Type keyword(s) to search

"Hell Yeah!" TV Moments

• Start Topic

15 hours ago, Wiendish Fitch said:

Gilmore Girls

Hell, I'll just post the clip. This judge is a goddess.

12 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

“I don’t care who you are. I don’t care who your family is. When you commit a crime, Miss Gilmore, there must be consequences.”

BOOM.

That judge was awesome. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

From Boy Meets World:

Moral of the story: don’t mess with someone’s food.

I'd hardly call a cafeteria hockey puck 'food' [ since I can't recall consuming a single edible 'hamburger' in any pre-college cafeteria- which usually ranked with Denny's if not lower in quality].

However, I agree in principle AND it was awesome seeing Minkus not only outsmart Shawn but derail Shawn from making future attempts at bullying despite Shawn (at that time) being somewhat bigger and taller than him [though the tables would definitely turn in adulthood]. I liked how there were signs that they had the potential to have become genuine friends later on (alas, between BMW firing Lee Norris after Season One and GMW being too unimaginative to have considered that for a character arc, it never got depicted).

Edited by Blergh
  • Like 4

Flashpoint the Good Citizen-I know we're not suppose to route for vigilantism but in the episode Bobby has enough with drug dealers in the neighborhood. They burned down his store in retaliation for standing up to them and his brother who he kept trying to get off drugs died of an overdose that morning. He beats up two drug dealers who came in to bust up the bar he was sitting in because the bar owner threw them out for trying to sell drugs in the bar the night before. Then decides to go after the brothers Grady and Dru who are selling drugs. Rich brothers who went into selling drugs. Bobby decides to make them pay by forcing Dru to do lines of coke. The entire stash. Grady points out that it'll kill his brother. Bobby points out if it was good enough for his brother then it's good enough for Grady's brother.  Not to mention everyone they sold to making millions?

Is it wrong that I like this plan too much? Forcing drug dealers to snort their own stuff?

• Like 3
On 7/5/2024 at 12:56 AM, andromeda331 said:

Flashpoint the Good Citizen-I know we're not suppose to route for vigilantism but in the episode Bobby has enough with drug dealers in the neighborhood. They burned down his store in retaliation for standing up to them and his brother who he kept trying to get off drugs died of an overdose that morning. He beats up two drug dealers who came in to bust up the bar he was sitting in because the bar owner threw them out for trying to sell drugs in the bar the night before. Then decides to go after the brothers Grady and Dru who are selling drugs. Rich brothers who went into selling drugs. Bobby decides to make them pay by forcing Dru to do lines of coke. The entire stash. Grady points out that it'll kill his brother. Bobby points out if it was good enough for his brother then it's good enough for Grady's brother.  Not to mention everyone they sold to making millions?

Is it wrong that I like this plan too much? Forcing drug dealers to snort their own stuff?

It sounds like it perpetuates the cycle of violence and probably doesn’t really eliminate the drug problem in the area. Other than that, no. 

• Like 2

It was both a funny and a “hell yeah!” moment for me but the flight attendant in the episode “Breaking Point” from S4 of 9-1-1 who lost her mind on her passengers and quit by going down the plane’s escape slide (based on a real life story) has to be one of my favorite opens of a show. If only because she fulfilled my dream of getting to rage on entitled customers. I’ve had similar thoughts at work all too often. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
On 7/12/2024 at 9:27 PM, Cloud9Shopper said:

It was both a funny and a “hell yeah!” moment for me but the flight attendant in the episode “Breaking Point” from S4 of 9-1-1 who lost her mind on her passengers and quit by going down the plane’s escape slide (based on a real life story) has to be one of my favorite opens of a show. If only because she fulfilled my dream of getting to rage on entitled customers. I’ve had similar thoughts at work all too often. 

I love that one.

My favorite is Karma's a Bitch episode

A woman tries to shoot her abusive husband but misses and the bullet gets stuck in a tree. The woman then hangs herself from that tree and her husband doesn't even care that he drove her to do it. He tries to blow up the tree later on...and the explosion causes the bullet to fly out and hit him in the chest.

An arrogant fitness club owner left his dog inside a hot car and fired an assistant for breaking her out. The next day, that assistant comes in to pick up her last paycheck and finds the guy almost charred alive when his tanning bed broke.

A woman steals packages from the doors of people right after they've been delivered. She ends up falling and breaking her femur trying to carry one large package away and is arrested by Athena while lying in pain.

A dentist becomes hated for killing a lion during a safari trip. He ends up being mauled by a tiger at a zoo. The tiger he was throwing rocks at because the kids with him couldn't see the tiger. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
(edited)

Why do these sound like they could be summaries from episodes of an actual anthology/pseudo-docu series on Fox in the mid to late 90s called Karma's a Bitch, hosted by Mitch Pileggi?

Edited by Palimelon
  • Like 1
19 hours ago, DoctorAtomic said:

Why would you blow up a tree instead of just cut it down?

The answer to this is Ryan Murphy. One cannot apply logic to any project produced by Ryan Murphy. 

• Like 6
  • LOL 1

Not the biggest fan in the world.

However, I couldn't help but be moved by the French-Canadian iconic singer Celine Dion's powerful and triumphant performance in Friday night's Opening Ceremony of the 2024 Paris Olympics!

Even if I had had no knowledge of how she's had very limited public appearances and performances in recent months due to her having to battle a neurological condition, it would have been quite a cathartic performance but since her recent health challenges ARE known, that makes it all the more vindicating!

I can't imagine how she managed to appear SO healthy and invigorated last night after so many months of battling that condition but somehow, somehow she did it and even if she has more issues in the future from that condition NOTHING can take away from how she DID shine on the literal world stage- not even the constant rain that poured down and that's something she and her loved ones can draw strength from in the future!

• Like 7
  • Love 2
On 7/16/2024 at 11:47 AM, Ohiopirate02 said:

The answer to this is Ryan Murphy. One cannot apply logic to any project produced by Ryan Murphy. 

Ryan has gone on record stating that all of the crazy stuff on the two 9-1-1 shows are things that happened in real life. They deliberately researched the craziest calls they could find.

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 1
2 hours ago, anna0852 said:

Ryan has gone on record stating that all of the crazy stuff on the two 9-1-1 shows are things that happened in real life. They deliberately researched the craziest calls they could find.

So lion killer really got eaten by a lion at the zoo? That's awesome. 

2 hours ago, anna0852 said:

I don't think everything has but there is a lot of things that happen on the show that don't feel real but did happen.  Or close to it.

• Useful 1
7 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

I don't think everything has but there is a lot of things that happen on the show that don't feel real but did happen.  Or close to it.

Yeah, there is always going to be dramatic license when ripping stories from the headlines or in this case trawling through thousands of 911 calls. I can buy Ryan Murphy and his team using real calls but padding them out to fit the narrative of the episode. Many of these calls are not going to have publicly available police reports or supporting local journalism to flesh out the story. And for the ones where there is reporting or criminal charges were brought and the case went through the courts, the show will change things to get the network's legal department to approve. 

• Like 1