jason Morgan.

25 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

It's a shitty thing to do to his family, but Sam was always supposed to be okay with it. Her evolution hasn't been dealt with enough, IMO. (But: wimmins, so much less important.)

And the Sam thing is probably my largest problem. If Sam "changed" why wasn't she ever angry at BM's Jason? She told him it was in character of him to help Sonny/Bernie that night he was shot and that's why she loves him, lol. She also told him, as she had for 10+ years, that she supports whatever he wants to do. That's what she always did. Sam rarely made choices, she just went along with Jason, something she STILL does with BM's Jason. Then the show gives her this cat shit thing that makes her shoot Sonny, blah, blah, which I believe was started because they knew SBu was coming back. This sudden contrast in NuJaSam, acknowledging a different Jason, is because of that return. They spent TWO YEARS having every character say he's still "the same" even though the audience was like....errr...Jason doesn't fistbump or kiss Alexis or whatever. The writers wanted Billy Miller to play Billy Miller while claiming he's "still exactly like Jason."

• Love 4
41 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I think so, too, though it made me laugh. We just saw the guns drawn at the party. Hee.

I'm of two minds with the BM-as-real-Jason debate. If they hadn't gotten SBu back, he would have been real Jason, and we'd be seeing him step away from Sonny and the business because Jason wants a family life. 

I don't know about that. We didn't see these definitive steps till it was announced SB was back. And I doubt they would have chosen media mogul if BM were the only Jason. But who knows.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I don't know about that. We didn't see these definitive steps till it was announced SB was back. And I doubt they would have chosen media mogul if BM were the only Jason. But who knows.

This. There's a reason "moving to Aurora" was always just talk. BM's Jason had a gun in his hands for Sonny and got SHOT legit two seconds ago, as well.

We saw BM's Jason as reluctant to get violent from the start, though, especially after Helena's brainwashing was cracked or the chip was removed or whatever. I feel like the writers wanted a kinder, gentler Jason and cast BM accordingly. But now that SBu has returned as OG Jason, BM's Jason is suddenly suspect and screaming red flags that he's not real!Jason.

Again, it's why I really hate stories like this that aren't deliberately planned as switcheroos/fakes from the get-go. I also think it's unfair to the other characters who interact with the not-real character. Sam looks like a moron for not knowing Drew isn't Jason. It's easier for Sonny and Carly to say "we always knew something was off!," but considering how hard the BFF angle has always been played for Sonny/Carly/Jason, they look pretty dim too. And then there's Spinelli's butt ID. #neverforget

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I feel like the writers wanted a kinder, gentler Jason and cast BM 

I think Frank wanted a big name and that's why BM was cast. And BM's Jason was still involved with violence. All him and Sam would do was "investigate" and get into dangerous situations up until...it hasn't stopped, lol. They're at a party getting shot at this week. 

3 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I also think it's unfair to the other characters who interact with the not-real character.

I totally get that. It's the other characters who always pay for retcons. See: Robin with Jake and now Jason.

• Love 2

I think what I enjoyed most about the Sonny/Jason brag/whine/tantrumfest is not so much that the show is acknowledging these two pathetic man babies are who they are and won't be changing anytime soon, but rather that the show is STILL attempting to suggest that the Morgan/Corinthii quad is the most healthy, noble, true display of family and friendship that anyone has ever seen before.  STILL.  They genuinely believe that S, C, Sam and Jason are the best of the best. The writing is never "look at how genuinely awful and dysfunctional these 40 something and 50 something people are, individually and collectively".

Because really, what grown assed man proudly declares that his reason for being is changing the sheets every time Sonny and/or Carly decide to shit the bed? I'm guessing SBu was thinking of the dollar signs these show running fools had thrown at him while saying those lines. No wonder he's been so animated.

And the show certainly didn't surprise with the casual dismissal of all the horrific shit Robin, and by extension her child, went through from the moment she sacrificed herself for Jason's useless ass. Good to know Jason wrapped up his reaction with a "she deserves to be happy" and not a fucking BLOOD OATH to serve HER for the rest of his days for all that SHE endured to save his worthless ass. Never change Jason.

• Love 6
18 minutes ago, Vella said:

They genuinely believe that S, C, Sam and Jason are the best of the best.

Which will never not be disturbing. That Sonny/Jason are the kinds of men you'd want in your life or Sam/Carly the women you'd want. 

20 minutes ago, Vella said:

And the show certainly didn't surprise with the casual dismissal of all the horrific shit Robin, and by extension her child, went through from the moment she sacrificed herself for Jason's useless ass. Good to know Jason wrapped up his reaction with a "she deserves to be happy" and not a fucking BLOOD OATH to serve HER for the rest of his days for all that SHE endured to save his worthless ass. Never change Jason.

It didn't shock me that the show didn't go into all that Robin went through for (who she believed to be) Jason because they....never did to begin with...and she's not on-screen right now, anyway. As always with GH, I appreciate the scraps because the alternative would have literally been them not acknowledging it at all.

And Jason saying she "deserves to be happy" is very, very much in line with what Jason has always felt about Robin from the get-go. He's said that for literally 20 years. And not just said in the  generic "deserves to be happy" way that Ron wrote with regards to Sam in 2014/2015. It was probably one of the most genuine feelings displayed on GH. Because there were no strings attached to it. Even when JnR split and it was ugly, he told Mac, Emily, etc, that he wants her happiness. The contrast between that and Jason now acknowledging that Sam is happy is funny because he just sounds irritated by Sam's happiness. It's not "Oh, she's lost so much, I'm happy she found someone in my absence, even if it's not me." It's like, "RME she's so happy." Haha.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

There's an inherent dishonesty in stories where the original actor returns that I really hate. It happened in the Two Todds story. I was supposed to believe TSJ was Todd until I'm told not to because RoHo came back.

I think in that particular respect the two Todd story worked much better. Because TSJ was Todd for years. It absolutely made sense for his family and loved ones to believe that he was Todd because he acted like Todd - All. The. Time for yeeeears.  But DH and RC's writing for the character was so fuckin egregious that it absolutely made sense for his family and loved ones to question TSJ!Todd's identity when RoHo!Todd showed up. 

I don't think that was the plan, but by the time it happened, I think a legit argument could be made that time, stress (and some particularly shitty writing choices by DH and RC) had broken TSJ!Todd's conditioning and RoHo was Real!Todd. The other benefit there was that it meant Real!Todd had actually spent time locked up (off-screen) for his many and varied crimes.

Contrast that with BM - who has never had a year, a story or even an entire episode that believably cemented his identity as "Jason". It's like he started out where TSJ ended up

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 7
6 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

It didn't shock me that the show didn't go into all that Robin went through for (who she believed to be) Jason because they....never did to begin with...and she's not on-screen right now, anyway.

Also, they have a lot of plot to cover. It almost has to come out in bits and pieces.

• Love 3
22 minutes ago, Vella said:

Because really, what grown assed man proudly declares that his reason for being is changing the sheets every time Sonny and/or Carly decide to shit the bed? I'm guessing SBu was thinking of the dollar signs these show running fools had thrown at him while saying those lines. No wonder he's been so animated.

SO MUCH this (although knowing Sonny, he probably skipped some important details about the horrors Robin has survived, because he never bothered to be interested/remember since it's not his own pain he can whine about). What Jason *should* have said is Robin deserves to be happy, especially after I sacrificed our happiness at the altar of a thug, a thug's on-again, off-again wife, and my nephew who was a mess because of the choices made by the three of us.

This might sound mean, but I hope Jason hears that Danny had cancer but Sam got through it with family and Dr. Clay's support, and I hope he overhears Sam telling someone she's happier than she's ever been with Jason and their two beautiful kids - that while there may be small moments when she misses how Jason used to be, she loves how his family is his priority now whereas Jason always used to put the business/Sonny's needs first. 

Jason *should* hurt over Jakeson/Drew making Sam happy and being a loving father to Jake and Danny, are consequences of his  own choice. He should understand that his *own choice* to go to the pier for business and walk away from Danny and Sam on the night they brought Danny home, is why another man has his life now.  I don't feel sorry for him when his eyes turn red over seeing Sam with Jakeson/Drew, or when  he's sad/hurt/upset at hearing Jake say, "Dad."  He will get a taste of how Sam felt when Jake was a baby, upon seeing Sam and Jakeson/Drew with baby Scout. 

• Love 10
7 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Also, they have a lot of plot to cover. It almost has to come out in bits and pieces.

This, too, for sure. I also see a Robin return when Sam doesn't jump into SBu Jason's arms and he needs an ego boost. So they can chat then.

Another thing I hate about this story is that the show will inevitably pat itself on the back for being so clever in not writing BM's Jason as the real one. Except he was real until they got SBu back. UGH. I have to stop thinking about it. It's rage-blackout levels of hate. This fakakta show has it both ways, again.

• Love 12
11 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

I get why that would be annoying to some, but I actually think it's important. The fact is, Sonny and Carly and Michael and that whole horrific crew became Jason's family. He would never leave them, he would never stop being there for them, it's just a part of him. Sam understood that and *accepted it* even though they did do that "Carly, Sam comes first" bit.  

Exactly.  Jason Morgan has ALWAYS been about loving and protecting his family, and that family became Michael, Sonny, Sam, and Carly.   He would never walk away from them.

Sam fans hate it and want Jason to be all about her, which I understand and this is why there's a whole OGJaSam vs. NuJaSam war. 

I know, right??!!  God, if Jason doesn't worship Sam every minute of every second, he's either not worthy of her or he doesn't put her first.  Please.  Jason gets to be his own character too.

On 10/26/2017 at 0:45 AM, TVbitch said:

I think SBu has thinned down quite a bit since he was last Jason, which might be making his face look less full and show his age more, but I would not kick him outta bed. 

There's a picture of Sbu that went around of him shirtless with washboard abs - VERY fit and toned.  So yeah, I noticed he was thinner too, but he's in great shape.  I think the looks fantastic.  

22 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

I looove that the show is including these recap scenes, allowing Jason and the audience to catch up with all these retcons. The shock for Jason in the Jake reveal was really well done, as was Sonny repeatedly saying they both needed a drink. This is what was missing with BM. It just was.

Jason literally froze and started stuttering when Sonny mentioned Robin and had to say "Robin Scorpio???" --her complete name-- to make sure this was real-life. LOLOL. Ahh, I loved it so much. And his FACE when Sonny was telling him about her life now.  I can't wait for KMc to come back.

SBu has been doing great in his scenes, and I love the little beats that you mentioned. Some people around the boards were complaining that Sonny didn't tell him about Danny or Liz living with Franco or a dozen other things, but I want other characters to be the ones to reveal truths to him.  If Sonny tells Jason everything, it takes the punch out of those secrets because the would all be out in one big episode.  I like that there are still things Jason needs to find out about.

21 hours ago, LillyB said:

I expect Nelle to turn up preggo any minute.

I am hoping that Nelle is about to turn batshit crazy.  Michael needs a good stalker/crazy ex-girlfriend storyline.

19 hours ago, Perkie said:

God no!!  Please no.

18 hours ago, Perkie said:

Ugh, I hate SBu's version of Jason 

There is only one version of Jason and that's SBu.  BM has been playing Drew.  He has never clicked for me as Jason Morgan, and I'm guessing TPTB agreed because why else ask SBu back?

15 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I didn't see any bus.  Sonny has always felt a bit disconnected from BM's Jason, even before the news of SBu's return.  He's said many times that BM's Jason is different, and he clearly missed HIS Jason.  So naturally, he'd be thrilled that THE Jason Morgan has returned.  I sure am.

1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

We saw BM's Jason as reluctant to get violent from the start, though, especially after Helena's brainwashing was cracked or the chip was removed or whatever. I feel like the writers wanted a kinder, gentler Jason and cast BM accordingly. But now that SBu has returned as OG Jason, BM's Jason is suddenly suspect and screaming red flags that he's not real!Jason.

I think there was plenty of evidence that BM's Jason could always be written as NOT being Jason Morgan.  For starters, Sam Morgan never felt a connection to him.  Never.  The onlly reason her feelings towards Jake Doe changed was when she was told that he was Jason, and she needed the scientific proof.  Right there, I said to omyself "Well they just left the door wide open for SBu to return."  It would be one thing if Sam had all these "moments" before the truth about BM's Jake came out, but she didn't.  Even when they were both at the Chinese Restaurant - ZERO connection.  Throw in how differently BM has played Jason with his references to pop culture, his impersonations, his silly/jokey side, his out of the blue kissing of Alexis when saying goodbye.  So I don't think there are sudden red flags.  They were always there, but no one ever really questioned them because they had a DNA match.  

• Love 3

I'm a little confused. Sonny told Jason that "Robin confirmed she helped you escape from the clinic."  So does that mean she she helped SBu Jason escape from the clinic and then he got re-captured and stayed drugged these past few years - that nuJason/Jakeson/Drew was another Helena captive elsewhere who got hit by a car and had facial reconstruction surgery? Are there two different clinics? Did I miss SBu Jason saying that he saw Robin while he was a captive?

7 minutes ago, Bishop said:

"Well they just left the door wide open for SBu to return."

I would be very surprised if there wasn't always something on hold if SBu returned. If they had really wanted to kill Jason (as much as anyone on a soap can be killed, that is), they'd have written Jason as dead dead.

9 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I'm a little confused. Sonny told Jason that "Robin confirmed she helped you escape from the clinic."  So does that mean she she helped SBu Jason escape from the clinic and then he got re-captured and stayed drugged these past few years - that nuJason/Jakeson/Drew was another Helena captive elsewhere who got hit by a car and had facial reconstruction surgery? Are there two different clinics? Did I miss SBu Jason saying that he saw Robin while he was a captive?

No, they're saying that Robin was at the clinic and helped BM Jason/Drew. SBu Jason was never there. He believed Robin has been dead since 2012.

Edited by HeatLifer
6 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

No, they're saying that Robin was at the clinic and helped BM Jason/Drew. SBu Jason was never there. He believed Robin has been dead since 2012.

Okay GH is retconing, thanks, good to know. KMc clearly played those scenes (before BM was cast, so only Robin was seeing his face) as helping Jason - who's face she saw - escape from the clinic. He was in chains when she first set eyes on him. The guy had not been through facial reconstruction surgery, because the car-ran-him-over  plot point was after that.

I thought SBu Jason just escaped from being drugged in a clinic.

I will give SBu credit for playing the appropriate reaction to wrapping his mind around the realities of both his son and Robin turning up alive. I also liked that he said the boy was "too old to be Aiden."  The kid gets an acknowledgement by someone from Liz's past/(present)!! Wow.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Okay GH is retconing, thanks, good to know. KMc clearly played those scenes (before BM was cast, so only Robin was seeing his face) as helping Jason - who's face she saw - escape from the clinic. He was in chains when she first set eyes on him. The guy had not been through facial reconstruction surgery, because the car-ran-him-over  plot point was after that.

I thought SBu Jason just escaped from being drugged in a clinic.

I will give SBu credit for playing the appropriate reaction to wrapping his mind around the realities of both his son and Robin turning up alive. I also liked that he said the boy was "too old to be Aiden."  The kid gets an acknowledgement by someone from Liz's past/(present)!! Wow.

Yes, it's a retcon. But in this retcon, Jason and Drew are twins. So Robin thought it was Jason because Drew looked like Jason.

• Love 1

And there it is .... everything that I dislike about this show is back.  Sonny makes the guy release Carly through sheer force of will (haha like anyone would listen to him in real life), BMJason drives Liz to the hospital instead of calling an ambulance who could treat her on the way so that he is conveniently away when the real Jason appears, and SBu jumps through the skylight gun in hand instead of waiting till the guy got Sam out of the building and jumped him then, so that he can be all dramatic "You have one chance to live, now let her go."

SBJason complaining that the Quartermaines wanted to control him but Sonny saved him; Sonny lying to Monica, Jason's mother, about Jason.

Well it was nice while it lasted.

Also why was Finn called to the hospital when Liz was shot?  He's not an ER doctor, who should already have been there, he's an infectious disease guy.

At least Dante was  competent.

• Love 11