Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

57 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Why wouldn't she wait till they were married and she could inherit his money?

Felicia said the fiance changed his will and named Nelle beneficiary before the wedding.  So she inherits even before marriage.  

Ok, raise your hands, those of you who had end of August in the "when will Joss forgive Sonny" sweepstakes.  

• Love 6
25 minutes ago, Perkie said:

Felicia said the fiance changed his will and named Nelle beneficiary before the wedding.  So she inherits even before marriage. 

...so why is she A Poor?  Where's all that money?

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

.so why is she A Poor?  Where's all that money?

Felicia also said the family, believing Nelle to be guilty, has kept the will in probate for years.  

• Love 3

So instead of focusing on getting that money, she swung her focus to a half-cocked revenge plan on Carly?  Oh girl.

This retcon is just so stupid.  And probably pointless - you know it will turn out it was really an accident, or he was an abusive dick and she was defending herself, or he actually faked his death, or something.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

Other shows manage to get wounded people to the ambulance right away

Well, in their defence (what am I saying?!), the paramedics did say that they needed to stabilize him before transporting him.  

1 hour ago, Chairperson Meow said:

Hold up.  Her disguise name is literally her real name minus the 1st two letters?   Wow.   When you think they can't be lazier.

Actually, I thought it was a decent explanation, all things considered.  The first thing people would say is why didn't this information come up last time Felicia looked but she herself said she didn't look under any other possible name or alias .  

1 hour ago, Linny said:

Nathan revealed he's Man Landers and Maxie's fine with it. Cool, glad we wasted the past few months on this secret that has changed absolutely nothing, then. And it seems as if Amy's cool with Maxie now, so that's another source for drama flushed down the drain.

Right?  It was literally not a story but a plot point to give Nathan something to do while Maxie/KSt was away.  

• Love 5
9 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

Well, again -- move out, Ned and Olivia.

That's what's so incredibly stupid about this. Ned and Olivia can't have it both ways: They either stay at the Q mansion and live by Monica's rules, or they move out and eat pizza to their hearts' content.

6 hours ago, Linny said:

And it seems as if Amy's cool with Maxie now, so that's another source for drama flushed down the drain.

That I'm okay with, because it was entirely retconned that Maxie was a Mean Girl in high school. She was anything but. There's no way Amy wouldn't know about the sex tape. And she really has no standing to get on her high horse with Maxie when she's been emotionally blackmailing Nathan to be stupid Ask Man Landers and wanting him to lie about it to Maxie. Maxie jumped to conclusions, but they weren't entirely out there. 

I had to laugh at the replay of Jason getting shot: We hear Sam yell "Jason" way before we ever see her in the doorway. I enjoyed the EMT telling Sonny to shove it (I paraphrase) when Sonny demanded that they get moving to GH.

The Nelle "reveal" is TFGH: dumb, boring, and laughable.

LOL that Nelle is wearing "a small fortune in sapphires" and there's absolutely no security around. Of course it goes missing.

5 hours ago, Perkie said:

Ok, raise your hands, those of you who had end of August in the "when will Joss forgive Sonny" sweepstakes.  

She had, what, three months of being angry at him? I think that's as long as Michael was mad at Sonny for murdering AJ.

4 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

So instead of focusing on getting that money, she swung her focus to a half-cocked revenge plan on Carly?  Oh girl.

This retcon is just so stupid.  And probably pointless - you know it will turn out it was really an accident, or he was an abusive dick and she was defending himself, or he actually faked his death, or something.

There will definitely be mitigating circumstances, which makes this whole thing pointless. This show has no guts.

Edited by dubbel zout
typo
  • Love 5
24 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

LOL that Nelle is wearing "a small fortune in sapphires" and there's absolutely no security around. Of course it goes missing.

It was sooo obvious that that "small fortune" was cheap costume jewelry.  Real sapphire necklaces don't have shiny aluminum backing.Anyway, how stupid would Nelle have to be to steal a necklace when she has Michael and his money?

I thought Nelle looked the best she's ever looked when she was fake-modelling.  Where is "The Face of Crimson" when you need it?

• Love 4
29 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

And will lead to hypocrisy.  I can hear Carly screaming about how disgusting it is for Michael to love a murderer now.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

or he actually faked his death

Uh oh.  You just put that out there.  How soon before we hear of a casting call for a twenty something, rich looking pretty boy?  About five minutes after Michael has forgiven her for being a murderer (that is his thing after all) and has proposed marriage.  

• Love 12
55 minutes ago, Perkie said:

Uh oh.  You just put that out there.  How soon before we hear of a casting call for a twenty something, rich looking pretty boy?  About five minutes after Michael has forgiven her for being a murderer (that is his thing after all) and has proposed marriage.  

And he'll be played by...I dunno...Crybaby James Ford.

Because why keep Dillon when we can see Nelle's ex! #alltheeyerolls

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 6

It's beyond lazy to use the true life kayak murder accusation.  Plus, I watched a demonstration and it showed the kayak plug being absent did not lead to the kayak sinking. 

At this point, shouldn't Sam's reaction to Jason being shot be a little more:  Fuuuuuuck.  Seriously?  Again?  Can't you wear a Kevlar vest you fool?

• Love 13

It might actually be a shorter list to name the people who haven't loved a murderer. Romantic love or Mob love. Lucas. Brad. Felix. Ned? Valerie. Griffin.

Yes. A short list right now.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

There will definitely be mitigating circumstances, which makes this whole thing pointless. This show has no guts.

This sounds like a recycle of "Sam's con-artist background involved marrying rich men," with the climax of the WTF storyline being that Sam's show producer held a grudge against Sam because her stepdad had married young Sam, and Sam shot and killed the guy in self-defense (when they were fighting, or maybe it was he abused her, can't remember). 

• Love 6
On 8/29/2017 at 3:54 PM, rur said:

After seeing Jason getting shot today, I found myself wishing they'd just do a Doctor Who-type regeneration. Billy's hands could start to glow, then there'd be flames, and suddenly Steve Burton would be totally recovered from the bullet wound. It'd be a lot easier for me to accept than whatever will be going on next month.

Ha! I thought the exact same thing!  I mean, Obrecht DID make that Doctor Who reference during the whole "Tom Baker" storyline...

• Love 6
1 hour ago, RedheadZombie said:

At this point, shouldn't Sam's reaction to Jason being shot be a little more:  Fuuuuuuck.  Seriously?  Again?  Can't you wear a Kevlar vest you fool?

Sam only now realizes exactly how much they have to lose. *rme*

• Love 6

Those warehouse scenes were painful to watch.  As per usual, we got:

- Sam snotting all over Jason not to leave her *again.* (here's a thought: maybe don't follow and distract him in his back swing)

- Sonny acting all friggin' self-righteous and indignant when Dante dared to ask him what the hell happened.

- Max, because I don't believe he has a brain in his head.

Also, all Sonny needs is a top hat and monacle and his impersonation of Mr. Peanut would be complete.

• Love 8

This story about a woman pulling the plug out of the kayak to swamp the boat and kill her fiance was an actual crime story featured on either Dateline or 48 Hours, I forget which, but it's "ripped from the headlines" people. I forget if she ended up being found guilty, and I'm too Goddamn lazy to google it. 

Hilarious in the warehouse how every single paramedic rushed to Jason and did not even bother to go over to the GUY WHO WAS NOT JASON at all. A cop finally strolled over and casually checked for his pulse like 15 minutes after they'd been working on Jason. 

Edited by TVbitch
  • Love 3

Jebus. The Nell retcon. (Insert Courtney EyeRoll) For the love of Pete. Do they even try? Or are they just finding old Mad Libs? Monkeys throwing darts or poo at words? 

Later cool Joss. It was lovely to have you for the summer. Wish it was longer! Really, Carly, you should be cool with Sonny cause he got the feds to stop Sonny's revenge tactic?  That is some top level rationalizing!

The warehouse stuff was cringe worthy. 1st, no kevlar boys? 2nd, why waste time to throw Sonny a gun, Max? It is a shooting. Police would have to arrive 1st on scene to contain the crime scene, before the paramedics would be allowed in. And sure, it just so happens that the shooter's police detective son is the 1st investigator on the scene? I'm sure that Sonny, Max, and dead guy will be carefully examined for GsR, right? Why bother with this crap? Besides that Sonny has to win.  And I'm sure that SB will somehow be involved. 

Poor Monica. Olivia is trying to run Monica's home, has to babysit a toddler and a newborn, now her son has been shot. Thanks to Sonny,  yet again.

• Love 5
9 hours ago, Linny said:

I'd like to propose a moratorium not just on Sam crying, but on Sam speaking in general. "Please, Jason, please, come back to me, Jason, please."

Really. That line and the reading were so bad. Keira Knightley in Atonement she is not.  

8 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

This retcon is just so stupid.  And probably pointless - you know it will turn out it was really an accident, or he was an abusive dick and she was defending herself, or he actually faked his death, or something.

It is the same mistake they have made with other new characters, notably Rebecca Budig right up to a few weeks before she left town, as well as the Jordan/TJ/Curtis/Shawn/Auntie crew. New characters should be made interesting based on what they do now, when we can know them and watch them in relation to our established characters, rather than via lurid instant back stories. If you want to bring on a relative or an old lover once someone is well established, that's fair game, but it is not good soap opera to have characters who have been on the show for a year constantly preoccupied with things we couldn't have seen and never will.  This is why Ava Jerome has been (IMO) a more successful new character than most of the others. 

I thank people here for mentioning a real-life kayak crime story, because I was not familiar with that item. All I was thinking of was an anemic retread of A Place in the Sun (or An American Tragedy, to go back to the source), with a gender switch.   

8 hours ago, Perkie said:

The first thing people would say is why didn't this information come up last time Felicia looked but she herself said she didn't look under any other possible name or alias .  

Either way, the explanation would be that Felicia sucks. At pretty much everything. She's going by "Nelle" now rather than "Janelle," and that was enough to thwart Felicia in the first round. What a crack P.I.    

Today was actually not all that bad, but between the Staff's carnal whispering and purring, Kristina Wagner's sing-songy mannerisms, KMo in weepy mode, and Josslyn's vocal fry, it sure was front-loaded with the show's most annoying voices.  

If I were a Sam fan -- I'm not -- I'd be worried. I'm getting more than a twinge that someone either hates the character or the actress now. This shit goes beyond unflattering to undermining, and there's been a lot of it close together. I'm seeing a lot of hate building for her in less clued-in quarters than Previously TV, i.e., sites I use for a barometer of how things are playing with the masses. And there's always been some Sam hate, but this doesn't seem to be the usual fan-base stuff.  

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

Today was actually not all that bad, but between the Staff's carnal whispering and purring, Kristina Wagner's sing-songy mannerisms, KMo in weepy mode, and Josslyn's vocal fry, it sure was front-loaded with the show's most annoying voices.  

You hit it out of the park with this insight, Asp Burger. Add Valentin's growly panting and the painful recent memory of Amy 2.0's Betty Boop imitation to the audio misery.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

KeMo is fine; she's the second female lead. Sam always spends way too much time sobbing. They haven't the faintest idea what to do with her otherwise.

I think they could think up some stuff to do for her, except they are reluctant to so because they think the Sam fans will walk away if they do anything with her.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 1

I don't understand that. Don't you (general "you") want to see your favorite characters doing something? I'm not a huge Sam fan, but she's more watchable, at least, when she's doing something other than crying over whatever the current reason is. At least she's doing something active instead of just reacting to the latest woe.

• Love 9
23 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I don't understand that. Don't you (general "you") want to see your favorite characters doing something? I'm not a huge Sam fan, but she's more watchable, at least, when she's doing something other than crying over whatever the current reason is. At least she's doing something active instead of just reacting to the latest woe.

Well, by "do anything with her" I meant mess things up with her and Jason.

But I can see how people are reluctant to have the writers do anything with your character when it's these writers.

• Love 3
21 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Ah, okay. I totally see why Sam fans would be upset, but they're watching a soap. Relationships are basically the whole point. (Though there's the usual caveat with these writers.)

Buckle the fuck up, Sam fans! There's a storm a-brewin'!

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Ah, okay. I totally see why Sam fans would be upset, but they're watching a soap. Relationships are basically the whole point. (Though there's the usual caveat with these writers.)

Well, of course I'm over-generalizing. But I think that is what the writers are thinking.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, ulkis said:

But I can see how people are reluctant to have the writers do anything with your character when it's these writers.

Jebus. I can't wait to see the civil war over Sam staying with BM's Jason or if they want her with SB's character. Because Sam is so special. 

• Love 4
On ‎8‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 3:54 PM, rur said:

After seeing Jason getting shot today, I found myself wishing they'd just do a Doctor Who-type regeneration. Billy's hands could start to glow, then there'd be flames, and suddenly Steve Burton would be totally recovered from the bullet wound. It'd be a lot easier for me to accept than whatever will be going on next month.

Even better.... Jason's next regeneration is played by Billy Warlock.

• Love 4

SBu won by just being back on the show.

I hate these doubles story lines when a previous actor wants to come back on the show.  You left it now someone else has your job.  If you want it back, wait till he's gone.  Suck it up, buttercup.

Speaking of the writing does anyone here think that the Nelle backstory is going to be anywhere near interesting?  I'm already bored with it because I know the only point is to cause conflict between Carly and Michael.  I'm sure that in the end it's going to fizz out just as the Ass Man Landers seem to be.  I think a big problem with this show is that the stories are written to get to certain character conflicts/interactions (e.g. Sonny And Jason Don't Tell Carly About Sam) rather than trying to write a good story.  Make the stories better and the good interactions will follow.

12 hours ago, ciarra said:

Because Max is not the "hero", he's second banana, or fifth banana in this case.

And the bodyguard to the head of the gummy bear mob.  No wonder they're so incompetent.

• Love 4
21 hours ago, Perkie said:
22 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Why wouldn't she wait till they were married and she could inherit his money?

NutmegsMom has an interesting theory: to end the relationship with their son permanently, the parents wanted Nelle to die in the water without a life jacket as an "accident", but she got into the wrong kayak, so they inadvertently killed their son. Plan B was to frame Nelle for murder.

(We did not know this was actually "ripped from the headlines" stuff).

Added bonus from me: this will tie into Hayden/Rachel's "little girl crippled in a DUI" storyline.

Edited by NutmegsDad
Added the bonus
  • Love 6
21 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

...so why is she A Poor?  Where's all that money?

Maybe it's my meds, but this made me laugh.

20 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

And will lead to hypocrisy.  I can hear Carly screaming about how disgusting it is for Michael to love a murderer now.

To which someone (Micheal,  but let's be real here) should remind Carly that the ahem man she is in love with IS a murderer and that the last murder he committed turned her on..... and she actually cheated with that murderer on the serial killer she was going to marry.  The character that does that will be my fav.   Idgaf if it's Sabrina's ghost or freaking Kristina bobble head.    My standards are as low as Sam's now.

• Love 2

Of course it's outrageous when circumstantial evidence points to Sonny's guilt, but when it's someone else? That person gets no benefit of the doubt.

Is the Morocco trip a work deal or is it a Love Boat episode? With all these boyfriends hanging around, I can't tell.

1 minute ago, NutmegsDad said:

NutmegsMom has an interesting theory: to end the relationship with their son permanently, the parents wanted Nelle to die in the water without a life jacket as an "accident", but she got into the wrong kayak, so they inadvertently killed their son. Plan B was to frame Nelle for murder.

That is much more interesting than making Nelle a murderer.

It was so gross watching Jason's harem and Monica wait around for him at GH. And Sam's self-flagellation was unbearable. It's not as if this is the first time she's decided she needs to be where the action is. MB's expressions felt wrong enough I wondered if he knew the camera was on him for reactions. Sonny did not look worried for his best friend.

• Love 3
23 hours ago, Linny said:

Nelle, Janelle, Cottonelle--doesn't matter what they call her or how many times they recreate her backstory, she's still too basic for words. She was so amateurish last year when she manipulated Sonny and Carly (remember how she sent herself flowers and planted her bra in Sonny's bedroom?) that there's no way I believe she's savvy enough to snag a rich fiancé and orchestrate his death. Nope, try harder.

Nathan revealed he's Man Landers and Maxie's fine with it. Cool, glad we wasted the past few months on this secret that has changed absolutely nothing, then. And it seems as if Amy's cool with Maxie now, so that's another source for drama flushed down the drain.

I'm dying over the fact that Sonny miraculously had an emergency medical kit tucked away in the warehouse. Safety first! I'd like to propose a moratorium not just on Sam crying, but on Sam speaking in general. "Please, Jason, please, come back to me, Jason, please." The man was just SHOT, quit pleading for something that will make you feel better and focus on making him feel better. Ineffectual blather is not helpful in a crisis situation.

I really want to quote the last paragraph, sorry !   I am SO SICK of SAM'S teary eyes, red nose and whiny cry voice - GEEZE, show, give me a break !!!     I quit watc;hing GH when, for weeks on end, that is all that was on my GH screen!!  Now she is at it again !!!!  For PETE'S sake, show, get rid of the actress or give direction that makes her bearable to watch.  Now, with Steve Burton coming back, I am bracing for more of the same from Sam.  I WANT to watch him and everyone else on the show, but clenching during her performances makes it miserable for me to watch.  I DON'T want to quit again, but...

• Love 6

Jason asking for Sam, but Sonny and Carly getting to his bedside first (fuck Monica, I guess) is everything I hate about this show in a nutshell.  Also very tired of Sam weepily blaming herself, pretty sure Sonny and Jason were in the mob waaay before she hit town.

Still have no idea what the show is trying to do with Dr. Bensch, but because it's this show, I can't help thinking his interest in Kiki is nefarious and possibly rape-y.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 8

That's an amazingly fast recovery on Jason's part (regaining consciousness I mean) .  And of course Carly goes in to see him before Sam.  Too bad no one thought to let Monica know as soon as he got better but she's just his mother and not in the sainted mob.  This show is so predictable.

Two good things today though:  They're not going for a Kiki/Griffin/Ava triangle.  And Valentine spoke French again.  I love it when the actor does that.

ETA:

Still have no idea what the show is trying to do with Dr. Bensch, but because it's this show, I can't help thinking his interest in Kiki is nefarious and possibly rape-y.

I really hope so. It would make this a little interesting.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 1

The last thing I want to hear from my doctor is that my illness is God's will or that I'm now in God's hands. Keep those thoughts to yourself, Griffin.

"I'm glad you're here. There are things I need to say." Too bad none of them were "Fuck you, Sonny, for dragging me into this nonsense."

1 minute ago, statsgirl said:

That's an amazingly fast recovery on Jason's part. 

That wasn't after surgery was it? He wasn't in a room yet. Either way, SMH Monica knows nothing.

• Love 4

I think they're taking him to surgery now although why Sam can't go upstairs with him I don't know.  But it was an amazing recovery from the gunshot to the chest wound that Monica was worried about.  Realistically he should still be unconscious and not able to talk to his nearest and dearest, being Sonny, Carly and Sam. Screw Monica.

• Love 3

I would rather go on ten moonlit camel rides with Michael than watch another minute of Sonny, Carly, and Sam in the hospital. Of fucking course those three huddled up together and ignored poor Monica, because who cares about her, right? They're incapable of getting their heads out of their own asses long enough to remember that Monica has loved Jason for longer than any of them, and that they should maybe offer her even a teaspoon of sympathy. This will probably be the only time I'll say this, but I'm grateful for Liz and her offering of support to Monica. It was such a small scene, but when she and Monica gripped hands it resonated far more powerfully than any of Sam's tearful words.

• Love 12
21 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I really hope so. It would make this a little interesting.

I guess I'd be okay with nefarious, even though making doctors evil while mobsters and hit men are the shows' heroes makes me itchy.  But no thank-y to rape-y, especially because you know Franco would have to be part of it, yuck.

• Love 3

I don't see Bensch being all rapey, But nefarious with ulterior motives, yes. Because otherwise it just doesn't make sense why he would do this for a new nurse's aide he saw working in the ER one time.

If this show were really soapy, he'd turn out to be Kiki's real father.  Or grandfather or something like that.

• Love 5