Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E00: 100th Episode Special

• Start Topic

Can Bravo just B her own show again and get her off of RHoNY? I watch those shows to see ALL of the HWs. I may have favorites but still don't want them to take the whole show over. It's really not fun to see an entire cast bow, scrape and kiss the butt of one castmate in fear of being wished into the cornfield. Granted, this is coming from someone who went from liking to disliking to being meh about B. I am afraid that the longer she is on the show that my feelings for her will slide back to dislike.

Kelly needs to zip it (TM Kelly) about how B and the show ruined her career. She had a bad reputation from her gig as Accesories Editor at Elle which was before she joined the show.

• Love 3

I thought Carole was auditioning for the job of Bs sidekick. Lots of mentions of them together post season without Heather.

I agree.  And I think we shall see a Beth/Carole friendship.  In the beginning of the season.  But Beth doesn't suffer fools gladly.  And Carole is a fool.  Imo, of course.

• Love 3

But there wasn't any reason why A&S had to fly 1/2 way around the world to be part of the reunion show; they have this new thing called satellites now. They could have participated from their living room.

Thank you, I was thinking the exact same thing when she came out with that bit of idiocy. Of course her ex is paying support, and I suspect quite a bit. Didn't she also get (or have enough $ to buy) what looked like a quite nice place in the Hamptons to go along with her NY apartment or condo or whatever she has? I doubt that her writing career is going all that far to finance those places along with her and her two daughter's upkeep.

Word about the satellite. Andy HATES Simon, he can never come back.

Gilles Bensimon owns the apartment building he and Kelly live in...he's downstairs, she's upstairs.. I'm sure this arrangement is so he can keep an eye on things.

• Love 4

Gilles Bensimon owns the apartment building he and Kelly live in...he's downstairs, she's upstairs.. I'm sure this arrangement is so he can keep an eye on things.

I don't think he owns the building.  Just the two apartments that he and Kelly live in.  And I'm pretty sure Kelly doesn't live there anymore.

• Love 2

So, for next season, why not try to find someone who gets along with Bethenny....oh wait....that would only be Andy.

I've always liked Bethenny.  She's smart, quick and makes me laugh so Andy isn't the "only" one.

Well, liking Bethenny as a viewer and liking her while being her new castmate/co-worker are two entirely different things. 

• Love 5

During the Bethenny crying spell, they started palying some oh-so-sad guitar music and I couldn't stop laughing because it was so cheesy.

That really stood out for me, too.  Because it was so cheesy and because I don't think Bravo has ever used that effect in that way before.

• Love 3

Well, liking Bethenny as a viewer and liking her while being her new castmate/co-worker are two entirely different things. 

How many people like every single one of their co-workers?  I'd bet there aren't many.  That and a paycheck makes it "work" as opposed to "entertainment."   No one is forcing them to be on the show.  

That really stood out for me, too.  Because it was so cheesy and because I don't think Bravo has ever used that effect in that way before.

I didn't even notice the music. 

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 2

I don't think he owns the building. Just the two apartments that he and Kelly live in. And I'm pretty sure Kelly doesn't live there anymore.

I actually follow her crazy ass on Instagram---according to recent pics, she's still very much living in her fabulous apartment there, although it's stuffed with all the furnishings from her old Hamptons house she had to sell a few years ago:

https://instagram.com/p/4aY_4EIE3k/

I'm oddly fascinated with Kelly's lifestyle because I can't imagine how she manages to live as well as she seemingly does. Where does she get all her money? Her girls are both almost 18; does Giles support Kelly somehow? Big settlement dough??

I know he's a world-famous fashion photographer and all, but I can't imagine he makes *that* much money to financially support his much younger ex wife and her kids to all live so well in Manhattan...maybe he invested really wisely when NYC real-estate was cheaper??

• Love 4

How many people like every single one of their co-workers?  I'd bet there aren't many.  That and a paycheck makes it "work" as opposed to "entertainment."   No one is forcing them to be on the show.  

My original point, though, was in response to someone saying Bravo needed to find a worthy opponent for Beth next season. 

*I* said they should find her a friend that is her equal instead of someone to fight with because I enjoyed her friendship with Jill.  My post had nothing to do with us/we the viewers liking her or disliking her.  

I actually follow her crazy ass on Instagram---according to recent pics, she's still very much living in her fabulous apartment there, although it's stuffed with all the furnishings from her old Hamptons house she had to sell a few years ago:

https://instagram.com/p/4aY_4EIE3k/

Thanks, Sun Bun.  She's oddly fascinating to me, too.  I loved her Hampton house.  I think she sold it for half of the original listing price but she still made millions.

There was an article that said Kelly was renting her apartment for 20,000/mo. but I'm glad she's still there.  Ack, the article was from 2013.  My bad.

http://ny.curbed.com/archives/2013/05/16/rent_like_a_real_housewife_for_20000_in_the_police_building.php

• Love 5

I don't think the purpose of the RH shows was solely to be a vehicle for RH and the present, developing or future product development.  That is where I differ from Andy and Bethenny.  As a viewer I wanted to see their lives, loves, children and some business.  Andy is all about the opportunist and I think the family and their relationships have taken a backseat to the product placement.  I am liking Dorinda so far because she doesn't have product to push, it is refreshing.

I see Dorinda coming out with an eyebrow wax line.  Not one for removing the brows; instead she'll market something similar to mustache wax and use her daughter with the Groucho brows to promote it.  

• Love 2

I agree.  And I think we shall see a Beth/Carole friendship.  In the beginning of the season.  But Beth doesn't suffer fools gladly.  And Carole is a fool.  Imo, of course.

I think she is rather sly but not foolish and I don't think a fool would have risen as far as she did in her early years in a competive industry with really no step-up to enter the business. I'm not sure where this new Carole is coming from but maybe she really has suffered a form of PTSD and after her first successful book and its promotion she's seemed lost. She has learned to be entertaining to pay for her supper and she did talk at length in her book that a good story was traded as currency in the social circles in which she was finding herself. Perhaps this silly Carole is a combination of a good story and whatever happened to that previously driven Carole. I also think she finds security in attaching herself to strong personalities so B seems to be it for now. Anyway, I do like her but she does seem calculating. I guess this is where I sense a slyness as Carole seems content to work the long game.

Edited by Almost 3000
  • Love 4

As much as Andy loves the limelight, he's not getting any younger.  And assuming he still holds an executive/day time gig with Bravo, doing the nightly club house, in addition to trying to have some kind of life - maybe he's looking to let some of it go.

Andy left his job at Bravo years ago. He loves doing WWHL. And he's only in his 40's! He's not retiring or going anywhere.

Note to Andy:  Andy, one of your most popular questions is asking housewives about 'work' that they have done.  After watching the 100th episode and seeing Beth in former seasons, why have you never asked Beth about what work 'she' has done?  Because it's so obvious that something has changed with the jawbone.

More double standards. Someone here noticed how WWHL never had their frequent "Who's side are you on?" poll question about Bethenny vs. so-and-so like they do on every other show and for every other feud. The favoritism is so obvious and overt.

• Love 6

I don't think the purpose of the RH shows was solely to be a vehicle for RH and the present, developing or future product development.  That is where I differ from Andy and Bethenny.  As a viewer I wanted to see their lives, loves, children and some business.  Andy is all about the opportunist and I think the family and their relationships have taken a backseat to the product placement.  I am liking Dorinda so far because she doesn't have product to push, it is refreshing.

I think Bravo would love it if the housewives only came on the show to share their fabulous lives. Problem is there is a very high price to pay for the way Bravo edits the Real Housewives, so the only reason anyone would sign up is if the perks out weigh the negatives. That's a scary tight rope walk for all of them.

Eta: Dorinda promotes John's dry cleaning business.

I agree about the product placement.  It's way out of control.  Andy even commented on it during the 100th episode special.  However, Grneydidy has a point.  The women literally sign over their right to complain about how they're edited so I can understand them wanted to be able to hawk their wares.

I agree with ZM about wanting to see more of their lives but I also understand that time constraints limit that, especially on the NY show.  They had eight HWs on NY this year and since their individual lives are supposed to take a back seat to their group interactions, some of that was lost.  We did get to see snippets of each of them individually but combine that with the group events and the bazillion damn commercials, something has to give.   A typical one hour TV show is usually around 41 minutes long.  I haven't clocked it but I think the HWs shows are even less, especially if you take into consideration the two minutes of "previously on" we get at the beginning of each episode.

• Love 4

Thanks, Sun Bun.  She's oddly fascinating to me, too.  I loved her Hampton house.  I think she sold it for half of the original listing price but she still made millions.

There was an article that said Kelly was renting her apartment for 20,000/mo. but I'm glad she's still there.  Ack, the article was from 2013.  My bad.

http://ny.curbed.com/archives/2013/05/16/rent_like_a_real_housewife_for_20000_in_the_police_building.php

I love how that link to Kelly's (old?) place is tagged "semi-celebrity." 

And I'm another who finds Kelly's "great life" that she loves living to be fascinating. You have a single ex-model in her 40s with no discernible source of income, yet manages to have this Instagram-ready life. 

• Love 3

My original point, though, was in response to someone saying Bravo needed to find a worthy opponent for Beth next season. 

*I* said they should find her a friend that is her equal instead of someone to fight with because I enjoyed her friendship with Jill.  My post had nothing to do with us/we the viewers liking her or disliking her.  

There are 55 apartments and IIRC Kelly said Giles picked her apartment up for $1,000,000.00. 

My theory on Kelly is, there's definitely something going on with her, which she's not sharing.  We're not getting the whole story on her.  Moaner said maybe she was on meds on Scary Island.  That could be.  Maybe she is on meds & she took too many.  Or maybe she went off them -- and the result is what we saw on Scary Island.  Lots of people have severe mental health conditions which can be greatly helped & controlled with meds.  Maybe Kelly is one of those people.  And maybe she's still in denial that she made an extremely poor decision to go on this show & to continue with it.  She should just stay away.

I'm still struck by Bethenny's cold demeanor/attitude when it comes to how she dealt with Kelly.  Her attitude was that Kelly put herself on the show so it was fine & dandy for Bethenny to crush her.  She said that's just who she is (snarky, abrasive & whatever else she said).  Um, that's her justification for crushing Kelly?  Really?  And yet she acknowledges Kelly is fragile.  Is it possible Bethenny may have gone overboard with her snark on Kelly?  Oh, she ain't EVER gonna admit to that.  At least Moaner said she regretted the cruel shit she said to Bethenny on the Brooklyn Bridge.  Would Bethenny do the same for Kelly?  No way, no way, no way, no way.  Bethenny sets the rules now & she ain't gonna do that for anyone.  

Let's get this straight, here & now.  I do not hate Bethenny, but man, she keeps doing all this stuff (particularly on this 100th thing) which makes me like her less & less & less . . .

I totally agree.  Bethenny had the opportunity to be gracious in retrospect about Scary Island and could not say "I wished I realized sooner she was so fragile and had backed down."  Kelly wasn't just being obnoxious.  She was crazy.  They might not have realized it until the very end, but once they did, they could 5 years later on a 100th episode show exhibit some empathy.  

Word about the satellite. Andy HATES Simon, he can never come back.

A few years ago on Kelly was tweeting like crazy that she was looking at Apts uptown and was moving from her place downtown.  I don't know if she actually did.  When the show started, both her and Luann's Hamptons homes were worth significantly more than what they ended up selling them for.  

• Love 8

well, i guess i'm in the minority again.  i enjoyed the 100th episode and here are my thoughts and observations.

kelly:  she wasn't bullied.  if anything, she  bullied alex and bethenny.  she said and called bethenny all sorts of nasty things.  she was extremely dismissive of alex and beth.  i don't remember whose apartment they were in but beth was trying to work things out with kelly.  kelly wouldn't talked to her.

kelly gave as good as she got.

bethenny:  i like her and for the most part i enjoy her. was disappointed in her response re bullying of kelly in scary island..she had nothing to apologize for and she should have stated as such.  

alex:  i didn't care for her the first season but she and simmon really grew on me.  what comic relief!!!  i loved ramona came to embrace both of them.  alex was always the voice of reason and i miss them!

jill:  loved her and beth together....and really enjoyed watching their scenes together.  her ego got the better of her..  andy gave her some credit for casting and said she refused to.be on the show

luann:  i didn't like her the first few years..on the 100th episode she said she was sorry that beth and jills friendship ended,.........untrue!!  she did everything she could to keep them apart.   ramona set up a meeting at her apt....and luann encouraged  jill not to stay and listen to beth.....now that was evil.

obviously i enjoyed the first years for more than the recent.  i think ny is the best franchise

• Love 10

I totally agree.  Bethenny had the opportunity to be gracious in retrospect about Scary Island and could not say "I wished I realized sooner she was so fragile and had backed down."  Kelly wasn't just being obnoxious.  She was crazy.  They might not have realized it until the very end, but once they did, they could 5 years later on a 100th episode show exhibit some empathy.  

Yeah, on Scary Island, Kelly was saying some really loony, nasty shit to Bethenny & making crazy, baseless, paranoid accusations against her, so I don't even blame her getting so angry & finally just blowing her top at Kelly.  It's interesting they showed the scene of her screaming "GO TO SLEEP!" at Kelly.  Idk, watching Kelly's scrunched-up expression, reacting to Bethenny screaming at her, made me feel (probably for the first & only time) kinda/sorta sorry for her.  And Bethenny lost me here.  

Sorry to the Bethenny super-fans, and I guess I gotta repeat this 17 million times that I don't hate her, but I reserve the right to critique Bethenny's behavior.  I'm not getting where the assumption comes from that critiquing Bethenny = hating her.  It's too simple & it just ain't true.

I still think she went overboard with Kelly.  The bullying thing, I'm on the fence about.  Kelly gave as good as she got.  But Bethenny wrongly assumed Kelly was/is a rational, functional human being & it was pretty obvious by her behavior on Scary Island, she isn't.  I'm not even faulting Bethenny for doing this.   But I would have liked to finally see her say, "Look, I reacted to Kelly's babble & maybe I shouldn't have screamed at her because she is fragile".  That's it really.  Is it so painful for her to admit when she's wrong?  Ah, but we're not gonna get that from Bethenny.  Nope, and Satan Andy is so terrified of her now (as is everyone else connected to the show), he'd be too skeered to even ask her if she might have handled Kelly differently.

As far as Moaner's "regret" about the horribly cruel shit she said to Bethenny on the Brooklyn bridge?  Um, shouldn't she have said this years & years & years ago?  Like maybe at the reunion of the season that ep was on?  Honestly, Moaner's "regret" seemed pretty darn disingenuous to me.  So she's saying this now -- all these years later?  Shrugging hard.  Er, maybe because she knows she's gotta lick Bethenny's toes, ass & whatever cuz Bethenny is now ruling the roost on this thing.  Ya think?  Was it Moaner just trying to do whatever she can to make sure she stays on the show & the queen bee doesn't kick her off and/or doesn't beat the fuck outta her if she does choose to keep her around?  Hmmmm.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 13

well, i guess i'm in the minority again.  i enjoyed the 100th episode and here are my thoughts and observations.

kelly:  she wasn't bullied.  if anything, she  bullied alex and bethenny.  she said and called bethenny all sorts of nasty things.  she was extremely dismissive of alex and beth.  i don't remember whose apartment they were in but beth was trying to work things out with kelly.  kelly wouldn't talked to her.

kelly gave as good as she got.

bethenny:  i like her and for the most part i enjoy her. was disappointed in her response re bullying of kelly in scary island..she had nothing to apologize for and she should have stated as such.  

I don't think you're in the minority.  I've read all the posts and think there were a lot of people who enjoyed the 100th episode.  This is just my opinion, but it seems that those who dislike this episode, any episode, or an individual cast member tend to be more vocal and repeat themselves more often.

I agree with you that Kelly was just awful on Scary Island.  Bethenny has no reason to apologize to her and for anyone who thought having her say it would be "a nice thing to do", Bethenny knows better.  Kelly would take it and twist it to make it sound like Bethenny attacked her or was trying to kill her again like she said on Scary Island.

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 12

Maybe they're grooming her to take over Andy's television duties.  If she could learn to let the guests speak, she might be good at it. At least I think she'd ask the questions that Andy doesn't and when she tones down the 1983 witticisms, she can be funny.

As much as Andy loves the limelight, he's not getting any younger.  And assuming he still holds an executive/day time gig with Bravo, doing the nightly club house, in addition to trying to have some kind of life - maybe he's looking to let some of it go.

Or maybe not.  Just trying to figure out why Beth is holding so many cards.

Yup, ITA.  Look, I'm just kidding around when I say he's terrified of Bethenny.  Oh, he may be sorta walking on eggshells with her cuz she's temperamental as fuck.  But I think it's him just being super-respectful.  There's a lot going on between those 2.  You could kinda see it in this 100th thing.  Clearly, he's handing the show off to her.  But you can see the chemistry between them.  They're friends -- socially & professionally.  He trusts her.  

And her crying jag at the end?  She made it clear -- to him & to us -- she's indebted to him, she's deeply grateful to him & more than that, she owes him, BIG TIME.  Without him, she'd still be hawking SkinnyGirl crapola in a SkinnyGirl covered jalopy or in a Costco (with nobody paying any attention to her), still broke & struggling.  And maybe that's why he trusts her.  Cuz she made it oh-so-clear she knows she owes him, that she's now rich.

Well, who knows?  Maybe a Bethenny-run show may be OK.  It remains to be seen.  She seemed to make it pretty clear, now that she's running this thing, Jillzy has no hope of ever coming back.  Too bad.  It mighta been fun.  Jillzy is one of the few people who would stand up to her.  

Hey, I don't believe he's abandoning the show altogether.  I have no doubt, if the ratings drop significantly, he'll get back to it.  I suspect he's getting offers for other stuff & just doesn't want to devote much time anymore to this show & is passing it to Bethenny.  Doesn't seem more complicated than that to me.

The real irony to me, and I think Bethenny sorta hinted at this, is that it all could have been so different.  This could have been him passing the show to Jillzy -- or to Bethenny AND Jillzy.  But Jillzy fucked herself up so badly.  Ah, poor Jillzy.  Anyone feeling sorry for her now?  Well, I do, but only if Bobby is indeed seriously ill.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 1

I don't think you're in the minority.  I've read all the posts and think there were a lot of people who enjoyed the 100th episode.  This is just my opinion, but it seems that those who dislike this episode, any episode, or an individual cast member tend to be more vocal and repeat themselves more often.

I agree with you that Kelly was just awful on Scary Island.  Bethenny has no reason to apologize to her and for anyone who thought having her say it would be "a nice thing to do", Bethenny knows better.  Kelly would take it and twist it to make it sound like Bethenny attacked her or was trying to kill her again like she said on Scary Island.

Here is my problem with Bethenny regarding Kelly/Scary Island. At the time, Yes, Kelly gave as good as she got, name calling, wild accusations, ect and when that last dinner with her there happened, I don't think Bethenny quite realized HOW bad/unstable Kelly really was. She does now though and instead of saying that had she known then, she could have/would have reacted differently, handled the situation differently, instead she said that because Kelly signed and appeared on the show of her own "free will", she would not have done anything differently, basically she said...... Oh Well, tough shite. That is cold, frigid cold, arrogant and shows a true lack of compassion/empathy on her part and I really, really dislike that in her. She wanted ALL of us and her fellow NYHWs to have compassion/empathy for her this season despite how nasty/BSC she was in the first half but refuses to with Kelly and Kelly really does have some "real" problems with her mental stability, unlike Bethenny IMO.

• Love 9

Hey, I don't believe he's abandoning the show altogether. I have no doubt, if the ratings drop significantly, he'll get back to it. I suspect he's getting offers for other stuff & just doesn't want to devote much time anymore to this show & is passing it to Bethenny. Doesn't seem more complicated than that to me.

Andy is only in his 40's and still Executive Producer of all of the HW's franchises. He loves doing WWHL and he just started a radio show on Sirius. His books sell so he's got a lot going on but he's ambitious. I don't see Andy giving up the HWs until their run is over. At best, that's probably only another two years anyway. If there's anything going on between Andy and Bethenny, IMHO they're planning ahead for life after the HWs. It takes a few years to get a new show up and running so maybe that's what people are seeing.

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 8

Here is my problem with Bethenny regarding Kelly/Scary Island.

I understand your point and agree that Bethenny could have worded her response differently.  She could have simply said  "Please let's not go there.  That's a nightmare I don't want to revisit."   My point was in response to the idea of Bethenny apologizing to Kelly which I think would have been a mistake.  Kelly would have jumped all over it and twisted it endlessly on Twitter.  Bethenny is smart enough to know that so she didn't give her an opening.

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 11

I understand your point and agree that Bethenny could have worded her response differently.  She could have simply said  "Please let's not go there.  That's a nightmare I don't want to revisit."   My point was in response to the idea of Bethenny apologizing to Kelly which I think would have been a mistake.  Kelly would have jumped all over it and twisted it endlessly on Twitter.  Bethenny is smart enough to know that so she didn't give her an opening.

I really don't think Bethenny needed to apologize but she does need to recognize that she handled the situation wrong knowing what she NOW knows. That's it, nothing more but Bethenny is as stubborn as the day is long and refuses to acknowledge that because, IMO, she sees that as a sign of weakness AND a sign that she is "guilty" of something. In reality, it is a sign of personal growth when one can admit that they could have/would have/should have handled things better had they the knowledge/understanding at the time it happened but in fact did not. As much as Bethenny may deny it, IMO, it does but she will refuse to acknowledge that for the simple fact that she dislikes Kelly intensely and can't see or get beyond that dislike/hatred. Oh, and I think the same goes for Kelly, she is blinded by her dislike/hatred of Bethenny as well.  

• Love 7

I don't think Beth owed Kelly an apology nor do any of the housewives.  Kelly had no problem emphatically stating her opinions.  How many times did Kelly tell Beth that she was a cook, not a chef....  I think people have been backing down to Kelly all her life.  Tiptoeing around her like a fragile flower.  Kelly 'needed' to hear what the housewives were saying.  She needed a good dose of reality.  She's just as delusional now as she was on the show.  There's something seriously wrong with her and placating her is not the answer.  That just feeds her irrational behavior.  I do understand why Sonja said to the ladies to stop at the dinner on Scary Island.  It was time to just get her off the island. 

Saying anything about having regrets after the fact just affirms to Kelly that she was right....  But she wasn't.  She wasn't bullied.  She wasn't attacked.  She was being responded to.  And she will never get it if people express regrets to a person who was out of line whether she has some mental illness or not.  She still has responsibility.  And I don't want to see her on my screen....

• Love 14

They, meaning Bravo and Andy, clearly want something and think they can gain something from/out of Beth. Why else would she be featured so heavily?

Maybe one of the cards that she holds is that Andy truly likes her. And she likes him. There's no telling what these cunning, famewhores could do if they really put their heads together. Andy and Bravo want a piece of Bethenny. That's a card.

I just think Bethenny is featured because she is the kind of girl that would naturally be the leader of the pack. She is an original cast member who was the underdog but is anything but that now. We feel like we know her. I also think her assertive, witty personality engages the other women to come out of their rut and talk, laugh or fight with her and each other. Do they call that a lightening rod? Like her or not she is like... BAM!

• Love 7

I don't think Beth owed Kelly an apology nor do any of the housewives.  Kelly had no problem emphatically stating her opinions.  How many times did Kelly tell Beth that she was a cook, not a chef....  I think people have been backing down to Kelly all her life.  Tiptoeing around her like a fragile flower.  Kelly 'needed' to hear what the housewives were saying.  She needed a good dose of reality.  She's just as delusional now as she was on the show.  There's something seriously wrong with her and placating her is not the answer.  That just feeds her irrational behavior.  I do understand why Sonja said to the ladies to stop at the dinner on Scary Island.  It was time to just get her off the island. 

Saying anything about having regrets after the fact just affirms to Kelly that she was right....  But she wasn't.  She wasn't bullied.  She wasn't attacked.  She was being responded to.  And she will never get it if people express regrets to a person who was out of line whether she has some mental illness or not.  She still has responsibility.  And I don't want to see her on my screen....

I couldn't agree more, Breezy - and what I found repulsive about Kelly's behavior towards Bethenny on Scary Island was that Bethenny was pregnant (not with the easiest pregnancy) and had just returned from her father's funeral AND was fulfilling her work obligation despite those two things, and Kelly was aggressively obnoxious to Bethenny .   No matter what her relationship with her father was, a cross-country flight from the funeral and another to Scary Island was probably exhausting and from what I remember, Kelly started from the time they were on the way to the resort.  Who knows whether she was also getting coached by Jill Zarin, but in any event, Kelly acted like an unstable idiot.

Kelly needs to take responsibility for her actions, instead of blaming others,  IMO.  I have no idea whether she is mentally ill, or has a drug or alcohol problem, or has another issue - but ultimately Bethenny stated what many think or surmise - that she shouldn't have signed up for the show if she didn't understand that her life and behavior would be under a microscope.

• Love 15

Saying anything about having regrets after the fact just affirms to Kelly that she was right....  But she wasn't

Exactly!

Had Bethenny even made a comment like Ramona's "she's fragile" Kelly would have probably accused her of sabotaging her professional reputation, ability to work and support her daughters.

• Love 8

Exactly!

Had Bethenny even made a comment like Ramona's "she's fragile" Kelly would have probably accused her of sabotaging her professional reputation, ability to work and support her daughters.

Absolutely agree.

IMO if it is expected that Bethenny somehow should have softened her words, then Kelly should have also apologized for her lack of sensitivity for her unprovoked badgering of a midterm, pregnant woman just returning cross country from a funeral.  It's as if Kelly feels that she is above reproach - she's truly "up there" and everyone else is "down there".

Edited by Aunt Kiki
  • Love 8

On another subject - did I hear correctly that Heather Thomson is also friends with Brandi Glanville?  I don't know whether Kristin or Andy mentioned it.

Also - did Ramona say that her daughter almost got kicked out of school because of the Van Kempen's nude photos?  I seem to remember that Ramona pissed the school off more than once taking Avery out of school for auditions - and was dumb enough to say it on air - I would think the school wasn't too pleased after finding out about that.

• Love 4

On another subject - did I hear correctly that Heather Thomson is also friends with Brandi Glanville?  I don't know whether Kristin or Andy mentioned it.

Also - did Ramona say that her daughter almost got kicked out of school because of the Van Kempen's nude photos?  I seem to remember that Ramona pissed the school off more than once taking Avery out of school for auditions - and was dumb enough to say it on air - I would think the school wasn't too pleased after finding out about that.

Yes, Kristen/Andy did say the Heather and Brandi are friends. I am not surprised as Heather was friends with Aviva at first as well. LOL I think she, Heather, tries to keep an open mind when she meets someone and I suspect that Kristen introduced then. Now, being "friends" and being "friendly" are often mistaken and I hope that Heather is just "friendly" with Brandi. LOL

I could not believe Ramona tried to blame A/S nude pictures for her daughter getting into trouble with her school! She will try to lay blame on anyone other than herself IMO. LOL

• Love 4

Yes, Kristen/Andy did say the Heather and Brandi are friends. I am not surprised as Heather was friends with Aviva at first as well. LOL I think she, Heather, tries to keep an open mind when she meets someone and I suspect that Kristen introduced then. Now, being "friends" and being "friendly" are often mistaken and I hope that Heather is just "friendly" with Brandi. LOL

It's six degrees of P.Diddy. Josh and Heather worked for him, Kristin would invite her model friends like Brandi to hang out so Brandi knows Heather.

P.S. (Don't tell anyone but I like Brandi, her books and podcast are fun too)

• Love 3

Hey, I don't believe he's abandoning the show altogether. I have no doubt, if the ratings drop significantly, he'll get back to it. I suspect he's getting offers for other stuff & just doesn't want to devote much time anymore to this show & is passing it to Bethenny. Doesn't seem more complicated than that to me.

What?? He's the Exec. Producer of the show, of all the HW shows, and Bethenny's a cast member. A very influential cast member, mind you, but still just a cast member. To say that Andy favors Bethenny is an understatement, but he doesn't cater to her demands beyond her contract stipulations. I think he sometimes takes her advice, but that doesn't mean he's letting her run the show. If that's the case, then Nene is running RHOA, and Lisa V. is running RHOBH.

The HW shows are Andy's baby, and NY is his favorite. He's not going anywhere, or even scaling back. I kinda wish he would, cuz a fresh perspective would be interesting, but even low ratings doesn't seem to diminish Andy's love affair with Bethenny. That's the weird part for me. Andy has blind love for Bethenny and is clearly biased when it comes to anything involving her, but aren't there other producers and executives at Bravo who aren't? Doesn't anyone see the low ratings and read the negative comments amidst the positive ones? It's as if she cast a spell over them.

• Love 3

Yes, Kristen/Andy did say the Heather and Brandi are friends. I am not surprised as Heather was friends with Aviva at first as well. LOL I think she, Heather, tries to keep an open mind when she meets someone and I suspect that Kristen introduced then. Now, being "friends" and being "friendly" are often mistaken and I hope that Heather is just "friendly" with Brandi. LOL

I could not believe Ramona tried to blame A/S nude pictures for her daughter getting into trouble with her school! She will try to lay blame on anyone other than herself IMO. LOL

Thanks for confirming both.  That Ramona is a real piece of work.  I remember when she walked off in the first reunion because she (and Mario) were so upset about the pictures.  She'd blame the dog if the Alex photos excuse didn't work.

It wouldn't shock me if Heather and Brandi were friends.  Strange bedfellows.

• Love 2

What?? He's the Exec. Producer of the show, of all the HW shows, and Bethenny's a cast member. A very influential cast member, mind you, but still just a cast member. To say that Andy favors Bethenny is an understatement, but he doesn't cater to her demands beyond her contract stipulations. I think he sometimes takes her advice, but that doesn't mean he's letting her run the show. If that's the case, then Nene is running RHOA, and Lisa V. is running RHOBH.

The HW shows are Andy's baby, and NY is his favorite. He's not going anywhere, or even scaling back. I kinda wish he would, cuz a fresh perspective would be interesting, but even low ratings doesn't seem to diminish Andy's love affair with Bethenny. That's the weird part for me. Andy has blind love for Bethenny and is clearly biased when it comes to anything involving her, but aren't there other producers and executives at Bravo who aren't? Doesn't anyone see the low ratings and read the negative comments amidst the positive ones? It's as if she cast a spell over

Great post.  I agree, I don't believe Andy is going anywhere - except on the road with Anderson Cooper.   I also agree that Bethenny doesn't run the show - if she did, the Kelly Bensimon appearance wouldn't have happened or even been thought about, for that matter.  No doubt they have a real personal friendship and certainly Bethenny's success and her access to other celebs doesn't hurt.  She was a good soldier in the early seasons doing all that was asked of her, and like it or not, makes her a good employee. 

IMO the Bravo executives overestimated the positive impact of Bethenny's return - then tried to do a course correction by re-filming talking heads (with no tears) - to no avail.  By signing her for next season, Bravo may feel that they know how to utilize her participation (hopefully with no product placement).

• Love 7

I don't think he owns the building.  Just the two apartments that he and Kelly live in.  And I'm pretty sure Kelly doesn't live there anymore.

Kelly was on a local NY TV show featuring high-end apartments that she was looking at  a few years ago.   She was acting like, ummm, Kelly.

• Love 1

I just think Bethenny is featured because she is the kind of girl that would naturally be the leader of the pack. She is an original cast member who was the underdog but is anything but that now. We feel like we know her. I also think her assertive, witty personality engages the other women to come out of their rut and talk, laugh or fight with her and each other. Do they call that a lightening rod? Like her or not she is like... BAM!

Sorry but I don't need nor want a "leader of the pack" on these shows. It is an ensemble show. I also don't think her getting the other HWs "out of their rut" is organic at all. They are all deathly afraid of her getting them sacked from the show so they try to film with her as much as she allows. I'm down for manufactured drama but not manufactured "friendship." If she wants to be center of attention then she needs to get her own show.

Exactly!

If my choice was to preserve my image that makes me millions of dollars per year or the delusions of an obviously unstable person, I am choosing my own image and reputation. Expressing regret for her actions is not the same as an apology. B can't have her cake and eat it too. If she can't see how she could have handled Scary Island better, then how am I supposed to sympathize with her weekly therapy sessions, crying jags of being "homeless" and all of her other "issues"? She came across as a person who lacks basic empathy which is not a rootable quality.
  • Love 12

Ramona's daughter's school issue stemmed from some comments Ramona made and were distasteful-maybe something about a bunch of lesbians.  Ramona wasn't such an innocent flower-in the first episode she was kissing a girlfriend in the Hamptons with her daughter near by.

I believe Kelly was a little uncomfortable about Bethenny leaving her father's funeral to film in St. John's.  Bethenny had an issue from the get go about filming with Kelly because Kelly didn't remember her.  Then there was the nonsense with Betheny at Kelly's house and Bethenny claiming her boyfriend some sort of rock photographer was being hit on by Kelly.  Bethenny came unglued when some chiropractor didn't remember meeting her.

I do think on Scary Island for most of the trip it was everyone vs. Kelly.  Kelly brought some of it on her self and at one point Bethenny pulled people away from the table to gleefully express how wonderful it was to watch Kelly go crazy.  Not a good look for either Kelly or Bethenny.  I was not surprised Bethenny continued to go after Kelly and I think next year she will have Dorinda in her sights.  Bethenny will always pounce on the vulnerable and Dorinda probably has not figured out how to stay out of the way.

• Love 8

IMO Bethenny showed restraint in her comments because she hasn't forgiven or forgotten what happened on the island. Unless I am missing something, prior to that trip there was no indication that Kelly was anything but a bit of an odd duck in the group. By going after Bethenny, who was there after her father's funeral and being pregnant to boot, Kelly cooked her own goose. She acted like a loon (and a very unempathetic loon at that) and kept jabbing until Bethenny had enough and went into a self-protection mode. Bethenny stopped when Sonja asked her to. Realizing that Kelly seemed to be in the midst of some type of breakdown doesn't negate her words or actions. Again my opinion, but Bethenny doesn't strike me as the benevolent type and if her pregnancy hormones were raging, after a while, she might have taken those words personally and still holds a grudge. That's what I interpreted from her lack of empathy.

• Love 5

EH (shrugging shoulders) I like Bethanny. She's funny and her clothes are to die for. Girlfriend looks great also. That's how you do plastic surgery ladies! 

Curious as to why they had that witch Aviva on the show. She was just as nasty now as she was then. Now there's a woman I can not stand.

• Love 7

Ramona's daughter's school issue stemmed from some comments Ramona made and were distasteful-maybe something about a bunch of lesbians.  Ramona wasn't such an innocent flower-in the first episode she was kissing a girlfriend in the Hamptons with her daughter near by.

I believe Kelly was a little uncomfortable about Bethenny leaving her father's funeral to film in St. John's.  Bethenny had an issue from the get go about filming with Kelly because Kelly didn't remember her.  Then there was the nonsense with Betheny at Kelly's house and Bethenny claiming her boyfriend some sort of rock photographer was being hit on by Kelly.  Bethenny came unglued when some chiropractor didn't remember meeting her.

I do think on Scary Island for most of the trip it was everyone vs. Kelly.  Kelly brought some of it on her self and at one point Bethenny pulled people away from the table to gleefully express how wonderful it was to watch Kelly go crazy.  Not a good look for either Kelly or Bethenny.  I was not surprised Bethenny continued to go after Kelly and I think next year she will have Dorinda in her sights.  Bethenny will always pounce on the vulnerable and Dorinda probably has not figured out how to stay out of the way.

Thanks, zoeysmom, I forgot about the pool scene-even Avery was upset. No doubt any school or organization Avery was associated with was probably "Ramonasized" before she got the show.

My opinion, but Kelly's and Bethenny's second season, it was established that they didn't care for each other but they pretty much ignored each other - until that trip. I sensed no initial aggression from anyone except for Kelly and then, after awhile, it was game on.

I don't buy that Bethenny has the power everyone believes she has. I think she is getting too much credit (or blame) for the other housewives being scared of losing their salary. If Housewives are holding back, it's on them, not Bethenny, Andy Cohen or Bravo.

• Love 7

I so distinctly remember Bethenny screaming at the reunion of the Scary Island season that Kelly has serious mental health issues.  It was mostly glossed over & nobody responded to or acknowledged Bethenny saying this.  But she clearly knew Kelly does have some kind of serious mental health issues.  OK, so what does this mean?  Look, this is a difficult situation.  Mostly because Kelly has refused for so long to acknowledge anything happened with her on Scary Island & she still steadfastly refuses to admit she has any mental health issues.  The closest she came to ever admitting anything was wrong with her on Scary Island was on this 100th thing, when she said she cried.  I mean, what the what?  She cried?  Oy.

Well, look at it this way.  If you encounter a mentally unstable person & he/she yells at you and/or insults you somehow, would you do the same back?  Sure, you don't know for certain he/she is mentally unstable, but you might strongly suspect it.  Would you feel badly about it afterward, if you do scream back and/or return insults to this person, who is mentally unstable?  Well, I certainly wouldn't do this cuz I'm a scaredy cat, so I'd run (far & fast) if I encountered such a person & I sure wouldn't respond to or antagonize such a person.  Oh, but that's me & I am not Bethenny, thank you.

Idk, to me, Bethenny admitting some regret in her treatment of Kelly is not saying that Kelly was right in her actions or behavior towards Bethenny on Scary Island.  Since Bethenny has said she strongly suspected Kelly of having mental health issues, I was hoping she might have said, "Look, I should have just walked away from her & said nothing".  Oh please, I know she'd never have actually done that on Scary Island cuz it makes for lousy & extremely unentertaining TV, but still . . .

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 5

Was this filmed about the time the AM scandal became public, pertaining to Kristen's husband being caught up in it?  I can't explain otherwise why she only showed up for less than five minutes in a two hour show.  Wasn't overly fond of the countdown part either.  

I so distinctly remember Bethenny screaming at the reunion of the Scary Island season that Kelly has serious mental health issues.  It was mostly glossed over & nobody responded to or acknowledged Bethenny saying this.  But she clearly knew Kelly does have some kind of serious mental health issues.  OK, so what does this mean?  Look, this is a difficult situation.  Mostly because Kelly has refused for so long to acknowledge anything happened with her on Scary Island & she still steadfastly refuses to admit she has any mental health issues.  The closest she came to ever admitting anything was wrong with her on Scary Island was on this 100th thing, when she said she cried.  I mean, what the what?  She cried?  Oy.

Well, look at it this way.  If you encounter a mentally unstable person & he/she yells at you and/or insults you somehow, would you do the same back?  Sure, you don't know for certain he/she is mentally unstable, but you might strongly suspect it.  Would you feel badly about it afterward, if you do scream back and/or return insults to this person, who is mentally unstable?  Well, I certainly wouldn't do this cuz I'm a scaredy cat, so I'd run (far & fast) if I encountered such a person & I sure wouldn't respond to or antagonize such a person.  Oh, but that's me & I am not Bethenny, thank you.

Idk, to me, Bethenny admitting some regret in her treatment of Kelly is not saying that Kelly was right in her actions or behavior towards Bethenny on Scary Island.  Since Bethenny has said she strongly suspected Kelly of having mental health issues, I was hoping she might have said, "Look, I should have just walked away from her & said nothing".  Oh please, I know she'd never have actually done that on Scary Island cuz it makes for lousy & extremely unentertaining TV, but still . . .

Scoobie, now you're gonna make me watch that episode again.......I just remember that everyone tried their best to not engage or poke the crazy until much later....Kelly seemed to want a reaction and would poke with her unique style of communication until she got one. It was one of the most uncomfortable episodes I ever watched. I do believe that Bethenny is nursing a permanent the grudge as far as Kelly is concerned based on her words. Very much her father's style.
  • Love 1

I still think she went overboard with Kelly.  The bullying thing, I'm on the fence about.  Kelly gave as good as she got.  But Bethenny wrongly assumed Kelly was/is a rational, functional human being & it was pretty obvious by her behavior on Scary Island, she isn't.  I'm not even faulting Bethenny for doing this.

I'm neither a Kelly or Bethenny apologist or fan but it was evident that Kelly was having some kind of breakdown on Scary Island, which she still doesn't seem able or willing to acknowledge or accept. I'm fine with that, though it's unfortunate for her that she's still this (what?) delusional or in denial about her behavior.

As to Beth's reaction, I'm just saying--without implying that she was justified in her reactions to Kelly--that she'd just been through her estranged father's funeral and was in a what's been called a dangerous pregnancy. I know that when I was pregs I was a hormonal mess, bursting into tears at the drop of a hat, flying off the handle--180 degrees from my normal behavior--and there was nothing I could do to stop it for a while. I was embarrassed by that, apologized to the poor folks in my path but I really couldn't control it while it was happening.

I'm willing to accept that Kelly was, indeed, having a breakdown and that Bethenny was hyper-hormonal. Of course, her refusal to acknowledge that now (from both women) is just unfortunate for them and makes them both look less than rational.

• Love 3

I'm willing to accept that Kelly was, indeed, having a breakdown and that Bethenny was hyper-hormonal. Of course, her refusal to acknowledge that now (from both women) is just unfortunate for them and makes them both look less than rational.[/quote

It reflects very poorly on both of them for much different reasons IMO.

• Love 4

http://www.enstarz.com/articles/108374/20150915/jill-zarin-news-why-wasnt-rhony-star-included-in-100th-episode-wwhl-special-andy-cohen-feud-video.htm

Why Jill isn't included in the 100th episode running Thursday night.  Jill seems to be delusional.  Some things never change.  My guess is now that Bethenny is back they are trying to minimize Jill.

Jill and Alex haven't exactly been good Bravo soldiers after their contracts weren't renewed, so they kind of greased the skids of persona non grata. If the article about Jill wanting credit is to be believed, then she definitely sealed her own fate. Possibly what she was asking for riled more muckety mucks than Andy Cohen

• Love 2

I'm willing to accept that Kelly was, indeed, having a breakdown and that Bethenny was hyper-hormonal. Of course, her refusal to acknowledge that now (from both women) is just unfortunate for them and makes them both look less than rational.[/quote

It reflects very poorly on both of them for much different reasons IMO.

Right - Kelly's still crazy/delusional.  But Bethenny? Just a brick wall when it comes to Kelly.  She could be Up Here now vis a vis Kelly.  But she missed the boat.

She does have a great plastic surgeon tho and great clothes.  And good one liners occasionally when she isn't back in the '80s.  For the love of god, "Get off my jock" is not one of them.  

Ramona - her apology to Bethenny was only for having told her off on the bridge "at that time" not for having said it, but only at that time, when Bethenny was vulnerable.  She still meant it.  hahaha.

• Love 1

According to Kelly, she did nothing wrong.  She didn't have a breakdown.  She was systematically bullied.  She won't even admit that she was wrong about yelling Al Sharpton, Al Sharpton.  So what do the women owe her an apology for?  They didn't bully her.  They responded to her hypocrisy (I don't eat processed foods.  Want a gummy bear?), her insistence that Beth was a cook, not a chef, her rudeness of not stepping away when she was on the phone, and then there was dinner.  Add to that all the things she said in her room when she wasn't with the other women. 

It would be different if she did admit that she had a mini breakdown and apologized for her behavior.  Then the women could say that they didn't fully realize until later in the dinner that there was something else going on besides Kelly being totally obnoxious.  They could offer an apology in turn.  The root of 'Scary' Island came from Kelly's behavior.  If she refuses to own any of it, any apology from the women just enforces Kelly's delusion of what she says happened.

• Love 9