Type keyword(s) to search

S31: Jeremy Collins

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

Meet Jeremy Collins from Survivor: San Juan del Sur (Season 29), who returns to play on Survivor Cambodia: Second Chance.

As a major threat from Survivor: San Juan del Sur, Jeremy was known for his rivalry with Josh Canfield and being blindsided by his own alliance. After going up against his wife, Val Collins, on Day 1's Hero Duel, the firefighting castaway ended up sending his better half to exile, which is a move that still crushes him to this day.

Here is your Jeremy Collins topic.

Jeremy has the right idea in bringing in other physical threats to help shield him.  It'll be interesting if it works for him in the long run.  A lot of focus on the Bayon men tonight.  I thought he might have came across as playing too hard, too fast, but given the group he's in, I think he'll be okay for now.  I won't be surprised if he finds some allies on the other side, too, if he makes it to that point.

Jeremy and Natalie are one of my favorite duos. A black man and a Sri Lankan woman. She wasn't looking for a meat shield or protector, and he wasn't looking to cuddle up with somebody's implants. No romance or flirting, just a partnership. And I enjoyed Natalie seeking revenge on his behalf. I started off strongly disliking the twinnies so it was a shocker to like them so much.

• Love 7

I absolutely loved Jeremy's idol grab.  And both idols are in possession of former SJDS players.  I liked him during SJDS (one of the few people I liked that season) but I find myself enjoying him more this time around.  I'm really curious to see how his game shapes up this season.  Hope he's around for awhile, I think he'll be one of the more interesting and strategic game players.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 1

I think Kelley idol grab was more exciting and riskier but Jeremy's will do. I do wonder if Kelley has been checking other people out during the challenges for a HII. Of course, if she had you would think they would be showing it. It will be interesting to,see who uses theirs first and if they are able to keep until the merge. With Kelly potentially on the bottom of the numbers she might have to use hers earlier than Jeremy.

• Love 3

Kelley's idol grab was more exciting and definitely riskier.  Jeremy at least had a reason for being on the other side of that chest.  Kelley had to not only lie as to why she was wearing shorts at the challenge, but someone could have easily seen her grab it or may have wondered why she was reaching underneath that base.  I wonder if TPTB looked at how the first idol grab went and based where the hid the remaining idols on that.  I hope both can take there's to the merge.  Kelley seems to be doing her best to turn the heat on Terry.  Shirin called Terry out for having it, so she may be able to use that outburst to her advantage.  It could be attempting a blindside on Terry when he doesn't really have the idol. 

• Love 1

I'm  on Team Jeremy after seeing him let the chicken go and no more Varner to love.  I too would not want to watch the chicken starve since they didn't have food for it.  Eat it or let it go.  It was also pretty funny, like he did it just to amuse himself with the ensuing drama (which is just a little more evil than I am but was fun to watch). 

Edited by marys1000
  • Love 5

Jeremy seems to be playing a beautiful game so far.  I hope nothing comes along and spoils it, or that he gets too comfortable so he doesn't get blindsided again.  He made the alpha alliance, he's got the idol, he's got Spencer wanting to make friends with him, he's on a winning tribe that is 4-0 right now (well, except for that RC this past week), and he framed Kimmi for the chicken escape.  And I completely agree they should have shown that.  He is another that I am happy to see really embracing the whole concept of a second chance and playing the game.  I worry too many of these guys are just going to let an alliance carry them, hope someone does the dirty work and gets blasted at TC while they can say they played nice and collect the million.

I loved seeing Jeremy sneak a bite at the end of IC and telling Probst he hadn't eaten in 16 days, so to give him a break.  That whole scene was funny, complete with Jeff's "really?"  He's very enjoyable to watch and I wish was getting more screen time.  I kind of felt like he was letting Stephen down gently about the Joe boot, almost like patting the outsider on the head and throwing him a bone when everyone else shuns him.  If Joe wants to keep Kelley around, I can see the wheels turning in Jeremy's head as to how that benefits him even more.  And even though I'm mixed at how good having shields are in this game, he is right that keeping other physical threats around (especially ones that are very likable and possibly ruffling feathers on their own) is good at taking the heat off of him.  He's got the idol, and I believe is playing just the right game.  Unlike some others, he doesn't seem to be playing too hard, too fast.  Aside from forming the alpha alliance, it looks like he's letting people come to him and laying low.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 5

Yeah, Jeremy is looking very strong, and that was a very charming little moment. And I have to say I don't really get why everyone's so hot and bothered about Joe when Jeremy is right there! I guess he's married 'n' shit...whatever...

Well, for me with Joe its the hair and his big brown eyes that make me swoon. However, Jeremy with his body and gorgeous smile is nice to look at, too. I don't care that he's married with kids and a baby on the way-nothing wrong with just looking. Oh, and he seems like he'd be a riot to be around.

• Love 1

In SJDS I loved Jeremy a lot at first and then ended up basically hating him so I came in this season kinda hating him. But he has been winning me over the past couple eps. The thing I enjoy most about him is how much he seems to kind of playfully hate everyone and that's been coming up lately so I've been getting a kick out of that.

I like how he's approaching Stephen. I think he told Stephen he was 'wigging' or 'bugging' out in this ep and it was so hilarious. 

I'm interested to see how he plays the merge. He has a few options.

• Love 2

Apparently, from what I have seen Jeremy should wear oil 24/7. LOL!!! I saw in his pre interviews he said he didn't work out as much and wanted to look smaller than he he did in SJDS. If that's him not working out I will have what he's having. Damn! He is built like a brick house. I still can't figure out how far he goes in the game. He's very present on the show but he hasn't had a lot of confessionals but does get airtime. Maybe, he gets to the Final 4 and they (someone) cut him lose. He's very likable and a real team player. He also has the idol. I'm dying to know whether he or Kelley use it and if so, who plays it first. That should be great tv.

• Love 6

I saw in his pre interviews he said he didn't work out as much and wanted to look smaller than he he did in SJDS.

I was about to call bullshit because I thought this just said he didn't work out and I was like OK buddy, but then I saw the 'as much' and I was like oh ok so he only goes to the gym once a day instead of two now then I guess.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 3

I felt the need to bump this thread since it was astonishing to me to see it so low considering Jeremy is playing hands-down the best game right now.

He is just straight-up running this thing and, the most important part, no one gets just how in control he is. It's reminding me a bit of BRob's gameplay in RI, but without having idiots who were deaf and/or blind to play with. These people aren't stupid and yet Jeremy is still snowing them to just how in control of them he is. And to just how little of a chance they have to beat him. 

Plus, he's fine as hell!

I'm back to liking him again lol. But I still hope Kelley takes him out.

• Love 9

I felt the need to bump this thread since it was astonishing to me to see it so low considering Jeremy is playing hands-down the best game right now.

He is just straight-up running this thing and, the most important part, no one gets just how in control he is. It's reminding me a bit of BRob's gameplay in RI, but without having idiots who were deaf and/or blind to play with. These people aren't stupid and yet Jeremy is still snowing them to just how in control of them he is. And to just how little of a chance they have to beat him.

Plus, he's fine as hell!

I agree that Jeremy is playing well and I wouldn't mind seeing him win, though I am rooting for Tasha. He is smart to keep some "shields" and also to make it seem like he is less of a leader than he really is.

But I think the comparison to Boston Rob on RI is completely off.

Rob played that season way over the top. He was openly controlling his alliance like a cult leader, with his buddy system and totally ostracizing those outside the alliance.

The players in his alliance were idiots for falling for his "I have a bond with YOU." crap and I thought the jurors were way too forgiving of his overly aggressive play. The one time we needed a bitter jury they let us down.

• Love 2

Bryce, that's just it, Boston Rob's jury wasn't bitter.  That was part of his great game play that season. 

I agree with you (how could I not?) that Jeremy is playing tremendously this season.  At this point I would be glad to see Jeremy or Kelley win, with Tasha and Stephen probably my third and fourth favorites now. 

• Love 1

I think Boston Rob just had the perfect final two.  The jury had no choice but to give it to him.

Other then that not splitting the votes snafu, his game has been flawless. He painted Andrew as the head, has Joe set up as his next major target and most of the people out there want to work with him. He's a major contender to win, provided that he gets rid of all the goats fast enough.

• Love 2

Bryce, that's just it, Boston Rob's jury wasn't bitter. That was part of his great game play that season.

I agree with you (how could I not?) that Jeremy is playing tremendously this season. At this point I would be glad to see Jeremy or Kelley win, with Tasha and Stephen probably my third and fourth favorites now.

I thought Rob played in a way that any reasonable, intelligent jury should have been bitter and punished him at FTC, if not out of bitterness, then out of respect for the game.

One of the great things about Survivor is that things that will get you to FTC (e.g., being a goat, backstabbing your closest "friends") will make it difficult to win at FTC.

This makes playing the game well a far more difficult and complex thing.

That jury was too weak, stupid and lacking in self-respect to be appropriately bitter and allowed Rob to have his cake and eat it too.

Jeremy is playing a far more subtle and skillful game than Rob did and would be a worthy Sole Survivor.

• Love 3

Jeremy is reminding me of Kim, actually.  He is massively in control, but masterfully managing his alliance so it's not apparent.  And he's cool as a cucumber.  Everyone seems to like/respect him, and no one is gunning for him. Only difference is that he's sandbagging on the Individual Immunity challenges, I believe.  Let's see if he starts to play hard when it starts to count.

I think he's winning this thing, too.

• Love 9

Special K, I think Jeremy faces vastly stronger competition than Kim did.  His path to the end, I think, will be lots harder. 

That said, he's playing so well it won't surprise me a bit to see him get there and win the season. 

• Love 3

Special K, I think Jeremy faces vastly stronger competition than Kim did.  His path to the end, I think, will be lots harder. 

That said, he's playing so well it won't surprise me a bit to see him get there and win the season. 

Agree with this.  It's amazing how much better he's playing now that he isn't worrying about his wife!  Of course, each season has so many millions of variables that might explain why he's doing so well this time.

The other amazing thing about Jeremy is that he has (so-far) completely bamboozled Survivor-brain Stephen, who doesn't seem to realize that Jeremy is his JT this time, not Joe!  It's like Jeremy is able to use people's own weaknesses against them to his own benefit.  Savage is vain and likes to feel like he's the boss.  So set him up in a hammock, surround him with minions, listen to and value what he says, but manipulate him to your way of thinking -- all while steering him into thinking that it's his decision!

Maybe I'm overestimating his skills, but I tend to think not.

I can't wait to see how Jeremy recovers from this week's blindside!

• Love 5

I thought Rob played in a way that any reasonable, intelligent jury should have been bitter and punished him at FTC, if not out of bitterness, then out of respect for the game.

One of the great things about Survivor is that things that will get you to FTC (e.g., being a goat, backstabbing your closest "friends") will make it difficult to win at FTC.

This makes playing the game well a far more difficult and complex thing.

That jury was too weak, stupid and lacking in self-respect to be appropriately bitter and allowed Rob to have his cake and eat it too.

Jeremy is playing a far more subtle and skillful game than Rob did and would be a worthy Sole Survivor.

I remember several members of that jury saying they would vote for Phillip if he admitted his persona was an act to get to the end. They all definitely hated Rob and he was sitting to the only two people he could beat.

I think Jeremy is playing a good game. He's lucked out with tribe switches, but he has to be given credit for making the most of it. He's done a great job keeping people like Stephen and Savage in line. I'm sorry we haven't gotten to see more of his personality. That secret scene a few weeks ago showing Jeremy liberating the chicken was great.

• Love 5

Agree with this.  It's amazing how much better he's playing now that he isn't worrying about his wife!  Of course, each season has so many millions of variables that might explain why he's doing so well this time.

The other amazing thing about Jeremy is that he has (so-far) completely bamboozled Survivor-brain Stephen, who doesn't seem to realize that Jeremy is his JT this time, not Joe!  It's like Jeremy is able to use people's own weaknesses against them to his own benefit.  Savage is vain and likes to feel like he's the boss.  So set him up in a hammock, surround him with minions, listen to and value what he says, but manipulate him to your way of thinking -- all while steering him into thinking that it's his decision!

Maybe I'm overestimating his skills, but I tend to think not.

I can't wait to see how Jeremy recovers from this week's blindside!

This is where I think Jeremy has so far excelled.  He wants the vote to go his way, it goes his way-but he makes the other person think they came up with it on their own.  When he doesn't need Joe anymore, assuming Stephen is still there, he'll probably back him 100% in getting rid of his JT 2.0.  Yet it'll be because Jeremy has no use for Joe anymore, not because he cares what Stephen's reasoning is.  Even though Ciera was completely right in her assessment of who is running the show, he handled that well by saying she named 5 people of 4 so that they obviously didn't know who was running the show.  With idols being brought out in the open, and the easy votes of Kelley/Abi/Ciera maybe not being so easy anymore, I will be curious to see how he recovers from this blindside.  However, I think Jeremy's got more than enough people loyal to him, and somehow I think he will be able to shift the target off of him to others for the time being if he needs to (Stephen, Joe, Spencer).  I wish we were getting more footage of Jeremy, though maybe he is playing a quiet but masterful game.  I hope it isn't because he's being super obnoxious and they are hiding that.

Also, Savage said he was voted out because they believed he was the glue holding everyone together-he may have thought that, but in reality, had they gotten rid of Jeremy, I think there would have been a lot more dysfunction and open votes.  I don't know that people are as loyal to Savage as they are Jeremy.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 2

Jeremy is reminding me of Kim, actually.

Very good comparison. But I think Kim played better!

But it's funny that we're not really shown much of Jeremy's game EXCEPT great moves like snagging the idol, setting Andrew up in the hammock and subtly pushing focus off Stephen.  He might be also playing terrible or being obnoxious but we're only shown his good side, so he looks great. 

This is a very good point. And if they are hiding some bad aspects of Jeremy's game then I bet he is the winner.

• Love 2

Part of me wants to see Jeremy go home with two hidden immunity idols in his pocket.  But I don't think that's going to happen.

I'm not sure why Jeremy went along with the idea that he was in the bottom of his alliance last night.  He seems to be very secure.

• Love 4

Plus, he's fine as hell!

Seriously.  There are 10 players left - 50% of the starting number.  Seems like plenty remain who should start realizing and taking action against the Jeremy and Stephen.  They have the numbers to do it.  Why it's not getting done is amazing to me.

• Love 2

I think Jeremy is better off pretending he is at the bottom then saying he is the leader.

I would also point out that Jeremy keeps talking about needing his shields. He looks at Andrew and Joe as shields. I think he sees Stephen and Spencer in the same light. He understands that as a stronger male he has a target on his back. He also understands that people who are seen as the heads of anything are targets. Furthermore, his name has been tossed out at two tribals as someone running the game and someone who will win if he makes it to the finals. That puts a target on him.

In Survivor, people who have targets on their backs are always at the bottom even if they think they are in a good alliance. So it is not hard to make that sale to Jeremy.

Tasha was tied to Savage after their Angkor stint. Tasha was fine with voting out Stephen. I don't know if Stephen saw that in game but I think that Jeremy knows his core is Spencer, Stephen and Kimmi. I am guessing they did not include Kimmi because Kimmi was tight with Kelly. I don't think that Jeremy will have a hard time selling what happened to Kimmi and simply saying that she would not want to write Kelly's name down.

• Love 2

So Jeremy finds an idol clue that tells him to search out a light after it gets dark that will take him to the next hidden immunity idol. Question: Is it possible that someone else (say, Joe) who may have wondered over there at night to go to the bathroom or whatever could have come across the idol by chance? Or did you all set it up only once Jeremy started walking over or set it up outside of boundaries where tribemates are usually allowed to go? Basically, were there any precautions in place to ensure that only Jeremy got it since he had found the clue? 

Well, I can’t give away all of our production secrets but philosophically I can answer your question. Once Jeremy had the clue, then the idol was designated for him and only him. The risk he had to take was getting caught by someone else, which we couldn’t help him with. But in terms of someone else finding the idol and taking it as their own, that would not have happened.

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/11/19/survivor-jeff-probst-cambodia-second-chance-twist

The above is a quote from Jeff about Jeremy's idol find.  I don't remember that ever being the case before.  I know once an idol is found it is off limits, but when someone has just the clue it was always fair game (as Cagayan and WA showed us, among others).  Also, is sneaking off in the night really that challenging?  Especially if people might be thinking that the idols are found at challenges at this point.

As for Jeremy: kind of bored that he found a second idol, but glad it was him and not a few others.  Still, I love for as many people to have idols as possible.  Makes the possibilities more exciting as to what can happen.  Even if Parvati's double idol play was one of my all time faves.  I don't know what Jeremy is doing to keep the target off him and convince everyone else to not vote for certain people even though they successfully could (like the numerous attempts on Stephen).  But you think that would be a wake up call.  With the game getting down in numbers, if he doesn't start winning II, that makes an idol play more likely.  People are losing their chances to get rid of a strong threat because they are too focused on easy votes and another strong threat.  He is playing a really great game even if we haven't seen it (mostly heard about it).  I agree that while Savage and Joe were his meat shields, Stephen and Spencer are what I would consider his strategic shields.  Even if Spencer isn't doing much strategically.  He sees how badly people want to get rid of Stephen, and he can use that when the time comes if he wants to get rid of him.  Everyone will be on board.  Secondly, he can pin a lot of the dirty work on Stephen ala Cochran/Dawn.  I think he'll rebound fine from the Kelly vote, once he explains.  I don't know if he can keep Stephen safe much longer, though.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 2

It seems that there's three people who desperately want to be aligned with him with a fourth who's probably not going anywhere and three people who nobody's listening to.  Leaving Joe ( playing scared) and Keith ( doesn't seem to care). At this juncture, the best bet to take out Jeremy is to have the amigas align with Joe and Keith but I don't think either side wants to do that.

Rob's point in his Podcast was Jeremy going to the bathroom and being followed by the camera should have been a tip off that something was happening because cameras don't follow them to the bathroom.

The map showed that the idol was going to be down the path they took for the merge feast, so it was not near their camp or a place that they went regularly. I suspect that the idea was that there was some risk that someone might follow Jeremy and know that he had an idol. Just like the risk at the challenge was that someone would see you pocket an idol and ask you what was up. So instead of the idols being hidden and once you find it you can hide it, there is an additional risk that you are observed. So you can be seen finding the clue and you can be seen finding the idol. Twice the opportunity to be caught. 

I'm disappointed that production won't allow someone to take the idol without finding the clue. There should be some sense of urgency for the person who has the clue. I don't think getting the idol in the middle of the night was nearly as challenging or interesting as getting one during a challenge. It just isn't risky enough.

I suspect if Ciera found the clue and Spencer or Joe stumbled across the idol, production might change their minds. They seem to be pretty fluid about things like this, depending on what they think is good tv.

It was a great episode for Jeremy all around. Stephen still doesn't seem to see Jeremy as the power player in their alliance. Stephen is so in love with the idea that there is no hierarchy in the alliance that he's missed the fact that Jeremy is top dog. Sometimes people get way too caught up in the "narrative" to see what's actually happening.

• Love 2

Probst's statement means only Jeremy could get the idol and I do think that is bullshit. If someone else came across the idol, they should have been able to get it. It is in line with the earlier idols which were only put out at a challenge if someone had found the note. I think that Jeremy had the one night to find the idol. If he didn't get it, a new note would have been put out.

• Love 2

In Cagayan didn't Woo actually steal Spencer's idol clue? That was okay because it made good tv. But even if someone found the idol before Jeremy or saw his clue they weren't entitled to it? Yeah, I'm also thinking if someone like Ciera or Keith had the clue but someone like Joe found it, it would have been finders keepers. And great TV! Or at least that's what Probst would be saying.

• Love 2

Woo stole the clue which vaguely told people where to look. The idol was not moved and would stay where it was until someone found it. Each clue would give more specific directions until someone found the idol. So there were multiple clues and no time limits. The idol was fair game, with people finding them without any clues.

These clues give the finder the exact location of the idol at a specific time. If you don't get the idol at that time and the idol is gone and the clue is useless. I was a bit surprised to hear that the only person who would be allowed to get the idol would be the person who found the clue. I wouldn't have worried about that at the challenges, unless you knew here was an idol hidden, you wouldn't be looking and you probably wouldn't think to pick up a random piece of the set. Only the clue holders would know where to look and what to do. Last night, anyone who came across the idol should have been able to get it, just like when people found idols in other seasons. The location should have been enough to prevent that from happening, just make sure to set it up in an area where they don't go. But if someone followed Jeremy and saw what was hanging up, they should have been able to dash up and grab it.

I guess the logic is that the time constraints are limiting enough that only the clue finder can get the idol.

I don't think Jeremy is a misogynist. Has he made some sexist statements? Yes, he has. Do I think he hates women? No. Not at all. His first season he allied with all women and he sure seems to love his wife. He chose a different strategy this year, it doesn't make him a woman hater.

• Love 3

Part of me wants to see Jeremy go home with two hidden immunity idols in his pocket.  But I don't think that's going to happen.

Same here - although it would be hella fun to watch. :>

I'm not sure why Jeremy went along with the idea that he was in the bottom of his alliance last night.  He seems to be very secure.

Because the quickest way to blow that security is to publicly acknowledge it.

• Love 3

Misogyny is often used colloquially as a synonym for sexism rather than as a description of conscious hatred for women (which I still wouldn't describe as a serious accusation... it's not like people go to jail for misogyny!). It looks like we're all in agreement that Jeremy's demonstrated some sexist attitudes, so is there really a point in quibbling about the semantics?

+1.

A sexist firefighter???

SURELY you jest!

;>

NGL this is probably a big part of why I can't fully warm to Jeremy. There has never been a firefighter on reality tv that I didn't think was at least somewhat of a dick. 

+1.

NGL this is probably a big part of why I can't fully warm to Jeremy. There has never been a firefighter on reality tv that I didn't think was at least somewhat of a dick. 

Tom Westman?

Maybe he was a jerk, I can't really remember.

Tom was a dick. An entitled, emotionally bullying dick.

I like Jeremy just fine. He is a bit boring in how completely he is dominating this game. It is almost Kim levels of control. He is quiet, calm, thinking and listening to what others are saying. There are no histrionics. I have no problem with his wanting to provide for Val. If I played Survivor, I would be talking about providing for my husband and child, I don't see that as sexist. I see it as wanting to care for someone who I love.

• Love 7

Misogyny is often used colloquially as a synonym for sexism rather than as a description of conscious hatred for women (which I still wouldn't describe as a serious accusation... it's not like people go to jail for misogyny!). It looks like we're all in agreement that Jeremy's demonstrated some sexist attitudes, so is there really a point in quibbling about the semantics?

I don't even agree with that. He's just guilty of what a lot of people in the majority alliance in survivors are and that's underestimating those at the bottom. Just because it happens to be women at the time doesn't make him sexist.

It's funny when girls on this game exhibit some sexist attitudes they're rarely called misandrists but when a guy does, they're called misogynists. Gotta love those double standards.

Edited by Oscirus
  • Love 2

I am appalled to read about the chicken. "Letting it go" meant sending it to its death, preceded by terror. A chicken doesn't last long in a suburban backyard overnight. It would have been far kinder to quickly snap its neck, and then eat it, so its death had some point.

Not saying Jeremy is a chicken hater. People are just so ignorant about the chickens they are given on this show, it burns me up every season for one reason or another.

• Love 1

It's not a double standard when one side is the minority (women are the minority versus men).  You can't call that an equal double standard, sorry!  

I think it's pretty clear that in this game women are underestimated and there is sexism at play, just my opinion.

Topic, I love Jeremy... 

• Love 3

I am appalled to read about the chicken. "Letting it go" meant sending it to its death, preceded by terror. A chicken doesn't last long in a suburban backyard overnight. It would have been far kinder to quickly snap its neck, and then eat it, so its death had some point.

I thought it was a wild chicken and he was returning it to the jungle where it came from since they couldn't feed it.  

Tom was a dick. An entitled, emotionally bullying dick.

My people!

It's funny when girls on this game exhibit some sexist attitudes they're rarely called misandrists but when a guy does, they're called misogynists. Gotta love those double standards.

Misogyny is a real problem in the world, so that's probably why it comes up more.

It is almost Kim levels of control.

I've been thinking the way I feel about the game right now with how in control Jeremy is must've been how people who hated Kim felt while watching One World.

• Love 2

A chicken doesn't last long in a suburban backyard overnight.

Really?  We've had one roaming free in our neighborhood since about March.  Its usual roost is the tree on the property line between my neighbor and I.  :)

• Love 3